Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/27/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

Monday, Jan. 27 – “The View” honors International Holocaust Remembrance Day with the story of survivors Mikhl and Millie Baran; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Jan. 28 – Joseph “Rev Run” Simmons and Justine Simmons (“Old School Love”); Angella Henry, Michelle Kenney and Alissa Findley, whose sons and brother were fatally shot by the police, unify to raise awareness and create change 

Wednesday, Jan. 29 – President Trump impeachment defense lawyer Alan Dershowitz; Ilana Glazer (“Ilana Glazer: The Planet Is Burning”) 

Thursday, Jan. 30 – Jameela Jamil (“The Good Place”); Tommy Davidson (author, “Living in Color”)

Friday, Jan. 31 – Performance from Wayne Brady (“The Masked Singer”); Super Bowl snacks from chef Michael Symon (author, “Fix It With Food: More Than 125 Recipes to Address Autoimmune Issues and Inflammation: A Cookbook”)

• Love 3

I really don't get why Whoopie is laughing while setting up the Pompeo story.

The reporter, Mary Louise Kelly, released copies of the texts she exchanged with Pompeo's staff about the topics that would be discussed in the interview, and both Iran and Ukraine were mentioned.  Meghan, because she just has to stick with her desired narrative, has the nerve to call that "he said, she said"?!    

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Gah!  Meg, Pompeo is a public figure. He is accountable to American citizens. Comparing his refusal to answer a journalist’s questions with the Adam Driver thing is another false equivalency. 

Further and continuing evidence/proof that Her Twatness is a nimrodic, maroonic ignoranamus.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Gah!  Meg, Pompeo is a public figure. He is accountable to American citizens. Comparing his refusal to answer a journalist’s questions with the Adam Driver thing is another false equivalency. 

She also said that Pompeo told the reporter that he would not answer any questions about Ukraine. That is a lie because he was told in advance by the NPR reporter that he was going to be questioned about it and she had the receipts to support her claims.  She had to take a dig at NPR implying they were shady, she is so nasty for no reason.  I am just over her. 

• Love 24

I had to laugh out loud when she talked about a journalist's responsibility to provide unbiased  reporting and interviewing of guests. She sees herself as a journalist, so she has said, yet she oft  times greets guests on the view with venom before they even sit down! Lol I love how Sunny just seems to disregard her when she interjects.

• Love 16

Meghan's comment about things being "off-the-record" made no sense at all. First off, asking for an off-the-record conversation doesn't mean you can blow up on reporters. And secondly, someone like Pompeo who is constantly interacting with reporters knows that you discuss if you want a conversation off-the-record, you discuss the disclosure details beforehand. 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, jungki said:

Meghan's comment about things being "off-the-record" made no sense at all. First off, asking for an off-the-record conversation doesn't mean you can blow up on reporters. And secondly, someone like Pompeo who is constantly interacting with reporters knows that you discuss if you want a conversation off-the-record, you discuss the disclosure details beforehand. 

She will defend her team's actions no matter how indefensible..  

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Axie said:

Shame on you ABC, that was a horrific display.  A 90 year old survivor must be able to share her voice, without your commercials and View Your Deal segment that we all fast forward on the DVR anyway.  

It was absolutely disgraceful and ABC should be ashamed that in their mad haste to get those bloody ads on, they behaved in such a crass manner. I guess corporate greed controls everything these days but then again - what do you expect from a network that would keep the likes of Mags on, despite numerous letters, emails and negative social media posts, crying for her removal? 

And comparing what happened to Adam Driver with Pompeo, who acted in such a rude, bullying manner, is once again, another glaring example of Mags' cluelessness. And Joy was right - the White House is chock full of bullies so I think Mags ought to jump in there now before November as she will fit right in.

• Love 15

ABC with their endless commercials on other shows also is so greedy and crass. View Your deal is nothing but a commercial. Disney has no shame. Today's show was disgusting.

• Love 10

MeAgain's comments in the first two segments were so ridiculously stupid that the panel pretty much ignored her.

Here's the bit about Pompeo and NPR.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/meghan-mccain-blames-reporters-for-breakdown-of-trust-with-trump-after-npr-pompeo-fracas/

And she bizarrely talked about the title of Bolton's book.  That's some great political analysis, MeAgain. 🙄

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/the-views-meghan-mccain-writes-off-john-bolton-impeachment-bombshells-the-title-of-his-book-is-stupid/

stupid david tennant GIF

• Love 7

I understand the show has to pay their bills and therefore have to have commercials, but to rudely cut the Holocaust survivor off the way they did --- there was no need for it.  They can postpone the View Your Deal for one day like they did last week.  This is a day of remembrance and in this case selling things should be postponed to a lighter (for lack of a better word) guest day.  It took me out of my sadness and admiration when Whoopi cut the lady off.  Since the show was on the DVR, I deleted it before getting to the View Your Deal.  I couldn't deal with it after them talking to Holocaust survivors.

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

Yes

Mostly it was Whoopi talking about her family's friendship with Kobi & how her Grandson is a Huge Kobe fan & the 1st time he met Kobi, he could not even speak to him(he was so over-come).  Sunny made a few comments.  I was surprised that Meghan did not say much, I thought for sure she would be overcome with Grief(since she is an Expert on Grief), I thought she would be crying & reminding us that HER Father died. 

• Love 16

Concerning the rude cutoff of the Holocaust survivors, I will say in Whoopie’s defense, her expression makes me think that she really didn’t want to be ending the interview.  I’m pretty sure she knew she was being rude, but, had no choice.  Gotta sell the crap!

• Love 14

I get that they need to have The View Your Deal stuff, but they already play so many commercials so it also feels like they can let it go for a day or two. They overbooked their guests this week so they don't have time to put it anywhere, but they do have a YouTube page and could have just said "If you want to check out the View your Deals head over to our YouTube page to see everything."

Or use Facebook or Twitter. But they could have done that instead of just rushing everything.

• Love 6

There goes Meghan with the golden handcuff claim!  She is literally the only person I have ever heard say that, yet she claims that the left is always talking about it

Edited by 2JEWELL
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I guess McCain fears everyone's going to dismiss her polls with a poll of their own now, so she's putting that "they work with ABC" designation on it and citing people from MSNBC as if that's suddenly going to make anyone give a damn what she says. LOL That's right, everyone at the table and at home is onto your never-ending lying-in-defense-of-Trump game, McCain. You're not going to convince anyone outside "your own lane" at this point, a lane which she's made very, very narrow.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

NPR is known for being unbiased.  But of course Meghan thinks if you don't agree with her narrative you are being shady.

I'm glad Whoopi confronted her on that head-on, by saying they're no different than PBS--a good record of unbiased reporting.

• Love 14

Do you think that Meghan is missing Abby right now? I feel like when Abby was on the show, we got a more balanced discussion on things....well, Abby would say stuff and everyone would counter or question her on it. What matters is that they allowed Abby enough time to talk about how she was feeling. Now that she's gone, it feels like the hosts are willing to give Meghan a bit of time but they won't allow her to steamroll over everything. So more times than not, it's a discussion between Whoopi, Joy and Sunny and Meghan either says something quickly or doesn't speak at all.

It's just a weird dynamic tbh.

But hopefully the people upstairs don't use this as a means to bring in another Republican/Conservative voice to the table and instead, they get a progressive.

• Love 8

Wtf was Meghan talking about?  I hope Ari Melber hears about this and tweets something in response.  I have no idea what she was trying to say - what argument were the Democrats making that he said was supposedly ineffective against Trump.  I even rewound to re-listen to what Joy was saying right before that, and she was talking about Bolton.  Meghan was sloppier than usual here, more than just not having Ari's exact quote. 

Just goes to show she's another beneficiary of nepotism who gets paid 5 figures a month for a job they're not qualified for.

(Coincidentally, Ari mentioned Joy a few days ago.  Someone was talking, and he replied with something like 'Now we're getting into "So what; who cares" Joy Behar territory".)

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 11

LOL, Meghan's "We are all overlook Bernie." Is her re-writing history. She's been bashing Bernie the entire time and laughing when the other hosts would go against him. Now she's asking everyone to talk more about his surge in the polls?

Huh?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

So more times than not, it's a discussion between Whoopi, Joy and Sunny and Meghan either says something quickly or doesn't speak at all.

This will feed into her victim mentality. It's them ganging up against her.  Which that is how Meghan thinks. If you don't agree with her you are the enemy.

6 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Meghan was sloppier than usual here, more than just not having Ari's exact quote

I think she knows her team has no defense but she cannot/will not acknowledge that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I was surprised Sunny asked Joseph Simmons about the allegations against his brother.  That was cringe-worthy.  I  mean, what's he going to say?  That's the kind of insensitive question I would have expected more from Meghan.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I was surprised Sunny asked Joseph Simmons about the allegations against his brother.  That was cringe-worthy.  I  mean, what's he going to say?  That's the kind of insensitive question I would have expected more from Meghan.

They asked on the Today Show too. I think it’s the elephant in the room that can’t be ignored. He didn’t comment then either. 

• Love 1

It would be one thing if the allegations were about him.  It just reminded me of when Alison Brie was asked about the allegations against her brother-in-law James Franco.  Why ask questions of someone who shares none of the blame and can add nothing to the conversation.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Wtf was Meghan talking about?  I hope Ari Melber hears about this and tweets something in response.  I have no idea what she was trying to say - what argument were the Democrats making that he said was supposedly ineffective against Trump.  I even rewound to re-listen to what Joy was saying right before that, and she was talking about Bolton.  Meghan was sloppier than usual here, more than just not having Ari's exact quote. 

Just goes to show she's another beneficiary of nepotism who gets paid 5 figures a month for a job they're not qualified for.

(Coincidentally, Ari mentioned Joy a few days ago.  Someone was talking, and he replied with something like 'Now we're getting into "So what; who cares" Joy Behar territory".)

I don't believe anything Megan had to say about Ari Melber. Ari is a brilliant legal mind. If you watch his show you all would know what I mean, there is no way he would have said what Messy alleged today.  She was doing her usual obfuscation because she could not attack the content of the discussion.  She looks miserable and unhappy and the ladies don't give a damn.  

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I don't believe anything Megan had to say about Ari Melber. Ari is a brilliant legal mind. If you watch his show you all would know what I mean, there is no way he would have said what Messy alleged today.  She was doing her usual obfuscation because she could not attack the content of the discussion.  She looks miserable and unhappy and the ladies don't give a damn.  

Well, we’re all miserable and unhappy watching her, so there’s that...

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Sunny was wrong and it totally changed the vibe at the table. There is a time and place for everything. He should not have to answer for the accusations against his brother.  Sunny should know better. I am sure he has spoken to his brother about the allegations but it was a private conversation not meant to be shared with the public. The producers probably prompted her to do that..

• Love 5

I'm a regular MSNBC viewer, so I agree with what you're saying about Ari.  That's what puzzled me about what Meghan was saying.  If she was going to drag somebody else's name into it to help her make her argument she should have had all her facts in hand ( I got the feeling that she wanted to say "I didn't know I was going to bring up Ari's name today, so I don't have it written down on my blue cards", but even she realized how ridiculous that would sound). 

She basically said that Ari said the Democrats' argument was ineffective, but she couldn't say what the argument was, or what it was ineffective against.

• Love 6

Mags: "I read this article in "The Atlantic".......um..are you sure that wasn't "Guns and Ammo?" Yes, dear. We get it. You read so therefore, you are an intellectual. Besides a hot shot political commentator and celebrated pundit. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Sunny was wrong and it totally changed the vibe at the table. There is a time and place for everything. He should not have to answer for the accusations against his brother.  Sunny should know better. I am sure he has spoken to his brother about the allegations but it was a private conversation not meant to be shared with the public. The producers probably prompted her to do that..

I have no problem with asking a question, but if the guest doesn’t want to talk about it the interviewer should move on. Unless it’s Mike Pompeo. 😄

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

So I looked it up and what Ari said was he didn’t think the obstruction charge was strongly argued but has always said and continued to say there is overwhelming evidence of abuse of power...MM conveniently left that out and just lumped it all as he said none of the Ds arguments were compelling. (Btw, I knew him as a kid)  I honestly don’t think she is a real trump hater as she claims. Also, the poll she quoted was overall 51% saying it’s a waste of congress’s time but split between parties it’s 85% Rs feel that way vs 25% Ds.  She didn’t mention that either.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

This will feed into her victim mentality. It's them ganging up against her.  Which that is how Meghan thinks. If you don't agree with her you are the enemy.

I think she knows her team has no defense but she cannot/will not acknowledge that.

And she does keep bringing up the Biden argument which is irrelevant.  The question isn’t whether there was anything there, it’s the fact that he withheld congressional approved aid unless Ukraine until they investigated so he could gain a possible advantage in the election. MM doesn’t really ever make that distinction...hence why i don’t think she’s that anti trump.  

• Love 7