Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Purgatory

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

Great Oliver/Mia, Oliver/William, Oliver/Diggle, Oliver/Roy, and Diggle/Lyla/Connor scenes. 

Dinah and Rene remain useless. Seriously, zero point to them this season. The Monitor could have brought Roy to the island and left them in Star City.

As I said in the live thread, ugh to the Oliver/Laurel scenes just because they feel so forced. If they'd also thrown in a Mia/Laurel scene, Laurel probably would have insulted Oliver during it. 

And YES Lyla! Hello, Harbinger.

But overall, not that impressed with the episode. (And not at all impressed by the sound getting very low during the final Oliver/William and Oliver/Mia scenes. CW, you get an F.) 

• Love 3

I liked seeing Yao Fei again, and all the Mia/William, Oliver/Kids, Oliver/Diggle conversations. The story was pretty eh for me. The Monitor really seems to rely on man made stuff. I'm glad Crisis didn't happen before nuclear physics was created. Lucky for all the Earth's. 

Ah Roy, I wish you were used more. I didn't mind him losing an arm like his comics counterpart, but I wish it would have been done better. 

• Love 1

It was an ok episode, almost everyone got a nice scene or two with Oliver. Lyla becomes Harbinger like 24hrs before COIE begins like way to be late to the game Monitor! 

I was expecting something to happen to Laurel to explain

Spoiler

what happens in COIE but MG is being MG and acting like she doesnt exist...which is waste for the first 8 episodes of this season.

CW sound people, you have failed your audience.  I was not impressed that the sound dropped out several times, and especially at the more emotional moments. 

Sadly, I'll be in an area with no cable next week so will only catch up on the episodes on the cw website the next day if I'm lucky.  But after seeing the trailer this morning, they are going for broke making this their Avengers: Endgame.  

I liked this episode, for the most part. I still feel like there's some time being wasted with what is presumably Oliver's final hours, but they still allowed for some excellent moments with Oliver's goodbyes to his friends and family.

Some excellent scenes between Oliver/Diggle, Oliver/Mia, and Oliver/William (the latter, I wish there was a little bit more of). 

I like Mia's explanation as to why she's been so angry. I like her coming around. Kat played Mia very well in that final scene with Oliver. You could see that she truly softened up with how gentle she was portraying Mia. 

RIP Roy's arm. That's a brutal way to lose an arm, but I'm glad Roy seems to be alright.

Seeing some of Oliver's old enemies and Yao Fei was really fun.

Dinah and Rene were...there. Laurel wasn't too bad. 

I liked Lyla's scene with Diggle, but I don't blame him for being a bit upset with her. But now, it looks like she's in full on Crisis mode. I hope she manages to get out of this alive.

Overall, I wish we got more Dad!Oliver. I feel like we barely got any, but at least we did get a little bit. 

• Love 4

Did Connor get his bag from Mary Poppins? How did he pull that sword out of there?

Roy loses an arm...meh. Dinah and Rene...meh.

The Oliver and Laurel scenes are more amusing than rage inducing for me. They still look like two characters who don’t know what they are doing in a scene together. 

This season is all Oliver/William/Mia for me. I miss Felicity so much 😩.

• Love 5

On the one hand, it was kinda/mostly nice to have this ten episode retrospective tour visit Lian Yu, given how central it was to the show in four of the first five seasons. And I guess it was nice to remind us that the flashbacks in season four sorta had a point/an attempt to explain just why every evil person ever ended up on that island at one point or another (including a Batwoman villain, apparently). And it was great to see the only flashback villains who actually had a nice, solid "this is why we are here" plot, ridiculous as that plot was at the time.

And it was also nice to have an episode that completely freed up Arrow's usual soundstage spaces for the other shows - plus shooting Crisis - which I suspect was the main motivation for this entire episode.

But on the other hand, this episode seemed like a particularly roundabout way for the Monitor to get....whatever he was monitoring/needing. And given that they were all, supposedly, on a bit of a time crunch, sending ghosts to distract Oliver and Friends and shoot Roy, Dinah and Rene out of the sky did not seem, how to put this, particularly efficient.

Also, Lyla's motivation for trusting the Monitor seems....weak, to put it mildly, and unlike Lyla. I can't help but think seasons 1 -7 Lyla would have asked questions, like, a lot of them, instead of saying, well, hmm, unfortunately I do have the same name as Harbinger in the comics, so, yeah, we're going with this.

On the third hand, Yao Fei patiently set the nets on fire 🙂

• Love 5

Well, I guess this is the ending we're getting before THE END. I didn't get much from it because I've forgotten most of the first season, and I don't watch the episodes when TNT occasionally airs them. I kept waiting on Malcolm because he did (supposedly) get blown up on Lian Yu a few seasons ago. Oh, well.

Hi, Roy! Sorry about the arm! Isn't the one-armed archer a semi-recurring trope in DC Comics?

As much as the flash-forward stuff bugged last season, I'd be okay with William and Mia coming back in some form. I'm thinking they could be Legends.

Lyla achieves her canon-dictated destiny. The uniform looks spiffy. I don't think the original Harbinger look by George Perez would have worked in any form in 2019.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 4

This Oliver going to die and everybody saying goodbye bullshit almost hit  in the feels.  Then I got pissed off. I'm not going to be able to watch the crisis crap.  I just despise Density.  I didn't stutter, either. Somebody having a horrible density where they have to die just makes me enraged at the Governor cutting off Hershel's head levels of wrath and ire. If that even makes sense. 

I would have normally loved the nice bonding moments if it wasn't all gloom and doom.

• LOL 1

Popping in to say that I love that Yao Fei was there, and got to fight alongside Team Arrow.  Also that he mentioned that Shado's spirit lives on in Oliver.

Oliver doesn't become Green Arrow, without Yao Fei and Shado.  So Team Arrow is never formed without Yao Fei and Shado.  That's part of their legacies, they were the foundation of Team Arrow.  So to see Yao Fei get to fight alongside the team, was great.  Too bad that Shado wasn't there, had she been there, that means Team Arrow would have fought alongside Yao Fei, Shado, and Slade.  Three foundations of Team Arrow.

• Love 2

Yao Fei saying “We wouldn’t be in these nets if you’d breathed” made me wish for an Anatoly and Yao Fei scene. They would’ve driven Oliver crazy.

Sorry your friends didn’t think of getting a lever sooner, Roy. Seriously. The kids from Stranger Things would’ve had that handled in like a minute.

I liked seeing Conner and Lyla bond. They’ve emphasized his connection to Diggle so much more, I’ve been half convinced Lyla died in Crisis.

I was hoping Lyla had been working with The Monitor since the beginning and possibly had some cosmic knowledge herself (and she’s still mad at you, Barry!). But that seems to not be the case. I would’ve liked for her work at ARGUS to have factored in more, like “Oh, I thought we were supposed to recruit this King Shark guy, turns out it’s Aquaman we need, whoops, my bad.”

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

Did Connor get his bag from Mary Poppins? How did he pull that sword out of there?

He’s a Gryffindor?

• Love 3

I'm actually surprised the show remembered Yao Fei, since he usually gets pushed to the side when Lian Yu is referenced, for the likes of Shado, Slade, or Sara.  So, this was a pleasant surprise!  Byron Mann is always welcomed and seemed to jump right back into the character.

This episode was definitely about Oliver getting to say final good-byes to those he cares about.  Of course, I laughed over how quickly his farewells where to Rene and Dinah, but his stuff with William and Mia were great.  But, of course, the one that hit hardest was his scene with Diggle.  Their bond really is one of the strongest ones here, as Diggle was the first to learn of his identity once he came back to Star City, and has been his rock since the beginning (baring that one season where he seemed to get taken over by a pod person.  I'll just pretend like that didn't happen!)  Plus, it seemed obvious that Stephen Amell and David Ramsey were really feeling this good-bye as actors as well.  I'll miss seeing these two together.

Ouch, Roy is down an arm!  Good thing Connor had that medkit and machinate with him!  Although, at least Roy has already recovered enough to make amusing quips whenever things messed up at the end.

So, Lyla ends up going into a portal at the end, and comes back right when Crisis starts?  And she calls herself The Harbinger now?  Hmm...

Next week (or, really, Sunday) is going to get interesting!

• Love 5

What do they teach y'all in America for the volume of a sphere to be impressive knowledge? 😭😂

I'm over the emotional torture. I've been over it for a while but the previous episode left a bad taste in my mouth. This one was MILES better because they balanced out the doom and gloom with family interactions. I liked Oliver's goodbye to his kids. Seeing Mia's shell completely crack in their last scene was amazing. Kudos to Kat for the little moment where she's crying in his arms and the moment they part, she tries to put on a smile for him. Ben's delivery of "that's fair" was on point. I love him. There's also a sense of familiarity between Diggle and Connor that feels like they've been playing father & son for a while but I'm glad they finally gave us time with Lyla. 

If there ever was a definition of BAD fanservice, it was cutting Roy's arm off.

Spoiler

We won't see him again except maybe for the finale or am I wrong?

Useless brutal violence against a character because there won't be any emotional repercussions to this plot. If I still cared about the character, I'd be fuming in the writers mentions but like Colton said, enjoy comics fans!

Edited by RS3
spoiler
  • Love 6

I had to laugh at how urgent it was for Dinah to save Roy until she runs into NotLaurel and then her ugency completely goes away whilst they casually catch up with what is happening. That was some really bad acting by both KC and JH.  Ialso didn't understand why NotLaurel didn't try to Canary screech to a resonance that would weaken they metal so they could get through it. Why have NotLaurel even near the  scene. So dumb.

I thought the directing was bad in this episode. Even though I like a heroes line up it was way too much posing when the group met up with ZombieFiers.

Oliver and NotLaurel scenes feel completely forced.

Overall even though I cheered when Yao Fei showed up, and cried during the goodbyes, I think it was the weakest ep of the season.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I thought the directing was bad in this episode. Even though I like a heroes line up it was way too much posing when the group met up with ZombieFiers.

No surprise that the director was BamBam, then. Which I figured out when I started feeling the same nausea during the fight scenes as I usually do with his episodes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

A bunch of other small things I liked about the episode beyond the obvious stuff--

• SA pitched his voice a bit higher with some of his scenes with Yao Fei so it could have that s1 flashback vibe, idk I liked that touch
  • I laughed at the fact that the Monitor can teleport people places and has done it now multiple times with different people, but, no, in this case Lyla had to get Argus to kidnap Diggle and FTA and Dinah had to fly a plane to get them there instead
  • I'm glad William agrees that he needs to be protected
  • Connor called Lyla "Mom" and they clarified that they weren't part of the loop, so him calling her "Lyla" last week wasn't like a continuity error. Also, yay for the Diggle Family Moment
  • "Might as well go out with a bang" The writers basically giving Mia the comic GA's in the field snarkiness makes me laugh 
  • Love 4

Although much better than last week's episode, this episode still seemed oddly pointless to me - like more filler until the crossover. Still, I enjoyed watching it.

The last time most of these people were on Lian Yu together, Black Siren had helped Adrian Chase kidnap them along with William's bio mom (Samantha), she tortured Rene, and Samantha died on the island. Yet once again, no mention of that loss, no apology from this Laurel, no tension between William and Laurel, nothing.

I hate night-time fighting scenes that are filmed so dark that I have trouble seeing what's going on and who's fighting who. Btw, it was nice of the Monitor and ARGUS agents to transport the team's superhero suits and weapons to Lian Yu as well, so they could suit up.

Although this final season has been unexpectedly enjoyable to watch (for the most part), a lot of the episodes just seem like fan service designed to please (or appease) as many fans as possible. Other than that, the plots have been weak and the connections to Crisis have seemed contrived.

Foreshadowing?

Oliver: "The first thing you taught me - shengcun, survive. Well, I can't do that anymore." 
Yao Fei: "Shengcun is more than body. It is spirit, what lives on. Like I did in Shado. Like she does in you. That is survive."

Definite foreshadowing...

Mia: "Thank you for letting me be a part of your story, even if it was only for a little while."
Oliver: "Mia, something tells me you're gonna create your own stories."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I guess the fact that the show is ending is really hitting me, because I had actual tears during this episode. Oliver having to say goodbye to his kids and Dig, plus the scenes of William and Mia talking about not wanting to lose their dad and having to come to terms with it, and Diggles increased desperation at wanting to change fate and guilt at feeling like he couldn't save Oliver all just killed me dead. Its all just so freaking sad, but they really are taking advantage of all of this to wring some real pathos out of the end of the series. 

Seeing Yao Fei was awesome, and as I've said before, I really love the tour of Oliver's past and him getting to see a lot of his old friends and allys again (including the dead ones!) and am glad that Yao Fei got to come back, as I feel like he too often gets forgotten after all of the Slade and Shado drama. I liked him saying how he lived on in Shado and they both live on in him and they will all live on in Oliver team and his kids. I also felt like SA was kind of channeling season 1 flashback Oliver, especially his confused looks and kind of pouty expressions at being called out, which I found to be hilarious. 

I still find Lyla just totally trusting The Monitor to be weird and a bit OOC for her, especially how unemotional she seems to be about it. Like, yeah she is doing all of this for the Greater Good and has had a lot of time to think on it, but she is still lying to her husband and she knows that she is working to an endgame where his best friend/one of her friends is going to die. I actually like that Diggle is still mad at her, because even if her intentions are good, she is still hiding things, and is still basically like "Yeah, I have been working to create events that will save the world...but your best friend has to die, and I have to make that happen. Sucks." 

Everything with Oliver and the kids was golden, I would honestly have been happy if it was just them and the Diggles on the island (plus Roy could have kept his arm!) dealing with all of their stuff. I loved Mia running out to try and find Oliver on the island, thats just such an Oliver move, and her talk with William about she couldn't let him die, especially now that she knows him, and William saying how he isnt fine with any of this but wants to spend his last days with his dad spending time with him and not being angry just hit me right in the feels. The hugs with both kids were wonderful, Oliver just gives the best hugs it looks like. The talk with Diggle hit me really hard too, especially him saying that we wouldn't leave Oliver for as long as possible, Oliver telling him again what he has meant to him and asking him to make sure that William and Mia are rasied together, and them hugging. Except for that one season where Diggle was replaced by a pod person, they've always had one of the strongest relationships in the whole show. 

Rene and Dinah...were around I guess, not sure why exactly. And I really liked that scene where they mentioned how the last time they were all there that Not Laurel was working to kill them and OH LOL NOPE we just get more awkward talks with her and Oliver, but I guess its better than her trash talking Oliver to Mia because "snarky" or whatever. 

Poor Roy, him losing his arm at this point just seems mean and uncalled for. But I guess its better than what happened to poor comic book Roy where 

Spoiler

His arm was hacked off by a villain, then his daughter died in a terror attack right after, he relapsed into drugs, and then pretty much went insane. 

So its better than that at least. Not sure why Dinah couldn't just use her canary cry to get the stuff off of Roy's arm or they couldn't come up with a levy or something, but what do I know? 

Dad Oliver is the best thing ever and I am so horribly sad that we get so little of it. Damn it, Oliver was clearly meant to be a dad, making his kids diner and telling them dad jokes and giving super big snuggly hugs and ITS NOT FAIR!

• Love 11

So they just truly decided to pretend like William's biological mother didn't actually die on the island and that Black Siren wasn't instrumental in that happening? I mean, they made a point of having Not Laurel say multiple times that she hated the island as if she'd been a victim of it. And William acted like he hadn't experienced some serious childhood trauma there what with beind kidnapped, his mother's death, and watching Adrian Chase shoot himself in front of him. Okay. (Of course it's possible that all got reset and I missed it? I haven't been paying super close attention this season, I have to admit.)

Teared up at the good-byes at the end. SA/Oliver and Diggle, the kids is giving me all the feels. Mia saying, "I should have been proud of you" was so touching to me. That was a wonderful scene. 

Everyone striding purposely and slowly out of the woods after Freyer mocked Oliver for being alone made me laugh. You sure don't want to have the element of surprise when going up against an enemy!

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, bethy said:

So they just truly decided to pretend like William's biological mother didn't actually die on the island and that Black Siren wasn't instrumental in that happening? I mean, they made a point of having Not Laurel say multiple times that she hated the island as if she'd been a victim of it. And William acted like he hadn't experienced some serious childhood trauma there what with beind kidnapped, his mother's death, and watching Adrian Chase shoot himself in front of him. Okay. (Of course it's possible that all got reset and I missed it? I haven't been paying super close attention this season, I have to admit.)

No, it wasn’t reset, it’s just that Arrow likes to remain super vague about Laurel’s past crimes.

• Love 4

I was trying to work out why I reacted negatively to this episode and to this series. And it suddenly hit me (and it's related to the conversation we had last week about the bottle episode).

This whole season is basically about Oliver saying goodbye and this episode was essentially a nostalgia tour (again) so all the scenes should have resonated. Stephen Amell is knocking it out of the park and even Katherine MacNamara's hack attempts at acting didn't ruin her moments. 

But I suddenly realised what it is that has annoyed me about this show for a while now - the whole vehicle (and the character of Arrow) is being sacrificed on the altar of the larger franchise. None of what's happening is about Arrow, the show, the character, the story. Everything is about the spinoffs and the franchise shows generally. 

The more I think about it, the more I agree that the one character in this franchise who shouldn't be saying goodbye while he prepares to die "for the greater good" is Oliver Queen. It's completely against what the show was about and the narrative progression. And so I mostly just got impatient throughout this episode and have now worked out why.

Having said all that, William is like the best bits of Oliver and Felicity all rolled up into one delightful little package. And if he was going to be in one of the spinoffs I may even be convinced to watch a few episodes. 

• Love 2

IIRC, MG said that there was going to be a Season 8 even before they decided on the Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover. I'm not sure that I believe him.

This final season has been nothing but lead-up to Crisis, interspersed with tons of fan service - from the "Pretty Bird" mention in 801 to Roy losing his arm in this episode - not to mention the Oliver/GA and E2 Laurel/BC team-ups in the past two episodes.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, AudienceofOne said:

But I suddenly realised what it is that has annoyed me about this show for a while now - the whole vehicle (and the character of Arrow) is being sacrificed on the altar of the larger franchise. None of what's happening is about Arrow, the show, the character, the story. Everything is about the spinoffs and the franchise shows generally. 

It's been like that since s2 so for basically 6 years, so I've accepted it. At least they did give some great moments in the middle of all of the propping work, yeah.

5 minutes ago, tv echo said:

IIRC, MG said that there was going to be a Season 8 even before they decided on the Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover. I'm not sure that I believe him.

I definitely believe there was going to be a s8 before they decided on Crisis, since it was pretty clear CW wanted Arrow to continue on for a long time. I just don't think that it was dead set on a SA-led Arrow for s8. Then Crisis and SA agreeing to come back for a shorten final s8 came into play and that's what made s8 what it is.  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

No, it wasn’t reset, it’s just that Arrow likes to remain super vague about Laurel’s past crimes.

Right. Man, this show and its ability to ignore the crappy behavior of some its characters.

Like when Oliver thanked Dinah and Rene for “always” supporting him. 🙄🤢😡 If Roy hadn’t been on that plane I totally would have cheered when that missile took it down. Even so I may have clapped a little in the hopes that two of the characters on it might be dead.

• Love 6

Also this whole Crisis thing is just so absurdly comic book and Arrow is the one vehicle that was trying for more verisimilitude in its portrayal of superheroes. That ending scene in particular, "I AM NOW THE HARBINGER, LOOK AT MY SILLY OUTFIT, THE CRISIS HAS BEGUN".

I know it jettisoned all of this years ago but I think this ending is bringing everything home. I should probably move this to the All Seasons Thread now. 

4 hours ago, bethy said:

Like when Oliver thanked Dinah and Rene for “always” supporting him. 🙄🤢😡 If Roy hadn’t been on that plane I totally would have cheered when that missile took it down. Even so I may have clapped a little in the hopes that two of the characters on it might be dead.

I seriously rolled my eyes at that. They literally stabbed him in the back repeatedly only a little while ago. And then they demanded he apologise to them.

• Love 3

Laurel should always be screaming in action scenes not fighting. I don't know why but there is never a good transition between KCR and the stunt double. That wasn't helped by the overall miss of  direction. I do like snark Laurel well enough but Oliver doesn't deserve any of that from her.

I enjoyed the episode though. Stephen has had me in tears all season. This episode, him with Diggle and the kids really got me again. I also liked William&Mia and the Diggle family.

• Love 3

807 (Purgatory) – No Felicity Smoak.

807 (Purgatory) – Oliver Queen’s voiceover intro:
Oliver (voiceover): “The name of the island they found me on is Lian Yu. It's Mandarin for Purgatory. Now I understand why. The memories, the pain, I've never escaped them. They're always with me, a reminder of what I had to endure with only one thought, one goal - survive. To save the multiverse, I must become something else. To do that, I have to return to where my journey began - Purgatory."

807 (Purgatory) – Rene calls Dinah “Black Canary”:
Rene: "I shouldn't be surprised the Black Canary knows how to fly." 
Dinah: "Flying's easy. Landing's the hard part... Kidding... There it is. Purgatory."

807 (Purgatory) - DELETED SCENE: Although his right arm is now amputated, Roy Harper can still use a gun:
(Lyla and Adult William are in what looks like an underground A.R.G.U.S. facility. Adult William is working on his electronic notebook, while Lyla paces back and forth. They hear a sound. Lyla pulls out her gun and moves in front of Adult William.)
Lyla: "Stay behind me."
(Roy enters.)
Lyla (lowering her gun): "Roy. (Sighs in relief) You need to rest."
Roy: "I can't use a bow. But I can use this. (Pulls out a gun) How's it going?"
Adult William: "I'm finishing now."

807 (Purgatory) – Mia reminds Adult William that she was also raised by Felicity:
Adult William: "Building this weapon with 2019 tech may actually kill me. I miss the future."
Mia: "What's this?"
Adult William: "Those are very volatile dwarf star particles that could level an entire city - or island."
Mia: "All right. What can I do to help, huh?"
Adult William: "Well, do you know how to calculate the volume of a sphere?"
Mia: "Four-thirds pi times radius cubed. I was raised by Felicity, too, remember?"
Adult William: "Right. Well, do you know what the Pauli Exclusion Principle of quantum physics is?"
Mia: "Didn't pay that much attention."
Adult William: "Well, then that pretty much takes you out of the running of helping me in any meaningful way. Damn, I'm going to need a wire stripper. These are the most complicated coding and design sequences I have ever seen, and I'm including 2040 when I say 'ever.' (Looks over at Mia) It's not like you to hide out in the bunker and miss out on all the action. Still mad at Dad?"
Mia: "It's his life. He can do whatever he wants with it, right? Always has."
Adult William: "You're being a bit harsh, don't you think?"
Mia: "And you are being a bit chill, don't you think? I was right all along. Yeah. He has always been a hero first and a dad second. We never should have trusted him."
Adult William: "Mia."
Mia: "I'm getting your wire stripper."

807 (Purgatory) – Adult William and Mia have a heart-to-heart conversation about their father:
Mia: "Get out of my way!"
Adult William: "Uh-umm."
Mia: "William."
Adult William: "Look. It is okay for you to be afraid of losing him, especially after the way you left things."
Mia: "You don't know what you're talking about."
Adult William: "This is exactly what happened with Felicity. You were angry with her, but you still wanted to save her."
Mia: "I'm not just going to sit here and do nothing, okay? I will not leave him alone out there. I - I will not... let him die. I let myself believe for just - just a minute that I could actually have my dad."
Adult William: "Look. When I was a kid, I spent a lot of time pushing him away, because I never thought that I could lose him, and then he disappeared."
Mia: "Yeah. Now we might lose him again. How are you so calm about this?"
Adult William: "I'm not. But when I was little, Felicity had me down in that bunker, watching Dad out in the field, and I saw that he could cheat death more than anyone. But if this really is the end, I don't want to waste the time that I have left with him being angry. Do you?"

807 (Purgatory) – Yao Fei explains to Oliver what “survive” means:
Oliver: "The first thing you taught me - shengcun, survive. Well, I can't do that anymore." 
Yao Fei: "Shengcun is more than body. It is spirit. What lives on. Like I did in Shado. Like she does in you. That is survive."
Oliver: "How do I do that?"
Yao Fei: "You live now, with your children, with the time you have left."

807 (Purgatory) – Adult William tries to give the hōzen stone first to Roy, and then to Oliver, but they both want him to keep it:
Adult William (holding out the hōzen stone): "You know, when Felicity gave this to me, she told me it was a symbol of reconnection. She was right."
Oliver: "She normally is. No, you keep it. William, what you were able to do, you're a hero."
Adult William: "Well, I had a pretty good example."
Oliver: "It means a lot to me that I've had a chance to - to see the type of man you've become. I hope you'll forgive me for lots of things, eventually."
Adult William: "Dad, I already have. I mean, I know for you I only left a year ago. For me, it's been 20 years. And back then, when I was a kid, I didn't understand what it meant to fight for something bigger than yourself. But now I do, and I'm really proud of you, Dad."
Oliver: "Not as proud as I am of you."
Adult William: "I'm gonna hug you now."
Oliver: "You better."
(They hug.)

807 (Purgatory) – Oliver asks Diggle for two favors:
Oliver: "I feel like I'm always asking you for favors."
Diggle: "Anything you need, Oliver. Always."
Oliver: "I need those kids back in 2040, somehow, some way, before whatever's gonna happen happens."
Diggle: "Yeah. I was thinking about the same thing. I'll make sure they get home safe."
Oliver: "One more thing. When this is over, track down Felicity and... just tell her that I don't want Mia and William kept separated. I think that they deserve to grow up with each other."
Diggle: "I'll tell her. You know, Oliver, I once told you a long time ago that a soldier never lets a brother go into battle alone. I think that's why it was so hard for me to accept the idea that you weren't gonna make it out of this. I felt like I'd be failing you."
Oliver: "You could never fail me, John."
Diggle: "I'm gonna stick by your side for as long as I can, but I know you have to do this alone."
Oliver: "Every mission has an end."
Diggle: "I wish this one didn't."
Oliver: "I couldn't have done any of this, any of it, without you. You've always been my rock."
Diggle: "Don't you mean the best man you've ever known?"
Oliver: "I also mean that."
(They hug.)

807 (Purgatory) – Oliver and Mia have a heart-to-heart conversation while still on Lian Yu:
Mia: "Uh, William said I might find you here."
Oliver: "Figured you'd be the first one on the boat. You okay?"
Mia: "My whole life, I heard nothing but stories about you. You know, this legendary Green Arrow and his team. I should've been proud of you because you were a hero, and... all I could see is that that is the reason that you weren't with me, and it's - it's kind of hard to let that go."
Oliver: "I never meant to cause you any pain. Your mom and me just wanted to protect you."
Mia: "I know. I, uh - I understand that now."
Oliver: "Okay. For a very long time, I have hated this place. Just - I'd think about all the people that it took from me. It would just make me so angry."
Mia: "But you're not now?"
Oliver: "I'm still a little bit angry. This island taught me to survive. It turned me into someone else, somebody better than the person I was before. So despite my feelings, there are no stories about the Green Arrow to tell if I don't make my way to Lian Yu, and I'm also not standing at this moment looking at my daughter."
Mia: "Thank you for letting me be a part of your story, even if it was only for a little while."
Oliver: "Mia, something tells me you're gonna create your own stories."
(They hug.)

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

I've transcribed the 807 deleted scene from the Arrow S8 blu-ray and added it to my above transcriptions...

807 (Purgatory) - DELETED SCENE: Although his right arm is now amputated, Roy Harper can still use a gun:
(Lyla and Adult William are in what looks like an underground A.R.G.U.S. facility. Adult William is working on his electronic notebook, while Lyla paces back and forth. They hear a sound. Lyla pulls out her gun and moves in front of Adult William.)
Lyla: "Stay behind me."
(Roy enters.)
Lyla (lowering her gun): "Roy. (Sighs in relief) You need to rest."
Roy: "I can't use a bow. But I can use this. (Pulls out a gun) How's it going?"
Adult William: "I'm finishing now."

Edited by tv echo