Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

Drogo

S10.E02: Here Comes The Stranger

Recommended Posts

5 couples get ready to walk down the aisle; while the first three couples celebrate their marriages with the help of family and friends,  two couples still remained to take the giant leap of faith.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

Also,  i’m really surprised about the number of brides that have those tiny buttons all the way down the back of their dresses and they don’t have a hidden zipper! My sister had buttons from the top of her wedding dress to the bottom, but she was smart enough to get a dress that had hidden zipper. No one ever had to touch any of those stupid buttons.

  • Love 9
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

I was spoiled from the pre-show: the Diabetic with the Freckles let it slip that she didn't run. Seemed like she & the bridal party has pre-gamed it a bit, lol. That's ok; everybody did. Bootleg Ashton Kutcher's vows were soo sweet & the way he looked at her.... Yasss! They are giving me Matt & Amber vibes though. Visually they wouldn't be an obvious match to me.

Taylor's mom was a little shady about her dress; something or other about it she would have liked changed. Well, what in the world was she supposed to do about it ~20 minutes before she walked down the aisle!? I liked that Taylor put her bridesmaids in cute dresses. Brandon's vows: "from the moment I saw you, I knew I wanted you to be my wife." The Hell? His mom & auntie(?) looked at each other like: huh? I think Brandon thinks his stock is higher than it is. He's a little stiff & cold & she's already feeling insecure; meanwhile, I feel like she could do better. 

  • Love 21

Share this post


Link to post

Taylor is very pretty but I thought too much was going on with the dangle earrings, necklace, and whatever that was in her hair.  I liked Brandon's tux but I wish he had ditched the studs in his ears.  

  • Love 10

Share this post


Link to post

9 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

I hope Brandon’s awkwardness is because he is nervous because he isn’t coming across well.

I agree.  I couldn't tell if he was really pleased or not.  Neither could Taylor.

Not interested in Jessica and Austin although they seem nice and I hope they make it.

  • Love 7

Share this post


Link to post

 Austin may need a bath and a good shampoo, but I thought it was sweet that he asked Jessica if he could kiss her.

  • Love 21

Share this post


Link to post

Interesting Mama's Boy's mom walked him down the aisle & his dad was already seated. Mom's gonna be a handful. Christmas Tree Farm bride looked great!--- lovely & like herself. I think they make a nice looking couple. They are my favorites for making it--- I'm rooting for them!

  • Love 13

Share this post


Link to post

Jessica and Austin do seem natural with each other.  I hope his mama doesn't fuck things up for them.

  • Love 15
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Katie does seem like she's gotten over her ex.  I hope so because Derek seems like he's a keeper. 

So Brandon can't dance.  Busted!

  • Love 5
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

Brandon needs to trim or,  preferably, lose that beard. Yuck.

Grandmother Brandon is the perfect median between Grangela and Porn Granny (90DF). 

Dad Derek Kutcher talked about his son's eating habits? You and Austin's best man (crude toast): leave the comedy to the comedians.

 

  • Love 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Is it really necessary to mention diabetes during the wedding ceremony?

Probably not, unless she has some real emotional issues that could be read as anger management.  Was once married to a severe diabetic.  It is a very real problem if her condition isn’t well-managed.

  • Love 3
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

In other news, "Couples Couch" is back...…..ugh.

Kristine and Keith got replaced by Jep and Shawnice. All the others are back.

I would give it a chance if AJ was on! But  it still needs to be cancelled.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, OnTime said:

In other news, "Couples Couch" is back...…..ugh.

Kristine and Keith got replaced by Jep and Shawnice. All the others are back.

I would give it a chance if AJ was on! But  it still needs to be cancelled.

Eh. You can just not watch.

3 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

I was spoiled from the pre-show: the Diabetic with the Freckles let it slip that she didn't run. Seemed like she & the bridal party has pre-gamed it a bit, lol. That's ok; everybody did. Bootleg Ashton Kutcher's vows were soo sweet & the way he looked at her.... Yasss! They are giving me Matt & Amber vibes though. Visually they wouldn't be an obvious match to me.

Taylor's mom was a little shady about her dress; something or other about it she would have liked changed. Well, what in the world was she supposed to do about it ~20 minutes before she walked down the aisle!? I liked that Taylor put her bridesmaids in cute dresses. Brandon's vows: "from the moment I saw you, I knew I wanted you to be my wife." The Hell? His mom & auntie(?) looked at each other like: huh? I think Brandon thinks his stock is higher than it is. He's a little stiff & cold & she's already feeling insecure; meanwhile, I feel like she could do better. 

I'm not sure why you are confused about the I knew when I first saw you line. He had literally just said he plans to make her laugh and then hit her off with a joke. That was a joke. That's why he said it worked when she laughed. I don't think anyone was confused by it.

Disclaimer: I was confused myself because Austin was the only one I remember making a joke like that. My bad.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post

Disclaimer: I'm a hopeless romantic at heart and totally buy all the cheese.

Katie and Derek are so cute together! Call me crazy but I feel the actual soulmate vibes with those two! I can't wait to see how they turn out. 

  • Love 17

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, answerphone said:

Everytime I look at Katie, I see a very young Ethel Kennedy.

Does anyone else see the similarities, or am I weird?🤭

I think that Katie is prettier than Ethel was but, yes, now that you mention it I can totally see the resemblance.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, PityFree said:

 I can’t get over how absolutely beautiful Brandon‘s grandmother is. 

 

2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Brandon's got a sexy grandma.

 

1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

Brandon’s grandmother should have given him dancing lessons.  Lovely woman. 

That lady is stunning.

 

2 hours ago, Booger666 said:

I hope Brandon’s awkwardness is because he is nervous because he isn’t coming across well.

What was up with him? I did not like her styling but Taylor is a good looking woman with brains. She also came off as very sweet and patient during their conversation. I wonder if he was intimidated by her?

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 24

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Brandon's got a sexy grandma.

He sure does and I love his voice, i find it soothing, he also has the cutest dimples, I  hope he’s a good guy, too early to predict this relationship.

  • Love 8

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Chilly said:

Disclaimer: I'm a hopeless romantic at heart and totally buy all the cheese.

Katie and Derek are so cute together! Call me crazy but I feel the actual soulmate vibes with those two! I can't wait to see how they turn out. 

I thought they had a lot of chemistry. 

Disclaimer: I sometimes think some of these couples are already couples before the show and they are hired as quasi-actors. As in, "Hey you wanna come on our show and get married? You just have to pretend you don't know each other..." I've thought that about Anthony/Ashley, Bobby/Danielle, and today I thought that about Derek/Katie.

50 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

Eh. You can just not watch.

I'm not sure why you are confused about the I knew when I first saw you line. He had literally just said he plans to make her laugh and then hit her off with a joke. That was a joke. That's why he said it worked when she laughed. I don't think anyone was confused by it.

That joke was made by Austin. His timing and delivery were on the mark and everyone laughed.

As the original poster mentioned, Brandon made a similar statement. Only thing is that it didn't have a very jokey vibe. He sounded serious and I, too, thought it was odd.

  • Love 20

Share this post


Link to post

13 minutes ago, endure said:

He sure does and I love his voice, i find it soothing, he also has the cutest dimples, I  hope he’s a good guy, too early to predict this relationship.

Eh, I've already made up my mind about him. I think he's full of himself. And I googled "beer ambassador." He more than likely sets up beer displays in stores. If she's really as much of a go-getter as she came across as in the first episode, I don't think they'll be a good match.

  • Love 22

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I thought they had a lot of chemistry. 

Disclaimer: I sometimes think some of these couples are already couples before the show and they are hired as quasi-actors. As in, "Hey you wanna come on our show and get married? You just have to pretend you don't know each other..." I've thought that about Anthony/Ashley, Bobby/Danielle, and today I thought that about Derek/Katie.

That joke was made by Austin. His timing and delivery were on the mark and everyone laughed.

As the original poster mentioned, Brandon made a similar statement. Only thing is that it didn't have a very jokey vibe. He sounded serious and I, too, thought it was odd.

Ok, I get what you are saying. I didn't even clock the other joke. The dude was nervous as hell so that's all I would chock it up to. Trying to lighten the mood, have some fun but too awkward to pull it off.

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post

I get why people are being put off by Brandon's awkwardness. He seems cold for sure. But he reminds me of my cousin, who is super awkward and goofy in social scenarios. And his humor is very similar to my cousin's too, and sometimes it can come across wrong but he's just trying to lighten the mood and not look stupid because he's all awkward.

I think he's just feeling off and he's lucky his new wife is forgiving and level headed. I bet once he warms up he will be completely different. 

  • Love 7
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

I'm just now catching the ceremonies.

Oh, MY! Derek's kiss and the way he held Katie were the most romantic EVAH! No wonder the editing monkeys slowed the scene down for us! 😍💑👰💞🎉

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 19

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

What was up with him? I did not like her styling but Taylor is a good looking woman with brains. She also came off as very sweet and patient during their conversation. I wonder if he was intimidated by her?

That's how I read it.  Plus when the toaster said he would have to get used to being the second most attractive and intelligent person in a room, I saw his eyes bulge like he doesn't like that prospect.  I get slightly stuck-on-himself vibes from Brandon despite his awkwardness.  He clearly feels he's being one-upped and outdone by Taylor, and he doesn't like that.  He likes to be the one-up in the relationship and senses that she is far too independent and smart to let him dominate her.  I think part of their awkwardness together is that they are probably a mismatch in terms of temperament.  He's the smooth-jazz kind of guy and she's the brainy type.  At one point he was constantly putting his foot in his mouth and she said she didn't even know if he liked her or not.  I think he knows that she will be unimpressed by him and he's really intimidated and afraid of that, so it's like he's making it happen anyway.  I think he likes a woman he feels like he can be superior to in a lot of ways and she won't make him feel that way.

  • Love 14
  • Useful 9

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Katie does seem like she's gotten over her ex.  I hope so because Derek seems like he's a keeper. 

I don't know about Derek yet.  He seems like a techno-geek to me and probably not that tuned into a woman's feelings.  He's Mr. "Never been in love" and I still see that as a red flag.  I see him as having impossibly high standards that she will never be able to live up to and can turn on a dime from love to abusiveness in less than 30 seconds.  Just my gut feeling there from knowing a few "Dereks" in my time.

  • Love 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

So far Jessica and Austin seem the best matched. They are cute together, hope they make it. 

I agree, me too.  I liked their energy together right off the bat.  They're both a little quirky and funny in their own way and in a complementary way together.  I just hope it goes deeper than that.  I think she was hoping for a different physical type - a broader bear-ish guy with a beard, but she already seems taken with Austin nonetheless, which is a good sign.  And their kissing was genuine, too.  So I have my fingers crossed, but it's really too soon to tell.  I don't think she likes his hair given her question about it, but who does?  He really needs a makeover.  It is far too long, stringy and greasy looking and when he's nervous he's constantly brushing it out of his eyes.

  • Love 17

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, say it isn't so, Yeah No! The worst, using the term lightly, trait anyone has said about Derek is that he is way out there in his food adventurousness! I think Katie has discerned that his eyes are the window to a loving soul, not a Mr. Hyde!

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Oh, say it isn't so, Yeah No! The worst, using the term lightly, trait anyone has said about Derek is that he is way out there in his food adventurousness! I think Katie has discerned that his eyes are the window to a loving soul, not a Mr. Hyde!

I sure hope you're right, he is very cute but I just can't shake my gut feelings about him!  He reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on who (other than Ashton).  It's going to bother me now until I figure it out.  I'm not sure if it's someone famous or someone I've known in my own life.  Katie seems very sweet so I do hope she's not let down by him!

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Brandon's got a sexy grandma.

Someone give that lady her own show, please! I could watch her all day. She's great. 😍

Brandon could take lessons from her in more than dancing. I liked him so much before but I agree that he came off cold and way more of a dud than I originally thought. I really hope it was just nerves.

On a purely shallow note, I think Jessica was the prettiest bride so far, and on a less shallow note, the most sincere. I was worried when she started describing her ideal man as being the physical opposite of Austin but she seemed immediately smitten and I found myself smiling all through their segments.

  • Love 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'm just now catching the ceremonies.

Oh, MY! Derek's kiss and the way he held Katie were the most romantic EVAH! No wonder the editing monkeys slowed the scene down for us! 😍💑👰💞🎉

Ah yes...i was swooning over here too. It helps that she does this full-body lean-in when she kisses him and dances with him. It comes across sexy.  Derek even said "she melts into my arms."

She also full-body leans in when she danced with her dad. In that case, it came across as endearing.

Did you notice the picture of them kissing in front of the windows, during their photo session. It was perfection. 

Derek and Katie, I'm a fan so far. 

  • Love 16

Share this post


Link to post

I hope that Katie's ex was just an edit. I thought it could be last week and this week I watched closely. When she was talking about the boyfriend it was a voice over which could have been taped anytime in response to any question. Then they would end with a actualy clip of her talking saying, I am so nervous or so happy which again could have been in response to any question. While I hope the boyfriend issue was  creative edit for Derek and Katie's sake , if it was I dislike how far the show is going now to edit words for drama. 

Brandon surprised me. Last week I thought he the catch of the bachelor party(as far as his answers )  and this week seemed so awkward and off. It was just a weird change. I thought his vows would have been more thoughtful. Sure you can be nervous at a first dance or first talk but vows you can pre-write and re-write. Him saying something like from the first time I saw you was like he copied someone else's vows? Glad she is patient with him. 

Jessica saying she wanted a man with dark hair and a beard and not blond hair as the switch over to Austin...now if they had something else in common, both wanted to start a free medical clinic  or both were vegans that want to live in a tiny house but I see nothing in common and now she describes wanting a different physical type.  If the matchmakers really wanted to match her, could they not have at least found her a guy with dark hair? I was happy to see them at least having a laugh after the wedding ceremony. 

It is always fun to see the weddings but now in the back of my mind as I watch the parents cry and look so hopeful, watching it is likely 1 or more of these couples will not work out.

I wonder if this is all we will see of the weddings. Kind of missed out on the families meeting there new in laws, the friends giving gossip etc. 

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

I thought his vows would have been more thoughtful. Sure you can be nervous at a first dance or first talk but vows you can pre-write and re-write. Him saying something like from the first time I saw you was like he copied someone else's vows? 

Nope. Can't be. He said so at the end of his vows, "I wrote them all myself."  🙄

Not something I'd be bragging about,  Brandon. 

  • Love 5
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

I don't have my mind made up about anyone here. For me there is no clearly this or that over what is purely conjecture. I'm getting to know these people just like they are.

People that don't know me will sometimes label me as shy or withdrawn. But, people who actually know me, label me completely different. When I first meet people, I'm not always super talkative or as comfortable as I usually am. 

Sometimes it takes a bit for people to open up. These people just met. They are writing vows for someone they haven't met. They don't know each other's quirks, habits or rules. It's nice when it feels like it's all clicking into place but it's not what I expect. 

So far, I don't think the matches are bad. Hitting off right away means nothing to me. We saw immediate attraction between a couple that completely fell flat on this face last season.

I just wouldn't treat something like this like it's a fairytale. It's going to be real work for this to be a success. Even more than your average marriage. So, I given them some leeway. I just always hope the people signing up are open to other people in terms of looks and personality. Be a little open and realistic.

  • Love 13

Share this post


Link to post

Katie’s dog is Jax.

Taylor’s dog is Tyson.

Blue tux group got married first...Derek, Brandon and Austin.

Katie and Derek had instantaneous attraction and seemed comfortable from the get go.

Katie is masterful of the “lean in.” Derek is very leanable....

To quote from While You Were Sleeping...

"Leaning involves wanting and accepting..."

Derek feels Katie melting into his arms..a  bright green light to him Katie likes him....

Derek's relaxed body as she snuggles up to him in front of their family and friends...Derek likes Katie.

Katie feels instantly comfortable with being close to him and it is mirrored when she dances with her Dad in the same full body huggy fashion...

I want to believe that was genuine and not  for the show....

 

Brandon’s awkwardness made Taylor nervous that he wasn’t attracted to her so she didn’t kiss him in the photo session...red flag flapping in the breeze.

Brandon is a beer brand ambassador?
Job description is beer delivery guy.

Brandon is not very good with words, written or spoken. Cringing along with Taylor as she listens to him struggle at the alter and feeling bad for her...

Jessica’s Dad’s Resting Mad Face during the ceremony and his jack o’ lantern smile at the reception when he started to relax.

Derek/Katie and Jessica/Austin...at least one of the two, but liking both to make it to Decision Day.

Taylor/Brandon...the tease has them getting along just fine between the sheets...cue the music....bow chicka wah wah

 

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 10
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I don't like Taylor.  She was like, "Brandon's not attracted to me?"  Chill honey, you just met the guy.

Loved Brandon's grandmother.

Some people just can't dance, it is what it is.

I like Derek but that could change.

Arranged marriages were never about love, they were more about keeping money and power between families and making sure that things like culture and traditions stayed intact.  

But this show is just that, a show and a show means DRAMA and I'm here for it.  I mean this is Lifetime, not PBS.

  • Love 11

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Eh, I've already made up my mind about him. I think he's full of himself. And I googled "beer ambassador." He more than likely sets up beer displays in stores. If she's really as much of a go-getter as she came across as in the first episode, I don't think they'll be a good match.

 

6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

That's how I read it.  Plus when the toaster said he would have to get used to being the second most attractive and intelligent person in a room, I saw his eyes bulge like he doesn't like that prospect.  I get slightly stuck-on-himself vibes from Brandon despite his awkwardness.  He clearly feels he's being one-upped and outdone by Taylor, and he doesn't like that.  He likes to be the one-up in the relationship and senses that she is far too independent and smart to let him dominate her.  I think part of their awkwardness together is that they are probably a mismatch in terms of temperament.  He's the smooth-jazz kind of guy and she's the brainy type.  At one point he was constantly putting his foot in his mouth and she said she didn't even know if he liked her or not.  I think he knows that she will be unimpressed by him and he's really intimidated and afraid of that, so it's like he's making it happen anyway.  I think he likes a woman he feels like he can be superior to in a lot of ways and she won't make him feel that way.

I was a little worried when he said "beer ambassador", because it sounded so phony. Jackie from the second season sold Tito's Vodka but she had a lot of drive and spunk. You could see that she would be a very good sales person. She was also successful enough to have her own house in the expensive Northeast. I thought Brandon was at least in sales but other people have said he is more likely a delivery driver. Again, there is nothing wrong with this...it is honest hard work.

She sells bourbon by hosting parties and did not seem to have a problem with his job and being in the business she probably knows what "Brand Ambassador" really means.

It almost feels like Brandon is a guy who is used to being slightly worshiped and adored. by having some kind of upper hand. He is a handsome guy who might have grown up in a family of women since his dad was not in the picture. I felt bad to learn about his brother but it probably had the effect of people lavishing even more attention on him as it made him an only child.

He is probably used to being the 'star" of the relationship and that ain't never gonna happen with Taylor. She is a swimsuit model and researcher at Hopkiins. On top of that, she was really sweet and patient with his awkward ass.  It is like the Seinfeld episode where the guy is asked "how did YOU ever get a girl like her".

I hope I'm wrong because I really liked Brandon until I saw his reaction to Taylor.

6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I agree, me too.  I liked their energy together right off the bat.  They're both a little quirky and funny in their own way and in a complementary way together.  I just hope it goes deeper than that.  I think she was hoping for a different physical type - a broader bear-ish guy with a beard, but she already seems taken with Austin nonetheless, which is a good sign.  And their kissing was genuine, too.  So I have my fingers crossed, but it's really too soon to tell.  I don't think she likes his hair given her question about it, but who does?  He really needs a makeover.  It is far too long, stringy and greasy looking and when he's nervous he's constantly brushing it out of his eyes.

Austin is a nice looking guy but the way he styled his hair for the wedding reminded me a little too much of this. The Little Dutch Boy logo on paint cans. I might prefer his hair floppy.

image.png.cc4823a1feac1dcca48a13af89c47e17.png

  • Love 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Plus when the toaster said he would have to get used to being the second most attractive and intelligent person in a room, I saw his eyes bulge like he doesn't like that prospect.

I hated her toast. You can compliment your friend without essentially saying she is always going to be better than everyone else in the room. 

Quote

Derek and Katie, I'm a fan so far. 

Me too. I didn't love her originally but I think they seemed like a good match, at least right off the bat.

Quote

Jessica saying she wanted a man with dark hair and a beard and not blond hair as the switch over to Austin...now if they had something else in common, both wanted to start a free medical clinic  or both were vegans that want to live in a tiny house but I see nothing in common and now she describes wanting a different physical type.  If the matchmakers really wanted to match her, could they not have at least found her a guy with dark hair? I was happy to see them at least having a laugh after the wedding ceremony. 

Austin isn't what she said she wanted physically but she doesn't seem to find him unattractive. I thought their personalities meshed really well; they are both kind of adorably dorky. And they had the two cutest flower girls at their wedding -they should rent those kids out for wedding photos. I think they stand a decent chance. I do wish Austin would get a good wash and cut on his hair though.

  • Love 17

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size