Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/25/2019

Was-MArsenault
  • Start Topic

Monday: Actor Tim Allen; hot items at affordable prices

Tuesday: Actor LL Cool J; actress Arica Himmel

Wednesday: Hot Topics; performance from "Disney On Ice"

Thursday: Actor Michael Douglas (repeat)

Friday: Actress Jamie Lee Curtis; actor Mark Ruffalo; lawyer Robert Bilott (repeat)

Edited by MikaelaArsenault
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

She loves talking about the optics of things, but because Linsdey Graham is involved, she doesn't want to talk about it. If this were a Dem doing this to a vet, she'd be screaming into the abyss about it. 

Yes if any Democrat had done this she would be mad as hell.

• Love 23

Dear Sunny, statistics* also show that more break ups occur because of jealousy than extra marital affairs.

*Ok I made that up but she’s being ridiculous. The other day my husband told me about 2 women friends who gave him a hug and kiss. I’m not worrying and neither should Sunny. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I'm shocked that it's not all repeats this week.  I would have guessed they'd take the full week off.  Fri is a repeat although it's not stated.

Tim Allen, ugh.  Go away.

3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I agree. He stopped being enjoyable years ago.

I find him to be funny in my opinion, and Home Improvement is one of my favorite shows.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, GladysCravits said:

’ve disliked Tim Allen since I watched him, two different times, disparage both of his daughters looks when they were just children.  

He's somewhat like Patty Heaton for me in that I've liked a lot of their work while despising their politics.  The big difference between the two though is I feel like Heaton is probably a nice person in real life while Allen seems like a giant tool (appropriately I guess).  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I recall just recently when Nutmeg went off the rails in her defense of veterans.   She nearly stroked out over it.   But this particular veteran who had questions for her precious Uncle Lindsey that he didn't want to hear and just dismissed the man???   Meggie's just fine with that.   Disrespect shown to that veteran didn't bother her at all, since defending him would mean criticizing Uncle Linds.    What a fricking hypocite she is.   She better not EVER rant and rave about her love of vets ever ever again.   EVER.

Meghan's middle name is hypocrite. 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I know it annoys Meg when she doesn’t have time to speak before going to commercial but it makes me laugh. Yeah, if you insist on having the last word that’s going to happen. I hope the others continue to have a conversation every day while Meg sits quietly waiting her turn (dot dot dot) and then the time runs out. 

Yeah, it's not like she does not get a chance to voice her opinion earlier before the break.  Such a spoiled brat.

• Love 20
19 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Yeah, it's not like she does not get a chance to voice her opinion earlier before the break.  Such a spoiled brat.

Ugh last week Meghan nastily told Sunny to let her speak, and Sunny had to remind her she spoke a lot. Why she thinks what she has to say is so much more important is beyond me. 

Regarding female friends, I’m sorry but I don’t think men and women can be close friends most of the time. Every straight male I’ve gotten close to has hit on me. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, PennyPlain said:

He's somewhat like Patty Heaton for me in that I've liked a lot of their work while despising their politics.  The big difference between the two though is I feel like Heaton is probably a nice person in real life while Allen seems like a giant tool (appropriately I guess).  

No, she's not. 

• Love 17
11 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:
12 hours ago, Haleth said:

Tim Allen, ugh.  Go away.

I agree. He stopped being enjoyable years ago.

I'm happy for Tim that at least some found him enjoyable at one time.

2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Regarding female friends, I’m sorry but I don’t think men and women can be close friends most of the time. Every straight male I’ve gotten close to has hit on me. 

I've always had close male friends and if/when they hit on me (in my much younger days) I just let them know how disappointed I was.  The friendships continued...but these were all from elementary/high school days.  I live in my hometown...well, in the next city over.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

She better not EVER rant and rave about her love of vets ever ever again.

She means VETS as a generic voting bloc ... not individual men and women who have personalities, needs, and opinions.

• Love 17
8 hours ago, rcc said:

I understand why Meghan might be conflicted where Graham is concerned but why all the apologies.

And it's not like this is the FIRST time...or the SECOND...or the...................

We get it!  We got it!   

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

Meghan needs to stop with her obsession with showing “respect” to veterans, especially because I think it has more to do with her lionizing her late father rather than some principled belief about veterans. They’re people just like the respect of us.

Thst said, I think she saw this stunt for what it was. His being a veteran had nothing to do with his opinion about Trump. And especially with everything going on right now, nobody has time for antics. So I think that’s why Lindsay bailed. Of course it looks like he was “disrespecting” a veteran, but I think the guy was probably on some bullshit and just wanted to have a moment on camera. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

And it's not like this is the FIRST time...or the SECOND...or the...................

We get it!  We got it!   

MM..three words for ya....'I Recuse Myself'.  Then you'd never have to address again. Isnt that how the Reps do it?  Lol

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, 27bored said:

Meghan needs to stop with her obsession with showing “respect” to veterans, especially because I think it has more to do with her lionizing her late father rather than some principled belief about veterans. They’re people just like the respect of us.

Thst said, I think she saw this stunt for what it was. His being a veteran had nothing to do with his opinion about Trump. And especially with everything going on right now, nobody has time for antics. So I think that’s why Lindsay bailed. Of course it looks like he was “disrespecting” a veteran, but I think the guy was probably on some bullshit and just wanted to have a moment on camera. 

Yeah i could see that.  Or maybe he saw a chance and took it.  It didnt seem like he was reciting anything, like he practiced. It sounded off the top of his head.  Graham was in a no win sitch,  and plus arent they on a time limit?  So he probably had to haul ass just to get back there.  Would have been nice if he had conveyed that to the Vet though.  Two seconds to say Im Sorry, I have to get back to Chambers.  Anything.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, 27bored said:

Seriously! I think you're absolutely right that it's about her father/family. Not bringing up your appreciation of veterans at the slightest provocation and not looking at them all as saints doesn't mean you don't appreciate their service. Her romanticizing the military is so old, and she's not the only one on the panel who has military service in her family. The others just don't bring up their family members and their achievements in the frequent manner MM does.  

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Which is fine, your view isn't my view etc etc.

'And thats why we all can get along as adult best friends who are allowed to voice their opinions'  ding ding ding (bell reappears) 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Monday: Actor Tim Allen; hot items at affordable prices

Tuesday: Actor LL Cool J; actress Arica Himmel

Wednesday: Hot Topics; performance from "Disney On Ice"

Thursday: Actor Michael Douglas (repeat)

Friday: Actress Jamie Lee Curtis; actor Mark Ruffalo; lawyer Robert Bilott (repeat)

Much as i love JLC, if they're going to show a repeat, maybe show one from a month ago, not five days ago.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Much as i love JLC, if they're going to show a repeat, maybe show one from a month ago, not five days ago.

Some areas, like mine, didn't show that episode. For me they showed the episode from May where they discuss Ben Carson hearing oreo instead of REO.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, falltime said:

Some areas, like mine, didn't show that episode. For me they showed the episode from May where they discuss Ben Carson hearing oreo instead of REO.

Oh ok, i dont mind then.  Im usually doing something anyway and not paying too much attention.  Spoiler alert:  watch JLC give MM the side eye of ridiculousness towards the end of the interview. MM asked some question and thats when JLC looks at her like wtf. I dont recall the question but i think it was something that was already asked but differently.  It turned upbeat again at the end.she is a classy smart lady, i like her a lot (JLC) 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I think maybe only the Eastern time zone got to see the JLC episode while the committee was on a break.  ABC slipped it in.  My son and his gf had tickets to see a sneak preview of Knives Out last night and I'm anxious to hear how they liked it.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I'm happy for Tim that at least some found him enjoyable at one time.

It was the Santa Clause movies. But that had more to do with the supporting cast than him.

16 hours ago, PennyPlain said:

Allen seems like a giant tool (appropriately I guess).  

That is the perfect way to describe him. He seems like that guy who is real loud in a bar. Making comments about every woman who walks in.

And Tim if you have to preface a joke by explaining the words you are going to  use aren't meant to be offensive those words you use are going to be offensive.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20

They're not allowed to say the word hymen? What?

Too bad Sunny couldn't finish what she was saying because that's what T.I. actually said in the initial interview. He wanted the gynecologist to check whether his daughter's hymen was still intact and despite being told that the hymen can be broken due to a number of reasons, he still remained ignorant. Pretty disturbing and disgusting. I'm sad for his daughter. 

And why does Meghan have to bring herself into the conversation? Just why? Can she talk about anything without bringing up herself or her dad?

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 17

Ok, this is bizarre. The convo about some rapper I never heard of checking his daughter’s virginity is suddenly about Meg. It has to be the most convoluted way she’s ever turned a story back to herself ever. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Ok, this is bizarre. The convo about some rapper I never heard of checking his daughter’s virginity is suddenly about Meg. It has to be the most convoluted way she’s ever turned a story back to herself ever. 

Since the clip of her father was all ready to go, I'm assuming that hot topic was done specifically for Meghan, in order for her to show that clip.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:23 AM, Axie said:

Meghan is always ALWAYS screaming about respect for veterans, but, when Uncle Lindsey disrespects one, it’s the vet’s fault.  Hmmmm.

We already knew she doesn’t really stand for anything or anyone.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:36 AM, JayD83 said:

She definitely inferred that it was his fault.  She started talking about how people looking for media attention would ambush her dad in the Senate hall.  She basically said that's what this guy was doing. 

Exactly. She didn’t want to talk about it—except to say that the veteran must’ve had bad intentions. What a patriot!

21 hours ago, cinsays said:

I can’t say I’m surprised by that. McCain wants us to know she is a VICTIM being “silenced” first and foremost—even if that’s at odds with reality.

I forgot to post yesterday, so just wanted to say yesterday's first segment was so much fun. I think Sunny’s words about Biden apparently not being considered a viable candidate by many is what really pushed McCain over the edge (I love Sunny; you know she did it on purpose). Missy wanted the segment over right then and was folding her arms like a child by the end.

As for today.... Zzzzz  I'm glad Joy showed her blatant disinterest in the BS they're talking about. It's not like Whoopi or McCain have ever felt bad about shitting on a topic they're discussing before.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

As for today.... Zzzzz  I'm glad Joy showed her blatant disinterest in the BS they're talking about. It's not like Whoopi or McCain have ever felt bad about shitting on a topic they're discussing before.

Like Sunny’s novel?  MM “why is this taking the whole segment?”  And Whoopi- I wish Sunny would let her have it sometime 

• Love 8