Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Will You Marry Me?

• Start Topic

S1E2 This is crazy and nonsense but they've already hooked me with Cameron and Lauren. I want those two to make it. I do find him a little intense and serious but that might be his tech guy energy and him looking a little like Shia LeBeouf at times.

Giannina is gorgeous. I'm surprised that Damian said he was only 27. 27 and 25 is not a huge age difference but he looks older than 27. To me they had very shallow conversations but not everyone's a great conversationalist. It just matters that they're on the same level.

I don't have a problem with Carlton being bi but deciding he'd rather be with a woman. It's just that I don't buy that he's as traditional was trying to be if he's also had relationships with guys. In hindsight I'm thinking... what does he want to get away with on those Vegas trips?

Kelly/Kenny activated my UnREAL sensors. Like, how broken are these two people? Do they need to be on a reality dating show or do they just need therapy? Mutual depression is not something to bond over. 

Barnett is just running his own little Bachelor game. From what he's said, LC feels like a good fit. They're comfortable. But maybe they're both just friendly and out-going enough to connect with most people. I feel like there's attraction with Amber but he's clearly intimidated by her. He seems like more of a player than the other guys so I get why someone with that personality type might not want a girl who could outshine him. I don't think Jessica is a good connection for him. I don't think they bring out good things in each other. Even though she's older than him, she really leans on the baby voice and he gets to feel macho. They just have toxic energy together. I don't sense love. I sense drama.

I agree with Diamond about Mark vs. Barnett. I do have to wonder if Jessica would like Mark better if she didn't know he was Mexican and if they didn't know each other's ages. I don't like her stringing poor Mark along.

I swear to God, if we never get an episode with Rory, he is a producer or a therapist plant. It makes no sense him having all these convos with the guys and giving such reasonable advice. 

Damian's proposal was... very pre-planned. But if he meant it, it was very sweet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I swear to God, if we never get an episode with Rory, he is a producer or a therapist plant. It makes no sense him having all these convos with the guys and giving such reasonable advice. 

Ha!  I was just thinking “can we give Rory a gold star for being the therapist guy?” Because Rory is great, which automatically makes him highly suspicious. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 13

Are all of the skanky dresses as well? It seems like the women started their dates in pretty comfortable clothing and now are lounging on the couches in stripper gear. 

I questioned if people were helping with the hair/makeup and outfits but decided if they were, they must hate the contestants. I assume it was just their own clothes and we were just seeing them at different times. Clearly, after a certain point, people wanted to be comfortable. But on special occasions, like proposals, I assume production gave the contestants a heads up because everyone was dressed better even if they couldn't be seen through the wall.

• Love 5
On 2/14/2020 at 4:32 PM, LakeGal said:

I think Jessica is older than 34.  She just looks older. I got the feeling she wanted Barnet because other women wanted him.  It became a game with her.  Mark was her fall back guy.  

Okay I thought that was just me being bitchy but now that you've said it I feel better. I think that Barnett is a player and couldn't stand the idea of Mark getting Jessica so he just decided to sabotage them. I think she's wasting this opportunity if she let's his age dissuade her.

• Love 13

We just finished episodes 1&2. I don’t understand Carlton proposing without revealing he was bi. I just think that before they get engaged to anyone the couple should have revealed all the major elements about themselves and had conversations about kids, religion, where to live, etc. Basically cover anything important to them. If you can’t be honest with the person you plan to marry then who can you be honest with?

Jessica didn’t like Mark questioning her intentions then she got all offended when Barnett gave her the same line. I’m glad Mark told her he wasn’t going to play second fiddle, but then he took her back anyway. That’s totally going to work out well. 

I wish we weren’t getting such an edited view of the people there and how the whole dating pod thing really worked. Surely not everyone there will match up?

• Love 19

I thought the first episode showed promise, but this second episode is so contrived and fake. I literally laughed out loud when Mark, in a TH, came up with that trite "If you love something, set it free" tripe. Did his mom buy Hallmark cards in the 70's? The guy who likes Gianina could barely say his lines correctly. Rory is seemingly such an obvious plant to get the other men on the show to commit that I wonder if production is putting on a double fake for an end-of-show twist. Barnett clearly has zero desire to marry, so why is he even on this show? Add on the horribly cheesy music and this show is a ridiculous mess. Too bad. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

If I were the guy who's engaged to Giannina, I'd have called it off the second time she grabbed and shoved my face.

She's too young and freespirited to be taking the engagement seriously. Which is a bummer, because he seems serious about it.

Lauren and her guy (dang, I am bad at the guys' names!) -- if I could find a man who looks at me the way he looks at her... sigh.

I like Kenny and Kelly as a couple. They seem to fit well. Though aside from that 'alone' convo, most of what we heard from her was "good, good."

• Love 6

You know, I feel kinda sad for Carleton.  He so obviously wants to be straight.  And he's obviously been rejected before and you can tell it completely affects him.  There is a lot of unpack there, but man, he is so wrong for not telling Diamond.  I mean, I give Amber (of all people) props for talking about her abortion and revealing something to a guy who may not end up with her and may jut be playing her.  Meanwhile Carleton is supposed to be in love with Diamond.  I have a bad feeling about that.

Added to that is the contrast between their face-to-face versus Cameron/Lauren and Kelly/Kenny.  I mean, K&K are just the McBlandersons.  And yet, their embrace felt intimate and they kissed long and hard.  Cameron & Lauren were all over each other.  He was whispering all kinds of sexual chocolate stuff in her ear (TBH, Cameron is just a leetle bit intense) And they just kept kissing.  Meanwhile Diamond and Carleton hugged like they were related.  He kissed her and her body language showed her kinda rearing away from him.  They just didn't exude any of the physical intimacy and C&L and K&K displayed.

Jessica... oh, Jessica.  I hate that she is all about Barnett until he cools his jets and then she goes running back to Mark.  She seems like she is desperate to just end up with someone. 

No real opinion of Damian and Ginanina?

But what happened to virgin guy?  And Rory?  Is he just the sounding board?  Does he get a date?  Rory is kinda cute, tbh. Also there are a lot of nameless other women floating around.  I guess these are people who are more boring than K&K or didn't make any connection at all.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

But what happened to virgin guy?  And Rory?  Is he just the sounding board?  Does he get a date?  Rory is kinda cute, tbh. Also there are a lot of nameless other women floating around.  I guess these are people who are more boring than K&K or didn't make any connection at all.

Rory and the others go home. If you want updates or information on the other contestants, check the Pod People thread. I posted a spoiler about Rory and others in there. 

• Useful 2

I noticed 2 of the guys (idk the names) were holding what appears to be a maroon t-shirt or something when they went to meet their fiance.  What was that?

These girls like to show some cleavage!  

We are laughing at the fact that there is a proposal & then it's kinda like "ok, love ya, bye."

Maybe after the proposal they drop the blue wall so they can see each other right away.

• LOL 2
On 2/13/2020 at 6:59 PM, aradia22 said:

This is crazy and nonsense but they've already hooked me with Cameron and Lauren.

LISTEN. I'm late to this show and I had read stuff about how Cameron and Lauren are the real deal, and I'm as skeptical as anyone. Probably more. But when Cameron saw her and his face lit up (as it should, she's gorgeous and her body was BANGING in that green dress) and he ran to her, I was like, OK, well, shit, I like them. I really like her - she seems like someone I'd be friends with - and he seems like a really good guy. (I fell the ENTIRE fuck out when she said she had full lips and she was nervous that the proportions would be off when she kissed him.

(Of the guys, I'd be into Cameron too - he seems really sensitive, which I like, he's clearly smart, which I love, and he has a sexy voice. He has a genuine-ness that someone like a Barnett doesn't have (I don't like him at all). Mark seems like a good guy too but as a 30something, I don't think I could get past the age difference.)

On 2/27/2020 at 2:15 PM, DearEvette said:

Jessica... oh, Jessica.  I hate that she is all about Barnett until he cools his jets and then she goes running back to Mark.  She seems like she is desperate to just end up with someone. 

Jessica totally seems like she just wants to win, like she doesn't want to be left without a chair when the music stops.

On 2/14/2020 at 7:32 PM, LakeGal said:

I think Jessica is older than 34.  She just looks older. I got the feeling she wanted Barnet because other women wanted him.  It became a game with her.  Mark was her fall back guy.  

Jessica looks older than 34 to me too. Damian looks older than 27, and there's a brown-haired blue-eyed guy who we haven't seen much of but who is ... I think 28, and he looks older than that to me.

On 2/27/2020 at 2:15 PM, DearEvette said:

You know, I feel kinda sad for Carleton.  He so obviously wants to be straight.  And he's obviously been rejected before and you can tell it completely affects him.  There is a lot of unpack there, but man, he is so wrong for not telling Diamond. 

I feel very bad for him. He said something like "I don't know if she'd want someone like me," meaning bisexual, and that just broke my heart. There really is a lot to unpack there.

• Love 13

Jessica, if Barnett is a fuckboy for talking marriage with you and then saying he has feelings for someone else - then what the hell does that make you, considering you treated Mark the exact same way?

• Love 17

As I posted earlier, I hate fake romance of any kind, but I totally loved the second when Lauren and Cameron first set eyes on each other. The delighted surprise in their eyes was 100% real and the first truly romantic thing I've seen on TV in a very long time. 

• Love 16

Diamond needs some help with hair and makeup with her wig. It was so far back and you could see the line on the wig. 
I feel for Carelton but I don’t understand how you decide you’re not your natural sexual preference. He deserves a fair shot though and I hope it works out. 
Barnett is still too much of a player to be on this show and I hope Mark tells Jessica he’s done rather than be her backup

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 2/29/2020 at 11:07 AM, Empress1 said:

Jessica looks older than 34 to me too.

Me too. She’s 10 years older than him, looks 15 years older and acts 5 years younger.  Mark should have walked after that nonsense. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Loved Jessica's revisionist history:  "I pushed Mark away because that's what I do" .  It sure looked like you pushed him away because you wanted Barnett, and then went back to Mark when Barnett rejected you.  I'd feel bad for Mark, but it sounds like he knows he was second choice.  If he believes his "warning" will keep her from turning her head the next time someone she sees as more attractive comes along, he is mistaken.

Edited by leocadia
  • Love 10
On 3/2/2020 at 1:27 AM, Blakeston said:

Jessica, if Barnett is a fuckboy for talking marriage with you and then saying he has feelings for someone else - then what the hell does that make you, considering you treated Mark the exact same way?

jessica's baby/vocal fry voice would make me run for the hills. how do guys listen to that all day??

On 3/6/2020 at 10:51 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Diamond needs some help with hair and makeup with her wig. It was so far back and you could see the line on the wig. 
I feel for Carelton but I don’t understand how you decide you’re not your natural sexual preference. He deserves a fair shot though and I hope it works out. 
Barnett is still too much of a player to be on this show and I hope Mark tells Jessica he’s done rather than be her backup

a fair shot after he has told the truth about who he really is. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 3/6/2020 at 10:51 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

He's attracted to women and men. How would settling down with a woman not fit with his orientation?

• Love 7
On 2/20/2020 at 1:05 AM, Angeleyes said:

We just finished episodes 1&2. I don’t understand Carlton proposing without revealing he was bi. I just think that before they get engaged to anyone the couple should have revealed all the major elements about themselves and had conversations about kids, religion, where to live, etc. Basically cover anything important to them. If you can’t be honest with the person you plan to marry then who can you be honest with?

Exactly. He needed to be honest with her about that from the get-go. You do not start out a serious relationship withholding that type of information. Now, I have only watched episodes 1 and  2, but if he already feels it hasn't been the right time before proposing to her, when does the think this precious "right time" will come up?

• Applause 1
  • Love 6
On 2/14/2020 at 4:32 PM, LakeGal said:

That girl is a total pick me.  I don't believe her saccharine personality for a second.  Mark could do better, but he is 24, and while he is mature and self assured for a 24 year old I don't think he has had enough exposure to the world to see Jessica for who she is.  

Amber's glee over Jessica getting screwed over was icky.  She isn't the strong woman she thinks she is.  

Also, whoever that tall ass girl was trying to interrupt Jessica.....girl GO AWAY!!!

• Love 4
On 3/6/2020 at 7:51 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Yes, yes she does.  When they get to Mexico, Lauren needs to take diamond under her wing.

Everything about diamond's look is just a little too much and done with the wrong products.  She may buy high end stuff but just doesn't know how to use it.  I don't say this to bash her because I could be the same way (though I've been working on learning).  

I don't like Carleton because I feel he is a tryhard and I don't think he is authentic AT ALL.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 2/16/2020 at 7:34 PM, Adgirl said:

Okay I thought that was just me being bitchy but now that you've said it I feel better. I think that Barnett is a player and couldn't stand the idea of Mark getting Jessica so he just decided to sabotage them. I think she's wasting this opportunity if she let's his age dissuade her.

My thoughts exactly. 

and if you listen to Carlton (and I know I’m late to this show so y’all are all over it) every sentence out of his mouth is about him and his feelings. He really didn’t give that much consideration to Diamond’s feelings. He needed to make himself feel better and he is doing it at her expense by not revealing his true self to her. Isn’t that the point of this experiment-to get to know one another on the deepest level?

Edited by RoxiP
  • Like 1
  • Love 2