Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Here Comes The Stranger

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

She still has mostly European blood and you can tell. I just don’t think a man being attracted to her  says much about his attraction to black women. But I realize the expert can’t do anything about this issue except ask for skin tone preferences? But that would be a little weird. Idk I’m just tired of seeing this issue. 

I will just hope that’s not Brandon’s issue

When people are looking at one another no one is wondering what specific percentages of different races you have in your DNA , they judge you by what they see. I think that is the point you are making and in that point you are absolutely right. 

Vanessa Williams is 56% African and 44% European, she looks mixed and is mixed and yes, any attraction or repulsion towards her would be based on whether a person likes mixed or mixed looking women. However, she does not know these non-black ancestors the way a mixed/biracial/multi-racial person would. She's been ethnically and culturally raised like all black Americans with both Black American parents and is Black American from a cultural standpoint only.

Again, I will not disagree with you, I wholeheartely agree she is racially mixed. 

You can find both of the people I'm going to discuss on Youtube, they made videos on their Ancestry DNA tests. This girl, Paris (youtube name LeSweetPea) has green eyes and fair skin, she is 69% African descent and 31% person European and other. This guy Jonathan Champ (youtube name is his name) is 70% African and 30% European. I would say Paris looks mixed (she states that she is mixed but also acknowledges that she is culturally and ethnically Black American, she doesn't personally know these white ancestors) and Jonathan looks Black but they have nearly the identical African/European percentage. We have no control over which features will be dominant when we are born.

Again I agree, anyone that is exclusively attracted to Gabrielle Union with Afro-centric features would not like Paris because Paris looks mixed (though she's no more mixed than millions of other African Americans.)

black guy who is mixed.png

mixed black american girl.jpg

Edited by kerrieway
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Okay. Okay. Okay. WOAH!! Austin: STOP "adjusting" your hair!! Better yet, CHOP IT OFF!! Next, I'm #TEAMSHARE so OF COURSE I'm already annoyed with SPOUSES (yes, STRANGERS) holding back!! COMPLIMENT YOUR SPOUSE FOR GOD'S SAKE! IF that's what you feel. This is your FIRST IMPRESSION!!!!!!! I know, they're just meeting their MATCH. It wouldn't kill them to say, "You look beautiful/handsome, I'm so excited!" Yes. Some did, some said it to their families & some told the cameras INSTEAD of their spouse! AS USUAL! Good job, Brandon! 😉 Maybe that's why she rejected your photo shoot kiss! OUCH! That was BRUTAL! That's what happens when you don't connect enough is what I'm guessing. AND ANOTHER missed communication opportunity. She should've said, "I'm not comfortable with that, yet." I wonder how in his head he is about it. It is interesting. Some feel it, some just do as instructed, & some don't. To each their own, but I think they all have the potential to "feel" it, just a matter of how much they're open & receptive, out of their own way. Like, let the guards down some & be OPEN, start establishing open COMMUNICATION & TRUST with their SPOUSE! And WTH was that WHACK, PRE-WRITTEN, "I knew from the moment I first saw you, I wanted to be with you"?? No. Just. No. To start, they should speak from the heart and let it flow. I'm not usually critical of vows, I just know they go out the window & are NEVER followed. I guess that's why I don't really focus on them. I'm tempted to transcribe & reference them as I watch. 😂 I still think they should frame them & see them EVERY DAY, maybe they'll do better!! Brandon talking about marrying a man... NOT FUNNY! & giving me MORE gay vibes!! So confusing cuz I like his calm, soothing tone. & the 'can't dance' thing, I HATE THAT! That's something he could learn, but refuses to. WHACK! Sad about his brother. Poor thing. Taylor doesn't know where she stands, if he's even attracted to her & is hella guarded. I understand it. But, she should just ask! I know, people are afraid of the truth, but they're MARRIED!! How is being stand-offish gunna help?? She seems to be going through the motions, being cool, but wants more from him, yet won't tell him. Again, afraid of telling the STRANGER that might not care. #THESTRUGGLEISREAL 😂 & I'm deriving all this from what I see, pure speculation. Sounds plausible, right?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Ginger said:

I said this exact thing to my daughter after the first episode. Physical beauty can only go so far and matching someone so intelligent with a beer salesman (let's face, that's what he is) with no higher education is just not going to work. Eventually she will feel that she has married down and he will feel intimidated and take it out on her. Just my $0.02.

I feel like that's a really simplistic way of looking at Brandon based on his job and very little interaction. 

I work as a courier. Not the most complex job in the world. But, I work along someone who studied law in Harvard. People with masters degrees. His occupation doesn't mean anything and nothing he's said has made him come out more or less dumb than your average person.

And intellectuals sometimes don't seek out other intellectuals. Sometimes that's about balance. There are a bunch of reasons. 

I would also assume that if that was a factor for her, this would be the last place she would be trying to find a mate.

I also hate this that every season I find myself defending some dude because everything about him is analyzed in every way possible. Because it's not even me saying he's a great a guy. I don't know. We barely know him. I just believe in people being allowed to be flawed and judging actions based on context given. I don't like to assume things about people on these shows. I like learning about them as time goes on.

I think personality wise they may be a miss. Just from her being more open and bubbly while he's more subdued and awkward. All of this could end up balancing out. But, that's the only trouble I see. 

• Love 11
On 1/8/2020 at 6:12 PM, NowVoyager said:

Interesting Mama's Boy's mom walked him down the aisle & his dad was already seated. Mom's gonna be a handful. Christmas Tree Farm bride looked great!--- lovely & like herself. I think they make a nice looking couple. They are my favorites for making it--- I'm rooting for them!

I didn't like that he didn't go over and introduce himself. His hair 'moves' were RIDICULOUS! & WHY the hesitation opening the champagne?? Like. DUDE! Your wife's tryna pop champagne RIGHT NOW!! Get a move on!! 😂😂 They look similar to me.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 4
On 1/8/2020 at 7:29 PM, OnTime said:

Is it really necessary to mention diabetes during the wedding ceremony?

They're STRANGERS. It's useful information and it's sharing and building trust & security. All good things. Nothing to be ashamed of. What's the problem? 😂

On 1/9/2020 at 7:30 AM, Koalagirl said:

Taylor’s mom told her the dress was too big or too loose. I thought that was very shady too.

Very, VERY RUDE!! Glad she didn't argue like that, but it was loose in the bust. The side shots show a lottttttt of space. 😅 I wonder if she thinks it's too loose and just accepts it, unlike Meka. She TRIPPIN!! No point in feeding into the negativity, over something you can't change. SUCK IT UP, BUTTERCUP! 😂

• Love 3
7 hours ago, kerrieway said:

When people are looking at one another no one is wondering what specific percentages of different races you have in your DNA , they judge you by what they see. I think that is the point you are making and in that point you are absolutely right. 

Vanessa Williams is 56% African and 44% European, she looks mixed and is mixed and yes, any attraction or repulsion towards her would be based on whether a person likes mixed or mixed looking women. However, she does not know these non-black ancestors the way a mixed/biracial/multi-racial person would. She's been ethnically and culturally raised like all black Americans with both Black American parents and is Black American from a cultural standpoint only.

Again, I will not disagree with you, I wholeheartely agree she is racially mixed. 

You can find both of the people I'm going to discuss on Youtube, they made videos on their Ancestry DNA tests. This girl, Paris (youtube name LeSweetPea) has green eyes and fair skin, she is 69% African descent and 31% person European and other. This guy Jonathan Champ (youtube name is his name) is 70% African and 30% European. I would say Paris looks mixed (she states that she is mixed but also acknowledges that she is culturally and ethnically Black American, she doesn't personally know these white ancestors) and Jonathan looks Black but they have nearly the identical African/European percentage. We have no control over which features will be dominant when we are born.

Again I agree, anyone that is exclusively attracted to Gabrielle Union with Afro-centric features would not like Paris because Paris looks mixed (though she's no more mixed than millions of other African Americans.)

black guy who is mixed.png

mixed black american girl.jpg

Yes, that’s the point I was making! These men don’t care that the woman actually have a parent who is not black. They only care about the look, what’s in front of them. A man could say I like black women like Halle Berry, Zendaya and Vanessa Williams, and I would take that to mean he likes mixed women. I wouldn’t bat an eye at the Vanessa mention because, though she does not have a non-black parent, the preference he is describing is clear and I know it doesn’t include women who look like Serena Williams. 

Maybe that’s the solution! Ask these people to jot down their celeb crushes then maybe you can see real preferences?

• Love 4

Is Brandon's Grandma's wig on backwards?? 😂😂

FOR THE LOVE OF SIGHT: Katie STOP tucking your chin!! OMG, I can't look!! & those gums/teeth!! Would veneers work? Help the child!! 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I still don’t like Katie but I do agree she was making herself attractive to Derek. He was into it. 

I like Austin and Jessica but I think his mommy issues will become a problem. So far she’s my favorite personality wise, although I liked Mindy’s personality as well. 

Something is off about Brandon. I’m not sure what it is but something ain’t right. I don’t know if it was simply that he isn’t into Taylor or that he’s dumb/nervous/intimidated. Could be a combination. I think the women in his family have probably spoiled him, like Keith‘s (Kristine) grandmother did with him. Grandma looks good and she knows it and she may have blown her grandson’s head up to think grandma’s baby is the most handsomest man there ever was!! 

39 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Is Brandon's Grandma's wig on backwards?? 😂😂

FOR THE LOVE OF SIGHT: Katie STOP tucking your chin!! OMG, I can't look!! & those gums/teeth!! Would veneers work? Help the child!! 😂

Whatever it is that she does makes her soooo hideously unattractive to me. She needs to stop doing it ASAP. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Whatever it is that she does makes her soooo hideously unattractive to me. She needs to stop doing it ASAP. 

I think it's a bunch of things but I really don't like her so far, but I don't have to be married to her so that's good. She will make it tough viewing for me unless something changes this season.

5 hours ago, Lindz said:
On 1/8/2020 at 10:29 PM, OnTime said:

Is it really necessary to mention diabetes during the wedding ceremony?

They're STRANGERS. It's useful information and it's sharing and building trust & security. All good things. Nothing to be ashamed of. What's the problem? 😂

I definitely had an issue with it being mentioned *during* the ceremony. Absolutely she should've told him immediately afterward, but while alone together. I know I wouldn't want to have a marriage partner's personal & impactful medical situation thrown at me for the first time publicly. I thought it was quite insensitive to Derek.

Which brings me to, I think the families write that crap right?  If she wrote it I would say it's attention seeking, but if her family/friends wrote it then they might have been putting it out there to purposely gauge his initial reaction themselves. Both wrong ways to handle it IMO.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, gonecrackers said:

Which brings me to, I think the families write that crap right?  If she wrote it I would say it's attention seeking, but if her family/friends wrote it then they might have been putting it there to purposely gauge his initial reaction themselves. Both wrong ways to handle it IMO.

Something about Brandon’s made me think HE wrote his. But if his family wrote it that would explain a lot. 

4 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Something about Brandon’s made me think HE wrote his. But if his family wrote it that would explain a lot. 

I can't recall his except someone here saying it was about 'owning his mistakes', which I agree was not a good look to put out there at a stranger wedding, no matter who wrote it. It definitely comes across as a warning, like as if to say - "He is a total fuck up, but at least he'll admit to it."   Lovely.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I can't recall his except someone here saying it was about 'owning his mistakes', which I agree was not a good look to put out there at a stranger wedding, no matter who wrote it. It definitely comes across as a warning, like as if to say - "He is a total fuck up, but at least he'll admit to it."   Lovely.

Not his actual vows but the “Brandon’s family and friends want you to know.” I just can’t remember what it was that made me feel like he wrote it. Overall, homeboy just comes across as disingenuous. 

• Love 4

Brandon is just all full of himself!  Along comes Taylor with education, experience, brains and beauty!  He's overwhelmed because he thought HE was 'all that'!

Personally I think she's way too much for Brandon!

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I feel like that's a really simplistic way of looking at Brandon based on his job and very little interaction. 

I agree.  Is Taylor a scientist or a research assistant?  Those are two very different positions. 

I don't think Taylor is all that.  Maybe she thinks she's God's gift because she's lighter skinned.  To me Taylor looks quite basic. 

Who knows, maybe Brandon wanted a darker skinned woman.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, Lindz said:

FOR THE LOVE OF SIGHT: Katie STOP tucking your chin!! OMG, I can't look!! & those gums/teeth!! Would veneers work?

She needs gum contouring.  Two of my daughters got it and it changed their smiles a LOT.  It's $$$ though.  

Edited by greeneyedscorpio
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

Maybe that’s the solution! Ask these people to jot down their celeb crushes then maybe you can see real preferences?

That came up in the Texas season. Amber and Dave were talking about celebrity crushes and Amber got upset because Dave's was someone who looked nothing like her.

10 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Also, do we know Brandon has no higher education? Plenty of people go to college and end up in sales, and sales isn't something everyone is good at.

On the flip side, just because you went to college doesn't mean you're smart. I went to an Ivy. Some of the straight-up dumbest people I've ever known, I met at that Ivy. There was a huge expose article in The Chronicle of Higher Education written by an anonymous person who earned his living writing papers, including masters' theses, for students. Grade inflation has become a huge issue in higher ed over the last 10 years. It's absolutely possible to come out of college, even top-tier colleges, and not actually be that smart or intellectually curious. I for sure knew people in both undergrad and grad school who aren't intellectually curious.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
54 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't trust Katie.  She went 180 too fast when she saw Derek.  It makes me wonder what could make her go 180 again and start dreaming about her ex.

It's stinky to me. Either that was a production driven fake drama fest, or, perhaps she & Derek were recruited as a couple already seeing each other. I've long suspected this show of set ups to look like successes. As things play out it will probably get clearer. If they are another 'success' after all that, I will again suspect intentional duping.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Katie looks like a turtle and I think way too much was made of the diabetes. I wouldn’t want to be defined by my illness and there’s time to talk about it after. Anyway, Katie is a mess. 

ROTFLMDAO!!!!!  Too Funny and I agree. If I hear one more mention  of her DIABETES I’m gonna scream.  (I thought she was ugly, but her new husband likes her. Lucky her!) I’m terrible, but this message board is so on point!!! 😉👍

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I did like Kate's two piece bridal outfit, though.  It fit her well.

Taylor's dress didn't fit her at all.  Did you know she has Type 1 Diabetes?  (no shade, I used to work for a researcher and the JDRF funded a lot of her research)

I feel for Brandon.  That's tragic to lose your older brother at 8 to gang violence.  Some people never recover from something like that.  Brandon seems kind of immature though, and in a way, so does Taylor.  I don't think Brandon thinks he's all that though.  When he was reading his vows, his mother and grandmother looked at each other like, "WTF is this?"  Brandon's mother's name is Tracy and I laughed because when I was growing up, the popular names on the block were Cheryl, Nancy, Tammi (or Tamera) and Tracy. 

Brandon also gets points because for their first dance, he mentioned wanting to hear Luther Vandross' "Dance With My Father" which is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

I wonder if Jessica is getting married because her twin sister is married with a child.

Why did Austin walk out with his mother, I thought that was a bit strange, like she was giving him away.

What is it with the lame music on this show?  Only one ceremony actually played "Here Comes the Bride."

Austin and Brandon both used the lame sentence in their vows:  "When I saw you I knew I was going to marry you." 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, ladle said:

The main lingering question here is whether Katie’s dad looks more like a young Bruce Willis or a young Michael Keaton. 

Ooh - now that you mention it - young Michael Keaton!

What is it with the lame music on this show?  Only one ceremony actually played "Here Comes the Bride."

It's often not used. I walked down the aisle to "Here Comes the Sun."

Taylor's dress didn't fit her at all.  Did you know she has Type 1 Diabetes?  (no shade, I used to work for a researcher and the JDRF funded a lot of her research)

Wait - Taylor has diabetes? Katie is the one with diabetes; or does Taylor also have it?

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Ooh - now that you mention it - young Michael Keaton!

It's often not used. I walked down the aisle to "Here Comes the Sun."

Wait - Taylor has diabetes? Katie is the one with diabetes; or does Taylor also have it?

Katie has diabetes 1.  Taylor does some kind of research work.

On 1/10/2020 at 7:39 AM, kerrieway said:

I agree with you but want to make a distinction: Colorism, featurism, and a preference for non-black/racially ambiguous/mixed women are three different things that can overlap with self-hating black men. 

Meagan Goode is black (2 black parents) and doesn't look mixed but she is lighter browned skinned, I wouldn't say exactly light skinned but close. However she is pretty, with a nose that isn't overtly afro-centric. Everything else,: cheekbones and full lips are pretty afo-centric IMO. 

However, Halle Berry, Mariah Carey, and Alicia Keys are MIXED, not black--they all have white mothers. A light skinned black woman would be someone with two black parents. However, looks can vary because most black Americans are 70% - 85% African descent so some black people can and will look like mixed people. Loni Love and Tamar Braxton on the Real are both black but Loni is 83% black and is dark skinned and Tamar is 84% black and is medium brown skinned. You can see this on their DNA video on youtube. 

Light-skinned black people who look mixed would be actress Bianca Lawson and Steph Curry and his wife. These people may be 70% black or more but their non-black genes are dominant in their appearance.

I don't follow the one-drop rule but a lot of uninformed people do. Thankfully, more and more black women are waking up to this nonsense and mixed women like Meghan Markle (who has a black mom/white father) will honestly relay that they are mixed because they are self-aware enough not to pretend to be black because it's not an accurate or fair comparison to black women.

Trey was mixed so I can make an allowance for him wanting a mixed or non-black woman. Jephte's cheating self is trash. Tristan is trash and is newly engaged again to a lighter/prettier version of Meagan Goode. I knew Will didn't like dark girls with Jasmine's features (wide nose, kinkier hair etc) ---basically the female version of himself. 

It's like layers of a self-hating preference onion. When a guy wants a lighter brown-skinned woman he may just want a girl with less dominant black features but still black, i.e. Megan Goode or Ciara.

Then we go down to more features. Maybe Rihanna who'd look very black if she had very dark skin but has a feature, i.e. light eyes and a darker caramel color that would maybe make you question whether she was "completely black". 

Then a step down, perhaps Bianca Lawson because she has light skin and probably 3c hair, more neutral features but would also look black with darker skin.

The inner layer of the onion would be mixed people. Meghan Markle. 

Then finally non-black women who tan, Kim Ks and Jennifer Lopez. 

Check out Chrissie's youtube vids if you want more examples. 

thank you for that informative post.
Colorism, which comes from white is better in every way colonial propaganda , is rampant in India too.  There is a spoof skin lightening cream commercial that some have thought was real that takes what I see as a light skinned Indian woman to a blond goddess in no time.  It skewers the makers of the creams and the women’s motives for using them.

I think Meka might not like her dark skinned husband 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Stinamaia said:

thank you for that informative post.
Colorism, which comes from white is better in every way colonial propaganda , is rampant in India too.  There is a spoof skin lightening cream commercial that some have thought was real that takes what I see as a light skinned Indian woman to a blond goddess in no time.  It skewers the makers of the creams and the women’s motives for using them.

I think Meka might not like her dark skinned husband 

Meka is dark skinned so why would she not like her husband?

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Brandon also gets points because for their first dance, he mentioned wanting to hear Luther Vandross' "Dance With My Father" which is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

Ok, I caught this, but i actually deducted points and said, "You're not her father, idiot. And way to rub it in that she doesn't have one!"

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Why did Austin walk out with his mother, I thought that was a bit strange, like she was giving him away.

She wasn’t giving him away, he was escorting her to her seat. Where I’m from it’s not uncommon for the groom to walk his mom down the aisle to her seat. It’s like a sign of respect for the mother of the groom.

• Useful 5
  • Love 8

"Here Comes The Bride" isn't played as often as movies would have us believe.

It was written by Wagner, who was Hitler's favorite composer and a well-known Nazi.  Wagner believed in the "perfect Aryan type", i.e. blond, blue-eyed, white, Christian. 

So, many couples today choose something else.

One of my favorite weddings ever, they walked down to James Brown's "I Feel Good".  It was awesome.

Edited by Sterling
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
On 1/10/2020 at 5:47 PM, sara416 said:

Gripe from an ACTUAL therapist that specializes in children:
"Children's Therapist" is a job title at a place of employment. You are NOT a therapist if you are not master's level and licensed. You just aren't. And when you get your degree, it will likely be in social work or counseling. And your license will be and LPC (or some variation) or an LCSW. You aren't a children's therapist. That is not your profession. Stop calling yourself that. 

Thank you for coming to my TED talk. 

Thank you, I thought the same thing. Bachelor level folks are not licensed therapists in any states I know of.

• Love 3
On 1/10/2020 at 11:19 AM, gonecrackers said:

Did Brandon actually say he has an anxiety/panic disorder/issue? Or was it just that joke he did at the wedding that is making everyone assume he does? Because many people make lame jokes about anxiety & panic attacks, but don't really struggle with it as a condition, & would not understand what it is to have it negatively impact your life -for real.

I may have missed a comment by him so just wondering.

He did, and I think he said it more than once.

On 1/10/2020 at 4:07 PM, Empress1 said:

I'm sure Brandon turns up the charm to make a sale.

...which is why I was so baffled as to why he seemed completely incapable of doing that with Taylor.  i don't yet know if it's because he was disinterested, or intimidated.

• Love 2

I heard Brandon say he had anxiety and gets the shakes sometimes. Did not hear him say he had an actual diagnosed condition. 

Call me insensitive but I find it hard to reconcile crippling anxiety with the choice to do a reality tv show. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Call me insensitive but I find it hard to reconcile crippling anxiety with the choice to do a reality tv show. 

Also, someone who is in sales for a living..........

I don't really buy it either. He exuded so much confidence and ease in everything leading up to this that I have to chalk it up to disappointment in Taylor more than anxiety. Even hot grandma said he likes beautiful women, so I don't think he's very shy........

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

This is the first episode I watched and I FF through some of it. Most of the couples swore the usual ideals of unconditional love, sacrifice and loyalty to someone they don't even know. I would shoot for more realistic vows.

I don't know you...but I want to.

I don't love you...but I hope to.

Speak I will listen, hug me and I will kiss you.

I commit 8 weeks of this walk of faith with you in the expectation that at time we will say we are husband and wife.

Something like that...

Jessica and Austin

Painful to watch. His self-consciousness got to her self self-consciousness. Even there picture together looks stiff. I hope they're just wound up to the breaking point. One of them should have just said hey have you watched Married at first sight? Immediately they would have something to talk about. They could talk about other couples and how they did and what they hope to avoid. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

Diabetes is word of the season, just like virginity was last season.

It is something to consider and he'll have to be honest whether he accepts that condition unconditionally. At least its a real condition.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

[Her diabetes] is something to consider and he'll have to be honest whether he accepts that condition unconditionally. At least its a real condition.

I agree - especially when her main concern is that she should have kids sooner than later because of her very real medical condition. They are both pretty young, so I hope she explains her priorities to him as soon as possible. I would be totally fine with hearing about it in the context of conversations about how it affects her daily life as well as their future together, but I have a feeling the editors are gonna keep lobbing "Well, I have diabetes..." at us every five minutes, as though it's brand new information, much like they did with Iris's (very changeable condition of) virginity.

• Love 3
On 1/11/2020 at 3:32 PM, gonecrackers said:

It's stinky to me. Either that was a production driven fake drama fest, or, perhaps she & Derek were recruited as a couple already seeing each other. I've long suspected this show of set ups to look like successes. As things play out it will probably get clearer. If they are another 'success' after all that, I will again suspect intentional duping.

I don't believe that any couples in this franchise have or had previously been dating. Unless I've missed some revelations? 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Jessica and Austin

Painful to watch. His self-consciousness got to her self self-consciousness. Even there picture together looks stiff. I hope they're just wound up to the breaking point. One of them should have just said hey have you watched Married at first sight? Immediately they would have something to talk about. They could talk about other couples and how they did and what they hope to avoid. 

I'm quite sure they are not allowed to talk like that on camera - can you imagine current couples talking about what a dick Luke was, or Iris the weirdo?  😄 I thought they were very cute.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 1/11/2020 at 6:15 PM, Elizzikra said:

See, I can't even tell these girls apart!  😁  They're all blending into one blob of need.

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 6
On 1/13/2020 at 3:31 PM, DrewPaul2010 said:

Jessica and Austin

Painful to watch. His self-consciousness got to her self self-consciousness. Even there picture together looks stiff.

I thought they seemed pretty comfortable together. She was a little giggly for my taste, but other than that they seemed to get along pretty easily. The ones I found painful to watch were Brandon and Taylor. He was beyond awkward.

• Love 4
On 1/9/2020 at 9:34 AM, kerrieway said:

I'm a BIG Austin fan so far. He's giving me Bobby vibes and I think he's in it for the right reasons but like Bobby he needs some style help. 

Austin needs to cut his hair like it was before or go to the hair salon and get a stylish short cut. Austin should hit the gym and lift a little, he doesn't have to overdo it but he looked better before with more muscle conditioning. 

You can see the differences below between how he looks now and how he looked about a year or more ago. 

austin from mafs after.jpgaustin after.png

I like Austin too and I like him and Jessica together.  Agree with all that's been said about his need for a makeover.  I also wonder--does anyone think he might be a drinker?  When they first introduced him in the first "meet the couples" episode, he had a drink in his hand, alone.  Then when he and Jessica first talked after the ceremony, he said he wished he had a whiskey, but champagne would do.  I am not a teetotaller but I wondered if these might be red flags.

• Useful 1
16 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

I like Austin too and I like him and Jessica together.  Agree with all that's been said about his need for a makeover.  I also wonder--does anyone think he might be a drinker?  When they first introduced him in the first "meet the couples" episode, he had a drink in his hand, alone.  Then when he and Jessica first talked after the ceremony, he said he wished he had a whiskey, but champagne would do.  I am not a teetotaller but I wondered if these might be red flags.

Didn’t count but did notice the number of times he was shown with a drink in his hand (IIRC they were scenes before the wedding, but I probably do not in fact recall correctly as I am old and don’t pay enough attention). Suspect you might be right, and that the editors were throwing hints.

• Love 1

I dislike when the bridesmaids tell the grooms all the bride’s faults.  Let the grooms find out for themselves.  Some of them look jealous and appear catty.  I’m still not remembering names as I’m watching 90 day Fiancé too, lol.

• Love 4