Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Michael and Carly are such smug shits. When Carly bringing up Morgan didn't work, she went for using Trina being a hostage as a dig against Ava. Then there's Michael's hostile wedding invitation and over all smugness. Sonny should've told him to shove it.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

Welp, I can tell from these comments that I will watch probably 10 minutes of today's show.  I refuse to tolerate this one-sided Carly writing, along with those two smug idots, Millow.  But I certainly will be watching for the IP storyline.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
22 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

Michael and Carly are such smug shits. When Carly bringing up Morgan didn't work, she went for using Trina being a hostage as a dig against Ava.

The worst part in this is that Carly is supposed to like Trina. That's her daughter's BFF. Imagine using her would-be kidnapping to score points against someone she doesn't like.

Then the show tells me that this woman is worth rooting for. Hell no!

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I always think it’s so stupid when anyone says “ Dr. Gatlin-Holt”.

I forget Austin is his first name (not Gatlin) and catch myself wondering why they always refer to him by his full name. 

• LOL 3

Are the writers having some sort of competition to see who they can make more loathsome... Michael or Carly.

Michael with his surliness toward Sonny and Nina, and Carly choking on her bitterness and lashing out at Ava who merely asked her to NOT be an insufferable bitch for one day. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

That shot at Ava about Trina

I didn't take that as a shot, how can it be, it made no sense? "you can't fix Trina"  It was BAD plot point writing, Carly is horrible and selfish but I don't think even she would say that.

Again Ace stole the show!! When Spencer went to listen at the door Ace turned his head, leaned, and rolled his eyes like "this is gonna be good".

Anyways that baby seems perfectly Ok being passed from Victor to Spencer to minion ......  Crabby Nanny just needed a break I guess.

• LOL 1

Nina just about broke my heart when she realized Sonny was being allowed to attend the wedding but she wasn’t. Really sad. Even that shithead Michael looked moved for a split second, then went back to being a shithead. 

Was that a painters smock Laura was wearing over her blouse?  Just a weird look. 

Spencer was adorable with baby Ace. I’ve never seen such a non colicky baby. I had a colicky baby and I can tell you it did not look anything like this. At All. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 13
37 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Nina just about broke my heart when she realized Sonny was being allowed to attend the wedding but she wasn’t. Really sad. Even that shithead Michael looked moved for a split second, then went back to being a shithead. 

It made me cry. honestly. like she is trying not to cry, just got her purse, told Sonny to go and have a nice time, and only broke when she was trying to get out to Michael to tell Willow that she was in her thoughts. (which you know he's not going to do). 

and this is the woman Willow & Michael say has no boundaries and only thinks about herself. and then the major eyeroll than Michael was all. "Well It SOUNDS LIKE YOU WERE GOING TO SAY NO TO COMING TO MY WEDDING." I flat out would have said. "I was, and I'm not." 

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2
41 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

It was heartbreaking and the actress did a great job. 

I really wish Sonny would refuse to go. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7

Michael and Carly are the absolute worst.  Everyone--EVERYONE--is supposed to show them grace and be apologetic for all offenses done to them, real or imagined, and yet they do not act in kind.  Such assholes--and I see it's going to continue tomorrow with Carly taunting Nina with that "putting his family first" line.  And Ava is right: if Carly asked Willow to extend an invite to Nina, she might, because Willow has no true say in her life, she bends to the will of the stronger Carlys.  So Carly actually trying to pull "I have no say" crap is just more Carly bullshit. 

Spencer and Trina are still cute as all get out and Baby Ace is a scene stealer.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 10
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 4

I think she was going to get the door?

Amy should be called out for her behaviour isn't Austin a superior?

Trina really stupid running around the ship and taking the walkie talkie. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I always think it’s so stupid when anyone says “ Dr. Gatlin-Holt”.

I’m glad I’m not the only one. The writers do profession-last name a lot (“Commissioner Ashford,” “Deputy Mayor Ashby,” “Nurse Baldwin”) in conversation which makes the dialog sound really stilted. His hyphenated name makes it even more so. 

Today wasn’t the day to watch for anyone who doesn’t like propping of the Carlys. I knew The Carly would come in hot with Ava, and that she did and then kept doubling down. Nina being pathetic at the Altar of Michael was just awful though I thought CW carried those scenes on her own. It’s been four years but I still wonder if the writing for Nina would be the same if still played by MS. 

• Like 7
59 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Trina really stupid running around the ship and taking the walkie talkie. 

How many days has it been since the Haunted Star ever so slowly said out of Port Charles? Trina is still running around in that pink dress, jewelry and her long, flowing hair. At least tie it up her hair, while she is sneaking around.

Speaking of long hair, I wish Genie would cut her hair. And I don't know what she was wearing, but I did not like it.

I don't give flip about Nina's pain over not being invited to the wedding. Nothing in her interactions with Willow since the reveal happen has indicated that Willow would want her at her wedding.

Her first response is "there is nothing to celebrate about it." Geez.

I don't care. I like Willow but she could die and we would be all free from this story. People that like Nina won't have to have this sameness of storyline. People who hate Nina would hopefully get her a different storyline away from these characters.

Onto other things, I thought it was hilarious that Liz talked about the horrors of havving her infant being kidnapped to Austin who happens to look like the man that took him. She didn't tell him that she ended up marrying up her son's kidnapper. Good riddance to dead Franco.

Finally, the star of the show was of course Ace. He successfully trick a trained nurse that he was cranky and miserable in order to get to see his dummy brother. Ace was also not impressed by Victor's plan. If only he could talk, he would tell Victor that he is not Thanos.

• LOL 3
11 hours ago, nilyank said:

I don't give flip about Nina's pain over not being invited to the wedding.

Aren't the grandchildren visitation rights scenes more compelling to watch than those scenes where a villain poised to destroy half of the this planet's population (with cute scene-stealing baby)?

19 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

can’t stand Michael and Willow so during their supposed emotional scene in front of the fire yesterday all I could think was do they ever turn that thing off??

All I could think was if only that fire was real and a stiff breeze came through... .

Hoping (against hope) that somehow Maura West and Jane Elliot are able to share some scenes in the future.  

Edited by sunnyface
  • Like 1
  • Applause 4
7 hours ago, nilyank said:

Her first response is "there is nothing to celebrate about it." Geez.

Ya what was with the Debbie Downer? At that point, I thought if it was my wedding I wouldn't want her sad sack ass there either.

I thought Nina had the only realistic reaction to the wedding. It is nothing to celebrate. Willow has resigned herself to her death. Willow’s scenes acting like the happiest girl in the world were frankly, bizarre. Having Avery be so excited to be the flower girl for a wedding for someone they think will die in a couple days seems more traumatizing than anything else. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 13
  • Applause 3
24 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I thought Nina had the only realistic reaction to the wedding. It is nothing to celebrate. Willow is resigned herself to her death. Willow’s scenes acting like the happiest girl in the world were frankly, bizarre. Having Avery be so excited to be the flower girl for a wedding for something they think will die in a couple days seems more traumatizing than anything else. 

Yeah, it's absolutely batshit actually. 

Edit to be clear; not the idea of marrying when you are dying.  I get that part.  Completely.  But come on.

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I thought Nina had the only realistic reaction to the wedding. It is nothing to celebrate. Willow has resigned herself to her death. Willow’s scenes acting like the happiest girl in the world were frankly, bizarre. Having Avery be so excited to be the flower girl for a wedding for someone they think will die in a couple days seems more traumatizing than anything else. 

Definitely odd writing/acting/directing choices, which I can only cynically assume are influenced (intentionally or not) by all three groups of parties knowing that the inevitable 11th-hour miracle is coming. I hope I’m wrong. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:

Definitely odd writing/acting/directing choices, which I can only cynically assume are influenced (intentionally or not) by all three groups of parties knowing that the inevitable 11th-hour miracle is coming. I hope I’m wrong. 

Oh I already know that the show doesn’t like me enough to kill off Willow but the characters aren’t supposed to believe that she’s getting a miracle save. This entire storyline has been felt like a big taunt to see how far they can go to turn sways viewers.

From Willow trying to keep everything to herself to give Michael the happy pregnancy he deserves, doing the bare minimum for treatment, to not even asking people to get tested as donors and relying on them suggesting themselves. Willow is hopeless, though I expect nothing less from a woman who strictly defined herself as “Michael’s fiancé and mother of his children”. Why they continue to give her storylines, I’ll never understand.

• Like 6
  • Applause 7
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

yeah, not to mention Willow is  doing it now because she thinks she's dying.  Nobody is fooling anyone, esp. because it basically happens depending on Willow's outlook on life.  Terri tells her that she has weeks to live? "Let's get married in two weeks!!". Lisel tells her she can be a donor? "Oh! let's get married in June!!"  Lisel is kidnapped "Oh, let's not waste any time, let's get married tomorrow!!". 

Nina is just reading the tea leaves as it were

• Like 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Yes, she did. Everyone involved with this wedding knows why Martyr!Carly moved up the date. Nina doesn't need to plaster a smile on her face and pretend that she's happy about this. She's nowhere near the dying simp.

I really don't understand this storyline but at all. First, the timeline is wonky. It looks like only a day has passed since Victor went ahead with his great abduction plan. So the writers aren't even upping the stakes as far as that goes since we are about to go through one of the longest days ever. Second, there's zero effort being made to pivot and try to find a new donor, or do anything constructive. Third, this storyline made no sense from the start, the leukemia, the pregnancy and so on. 

Even when Leisl comes back and the Carlys get their miracle, it won't be a moment that's earned. It's a half-baked storyline with no point because the reveal that Nina is Willow's mother did not advance anything. We're exactly where we were a year ago.

• Like 3
  • Applause 10

You know those dingbats probably still haven’t told Wiley mommy’s sick and will have him front and center at this wedding like everything is great and they are finally an official family again. But rest assured, they’ll be saved for all of their inaction so it won’t be an issue.  

• Like 6

IMO, the cancer story is a massive fail. It's been a fail on a lot of levels.

Even in the movie Twilight, they let the main couple debate whether a pregnancy should go to term. Here, the issue wasn't even broached. Martyr!Carly made her decision and informed her husband when it was too late. They could have had a disagreement/argument then but nope. No drama there. He just accepted her decision and  . . . nothing. That was it. I still think she should have immediately told them and they debated about what to do. That would have been some much needed internal conflict for them. 

They highlight Carly's secret for months. They make Willow sick. Most soap fans knew that Nina would be the one to save Willow, but instead of going that - admittedly - typical route, they decided to not let Nina save her. I don't mind diverting expectations, but why do that here? Why even do this cancer story IF Nina wasn't going to be able to save her? What was the point of giving Willow Stage IV cancer? Especially since she AND her baby are fine?!?! They could have had the mother-daughter reveal come out some other way. This cancer story was not needed. Let's talk about the reveal. 

It was fairly anti-climatic. Nina was rightfully upset but no one else really was. Usually reveals like this change the canvas or shake stuff up, but this did absolutley nothing. If I had done it, I would have had SoNa far away from PC and hard to reach so it would have been a race against time to reach them.  And Nina would have been able to heal her. Second, I would have had Millow and Drewfus furious w/Carly. I would have had Michael bringing up how Carly is always playing god w/ppl's lives like she did w/him and AJ and Nina and Nelle. He would have gone off on her. Willow would have gone off too. Drew would have been enraged at her lies. I would have given a reason for the secret. This secret - like this entire story - was pointless. It changed nothing. It meant nothing. It was a complete waste of several months given the non-reactions and lack of consequences. For all that happened, Carly should have kept the secret for like a month or not at all honestly. 

As w/most things w/GH, the pacing also hurt this story. Willow has been "dying" for months. She goes from looking sick to looking fine to looking sick again. The story disappeared for weeks at a time, and then popped back up. They kept taking away who could heal her --- why, I do not know --- so it has continued to drag.  At this point, most ppl don't care what happens to Willow. I've even seen Willow fans saying they would be ok w/her dying at this point. 

And of course, the writing has been bad. Willow and the baby survived. Either or both should have died to give the story some weight. Heck, put her baby in the NICU for months or something. I don't know. Also, the writing for the characrers is very shallow. They don't have deep or interesting thoughts. It's all surface level stuff. Willow is also not very likeable. I don't care about her cancer. I never did. I also know she's not gonna to die no matter how dire they make it soooooo it all feels like a waste of time. 

This story is a complete joke, IMO. I cannot wait until it is over. I'm sick of FFing/muting it. LOL. 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 4
  • Applause 19
16 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Are the writers having some sort of competition to see who they can make more loathsome... Michael or Carly.

I feel like I'm being trolled with this. I find it impossible to believe the writers think either Carly or Michael is acting with any sort of compassion.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

First, the timeline is wonky.

As @Pingaponga mentioned above, that's the problem with parallel stories like this. Though both of these should be moving along faster than they are (TFGH), the show also wants to drag out the days as long as possible, and it throws everything off.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, jacourt said:

For all of Carly's pride in not forgiving or forgetting, it's nice her mother isn't like that.

I couldn't believe they showed how unforgiving Carly is (at least of people she doesn't like). But I guess that's her character. How would she like it if no one ever forgave her antics and bad behavior?

• Like 8
12 hours ago, nilyank said:

I don't give flip about Nina's pain over not being invited to the wedding. Nothing in her interactions with Willow since the reveal happen has indicated that Willow would want her at her wedding.

And therein lies the problem.

Every day on my screen (and multiple times a day in show time) Willow is banging on about how important family connections are, how much she envies Michael's and how much she wants Wylie and Amelie to have those connections. At the same time, she is ignoring her own family ties and showing zero interest in learning about her own family.

It's not just Nina, who she rejects for the incredibly stupid reason that Nina cannot keep boundaries as we watch on screen that Nina is all about boundaries and it's Carly, Michael and Joss who can't keep them.  It's everyone to do with her own birth family. Maxie is organizing the puff fish wedding but there is no sense that Maxie is Willow's cousin by marriage. Nothing about Maxie's children, one of which is Wylie and Amelia's second cousin by blood not just marriage. No recognition that Avery is more than just Michael's step-sibling, she's the half-sister of Willow's own half-sister.

James is close enough in age to Wylie and Georgie to Amelia that they could grow up as close friends, more so that with Avery or Donna.  But Willow talking about how very important family is to kids and how much she misses that she doesn't have that while completely ignoring all of her own family just makes her a massive hypocrite.

And then there is how much Wylie loves his grandma Nina, but hey, you don't need to actually do what is best for your child as long as you tell everyone that you are doing what's best for him.

51 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I feel like I'm being trolled with this. I find it impossible to believe the writers think either Carly or Michael is acting with any sort of compassion.

They can't be that stupid, or to think that at this point Dying Willow is a sympathetic character given how she's treating Nina because the show cuts to Nina doing everything those dolts want and never getting any consideration back.

And then there's Carly, angry that Sonny isn't "putting his family first" when yes, he is. He's keeping his relationships with his four blood children, protecting Carly's daughter and trying to support Michael while Michael tries to get him put in prison for life. The only thing Sonny isn't doing is rejecting Nina and as much as I dislike Sonny, everyone deserves some happiness (unless they're actively hurting others).

I'm so sick of the gaslighting.

• Like 8
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Nina is just reading the tea leaves as it were

I know but still... if someone I knew was dying and they decided they wanted a death bed wedding I would try to be happy for them.

33 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I thought the same. Everyone is thinking it, she was just the only one to say it out loud.

Again agreed everyone is thinking that, but why be such a Debbie downer about her last wish. I thought she would be all upset that she wouldn't be invited instead she thinks it is no reason to celebrate 🤷‍♀️

*full disclosure* I have never had cancer or near death experience so I have no clue how I would react in the situation, but I kind of find the general attitude towards Willow and her choices on this forum disturbing to be honest. (sorry I hate saying that to you all but that is how I feel about it 😁)

Cancer survivor here: I find Willow's attitude so passive and incredibly frustrating. I know that she's a fictional character but I just want to reach into the TV and say "Pull yourself together and fight for yourself, not just Michael."

Never Ending Slapping GIF

As others have said, it's like everyone in the show knows that Willow is going to survive so there is no weight to it.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 6
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

As others have said, it's like everyone in the show knows that Willow is going to survive so there is no weight to it.

Yes bad writing for sure in this storyline but at this point is there much else she can do? She doesn't know that Liesl will be found at the last minute. So if she wants a death bed wedding, I don't see anything wrong with that. 

I think @statsgirl hit on what is upsetting Nina. She wants Willow to fight. Moving up the wedding indicates she's given up. I feel like w/most illnesses, the recommendation is to keep up a fighting spirit. As I said earlier, there is just so much wrong w/the writing for this story, including Willow's general disinterest in knowing her bio family or willingness to keep fighting to be here for her kids. She's not an inspiring character or someone you want to follow on this journey. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 8

In a fine bit of irony, this isn't even Willow's first deathbed wedding. 

I have liked Willow here and there, usually when she is out of Michael and Carly's orbit long enough to have some personality.  She was mostly fine in scenes with Harmony, for example. 

But there isn't a bit of that same forgiveness for Nina, the mother she was stolen from? Because Willow instinctively knows the minute she does, the jackals that are the Carlys will turn on her. I might care if I thought the writers would ever follow-up on why Willow is like this but they won't. 

I mean, eventually they will turn on her anyway, because she's Nina's daughter. But she's safe as long as Carly is happy sticking it to Nina. 

• Like 12
39 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And then there's Carly, angry that Sonny isn't "putting his family first" when yes, he is. He's keeping his relationships with his four blood children, protecting Carly's daughter and trying to support Michael while Michael tries to get him put in prison for life. The only thing Sonny isn't doing is rejecting Nina and as much as I dislike Sonny, everyone deserves some happiness (unless they're actively hurting others).

And that's why the Carlys are mad, full stop.  

Also, Carly yesterday to Ava about Nina: "What could you two possibly have in common, other than hating me?"  Bitch, those two have been friends LONG before YOU started your blood feud with Nina.  All roads don't lead back to you, you self-important gas bag.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 7
  • Applause 13
  • LOL 2
54 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Cancer survivor here: I find Willow's attitude so passive and incredibly frustrating. I know that she's a fictional character but I just want to reach into the TV and say "Pull yourself together and fight for yourself, not just Michael."

Currently in year 11 of my unwanted partnership with cancer, and I couldn't agree more. I'm in good shape so far, thankfully, but that doesn't mean I haven't thought about what will happen when I'm not. I have had the difficult conversations with my loved ones. They weren't fun, but they were necessary. Talking about my death does not mean I've given up. It means I want my death to be as easy on people as I can make it. Willow in essence leaving it all up to Michael is unfair to him and their kids. I really don't understand her passiveness here. She's not unconscious. She has agency. Why isn't she using it?

51 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Moving up the wedding indicates she's given up.

Not entirely, IMO. I get she wants to use the wedding as a kind of "Yay! I'm healed!" event, but her basic reason for getting married in the first place is to formalize the family unit. When she does that doesn't matter as far as that goes.

We've always complained that if the dolts wanted to be married they can trot down to City Hall or have someone come to the house and marry them then and there. So why not do that and then have a giant bash after the transplant to celebrate? It's not as if the guest list would suddenly quadruple in size just because the wedding is later. We know it's going to be just Michael's side of things regardless.

This story has been botched from every angle. It's kind of impressive.

ETA: I feel like maybe I'm contradicting myself in this post, but hey, unlike characters on this show, I can hold more than one point of view at the same time.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 9
  • Applause 3

"Trina is on the Haunted Star and It's Spencer's Fault."
Shut up Portia.  Please remember your daughters best friend is a mob molls daughter and you were quite okay with that. 

1 hour ago, Blackie said:

I know but still... if someone I knew was dying and they decided they wanted a death bed wedding I would try to be happy for them.

but nina hasn't been given a chance to do that. She was talking to Sonny. If she were talking to Willow she'd be happy about it. in private she's falling apart. that makes sense to me.

50 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

honestly i would have more respect for willow if she flat out said that she doesn't want to go through cancer treatments for herself. That's a decision I made. cancer runs rampant in my family, (especially breast), and truthfully, I would rather take pain management drugs, travel the world, and then go when it's time to go. I think that takes a different kind of strength. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 10
9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

honestly i would have more respect for willow if she flat out said that she doesn't want to go through cancer treatments for herself. That's a decision I made. cancer runs rampant in my family, (especially breast), and truthfully, I would rather take pain management drugs, travel the world, and then go when it's time to go. I think that takes a different kind of strength. 

I JUST had this conversation with my palliative care physician today. Like I said in my earlier post, I'm still in good shape, but one of the things we discussed was how long to hold on. I don't want treatment to get six more months of living if my quality of life won't improve. There is strength in knowing when to say enough is enough. But of course, the dolts haven't talked about it! Mostly because Willow is too afraid of how it will make Michael feel. She has to do way, way too much of the emotional work. Yet I'm supposed to feel sorry for him when he cries on Mommy's shoulder.

This story pushes a lot of buttons for me, if that's not obvious, lol. The writing is so thoughtlessly careless.

• Like 6
  • Hugs 11
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

I JUST had this conversation with my palliative care physician today. Like I said in my earlier post, I'm still in good shape, but one of the things we discussed was how long to hold on. I don't want to treatment to get six more months of living if my quality of life won't improve. There is strength in knowing when to say enough is enough. But of course, the dolts haven't talked about it! Mostly because Willow is too afraid of how it will make Michael feel. She has to do way, way too much of the emotional work. Yet I'm supposed to feel sorry for him when he cries on Mommy's shoulder.

This story pushes a lot of buttons for me, if that's not obvious, lol.

exactly. this story bugs me too because it is just dumb all around. there are so many ways this story could have been... like epically heartbreaking etc (well at least tear inducing). but it just epically fell flat.  

As for Victor's plan.... can someone please give him a book and explain that even if you wipe out 1/2 of the population, people will stilll you know, procreate, and still populate? 

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

Loved Nina’s comments to Carly today, “You can leave now.” Heck yeah.

Spencer is so young. It wasn’t a time for a speech to impress your GF, kid. It was a time to impress Victor and save her butt. Late grovelling didn’t cut it.  

Come on Liesl, you’re our only hope.

• Like 6

Nina is speaking all the truth today. 
Carly "I didn't give Willow cancer, that's not my fault."
Nina: "No but keeping silent for months was. It doesn't matter if Willow wants/doesn't want anything from me, but Drew wasted months spending time looking for a donor and I was here. Lisel was here. Lisel could be tested. And we didnt because of you."

• Like 8
  • Applause 9
  • Love 5

You know. I remember this person coming to Port Charles and blew up this little families life because she was soo insulted that she was given up at birth and grew up poor. She was so hell bent with revenge, she slept with her birth mother's husband, told her 1/2 brother alll the tea. the whole nine yards. She then slept with her best friend at the time, realized she was pregnant with his baby, made him (who was a recovering alcoholic by the way) think he fell off the band wagon, hid his child from him for a year and then harassed.. his family for the next 20 years after that. 

What was her name .... oh right. Carly. 
so you just shut up all the days of your life. 

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 13
  • Love 1

I’m sure it won’t happen but could Nina turning Drew/Carly in for insider trading lead to Drew having to give up his shares to another family member (hopefully Tracy). It coming out that a major shareholder gave insider info to his pseudo girlfriend is certainly not going to help ELQ sinking stock prices. I do want the Qs to get ELQ back and Valentin is barely around but I really don’t want Drew and Michael to win here. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Valentin isn't the problem with ELQ, Ned. Your erstwhile allies Michael and Drewfus are. Here's hoping Tracy comes in to save the day and keeps all of the idiot men in her family out of the C-suite.

Ugh, ABC feels that the charges against Alec Baldwin being dropped can't wait for the regular newscast.

• Like 8

I kind of get it.  I haven't been through cancer, as others have, but I spent my career in health care.  We've had our share of formal and informal weddings, mostly when the end was in sight, and precisely because the end was in sight.  Some, because it was so deeply desired, others for that and more practical, legal reasons.  So I get that, if Willow thinks her last hope is gone, she'd want a wedding while she is still able to participate in one.  

Side note on this:  I'm reading "Between Two Kingdoms: A Memoir of a Life Interrupted", and the point is made, for the under-26 year old protagonist, that marriage might remove her from her parent's (and thus, any) insurance, something I would never have considered.  Not sure how old Willow is supposed to be, but I expect it would be a non-issue in her case, since her husband-to-be is filthy rich.  Until the SEC gets him, that is. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

but nina hasn't been given a chance to do that. She was talking to Sonny. If she were talking to Willow she'd be happy about it. in private she's falling apart. that makes sense to me.

I guess to me Nina went straight to a big poopy face, "not time to celebrate blah blah" instead of taking a breath and saying "Ok we're doing this"

@Daisy I totally respect your other sentiments