Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Joss and Dex have to be the dumbest people alive if they truly think that Dex and Michael are going to testify against Sonny, he’s going to prison forever, and they’ll be safe in town with nothing happening to him.

Let’s pretend like the show would actually punish Sonny (they won’t). Between Sonny’s influence and all of the other mob families and whoever he’s doing to deal with, Dex would have a target on his back for the rest of his life. Second, Michael would never admit to being the one who orchestrated this, much less testify in court so they’d have to rely on the unknown guy who committed multiple felonies under the guise of taking down a mob boss. I’m sure Dex just believes that they’ll automatically offer him immunity as well. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

Runner up in the dumbest people in town category is Willow who is shocked to find out what Sonny does for a living. Somehow she didn’t have concerns about Carly being a mob boss a couple years ago. Though I laughed that Michael finally admitting his revenge plot against Sonny is what caused her to pass out at the end of the episode. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2

I like Willow and i get that she's sick, but man she faints a lot.  It's like she's the heroine in a Civil war era book.

13 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Somehow she didn’t have concerns about Carly being a mob boss a couple years ago.

to be fair, like us, she's been told that Sonny is the head of a mob that never does anything morally bad.

And again, if you guys had bothered to take 2 seconds to tell Scott 2 sentences of explanation he wouldn't have called the WSB.  

I'm not 100% sure Liesel gave Valentine the disease.  She could have had almost anything in that syringe.  Maybe she gave him the antidote and for whatever reason his nose is just bleeding.  My nose sometimes bleeds and I've never been injected with a fatal disease.

tomorrow looks stressful.

29 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Joss and Dex have to be the dumbest people alive if they truly think that Dex and Michael are going to testify against Sonny, he’s going to prison forever, and they’ll be safe in town with nothing happening to him.

Sonny will never take revenge on michael no matter what he does.  Dex is another story.

30 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’m sure Dex just believes that they’ll automatically offer him immunity as well. 

If this was not a federal crime and PC had any interest in taking Sonny down (like in the Mac/taggart era), then yes, I can see him getting immunity.  But, I don't know that Sonny is a big enough fish in the federal realm to justify that.  Especially if the tape (for lack of a better word) has been turned over before a deal is in place.  And since if it comes (and I have a feeling Michael's not going to end up turning it over) it came from Michael, there won't be.

• Like 2

Ok. I’m no huge EM fan but man…….EH gives nothing in this relationship. Eden is carrying the whole thing on her back. Is Dex supposed to be conflicted? I thought so but I’m getting absolutely nothing from the actor. I just don’t think acting is his strong suit. The writing is not helping either, but Evan is not elevating the material at all. It’s bad. Eden is better than him but not by much. I just think they (Dex, Joss, and Michael) should be playing this with more conflict. 

Is Willow dumb? I understand she didn’t know the details of Sonny’s business but the shock at what he does made her ridiculously naive. I’ve never met a mobster but I would assume they deal with drugs, weapons, human trafficking, or something generally terrible! I wouldn’t be shocked that they don’t actually import coffee. What was the point of that scene? Is she no longer gonna push for reconciliation?!? 

But the highlight of the episode for me - even beyond my Sprina moments - was Michael’s news causing Willow to pass out! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Guess she didn’t realize how vindictive and petty her husband was! I love it! If only the news literally killed her, I would be ecstatic! 

I rarely say this for her but did they need to meet a minimum for ReHe? Those scenes w/Robert were lame. Why she didn’t do what the SEC agent did at the end is beyond me!? Talk about dragging something out. Every time I hit mute, I couldn’t believe they were still talking about her getting into the room!!! 🙄

Loved all the Sprina stuff. I wish Taggart had been in those scenes with Trina though. 

Victor is cold as ice. That nose bleed scene was good. 

• Like 8
39 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The hypocrisy of everyone saying that it's okay that poor Carly broke the law, she was just being a loving mother, but SONNY MUST BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE.

I feel like everybody in that scenario is just Michael and Joss.  And, yes, they're being hypocrites is not brand new information.

• Like 2

Even though I like her now, I think it’s pretty fitting that Liesl is now a prisoner tasked with finding some rapid medical cure since it’s the exact thing for which she helped to imprison Robin.

I thought it was really nice that Nina asked about Martin’s mother before launching into what she needed from him.  Just another common courtesy the Carlys are incapable of extending.

• Like 15
(edited)
8 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I thought it was really nice that Nina asked about Martin’s mother before launching into what she needed from him.  Just another common courtesy the Carlys are incapable of extending.

And asking Kevin (the bodyguard, not Collins) how his day was going.  I will say I like that the show is showing us how Sonny's subordinates, along with Avery and Donna, all seem to really like Nina and not treat her like dirt on the bottom of their shoes, a la the Carlys.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 16
(edited)
9 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I read today that Soaps have about one month's worth of episodes "in the can." My guess is after that we'll be seeing "Classic GH episodes."

It would be cool if they showed actual older classic episodes, not “classics” from like 5 years ago. Anything would be good but early 90’s episodes like Robin/Stone, OG Lucky & Liz, the BJ’s heart episodes, etc. where my JAM.

6 hours ago, Daisy said:

honestly - this stuff doesn't bother me. same if the show had the freaking courage to actually had a pro life vs pro choice actual storyline (vs. the crap we got w/Willow) when life happened. again same with rape/kidnapping storylines or the current ALS storyline (or even Willow's "cancer" storyline). that's what soaps do.  (or did anyway) again I remember OLTL doing Marty's gang rape, because of the big gang rape story that happened in real life at the time, and they wanted the "soap world" to deal with it as the real world did it. 

I feel the same…in the past soaps were always at the forefront of dealing with real life, controversial issues.  It’s only in recent years they’ve become so averse to hot topics, not that I can blame them.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

I don't know if there are other writers who will come in during the strike, but I really wonder what this show would like like out of the hands of these bored, don't give a crap about anything current writers.

This episode was just bad. Victor and Leisl are still a highlight and I think that's it. I still don't care for Curtis being there rescuing Trina when we have had absolutely nothing about Taggert knowing that his child is stuck on a boat with a basic psycho.

• Like 6

FFS, Michael won't even let Willow raise the idea that she might die. Saying it out loud isn't going to automatically make it happen, you dingdong. (Too bad for us.)

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Shut up Willow working to get Michael and Sonny back together while rejecting your own family.

This is completely ignored every single time. I don't get it at all.

Willow not knowing what Sonny actually did just shows how insulated she's been. Had she been able to have a minute or two for a few thoughts of her own, it wouldn't have been too hard to figure out what's going on. 

"She's loyal to her dad; she doesn't want to admit he's done anything wrong." Because Kristina doesn't think Sonny has done anything wrong, or at least she's willing to look past it. People are allowed their own opinions, princess.

Sheesh, Liesl, what happened to the alcohol wipe before the injection?

Today felt like a giant recap.

During the last writers strike there was a "fi core" option that allowed writers who couldn't afford to go on strike work. Bu they lost their union voting privileges (and probably more; I don't remember), and you had to declare that's what you were doing, so everyone knew who you were. I think most writers were sympathetic to writers needing to support their families, but there was also a fair amount of rancor aimed at them. It's not as if they were the only ones who lost their income. I think a few of the GH writers opted for this.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

the only parts of the show worth watching are him with Liesl and Valentine, and Liz being smarter than Robert plans for in getting to Holly.

Eh? Did I miss something? Do you mean Elizabeth is being smarter than Robert? How'd she get involved in this? Granted, I haven't watched, but I've been reading all the comments. Can you clarify?

34 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

in the past soaps were always at the forefront of dealing with real life, controversial issues.

Well, since COVID never happened in GH's universe, then Victor's plan shouldn't bother anyone. But it does bother me. But, potato and potahto and all that.

But agree, this show doesn't have any balls when it comes to taking a stance on whatever social issues are out there, unless it's a plot point that comes out of fucking nowhere.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I feel like everybody in that scenario is just Michael and Joss.  And, yes, they're being hypocrites is not brand new information.

The only three people who know about it are Michael, Joss and Dex and they are all in favour of Sonny going to jail for the rest of his life. Yesterday everyone, including Ned, was shocked that the SEC would accuse Carly of insider trading because she's such a good person. So while it's not new information, the juxtaposition is very annoying.

1 hour ago, lala2 said:

Is Willow dumb? I understand she didn’t know the details of Sonny’s business but the shock at what he does made her ridiculously naive. I’ve never met a mobster but I would assume they deal with drugs, weapons, human trafficking, or something generally terrible! I wouldn’t be shocked that they don’t actually import coffee. What was the point of that scene? Is she no longer gonna push for reconciliation?!?

I will be shocked if that is anything but a fake cliff-hanger. She's going to wake up, say that it was the exhaustion of the day and support Michael 100%.

23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

FFS, Michael won't even let Willow raise the idea that she might die. Saying it out loud isn't going to automatically make it happen, you dingdong. (Too bad for us.)

I guess we're supposed to take it as Michael being encouraging but what it really is is controlling. He doesn't give her the space to deal with her reality and to make plans, and he doesn't respect her enough to know what she needs.  It's gross.

17 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Eh? Did I miss something? Do you mean Elizabeth is being smarter than Robert? How'd she get involved in this? Granted, I haven't watched, but I've been reading all the comments. Can you clarify?

Liz needed to go in to check on Anna and Robert was trying to keep her out of the room because Anna had left and Scott was in there knocked out. Every lame reason he gave for her not going in (Anna's sleeping, she's very deep asleep) Liz countered (I'll do it quietly, if she's really that physically depressed that I need to check her out in case anything is wrong).

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I guess we're supposed to take it as Michael being encouraging but what it really is is controlling. He doesn't give her the space to deal with her reality and to make plans, and he doesn't respect her enough to know what she needs.

It's gross.

It sure is. It's also really annoying that Willow doesn't insist that they talk about this. Talking about it to Carly isn't the same thing, regardless of how close they all are. And so what if it upsets Michael? He needs to hear this stuff, Willow. He's your husband. GAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

• Like 10
(edited)
35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

During the last writers strike there was a "fi core" option that allowed writers who couldn't afford to go on strike work. Bu they lost their union voting privileges (and probably more; I don't remember), and you had to declare that's what you were doing, so everyone knew who you were. I think most writers were sympathetic to writers needing to support their families, but there was also a fair amount of rancor aimed at them.

That's not okay. I just went back to work after a strike and we knew full well that there were people who were required to work and people who couldn't afford not to work because they are one income families. Plus we had no idea how long this thing was going to last. If the union finds out about those who crossed the picket line, though, they pay a fine and are kicked out of the union. But as far as I know there's been zero animosity between the employees. If anything, there have been a bunch of emails welcoming everyone back to work and we are being encouraged to use the resources in place for our mental health.

About the show and the completely inane stuff SheBeast Jr was spewing about her mom committing insider trading but not making any money and losing her hotel, little girl, your mother was bragging about how much money they were all going to make. She was chuffed over it and beaming from ear to ear, like she's not already rich.

But Sonny should go to jail because he broke the law (Carly should go to prison because she broke the law too, Ms. Tone Deaf) and Kristina is barely speaking to her. And the problem is what exactly? She is choosing her father just like you chose your mother. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 7
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
(edited)

The WGA said they would bar anyone who worked as a scab during this strike from becoming a future member. So that could affect the number of writers who want to be scab writers. And the DGA is standing with the WGA and isn’t allowing it’s members to help with writing either. So people like Gary Tomlin, who some thought would scab write for GH( and who was a scab writer during the last writers strike) and Frank who are part of the DGA can’t write either unless they want to risk their future membership and benefits.

Edited by Gemini2989
  • Like 1
  • Useful 9
49 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't know if there are other writers who will come in during the strike, but I really wonder what this show would like like out of the hands of these bored, don't give a crap about anything current writers.

The WGA says it's going to crack down harder to "scab" daytime writers than they did with the previous strike, so I think we could be in for a bumpier road. I don't think I'll be as affected as I was during the height of Covid, when that sense of normalcy and continuity would have been much welcomed!

Speaking of Covid, my two cents is that I don't mind this virus SL so much because of our current pandemic, but I am superstitious about these GH stunts. I remember when one of their big umbrella-type situation was about the Cassadines planning another big terrorist attack on Port Charles, and then 9/11 and the anthrax attacks happened in real life. The writers had to reel in that story straight away, so it became even more muddled than it already was.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

Kristina is probably ignoring Joss because she rants about Sonny 24/7. Why would she want to listen to that? I don’t think Kristina has ever been particularly close to Carly so why would she care about her being hurt? Joss doesn’t when Carly hurts someone else 

• Applause 2
  • Love 6

Maybe they could use the strike to pull a Days-of-Our-Lives and advance the storyline 6-12 months without actually playing it out. Willow would either be alive, or not.  Carly/Sonny/Michael/Drew in prison, or not.  The Greenland Gathering either sick or super-immune.  Nicholas awake. 

In the interim, it would be lovely if they could choose a well-written story from the past and show it, start to finish.  Although I'm afraid the difference in quality might be jarring.    

• Like 9
  • Love 2
(edited)

Thanks for all of this interesting info about the strike.  I had no idea what fi-core meant when I saw soap bloggers talking about it.  And I didn't know they were cracking down harder this time.  So now I am wondering if GH will eventually have to go dark.   Noted; i very much support the union and the strike.  I'm not upset about GH possible having to go dark.   It is what it is. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2

When I was explaining how the strike would affect GH to Mr Blackie he said "Oh no, will Sonny have to improvise?"  I said "he might do better because he doesn't seem to remember his lines or make it through them without mumbling".

Maybe they should just do improv GH and see where the actors take the stories.

That could be interesting.

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
3 hours ago, lala2 said:

Victor is cold as ice. That nose bleed scene was good. 

For me it was tough to watch. Even as a former 24 fan who was always fascinated by Jack Bauer's creative ways of torturing folks. I'm just glad it wasn't Trina or Spencer. That I couldn't watch. Am I missing something here or was there anything stopping Liesel from injecting Valentin with a placebo?

• Like 7

So, Curtis, Laura, and Drew planned to rescue the hostages and take down Victor and his goons ...with one gun between them? Do they have superpowers I don't know about. Oh I see, today Curtis is trying to Jedi mind trick the guards with his totally believable story about how (even though no one has ever seen him before) he is giving the orders now. 🙄

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)

So, if Carly's assets have been frozen, and Aurora's assets have been frozen, what are Carly and Mikey living off of?

And the way they're setting up this story, with Sonny demanding more info before letting the Pikeman product move through his territory... They have to be going with Sonny working with authorities to bust Pikeman, and Michael/ Dex are gonna blow it. 

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Like 10

Wow, hot pillow talk between Carly Jr and the Block of Wood.  Nothing says sexy like talking about what a bad guy Sonny is.

Also Willow telling Michael that all the people who love both him and Sonny clearly all know Sonny is terrible but don’t say anything to keep the peace might be the dumbest thing she’s said in, well, at least five minutes.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

Did I miss something today? When Micheal said to Willow that something else was missing from the ceremony and then he handed her the bouquet and then the scene ended. And then when they came back they had moved on(???) Did he mean she was supposed to throw the bouquet or something, I didn't get it.

1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

So, if Carly's assets have been frozen, and Aurora's assets have been frozen, what are Carly and Mikey living off of?

And the way they're setting up this story, with Sonny demanding more info before letting the Pikeman product move through his territory... They have to be going with Sonny working with authorities to bust Pikeman, and Michael/ Dex are gonna blow it. 

Michael has his Q trust fund and Carly has money from Sonny - there's no way he's not paying a generous amount of child support. Carly was never going to end up on the streets - her kids or ex-husbands would made sure of that. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t think Kristina has ever been particularly close to Carly so why would she care about her being hurt?

Carly is Kristina's godmother and stepmother at least three times and Michael/Morgan grew up closely with Kristina/Molly.

21 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

Michael has his Q trust fund and Carly has money from Sonny - there's no way he's not paying a generous amount of child support. Carly was never going to end up on the streets - her kids or ex-husbands would made sure of that. 

Michael would also has a trust fund from Sonny. Probably from previous divorce settlement, but in their last divorce, all she wanted was the house from Sonny. Nothing else. Child support if given would be to take care of Donna's needs and Carly unlike Gladys isn't going to use her daughter's funds on hersef.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ffwbe said:

They used scab writers during the last strike so I wouldn’t be surprised if they go that route again.

Maybe they can go with no writers. I mean:

* Spencer and Trina almost get to do something couple-ish but then don't

* Something happens and Carly and/or Joss gets to spend several scenes having an opinion about it even though it has nothing to do with her

* Something is Nina's fault

* Something happens with Liz and we get to focus on how Finn feels about it

* Sam is in a scene where she's not actually needed, except for the purpose of reaching her episode minimum

* Curtis is a dick about something

* Portia cries

* Victor plots

* Tracy or Scott says something clever

* Sonny mumbles something

* Michael and Willow talk about her death, but she comes no closer to actually dying

* A plot last featured 40 episodes ago spends a couple of scenes being moved forward before going back into cold storage for a few weeks

ChatGPT fills in the details and there's your episode.

• Wink 2
  • LOL 16
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

That's great idea.  Because it makes no sense "no guns or drugs" Sonny is just great and ok with mass bombing explosives. 

It also would make Michael look horrible. Kristina, Dante, Sonny and both kids should be done with him.  

Michael was all mobster junior before, he was ok with his mother taking over, ok with Jason as enforcer but Sonny business is now so bad? Michael cares so much now for safe. 

Willow see what she married now. 

Who is Liz's supervisor? I thought she was the supervisor. 

• Like 4
36 minutes ago, Steph J said:

Sam is in a scene where she's not actually needed, except for the purpose of reaching her episode minimum

and excessively kiss Dante.

Brooklyn looks longingly at Chase or Chase looks longingly at Brooklyn

Ava shifts her eyes

Spencer gets super dramatic

Drew ....... ya Drew doesn't do much

Laura has to run around and handle EVERYTHING

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

Did I miss something today? When Micheal said to Willow that something else was missing from the ceremony and then he handed her the bouquet and then the scene ended. And then when they came back they had moved on(???) Did he mean she was supposed to throw the bouquet or something, I didn't get it.

I think it had to do with him carrying her over the threshhold.  Must be some special Port Charles tradition that the bride should be carrying the bouquet at the time.  Unless they planned that she should throw it to baby Amelia.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

On the night of the Nurse's Ball, Trina was wearing the same pink dress that was in her potrait on her desk in her dorm. Who had that picture developed, framed and placed in her dorm room?

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
On 5/1/2023 at 3:31 PM, dubbel zout said:

"If it wasn't Ned, then who would have went to the SEC?" Sigh. Insert my usual lament about no one knowing proper grammar.

This is why CEO’s of media corporations should really go to college.

When Valentin’s nose started to bleed did anyone else think Stranger Things?  So glad they remembered to strap down his hands and put him in a hospital gown. Too bad they didn’t shave his head. Now I hope he goes all Eleven and uses his powers to hurl Papa Victor into the frozen wasteland.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3

The Victor scenes are becoming brutal, and I agree I could not have watched if he was using Trina or Spencer as his test subjects.  It was hard to watch anyway.  I mean, this is really sick stuff.   But that said, it's still the best storyline on the show right now, IMO. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

The Victor scenes are becoming brutal, and I agree I could not have watched if he was using Trina or Spencer as his test subjects.  It was hard to watch anyway.  I mean, this is really sick stuff.   But that said, it's still the best storyline on the show right now, IMO. 

I'm not bothered by any of this. It's about time Victor started to put his money where his mouth is.  As big a pain as Spencer has been, he wouldn't have been a test subject, I don't think. Victor wants some of his family to survive, and the giant cute baby has at least a few more weeks before being able to help him. (Hee.)

Victor should be experimenting on his guards—they're the incompetent ones, and that might give them a bit more incentive to stay alert. If they can be duped by the likes of Curtis, Victor really is running the sloppy clown show he mentioned earlier.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
12 hours ago, Steph J said:

You know - that's actually not a bad idea! Get your hands on a rare good script from the past few years and have ChatGPT write something in that style. Artificial Intelligence HAS to be better than the human non-intelligence running this Circus.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm not bothered by any of this. It's about time Victor started to put his money where his mouth is.  As big a pain as Spencer has been, he wouldn't have been a test subject, I don't think. Victor wants some of his family to survive, and the giant cute baby has at least a few more weeks before being able to help him. (Hee.)

Victor should be experimenting on his guards—they're the incompetent ones, and that might give them a bit more incentive to stay alert. If they can be duped by the likes of Curtis, Victor really is running the sloppy clown show he mentioned earlier.

While I was watching yesterday, I actually did think of a scene in Grimm, where one of the Royals does exactly that.  Tested out some kind of Zombie serum on one of his guards with no warning.  It would make more sense for someone like Victor to do that, yeah.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:
13 hours ago, Steph J said:

You know - that's actually not a bad idea! Get your hands on a rare good script from the past few years and have ChatGPT write something in that style. Artificial Intelligence HAS to be better than the human non-intelligence running this Circus.

Of course, ChatGPT is one of the issues on the negotiation table.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
50 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course, ChatGPT is one of the issues on the negotiation table.

Yep, that makes sense. Of course, if some of those hacks did their job better, and consistently wrote quality scripts, there wouldn't be anything to fear from an electronic bunch of ones and zeros.  I'm a Technical Writer by Trade, and it's already been said that ChatGPT can never take away my job. But I guess a lot of other folks have some legitimate concerns.😔

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

So this is one of the things that the writers want to make sure doesn't happen, that AI will somehow become involved in the writing process. It's part of the talks for the strike and the studios are not committing to this.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
(edited)
17 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

For me it was tough to watch.

Me too.  It reminded me of a scene in Homeland where a guy was given some kind of nerve agent and then the effects were broadcast on television.  It was upsetting.

I’m not bothered by the storyline in general but I’m wondering what made them change to this when they were clearly going for a weather control storyline last year.  I thought that would have been a cool call back to the past as well.  I know the principles in the story were out for a while but given how slow stories move lately they could have continued with that.

Loved Sprina.  I was iffy on this pairing after the Trina recast but they are adorable.

21 hours ago, lala2 said:

Is Willow dumb?

Yes.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
15 hours ago, Steph J said:

Something happens with Liz and we get to focus on how Finn feels about it

Finn barely has any screentime and when he does, sure, it's about Elizabeth. But the majority of Elizabeth's story -- as it is -- is focused on Elizabeth and how she feels about what is going on. This idea that Elizabeth's story has been focused on Finn's feelings is pure fantasy and has zero bearing on reality.

The rest of your points, sure, spot-on. But dang, I do not get Finn getting dragged for this preposterousness.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I LOVE THIS!

• Like 4

There's usually a director of nursing or something like that, but at GH, who knows? That position is usually more administrative, but I'm sure that person can step in when there's a problem the head nurse can't resolve for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Yep, that makes sense. Of course, if some of those hacks did their job better, and consistently wrote quality scripts, there wouldn't be anything to fear from an electronic bunch of ones and zeros.  I'm a Technical Writer by Trade, and it's already been said that ChatGPT can never take away my job. But I guess a lot of other folks have some legitimate concerns.😔

If AI can take on the job of a therapist, I wouldn't bet on technical writing being safe either. (The Rorschack for example has been computer analyzed for years.)

Another problem is that ChatGPT writes its scripts from things already written. So if you're going to use ChatGPT to write scripts, you'll get a mash-up of everything that has bee done instead of original ideas. The grammar may be correct (Hi, Michael!) but the ideas will be old and used.

In terms of the writers strike in general, the first tweet I read yesterday was from a writer who said that when he was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer a few years ago, he was told that the cost of treatment was over $750,000. Then the hospital person said "Oh, you have the good insurance, it will be $1,000". The writer said that this insurance plan had been "hard-won" (presumably from the previous strike) and he wouldn't have been able to afford the treatment otherwise. Several other writers posted on the thread with their own health insurance stories.

As well as the ChatGPT, there is also the streaming issue as the production companies want to limit writers' residuals and essentially turn script writing into a gig economy. The world is moving ahead so fast that it's  hard to keep up with these issues before its moved on to the next.

So while I have a lot of fun coming to this board and snarking and I will miss that, I am A-OK with a strike that takes as long as it needs to get TV and film writers a decent life.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

There's usually a director of nursing or something like that, but at GH, who knows?

I think that’s Bobbie?  Pip was head nurse and Bobbie seems to have moved into an administrative role where she doesn’t wear the nurse uniform anymore.