Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E12: The Last Supper

• Start Topic

Jackson creates an uncomfortable situation when he invites new girlfriend, Vic, to what he thinks is Richard and Catherine's anniversary celebration, only to discover the dinner was called for different reasons. Elsewhere, Levi brings Nico on a trip to visit an ailing family member.

Promo:

Original air date: 2/6/20

14 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Do you mean the uncle's boyfriend? Grey's Fandom Wiki says Peter Strauss as Daniel Schwartz.

I thought so.   I remember him from Rich Man Poor Man.    

I really, really hate Catherine.  

• Love 10

Yeah man I live Catherine... She'd be a headache in real life.. But its not unwarranted and she does care... Its true she's the HLIC ( ima guy don't seem right me using the B)  tryna buy Pac-North is the type of petty power move I've come to love 

• Love 1

This episode the show took a deep dive into two couples, three is you count Jackson's affairs, that I have zero interest in. Great idea, producers.

It was nice to see Peter Strauss again though.

I guess the theme was that you can't live a lie, and both Levi and Richard walked out to live their true lives. But really, can Catherine be any more of a bitch?  She's going to buy a hospital just to prove to Richard that she can pull his strings any time she wants.

• Love 16

Ugh the show is casting Catherine as the petty bad guy threatening to buy the Pac North hospital just to shut it down out of spite. Catherine and Richard are being so petty (mostly Richard).

This show was a waste of filler to a storyline I stopped caring about.

• Love 3

I was more interested in finding out who Amelia's baby father was.

Too much Maggie.  Move on.  I have no interest in seeing her bicker with Jackson. 

I have no interest in any of these interns, no less half an episode featuring one.

So tired of the effort to save Station 19 and the crossover characters.

Loved Richard when he said to Catherine about 'buts'. 

Weird that Richard said the texts were from Alex to hire Maggie knowing what we know now.

• Love 11

Am I supposed to think Jackson and Maggie still have feelings for each other, and that's why they kept fighting? A fine line between love and hate kind of thing? Otherwise I don't really get the point in watching them fight all the time. It is not enjoyable or interesting.

Why should Catherine be upset about Maggie taking a job at Pac North? If Grey-Sloane couldn't commit to re-hiring her, what is she supposed to do? Other than time travel back a couple weeks and not quit her job in a temper tantrum. 

It would be really funny if they just gradually have the entire cast move to start working at Grey-Sloane.

• Love 10

What a boring ass episode.

Nothing really happened. Catherine/Richard are getting a divorce. Catherine's buying Pac North to spite Richard. Maggie's going to work at Pac North for reasons. And...that's about all that happened on the Hostile Family Dinner with Vic/Dean crashing it.

Speaking of those two...they are really ruining Vic's character, here. Inviting Dean to a dinner when you're meeting the parents for the first time? Awful, stupid idea. Poor Dean.

The Schmitt stuff wasn't bad...just incredibly boring. Maybe if I liked Schmitt more, I might have cared more? It was sweet, but incredibly pointless.

• Love 11

I think I like glasses as much as anybody in the world... in that his existance doesn't actively piss me off but on what planet did somebody think making him 1/3 of an episode about his personal life outside of the hospital a good idea?   

Do not understand.

I will never care about Station whatever.  It really, truly, doesn't matter how many characters you try to shoehorn in.   I don't even care about Ben any more now that he's no Station Whatever.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

what show was this?   I tuned into Grey's Anatomy, but this crap wasn't Grey's Anatomy, was it?  

It was Rhimes homage` to Catherine The Great (that's great pain in the ass). Oh how I hate that woman.

• Love 6

Thanks for letting me know the episode did not get any better and I bailed after 20  loonnnggg minutes! Glasses too annoying when too much screen time. I totally get Maggie’s feelings for Jackson and she is not wrong but I just want her to get over it already! And Vic bringing someone with out asking— so rude! Although Dean was only one I could stand — and I usually like Catherine ok but not recently..

• Love 2

I'm Jewish and I've never heard any Jew recite psalms or prayers in a language that isn't Hebrew. And it's highly unusual that the chevra kadisha just didn't show up and left the family of the deceased to prepare the body for burial. This is a duty that's taken *very* seriously in Judaism. The wife also wouldn't peace out right after the death; if she cared enough about appearances to stay married to a gay man for decades, she would have kept them up for another eight days until after the funeral and shiva.

I can't even say I hate Katherine as much as I hate the writing for her, which is all over the place. One moment she's vulnerable and wants to reconcile with Richard, the next she's being a spiteful bitch who wants to ruin everything he holds dear.

And all we get on Alex are disembodied texts making cushy job offers to his friends.

• Useful 6
  • Love 11

So, generally:

tenor.gif?itemid=5483406

tenor.gif?itemid=13013491

The ghastly Contacts storyline:

tenor.gif?itemid=9146277

tenor.gif?itemid=12870782

Oh god, and the acting in that storyline:

tenor.gif?itemid=12057372

Specifically, Catherine:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Even though you kind of have to grade her on a massive curve, Maggie is at her most winning when she's shitting all over Jackson, though, so...

giphy.gif

Ultimately, though:

tenor.gif?itemid=5083914

• LOL 18
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Jillybean said:

Remind me...which plots do we care about? 

Lol... Maybe this can send some if these characters into new directions... I don't dislike Vic and Jackson... But I also didn't dislike Maggie and Jackson... But he does seem to not want to be alone.. And while breaking him and Vic up would kinda suck... It was a relationship that I didn't see lasting long... Two hurting ppl finding solace and real connection.. Just maybe not lasting... Plus she's on another show so logistically that probably couldn't be kept up... I'd be interested in seeing him just be a single dad for a bit... And for Maggie to get back to being a superb doctor... 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, dmc said:

I like how they left behind every single plot anybody cared about for this episode 😳🙄😝

5550953C-3DE3-4CB6-87C6-F68B0B5EA16D.gif

Yeah, even everything with Schmidt at the beginning was: "So that's it!" If not for Uncle Saul paying for school, he never would have been a doctor? I hate you Uncle Saul, Levi shouldn't have been anywhere near the medical field if he was passing out from the sight of blood since he was a kid. 

Go die somewhere Catherine and it isn't' said enough: "Maggie just leave!" "No one likes you, but the writers on the show."

• Love 11

I DVRd this but haven't watched yet. These comments do not inspire me to watch, but I probably will. I hate Catherine & Maggie, so my head might explode.

All the interns can just go away, so it pains me to see that Glasses is in this a lot. I don't even know his name, that's how little I care. I guess his name is Levi Schmitt? Who knew, and who cares. 

I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of FF through this one over the weekend. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Nothing really happened. Catherine/Richard are getting a divorce. Catherine's buying Pac North to spite Richard. Maggie's going to work at Pac North for reasons. And...that's about all that happened on the Hostile Family Dinner with Vic/Dean crashing it.

My DVR locked up at the 6:58 mark and would not play the rest of the episode.  Thanks for the recap.  Seems I missed nothing of substance.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

My DVR locked up at the 6:58 mark and would not play the rest of the episode. 

You’re so lucky.

10 hours ago, preeya said:

Catherine is the biggest c**t EVER.

I know. That’s why I love her! Her crazy, over-the top reaction to Richard’s smugness was the only interesting thing on an otherwise boring, awful show.

Edited by Blindfox
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Weird that Richard said the texts were from Alex to hire Maggie knowing what we know now.

Made me wonder if they're just going to keep Alex as an offscreen character rather than write him out (since they can't exactly do a big, dramatic exit for him).

11 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Speaking of those two...they are really ruining Vic's character, here. Inviting Dean to a dinner when you're meeting the parents for the first time? Awful, stupid idea. Poor Dean.

Yeah, who does that? And why would Jackson invite his girlfriend (and not even bring her with him but have her show up separately) without telling his host (even/especially if she's his mother)? She invited him to "dinner"; in what world does that say "party where an extra person (or two) won't make a difference?"

Aside from that, the whole, "invite our kids to dinner to tell them we're separating but pretend it's just a happy family dinner and oh yeah we totally forgot it's almost our anniversary" thing was stupid. If you're inviting them over to tell them something important, then just tell them you have something important to tell them and you want to tell them together.

10 hours ago, bybrandy said:

I think I like glasses as much as anybody in the world... in that his existance doesn't actively piss me off but on what planet did somebody think making him 1/3 of an episode about his personal life outside of the hospital a good idea?   

Yet somehow it was still better than stories about his life inside the hospital...

Edited by ams1001
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, chocolatine said:

The wife also wouldn't peace out right after the death; if she cared enough about appearances to stay married to a gay man for decades, she would have kept them up for another eight days until after the funeral and shiva.

And even if it was basically a marriage of convenience...did she really care so little about him that she wasn't even sad he died?

• Love 11

I have to admit that I find the writing for Catherine confusing. She's always been tough and prickly but they seem to want to turn her straight up evil. Buying PacNorth just to shut it down? Leaving a whole community without a hospital just to spite Richard? That doesn't feel consistent with who her character has always been.

I'm assuming that eventually the show is going to kill Alex off screen. I don't see what other option they have. He and Jo are newlyweds. Sooner or later his absence will need to be addressed.

This whole episode was just weird and stupid.

• Love 14
46 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Made me wonder if they're just going to keep Alex as an offscreen character rather than write him out (since they can't exactly do a big, dramatic exit for him).

I thought that might happen too but now with Catherine buying the hospital, and probably closing it down just out of spite I don’t know how they will spin that. And they have a new head in his department already. Maybe they will keep him in Iowa or kill him of screen? 

Also when will these women in Richard’s life learn their place when is comes to him and Ellis and anything to do with her kids. Hahahaha. They will always come second. I think Adel has accepted it but it seems Catherin and Bailey are still having a hard time. I do like Richard mostly, he is nosy, a gossip and a meddler but I think it comes from a good place, and I thought Catherin was a bitch to him most of the time. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, redfish said:

Ugh the show is casting Catherine as the petty bad guy threatening to buy the Pac North hospital just to shut it down out of spite. Catherine and Richard are being so petty (mostly Richard).

This show was a waste of filler to a storyline I stopped caring about.

My theory:  Catherine buys Pac North and doesn't shut it down.  But she wants to be the one credited with turning it around, so she fires the ex.  Grey Sloan folks.   

Alex, off screen, says "screw you" and decides to get a job in the town where his mother lives.  Whether Jo joins him or not, that's another storyline.

Owen will be offered a job back at GS and will have to take it since he's now a father of 2... maybe 3.  As for Richard, he'll have to grovel...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, marceline said:

I'm assuming that eventually the show is going to kill Alex off screen. I don't see what other option they have. He and Jo are newlyweds. Sooner or later his absence will need to be addressed.

And they should also kill Catherine along with Alex.

Since Alex is still with PacNorth, perhaps an off screen meeting between him and Catherine could accomplish a duo of character killings.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, preeya said:

Since Alex is still with PacNorth, perhaps an off screen meeting between him and Catherine could accomplish a duo of character killings.

What kind of bizarre catastrophe will the writers come up with for that situation? A helicopter falls out of the sky and lands on Alex?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

That dinner was stupid and painful to watch.  A table of middle schoolers would have acted better. 

I watch Station 19 and liked Vic until that dinner.  I don't know what she was thinking by inviting someone else and surprising Jackson and the hostess (even though I can't stand the bitch).  Now Vic is on my "do not care" list.  

And show, stop trying to make NotGlasses happen!

• Love 6

I already knew going into the episode that I was going to FF through all of the dinner scenes because I refuse to watch any scenes involving Jackson and Maggie. Krista fired Sarah Drew and got rid of April so she could push a chemistry-less couple that most people don't give two flying fucks about.  But when I realized that the only other thing we'd be seeing was Schmidt and Nico (it is Nico, right?) and his non-hospital-story? Ugh... yeah, I just FFed through the whole thing until the last 2 minutes and watched the tail-end of each final scene to get the drift of what the pay-off was.

Oh, and then watched the preview of the next episode... which again fucking featured more Station 19 than Grey's. ARRRGGHH!

I. DO. NOT WATCH. NOR. DO. I. WANT. TO. WATCH. FUCKING. STATION. 19!

Stop it!

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

What kind of bizarre catastrophe will the writers come up with for that situation? A helicopter falls out of the sky and lands on Alex?

All that needs to happen is that they are in close proximity with each other and then perhaps a terrorist attack, a maniacal shooter, an act of God,  a vehicular accident, the scenarios are almost endless.

• Love 2

Awful....   just awful......   Lame...  boring...... 

So, I take it that maybe Richard will get the house in the divorce, and then sell his mansion to put down a down payment on Pac North?  And Richard and Maggie will move in with each other?  And then Maggie will pull off some miracle operation and put Pac North in all the headlines and they'll be tons of investors and Richard can run the hospital?  

I just don't see how they continue a story line where all of our favorite docs are divided up between 2 hospitals.  Unless, like they are doing now - Richard and Owen constantly visit Grey-Sloan, or Meredith and Amelia are constantly visiting their sister at Pac North

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Paging Dr. Romano... (oh, wait, helicopter already got him...twice!)

6 minutes ago, driver18 said:

I. DO. NOT WATCH. NOR. DO. I. WANT. TO. WATCH. FUCKING. STATION. 19!

Ditto.

I listen to the StarTalk Radio podcast and they keep sticking their sports spinoff show into the feed, tagged with ICYMI. I didn't miss it! I don't want to hear it! If I wanted to listen to it I would have subscribed to it! And judging from the itunes reviews, I'm not the only one. (And clearly they didn't get the audience they wanted for it if they have to do that, so give it up already.) I feel the same about S19.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Well we kind of have had the flying object killing main character, I have to thing what tragedy is left that they can use in this show, it feels like all have been used hehehe

• Love 1