Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E12: The Last Supper

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, catspjs said:

Well we kind of have had the flying object killing main character, I have to thing what tragedy is left that they can use in this show, it feels like all have been used hehehe

Cue Barenaked Ladies: "It's All Been Done Before"

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I thought this episode was hilarious!  But then, I love the painfully awkward dinners episodes where everyone is horribly uncomfortable and wishing they would be suddenly stricken with vomiting and diarrhea instead of sitting there one second longer....but hey, I watch Real Housewives shows (only 1 of them now, in my defense).

At the very least, poor dude from Station 19 who had that crush on Maggie?  Surely he's over it, now!  Loved when Catherine and Richard finally had it with pretending and spit it out that they are separating.  Loved when they finally had the big argument they really needed to have.  I never liked Maggie and Jackson as a couple, so I laughed and laughed at the constant little digs at each other. 

As for Glasses, well, I don't really care that much, but at least it was a positive story (despite the uncle's death) and he's moving out of mom's basement!  Finally!  Lol.

Last, but not least, Vic and Maggie had great hair during dinner! 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, izabella said:

I was kind of amazed at how big Vic's hair is. I've only seen her 'at work' with it pulled back. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I was kind of amazed at how big Vic's hair is. I've only seen her 'at work' with it pulled back. 

15 minutes ago, izabella said:

LOL, I thought their hair looked great also.  I agree about Vic's.  I've only seen her a few times before and she looks so much different with her hair severely pulled back.  This is the first time I've even noticed how super-cute she is.  

• Love 8

Oh, and Catherine – Cathy if you will – hon, I know "I'm sorry" is never not followed by a "but" in your faultless mind, but you should've unequivocally apologized to all of your dinner guests for shoving the most inedible, disgusting rack of lamb I've ever seen at their faces.  It looked like you roasted it for seventeen goddamn hours, and I didn't see any chainsaws with which your poor guests might try to slice into it.  So, fuck you for that, too.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

Oh, and Catherine – Cathy if you will – hon, I know "I'm sorry" is never not followed by a "but" in your faultless mind, but you should've unequivocally apologized to all of your dinner guests for shoving the most inedible, disgusting rack of lamb I've ever seen at their faces.  It looked like you roasted it for seventeen goddamn hours, and I didn't see any chainsaws with which your poor guests might try to slice into it.  So, fuck you for that, too.

I thought I heard they were eating shrimp scampi. (??????)

• Love 1

Are they trying to make me hate Vic? Between the endless repetition of "my hot doctor boyfriend" on the Station 19 episode and inviting another guy to Jackson's parents' house because she's apparently jealous of Maggie, they're rally trashing her character.

Catherine is showing a lot of narcissistic traits. She needs to be the best, she needs her family to be the best to reflect her (hence her anger at Richard for working at Pac North which is an inferior hospital) and if anyone goes against her, they get punished. Needs to control every situation (e.g. the proposal; Koracik in charge over Bailey). Very little empathy for others too.

• Love 7

I'm kind of relieved to know that I'm not the only person who thought this was the. most. boring. episode. of Grey's ever. I fell asleep first time through and second time through I understood why. 

I do watch Station 19 but don't love it (though at least we were spared Andy in this mishmash). I am hoping that if (when) it gets canceled they may at least bring Ben back to Grey's ... the only other S19 character I really DO like is Dean (love Oak!!!). Would love to see him join the GA cast. The rest, meh. 

• Love 6

This is what I get for waiting an extra day to watch - I missed out on all the great snark here! Bravo to you all.

Worst. Episode. Ever

I think I like Glasses as much as anybody in the world... in that his existence doesn't actively piss me off but on what planet did somebody think making him 1/3 of an episode about his personal life outside of the hospital a good idea? 

I have to constantly be reminded what the hell his real name is. Even after the cross-over episode last week when everyone was trying to remember all the interns' names and I tried to commit them to memory - one week later, I'm blank again. He's "Glasses" and his boyfriend is "Hot Asian guy." That's it. I think that speaks to how little I care about them, that I cannot seem to remember their names.

Since they keep throwing Maggie and Jackson into the same scenes I can only assume they are supposed to be end-game, but the way they snipe at each other makes them both look like third graders.

And I've completely lost track of why exactly Catherine is so mad at Richard, or vice versa. First it was that he helped cover up Meredith's insurance fraud, or at least kept quiet about it, and got fired for it, right? But then because some other woman was flirting with him so Catherine assumed he was having an affair? Or is it because he's working at Pac North? Why would she be mad about that if he can't work at GS? What exactly is up her ass anyway?

Oh, I forgot. I don't care.

They must have blown their budget last week on the big event and had to do this one on the  cheap, hence the absence of most of the regular cast. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

And I've completely lost track of why exactly Catherine is so mad at Richard, or vice versa. First it was that he helped cover up Meredith's insurance fraud, or at least kept quiet about it, and got fired for it, right? But then because some other woman was flirting with him so Catherine assumed he was having an affair? Or is it because he's working at Pac North? Why would she be mad about that if he can't work at GS? What exactly is up her ass anyway?

Oh, I forgot. I don't care.

Gosh, me too!  A friend and I were talking after the show started up again and neither of us could remember how Richard and Catherine had gone off the rails.  It's like that winter break was too long or something.  

• Love 7

One of the reasons that I found this episode so disappointing is that several of the shows I usually watch this week were pre-empted and I was looking forward to being entertained for an hour again.

And then I got Supper With The Bickersons and a highlight of two residents who I don't care enough about to even remember their names.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Everyone was awful this episode except Uncle Saul's boyfriend and Dean. Stop trying to make Glasses happen. His story was fine but I need another actor for me to connect. 

Catherine seemed human in the kitchen scene with Jackson and Vic and then she's just an asshole. 

Maggie was likeable in her porch scene with Weber. So I hated this episode.

• Love 4

Don’t care about glasses that much though I did like the reveal about the uncle. 

I enjoy station 19 so was happy to see the two characters at dinner. I was also happy to see Alex referenced off camera. Hope that continues. Man Catherine can really come across as a big B. That finally scene with her possibly shutting down the other hospital. Is she that hateful that she doesn’t think Richard should work at all? A man with a successful career?

• Love 4

Last episode, I posted that I liked Catherine's character and I hoped she and Richard could work things out. So I was pretty ticked off at her in this episode. I thought it was horrible that she said she was embarrassed for Richard working at Pac North, which she clearly thinks is a dump. Well, Catherine, even if Pac North IS a dump, it's never, ever wrong to try to help people, which is what Richard is doing by working there.  In no way is that embarrassing. So for her to denigrate Richard for working there was truly low - it's one thing if she thinks he's been cheating on her with Jasmine Guy, but to slam him for where he works is truly crappy. And as someone else pointed out - closing Pac North would seriously impact those for whom it's their local hospital. I guess Catherine doesn't care about those people and is happy to cut off her nose to spite her face. That's horrible behavior and makes it quite hard to continue my support of her character. I do wonder what she would have said if Richard hadn't cut her off when she was trying to apologize. I wanted to hear what her "but" was (I'm sure she was probably trying to rationalize her non-support of Richard, yet I still wanted to hear the rest of the sentence).

• Love 11

i finished the episode and wondered if I were to rewatch all of Grey's and compile my top 5 worst episodes, would there be any to come close to this one? so awful. So very, very awful. 

I echo others:

1. I don't care about Glasses. Unless you are showing him leaving the show in some manner (moving out of state; dying in one of the many disasters), I don't want to see him. It doesn't help that Nico is so flat and they have no chemistry.

2. on no planet would Vic bring along Dean to this dinner. She knew this was not some meetup at a bar. . . It makes no sense. At least come up with something believable---maybe some car trouble where he has to drive someone to the dinner and they insist he stay? that would be more believable, even in this day of Uber, than what we saw.

3. I actually like Catherine despite her faults (perhaps to a strong Debbie Allen bias) but they made her truly awful tonight. Beyond what makes any sense for the character. 

• Love 5

If they wanted me to like Glasses, they should have cast someone other than Hot Asian Guy to be his love interest. Because Glasses can act. I feel bad that he's stuck with someone who has no affect. I don't care about them! I figured Uncle Saul was gay and that's why Glasses was the only relative Saul was nice to. I was surprised at the sudden death, so you got me there, Grey's Anatomy!

I also wanted to know what Catherine's "but" was after the "I'm sorry."

The best part of the episode was that Owen isn't involved with any of these people (yet). No Owen. No-Wen. Nowen!

• Love 2
On 2/7/2020 at 2:38 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

What kind of bizarre catastrophe will the writers come up with for that situation? A helicopter falls out of the sky and lands on Alex?

Don't be absurd!  That would never...oh, wait.  Nerr'mind.  [RIP Romano]

On 2/7/2020 at 2:50 PM, preeya said:

All that needs to happen is that they are in close proximity with each other and then perhaps a terrorist attack, a maniacal shooter, an act of God,  a vehicular accident, the scenarios are almost endless.

Done it (cyberly, at least), done it, done it, done it...any other ideas?

2 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

3. I actually like Catherine despite her faults (perhaps to a strong Debbie Allen bias) but they made her truly awful tonight. Beyond what makes any sense for the character. 

God, same.  I really do love Debbie Allen, and I tried to root for Catherine, but all I could do was gasp out, "Biiiiitch!" when she made that power play move.  I'm all for a strong, powerful woman, but that was just spiteful and nasty.  Not a good look, much like that caftan they put her in.  I mean, Debbie Allen can rock her a caftan, but that print wasn't doing it.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Lovecat said:

God, same.  I really do love Debbie Allen, and I tried to root for Catherine, but all I could do was gasp out, "Biiiiitch!" when she made that power play move.  I'm all for a strong, powerful woman, but that was just spiteful and nasty.  Not a good look, much like that caftan they put her in.  I mean, Debbie Allen can rock her a caftan, but that print wasn't doing it.

it took the show to stupid territory because it's just not believable for Richard or Catherine to be that at each others' throats. It's just too much. 

• Love 5

I'm not even convinced that Richard even "liked" Catherine that much.  I think he thought she was an interesting, somewhat sexy older woman and if they had stayed together they probably would have wound up having hate sex, that's all.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I can't stand by either Catherine or Richard. Richard still wanting an apology from Catherine for not standing by him when Bailey did her job and fired him. When is he going to get it. He covered up Meredith's insurance fraud, which is a crime. What the hell did you expect to have happen. You shouldn't be putting the burden on your wife to stand by you when you were rightfully fired.

As for Catherine, is she that freaking bitter? She can't stand that Richard has picked himself up and has turned around PacNorth and is getting good doctors, so she's willing to try to buy it out of spite, and threaten to even shut it down. That is stupid. You're threatening to buy and shut down a hospital all because you're jealous at how your soon-to-be-ex-husband has turned it around. Just ugh.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

As for Catherine, is she that freaking bitter? She can't stand that Richard has picked himself up and has turned around PacNorth and is getting good doctors, so she's willing to try to buy it out of spite, and threaten to even shut it down. That is stupid. You're threatening to buy and shut down a hospital all because you're jealous at how your soon-to-be-ex-husband has turned it around. Just ugh.

Exactly, That hospital had the dumbest doctors and working staff imaginable and he and Alex turned it around, got rid of the morons and hired better doctors. Even got funding. That is something to cheer.

• Love 9

Yeah... this is one of the kind of eps I just skip.  

A dinner party with characters I care nothing about? check

Scenes with interns/other characters I don't even know the names of? say what? 

Was that Grey's Anatomy?

Edited by taanja
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Finally watched this episode and it's my comic relief for the week.  I don't mind Glasses, but Nico phones it in every,single.week.  Maggie was pretty much a grown-up, which was refreshing.  Jackson looked as if he'd wandered into somebody else's life.  As for Richard and Catherine, I don't know.  I WANT them to make it, but may be because I like both Debbie Allen and James Pickens.  Not seeing Owen and Meredith were added bonus points.  

• Love 1

So Glasses' uncle being a dick to the entire family except Glasses gets a pass because he was secretly gay?  His wife saying I'm out of here before the body was even cold spoke volumes of the so called loving relationship.  Glasses treatment of his mother was atrocious.  Hopefully she changed the locks.

I don't know if swearing is allowed, so I'll just say katherine is a humungous sow. I was hoping Richard would smack the crap out of her. I would have, then stood up in court and told the world what a sow she is.

• Love 1