Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

They went to Greenland and no one thought to bring gloves? Drew and Curtis are stupid enough but I thought better of Laura and Valentin.

I fixated on the absence of hats, but they would’ve messed everyone’s hair, I guess.

24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That stuff on Greenland is like watching the Keystone Cops.

Yes! I had high hopes but they were crushed today. Everything is taking FOREVER and the sets and stuff look cheap and pathetic.

For the first time since I started watching again 5yrs ago, I checked the weekly spoilers to see how long this never ending storyline could be going on. I’ll skip watching for a bit, but will keep following the comments here.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Desperado said:

For the first time since I started watching again 5yrs ago, I checked the weekly spoilers to see how long this never ending storyline could be going on. I’ll skip watching for a bit, but will keep following the comments here.

I think this is going to last most of May since it's sweeps.

I'm pretty sure they reused the set where Sonny washed up after he fell from the bridge. I was half expecting to see Mike show up.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

The snow/rocks were so "70's special effects" fake looking, I half expected Captain Kirk to walk on with a couple of red shirts!

So now Anna is willing to risk 80% of the population to bring her schmoopy home. Ridiculous! And...

Anna to Jordon: The WSB will want to run the operation through the PCPD. Um, sure Jan, when 8 billion lives are at stake, the PCPD and its two detectives will totally be the hub of an operation to save the world. 🙄

Edited by TVbitch
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 14
5 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

The snow/rocks were so "70's special effects" fake looking, I half expected Captain Kirk to walk on with a couple of red shirts!

So now Anna is willing to risk 80% of the population to bring her schmoopy home. Ridiculous! And...

Anna to Jordon: The WSB will want to run the operation through the PCPD. Um, sure Jan, when 8 billion lives are at stake, the PCPD and its two detectives will totally be the hub of an operation to save the world. 🙄

LOL.  

Honestly Anna willing to risk 80% of the population to save one person she wants saved, is pretty in character for her IMO.  I'm not a big Anna fan tho. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, I'd say there's zero chance of this happening.  The show is intent on making this Nina's fault and no one else's, including the idiots who committed the crimes.

Sure, but remember this is the same show whose main 'heros' are criminals and the 'heroines' make excuses for their criminality.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Desperado said:

I fixated on the absence of hats, but they would’ve messed everyone’s hair, I guess.

Yes! I had high hopes but they were crushed today. Everything is taking FOREVER and the sets and stuff look cheap and pathetic.

The set was absolutely pathetic!

• Like 5

Did anyone tell genius Golden boy Wiley that Willow is ill?  Or is he still not supposed to know, despite her showing up in a wheelchair for her wedding.

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 2
  • LOL 5

i'm a couple of days behind (as usual), but Liesel, you don't say the virus is degraded you say the vaccine is.  Even I knew what Victor was going to do when she said the virus was no good.

• Like 4

OMG, Michael, shut your stupid, eey-ore mouth that knows absolutely nothing.  I can't wait for him to find out Ned had nothing to do with the SEC tipoff and...nothing happening.  God forbid a Carly is called out on their actions. 

Also, does Carly realize her "go to Hell" and general surly attitude makes Drew look super guilty?  Too busy thinking she's a badass to see she makes things worse.

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Did anyone tell genius Golden boy Wiley that Willow is ill?  Or is he still not supposed to know, despite her showing up in a wheelchair for her wedding.

No, he's clueless.  Granny Carly probably told him LeukemiaBarbie didn't want to walk in her dress and possibly get it dirty and the kid, who we're constantly told is super intuitive, just nodded blandly.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 6

Good thing that Drew is in Greenland so he can flaunt his knowledge of radar because he was a Navy Seal. And he can look at a map. Even though he never did get those memories back. God why is he there.

Also exciting watching people reading something on an i-pad

So the WSB has fighter pilots so that can blow up an entire island? Despite GH silly spy stories, I thought that the WSB was like a glorified combo of Interpol and the CIA

Victor might evil supervillain but at least he makes sure his minions are dressed probably with hats and gloves.

Thanks to captioning (or story cliches), I realized that Holly was calling Valentin at the most inconvenient of times. 

Who knew that the Pikeman deal was going to take place in Greenland as well. Those look like the same brick cell walls.

Hey Andre. Always liked him. Jordan should have never left him for Curtis.

Speaking of Jordan? Hate her outfit today.

• Like 9

Michael really is snug ass like his mother.  They should have put her in a cell for her attitude alone. 

Ned needs to never forgive him. 

Jordan the blind dumbest police commissioner has no idea what's going on with own case then wants Anna to call them to stop them. 

• Like 13
5 hours ago, Desperado said:

the sets and stuff look cheap and pathetic.

I thought the Greenland set looked like some cheap mall Christmas display. I was expecting to see a penguin, or this:

3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

😆

I didn't mind Joss's dress but yes the fit was so weird, it made her look like she had a roll around her upper waist, and EM definitely doesn't have belly rolls!!

I thought the little girls hair was weird until they got the flower crowns, then it looked cute. Donna is adorable but where did she go when they did the staircase photo? And it was pretty weird that Leo, and Rocco and Scout and Danny and even Jake weren't there. Unless they were in the back room playing video games and babysitting Amelia. Is that why there was so many empty chairs in the room, or did a bunch of other guests didn't show up?

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

did a bunch of other guests didn't show up?

Other than Drew, I genuinely can’t think of anyone that would have reasonably been invited to that wedding. Michael and Willow’s circle of people is relatively small. They pretty much mostly hang out with the people who live in the mansion, Carly and their kids. That wedding already had way more people than I expected 

• Like 6
7 hours ago, KittyQ said:

If Michael isn't aware of the ways insider trading can be done, he shouldn't be in a top job of a "major" corporation. Surprisingly (?) only Willow could see that Michael might have something to worry about. 

Yes, the “I didn’t graduate from high school”/“I can’t bother to shave for my own wedding” former CEO of a public company could really use some remedial training!  

The Portia/Scotty scenes seemed so random to me.  I get that they’re bonded by having loved ones (well, in Scott’s case, maybe an ex-) on the ship, but I don’t really get the sense that Portia would care much about the Cassadine history or Luke - she just wants her daughter and husband back safely!

What was Jordan wearing?  Her wardrobe is usually top-notch but that blouse was a miss.

Edited by mbluecpa
  • Like 4

So, Willow is back in a hoodie and jeans?  No cheesy bouquet toss?  No first dance?  Channeling Donna Summer, here, ♪♪ " Last Dance, last chance" ♪♪  (If only it were Willow's last dance.) 

No eating of all that ziti that Olivia made?  No cutting the wedding cake, made entirely of pasta? 

1382539848781.jpeg

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

Michael - and sadly, Brook Lynn - can fuck right off. Ned should definitely hold a grudge against these two for a good long time.

While the Greenland/Not Greenland stuff is silly, I'm loving it because of Laura, Anna, Robert and Holly. And because it brought Andre back (even though it will probably be for far too short of a time). And because it gives characters like Scott and Portia who have nothing in common a chance to share a scene. It's done nothing for Valentine, Curtis and Drew, though, who are idiots.

I didn't realize how small Dex was until today when he was standing next to Brick. He's a male Little Big Head.

Carly and Diane really smarmed up the interrogation room today. So gross.

14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That was not incorrect, IMO, especially if it involves their kids. 

IDK. I think Carly would shiv Sonny to save Michael, Joss, Jason (were he not "dead") or her boyfriend of the moment, but my comment was more about a frustration that these two would never be allowed to be free of each other rather than the strength of this supposed loyalty. If they have this unbreakable bond (or however Ava described it) then it doesn't bode well for their respective love interests moving forward.

That's so depressing for me as a viewer. Sonny and Carly (along with Jason) drove me away from this show for years. I've only come back recently because their stranglehold appeared to be over. And CW's Nina did the impossible and made Sonny tolerable. I don't want GH to revert back to what it was, and the propping of the sick and tortured Sonny/Carly relationship makes me nervous and a bit angry.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

I would like for AJ to have another kid but I do not want it to be Dex. AJ deserves to have a son who doesn't constantly look like he's wondering if 2+2=4 then how can 3+1 also be 4? 

I have said that i'd like AJ to actually have 2 kids. a son and a daughter. (I wasn't sure if i wanted them twins or not) and that they were tres posh. (like from the mother's side of the family, literally off the Mayflower, High High end society, etc) - so we can actually bypass the whole. "sooo you want the Q money too" storyline because they are richer. They'd be be more Alan & Tracey like (but less combative with each other because they know it's "them" vs. Michael etc). the daughter in fact would be very Tracy/Mary Crawley-esqe in how she deals with Olivia, Carly, etc) but they would be there to truly fracture this idea that Michael is "The Chosen One"  and really make the Q's not just another faction to kiss Carly's behind

• Like 7
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

And CW's Nina did the impossible and made Sonny tolerable.

Kristina's recent slot of appearances also were making her scenes with Sonny tolerable.

Ned should definitely hold a grudge against these two for a good long time.

I didn't realize how small Dex was until today when he was standing next to Brick.

CD and Amanda Setton sink scenes for this viewer, but this 'actor' playing Dex needs to attend some remedial acting courses.

Great to see a healthier Emma.  Really enjoyed watching the Emma and FH scenes yesterday with lackadaisical attitude.  It also was a cool vibe with Jordan and Andre. 

I like this version of Jordan but the actress needs to lighten up a bit.  It must be challenging to portray a police commissioner on a show whose leading lady snarls 'Go to Hell' to federal law enforcement officials its male lead is upset that his adopted father didn't murder his new girlfriend (his bride's mother).

Scottie looked more fly than Steven A. Smith - LOVE IT!!!

14 hours ago, TVbitch said:

At least they are making an effort.  Seeing that shot of an actual boat in the intro made me a little nervous that there has been a recent infusion of cash to the show and they are trying to market it to the streaming sector.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
25 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

I like this version of Jordan but the actress needs to lighten up a bit.  It must be challenging to portray a police commissioner on a show whose leading lady snarls 'Go to Hell' to federal law enforcement officials its male lead is upset that his adopted father didn't murder his new girlfriend (his bride's mother).

I think it's hard to portray a police commissioner when the writers go out of their way to make Jordan completely ineffective. She never solves a case. She is kept  out of the loop on every single thing. The writing makes her look stupid 110% of the time.

She is written as being incredibly passive in front of all these dummies. She should toss them in jail and throw away the key.

• Like 9
20 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Diane just said it was caught on GH security cameras. They've been on this for a while if I had to bet.

Diane made an incorrect assumption. Nina took the photo when she saw them talking at the hospital one day. Carly had a look on her face like she might be about to put that together, because Nina had confronted them just after. 

15 hours ago, Katy M said:

i'm a couple of days behind (as usual), but Liesel, you don't say the virus is degraded you say the vaccine is.  Even I knew what Victor was going to do when she said the virus was no good.

Isn't Liesel supposed to be making the vaccine (aka "the antidote")?

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

IDK. I think Carly would shiv Sonny to save Michael, Joss, Jason (were he not "dead") or her boyfriend of the moment, but my comment was more about a frustration that these two would never be allowed to be free of each other rather than the strength of this supposed loyalty. If they have this unbreakable bond (or however Ava described it) then it doesn't bode well for their respective love interests moving forward.

I think it's probably stronger on Sonny's side than Carly, especially right now, with Carly still mad at Sonny for the lie. But if their kids were in trouble, they'd definitely work together. That's being decent parents, but expecting the basics from Sonny and Carly has always been on the iffier side.

I don't like that Ava was suggesting that Nina (or anyone) would always come second to Carly in terms of loyalty, but give that Carly is the mother of some of Sonny's children, I sort of get it. The problem is Carly always loudly insisting she's been the only one of Sonny's women who could handle mob life, as if that was some sort of point in her favor. It hasn't exactly been one for the kids.

3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Kristina's recent slot of appearances also were making her scenes with Sonny tolerable.

LA and MB have a really nice chemistry. It's too bad we don't see more of Kristina.

54 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Isn't Liesel supposed to be making the vaccine (aka "the antidote")?

I thought she was there to both check that the pathogen is still active and to make the antidote. Not that it really makes a difference. She's the science person.

• Like 7
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

LA and MB have a really nice chemistry. It's too bad we don't see more of Kristina.

I've really liked LA in the last year or so with her sporadic appearances.  Wish they'd do more with her because she's become the truth-teller/puts up with no bullshit Corinthii the show needs.

• Like 7
  • Love 4

Valentine, in a situation like this you always always always put your phone on vibrate.  Even I know that.

And, yeah, Michael, you don't know Ned at all if you think he would turn carly and Drew in at a time like this.  he's always been the protector of the family.  And, also, Michael, I don't think you get to tell the SEC that they have to wait.

And, Nina's a moron. Did she really not know everything that Ava told her before she told her?  Especially about how this would hurt her chances with Willow if this came out?  And did she really think she was doing this for the greater good?  I mean, i don't really have a problem with her tattling, but, yeah, it's for revenge, not because she's a good citizen. She's dating a mob boss for cyring out loud.

And Carly, just say Drew went out of town and you don't know where (truth) instead of telling the SEC to go to hell.  

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Katy M said:

And, Nina's a moron. Did she really not know everything that Ava told her before she told her?  Especially about how this would hurt her chances with Willow if this came out?

Did Nina really think that romancing Mike in Nixon Falls and concealing his identity wouldn't affect her visitation with Wiley when the truth came out? 

• Like 1

Didn't she go to Nixon Falls because Michael and Willow refused to let her see Wiley? Natural consequences meeting Mike and falling for him.

Should Nina have thought so far ahead that Willow and Donna would suffer if Carly goes to jail? Maybe. That happens when someone pays for their crimes. But that's looking very far ahead. And Wylie and maybe Willow would get a relationship with Nina herself to compensate.

Of course the only person to ever have to pay consequences is whoever the current pariah is. Carly can lie, cheat and break any laws she wants but the person who bears the weight is the person who tries to hold her to account.

• Like 4
  • Applause 9
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Should Nina have thought so far ahead that Willow and Donna would suffer if Carly goes to jail?

I didn't even mean it that way.  i just meant that Willow would be mad at her for doing it. kind of like Michael is with thinking ned did it.

And, Carly did lose her hotel, so it's not like she got zero consequences.  nina didn't really get any consequences for not telling anyone about Sonny.  Short-term he was mad at her, but it all worked out in the end (unless it won't).  Did she get any consequences for trying to steal Avery from Ava, besides getting Ava as  best friend?

Anyway, not sure how Carly will wriggle her way outof this one.  After all, the SEC has a picture of her hugging Drew (sarc)

on a completely unrelated note about Dex's parentage.  I don't think he neccesarily has to have super secret legacy parents, but, I instead of super-fertile Sonny, it just popped into my head with people calling him the next Jason... And then i was like who would his mother be if he's a couple of years older than Cam and Spenser?  And I thought Courtney. Now, i have no idea how she would have a mystery child, but this is GH and it wouldn't be the first time.  this would make him Spenser's brother, who hates him, and Danny, who exists, I guess.  Cousin to Michael (through AJ biologically and Sonny), Kristina and Dante. Nephew to Drew.

Dex said he had abusive upbringing right? Maybe adoption or foster care. Maybe Courtney had him prior to her showing up in PC. Doesn't make him Jason's. But puts him in Sonny's family and Spencers brother. 

• Useful 1

I have to say that Ned has a lot more patience than me. Michael was FULL on Carly yelling at him. No Michael. Ned said they should come up w/ideas to get ELQ back. DREW came up with the dumbass idea to merge the company - something that Ned right off the bat said - no that wouldn't work. THEN you two decided to freeze Ned out for stupid reasons, and then got shocked and surprised that Ned who  didn't agree with the merger anyway chose to do what was best for his family, and the company his family started. You weren't "backstabbed" or "betrayed" you were just thinking that Ned would bend over and take whatever you were giving him. 

but I do hope that temper tantrum Michael had knocks some sense into Ned that he can not trust Michael and Drew. they aren't Q's. 

Friday's episode was WAYYY too much righteous bitch face for me from all 3 Carlys.

I am amused that the Pikeman + Millowtonin wedding was supposed to happen 2 weeks from the first wedding, and it got postponed, but it still ended up being at the same time anyway and Drew. stop looking at the camera.  I hope when this all goes down, Sonny cuts every single one of those Carlys out of his life. he doesn't deserve. ANY of them. [again. dirty that I am supporting Sonny in any of this but that's where we are]

• Like 4
  • Applause 9
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought she was there to both check that the pathogen is still active and to make the antidote. Not that it really makes a difference. She's the science person.

Correct, but I was just responding to the person who said Liesl should say the vaccine isn't still viable, by noting that I don't think it exists yet.

26 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I didn't even mean it that way.  i just meant that Willow would be mad at her for doing it. kind of like Michael is with thinking ned did it.

And, Carly did lose her hotel, so it's not like she got zero consequences.

It was Carly's choice to lose her half of the hotel just as it was her decision to divorce Sonny. Sonny, Olivia and Nina all wanted to gift it to her. I think Drew was willing to as well. Nina even bought it as a no-strings attached present and Carly refused it.

Willow is going to be mad at Nina no matter what, especially with Carly, Michael and Joss goading her on. Her thinking is binary: Carly/Michael = good; Nina = bad. It's very simplistic and immature but then she did belong to a cult so it's not surprising that this is how she chooses to think. If she hasn't changed with Nina being the only one to try to get her a donor and all her concern about how Willow is doing, she's not going to change while she's constantly being told how bad Nina is and how wonderful her Spencer family is, the family she's always wanted.

Nina paid for not telling everyone about Sonny (even though she phoned Carly as soon as she found him only to have Carly bitch her out) because everyone got mad at her, and she had to do an endless apology tour. Many people still hate her for it. Michael even bribed a DA to put Nina on trial for a made-up crime.

I wasn't watching during the Avery kidnapping but from what I've read, it was a psychotic break on Nina's part. She regrets it, she apologized for it, she made amends with the people that she hurt. It's another thing that sets Nina apart from Carly.

3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

No Michael. Ned said they should come up w/ideas to get ELQ back. DREW came up with the dumbass idea to merge the company - something that Ned right off the bat said - no that wouldn't work. THEN you two decided to freeze Ned out for stupid reasons, and then got shocked and surprised that Ned who  didn't agree with the merger anyway chose to do what was best for his family, and the company his family started. You weren't "backstabbed" or "betrayed" you were just thinking that Ned would bend over and take whatever you were giving him. 

but I do hope that temper tantrum Michael had knocks some sense into Ned that he can not trust Michael and Drew. they aren't Q's.

Michael and Drew didn't even include Ned in the discussions of what they wanted to do with ELQ. They held meetings at Aurora so that Ned wouldn't be there. (The SEC really needs to go after Michael too.)

This idea that Michael should be the CEO of ELQ because he's a Quartermain is so stupid. He's a Quartermain only when it benefits him, the rest of the time he's all Corinthos/Carly spawn. And if he really cared about ELQ, he would be doing whatever he could right now to fix the problem. Instead he's leaving it all to Ned to fix and plotting against Sonny.

• Like 8
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 7
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

This idea that Michael should be the CEO of ELQ because he's a Quartermain is so stupid.

Michael was CEO in the past.  Valentin is CEO of ELQ (Ned stepped in after Valentin was declared missing/dead), and Michael is running Aurora (on behalf of Scout, since Drew was dead at the time and never bothered asking for it back). 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 4/28/2023 at 9:55 AM, Kitty Redstone said:

Carly won't pay for her crimes this time, either, and Nina will be the evil-doer to out do all evil-doers. Carly doesn't pay a second thought to keeping Nina away from her two grandchildren, but Nina is supposed to feel bad that Carly's own actions may deprive her of spending time with Wiley and Amelia? And Sonny and Carly have this unbreakable bond of loyalty? The flames on the side of my face are red hot right now.

I dislike the soap opera law that women with children should never have to go to jail for their crimes because it will be bad for their children.  No, it's worse for their children to see their mother get away with crimes.  

An egregious case was on ATWT years ago, ATWT Carly (played by current Ava with the name Carly, lol) drugged another character.  So many of the other characters went on about how Carly's children needed her, and so she should not be arrested!  Just stupid.  I remember debating online about it, people saying you aren't a mother so you don't understand.  I understand that no one has a right to criminally harm another just because they are mothers!  And their excuse is "protecting their child."  And Donna doesn't even have anything to do with it.  

51 minutes ago, Katy M said:

And, Carly did lose her hotel, so it's not like she got zero consequences.  nina didn't really get any consequences for not telling anyone about Sonny.  Short-term he was mad at her, but it all worked out in the end (unless it won't).  Did she get any consequences for trying to steal Avery from Ava, besides getting Ava as  best friend?

Anyway, not sure how Carly will wriggle her way outof this one.  After all, the SEC has a picture of her hugging Drew (sarc)

Yet if feels like there are no consequences.  Carly lives in the same house and there appears to be no lifestyle change.  She just doesn't have to work now.  lol. Not a word about whether she could afford new dresses for the nurse's ball or the wedding.  She took a trip to Florida.  Her hair and nails are still done.  She must have income from somewhere else and didn't need the job or the ownership. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 10
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wasn't watching during the Avery kidnapping but from what I've read, it was a psychotic break on Nina's part. She regrets it, she apologized for it, she made amends with the people that she hurt. It's another thing that sets Nina apart from Carly.

me either but i saw the clips on YT and that's how Michelle Stafford played it/came off. 

19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

This idea that Michael should be the CEO of ELQ because he's a Quartermain is so stupid

this isn't so much the problem for me as much as

20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

He's a Quartermain only when it benefits him, the rest of the time he's all Corinthos/Carly spawn. And if he really cared about ELQ, he would be doing whatever he could right now to fix the problem. Instead he's leaving it all to Ned to fix and plotting against Sonny.

this.

i DO get it (sort of). [and a part of it can be contributed to the machinations of Edward, where it would be really nice if someone actually brought that up). it's not so much that they want a Q in charge. but Michael isn't. not when it counts. We've seen it over and over again. He only flashes the Q name when he realises the Corinthos name wont do squat for him because it's tainted as heck. (and bleh bleh it was Morgan's name. whatever dipstick) - if anything, he should have made Wiley & Amelia full fledged Q's in name, so being connected to the mob that way wouldn't wash back on them.

but he doesn't care bcause when he's over pouting that Daddy dumped Mommy. (even though that's not the case) he's going to go right back into whinging that he can't be in the business. 

the who Q dynamic doesn't work because BLQ doesn't want to be part of it, Michael is so freaking inept that he didn't even know what insider trading was as a CEO, and Ned is basically heading towards retirement vs. you know. someone to REALY push Michael. [this is what happens when you murder all the Q's show.]

• Like 9
  • Applause 4

I had to laugh when Portia and Scott were talking and she again mentioned making sure Trina would never see Spencer again when they got back to PC. Scott can tell you how realistic that is, Portia! I know she needs someplace to focus her anger, but that is so dumb. It's not even soapy anymore, it's been so overused.

• Like 6
  • Applause 7
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

Michael was CEO in the past.  Valentin is CEO of ELQ (Ned stepped in after Valentin was declared missing/dead), and Michael is running Aurora (on behalf of Scout, since Drew was dead at the time and never bothered asking for it back). 

I know that Michael was CEO of ELQ in the past and was gifted the CEO of Aurora because Sam was too lazy to do anything herself. (I was hoping that Alexis would get the job.)

But the idea that Michael should be CEO just because he is a Quartermaine is absurd to me. He doesn't have the education,  too uninformed to know what insider trading is temperamentally he is too short-sighted, too arrogant,. I know that there are businessmen like that but as a viewer, the show is gaslighting me that Michael should be running ELQ. Has he ever been shown to make a far-thinking business deal? Sidelining the very experienced Ned because he was too old to know modern media was phenomenally stupid. Right now, ELQ supposedly is in trouble but he's doing nothing to help fix things, more interested in his revenge against Sonny than the company.

I can't see the Edward that I remember, who put business over family, be in favour of taking the company away from Valentin who successfully built up ELQ to give it to Michael just because he is an occasional Quartermaine. Unlike Ned, Michael won't even take the Quartermaine name.

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I had to laugh when Portia and Scott were talking and she again mentioned making sure Trina would never see Spencer again when they got back to PC. Scott can tell you how realistic that is, Portia! I know she needs someplace to focus her anger, but that is so dumb. It's not even soapy anymore, it's been so overused.

Seriously.  What does she plan on doing with her 20-ish year old daughter?  Looking her in the basement? 

• LOL 5
On 4/27/2023 at 4:59 AM, Kim0820 said:

If Nina had shown she gives up and knows she will never have a relationship with Willow, then it would make more sense.  Blaming that on Carly. 

Also how is Nina the only one who knows this happened?  The SEC would never do anything without this tip?  

In the long run, they are going to end up like Alexis and Sam.  Carly being Nina's friend and all that jazz.  So it feels like it is ginned up.  Maybe the writers realize that the not telling about Sonny isn't enough bad action.  

And that Carly is guilty isn't even a factor.  We're not supposed to notice that. 

The SEC story is ridiculous,  they aren’t going to show up unannounced at someone’s residence a few days after they open an investigation.  It would take weeks of information gathering and they would schedule interviews with persons of interest, by phone.  I went through something similar a few decades back regarding a client being investigated.  

Show has some of the most ignorant, lazy writers on television.

On 4/28/2023 at 4:35 AM, sunnyface said:

I am grateful for this site as my brain was prepared to descend into the realm of cognitive dissonance in order to endure yesterday's episode on Hulu.  Maxie scored an A+ on the flowers.

She sure is.  I was prepared for gaslighting by FV but it appeared that Ava was not so honest about 'playing devil's advocate' with the woman who ripped the child from her womb.  Ava is off to seek adventure with Hyphen Holt so the town pariah can dine on crow with Curtis when Portia finds out that he has been dipping his toes in the mob scene.

If I hear the family name 'Spencer' one more time. . .   What a surprise it will be when Luke shows up.  The only person who could ever keep him in line was Aunt Ruby.  On the other hand, he is the only person the world that can throw a zinger or two at Carly without getting a look or snark thrown back at him.

I don’t believe for a moment that Luke is really dead.  The only way they would kill him offscreen for real is if Tony Geary actually dies.  Which is hopefully not for some years to come.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
On 4/28/2023 at 2:00 PM, KittyQ said:

Does no one ever mute their phone when they're on a "secret" mission???

And wouldn’t they have gotten sat phones if they were going to Greenland?  They’re not hard to come by these days.  Of course the writers have probably never heard of such things.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 4/27/2023 at 12:38 PM, Daisy said:

wait that happened today? LOL okay I will totally watch for that. heehee. 
but geeze, Show. the SEC aren't COPS lol

The SEC shit was painful to watch.  I know the writers are ignoramuses, but have they ever watched other shows that have dealt with this kind of subject matter?

One thing is for sure, the next David Chase or Aaron Soorkin isn’t coming from the current writing pool.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

And wouldn’t they have gotten sat phones if they were going to Greenland?  They’re not hard to come by these days.  Of course the writers have probably never heard of such things.

Valentin does have a sat ohone. That’s what he dropped in the snow and I what Victor’s guards heard ringing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 4/28/2023 at 10:57 AM, dubbel zout said:

If it moves this story along, I don't care how unrealistic the time table is.

Be careful what you ask for from these writers.

On 4/28/2023 at 3:14 PM, Mirabelle said:

I would like for AJ to have another kid but I do not want it to be Dex. AJ deserves to have a son who doesn't constantly look like he's wondering if 2+2=4 then how can 3+1 also be 4? 

E9FCED3E-4447-4DE7-807C-A18D1430CAC6.jpeg

Edited by Suicidy
  • LOL 6
6 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Valentin does have a sat ohone. That’s what he dropped in the snow and I what Victor’s guards heard ringing.

That’s even worse!  He’s an experienced field agent and mercenary.  They don’t drop phones.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Has he ever been shown to make a far-thinking business deal?

I agree Michael doesn't have the education or experience to run ELQ, but he did make a few deals.  He worked on the docks renewal project back when Morgan and Kiki lived in that old house that was being restored.  (The house where Nina brought Ava to steal her baby.). He also had something to do with sea cranes in the harbor.  He also clashed with Ned over wanting ELQ to invest in green tech.  Ned was against it. 

He has no experience running a media company, but then neither does Drew.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

A merger between ELQ and Aurora doesn't even make sense. I always got the sense ELQ was a holding company with subsidiaries in manufacturing and shipping and was a much bigger company in terms of profit and product/services. How would a merger with a media company even work? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3