Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/27/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

Sunny hit the bull’s-eye when she said the cynics of the world want people to get exhausted and “turn it off,” stop paying attention and holding people accountable. And I include McCain as one of them. It’s so obvious she was trying to use this platform to encourage as many people as possible to stop paying attention because that’s the only way her party can win here, and that’s by breaking people down to the point they can’t bear the news cycle anymore.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

Whoever said earlier this week that Meghan's always giving contradictory viewpoints was right.  Her praise today of Mayor Pete threw me for a loop.  Because of the clip she was showing, I was expecting the complete opposite since he did get a lot of criticism for it yesterday.  I guess the clips online also cut off the part that Sunny referenced about how the Senate wants us to ignore it but that it was important not to. 

I loved Joy giving Jameela Jamil her seat so she could be closer to Whoopie.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, OnTime said:

I'm "viewed out".

This show was fun to snark on. Then I got tired of it and could only watch when it was recorded to get through the endless commercials. I could still snark on Meghan but now that isn't even too much fun.

Anyone else feel this way?

Can I get an amen? I've been an off/on viewer for ages and I thought that after living through the Rosie/Bitsy Thunderdome, things would settle down. How wrong was that?!!

Mags puts them both to shame..no small feat and she should be ever so proud of herself. She has now officially moved to the top of my Worst Co-Host List. Since some Mensa member at ABC decided that she would make a good edition, I have watched gobsmacked as Queen McCain has been rude, arrogant, ignorant, shrill, childish and woefully out of her depth as far as carrying on anything that even remotely resembles an intelligent conversation. When challenged, or told to shut up, she then sits seething like a corpulent little toddler, shooting out dagger eyes. I almost expect her to whip a soother across the stage!

The only reason I'm still watching? It's an election year. Once this is over, then so am I. I'm done with her immature, spoiled little rich girl shtick. It's really wearing thin and I don't know who else to complain to. I've written to ABC and posted countless anti-Mags posts and still they keep her around. Who the hell knows why?!

• Love 22

So MeAgain was not finished with her "four Democratic Senators" talking point from yesterday and gave it another run today.  Sunny shut her down.   

And what was that whole thing about how she feels she is being judged because she doesn't want to watch Impeachment all day long.  First of all, isn't that her job.  But WTF is judging her anyways.  She was stranger than usual in segment.

And then finally, after the her co-hosts all laughed at Dershowitz' argument (as is everyone on social media), MeAgain said: he got OJ off and OJ was guilty, so he's a great lawyer and should not be laughed at.

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Can I get an amen? I've been an off/on viewer for ages and I thought that after living through the Rosie/Bitsy Thunderdome, things would settle down. How wrong was that?!!

Meghan McCain makes Rosie O'Donnell and Elisabeth Hasselbeck look like nice, British ladies having tea. Makes you wonder if there are even worse people to come. I don't doubt it, considering the way the world's going now.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13

Meghan McCain's lifespan on The View is all thanks to timing.  She's lasted this long because we are living in a particularly vile moment in time where bad people are getting rewarded for bad behaviour.  There is no way in hell that she would have survived this show for this long in any other moment or time span or iteration of this show.  She has good timing on her side.  And ABC.  She's failing upwards while the rest of her co-hosts are either being driven to quit or tolerate her hostile presence.  Tolerate, kowtow to, placate, and pacify. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
35 minutes ago, bannana said:

MeAgain said: he got OJ off and OJ was guilty, so he's a great lawyer and should not be laughed

She said OJ was a serial killer. He wasn't a serial killer.  And I would argue Dershowitz didn't get off OJ off. Johnny Cochran did.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, bannana said:

And then finally, after the her co-hosts all laughed at Dershowitz' argument (as is everyone on social media), MeAgain said: he got OJ off and OJ was guilty, so he's a great lawyer and should not be laughed at.

No, no he did not. While he joined his defense team, that asswipe didn't, in any shape or form, get OJ acquitted.

50 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She said OJ was a serial killer. He wasn't a serial killer.  And I would argue Dershowitz didn't get off OJ off. Johnny Cochran did.

BINGO!

1 hour ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Mags makes Kelly Ann Conway look like Emily Post!

No, she doesn't. They are both equally reprehensive.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Meghan McCain makes Rosie O'Donnell and Elisabeth Hasselbeck look like nice, British ladies having tea. Makes you wonder if there are even worse people to come. I don't doubt it, considering the way the world's going now.

In 3 years it'll be a cage match instead of a talk show.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Meghan McCain's lifespan on The View is all thanks to timing.  She's lasted this long because we are living in a particularly vile moment in time where bad people are getting rewarded for bad behaviour.  There is no way in hell that she would have survived this show for this long in any other moment or time span or iteration of this show.  She has good timing on her side.  And ABC.  She's failing upwards while the rest of her co-hosts are either being driven to quit or tolerate her hostile presence.  Tolerate, kowtow to, placate, and pacify. 

Wish I could  give you more than one heart.  You said it perfectly. 

• Love 14

I absolutely hate when the hosts eat on air.  They are only on air for an hour.  Granted it made Meghan shut up less than 10 minutes into the show, but, I still hate it.  I'd watch Rachel Ray if I wanted to be this bored.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

Meghan, there was no Nixon impeachment trial.  Also, the Democrats aren't "bungling it".  They did present a compelling case.  It's your party, the Republicans, who are choosing not to pay attention to it.  They're going "la. la, la. la. la. la" with their fingers in their ears because they don't care.

Because the senator from her state doesn't think the case was proved, that settles it?  Lamar Alexander said in his statement last night that the House managers did prove their case, and that's why he doesn't need to see witnesses (however, he doesn't think what Trump did is impeachable).

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
10 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Meghan, there was no Nixon impeachment trial.

And no one on the panel corrected her??????? Whoopi, Joy were adults during that time. And Sunny, as a former federal prosecutor, should know and should have shut her trap. I'm assuming no one did, because no one has said "Woo-Hoo! to [insert name of host here] for correcting [Her Twatness's] insistence that Nixon was impeached!"

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And no one on the panel corrected her??????? Whoopi, Joy were adults during that time

Well, Whoopie's excused, since she's not there.  But it's hard to keep track of everything Meghan gets wrong, especially when she's talking so fast.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Lol - she keeps her emotional health in check.  On what planet?  

I almost fell off my couch when I heard that one!! And of course it's for GRIEF.

Wonder what her therapist thinks of her behaving like an ill-tempered, spoiled, rude child, five days a week, on national television?

I love when Ana is there. Because she smart and witty and most importantly, I really think Mags is scared of her so her presence tends to keep her in line. Not completely but more so than if she weren't there.

I thought Mags was going to take a running dive at that food prep going on. Does she even understand the whole impeachment process? Doesn't sound like it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Does she even understand the whole impeachment process?

Not likely. For one, Nixon was not impeached because he stepped down. The current process was passed from the house to the senate.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Wonder what her therapist thinks of her behaving like an ill-tempered, spoiled, rude child, five days a week, on national television?

I've long wondered if Meghan's therapist has ever watched her on tv, just to get some insight into what she's like irl.  I seriously doubt it would be ethical for the them to ever comment to Meghan about her behavior on the show, unless she brings it up herself, (and even then, they might not, depending on the kind of therapy they practice), but the therapist could compare and contrast what they observe with what Meghan tells them.

I think today was the happiest she's ever acted when Ana's been there.  Maybe because she knew she had food coming.  I'm surprised Whoopie didn't show up for it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I've long wondered if Meghan's therapist has ever watched her on tv, just to get some insight into what she's like irl.  I seriously doubt it would be ethical for the them to ever comment to Meghan about her behavior on the show, unless she brings it up herself, (and even then, they might not, depending on the kind of therapy they practice), but the therapist could compare and contrast what they observe with what Meghan tells them.

I think today was the happiest she's ever acted when Ana's been there.  Maybe because she knew she had food coming.  I'm surprised Whoopie didn't show up for it.

Guns and Jack Daniels don't have eyeballs.  🤣

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

I think today was the happiest she's ever acted when Ana's been there.  Maybe because she knew she had food coming. 

It's cause Ana tweeted last night:  yet another moment when I find myself missing John McCain.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5