Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

you respect willow so you stuck your tongue down her throat knowing that she was married? Like. yeah the situation was romantic but you only get caught up in it if you have feelings. it doesn't just HAPPEN DREW.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 7/15/2024 at 1:38 PM, MarciNJ said:

And, of course Elizabeth should take the money.  There is nothing to debate or discuss about that.

That’s what I’m saying!  Like why is this even a question.  It’s not charity, this is his son we’re talking about.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Oh, god, first we had Carly trying to play Wagger, now we have Ava? Spare me weak men in law enforcement.

"Yeah, I've been down this road several times," say Sonny when Willow tries to sympathize that he's in family court. The court needs to shut Sonny down when it comes to fighting for custody, because it's purely revenge for him, not for the well-being of the kid.

1 minute ago, mostlylurking said:

Like why is this even a question.  It’s not charity, this is his son we’re talking about.

The only issue would be if Jason expected some sort of quid pro quo, which he's said he doesn't.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

HOW is Anna the police chief?  Or commissioner, what is she?  Whatever, it's bad!  She needs to be fired, and replaced with Jordan.  Or Taggert if they ever bring him back.  She  is  such a  disgrace and I do not understand how she keeps getting away with this.

• Like 9

Well I hope Jagger didn't believe a word of what Ava said. She lied more than tell the truth and sadly for him, she doesn't really have any evidence that will stick to Sonny going to prison.

Sonny is off his meds but he sounded fine with Willow except when he got upset about Diane not being available and suing custody of Avery. He was also fine when he spoke with Drew and Nina.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't know why Joss has a job at the pool that she gets paid for for not doing it while someone else who is as qualified could be there actually working as opposed to flirting with police cadet.

They never show her being the least bit attentive to whoever might be in the pool. Her excuse this time was that no one was in the pool, but does she think that they'll not go in just because she's away?

• Like 6
29 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Ruining Anna for Valentin and co. yet again. Sigh.

I am wondering if this is their bright idea to accomodate FH (vacation) and JPS to be offscreen.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
3 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

They never show her being the least bit attentive to whoever might be in the pool. Her excuse this time was that no one was in the pool, but does she think that they'll not go in just because she's away?

If the swimmers are more responsible than the lifeguard (a very low bar), yes.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Sonny is off his meds

I don't think he's fully off them yet.  He was still taking the 1/4 dose ones and Ava only "yesterday" told the pharmacist to give him full on placebos in hopes that he'll immediately have a breakdown.  Which is stupid because what if he had a 3 month supply of the 1/4 ones and hasn't gone back for a refill yet.  

I thought Ava looked fantastic today.  I don't understand why Jex is a thing that needs to be shoehorned into this episode.  Also Gio is a moron who would rather go to PCU so he can be near Josslyn rather than accept a job playing violin for Broadway.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

This episode went better for Nina than the previews yesterday led me to believe. I was worried that Drew was going to lecture/dump her. Instead, they seemed to warm up to each other more (not that he deserves her).

PLUS Sonny dropped by and she didn't grovel or seem over-grateful that he gave her the time of day. From a story-telling perspective we went from A to Z without any scenes between them that showed that petering off of devotion on her end -- but it's still good to see her acting confidently. 

• Like 9
59 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Sonny is off his meds but he sounded fine with Willow except when he got upset about Diane not being available and suing custody of Avery. He was also fine when he spoke with Drew and Nina.

He is only off his meds when it serves the plot.

6 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

This episode went better for Nina than the previews yesterday led me to believe

Maybe Villain Nina is now over, her place taken by Ava.

Joss really is Carly's Mini Me.

• Like 8
(edited)
42 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Also Gio is a moron who would rather go to PCU so he can be near Josslyn rather than accept a job playing violin for Broadway.  

He's an idiot to want to stick around for Joss, but it's pretty cutthroat being a Broadway musician. Many more players than spots. I don't think getting a college degree is the wrong choice. Gio made good points as to why he wanted to stay. Lois was wrong to keep pushing him. He didn't ask her to do any of this. "No" is a complete sentence, lady!

29 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

PLUS Sonny dropped by and she didn't grovel or seem over-grateful that he gave her the time of day.

He wanted something from Nina, and since they're both mad at Ava, it worked to their advantage to be nice to each other. But regardless, I agree it was good to see her confident. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 3
(edited)

I rather enjoyed today, at least with the older adults. I didn’t expect Anna to come clean to Val and warn him to run with Charlotte but she certainly ruined his day. Of course, would being on the run prevent him from still running Pikeman? She didn’t actually out him to Cates yet did she? I guess that’s what Jason is about to do

I also enjoyed Sonny’s talks with Willow and then with Nina

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I don't think he's fully off them yet.  He was still taking the 1/4 dose ones and Ava only "yesterday" told the pharmacist to give him full on placebos in hopes that he'll immediately have a breakdown.  Which is stupid because what if he had a 3 month supply of the 1/4 ones and hasn't gone back for a refill yet.  

If Sonny had my insurance plan, he'd have to have ordered his refills sooner than this. :-) I don't think Ava can bank on him being totally out in enough time to take the placebo right away. Also, wouldn't there be some residual medication still in his system? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

I am wondering if this is their bright idea to accomodate FH (vacation) and JPS to be offscreen.

If Anna goes on the run with Billy Joel the Lizard King I am absolutely going to lose it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4

Joss, the LIFEGUARD, asks Gio, the TOWEL ATTENDANT, to 'watch the pool' while she goes and makes out with the block of wood.  Then the TOWEL ATTENDANT has convos with Lois, professional buttinsky. No one was watching that pool.  Would serve Carly right if her nepo hire got the hotel slapped with a huge lawsuit because little Cindy Who went under and swallowed a few mouthfuls of water before anyone even looked twice.  

Nina was great in her scenes all around today.  Is this a turning point for her that she's not the town's whipping post?  Here for it.

Ugh, Anna, just, ugh.  

Natalya's awful.  No purpose on this show other than to eventually end up in Sonny's bed.  

So, Jason "had to" forsake his own kids for Carly so that Donna wouldn't lose a parent, but Charlotte would totally also just be collateral damage.  Jason Math!  

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

Oh my fucking god Anna, please recuse yourself immediately and forever of any occupation that involves law enforcement, justice or government. I wanted to slap the boo boo eyes out of her head today. So sparing one teenager some heartache is worth not bringing down an entire arms traffiicking operation whose activities result in much violence and death. (But, but, but Charlotte apologized to meeeeee!!!!!!!🙄) Anna has zero integrity. She is a villain at this point, whether Valentin is really the head of Pikeman or not.   

Speaking on inept women in the wrong job ... good grief, Joss.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 4

So Jason gets to make parental decisions of who gets to keep their parents and not pay for their crimes and who doesn't?

"That's on Valentine he made his choices?" This deadbeat Jason made his own choices just like Carly made hers too. He has the audacity to talk about pain in his sons voice? 

Charlotte has to lose her only parent, but Donna can't lose hers? Valentine has to pay for crimes but never Carly or him or Sonny. 

Jason is free, he has a choice he chose to put Carly first. Nobody made him lose that time with his kids.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 8
38 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Charlotte has to lose her only parent, but Donna can't lose hers?  

Worse, Donna would still have her father and three adult half-siblings. Charlotte's mother is in a coma.

• Like 7

Dex’s ill fitting and cheap looking uniform that accentuates his short stature looks silly and in looking for EH, EM, and Jex to be something they are not, so does the show, which is the far bigger problem. 

• Like 8
11 hours ago, Artsda said:

So Jason gets to make parental decisions of who gets to keep their parents and not pay for their crimes and who doesn't?

OH he's been doing it since time immemorial. 

AJ couldn't be a Father. Nope. 

Lorenzo Alcazar couldn't be one (and then he shot him in the head). 

Didn't speak up at all when Sonny was running around town with a gun in his hand trying to murder Jax for Brenda leaving him because SONNY drugged Jax because "Carly couldn't lose her little girl."

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

It's clear that Anna has done lost her fucking mind. Her ASS needs to be FIRED ASAP and Mac promoted to Commissioner in her place; aaaand her ass can be arrested while she plucks he loves me, he loves me not petals while she's in Pentonville. Because she's not Mooby or Jaysus, this can totally happen.

She only agreed to be Commissioner to prevent Jagger from doing his job when he came into town, so as the head of the local keystone cops, Anna could stop him. And I'm handwaving that one day of epiphany she had and actually worked with Jagger before deciding he was dirty as the WSB. Because that was clearly a fever dream.

And sorry, but Charlotte's psycho ass isn't a toddler, that her life will be RUINED! and she will be TRAUMATIZZZZZZED FOREVAH! if her weasely, criminal ass of a father goes to prison. She's resilient. Plus, she spends 90% of her time at boarding school anywayyyz. Yeah, I'm a mean, cold-hearted monster. 

I fucking HATE Fucking Valentini and whoever is writing this crap that has totally ruined Anna for me. Robert never did this shit when he was Commissioner, and neither did Mac. And the writers can FUCK OFF, throwing Robin's name in there. 

I don't give any shits about Jason. He's the worst. But I SO want him to break his word and tell Jagger everything and give him that SAT phone.

I don't know if Maura is a terrible actress or a skilled one, because it's soooo obvious she's lying and trying to play Jagger with the 'oh I'm soooo scairt of Mooby, please help me!' act. It's clear they're dumbing down what was the return of a good character, even if his coloring is all wrong, because of course. Though I do wonder who he was talking about that he was "grooming"? Cujo? or Ava?

• Like 6
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's clear that Anna has done lost her fucking mind. Her ASS needs to be FIRED ASAP and Mac promoted to Commissioner in her place; aaaand her ass can be arrested while she plucks he loves me, he loves me not petals while she's in Pentonville. Because she's not Mooby or Jaysus, this can totally happen.

She only agreed to be Commissioner to prevent Jagger from doing his job when he came into town, so as the head of the local keystone cops, Anna could stop him. And I'm handwaving that one day of epiphany she had and actually worked with Jagger before deciding he was dirty as the WSB. Because that was clearly a fever dream.

And sorry, but Charlotte's psycho ass isn't a toddler, that her life will be RUINED! and she will be TRAUMATIZZZZZZED FOREVAH! if her weasely, criminal ass of a father goes to prison. She's resilient. Plus, she spends 90% of her time at boarding school anywayyyz. Yeah, I'm a mean, cold-hearted monster. 

I fucking HATE Fucking Valentini and whoever is writing this crap that has totally ruined Anna for me. Robert never did this shit when he was Commissioner, and neither did Mac. And the writers can FUCK OFF, throwing Robin's name in there. 

I don't give any shits about Jason. He's the worst. But I SO want him to break his word and tell Jagger everything and give him that SAT phone.

I don't know if Maura is a terrible actress or a skilled one, because it's soooo obvious she's lying and trying to play Jagger with the 'oh I'm soooo scairt of Mooby, please help me!' act. It's clear they're dumbing down what was the return of a good character, even if his coloring is all wrong, because of course. Though I do wonder who he was talking about that he was "grooming"? Cujo? or Ava?

I was trying to figure that out too, and I am almost certain he brought that champagne to Carly, not Ava.  So I'd say it's Carly. 

1 minute ago, CeChase said:

I was trying to figure that out too, and I am almost certain he brought that champagne to Carly, not Ava.  So I'd say it's Carly. 

Oh, right.

Looks like Jaysus will give Jagger the "truth" about Ava today. Jeebus.

14 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Nina was great in her scenes all around today.  Is this a turning point for her that she's not the town's whipping post?  Here for it.

That baton has been passed to Ava for the time being.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I thought that's what he was sitting there waiting to do when Jagger was banging on his door and he looked at the clock to make sure he gave Anna enough time to warn Val

2 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I thought that's what he was sitting there waiting to do when Jagger was banging on his door and he looked at the clock to make sure he gave Anna enough time to warn Val

It was 4:00 or so when Anna left, and when Jagger was banging on the door, it was like 4:30. So just a half hour.

What's Anna gonna do? Fire Jaysus? Make trouble for him? She's the one threatening him and telling him the Feds won't hold up their end of the deal, which if they did that all the time, there never would be confidential informants. Cuz you know they'd tell all and sundry how the Feds lied to them, blah, blah, blah.

I just want an END to this stoopid story line.

• Like 6

The only way to redeem Anna is that unbeknownst to the viewers, she has been on meds, and someone has been messing with her dosage.  And even then...

And where the hell is Robert during all this mishegoss?

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, tessabq said:

And where the hell is Robert during all this mishegoss?

Pikeman has him gagged and bound somewhere far away from Port Charles.

• LOL 2
(edited)

The only way to redeem Anna for me later on, after the fact would be some sort of weird shit like meds or something, yes lol. Or she does time as a pariah, I don't know.

Right now though, I keep hoping they'll pull back on this and have her rethink her moment of weakness, turn around and bring Valentin in after all once she has him alone. Or just gun him down then and there. Those resolutions are classic sort of endings for these kind of stories in film noir or spy mysteries. Either would work for me and would be good enough for her character.

This story actually showed a spark of promise again when they revealed Valentin as the main man and seemed to be moving towards him and Ava conspiring together against Sonny. Then most of that got first stalled for months and then thrown out entirely due to BTS drama, and now we have Ava the buffoon with her mostly small time schemes like the recording (because I don't think her sudden fast-forward on Sonny's meds will get her very far long-term) and Anna acting a fool. Just end it. It was long overdue even before the last two HW changes. I'm sure FV and EK have worked overtime to find some way to save loser-ass Valentin and blame some other player.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And it's not like Valentin hasn't left her living with Dante or Laura for long stretches of time before. 

• Like 7
29 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I'm sure FV and EK have worked overtime to find some way to save loser-ass Valentin and blame some other player.

I could almost deal with Valentin sticking around if he wasn't such a drip when it comes to Anna. He's not quite at Michael's "OMG BOOBIES!" level, but he's close. And why Anna is still enraptured by this milquetoast is inexplicable.

If they want Anna and Valentin to work, IMO, they need to write Anna and Valentin playing a sick psychosexual game, the way they did Ava and Nik in their glory moments. Otherwise I can't fathom what the attraction is beyond a semidecent fuck.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If they want Anna and Valentin to work, IMO, they need to write Anna and Valentin playing a sick psychosexual game, the way they did Ava and Nik in their glory moments.

Oh God. I can't even fathom watching that with Desperado Cassadine.

• LOL 3

They really gave Gio the most tragic backstory. Good grief! Dead father who didn't even know he existed, super talented musician mother living the American dream who died so very suddenly. You can't make fetch happen, show! Nothing against the kid since they really limited his interactions to his age group, but let's tone it down a bit.

Nobody should ever listen to Jason, but Jagger really should listen to him about Ava.

Anna is such an ass. Valentin loves her and he still made her an accomplice to the Pikeman stuff to throw the FBI in another direction. Then she sits there in her car and smiles with satisfaction at a job well done. She deserves a jail cell right next to Valentin's and Brennan's.

Natalia sure is the opportunist. More about her daughter's career than her daughter. Let's go see Sonny and ask him to fund said career by creating his own label. Bitch, take a seat at the bottom of the ocean and stay there.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
26 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

They really gave Gio the most tragic backstory. Good grief! Dead father who didn't even know he existed, super talented musician mother living the American dream who died so very suddenly. You can't make fetch happen, show! Nothing against the kid since they really limited his interactions to his age group, but let's tone it down a bit.

Nobody should ever listen to Jason, but Jagger really should listen to him about Ava.

Anna is such an ass. Valentin loves her and he still made her an accomplice to the Pikeman stuff to throw the FBI in another direction. Then she sits there in her car and smiles with satisfaction at a job well done. She deserves a jail cell right next to Valentin's and Brennan's.

Natalia sure is the opportunist. More about her daughter's career than her daughter. Let's go see Sonny and ask him to fund said career by creating his own label. Bitch, take a seat at the bottom of the ocean and stay there.

For Natalia, I think it's about securing her revenue stream, which is dependent on Blaze's career success.  I seldom support any move Sonny makes, but insisting that Brooklyn be head of the new record was a great move.

• Like 4

"My mom doesn't care." LOL. So I guess sloppy service at the pool is acceptable to Carly, huh, Joss? Her work ethic is nonexistent. Say what you will about Sonny and Carly, they do seem to put some effort into their respective jobs. Joss does nothing.

So tired of Wagger's threats to Jason. Put Carly in jail or shut up and go away.

11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

They really gave Gio the most tragic backstory. Good grief! Dead father who didn't even know he existed, super talented musician mother living the American dream who died so very suddenly.

I'm surprised they didn't throw in a dead/runaway dog. Lois's involvement in Gio's professional life is crossing a line, given Gio never asked for her help.

"Any good I have inside of me is because of you." Way to take no responsibility for your actions, Valentin, and put the emotional labor on Anna. Ugh.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Donna would still have her father and three adult half-siblings. Charlotte's mother is in a coma.

And his response was "Charlotte still has Laura, Dante, Sam and "her kids"".  Isn't one of "her kids" also your kid and the other is your neice?  What a weird way to phrase that.  Also Sam's kids can't raise Charlotte.  

• Like 4

I can't believe I ever shipped Anna and Valentin after today's idiocy. 

Tptb are obviously resetting everything from a few months back and at record speed too. I'm curious what will be left when they're done. It's clear that Carly will be fine though... I was a little worried about that. 🙂 /s

• LOL 6
34 minutes ago, tessabq said:

I seldom support any move Sonny makes, but insisting that Brooklyn be head of the new record was a great move.

That was most excellent.  And the expresson on Natalia's face was hilarious.  I have to give Eva props because Natalia looked like she really wanted to fight him on that, but can't since she's beggin him for his money.  

• Like 3

How stupid of Jason to hightail his ass over to the Metrocourt to let Carly know that they're in the clear when he doesn't even know if John will honour the agreement once Valentin is arrested.  And since Valentin won't be arrested, there goes that promise.  

• Like 2