Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Chase, Violet is ten years old, or around there. She doesn't need you to go on part time work so that you can hang around with her and hold her hand because her father is away for a few months.

I am so  tired of this "the person who reports the crime/bigotry is worse than the people who commit them."  Is this what they teach their children?

I don't see how this interview Brook Lynn is setting up is going to help much. The people who are angry are the homophobes and people angry that Blaze hid her sexuality. While it may mollify some of the latter group, maybe, it won't do a thing for the former.

6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Portia's question to Jordan about TJ being a victim of Heather's was dumb. TJ was kidnapped by Cyrus, held, beaten, and Cyrus is out of prison, walking free.

Did the writers forget this? I wanted Jordan to tell Portia "You think you had your kid in a perilous situation?  Let me tell you...."

• Like 3

Portia, please, stop. 

Laura, also, please, stop. Heather herself has asked you to let this go and let her serve her time. So, stop. Let it go. Do literally anything else with your time. 

Did Sonny fix his mumbling mouth to throw a vague threat at Jagger's son? Because it sounded to me like a vague threat towards Jagger's son. 

I'll be stunned if, after the interview is done, TJ doesn't throw a shit fit because "Kristina took our baby on an interview and didn't even ask our approval first!" 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Why isn't a psychiatrist treating Heather?  Don't some prisoners get out of jail because they are found to be no longer a danger to the public?  Where is Kevin?

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Is Spencer ever coming back?  
Even if heather got out of jail what would she do all day? It’s not like anyone would give her a job

23 minutes ago, ljr said:

Even if heather got out of jail what would she do all day? It’s not like anyone would give her a job

Eat BLTs at Bobbie's, I guess.

At best, Heather's sentence should be revised to manslaughter instead of first degree murder. She'd stay in jail, serve a reduced sentence. Let it end there.

• Like 8
57 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:
1 hour ago, ljr said:

Eat BLTs at Bobbie's, I guess.

I wonder if Ava would give her another show for a new batch of paintings featuring Heather's love for BLTs.

• LOL 7
10 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Portia, please, stop. 

Laura, also, please, stop. Heather herself has asked you to let this go and let her serve her time. So, stop. Let it go. Do literally anything else with your time. 

Did Sonny fix his mumbling mouth to throw a vague threat at Jagger's son? Because it sounded to me like a vague threat towards Jagger's son. 

I'll be stunned if, after the interview is done, TJ doesn't throw a shit fit because "Kristina took our baby on an interview and didn't even ask our approval first!" 

I haven't seen anyone mention this!  I thought that could have absolutely been taken as a threat.  Sonny is such a deranged ass.  His meds are no excuse, because he always threatens people.  It's disgusting. 

• Like 11
10 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

It felt to me less like a threat and Sonny just trying to stir Jagger up, but I guess it could have been a vague threat. Didn't Jagger say his son was in a group home or something similar or did he live with him. If so, he doesn't live with his dad and that may be what Sonny was going for

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, DanaK said:

It felt to me less like a threat and Sonny just trying to stir Jagger up, but I guess it could have been a vague threat. Didn't Jagger say his son was in a group home or something similar or did he live with him. If so, he doesn't live with his dad and that may be what Sonny was going for

Yeah that definitely could have been what Sonny was going for, but considering he is a violent mobster who just got done threatening Ava, I mean, it's iffy.  Could even have a double meaning.  

• Like 5
(edited)
25 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I thought it was Sonny trying to stir Wagger up, too, but it was kind of pointless because a) Wagger's son is alive, and b) he's living an independent life. Mocking that is so stupid, but that's our Sonny.

ETA: Given Stone is on the spectrum, Sonny's comment was tasteless. He sure wouldn't let anyone say anything about Leo. Ugh.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 5
  • Applause 4
23 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Didn't Jagger say his son was in a group home or something similar or did he live with him. If so, he doesn't live with his dad and that may be what Sonny was going for

Yes. Stone (Jagger's son named after his brother), is Autistic (on the spectrum) and lives in a group home, but is thriving. Almost 20, I think Jagger told Anna back when I thought her brain returned.

• Like 6
49 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

ETA: Given Stone is on the spectrum, Sonny's comment was tasteless. He sure wouldn't let anyone say anything about Leo. Ugh.

Tasteless for sure. Don't assume he wouldn't let anyone say anything about Leo or say something about Leo himself, since Leo is (his late enemy) Julian Jerome's biological son. I know Leo is Dante's brother, but Sonny has no use for Dante right now because he feels Dante is "disloyal." 

• Love 1

Who could have imagined in a conversation between Heather and Laura, that Heather would be the rational one?

Even odder, Heather appears to be taking responsibility for some, if not all, of her crimes, which makes her one of the least hypocritical GH characters. 

I'm hoping this is  GH's way of quickly wrapping up this storyline. It's like not, but one can hope. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I know Leo is Dante's brother, but Sonny has no use for Dante right now because he feels Dante is "disloyal."

Leo is also Olivia's son, who isn't in the doghouse (yet). Also, Sonny is a lot of things, but he doesn't pick on little kids. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I beg to differ. Natalia trashed his daughter and he blamed Ava for it.

• Like 6
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Portia's question to Jordan about TJ being a victim of Heather's was dumb. TJ was kidnapped by Cyrus, held, beaten, and Cyrus is out of prison, walking free. 

But great, we're going to have another day of Portia raising her voice and clutching pearls. 

Jordan must have been too surprised by Portia's question to answer it effectively, the way you did. :-) Portia is going around like Laura is personally going to sneak Heather out of jail and sic her on Trina. I was glad Jordan at least made some logical points about the limits of the law and being reasonable instead of hysterical. Portia, did you know that Trina works with someone who is a murderer and also attempted murder? I guess that's ok, because Ava never threatened Trina (or at least not yet). 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, graight said:

Why isn't a psychiatrist treating Heather?  Don't some prisoners get out of jail because they are found to be no longer a danger to the public?  Where is Kevin?

Laura and Kevin briefly discussed Heather today. I can't with Laura feeling sorry for Heather that she'll never get to watch Ace sleep in person.

Mac, Maxie's intentions were not always good when she was lying in the past and Felicia, Cody is not Mac's only child! Mac is entitled to be angry and not trust Cody. Their attitude that he needs to forgive and welcome Cody into the family immediately is very irritating. 

Portia, way to ruin a romantic dinner your thoughtful daughter set up for you and your husband as a celebration.

The script for Elizabeth and Jason today and SB's subtle reactions were effective in showing that Jason knows so little about his son and has missed his whole life. I guess Jake going to college in Spain is how the show is going to write HW's exit in the near future? I thought Jake was about to be a senior in high school so the "sooner than you think" and mention of 4 years of language in high school surprised me. 

Elizabeth, one baseball game is not "making an effort." My favorite line of the day though was Jason crediting/praising Elizabeth for how her boys have turned out when she brought up Franco's influence. I think SB's face continues to convey that Jason has lasting regrets about his romantic feelings for Elizabeth and not being a family with her and Jake (and Jake's brothers). The 'vibe' if you will when Jason is in scenes with Elizabeth is completely different than when he is with Sam. (Maybe Burton and Monaco are just not friendly BTS? I think I recall mention of that.)

So Cody thinks Sasha should keep her mouth shout because the Q Family is rich and powerful? Lovely. Umm, her friend Nina has a right to know that her sorta lover has been kissing her daughter. 

Anna, if you're this defensive with Jason about Valentin, how are you going to handle it if/when Robert finds out what you've been up to and confronts you?

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1

Is it just me or when Michael said that Willow and Drew were working together late was anyone thinking like Sasha and going “Oh Crap!” in their head?

• Like 2

Why is Laura wearing long sleeves and tucked into a blanket up to her chin in the middle of summer? If the apartment is that cold, turn down the a/c.

If Jake turns down Jason's offer to pay for everything, he's being a jerk to Elizabeth. He's old enough to know the basics of her financial situation. My older brother went to an expensive private college, and even as a supremely self-involved teenager, I knew if I wanted to go somewhere similar, there would be some belt-tightening on my parents' part, even with them telling me not to be concerned. (Luckily for everyone, I didn't want to go anywhere but the flagship of my state university.)

I laughed so hard when Trina asked Laura if Portia had said anything about Heather. Just a few words here and there.

Well, if Curtis is confident that Heather will stay in her cell at Pentonville for the rest of her days, Heather is gonna get sprung sooner rather than later.

14 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I can't with Laura feeling sorry for Heather that she'll never get to watch Ace sleep in person.

This was so obnoxious. And also manipulative—don't use stupid Ace to make me feel bad for Heather being in jail. Heather has been trouble since the day she rolled into Port Charles. Pepperidge Farm isn't the only one who remembers, Show.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3

Cody: Does Willow seem like the kind of person to sneak behind Michael's back?
Sasha: Absolutely Not!!

giphy.webp

She screwed Michael behind her dying's husband's back. She's totally the type.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

I cannot believe they are writing off Jake.  What are they thinking???

I guess that since they have Danny they believe Jake won't be necessary for any further Jason drama.  And with Jake gone that means that Aiden/Lucky can proceed without any interference.

• Sad 1
  • Angry 3

Before Jason offered, I was thinking that the least he could do is pay for Jake's university and living expenses. Dismissing Franco's role in the boys' live was on point for anyone as deadbeat as Jason.

Is Hudson going to university?

Portia is someone else who needs a therapist because she is getting increasingly irrational. Meanwhile Trina, who was the one Heather actually went after, is looking at the situation logically and without much emotion. I wonder about the reason that they are writing such a contrast between Portia and Trina .

I see that they are pretending that Marshall is still around.

Mac/Felicia/Maxie/Cody/Sasha was a nice little storyline

• Like 2

Random thoughts.

I loved Felicia's skirt. The fabric was just beautiful.

Portia needs to shut up. Her daughter was not murdered, nor even attacked.

Heather was locked up in a mental institute for decades before she started hooking people. She'd be going right back to one if found not guilty because of the cobalt poisoning. (Btw, a friend of mine had that and had an emergency hip replacement because the levels were so high. She didn't kill anyone nor was she filled with rage before getting the new hip.)

Why do Cam and Jake get to go off to universities far away, while we're stuck with Josslyn, whose parents could easily pay for her to go to school far far far away from PC, attending PCU? I want Jake to stick around.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I'm shocked a world-class educational institution like PCU doesn't have an equally renowned art program, so Jake is obviously having to settle with the school in Barcelona.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I see that they are pretending that Marshall is still around.

Has the actor left?

I am pissed if they are getting rid of Jake before Lucky's return. WTF?! He was the whole point of Lucky's return last time. And of course we are hearing about Jason and Jake bonding off screen. I guess we need all that time to hear Jason have the same boring conversations with Carly and Anna over and over. 

Okay, if it were my 18 year old son who needed me to pay for his elite education at a university in another country, it would certainly not be his decision if he was "okay with it" if his deadbeat dad foot that super gynormous bill. Please and thank you! 😂

• Like 5

Why isn’t Laura putting all of her effort into getting her son out of jail? Is she visting him?

is Marshall off the show?

28 minutes ago, ljr said:

Why isn’t Laura putting all of her effort into getting her son out of jail? Is she visting him?

Wasn't Laura the one who encouraged Nik to take responsibility for his actions and turn himself in?

We don't know if she visits him, but from what she's said to Ava, it sounds like he doesn't want contact with her at the moment. Laura is getting her news about Nik from Ava, and she doesn't seem to have much to share.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

giphy.webp

Hey Cody and Sasha ask Chase if Willow is that type! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Portia, after ranting about heather for twenty minutes after setting foot in the house: "Let's not let talk of heather ruin our dinner."

Me: Too late.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Okay i'm finding clips. 
I thought Willow had this massive passion to be a nurse. but now she is saying she's so glad she can wear perfume and not have to be in scrubs like it's beneath her?

• Applause 3

Jason is strangely protective of Anna, former WSB agent, going to suss out Valentin. But then I remembered that he's used to working with Carly who regularly screws everything up.

26 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I thought Willow had this massive passion to be a nurse. but now she is saying she's so glad she can wear perfume and not have to be in scrubs like it's beneath her?

She married Michael.

it's insulting to the people who work in scrubs.  Also, it's a whole lot easier to figure out what to put on in the morning when you have a uniform.

3 hours ago, DanaK said:

Has the actor left?

I thought that I read that he was off the show now.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

it's insulting to the people who work in scrubs.  Also, it's a whole lot easier to figure out what to put on in the morning when you have a uniform.

tell me about it
and i am getting mighty tired of Willow saying DREW is the reason she can see her kids. that would be Lisel. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

giphy.webp

Yes, but does Sasha know about Willow cheating on Chase? I remember that Chase confronted Willow and Michael, but other than that he mostly kept the betrayal to himself. BLQ is the one person I know either found out, or Chase confided in her.

2 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yes, but does Sasha know about Willow cheating on Chase? I remember that Chase confronted Willow and Michael, but other than that he mostly kept the betrayal to himself. BLQ is the one person I know either found out, or Chase confided in her.

I really wanna say yes.... like Sasha was all "it's okay that you're in love with Michael, Willow." but now i'll have to search.

Jason wants to throw money at Jake, Elizabeth shouldn't have even been telling him about Jake going to school. Especially when he has to ask questions like "does Jake even know Spanish?" Let him go give his money to Carly's kids. Elizabeth should not take his money and agree. 

Why doesn't her or Jake ask where and why Jason been gone. 

Portia go get your petition. Mayor trying to free a cop killer is an issue.  She's a cop killer no matter what. 

25 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Elizabeth should not take his money

Why not? He’s Jake’s father and if this is the best he can do, let him do it. Why should she go into debt for Jake’s education if she doesn’t have to? 

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Why not? He’s Jake’s father and if this is the best he can do, let him do it. Why should she go into debt for Jake’s education if she doesn’t have to? 

Because Jake is how old? Where has Jason been before college? She did it this long why give in now. There were other options than debt. Student loan, plus Jake had family members with money who has been here for him his entire life that would help. Scott, Laura, Quartermaines. Cameron worked. 

Jason wants to help his guilt of being a deadbeat and choosing Carly.  He even gave Carly half his money instead of his 2 kids. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 1
(edited)

You'd think Jason would be running low on money, what with the 5 million he spent on Carly to get her half of the hotel back.

This Anna/Valentin "seduction" is stupid.  Can't they clone the phone, or break in and steal it?

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Jason wants to throw money at Jake, Elizabeth shouldn't have even been telling him about Jake going to school. Especially when he has to ask questions like "does Jake even know Spanish?" Let him go give his money to Carly's kids. Elizabeth should not take his money and agree.

But why not? Jason’s a deadbeat, the least he could do is help financially. Jason just forked over millions for Carly to get her hotel back after she lost it in a get rich quick scheme so he clearly isn’t strapped for cash. Why have Liz go into debt for their kid’s school when she doesn’t have to?  

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

Elizabeth and Jake should absolutely take the money. But I'm more incensed by the idea that the show could be writing out Jake when HW is the best teen/child actor in the cast. He should be on a contract.

• Like 11
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Student loan, plus Jake had family members with money who has been here for him his entire life that would help. Scott, Laura, Quartermaines. Cameron worked. HW

Jason wants to help his guilt 

Elizabeth said they were looking into loans. Jason said would you let me cover the costs instead. Scott knew of Jake, but he didn't have a relationship with him until Elizabeth and Franco got serious.  Jake was only Franco's stepson for about four years when Peter/Heinrich killed Franco. Elizabeth would never, ever ask Laura for money at a time when Laura and Kevin have started raising a toddler who is Laura's grandson (not to mention Jake was technically the result of Elizabeth cheating on Laura's son), and the Quartermaines hardly know Jake. I've only seen one scene of HW's Jake interacting with family in the Q mansion in the eight years he's been playing Jake.  I don't think LC and HW have ever acted together (which is such a missed opportunity). 

Yes, Cameron worked. Cameron's biological father is deceased so no $ from him. Who knows if Lucky has contributed anything financially since he never legally adopted Cam and it's never been mentioned what, if anything, Lucky was required or volunteered to pay to support him.  Elizabeth just told Jason she's paying for expenses for his college. I think he also got a scholarship? Or partial?

So what if Jason wants to pay because he's feeling guilty? Let him!!! Elizabeth deserves help paying for an incredible but expensive overseas opportunity her son has earned through talent and hard work. She's still going to have to make financial decisions in a few years regarding Aiden's post-high school education, training or goals. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

I think it's ridiculous that Laura wouldn't have the money, but yes Liz should absolutely take Jason's cash. That being said, I have a very hard time buying that Elizabeth is strapped at this point. Between Audrey and the Hardys, Laura, whatever Lucky or Luke left provided for her which I suspect is a considerable amount over the years (Luke used to regularly shave off pieces of the Ice Princess to keep the family in clover), Franco's ill-gotten gains, etc. I think she should be good, unless it's about pride.

• Like 4

I like Portia's  new hairstyle .. makes her look like a young Angela Bassett.

So a prestigious art school sends out acceptance letters two months before school starts?  I think not.  And I agree Elizabeth should accept Jason's money for the school. It's the least he can do.

Cody was funny about Sasha blackmailing Drew.  I like his personality.

Trina sure did a 180 on Heather.  She was all up in Laura's face a few weeks ago about not letting Heather get out of jail.

Willow has turned into a bit of a flake.  She spends several years and a good amount of money studying to be a nurse (yeah, right) and then just drops it like it was nothing. And now she's spending late nights with Drew doing who knows what. Next she'll decide to run off and join the circus. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

Let him go give his money to Carly's kids.

It's not like this asshole wasn't a beneficiary of half of his will. Jake and Danny would have gotten less than her. Father of the year. I'll take care of the overgrown child and walking disaster first and foremost, always and forever.

• Like 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, jsbt said:

I have a very hard time buying that Elizabeth is strapped at this point.

Elizabeth lost a big chunk of money when she stupidly took Steven Lars's advice to invest in something that tanked. And remember when GV's Lucky got shot and addicted to pills and they had no health insurance? A cop and a nurse? 

For some reason, Elizabeth is always thisclose to going broke, when as head nurse at GH she should be pulling down a low six-figure salary. That doesn't make her rich—or able to shoulder three college tuitions on her own—but they write her as barely able to keep food on the table. Elizabeth is the financially struggling single mother, for some reason.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 2