Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: Something To Sing About

• Start Topic

Kristin's marriage is over. Oh, they may not formally separate for a while, but he’s done and she’ll get there sooner or later. Her nagging and not letting go of anything are the death cries of trying to make him different from what he is. Once she accepts that he is not going to change and she can do better, she’ll be out of there. Or he’ll dump her for a mistress first. Hard to say.

Precisely – if he had a separate appointment at 6 pm with a different important client, would he manage somehow, despite the overwhelming and impossible odds that only entrepreneurs can possibly comprehend, to relay the message to his 6 pm appt that he would be late or a complete no show? He would. We all know he would. So does she.

If they actually wanted this marriage to work, there are simple things they could do like oh, say, never expect him home before 7 pm. Most people I know with 9-5 jobs don’t get home until 7 because of their commutes. For his part, he could not schedule routine calls/meetings after 4 pm at least a couple of days a week. Yes, things come up, and there may be time zone issues, but despite not being an entrepreneur and therefore incapable of understanding these things, I doubt that he is on the phone/holding monumentally important meetings every moment from 9 am to 6 pm. For one thing, I don’t think he’s going to the gym after work.

I, too, am not being an entrepreneur and therefore am incapable of understanding these things, but I'm preeetty! 

• Love 1

From Luann's blog: 

The truth is I really wasn't up to singing that night because I had a fight with Jacques that day and thats why he wasn't there. I just wasn't in the mood and Ramona pushing me only made it worse. I sing when I feel like singing, not when someone demands I sing. Ramona was just awful to me, and I felt like crying not singing. Ramona would of thrown me under the bus whether I sang or not. That's just how Ramona is with me -- horrible -- and I don't care what she thinks of me!

I realize I'm super nitpicky about spelling, grammar, etc. (it's a blessing and a curse), but LuAnn really has horrible grammar.  This is not the first time I've seen or heard her use "would of" instead of "would have."  That's a pet peeve of mine.

On to the substance of her comment...   It seems to me (or, should I say "Alls I know is" -- TM LuAnn), if you've made some sort of commitment to sing (clearly people in attendance were assuming she was going to sing), have arranged for a backup singer, etc., then you should sing even if you're aren't necessarily "in the mood."  Although Ramona was extremely rude about it.  Let it go, Ramona.  If LuAnn doesn't want to sing, the audience would probably have come to the same conclusion (worried about no autotune) without you having to spell it out. 

On a brighter note, I think LuAnn has the best style of all of the NY housewives, so I was surprised she scored so low (6% of the vote) on last night's WWHL poll (Which NY Housewife has the best style?).  Sonja came in 2nd, after Carole.  Do people out there really think that Sonja has a great sense of style???

• Love 4
Remember from the season previews there was a shot of Aviva's fake leg on the floor.  I am now convinced that Aviva will have a tantrum regarding her asthma and will fling her leg unto the floor to "prove" to the other housewives that she is indeed an amputee.

Yup. I would not be surprised at all if you were correct. She's already headed in that direction with the crap she said at Sonja's about "I bet they think my leg is real!"

That's exactly why I want to watch.

As do I! If we are robbed of a juicy therapy session I will be livid. But, please, Bravo - get a real one and not that crazy sex-doctor that attempted to counsel the Giudices-Gorgas. 

Yeah, that bothered me as well, especially since IMO the only reason he puts up with her being on RHONY is so he can wear his fucking e-boost shirts on TV. If Kristen went back to school and got a job I think he'd be really upset.

Oh yea, he'd be upset alright. I don't think he could handle his wife being more educated or successful than he is. That might be partly why he was hovering and busting her chops during that photo shoot - to throw her off and possibly hurt her chances of working with them again? I don't know, I just get the impression that HE likes to be the "star" in the family and she's just supposed to be his arm candy. And I don't really have a problem with one spouse managing the household and letting the other one shine, but damn he could at least appreciate her for half a second. 

From Luann's blog:

I realize I'm super nitpicky about spelling, grammar, etc. (it's a blessing and a curse), but LuAnn really has horrible grammar. This is not the first time I've seen or heard her use "would of" instead of "would have." That's a pet peeve of mine.

On to the substance of her comment... It seems to me (or, should I say "Alls I know is" -- TM LuAnn), if you've made some sort of commitment to sing (clearly people in attendance were assuming she was going to sing), have arranged for a backup singer, etc., then you should sing even if you're aren't necessarily "in the mood." Although Ramona was extremely rude about it. Let it go, Ramona. If LuAnn doesn't want to sing, the audience would probably have come to the same conclusion (worried about no autotune) without you having to spell it out.

On a brighter note, I think LuAnn has the best style of all of the NY housewives, so I was surprised she scored so low (6% of the vote) on last night's WWHL poll (Which NY Housewife has the best style?). Sonja came in 2nd, after Carole. Do people out there really think that Sonja has a great sense of style???

Alls I know is LuAnn could of throwed one of her hubcaps at Ramoner to calm her down.

Regarding WWHL, I was surprised at the poll too! I guess she really is Sonja with sexy J. 

I haven't watched WWHL in years. I tuned in for Rachel Maddow. Whose dog was roaming around? Is this like that pet turtle AC had? 

(edited)

Ramona's attachment to her daughter in the preview (or was that the First Look?  I honestly can't remember) is scarying.  Lolling all over her daughter while sobbing "I don't want you to go?"  Yikes.  Her daughter, on the other hand, can't wait to leave that place.

Is that even a normal reaction?  Perhaps times have changed since I went away to college (which was in 1983) and there were no tears as I couldn't get out of the house fast enough and my mother couldn't push me out fast enough.

Edited by MyAimIsTrue
  • Love 1
On to the substance of her comment...   It seems to me (or, should I say "Alls I know is" -- TM LuAnn), if you've made some sort of commitment to sing (clearly people in attendance were assuming she was going to sing), have arranged for a backup singer, etc., then you should sing even if you're aren't necessarily "in the mood."  Although Ramona was extremely rude about it.  Let it go, Ramona.

Part of me thinks that Ramona wanted to publicly humiliate LuAnn as payback for the wine trick she and Jaques pulled last season. Ramona was like a rabid dog last night because she'd probably been fantasizing all week about cackling at LuAnn's pitchy warbling, and she was pissed that it didn't go accoding to plan. Mario's voice isn't bad, but he has zero stage presence. Heather's voice is just okay, but she makes up for it in charisma.

• Love 3

Is that even a normal reaction?  Perhaps times have changed since I went away to college (which was in 1983) and there were no tears as I could get out of the house fast enough and my mother couldn't push me out fast enough.

I attended in the late 90's and it was the same for me. In fact, I think both my mother and I were white knuckling it waiting for the day that that I would be out of the house. We were both ready for me to be gone, and I was actually a really good kid who didn't even rebel. It was just time and we both knew it.

I haven't watched WWHL in years. I tuned in for Rachel Maddow. Whose dog was roaming around? Is this like that pet turtle AC had? 

That's Andy Cohen's dog.  He comes out most nights at the end of the show.

• Love 1

I'm so over Kristen & her whining & nagging. I get why she's upset, I've been there but she goes about it entirely wrong. She says in a few episodes that she wants people on her side or to have her back. She plays victim. I like her but she's shown that she can't let things go even after they were worked out. My husband worked much longer hours than hers, at times he lived 5 hrs away & came home on weekends. I had 3 little ones, no nanny, no spa or gym days, no girl trips. I didn't whine & complain & nag him to death. I appreciated his hard work, his ability to provide & I knew that he missed his kids & me (I hope). I wanted his time at home to be enjoyable & the kids to have memories of him coming home & being happy. She has plenty to be thankful for & even though it's hard she needs to appreciate him & maybe he would then appreciate her. Not every wife cooks, so order dinner & keep it warm. The important part is not the food, it's the time. There were times my hubby came home too late to eat with us, so I kept his plate warm & we ate dessert with him while he ate dinner. It's about time & she's making him not want to come home.

I cannot find anything redeeming about Ramona anymore. She used to be a little funny/quirky. Now, she's just mean & annoying. She has to comment on everyone & everything. When Marion was singing, she was really believing the song was about her. That was hard to watch. I know that if the other ladies were going through marriage issues she would be blabbing about it. But if they talk about her, she will go nuts. 

I love Sonja when she's not around Ramona. She's much more level headed & likable. Ramona brings out the worse in her.

• Love 1
(edited)
I realize I'm super nitpicky about spelling, grammar, etc. (it's a blessing and a curse), but LuAnn really has horrible grammar.  This is not the first time I've seen or heard her use "would of" instead of "would have."  That's a pet peeve of mine.

You aren't nitpicky at all.  I've noticed Lu write in her blogs -- must have been just about every blog she's written this season -- "would of".  It makes her sound uneducated.  Why can't she get the concept there is no such thing as "would of", and that it's "would have"?  Gretchen used to do that all the time.  Does Lu wanna be compared in intelligence to Gretchen?  Er, would anyone?

I don't get Lu's Bravo blog at all.  Is she writing it as if she's in the time frame of a year ago?  She clearly had broken up with Jacques then too -- so  WTF, Luann?  Enough with the bullshit.  Eh, I sorta luved seeing the Moaner ribbing Lu.  Is "shut your face" the kinda thing a well-mannered lady ever says?  Ah, but then, does a fancy lady say (or write) "would of" instead of "would have", or would she instinctively know the difference?

Yeah, Brian was the hot baldie artist who painted that ghoulish portrait of Sonja, which sorta looked like the painting of Dorian Gray.  We haven't seen or heard about him for years, but I guess Sonja was carrying on the relationship -- um, maybe without him knowing about it?  I suspect Sonja does that a lot.  I kinda like that Lu (in her Bravo blog) shot down any hint of a relationship between Sonja & Harry cuz Harry is seeing someone (probably many).  That's OK.  Just keep Harry around to chow down on more chicken bones -- maybe when the Moaner or Veevs are having one of their fits.

Hopefully there won't be anymore Mario singing -- except maybe to his skank.  I'd like to see the Moaner's reaction to dat.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1
(edited)

From Luann's blog: 

On to the substance of her comment...   It seems to me (or, should I say "Alls I know is" -- TM LuAnn), if you've made some sort of commitment to sing (clearly people in attendance were assuming she was going to sing), have arranged for a backup singer, etc., then you should sing even if you're aren't necessarily "in the mood."  Although Ramona was extremely rude about it.  Let it go, Ramona.  If LuAnn doesn't want to sing, the audience would probably have come to the same conclusion (worried about no autotune) without you having to spell it out. 

On a brighter note, I think LuAnn has the best style of all of the NY housewives, so I was surprised she scored so low (6% of the vote) on last night's WWHL poll (Which NY Housewife has the best style?).  Sonja came in 2nd, after Carole.  Do people out there really think that Sonja has a great sense of style???

Maybe the interns were instructed to call in and vote for Sonja.

I can't take those polls seriously since I read several seasons back that Jill always had a bunch of her buddies calling/texting in to vote for her whenever she was a choice in poll.

Then again, maybe some people just think Sonja's 1981 wardrobe (which probably reeks of mothballs from being stored in one of her closets in Grey Gardens) is tres chic and that the occasional exposed price tags are some new fashion trend.  

Stylish is never a word I would associate with Sonja.  Carole's wardrobe can be very eclectic so I can understand people voting for her, though.  But Sonja in second place?  That I can't understand.  

Edited by Persnickety1

She has plenty to be thankful for & even though it's hard she needs to appreciate him & maybe he would then appreciate her. Not every wife cooks, so order dinner & keep it warm. The important part is not the food, it's the time.

I think that Kristen does see that she has plenty to be grateful for, I don't think its an issue of her not appreciating Josh's financial support. I think the difference between your personal experience and what we are seeing with Kristen and Josh, is that Josh doesn't consider Kristen a partner in his life. 

Whereas your husband made it known that he missed you and the kids while he was working hard, Josh has gone out of his way to SHOW that his wife and kids aren't a priority in his life. His hard work is for him and his own vanity, that it provides a specific lifestyle for his family just goes back to it affirming his vanity.

I get that Kristen is whiny and not everyone's cup of tea, but I also get the sense that she is at her wit's end trying to get this man to see what HE has to be grateful for; a wife who loves him and two adorable children who won't be children forever. Those things don't do enough to boost his ego though, so she will never win that battle.

• Love 15
I think Ramona is terrified of Avery leaving, because now Mario no longer has a reason to stay.

Yup. I'm sure a lot of the pretense is for Avery's sake. Heck, even if they do stick it out, I bet he is a lot nicer when there's another person in the house watching and listening. And if Mario is off for a business meeting (i.e. knocking up crazy people) at least Ramona would have Avery to talk to. I think Ramona is terrified of being alone. 

I get that Kristen is whiny and not everyone's cup of tea, but I also get the sense that she is at her wit's end trying to get this man to see what HE has to be grateful for; a wife who loves him and two adorable children who won't be children forever.

Yes, we are coming in at year 10. It's possible she wasn't quite this naggy in the beginning. 

• Love 3

I am beginning to think that Kristen and Shannon from OC are pretty much the same person having the same issues with their marriages.

It seems funny that the divas of both shows have taken up for them, Ramona for Kristen and Vicki for Shannon.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Maybe Bravo should do a show about Housewives in Therapy Kristen and Shannon can be the first ones cast..

I do think that Kristen can be annoying -- no question about that -- but Josh talks down to her on many occasions, implying that she doesn't have any responsibilities, and essentially saying (without saying it) that she doesn't know anything.  He blames her for not having a meal on the table (and uses that as a reason for not coming home earlier), when he probably knew before they got married that she was not much of a cook.  He has enough money to hire a personal chef or a nanny who cooks, so I don't know what the problem is.

It sounds like Kristen gave up her thriving career to be with Josh, move across the U.S. to L.A., and then back to N.Y.C. again on a moment's notice, all in support of his career and their marriage.  Now she is "too old" to really be a supermodel and to work steadily.  It wouldn't hurt him to stop talking down to her and stop making jabs about meals not being on the table (in my opinion).

I do think it's funny that Josh's view of a "mediator"/therapist is that he/she will be someone who validates and agrees with his side of everything and tells Kristen how wrong she is.  Clearly he has no idea of how real counseling/therapy works -- and he is a bit delusional, too.

In other storylines... Yes, as others have said, the LuAnn/Jacques/canine photo shoot was painful.  I think that was the first time we've ever heard Jacques speak to Lu like that (unless I am forgetting something).  He used to seem very loving, fun and easygoing with her.  Their relationship was clearly plummeting by the time of that scene, and he felt forced into a photo shoot with a woman he no longer wanted to be with.

I agree with others who have said that Sonja is really not a good friend.   She is not.  She is a troublemaker.  She was not a good friend to Lu.  She is not a good friend to Carole (because I suspect that Sonja did sleep with Carole's ex at some point).  She is not a good friend to Aviva (who I don't even like).  She is not a good friend to her BFF Ramona (who I also don't like) -- and I have always wondered if Mario and Sonja 'knew each other better' behind the scenes.  I can picture him approaching her in a smarmy, drunken moment, but I always wondered if Sonja would go along with it and do that to her good friend Ramona.  I hoped that she wouldn't.

Ramona....just stop.  Give it up.  She was more yappy and more annoying than she is at other times, as she kept making jabs at LuAnn (who she secretly hates) and hurling unnecessary comments at her.  At times I think -- and I feel guilty for thinking it -- that I can understand why Mario stepped out on Ramona (which I suspect he was doing long before being caught).  And then I see him singing in a lounge lizard-esque way and remember how slimy he is, and I think that Ramona would be better off without him. 

• Love 3

What is with this ridiculous bullshit?  I've never ever seen Andy Cohen with a boyfriend or ever convincingly (to me, at least) express any gay lust whatsoever.  This convinces me he's actually a straight man who's surely got a wife (probably more than one) & 10 kids stashed away somewhere.  OK, slight exaggeration here, but I just know he's a big, huge phony to allow this crap.  I hate it.  It trivializes & demeans gay men.  It's just nasty as hell.  You suck, Andy Cohen.

This. One of my closest friends happens to be gay and I have never, ever referred to him as my "gay" anything. It is offensive to me. He is my friend, close friend, whatever. Just like I refer to my girlfriends. Actually one of my girlfriends is also gay, so is she my "gay wife" in HoWive land? Because I am straight, so that would seem a really weird reference. It would probably make Ramona's head explode.

• Love 2

Yeah, that's Andy's fat dog.  I hate seeing it because he's going into potato on sticks territory.  I don't care about seeing fat people, but it's so easy to keep weight off a dog there's no excuse for it (barring medical conditions, obviously).  

• Love 1
(edited)

I almost felt sorry for Ramona watching Mario dismiss her. Not that I blamed him, she is a pain in the Ass. Still, she is clearly in love and he clearly is not. At least not with her.

Done, done and done with Sonja. It is past pathetic and what she did with telling Aviva about what everyone said about her. Seriously? She needs to decide if  she wants to be sexy Sonja or a junior high school kid because that kind of tattling was certainly left behind by most of us in middle school -at the latest.

Yes, Josh is a dickhead. No  argument. But I have reached the point where it really doesn't matter what he does. Or what Heather does, or anyone else. When I see Kristen I just want to shoutt STFU! I cannot stand whiners. I could stomach her bitching easier than the whining and does she have to fake cry in every damn episode ? STFU Kristen and please, go away.

Aviva is toast. Yeah.

Still loving the Countess especially when she calls Ramona out on her BS. 

Edited by chlban
  • Love 2
(edited)

Now that makes a lot more sense. But when has Aviva ever made sense? It seems SHE was the one who needed to Google it. I really don't get how she could make the leap from that statement to Carole needing to Google everything in order to write her books. She is crazy.

I thought Kristen said he was 45 minutes late? And I thought she was being a bit generous, or rounding down. Because he was supposed to be home at 6:00 and it showed 6:55 on the clock when they were arguing in the kitchen. Or maybe by that point he had been home 10 minutes? Either way, 20 minutes....45 minutes....I think her point was that he didn't let her know. He had previously told her that he WOULD be home at 6:00, and then didn't call/text/email when things changed. Which forced HER to have to call, to figure out what was going on, and then he explodes on her. I just think his entire attitude about his family shows a real lack of respect. He'll breeze in and out as he pleases and they all just need to deal with it. 

People have been comparing them to the Beadors on OC and I can see that Kristen is quite the nag. I don't know if she is AS bad as Shannon. I can only recall her nagging Josh about his tardiness and presence with the family, the way he treats her (abandoning her at the mud run), keeping his word, etc. But Shannon nags David about incredibly mundane things like having water before bed or chips before dinner. It's like she nags just to nag, while Kristen (who definitely needs to learn when to let things go) seems to have legitimate gripes. 

And I don't think I would compare David to Josh. Obviously we are not privy to everything, and David does have the DV past, but I haven't really seen him disrespect Shannon on camera the way I have with Josh. 

For fuck's sake why can't Kristen just deal with the fact that Josh is not a thoughtful guy. He probably never was and will never be that guy and if she keeps trying to change him she will push him away. If she can't deal with who she married then, she might as well leave him now. What is the saying? Women marry me hoping they will change and Men marry women hoping they will never change...ha.

Edited by psychnurse
  • Love 4

For fuck's sake why can't Kristen just deal with the fact that Josh is not the guy she wants to change him into. He will never be that guy and if she keeps trying to change him she will push him away. If she can't deal with who she married then, she might as well leave him now.

A thousand times YES!!!!  Kristen comes off to me as spoiled entitled brat.  Even after the make up with Heather -there she was wanting to rehash it when they were all out to dinner.  I think her motto is life is, "I am not done yet with you."

I think Kristen has probably learned from RH franchises the market for a new husband starts to dwindle when you are circling the drain at the ripe old age of 40.  I wonder how far that high school education will take Kristen if she decided to split the sheets with Josh.  Maybe a Bravo spin-off RH coast to coast dating starring Kristen and Brandi.

• Love 1

Ok, Carol. This is a small nit-pick, but it's a pet peeve of mine. Munchausens is a psychological disorder, not a psycho-semantic disease. Those are real diseases with real physical symptoms that are caused by psychological factors like stress. Muchausens is a mental disorder in which someone fakes illness in themselves or others for attention.

Dude Josh is a dick. He was not performing emergency surgery on the victims of a bus crash. He would have had plenty of time to shoot a 5 second text to his wife while everybody was logging onto the conference call. He just didn't care. If he was on a conference call and not out with another woman, which I'm not sold on.

I've worked in politics, which is kingdom of conference calls and egos and shit coming up at that last minute. In my experience, some people are always way too busy and important to be respectful of other's time and some people always manage to conciser others. Josh doesn't find the time to communicate with Kristen because he doesn't think he should have to consider her. It has nothing to do with his schedule.

• Love 6

A thousand times YES!!!!  Kristen comes off to me as spoiled entitled brat.  Even after the make up with Heather -there she was wanting to rehash it when they were all out to dinner.  I think her motto is life is, "I am not done yet with you."

I think Kristen has probably learned from RH franchises the market for a new husband starts to dwindle when you are circling the drain at the ripe old age of 40.  I wonder how far that high school education will take Kristen if she decided to split the sheets with Josh.  Maybe a Bravo spin-off RH coast to coast dating starring Kristen and Brandi.

Didn't (the very boring) Jo from the RHoOC get her own Bravo dating show, with Slade skulking around and interviewing her various suitors, then ultimately dating Jo again (until he latched on to Gretchen)?

Surely, Brandi and Kristen could get their own dating show too! 

(edited)

I believed that Heather didn't want to go onstage to sing for exactly zero seconds. Her bitch edit, whenever it comes, is going to be amazing. Production has given her just a teensy bit of rope to hang herself this season and we're already seeing cracks in her personality. When Andy decides it's her turn to get blamed for everything? My god she, but she will walk right into it.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 6

For fuck's sake why can't Kristen just deal with the fact that Josh is not the guy she wants to change him into. He will never be that guy and if she keeps trying to change him she will push him away. If she can't deal with who she married then, she might as well leave him now.

I kind of agree with this. I don't think that Kristen is trying to change him into a different person, I think she is trying to get him to be the man he pretended to be when they first got together. I have no basis for this belief other than the fact that the guy seems to know how to charm enough people to run a successful business. 

I think that Kristen wants the Josh she agreed to marry. I think that Josh figured that he won when he and Kristen married, and then it was just about checking her off his list of accomplishments. 

Kristen doesn't realize this, and neither does Josh. They are both too invested in being right to take a self evaluation. I do agree that Kristen's nagging might push him away, but I also think that Josh uses her whining to take the temperature of just how much further he can push his toolishness. It's like the whinier she gets, the more he knows he has her under control. 

Kristen whining or nagging him gives him control to treat her like a child, since that is what she is acting like. If Kristen stops whining or nagging him, he would go into a tailspin trying to push her buttons. I think that Josh likes that Kristen behaves like a child when she is trying to make a point. It puts him in a power position and he can always win. If she were to stop and just start doing things without consulting him, he wouldn't know what to do with himself. He may respect Heather more than his wife, but there is no way he would ever be able to deal with someone like Heather as his wife. 

• Love 9

Mostly a lurker here and loving your comments. Still laughing about the sequined sack of Russet potatoes (with earrings).

I think Heather and Josh could be brother and sister--neither one is attractive and their noses are so similar. Sadly. Josh couldn't even use the word "therapist"; he is going to see a "mediator." There is no hope for him and Kristen. 

Sonja is a whore who is delusional enough to think she is a lady. Harry looked like a wild beast ravenously chomping on those chicken wings. Revolting!

As a former college English teacher, I cringe at LuAnn's grammar. Last night she threw out another of her "for Jacque and I" locutions when it should have been "me." But so many people think "I" is classier than "me." It's not. Depends whether you need a subject or an object pronoun. But I digress. That's alls I know.

Mario sure as hell wasn't thinking of the Moaner when he was singing. He looked like he had a bellyache. Moaner needs heavy medication. Her immaturity is astounding. An induced coma would be welcome. Run, Avery, run!

Carole annoys me no end. She is a faux hippie who thinks she is an adorable waif. I can't stop staring at her fugly mouth and terrible overbite. Not too late for Invisilign, kiddo. And when she was throwing out all those celebrity names, she pronounced Ralph Fiennes as "Ralph." She mentioned she had an affair with him (???), so you'd think she'd know he pronounces his name "Rafe." 

As for Aviva: buhbyeeeeee!

• Love 5
(edited)

Mostly a lurker here and loving your comments. Still laughing about the sequined sack of Russet potatoes (with earrings).

I think Heather and Josh could be brother and sister--neither one is attractive and their noses are so similar. Sadly. Josh couldn't even use the word "therapist"; he is going to see a "mediator." There is no hope for him and Kristen. 

Sonja is a whore who is delusional enough to think she is a lady. Harry looked like a wild beast ravenously chomping on those chicken wings. Revolting!

As a former college English teacher, I cringe at LuAnn's grammar. Last night she threw out another of her "for Jacque and I" locutions when it should have been "me." But so many people think "I" is classier than "me." It's not. Depends whether you need a subject or an object pronoun. But I digress. That's alls I know.

Mario sure as hell wasn't thinking of the Moaner when he was singing. He looked like he had a bellyache. Moaner needs heavy medication. Her immaturity is astounding. An induced coma would be welcome. Run, Avery, run!

Carole annoys me no end. She is a faux hippie who thinks she is an adorable waif. I can't stop staring at her fugly mouth and terrible overbite. Not too late for Invisilign, kiddo. And when she was throwing out all those celebrity names, she pronounced Ralph Fiennes as "Ralph." She mentioned she had an affair with him (???), so you'd think she'd know he pronounces his name "Rafe." 

I caught the "Jacques and I" goof, and it annoyed me.  I quickly got distracted from that when I saw Jacques' demeanor and read the subtitles.

Carole bugs me as well -- enough with the whole 'I'm a super cool bohemian stoner who is relaxed and at ease with everything' business.  In her defense, however, I don't think she was the one who incorrectly pronounced Ralph's name as "Ralph."  Her assistant did that as she read from a list of names -- or, at least, that was the voice I thought I heard -- and Carole corrected her and told her it was pronounced "Rafe," adding in that she had dated him.  I could be wrong -- I'd have to go back and watch it again to be sure that it was the assistant who screwed up the name -- but that's how I thought it played out.

Edited by Sherry67

For fuck's sake why can't Kristen just deal with the fact that Josh is not a thoughtful guy.

I would make the argument that she is dealing with this fact, but she's not ok with it since she's married to him and has two young children with him and planned a life together with him. So she's telling him, and hopes that it will get through. And couple's therapy is a good forum for that, which apparently they're doing. I agree with you that people don't change, so I don't think they're right for each other, but she doesn't see what we see. Or I think she's beginning to, but she's still fighting it.

I also want to address this late-for-dinner, text b.s. Here's why it's ridiculous -- Josh wasn't on a conference call! It's his go-to excuse whenever he's late and Kristen berates him. Think about it - if you're in a meeting with your co-workers or even on a business call, you can end the mtg. or call if you're running late for something, but that's not really ok to do on a conference call with lots of people who put the call into their schedule. That's why he always uses it - he knows she can't expect him to drop this important conference call with lots of important business people just to run home to wifey! (Not being an entrepreneur, she has to take his word for this). It's the perfect work excuse.

Here's another way to see through the lie: Kristen constantly nags Josh to come home for dinner at an early enough time to eat dinner with her and see the kids before bedtime. She doesn't say every night, just once in awhile. He finally agrees, and they arrange a "date night," with Josh agreeing to be home at 6:00, with Kristen cooking dinner, which she never does, so she's obviously putting in extra effort. Who arranges a conference call with 6 people at 5:30 PM when you're expected home at 6:00 for a blue moon date night? No one! Not even Dickhead Josh, because he's such a smart businessman he knows this is poor planning. You can tell Kristen even knew he was lying, because she asked him what time the call started, and she practically rolled her eyes at his answer. There's no way he had a 5:30 conference call. I'm sure he was just hanging around, or running late for no discernible reason, but doesn't feel it's a big deal, and only went to his go-to excuse when Kristen demanded an answer.

• Love 8

Relatively speaking, being a 'Real Housewife' is a super easy job. Not nearly as grueling as a real career, like practicing law, for example. And unlike other shows in the franchise that seem to have never-ending seasons, the New York franchise has been very short. If Aviva called in sick this much at a real job, she'd probably be laid off.

Darn! I missed the poll. Who won? I think that Luann dresses in a way that is very flattering to her, but definitely don't consider her to be stylish. And although Sonja does from time to time wear some strange get-ups, I think her wardrobe is for the most part very stylish. Some of those clothes may be old, but the point of spending big bucks on classic type clothes is so you can wear them for ages and never look out of style. Luanne's wardrobe doesn't look as though it could stand the test of time. Kristen also dresses very nicely I think, but she's still a whining, annoying cow most of the time.

Josh and Kristen..... Everyone has offered really great insight into their relationship. Ten years of marriage sees a lot of change. I couldn't even legally drink (nor could my husband) when we were married and we celebrated our tenth anniversary last month. Have things changed since we were first married? Hell yes! Was it/is it hard to cope with those changes? Hell yea! It's how you deal with them that matters.

We have a one year old and a four year old. I worked full time until the one year old was born so the oldest was in day care and we had to arrange our schedules accordingly to pick him up from school. That was nice, for the most part, we had dinner as a family everynight. Then, one day, after several discussions, my husband decided to open his own blue collar business. Found out baby #2 was on the way shortly after. Once I had him we decided together I should quit my job due to day care expenses.

Being a SAHM was hard as shit, at first, especially to two kids all at once! I expected DH home for dinner, bedtime routine, bath time. He wouldn't call or text and many a fight occurred between us. One day we both just kind of snapped at each other and had a major discussion. In the end we both made some compromises and I never expect him home before 7:30 and usually one weekend a month where he works. The kids have gotten used to it as have I. He's usually on a job site where shit goes longer than expected and the way he works, it's easier not to have to bother with notifying me, unless he's going to be HOURS late!

All this to say that yea, Josh is a dick in how he demeans his wife. And Kristen could get a lot further if she picked her battles more wisely. Part of what I was dealing with in regards to DH was that I came from a working background and think I resented the fact that he actually got to leave the house and work where I never got a break from the kids. He resented me in a way because I got to stay home and have fun. You've got to flip the situation and think of life in the spouses shoes to fully understand that each of you have faults but each of you work hard in your own way to provide for the family and move on. I think they both just resent each other too much to have any empathy for the other.

• Love 2

Kristen should realize by now that Josh has no "set" daily schedule (or respect for others time) and that with two small children she should start setting the schedule herself. Dinner will be on the table nightly between 6:15 and 6:30 be it homemade, take out or heat & eat. Eating time for herself and the children will not be pushed back for Josh. Warm leftovers will be left warming in the oven on low or cold items in the fridge if he arrives home after say 7:00. His head would probably explode if she took control and did this.

• Love 6

Kristen should realize by now that Josh has no "set" daily schedule (or respect for others time) and that with two small children she should start setting the schedule herself. Dinner will be on the table nightly between 6:15 and 6:30 be it homemade, take out or heat & eat. Eating time for herself and the children will not be pushed back for Josh. Warm leftovers will be left warming in the oven on low or cold items in the fridge if he arrives home after say 7:00. His head would probably explode if she took control and did this.

I kind of agree. If Josh started coming home at 7 or 7:30 and left-overs were in the fridge and the kids were in bed and Kristen was watching TV or having a glass of wine with a girl friend and simply refused to engage with Josh no matter how many times he pulled his master of the universe BS with her and just told him "that's fine. I understand that's your schedule. THIS is my schedule and it's just as important as yours so go fix your self some dinner" and then went back to whatever she was doing Josh would be besides himself. The truth is he likes making Kristen wait because it makes him feel important to make people wait on him. The best thing she can do is to stop waiting.

• Love 15
(edited)

Everyone is dressed up but Josh wears a polo shirt, huh?

Ramona is a nasty piece of trash!

And loved loved Heather singing she just always seems fun.

Edited by imjagain
(edited)

But she's doing exactly this already. Last night's dinner was a planned exception to the norm. And Josh's head does NOT explode at this arrangement. In fact, I think he rather likes it - it gives him the freedom to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, with no obligations. He's even free to go out to dinner, or for drinks, or even clubs (er, sorry - I mean network) all night, every night. Because that's what entrepreneurs do. (You probably haven't started a business, so you wouldn't understand). And when she "nags" at him about this arrangement, he counters with the ever-so-mean (and bullshit) excuse of: well maybe if there was a home-cooked meal waiting for me..." So what happens when she tries to do exactly that? He a) is late; and b) criticizes her cooking. Face it. He's just a dick. And no new arrangement or schedule will change that.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 6

I kind of agree with this. I don't think that Kristen is trying to change him into a different person, I think she is trying to get him to be the man he pretended to be when they first got together. I have no basis for this belief other than the fact that the guy seems to know how to charm enough people to run a successful business. 

I think that Kristen wants the Josh she agreed to marry. I think that Josh figured that he won when he and Kristen married, and then it was just about checking her off his list of accomplishments. 

Kristen doesn't realize this, and neither does Josh. They are both too invested in being right to take a self evaluation. I do agree that Kristen's nagging might push him away, but I also think that Josh uses her whining to take the temperature of just how much further he can push his toolishness. It's like the whinier she gets, the more he knows he has her under control. 

Kristen whining or nagging him gives him control to treat her like a child, since that is what she is acting like. If Kristen stops whining or nagging him, he would go into a tailspin trying to push her buttons. I think that Josh likes that Kristen behaves like a child when she is trying to make a point. It puts him in a power position and he can always win. If she were to stop and just start doing things without consulting him, he wouldn't know what to do with himself. He may respect Heather more than his wife, but there is no way he would ever be able to deal with someone like Heather as his wife. 

I agree with all of that except the part where Josh was someone else. I suspect he was always a selfish jerk and she was always a high maintenance whiner.

• Love 1
If he was on a conference call and not out with another woman, which I'm not sold on.

That has always been my gut-feeling. And, since they are both so far up each others' butts, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Heather.

I am of the opinion that the only poised, mature, and empathetic person on this show is Avery.

• Love 2

If all Kristen wants is more family time with Josh and the kids-why doesn't she get up at 5:30 am and spend time with Josh and kids (who are up) then?  He is there the kids are up. . . perfect family time.   I think Kristen just wants to boss Josh around and I think he is trying desperately to "make it" before 45 or all his hair falls out.

I agree with all of that except the part where Josh was someone else. I suspect he was always a selfish jerk and she was always a high maintenance whiner.

I agree. I think they both were and still are both of those things. 

• Love 2

Aviva is so fucking useless. I'm convinced Sonja received hazard pay to play friendly with her.

I was (pleasantly) surprised that Heather sang as well as she did, because I remember her sounding pretty bad in the clip that was shown in the season preview special. It was sweet that she dedicated the song to her musician father.

Harry eating that chicken wing while Mario was singing was hilarious! Kristen was also eating ravenously during the song.

That was funny. They were tearing it up in their own "birdland".

• Love 1

His pregnant mistress?

Nah.  Nothing effortless about that scheming crazy eyed shrew.  She's another Ramona.  I believe Mario was singing about his vodka.

Just curious, is Birdland very famous?  Do other New Yorkers know it?  Cuz I've lived in Manhattan for 20 years & don't know it at all.  But I know nothing about & couldn't care less about jazz -- so maybe that's why?

Yes.  I'm not into jazz either but I heard about it and even went there in the late 90s.

Dr. Sonja thinks that the larger the inhaler the more severe the asthma. I predict that next time Aviva shows up with a bellows tucked into her purse.

Yes. Josh's job is stressful, but I've worked a boatload of jobs that have a limited amount of accessibility. He's full of it. I've practiced in a law firm, worked in hospitals, worked in the legislative branch and slept at my desk for days during a filibuster, private industry, and a government agency. I've never had a job were I couldn't surreptitiously sneak a text to let folks know that plans were shot. I would love to figure out how different Josh's job is to every job that I can conceive of.

It might have been a video conference call where the other people could see Josh texting away.  Or, more likely, Josh got caught up in the call.  It happens.  It's happened to me too many times.  What you think is a quick routine check in call, turns out to be a free for all.  Especially when you aren't the client.  Still, once the call was over, Josh should have texted K.  K would have complained anyway because that's what she's predisposed to do.

Josh reminds me of a friend who always was so busy, too busy to respond, too busy to do xyz, and really was just a jerk. At least he came around, and realized he was acting like a pompous jerk (he had gotten into a top program, and suddenly thought he was so above everyone else). Also, I hate throwing around entrepreneur as an excuse to act like a jerk. It literally takes seconds to send a text or email saying you will be late, and yet shows simple respect to your spouse. And so many of us have worked long and crazy hours, yet still managed to communicate to our spouse, or significant others, or friends. Yes, starting a business can be a stressful and selfish time, but I also know many people who have managed to start  companies and still text their spouse. Amazing. 

And, like others pointed out, it isn't as if Kristin doesn't have some degree or understanding of working and hustle. And I too would be very upset if I were married, and my husband didn't think enough of me before making a big decision. 

Aviva … I just can't. My dad has asthma. The 30% number she is throwing around? That is his lung capacity. And he has been hospitalized for it. So I KNOW how serious it is. And yet, my dad somehow manages to travel to India, go to work like a normal person, and do things around the house. And when he has an attack. It is scary. It isn't a random puff of the inhaler. So, Aviva, seriously, do us a favor, and stick to your prosthetic. You are doing a good thing with that. When you try to go into areas that you aren't knowledgeable about, you trivialize it for the rest of the people who are dealing with the serious version of the issue. I'm not saying she doesn't have asthma. But the way she is presenting it will make people not realize how serious asthma and attacks can be. 

• Love 3

At this point I dont't see how anyone can defend or agree with Aviva. She is the most delusional,self centered nut case I have ever seen on my tv. Her Bravo blogs are self serving and absolutely vile in tone and content.

• Love 3

In other storylines... Yes, as others have said, the LuAnn/Jacques/canine photo shoot was painful.  I think that was the first time we've ever heard Jacques speak to Lu like that (unless I am forgetting something).  He used to seem very loving, fun and easygoing with her.  Their relationship was clearly plummeting by the time of that scene, and he felt forced into a photo shoot with a woman he no longer wanted to be with.

Jacques came off fake and passive-aggressive.  Luann was speaking English to him, yet he repeatedly spoke French - I guess to hide the fact that he was saying mean things to Luann, and perhaps about the photographer.  It really turned me off.

• Love 2
At this point I dont't see how anyone can defend or agree with Aviva. She is the most delusional,self centered nut case I have ever seen on my tv. Her Bravo blogs are self serving and absolutely vile in tone and content.

Sheesh, why in the fuckety fuck would Veevs immediately think the other women were concerned for her?  Er, maybe cuz she's so insanely self-absorbed & delusional?  Ya think?  OK, maybe if she were attempting a joke -- that I could see.  But the woman has no sense of humor & when she tries to joke about something, she ALWAYS fails miserably & she's never ever funny.  She's never anything other than phony or nasty or unpleasant as hell to watch.  This is what you want to give us, Andy Cohen?  Thanks a fuckin' lot.  No wonder the ratings suck shit.

First off, she has asthma (supposedly).  It's not like she has some untreatable fatal disease.  Lots of people have asthma & deal with it just fine & dandy.  Secondly, the miserable way she's treated every one of these women -- why the hell should any of 'em care one bit bout her?  I just don't get this horrible woman at all.  I only hope to never run into her & I'll be glad when they finally kick her off the show.  I just can't stand looking at her or hearing her.

Even the Moaner was talking shit about Veevs & I thought they were supposed to be pals now.  That didn't last long, eh?  So Veevs going all up the Moaner's ass didn't really amount to much, did it?

• Love 1