Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

15 hours ago, AAT said:

Does this mean no DCC callback???

I did a little digging and I would assume this is for the cheer team she was on not for DCC, other people on the team posted about being on the team for another year around the same time that she posted this. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think as long as Kelli seems to favor a certain look and certain hair, where girls can whip it around during the choreo, many of the black girls who might otherwise wear their natural curls (and certainly many of them may prefer to straighten their hair as it is), will still show up with weaves, wigs, and straight hair. It’s a job interview like anywhere else. If you’re interviewing at a place where ppl tend dress and present themselves very conservatively, most candidates (of any race) will likely try to match that image and wear straight hair or a bun, etc to the interview. After all, you’re trying to get the job, not make a statement. The black DCC candidates are trying to do the same. Of course, part of the difference is that a regular job, you can change your look and in 2020, most reasonable places are not going to say anything unless you show up with blue hair or something outlandish. With the DCCs, I just think they get pigeonholed into wearing their hair how they came in, and they never really change the black girls’ hairstyles much during makeovers.

ETA: I think it’s just a cycle that goes round and round. I actually don’t think Kelli would make a black girl straighten her hair, BUT we all know the look that Kelli likes. Therefore, many girls are going to try and match that look in the first place bc they probably (rightfully) think it will help their chances. And once they’re in, Kelli isn’t going to change their look from something that she definitely likes to something that she may not lol. 

Edited by Jess14
Clarity
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, TexasLonghorn94 said:

This has no new information in it, but this comment in a DCC FB group is by Marissa Garrison’s mom.

29FDF128-B8C4-4DD2-B285-0C8D5EB554DC.jpeg

That Amy girl doesn’t know what she is talking abt bc she has posted A lot on different pages stating all this stuff abt who is retiring and such and none of the girls she said were retiring were not tbe girls we know that have left 

(edited)
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

That Amy girl doesn’t know what she is talking abt bc she has posted A lot on different pages stating all this stuff abt who is retiring and such and none of the girls she said were retiring were not tbe girls we know that have left 

I was mainly just sharing for the fact of it being Marissa’s mom.

Edited by TexasLonghorn94
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

I did a little digging and I would assume this is for the cheer team she was on not for DCC, other people on the team posted about being on the team for another year around the same time that she posted this. 

Thank you for your competent research! I was also very puzzled to notice that Anyssa had waited for a call eventhough the announcement was moved to Friday.

• Love 2

I'm really hoping that they are taking this extra time to put together some sort of social media announcement. I've seen other teams post their finalists pictures or an edited video of their virtual auditions to introduce them to the fans. I know DCC usually doesn't explicitly post who gets into TC because of the show but we usually get a picture, plus we usually know who has made it to finals. I'd be pretty sad if no one posted anything.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, AAT said:

Does this mean no DCC callback???

She has on a Cheer Athletics uniform which is cheerleading, not dance. I doubt it has anything to do with the DCC. I believe CA announced teams in the last few days. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Gonna cut Amy some slack.  If this is who I think it is, she is a DCC super fan with Down Syndrome.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

She has on a Cheer Athletics uniform which is cheerleading, not dance. I doubt it has anything to do with the DCC. I believe CA announced teams in the last few days. 

It seemed to me like she was sad because she didn't try out for CA again due to trying out for the DCC.  She was sad because getting that phone call was something she was so used to and now she's moving on to another chapter of her life.

On 6/10/2020 at 2:31 PM, Holly85 said:

I still wondering what’s going to happen if they pick a team and they don’t have an nfl season ? 

That actually happened to the Dallas Sidekicks Dancers about 3 years ago. They picked a dance team but the soccer team decided to take the season off so the girls were left without a team to dance/cheer for. Four of girls went to the Texas Revs Dancers.

• Love 1
On 6/10/2020 at 3:31 PM, Holly85 said:

I still wondering what’s going to happen if they pick a team and they don’t have an nfl season ? 

I was just assuming that they’ll still do appearances and events (as best they can with social distancing) and, of course, continue to capitalize on the DCC image (DCC The Flamethrower!) until things start to normalize. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I was just assuming that they’ll still do appearances and events (as best they can with social distancing) and, of course, continue to capitalize on the DCC image (DCC The Flamethrower!) until things start to normalize. 

And continue to brainstorm ways to shove VK further down our throats. 

• Love 5

According to Cassie, the vets don't automatically make it to finals - they also have to submit a video.  Which is not what Kelli has been saying all this time, so if true, this could be interesting.  Or Cassie could be full of it😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

They probably want to make sure they haven’t gained weight — unless their last name is Kalina, then it’s totally fine. 

Your probably right 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

They probably want to make sure they haven’t gained weight — unless their last name is Kalina, then it’s totally fine. 

And it’s easier for Tina to hold the cue cards off screen:)

• LOL 5

It looks like training camp candidates will be announced soon. I mean I don’t think we will get a proper announcement but I’m hoping some of the girls will post something on IG.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I actually think Tina aka Mean Barbara Jean would be a blast if she just wasn’t so hypocritical about point out others flaws like gums, weight, hair, then ignoring them on her own spawn. I also think Lexie is in the triangle bc Tina befriended her mom. Now how she sees Lexie as a role model and not a threat when she basically has the same look as VK I do not knwo. Aka raggedy hair and stripper makeup. 

11 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

According to Cassie, the vets don't automatically make it to finals - they also have to submit a video.  Which is not what Kelli has been saying all this time, so if true, this could be interesting.  Or Cassie could be full of it😁

I am a dumbass who Defended cassie against the haters until I went back and Pluto showed that season where cassie, Ashton, Sarah, Mia, etc came to critique and damn they all bitches. Ashton And Mia we’re rude snots, Sarah was herself lol, Mia rude, and cassie is a straight up ugly bitch. Like ugly in the outside and inside. Why do you get the right to not be smiley and lay down the law when you were a blender at best other than being Judy’s damn daughter. She had the body, decent dancer, could sing and tumble which they still did then, but why did she get a pass on toxic attitude? Ugh.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, imacrumb said:

It looks like training camp candidates will be announced soon. I mean I don’t think we will get a proper announcement but I’m hoping some of the girls will post something on IG.

Did you see Miranda's  hand above Gina's head?  

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
(edited)

50 girls and cutting to 36-38.  That’s 8 more girls than they normally take. And they won’t meet these new 20 Rookies until they get to Training Camp!  

This is going to make this seasons DCC:MTT so much more interesting (less formulaic) and the Reality TV Drama lover in me hopes there are a couple of Vet cuts. If there are 20 strong Rookies and only 6-8 open spots, those Vets on the bubble better watch their backs!!  (I’m looking at you, Meredith!)

Edited by Stee
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21