Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/25/2019

Was-MArsenault
  • Start Topic

What was so weird is that Sunny talked that long about her novel when it won't be out until June.  I doubt you can pre-order it 7 months early.  Is she hoping people will gift it for Christmas anyway?    

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I keep telling myself I'm gonna watch it and always forget. It's over already? 

She said tonight is the finale.  I've watched it and it's pretty much like all the other crime shows on that channel except it seems to be about 70% commercials.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Damn, Sunny wrote a novel? The devil works hard but she works harder. Impressive.

edit: I was thinking of the actual devil when I made this post, but you could substitute "Meghan McCain" for "The devil" and the meaning would be unchanged.

Edited by heysmilinstrange
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, lusinia said:

What was so weird is that Sunny talked that long about her novel when it won't be out until June.  I doubt you can pre-order it 7 months early.  Is she hoping people will gift it for Christmas anyway?    

I looked on Amazon and yes, you can preorder. $22.75.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I like Sunny's show on ID. It is similar to the other shows on that channel but I watch all those too, 🤷🏽‍♀️ I like Sunny so why not watch her show as well🙂. Why the hell were Whoopi and Meghan such bitches towards Sunny?Obviously that segment was Sunny's segment to promote her other projects,  I doubt sunny hijacked the segment.  We have to sit through  Meghan promoting her book. And let's not forget the endless promos for WG joke of a book. And sweaters. 

I wonder why they never talked about the topics that they claimed were coming up? Hmm.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Ok, this is bizarre. The convo about some rapper I never heard of checking his daughter’s virginity is suddenly about Meg. It has to be the most convoluted way she’s ever turned a story back to herself ever. 

Lol! I haven’t watched today’s episode yet. I’m so curious how she managed to make this topic about her.

TI is really disturbing about his daughter’s sex life. That poor girl. 

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I looked on Amazon and yes, you can preorder. $22.75.

I should have looked there.  I wasn't sure I remembered the release date correctly, so to check I googled "Sunny Hostin's novel", and the only thing that came up was her non-fiction book. 

1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Didn't Meghan do this during the summer...promote a book she wrote that will be released next year?

I bet competitive Sunny will be watching the numbers to see who sells more!

1 hour ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Damn, Sunny wrote a novel? The devil works hard but she works harder. Impressive.

edit: I was thinking of the actual devil when I made this post, but you could substitute "Meghan McCain" for "The devil" and the meaning would be unchanged.

Except Meghan doesn't work hard.

30 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I'm still thinking it is taped show and that was filler.

I agree that the show was all fluff. They even jokingly picked on Joy for bringing up Trump. But that clip of TI was from yesterday's Red Table Talk. Kim K's quote about her bikini pics was also from an interview that came out yesterday. So I don't think this show was prerecorded. They just decided to play nice for Thanksgiving (except when Sunny wants to plug her book.)

1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I wonder why they never talked about the topics that they claimed were coming up? Hmm.

What did they skip? I didnt notice. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I agree that the show was all fluff. They even jokingly picked on Joy for bringing up Trump. But that clip of TI was from yesterday's Red Table Talk. Kim K's quote about her bikini pics was also from an interview that came out yesterday. So I don't think this show was prerecorded. They just decided to play nice for Thanksgiving (except when Sunny wants to plug her book.)

They just decided to play nice for Thanksgiving (except when Sunny wants to plug her book AND Meghan wants a video clip of her father.)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

Didn't Meghan do this during the summer...promote a book she wrote that will be released next year?

You're right, Meghan did talk about a new book of hers, about conservative politics, out next year.  She also mentioned that it was going to be an audio book only; I think she said it's because she prefers audio books.  (So smart to exclude potential buyers who don't like listening to books, and think of how long it must take for her to record this book, about a subject she's passionate about, in a clear, concise, evenly paced speaking voice.  I bet there are lots of retakes.)

Those are two reasons Sunny will win this contest hands down.  Plus, her book cover, plot, and release date scream "beach read".

eta - When I looked again, I noticed Meghan's book will also be about.....................drum roll....................her father.  

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 11
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

TI said he wants to protect "what is his". Does that include his sons too?

No...if I remember correctly he was happy when his son, who was 15 at the time, lost his virginity. So it was a clear double standard situation and Tip clearly embarrassed his daughter by talking about it on his podcast.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

What in the fuck does Meghan having a crush on Leo DeCaprio back in the 90s have to do with TI being obsessed about his daughter's virginity?

It doesn't.

Meghan's point was about famous fathers talking about their daughters. I've never heard of TI. Meghan knows what it is like to have her father talk about her!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Thank goodness I tuned in to get a lecture from Whoopi. Do I understand that the  Kim doesn’t want pictures of her in  a bikini out there? Hasn’t  that ship left the dock? why did they let that slide? 

The TI situation is so creepy and invasive.  He had/has  a reality show with his 6 kids and their mother so the girl probably as  been humiliated many times. I kinda remember when he went to prison for a second time.  Whose keeping an eye on him? 

Abby can give it a rest about PC because she’s always telling us something makes her uncomfortable.

Meagan rolling her eyes looking to the audience or director as why they are spending a whole segment on Sunny’s book.  What a bitch.  

Turkey better mellow me out. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 16

I actually agreed with Whoopi's Pontification of the Day. T.I. needs to trust his daughter instead of making her sex life a topic of national discussion. If anything,  he serves as a lesson about the cheap pageantry of Purity Culture; a lot of people think it's about protection, but it's really objectification. 

Also, we really do need to take a break from political discussion if there's nothing new to discuss. I was annoyed that Joy still had to bring up Trump in a conversation that had nothing to do with him. Maybe we could try to make a game of it: Joy's Trump mentions vs. Meghan's Megancentricities vs. Abby's Inanities.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, OnTime said:

I'm still thinking it is taped show and that was filler.

You might be right. I actually assumed they would be off this week. It's weird that the announcer made reference to stories in the news like the fallout with the Navy Seal. So strange. Odd they tried and fool us that it was a live show.

• Love 5

Abby’s response to the idea that a pregnancy would not affect the boy’s home was weird. She agreed by saying she constantly thought about her babies while they rarely were in her husband’s thoughts. Um, Abs, that wasn’t the point. The disagreement was in placing all the responsibility on the girl and her family. The right answer is that a baby damn well better affect the boy’s home too. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Abby’s response to the idea that a pregnancy would not affect the boy’s home was weird. She agreed by saying she constantly thought about her babies while they rarely were in her husband’s thoughts. Um, Abs, that wasn’t the point. The disagreement was in placing all the responsibility on the girl and her family. The right answer is that a baby damn well better affect the boy’s home too. 

I was just coming on to say that. I listened again because I couldn’t figure out what her rambling about her her pregnancy every second had to do with it.
When a underage girl comes home pregnant it is mostly that family will be affected on a 24/7 basis. Yes the boy is responsible but likely the girls mom and dad will be taking up more responsibilities.  Her life will come to a standstill not so much the boy.  It had  nothing to do with her morning  sickness or how wonderful a father her husband is.  Like grief, teen pregnancy isn’t talked about?  They live in special worlds don’t they? 

• Love 15
57 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

You might be right. I actually assumed they would be off this week. It's weird that the announcer made reference to stories in the news like the fallout with the Navy Seal. So strange. Odd they tried and fool us that it was a live show.

That wasnt the announcer, though. It was Whoopi. She said something along the lines of, We know (several political topics, including the Navy Seal fallout) are going on, but we're gonna put that aside and talk about TI. I think they just made a conscious choice to avoid politics today and just have a fun show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Me me me me Meghan. Always figuring out a way to relate a story back to her. Missy has been a regular now for how long??? And she still acts like it’s her first week. ***Can I talk now, says we’re going to commercial, relaying her Leo story and the way she threw it back to Whoopi, I don’t remember this topic being discuss at the morning meeting, I didn’t know we were going to talk about that... scrambles blue cards, looks around the studio, ohhh look points out random people in the audience during discussions, etc*** like wth 

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • Love 18
15 hours ago, lusinia said:

Since the clip of her father was all ready to go, I'm assuming that hot topic was done specifically for Meghan, in order for her to show that clip.

But she said she hates using clips. 

Who Knows Idk GIF by Dolly Parton

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Blissfool said:

That wasnt the announcer, though. It was Whoopi. She said something along the lines of, We know (several political topics, including the Navy Seal fallout) are going on, but we're gonna put that aside and talk about TI. I think they just made a conscious choice to avoid politics today and just have a fun show.

Was it a fun show though? I know I was bored out of my mind and tuned out 20 minutes in. I don't even think it was fun for the ladies. Joy was clearly disinterested and, from what people have said here, Whoopi and McCain were both hateful towards Sunny today anyway, even on a fluff show like this one. So much for positivity.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 9

I'm afraid we are going to have more boring shows. Real life events happening are causing Meghan to be even more unhinged and I wouldn't be surprised if she said she didn't want to have hot topics that would cause her to look like a bitch.  Of course most mature adults are able to discuss things with people we disagree with without losing our shit but Meghan has proven she can't do that. She is either in a rage or simply doesn't speak. And while I prefer when she does the silent treatment it distracts from the rest of show.

ABC hiring her was the biggest mistake they ever made. I'm sure they love all the media attention she has brought but it's mostly negative attention and while that might be good for ratings it sucks for us the viewers who just want our show to not be Housewives of Daytime.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm afraid we are going to have more boring shows. Real life events happening are causing Meghan to be even more unhinged and I wouldn't be surprised if she said she didn't want to have hot topics that would cause her to look like a bitch. 

The problem is having Meghan part of hot topics. If she can't handle it, take off and let Ana take over.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

The problem is having Meghan part of hot topics. If she can't handle it, take off and let Ana take over.

Exactly. Ana’s respectful to both her coworkers and the audience, is able to make jokes, engage in topics without making it about her father, doesn’t clutch her pearls if there’s a sex discussion, doesn’t refuse to speak if the topic isn’t something she’s passionate about, the list goes on. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

That's when I think it would be really boring, with everyone agreeing.

Joy: "Trump is the worst!"

Abby: "My dad used to live and work in Russia so I agree."

Ana: "at my house we like to refer to him as The Puto of the United States"

Sunny: (fingers at at her chin) "yeah...yeeah"

Whoopi: "Here's the thing, it is what it is."

Edited by Blissfool
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

That's when I think it would be really boring, with everyone agreeing.

When Elisabeth was a co host they discussed politics without it devolving into a cluster fuck. The split screen with Rosie being the exception. I didn't watch when Paula or Jed were co hosts but from what I read here they didn't scold the audience for not agreeing with them.

• Love 6

Whoopi, please stop bringing up Andrew Yang's UBI thing when it's obvious that you just want the money. She doesn't even understand how his plan would work. (I think it would be off topic to explain why I feel this way so I'll stop here)

And for all of Meghan's love of polls and how she doesn't like how the media doesn't talk about Yang, the show loves to ignore Bernie and the fact that he is still rising.

And the discussion about healthcare is just so weird to me as a non American. 

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Love 8