Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

So much wrong in just the few minutes before the opening credits!

Sasha—yeah, benzos are supposed to mellow you out, though maybe Sasha has the opposite reaction to stimulants, heh.

Willow and Michael—zzzz. Shouldn't Michael be wearing a mask?

The MetroCourt—the door lock should be deactivated, and if Anna is supposed to be stealthy, tearing down the police tape isn't the way to go about that.

BL and Tracy—oh, dear. Can't we end this dumb blackmail story now? I won't even care that it's hasty and unsatisfying.

• Like 7

Michael: "What else would I do?" Me: "Uh, how about your job at Aurora?"

14 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I love Lucy's dress.

Same, and Felicia's was nice, too. Wardrobe has been great with dresses for a while now.

Oh, so I guess it's the combo of the benzo with Sasha's antidepressant that's making her act like this.

ETA: BL came clean to Chase about Tracy getting his badge back! I need to stop posting while I'm watching.

18 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Dumbest line of the day was Esme's "do you want me to give your little brother a message from you?" to Spencer.  The kid isn't even six months old.  I don't know what the hell the writers are doing here with her and Spencer, but I don't think they know either. 

I was so close to saying that out loud, but Mr. Pris happened to be there and he doesn't need to know how invested I am in this train wreck.  🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
58 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Shouldn't Michael be wearing a mask?

If he's staying inside with her, than he's in her bubble, whereas both Sasha and Chase came in from outside and I guess could be carrying something.  Athough I don't know why they have to wear a mask but not anything over their clothes.  

Money hungry Lucy wouldn’t want Martin to give up 50k/month alimony just to marry her so I don’t know why this is such a big gotcha moment. She wouldn’t if she were in the same position 

• Like 8
39 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I like Stella's clothes, too.  They really suit her.   Felicia, Lucy and Stella are best dressed on the show. 

I would add Portia to this list too.  Her dresses are so cute and fit perfectly.

27 minutes ago, Pristine said:

I was so close to saying that out loud, but Mr. Pris happened to be there and he doesn't need to know how invested I am in this train wreck.  🤣

Lmao….same.  My husband thinks I’m a nut and honestly….he’s not wrong 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I did not need to watch Willow getting all giggly and excited over having sex with Michael again.

I loved Felicia's dress and wow KW looked good in it.

Sonny should have had a scene with Sasha, he would have recognized the signs of mania. Nurse Willow should have too.

34 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Money hungry Lucy wouldn’t want Martin to give up 50k/month alimony just to marry her so I don’t know why this is such a big gotcha moment. She wouldn’t if she were in the same position 

This is the big Martin mystery that sent Lucy and Felicia to Pine Valley? (Hi, Jackson!)

What a nothing burger.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

If he's staying inside with her, than he's in her bubble,

I thought the bubble was the people who were allowed to visit Willow, not just the people she's living with? Whatever, it's all too boring for me to care about the answer, lol.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
23 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I’d pay someone $1,000 to punch Joss right in the nose as hard as possible. Maybe even $2,000. What a bitch.

I'll pay someone $5,000 to slap Zeke. I don't know what it is about that guy, but even the shape of his head annoys the Hell out of me.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5

How is it that no one has noticed how hyper Sasha has been acting the past few days? They all know that she had addiction problems in the past but no one is suspicious of her over the top behavior??! Wake up, people!!

• Like 6
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought the bubble was the people who were allowed to visit Willow, not just the people she's living with? Whatever, it's all too boring for me to care about the answer, lol.

None of it makes any sense.  A bubble would mean she's isolated with that person.  NOt people who can come in whenever they want and bring in the germs from the outside world.  

1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

How is it that no one has noticed how hyper Sasha has been acting the past few days?

It was only today that she was all wackadoo squirelly and Maxie did look concerned and asked her about it.  I think willow would have said something if Chase hadn't come in at that moment.  

• Like 2

Nice to see Walt Wiley, but he could have been playing any dayplayer lawyer today.  We're seriously to believe Lucy would not know who Jackson Montgomery is given Erica Kane is a peer slash competitor of hers, not to mention a fixture in the type of tabloids Ms. Coe would definitely read?  Lucy would for sure know Jackson is a former Mr. Erica Kane, it's ridiculous she didn't even mention it off-handedly to Felicia.

And why did we spend so little time with Lucy and Jackson and instead watch Felicia snoop through drawers, try multiple file cabinet keys, etc.?

In completely other news, my girl Amanda Setton was looking gorge today.

• Like 3

Willow apologizing to Michael for not being able to perform her wifely duties was very Duggar-esque and right on brand for someone whose entire identity is "wife of Michael and mother of his children."

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

How is it that no one has noticed how hyper Sasha has been acting the past few days? They all know that she had addiction problems in the past but no one is suspicious of her over the top behavior??! Wake up, people!!

That’s a common theme. No one noticed the last times she was off when she was using for months, especially not Michael and Willow. 

• Like 5

Gladys hooking Sasha on pills while she laughs and drinks champagne is disgusting.  All to hold her money. 

Nobody realizes Sasha recovering addict seems high?

Zzzz Millow. 

Nice to see Jackson from AMC but the writing on this show is really bad. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Thank God I no longer have to see BLQ's "Oops I got a secret and I'm being blackmailed" dropped mouth TMJ guilt face anymore, and after what seems like eons that crap is finally over with and ..oh fook it's back. 😞

• LOL 7

Will Gladys need to steal the prescription back?  Won't the police go through Sasha's purse when she is booked for shoplifting and find the pills?  Pills with her name on them and the prescribing doctor's name?

Why is a detective arresting a shoplifter?  Doesn't he have more serious crimes to investigate, like stealing corporate secrets? 

Why didn't the inventory control tag set off an alarm at the store?

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Portia is hit or miss for me.

portia-beige-sweater-stripe-skrit.jpg.we

I still feel so weird seeing Brooke/Portia without her Donna Summer poodle perm that she's been sporting since at least 1999 on Passions. I have never seen her switch it up until now. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Artsda said:

Gladys hooking Sasha on pills while she laughs and drinks champagne is disgusting.  All to hold her money. 

Maybe she didn’t think through what the consequences could be, but her and the doctor’s actions definitely are disgusting. Gladys is all about the money, plus of course she owes a lot to Miss Wu

• Like 7
4 hours ago, DanaK said:

Maybe she didn’t think through what the consequences could be, but her and the doctor’s actions definitely are disgusting. Gladys is all about the money, plus of course she owes a lot to Miss Wu

I can't even decide who is worse.  On the one hand, Gladys is her family and should care more about her than money.  On the other hand, a doctor doing that, just ugh.

The stupid thing is if Gladys just told Sasha what was going on, she'd probably go ahead and pay the debt and get Gladys into some kind of gambling program.

• Like 11
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Willow apologizing to Michael for not being able to perform her wifely duties was very Duggar-esque and right on brand for someone whose entire identity is "wife of Michael and mother of his children."

As gross as that was, I took perverse pleasure in the fact that sex has been off the table for weeks and will continue to be.

51 minutes ago, Katy M said:

The stupid thing is if Gladys just told Sasha what was going on, she'd probably go ahead and pay the debt and get Gladys into some kind of gambling program.

Ninety-five percent of the "problems" characters face on this fakakta show would be resolved if people just spat out what was going on. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DanaK said:

I enjoyed seeing Walt Willey again as Jackson, though I don’t know about that beard

I liked the beard. Which is weird, because I normally don't.  But he looked distinguished, not scruffy. 

• Like 1

Marshall: "Who would shoot my son?"  Me:  Me!  I would! In a heartbeat.

The device of a person on an operating table in a fantasy hearing real voices calling him back while his dead loved ones beg him to stay is so overused it's become a cheap trick now.

Trina's reaction is just so OTT. Not TA's fault, the writing is terrible.

The Invader wants to do an article on the design process of the Deceptor. Is the story finally moving on?

Is there a reason I'm missing that Kristina asking Maxie about surrogacy is insensitive? Other than Georgie's parentage which Molly may have been too young to be aware of.  Scapegoating, not attention-seeking, is the word for how the show treats Kristina.

Why wasn't Sonny keeping an eye on his investment up to now? That's a lot of money to throw at a neophyte.

Just now, ffwbe said:

Michael not wearing a mask when everyone else is weird. Willow wears one too

And hide that gorgeous smile? </sarcasm>.

The Michael/Willow/Wylie scenes today were so painully bad.

15 hours ago, ciarra said:

Will Gladys need to steal the prescription back?  Won't the police go through Sasha's purse when she is booked for shoplifting and find the pills?  Pills with her name on them and the prescribing doctor's name?

The pills wouldn't have Gladys' name on them, only the doctor's and Sasha's. He told Gladys that they would not hurt Sasha so he gets my vote for the worse one. He should lose his license.

On the other hand, if Gladys doesn't put a stop to it now when she sees how much Sasha is hurting, she can go into the dumpster too.

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ninety-five percent of the "problems" characters face on this fakakta show would be resolved if people just spat out what was going on. 

I heard that as a definition of soap operas years ago but it's particularly egregious with GH.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is there a reason I'm missing that Kristina asking Maxie about surrogacy is insensitive?

She did miscarry the surrogate baby so maybe that’s why? 

• Thanks 2
45 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The device of a person on an operating table in a fantasy hearing real voices calling him back while his dead loved ones beg him to stay is so overused it's become a cheap trick now.

Especially because none of them ever cooperate and go into the light!

45 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Scapegoating, not attention-seeking, is the word for how the show treats Kristina.

I'm so over it.  The way Sam always talks to her is a always cross between condescending and rude and Molly is the same way.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

The pills wouldn't have Gladys' name on them

Yes, I know that, but she knows about the pills and is closest in proximity.  It would be really suspicious if Doctor what's-his-name went though Sasha's purse. 

Sasha is arrested, high as a kite, they're going to be looking for drugs.  Drugs that shouldn't have been given to her.

It was highly suspicious how the drugs were dispensed.  The doctor just handed her the pills, he could have tampered with labeling or with the meds in the bottle.

Unless the doctor knew she wouldn't be able to stick to the dosage?  Then he would legally be in the clear when she started taking them like candy.

Edited by ciarra
  • Useful 1
44 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

As if these hacks would ever be creative.

It cracks me up that everyone thinks Curtis is important enough to be targeted by a shooter.

How long did Trina wait to get a DNA test? It was probably a few weeks at most, right? Stahp with the "I wasted so much time" nonsense. I'm so tired of everyone sobbing that they could have acted better. Yeah, you could have but you didn't. That's how things go. Use this to be better in the future. 

I FFed through nearly all of the unbearable Willow/Michael/Wiley crap. LOL that Michael couldn't even translate "c'est parfait." 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm so over it.  The way Sam always talks to her is an always cross between condescending and rude and Molly is the same way.

IMO, the vibes between Sam and Kristina have been off since early 2020 when they had that fight and Kristina rightfully pointed out how she wasn’t to blame for Sam being on probation since Sam chose to go after Shiloh well after Kristina was out of the cult and she was pathetic for fighting so hard to be around Jason when he put her and the kids in 5th place on a good day.

Since then, Sam has either treated her like a problem child (see not including her in Alexis’ intervention because she would ruin things when Sam was a complete bitch to Alexis) or she pats her on the head and says one day she’ll get it together. Idk, Sam got everything handed to her, including her PI business we never see her doing, via Jason’s mob money. I don’t see her dating Dante to be any major life accomplishment. At least Kristina seems to have goals and interests.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Small blessings: Carly-free episodes. I lost electricity so I had only 20 minutes of show today, the tail end, so I got to miss all the nonsense with the mayo couple and their spawn, pretending to be in Paris. I saw Michael wearing a beret, so I'm assuming that's what they were doing.

They really live in their own little bubble, don't they? The world could be burning all around them and they'll still be oblivious to it and completely self-centered.

Curtis should have followed his mother. I liked the ring she had on, though, with what looked like seashells.

Nina staying with Portia and family was nice, but it's just more people to turn on her when they find out that she turned in poor Carly for committing a crime. Pass!

So TJ was either operating or allowed in the OR with Curtis? I like TJ, but I'm tired of him being the only doctor available on a show called General Hospital. I'm assuming that his next stop will be tropical diseases whenever ME takes a few days off.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I like TJ, but I'm tired of him being the only doctor available on a show called General Hospital. I'm assuming that his next stop will be tropical diseases whenever ME takes a few days off.

Only another specialty? He's probably being considered for co-Chief of Staff, now that Britt's gone. 

• LOL 5
22 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Small blessings: Carly-free episodes. I lost electricity so I had only 20 minutes of show today, the tail end, so I got to miss all the nonsense with the mayo couple and their spawn, pretending to be in Paris. I saw Michael wearing a beret, so I'm assuming that's what they were doing.

They really live in their own little bubble, don't they? The world could be burning all around them and they'll still be oblivious to it and completely self-centered.

Curtis should have followed his mother. I liked the ring she had on, though, with what looked like seashells.

Nina staying with Portia and family was nice, but it's just more people to turn on her when they find out that she turned in poor Carly for committing a crime. Pass!

So TJ was either operating or allowed in the OR with Curtis? I like TJ, but I'm tired of him being the only doctor available on a show called General Hospital. I'm assuming that his next stop will be tropical diseases whenever ME takes a few days off.

I can't imagine why Portia would give a isht that Nina turned Carly in, but I'm sure they'll find a way. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I just realized that they thought doing that was more important than trying to help Sasha, who always drops everything to be support Willow. She got arrested in their house and Michael immediately dumped the problem onto Gladys because pretending to be in Paris was more important. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

She got arrested in their house and Michael immediately dumped the problem onto Gladys because pretending to be in Paris was more important. 

Be fair: Michael told Chase to look out for her. I'm sure Michael thinks that was enough. 

• LOL 4
4 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I can't imagine why Portia would give a isht that Nina turned Carly in, but I'm sure they'll find a way. 

The same woman who was okay with Trina hanging out at Sonny's house while he and Carly were still married but had a huge problem with same daughter working for Ava. Where there's a will, there's a way.

4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I just realized that they thought doing that was more important than trying to help Sasha, who always drops everything to be support Willow. She got arrested in their house and Michael immediately dumped the problem onto Gladys because pretending to be in Paris was more important. 

Remember when Nina went to Willow and asked her to spend time with Sasha because her husband had just been murdered and because Sasha was always there for her?

Same thing. I could give a flying fuck that Willow was dealing with her own stuff because Sasha has supported Willow while she was going through her own stuff. When Sasha's son died and then her husband died, Michael and Willow showed up for a whole 2 minutes. 

Those two are assholes of the highest order. If they were real people, no one but their immediate family would want to be around them. 

• Like 5
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, CeChase said:

Easy. Carly is Joss’ mom. Trina’s amazing best friend. 🙄🙄🙄

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I laughed at how long it took Curtis to squeeze out that one tear. The show was almost over, and he just barely pushed it out at the post. 

I was FFing Willow and Michael, but caught their last scene. The Wiley actor was just staring at them with this look on his face like... "Jesus, I gave up pre-school for this crap! Fook my life!" 

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

So TJ was either operating or allowed in the OR with Curtis?

He was allowed to stay.  Probably to shut up the family from constantly asking when the surgery would be over.  

• LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Does anyone know how the actor's strike will impact GH? Are soap actors and crews exempt?

Soap actors are working under a different deal that doesn’t expire until 2024 so they aren’t impacted by the strike. 

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3