Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/25/2019

Was-MArsenault
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Axie said:

For someone who never eats, Whoopie sure eats a lot.  She even eats more than people who eat.

How dare you! 😉 Whoopi never eats, even forgets  unless she's reminded.😁😁😄 

Seriously,  Whoopi chomping down is doing my head in.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Like someone said yesterday, Meghan really is taking over the show.  Walkout music - Abba.  Meghan - "my dad was obsessed with Abba".

I usually hate red; it's my least favorite color, but the fabric of Abby's dress is gorgeous.

Uh....why are they ignoring the second article the author wrote yesterday after Pete called him.  And Joy, Pete made the comment eight years ago, before "woke" was even a thing (and then much later she says he's evolving).

Thank you, Abby for bringing up that second article ( I also was struck by how good a writer the author is -The Root). 

And Meghan, how do you know if Buttigieg is hemorrhaging voters?  (And then in the next segment she says he's going up in the polls; maybe she was saving that phrase to use about Elizabeth Warren (which she did), and prematurely used it with Mayor Pete.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Tell me your heartfelt beliefs and why you believe them. 

Where did these ideas come from?

What are the positives of your beliefs? 

Joy Sunny and even Whoopi could answer those questions. The other two? I doubt it.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Take it from Meghan, "be as present as possible at Thanksgiving because you never know when it the last one with a loved one".

I bet she learned to say that for her "how to deal with grief" speaking tour.

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
On 11/25/2019 at 3:54 PM, RealHousewife said:

Regarding female friends, I’m sorry but I don’t think men and women can be close friends most of the time. Every straight male I’ve gotten close to has hit on me. 

I have had several Male friends who were able to respect boundaries. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Why is Mayor Pete wrong, though? He said, "You're motivated because you believe that at the end of your educational process there is a reward, a stable life, a job. There are a lot of kids, especially in lower income/minority neighborhoods who haven't seen it work. There isn't somebody they know personally who testifies to the value of education." 

I am a teacher at a low-income school. Most of my students come from families with no college education. They live in multi-family households. Many don't have cars and the majority are on government aid. They have family members in jail and are unashamed to tell me that their mom stole something from Kohls or that their dad gets drunk. For many, these are the role models that they know personally. My students are young now so they don't recognize the struggle, but when they get to high school and academics gets tougher, although I know they won't strive to be like their parents, many will settle on being like their parents.

I guess Mayor Pete should have left out the word "minority" out because these cases are indiscrimatory, but he was not wrong that these situations exist.

• Love 14

Oh, I thought they decided to have fluff until after Thanksgiving break? Too bad, I didn't watch anyway.

3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Joy Sunny and even Whoopi could answer those questions. The other two? I doubt it.

They couldn't answer any of those questions without beginning with, "Daddy said...."

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, deirdra said:

For someone who claims not to eat,

It was free food, so she ate and ate.

Andrew Yang is going to give free (big business') money, so she will vote for support him.  (I doubt Whoopi will bother to vote.  She is all about lecturing others not doing herself.)

Edited by Bazinga
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

It was free food, so she ate and ate.

Someone needs to tell her to relax. Alex and the rest of the Goldberg clan are not in the studio so the food is safe and will still be there after the show is over.

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

Meghan, who bemoans the lack of civility in politics, once again seems to enjoy quoting somebody else's cursing.  Does she think swearing is bad to do personally, but if she's simply repeating what someone else said, then it's okay?

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, lusinia said:

Meghan, who bemoans the lack of civility in politics, once again seems to enjoy quoting someone else's cursing.  Does she think swearing is bad to do personally, but if she's simply repeating what someone else said, then it's okay?

What was she saying? I noticed she was once again muted for what seemed to be a couple sentences. Little miss know it all can't figure out how not to swear on day time TV.  

I remember when Whoopi first came on, she said producers made sure to tell her to watch what she says regarding swearing.  And to this day she does the faux almost let's an expletive fly. Meghan must have a different rule.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

What was she saying?

I've read elsewhere that she was quoting what Pete said to the author of the two articles they talked about.  It lasted a while, so she might have said it twice.  

The first article was called "Pete Buttigieg is a Lying MF".  When Pete called the author,  Michael Harriot, the first thing he said, according to Harriot, was, "I don't think I've been called a 'lyin' motherfucker' before", which Meghan just had to repeat so she could then say that Pete had missed the point. 

It sounds more like an icebreaker, to me, but Meghan wouldn't know about those kind of subtle social interactions.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, lusinia said:

It sounds more like an icebreaker, to me, but Meghan wouldn't know about those kind of subtle social interactions.  

Exactly. Mayor Pete probably wanted to let the author know he wasn't going to be antagonistic. You get more flies with honey type of thing. Which of course Meghan knows nothing about.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19

Whenever Whoopie goes on and on about Andrew Yang’s giveaway proposals and taxes, I wonder what or how much money would ever be enough for her.  You’re never going to starve, Whoopie, how much more do you need?

• Love 14
6 hours ago, lusinia said:

Like someone said yesterday, Meghan really is taking over the show.  Walkout music - Abba.  Meghan - "my dad was obsessed with Abba".

I usually hate red; it's my least favorite color, but the fabric of Abby's dress is gorgeous.

Uh....why are they ignoring the second article the author wrote yesterday after Pete called him.  And Joy, Pete made the comment eight years ago, before "woke" was even a thing (and then much later she says he's evolving).

Thank you, Abby for bringing up that second article ( I also was struck by how good a writer the author is -The Root). 

And Meghan, how do you know if Buttigieg is hemorrhaging voters?  (And then in the next segment she says he's going up in the polls; maybe she was saving that phrase to use about Elizabeth Warren (which she did), and prematurely used it with Mayor Pete.)

That makes sense. I was baking and not paying close attention until I heard her say Buttigieg is hemorrhaging voters. It's so not true. She must have been confused. All Democrats look alike. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Axie said:

You’re never going to starve, Whoopie, how much more do you need?

The way she attacks free food , you'd think she was starving. The thing that gets me is that the segments are only 6 or 7 minutes. Why can't she wait until the break and then stuff her face all she wants ?

Sometimes it's funny seeing her say whatever it is she's trying to say with a mouth full of food. It looks so stupid.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Stfu Meghan. And that head band, look ugly ass hell....

I thought it was an odd accessory and JUST KNEW it was going to light up and blink at the appropriate times to entertain me.  Nope...CoffeeWineWater was right again!

4 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Meghan must have a different rule.

She's John McCain's daughter!   She don't got no steenkin' ruuuuules !!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, lusinia said:
6 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Take it from Meghan, "be as present as possible at Thanksgiving because you never know when it the last one with a loved one".

I bet she learned to say that for her "how to deal with grief" speaking tour.

This is her script, "Be as present as possible at (insert holiday, birthday, or special event here) because you never know when it's the last one with a loved one."

(Sorry to hog the forum; I'll leave now)

• Love 6

Is it just me or has the discussion really declined in quality recently? I'm starting to get really frustrated, even with Sunny. The main things that annoyed me about The View today:

1. Them having yet another discussion about healthcare that was devoid of any real substance.
  2. Whoopi and Yang. Enough said.
  3. The entire Buttigieg thing. Specifically, seeing Meghan "Kaepernick is unpatriotic" McCain and Abby "Kaepernick is responsible for police killings" Huntsman act as if they actually cared about dismantling systemic racism. Nothing about this controversy makes any sense and the fact no one pointed that out was...disappointing.
  4. The whole "Warren falls in the polls" story felt super shady to me. As someone who reads about polls regularly, no one with a decent understanding of them would say that voters are not supporting Warren JUST because of "Medicare-for-All." I know this forum is not about politics, so I won't get into details, but again...disappointing.

Sunny used to be the one person that would do research and bring up important points, but lately I feel like even she is not bringing up counterpoints like she used to.

Edited by jungki
  • Love 14
33 minutes ago, jungki said:

Sunny used to be the one person that would do research and bring up important points, but lately I feel like even she is not bringing up counterpoints like she used to.

She's probably too busy with her other show, so just shows up an hour beforehand and wings it like Whoopi has been doing for years.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Sunny's other show has been over.....especially the filming of it.

Gotta say - what I have been getting from Abby lately is her own self proclaimed - "I won't roll over, I am niave, I am stuggling."

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 6

Don't talk with your mouth full Whoopi. Whoopi again with the no other Dem is doing what Yang wants to do to help Whoopi the people misinformation. Does Whoopi not know about the billionaires crying/whining into their money because Warren/Sanders want to tax them.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Whoopie, STFU about "I'm the only one Joy makes lasagna for". We know, you don't have to keep rubbing salt in the wound.

And Joy, please stop with the bullshit that you all like (or love) one another. We all know you're lying, otherwise you'd make a pan of lasagna for the others to share, thus shutting the others up about it once & for all. You claim it's easy and "really no problem", so prove it. Bring ONE pan to work and let them all enjoy it. Otherwise, I call bullshit...and you secretly enjoy aggravating the situation.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

Whoopie, STFU about "I'm the only one Joy makes lasagna for". We know, you don't have to keep rubbing salt in the wound.

And Joy, please stop with the bullshit that you all like (or love) one another. We all know you're lying, otherwise you'd make a pan of lasagna for the others to share, thus shutting the others up about it once & for all. You claim it's easy and "really no problem", so prove it. Bring ONE pan to work and let them all enjoy it. Otherwise, I call bullshit...and you secretly enjoy aggravating the situation.

Lasagna-gate.

It's called a running joke....used mostly on sitcoms. 

They all love kvetching about it.

Haha.

Not.

But, get ready! 

Soon there will be completely over- the- top, overly touted, heavily advertised with multiple teasers about the "Lasagna Showdown Show"!!!!

MeAgain crossing her arms, narrowing her eyes,  and pouting, while holding her breath until Joy makes her a very special lasagna all her own.

Cuz it's Christmas-Hannukah-Kwanza. 

Meanwhile, Grinch Whoopi plots to steal the lasagna rationalizing that she deserves it since her greedy-ass genetic grifters, I mean her family, supposedly ate all the lasagna that Joy gave Whoopi for her birthday.  Not fair! 

Hilarity ensues as Whoopi and MyfatherMehgun start a  tug of war at the table with the pan of lasagna between them.  

Abby looks .......confused and is struggling as to who to support. 

Sunny sips her tea and looks at her chickens on her phone. 

Ana rolls her eyes and counts her lucky stars that she has a new husband, a cuter dog, a loving family, a law degree,  a seat in Congress, and wasn't ever as dumb as MissyEntitled. 

Joy solves the Missile Crisis, or er, um, the lasagna grab by pulling out another lasagna---filled with $1000 bills---specifically for Whoopi, and Whoopi only.  

But wait, earlier, Whoopi claimed she doesn't eat!!!!!! 

ABC execs  panic as a moment of silence surrounds the table!!!!!

Oh, sweet relief, Whoopi graciously says,  "Just this once," (with her mouth full of lasagna-- because it's such a warm holiday-esque image for the centuries.) 

Joy quips, "Like my first husband used to say."

Everyone laughs. 

Except Nutmeg, who is frowning per usual because said reference smacks of something vaguely sexual. (Apparently she forgot about liking sex, as soon as she married the Svengali of the blue cards.)

And scene.

Finis. 

Oh, wait,  trailer after the credits......backflash shows Whoopi's neighbor dog climbing through her open kitchen window and eating all of the first lasagna. 

Edited by Tosia
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, jungki said:

Maybe her other duties have finally worn her out:

• View Your Deal co-host
  • Her own "crime" show on another network
  • Occasional legal opinions on other ABC shows
  • Her podcast!
  • Writing a "surprise" novel coming out in June but available for pre-order now
  • Chicken-keeping
  • Her fabulous hostess/ full-on wifely duties while keeping an eye out for scheming females

What else???

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I'll drink every time.lol . Honestly  the woman is becoming deranged. 

deranged? she's concerned about how things are going and is just trying to bring a little humor to us

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

• View Your Deal co-host
  • Her podcast!
  • Chicken-keeping
  • Her fabulous hostess/ full-on wifely duties while keeping an eye out for scheming females

What else???

-Having all her makeup ready and putting it on at night.

-Sitting next to Meghan.

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

• View Your Deal co-host
  • Her podcast!
  • Chicken-keeping

What else???

😂😂😂

• Love 2

Lasagna-gate 2.0

Lasagne vs the Cactus!  Who will win!!  Lasagna is savory......Cactus is...um.....green ??  Ding ding ding (betcha thought i was going to dot dot dot there didnt ya). Point to Lasagna!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1