Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Hey Portia, maybe point out to Marshall that it doesn't make sense that Curtis has zero markers since he inherited half his genes from Marshall. Or maybe just speak to Marshall's psychiatrist, the person who is prescribing his meds, and point out how weird it is that Marshall has not had a relapse in 40+ years.

This!  Why is she being so wish washy on the subject? Spit it out!

• Like 3
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, racked said:

I know Real isn’t available much for filming but it’s extra annoying that all the worrying and protection is coming from Curtis and not Taggert. I hate everything about that storyline. 

Is RA unavailable? I didn’t think he was. Just seems like they are doing this because they’ve planned to make Curtis her father from the moment Portia arrived. Regardless, he was being an ass to Jordan and it came off like he was partnering up with Alexis on this out of spite. Though at the same time, Jordan is slow walking this investigation and doesn’t seem to know much of anything from what we’ve been told. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Get bent, Curtis. Who do you think you are? Why does he act like Jordan owes him anything?

"You're willing to bend the rules when it benefits you."  Oh, you mean like MOST PEOPLE?  Why does he think he deserves to get all the inside info on this case?  Fucking insufferable asshole. 

Rory: "It's our three month anniversary of becoming official."

Me: "That's so funny, because it simultaneously feels like 700 years and last week."  Ugh, he's so boring and clearly a placeholder for Spencer, but he's so dull he's not a legit side of a triangle.

Loved the Spencer/Cyrus scenes.  So happy to see Jeff Kober on my screen.

No clue where this Ryan/Heather stuff is going, but I don't hate it.  I'm sure once all is revealed it'll be dumb, so I'll take the victories when I can get them.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

This!  Why is she being so wish washy on the subject? Spit it out!

Portia definitely needs to be clear to him she thinks he’s been misdiagnosed. If someone tells me to consider genetic counseling when I’ve been told I have a disease for 30 years, I probably wouldn’t understand the need either

• Like 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ljr said:

How does lizs.dad know Ryan? Was Ryan on.those.mariana islands?  

If he was, then he would have been the one that killed Finn’s wife since Ryan kink was killing women due to his mommy issues.

17 hours ago, racked said:

Liz being fully willing to help Nik keep Esme hidden is kind of surprising. But it’s also so much more enjoyable than her last storyline or her relationship with Finn. 

it is very weird.  As far as Elizabeth knows, Esme hasn't killed anybody.  So, jumping on board with keeping her prisoner for the rest of her life, which last I checked was the plan, does not seem like something she should be OK with. LIke at all.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ljr said:

How does lizs.dad know Ryan? Was Ryan on.those.mariana islands?  

I just assumed that Ryan is famous/infamous. I never met Charles Manson but I probably would have recognized him if we were in the same room. 

44 minutes ago, Katy M said:

it is very weird.  As far as Elizabeth knows, Esme hasn't killed anybody.  So, jumping on board with keeping her prisoner for the rest of her life, which last I checked was the plan, does not seem like something she should be OK with. LIke at all.

I thought Nik told her that Esme was the Hook. And from what the Invader and PCPD have said, she's still the prime suspect. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I never met Charles Manson but I probably would have recognized him if we were in the same room

Didn't he have a swastika tattoo on his forehead?  Easy way to recognize him. 😉

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 2
18 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I thought Nik told her that Esme was the Hook. And from what the Invader and PCPD have said, she's still the prime suspect. 

But, she doesn't know she's the hook.  She didn't witness her killing anyone.  Quite the opposite in fact. If Esme were the hook, I see no good reason why Liz wouldn't be dead (or hooked and in the hospital, because whoever the hook is, she's not that effective).

• Love 3

Esmé did go after Elizabeth when they were on the pier, and of course there's the sex tape. While I agree it's a bit OOC for Elizabeth to be a party to holding Esmé captive, she has legit reasons to be furious with her and want some payback. And she's been suspicious of Nik since the start of this, so there's that, too.

That said, I'm loving how Elizabeth totally plays Esmé when the latter pretends something is wrong.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, Katy M said:

But, she doesn't know she's the hook.  She didn't witness her killing anyone.  Quite the opposite in fact. If Esme were the hook, I see no good reason why Liz wouldn't be dead (or hooked and in the hospital, because whoever the hook is, she's not that effective).

True.

But Liz's ethics are pretty gray, especially when it comes to the rights of bad guys. (Like Peter August.) She knows that Esme had no problems setting up Trina to go to prison, drugging Oz and releasing a surreptitious sex tape of her son and his girlfriend. She may not really believe that Esme is the Hook but she's not an innocent, either.

It didn't take much for Nik to convince Elizabeth to help him but I don't think she would let him harm her. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Robert/Felicia/Laura were the high point of the show. Everyone else was so unpleasant.

It cracks me up that Cyrus has a Bible verse for every occasion.

Anna hiding out in Ireland with Tiffany isn't exactly going off the grid. Anyone who knows Anna's history could eventually figure that out.

Edited by dubbel zout
added crucial "else" for first point
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

I’m over the secret in Cody/Dante’s past. It happened when they were teens, the show is full of murderers and Dante is buddy/buddy with his mob boss daddy. His reputation should already be mud if that’s the fear. There’s no way I believe it would be something that he would be reluctant to tell Sam about. One because they’re basically the most boring, stable couple on the show and two, because Sam has plenty of mess in her past. 

• Like 4
  • Love 6

I really like the spy stuff and the idea of a code in the diamonds, and Robert, Laura, Anna Felicia and Valentin, much more than the mob stuff and Michael paying Dex to rat out Sonny. It's too bad that it's only the vets who are involved. They need to bring in some younger characters the way Days of Our Lives is doing, Maybe now that Chase can't be on the PCPD any more, the WSB could recruit him.

I'm going to miss the Cyrus/Spencer scenes now that Spencer is out. Which judge did the deputy mayor buy to get that?

Valentin, if agent Whitten is following you, don't go with Anna. Let her go while you stay and visit with Tiffany showing that they are following a false lead.

Elizabeth is carrying a massive purse. Why is she holding on to the vitamins in her hand instead of hiding it in her purse?

I don't get why Finn is so gung-ho to search Nik's house to find Esme. It's none of his business. Fix your own problems with Liz instead of trying to fix her life.

Why does Victor get to tell Nik what to do? How did he become the head of the family and the one who controls Spencer's "birthright"? He was a younger brother.

Cody: "I thought that at last I would have it all. Now I don't have an inheritance or family."  Me: Well if you hadn't lied to get the necklace, you'd have Mac's family.

18 hours ago, DanaK said:

Portia definitely needs to be clear to him she thinks he’s been misdiagnosed. If someone tells me to consider genetic counseling when I’ve been told I have a disease for 30 years, I probably wouldn’t understand the need either

The other thing is that Marshall avoided his family for 40+ years he believed that he had schizophrenia and would be a danger to them. Finding out that it all was unnecessary and he missed out on seeing his kids grow up would be devastating.

On the other hand, being on anti-psychotic drugs for 4 decades should produce some strong side effects like tremors too great to let him play his music.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why does Victor get to tell Nik what to do? How did he become the head of the family and the one who controls Spencer's "birthright"? He was a younger brother.

Is Victor the only one still alive? I haven't kept track of the Cassadine family tree, but maybe just staying alive makes him the "head of the family".  

Whatever he has up his sleeve, it is taking forever to come together.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Is Victor the only one still alive? I haven't kept track of the Cassadine family tree, but maybe just staying alive makes him the "head of the family".  

Whatever he has up his sleeve, it is taking forever to come together.

Just like several of the show’s storylines

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Victor is the senior member of the family age-wise, which seems to be how the Cassadines roll. But also, Nik is a completely useless as a steward of Cassadine tradition of any sort.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Victor is the senior member of the family age-wise,

But Victor isn't in the line of succession.  It's like the royal family.  The Queen died, so Charles climbs onto the throne.  Andrew and Edward can't declare themselves king and take over Buckingham Palace.  

Nik is the head of the line of succession and should have smacked Victor back into his role of Uncle of the Line of Succession.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Katy M said:

It feels a lot like Ric keeping a pregnant  Carly in the panic room, in the same house where he lived with Liz. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I actually would like to see Dante tell Sam about that. 

They're going hard on whatever is was was really terrible for Dante that it might be what causes trouble with Sante, but that would be dumb since Sam has done a poop ton of crap in her life that there is literally nothing that Dante could have done that she hasn't.  Unless it's murdering kittens and puppies so it's just stupid.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3

So Spencer was sent to Pentonville to cover for Victor. And it turns out Victor could arrange for him to get out early. If I were Spencer, I wouldn't be grateful to Victor, I'd be royally pissed off.

Are hospitals the only place people can obtain pre-natal vitamins? In Canada you can pick them up from any drug store without a prescription.

Edited by Pingaponga
Spencer is Spencer, not Nic.
  • Like 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

So Nic was sent to Pentonville to cover for Victor. And it turns out Victor could arrange for him to get out early. If I were Nic, I wouldn't be grateful to Victor, I'd be royally pissed off.

It's confusing to have the actor who plays Spencer named Nicholas.

It looks like Spencer is even more gullible than Nik to believe that Victor is on his side. Victor pulls the strings, and Spencer jumps to whatever he wants.

Maybe Victor gets to call the shots as the family elder but why is Nik letting him move into Wyndermere which is Nik's personal property and not a Cassadine inheritance? Nik and Valentin need to team up and take the Cassidine heritage back.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

The Queen died, so Charles climbs onto the throne.  Andrew and Edward can't declare themselves king and take over Buckingham Palace.  

To be that person, it would be when Charles dies, Andrew and Edward can't take the throne ahead of William. 

If Nik were so concerned about Victor being head of the family, Nik should do something about it. All he does is flail about trying to hide the fact Esmé is in the north tower and he still loves Ava. Nik is useless.

• Applause 4
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

They're going hard on whatever is was was really terrible for Dante that it might be what causes trouble with Sante, but that would be dumb since Sam has done a poop ton of crap in her life that there is literally nothing that Dante could have done that she hasn't.  Unless it's murdering kittens and puppies so it's just stupid.  

I think a sex crime would.  But I also know the show won't go there with Dante.  Nor do I want them to.  But IRL, after hearing that conversation, I would be thinking; rape

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I don’t know about NY but in Michigan, juvenile records cannot be sealed for felony vehicle offenses, any crime involving a weapon or physical assault or if they would have gotten 10 yrs or more in prison if convicted as an adult.  So there isn’t much a sealed criminal record can hid that would destroy Sante. Of course this is a soap opera so they prefer to Not be based on reality.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

It feels a lot like Ric keeping a pregnant  Carly in the panic room, in the same house where he lived with Liz. 

I actually thought the same thing shortly after I posted it.  Liz had no idea about that at the time.  But, you would think this would bring back memories of that and make her pause.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I actually thought the same thing shortly after I posted it.  Liz had no idea about that at the time.  But, you would think this would bring back memories of that and make her pause.

Maybe if this show had the same writers who were around at that time, they would. But we're dealing with Frank and his minions, who don't give a shit.

About history or what's happened before unless it's a plot point.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, CeChase said:

I think a sex crime would.  But I also know the show won't go there with Dante.  Nor do I want them to.  But IRL, after hearing that conversation, I would be thinking; rape

That's where my mind went, too -  Cody and Dante would have to have participated in a gang rape to justify all this. And there's no way the show is going there. And they shouldn't. But what else could reasonably be expected to horrify Sam, who spent her youth marrying rich men to fleece (one of whom died as a result of the con, IIRC) and then was with a mob hitman for well over a decade?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Melgaypet said:

That's where my mind went, too -  Cody and Dante would have to have participated in a gang rape to justify all this. And there's no way the show is going there. And they shouldn't. But what else could reasonably be expected to horrify Sam, who spent her youth marrying rich men to fleece (one of whom died as a result of the con, IIRC) and then was with a mob hitman for well over a decade?

Parking in a disabled spot, obviously.  We all have to draw the line somewhere.

• LOL 11

Has the show forgotten that Ireland is a separate country?  US Marshall Whatshisname has no jurisdiction in Ireland.

Spencer manipulated by Victor is not a good look for him.  As he's continually throwing the affair in Nik's face, maybe Spencer should remember that he was the one who brought Esme into the family.  Spencer today made Rory look good.

Aren't the Cassadines Orthodox? Their Christmas is 2 weeks later.

It's too bad that Rory isn't related to Selina Wu. It would make him more interesting.

Finn needs to stop trying to mark his territory with Elizabeth every time Nik phones her. He shouldn't be insecure and he has no right to limit her friends.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

US Marshall Whatshisname has no jurisdiction in Ireland.

He was there with WSB agents allegedly, but yeah, he shouldn't have been allowed to take the lead.  

57 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Aren't the Cassadines Orthodox? Their Christmas is 2 weeks later.

I'm pretty sure these writers can't spell Orthodox much less know that some of their characters are.  

58 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It's to bad that Rory isn't related to Selina Wu. It would make him more interesting.

At this point, the only thing that would make him interesting is if he's the hooker.  

I loved Martin, hamming it up today.  Why hasn't the show used MK more?  

So Heather lets herself into Ryan's room with a key because that's what one does in these places and says 'hello lover'.  Which means we are heading down the "Heather is Ryan's baby mama" road.  I'm not hating it.  If it means Esme isn't Felicia's, I'm good.  Though I can't picture Ryan wanting to 'do' things with Heather that would result in Esme!!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Finn needs to stop trying to mark his territory with Elizabeth every time Nik phones her. He shouldn't be insecure and he has no right to limit her friends.

Is Liz going to have to pretend that she is prego with Nik's baby now that Finn has seen he vitamins. I guess that will explain the arrival of a baby that Liz will have to "deliver" on her own.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Which means we are heading down the "Heather is Ryan's baby mama" road.  I'm not hating it.  If it means Esme isn't Felicia's, I'm good. 

Same. And it makes Elizabeth caring for her a bit more interesting. The sister of my brother is my ex's prisoner? 🙂

• Mind Blown 3
8 minutes ago, tessaray said:

The sister of my brother is my ex's prisoner? 🙂

Soapy.

But while a younger Heather was fairly attractive, all the praise that Ryan heaped on Esme's mother is a bit much if it's about her.

I hope that doesn't mean that Liz has to invite Esme to family parties.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Soapy.

But while a younger Heather was fairly attractive, all the praise that Ryan heaped on Esme's mother is a bit much if it's about her.

I hope that doesn't mean that Liz has to invite Esme to family parties.

Yikes, it just occurred to me that Esme could potentially be her former sister-in-law. 

Maybe Ryan has deluded himself that Felicia was her mother? 

Eta: Esme's baby is related to Liz's son Aiden, no matter who her mother is, so yeah, I guess she'll be at some of the family gatherings.

• Mind Blown 2

I see that Spencer hasn’t changed and is still his petulant, jealous piece of shit ass.

Colomo was really bad with his expressions in trying to come up for a reason why Nik didn’t want Spencer there. And of course Spencer opened his mouth and his shot talking about Ava gave him the excuse he needed.

Frank, Dan and the other “writers” really have no  CLUE how the law works. As others have stated, Whitten has no FUCKING standing in Ireland, which is a different country! They  couldn’t even bother with day player with Irish accent to play a WSB agent. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

And Whitten threatening Martin as if he’s one of Mooby’s thugs.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

"I'm here now, so get blinkin'!" Hee. Whoever is writing Ava these days is having a blast.

Please, there's no way Heather Webber would be cowed by Sonny Corinthos.

Rory and Trina give the dolts a good run for their money as most boring couple in PC. And Rory could give Drew a run for his money as most schmoopy boyfriend. Trina deserves the compliments more than Carly, but it's so extra.

Ugh, shut up, Spencer. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Esme's baby is related to Liz's son Aiden,

Ok, it took me 5 minutes to figure this out, this show is so bad at family connections!

Ace, as well as being Spencer's sibling and Aiden's cousin, would also be Rocco and Charlotte (via Lulu and Valentin)'s cousins.  Alexis' great neice/nephew, Molly, Kristina and Sam's 2nd cousin (??) and somehow related to Danny and Scout.  Laura's grandchild.  Cyrus and Martin's great nephew/neice.   did I miss anyone?  

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"I'm here now, so get blinkin'!" Hee. Whoever is writing Ava these days is having a blast.

Again LOL!!!

Please, there's no way Heather Webber would be cowed by Sonny Corinthos.

I was expecting her to ask for something.

And Rory could give Drew a run for his money as most schmoopy boyfriend.

Ahhh he's nice, and he looked good in suit. I know that he is not the endgame for Trina but he seems like a legit nice guy, I can't dislike him.

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

US Marshall Whatshisname has no jurisdiction in Ireland.

Was he sort of hot??

And I laughed when stuttery twitchy Sonny accused Ava of getting jumpy.

1 minute ago, tessaray said:
25 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

somehow related to Danny and Scout. 

I assume you mean because Heather and Susan Moore, Jason's bio mom were cousins.

No, because Sam and Nik are cousins via Alexis and Stavros, so Ace being Nik's kid is Sam's kids 2nd cousin.  (I think!!!!)

though yes, if Heather turns out to be Esme's mother and Ace's grandmother, than there would be a distant connection from Heather to Susan to Jason/Drew to Danny/Scout.  

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, sacrebleu said:

I'm just confused by the 3 month anniversary. Didn't Rory and Trina have  picnic on July 4th? Or was that not considered a 'date'?

Whoo boy, and breaking out the 'I love you' at three months? 

I got the "trying too hard and too fast to lock this down" vibe from him. Which means he probably is the Hooker.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

No, because Sam and Nik are cousins via Alexis and Stavros, so Ace being Nik's kid is Sam's kids 2nd cousin.  (I think!!!!)

though yes, if Heather turns out to be Esme's mother and Ace's grandmother, than there would be a distant connection from Heather to Susan to Jason/Drew to Danny/Scout.  

Thanks.

Honestly, I always forget Sam is a Cassadine.

• Applause 1
1 minute ago, tessaray said:

Honestly, I always forget Sam is a Cassadine.

They very rarely play up the connection that the Davis coven have to that side of the family.  Just like now that julian's dead, they very rarely play up Sam's Jerome side of the family.  

Which now makes me wonder if Ace is related to Avery.  Sam is Ace's cousin via Nik but is Avery's cousin via Ava/Julian so is there a connection there, cuz it would be hilarious if Nik's bebe is related to his almost ex.  

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Which now makes me wonder if Ace is related to Avery.  Sam is Ace's cousin via Nik but is Avery's cousin via Ava/Julian so is there a connection there, cuz it would be hilarious if Nik's bebe is related to his almost ex. 

No. Nik isn’t blood kin to Avery. And so far, Esme isn’t related to any Jeromes. As yet.

i am really not enjoying Alley Mills’ take as Heather. I remember when Robin Matson’s Heather was after Joe (as in Kelly) and she was pretty sane. Meaning not this whack job of recent years. And Mills’s performance as her more loony toons crazy. And that wasn’t Heather.

• Love 6