Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Honestly, Curtis protests too much. It's like he wants to get off knowing Jordan is still lusty after him because he ended the marriage over stupidness. I feel Portia is egging it on so she can focus on that vs. "her lie."

they both suck

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Curtis and Jordan were already separated when I started watching again. I can't really remember if they had any chemistry but he has none with this Jordan.

Donnell Turner had some chemistry with Jordan #1 (Vinessa Antoine), and they made an attractive couple to look at.

When Jordan #2 (Briana Nicole Henry) took over, most of the interest went out of them as a couple, for me. Of the three Jordans, BNH was probably the most believable as a tough authority figure, but I don't think she had chemistry with anyone. At least in this role, she was very "hard." She did her best work when she was fighting with someone.  

I agree with you about Curtis and Jordan #3 (Tanisha Harper). 

Jordan seems like a role that someone could do something with. Even allowing that any law enforcement character on this show will be ineffectual, she's an interesting character on paper. But I don't think any of the three women cast in the role so far has ticked every box. The first was my favorite overall...and I wouldn't have said I loved her when she was in the role. She just looks better in retrospect.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Donnell Turner had some chemistry with Jordan #1 (Vinessa Antoine), and they made an attractive couple to look at.

Yes they are both beautiful and VA was a good actress I thought, definitely the best of the 3.

• Like 6

Why... did Carly need to download stuff from her phone? Southern Mom wants to know why she's still around. Me too. Carly is whinging to Southern Mom that she shouldn't have to move Dead Mom. Southern Mom says everyone was given ample notice. You didn't respond. too bad. Carly goes Dead Woman wanted to be buried near the water her home town. (so Jacksonville has ONE waterfront?). Southern Mom says "Hey we don't get what we want." Carly activates: Bitch Mode and says "well I was trying to be nice, but we can do this the hard way."

I can't even w/this.

LMAO Southern Mom drops the mic with "Oh can you afford to buy me a drink? I heard about your hotel" hahahaa. Then offers her a drink and  sashays off. Carly is pissed. I am alive. (but this is the stupidest thing ever). 

People are freaking out that Carly hasn't contacted anyone back. Why hasn't Carly... called anyone.  Why didn't Drewfus just call...the airline and see what happened w/the plane?

Sheffield took Lucy on the Haunted Star. the boat sailed off.  Anna and Val go after them. Val has the hilarious sneeze face heh. 

wait. ... Poison hook. Poison seems familiar....poison...
you better not do this show. 

Sonny bosses Nina about security. 
Sonny chews Carly out for not calling
Carly says "Why Brando? He was a good guy." Me: yeah. why couldn't he have found you instead, Carly?

The woman that liz remembers.....Finn knows, dun dun duuuhh

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Why... did Carly need to download stuff from her phone?

She must have bought a new one and transferred everything.

15 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Sonny chews Carly out for not calling

He's got a point. She didn't call anyone from her hotel, which is such a dumb plot point.

"Oh, you brought your goomba with you. Hello, goomba!" Hee. I'm slightly surprised we didn't get a "three-hour tour" reference from Lucy, but maybe Victor wouldn't have caught it.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She must have bought a new one and transferred everything.

He's got a point. She didn't call anyone from her hotel, which is such a dumb plot point.

Haven't seen today's episode yet, but reading this made me wonder how long has Carly been in Florida? I guess she just ditched the Aruba conference (assuming this means she's lost the money she spent to attend). Has she rented a car and is now staying in Jacksonville for some undetermined time? Did she finally go to Lost & Found and get her own phone back, or buy a new one? Either way, why not call, text, or email someone about the change in plans? After all, you can't just bitch out one rich lady and change what seems to be fairly detailed plans for a road even if you think it isn't fair to the people in the cemetery. Wouldn't a better use of her time be to find out where the folks in the other half of the cemetery got relocated, and make arrangements there? It isn't like Carly's been going to visit her adoptive mother's grave for years, so making sure that the woman is properly resituated should be good.

• Love 6

So Carly has been gone two or three days and didn't phone home to check that the three daughters and grandson that she's always boasting about are okay? To top it off, she rolls her eyes when Sonny wants her to call right away.  Does she even remember that Donna and Avery are staying with him? What if one of Donna is sick or in the hospital?

"You know our number, why couldn't you borrow a phone?"  Show, stop making me cheer Sonny.

And bad on Joss for not telling Sonny, caregiver of her beloved little sisters, that her mother lost her phone. (Seriously, wouldn't the people cleaning the plane have found Carly's phone?  Commercial airplanes are too expensive to leave on the tarmac for long.)

I find it really hard to believe that soccer mom Carly is the kind of person who stores all her phone data on the cloud.

"My mom had one request, to be buried near the water in her hometown."  "She probably also wanted her grave tended to on a regular basis. And i wanted a happy and healthy marriage."  Point to Reese's mother.

If The Hooker was disappointed that Ava survived and upped it for their next victim, it's probably Esme going after Joss.

I like the callback to Liz's art in drawing the woman in her memory.

Good thing Anna and Valentin figured out Lucy's jack o'lantern/sky emoji. That's the bare minimum for a couple of spies.

Mr. Sheffield threatens that something earth-shattering is coming and wants Lucy as his first mate. Just get this moving already.

Jordan says that if Portia had not ordered a tox screen they might not have figured out what killed Brando. Uh, isn't that like SOP for a pathologist with a mysterious death?

I like Jordan's top.  It's satiny and foldy.

6 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

That’s what I’m wondering about.  They’re trying to make Chase into this huge pop star.  What’s his target audience?  I haven’t heard the singing because I just can’t.  But based on other comments about the singing and Brook Lynn’s fantasy, I don’t think the young folks will go for him.  He doesn’t seem current.

Or good.  Are they that desperate to find something for Brook Lynn to do?

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I find it really hard to believe that soccer mom Carly is the kind of person who stores all her phone data on the cloud.

Well, we know she's hip to The Cloud, because it was a plot point when she had that blackmail video of Ava and Paul sexing it up. (I'm still not sure why that was blackmail material, but that was the story.) Ava, I think, managed to wrest the phone out of Carly's hands and delete it, and Carly sneered, "It's in The Cloud, Ava!" I think she said it a few more times in subsequent episodes.  

• Useful 1
34 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Why didn't Drewfus just call...the airline and see what happened w/the plane?

Dear writers there is now this thing called the internet where one can check on a flight to see when/what time it landed.  So the minute Carly was late contacting anyone, why didn't Drew check online to see what happened with the flight.  

36 minutes ago, Daisy said:

The woman that liz remembers.....Finn knows,

Are they telling us that the girl at the bottom of the stairs from thirty years ago is Finn's supposedly dead wife?  What?  

33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

According to today, she called Joss and checked in with her, likely before Brando died and Joss didn't bother letting another person know.  

21 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Did she finally go to Lost & Found and get her own phone back, or buy a new one?

She bought a new one and was busy today transferring everything from the cloud.  

19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Good thing Anna and Valentin figured out Lucy's jack o'lantern/sky emoji.

Kudos goes to Lucy for being smart enough to put a message on social media .  

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I'm assuming that Finn's dearly departed wife isn't all that departed. All of a sudden there's someone running around with a poisoned hook from some sort of snake and he talks about how he and his wife were working with some dude in some remote place, and now Elizabeth's memories are tied to her. Okie dokie. Whatever her name is behind these stabbings. Before we had a name, and now we have a face too. I really can't with these writers pulling this dumb stuff out of their asses. Did she also help Peter escape the freezer?

I'm not in love with this Lucy storyline at all. It's uncomfortable and predatory and why in the world does Victor think that Lucy will be his second mate? What a waste of talent.

I'm going to skip right over Carly and whatever this storyline is. The less said the better.

And there's Drewfus who has zero purpose but to pant after Carly. I'm assuming his ass is headed for Jacksonville.

And yes, Portia, Jordan knows if that look from Portia when Jordan said she was glad they were both on the side of truth is anything to go by.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

According to today, she called Joss and checked in with her, likely before Brando died and Joss didn't bother letting another person know.  

Ah, so Joss is an asshole.  Thanks for continuing to drive that point home, show.

Why doesn't Carly just move her mom to the "rich people cemetery?"  That would really show Reese's mom and given that seems to be the whole point of this obnoxious, pointless plot it would move things along.  

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm assuming that Finn's dearly departed wife isn't all that departed.

Is this what this story needed?  For Finn's dead wife to maybe not be so dead after all?  That's what the monkeys threw at the dartboard and came up with ?  So another one of Liz' stories will not be about her?  I hope I'm wrong because it is mind boggingly stupid if it turns out that the woman that Liz/jeff threw down the stairs 3o years ago turns out to be the woman that was married to Finn before dying supposedly of an infectious disease.  I mean, come on now.  

• Applause 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm not in love with this Lucy storyline at all. It's uncomfortable and predatory

I was really super annoyed with Maxie today, when she was all giggly, air heady about Victor absonding with Lucy and thinking it was cute.  It wasn't until she realized that VAnna sounded worried that she then started checking in with people to see if they'd seen or heard from Lucy.  Maxie's an idiot most of the time but she just had her own brush with crazy Pete and she knows Victor is also cray cray, she should have been on it the minute VAnna walked in. 

She also should have been less stupid yesterday when Lucy was giving her every signal in the book that she didn't want to go with Victor and Maxie was blocking every one of the safety requests Lucy was sending her.  

Nina was the fourth person to be in orange (Maxie, Lucy and BLQ yesterday were the other three)  Wardrobe likes that colour.  

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Is this what this story needed?  For Finn's dead wife to maybe not be so dead after all?  That's what the monkeys threw at the dartboard and came up with ?  So another one of Liz' stories will not be about her?  I hope I'm wrong because it is mind boggingly stupid if it turns out that the woman that Liz/jeff threw down the stairs 3o years ago turns out to be the woman that was married to Finn before dying supposedly of an infectious disease.  I mean, come on now.  

I don't even know how they went down this road. They wanted to do a serial killer storyline but didn't want any of the current cast to be the murder. Ryan is locked up and him being on the loose would be a massive red flag for everyone in PC if people start getting stabbed.

So if it's Finn's wife, then the attacks are completely random. She's just stabbing people she's coming across for no reason whatsoever. But Elizabeth who may or may not have shoved her down the stairs, has been having blackouts, and is in a maybe relationship with Finn is walking around like no biggie. I don't know, I'd think that she'd be the one with the bull's eye on her back.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

t's probably Esme going after Joss

Ya I kind of thought of Esme trying to hurt people associated with Sonny.... doesn't make a lot of sense but who knows?? (probably not the writers)

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I like the callback to Liz's art in drawing the woman in her memory.

She was holding her pencil so strangely, is that how you do it when you are sketching?

I was really super annoyed with Maxie today, when she was all giggly, air heady about Victor absonding with Lucy and thinking it was cute. 

And then when Nina came in Maxie seemed so upbeat I thought she didn't know that Brando was dead yet. I guess we are supposed to glean that she is  upset about Brando's death by the fact that she looks like she came to work, at a fashion magazine, without washing her hair and just throwing on a schlumpy sweater.

Yes Carly could have made contact with someone at PC but Sonny's message could have said there was a urgent matter she need to phone home about, not just him ordering her to call him. I would have rolled my eyes too.

I kind of liked the dress Carly was wearing and LW's wavy hair looked nice. 

Does no one in Jacksonville have anywhere else to be but that hotel restaurant / bar? At least Mrs. Roberts would have her own house, you'd think.  And if Carly is really serious about stopping the highway extension project so the cemetery can stay put, she's not doing anything productive about it yet. Maybe she should do some research about it and find out who (other than her nemesis) would be in a position to make a decision on it. To be fair, chasing down municipal records and such is terribly tedious to do and even more boring to watch, but at least give a nod to what this scheme would entail.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

She also should have been less stupid yesterday when Lucy was giving her every signal in the book that she didn't want to go with Victor and Maxie was blocking every one of the safety requests Lucy was sending her. 

That really bothered me. It's like she thought Lucy should be thrilled to have lunch with Victor. 

Everything is so plot-pointy. 

• Love 3

I do not understand the point of the Carly in Jacksonville story. I honestly don't.

Elizabeth remembers someone who was pushed (or fell, she could have just fallen) down the stairs over 25 years ago when Liz was a teenager, and this person looks just like Finn's deceased wife. Who died before Finn came to PC, which was...5 years ago? (I have no idea how long he's been in town.) Is Finn supposed to be a lot older than Elizabeth? This is all very confusing.

I am SOOOOO tired of Victor and his vague warnings of doom. They've been going on since he showed up in town. Let the doom start, or let's just forget the whole thing. M'kay?

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

Now, take this from someone who has not watched this show regularly in over a decade.

But Liz's story sounds almost like a retread of Laura's repressed memories story before she exited the show, drooling and catatonic, relegated to a wig on a stick.

• Useful 1
43 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Now, take this from someone who has not watched this show regularly in over a decade.

But Liz's story sounds almost like a retread of Laura's repressed memories story before she exited the show, drooling and catatonic, relegated to a wig on a stick.

Yeah when it first started like 99 years ago,  a lot of people said this was very similar to Wig on a Stick. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

So if it's Finn's wife, then the attacks are completely random. She's just stabbing people she's coming across for no reason whatsoever. But Elizabeth who may or may not have shoved her down the stairs, has been having blackouts, and is in a maybe relationship with Finn is walking around like no biggie. I don't know, I'd think that she'd be the one with the bull's eye on her back.

This is such a stupid swerve. Esme has reason to attack both Ava and Joss; there is no reason for Finn's ex-wife to rise from the grave and suddenly start attacking these people.

Did she become a zombie randomly attacking people? These are two arcs that should not be connected.

2 hours ago, Blackie said:

Yes Carly could have made contact with someone at PC but Sonny's message could have said there was a urgent matter she need to phone home about, not just him ordering her to call him. I would have rolled my eyes too.

When I was travelling and my young child was at home, I checked in every day, usually twice. Even if Carly doesn't want to (and why didn't she call her nanny?) if Sonny is calling her, the most likely thing would be because there is a problem with their young daughter, Donna. Or maybe Joss. I'd be worrying, not rolling my eyes.

Thinking that Sonny is calling because he can't do without her and wants her to come back is Curtis levels of self-absorption.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

if Sonny is calling her, the most likely thing would be because there is a problem with their young daughter, Donna. Or maybe Joss. I'd be worrying, not rolling my eyes.

especially because since they got divorced- this is the first time Sonny's called her. that alone should have been wait "why is this happening? what happened" first eyeroll. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

This is such a stupid swerve.

Stupid but not all that shocking. Maybe she's Esme's real mom too while we're at it. Or Maybe she found Esme and has decided to get vengeance on her behalf.

Any way you slice this, we're in for a long, drawn out storyline that will make no sense by the time we reach its conclusion.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

OG Carly's relationship with Virginia was actually fairly nuanced.  And she was devastated by her death - it was one of the firsts things the show did to move Carly from chaos agent to fully-fledged leading character. So there is something to be mined in that relationship, and Carly herself post-Nelle (even though their relationship and Nelle's vendetta was a ridiculous contrivance) reckoning with her treatment of Virginia who was portrayed as a limited but genuine and kind person.

But this contrived burial plot story does none of that. And it brings up Reese, another ridiculous and disastrous contrivance that should be left unmentioned?  Why?

I actually like the idea of isolating Carly for a bit, sending her to Eat, Pray, Love or maybe get her groove back or some other female-centric movie plot based on a best-seller. But unless we're going to find out the coffin is either empty (and Virginia is the Hook) or she was buried with the secret to bringing down Victor Cassadine, I fail to see the point in any of this frankly just weird story.

I think there's only even been one truly great serial killer story on daytime (The Loving Murders) but I'm all for thinning out the cast. I've been a "why is Brando?" person since I came back in January. But it is still sad to see him go.

I'm more curious to see which characters they will use this to jettison than I am who the culprit is. (I'd dump Jordan - this recast is terrible, and Rory - has all the charisma of the Jordan recast)

And if the mystery woman is Finn's wife, I hope Liz is Eyes of Laura Mars-ing and Finn pushed her down the stairs. Because if Liz is being driven crazy because she thinks she killed a woman having an affair with a man named Webber then I need Ron Carlivati to sue these people for stealing his "history rhyming" schtick and doing it worse than he ever could...and he's terrible at it!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Yeah when it first started like 99 years ago,  a lot of people said this was very similar to Wig on a Stick. 

Liz has to start hallucinating a teenaged version of herself that doesn't look like her or even like someone from 1997.

Edited by methodwriter85
17 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Of the three Jordans, BNH was probably the most believable as a tough authority figure, but I don't think she had chemistry with anyone. At least in this role, she was very "hard." She did her best work when she was fighting with someone.  

But she had the Amazing Crimefighting Eyebrows. No evildoer could prevail against that dynamic duo.

13 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

it is mind boggingly stupid if it turns out that the woman that Liz/jeff threw down the stairs 3o years ago turns out to be the woman that was married to Finn before dying supposedly of an infectious disease.  I mean, come on now.  

Yep, looks like she survived a push from Liz (or whoever), didn’t age a day before marrying Finn some 20 years later, then died but didn’t. Makes perfect sense.

11 hours ago, Blackie said:

Maxie seemed so upbeat I thought she didn't know that Brando was dead yet. I guess we are supposed to glean that she is  upset about Brando's death by the fact that she looks like she came to work, at a fashion magazine, without washing her hair and just throwing on a schlumpy sweater. 

And this is different from Maxie’s usually frumpy appearance how? She wouldn’t have to be upset, just… awake on a Tuesday. Or Wednesday. Or whatever.

9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

This is such a stupid swerve. Esme has reason to attack both Ava and Joss; there is no reason for Finn's ex-wife to rise from the grave and suddenly start attacking these people.

Did she become a zombie randomly attacking people? These are two arcs that should not be connected.

I’m not so sure they are. Finn’s wife died from an infectious disease, one that he later learned how to cure, or something like that. The hook was dipped in venom, which is a different thing altogether.

My first thought when hearing it was venom from a reptile was alligators! From Florida! But alligators aren’t venomous. Rattlesnakes are, however— and Florida is home to lots of them. I still think Nelle is the Hooker.

I liked Linda Purl a lot better when she was Pam’s mom on The Office.

Kevin on the phone to his patient: “You’re having a major depressive episode? With thoughts of suicide?… Oh, sorry to hear that. But I have a friend here who needs hypnosis to remember an event from 30 years ago, and it can’t possibly wait another day. How’s next Tuesday for you?”

Edited by 30 Helens
Finn is not Kevin
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Kevin on the phone to his patient: “You’re having a major depressive episode? With thoughts of suicide?… Oh, sorry to hear that. But I have a friend here who needs hypnosis to remember an event from 30 years ago, and it can’t possibly wait another day. How’s next Tuesday for you?”

Right? I get Elizabeth was desperate, but she needed to read the room. On the other hand, Kevin could have come out and said his appointment couldn't be canceled. I kind of wish they'd set up that differently, because neither one came off that well. Elizabeth for being pushy and Kevin for folding.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I don't understand this Liz storyline. First they say her loss of time was because of sleeping pills. Now it's because of a repressed memory of pushing Finns wife? 

How old was Finns wife? Was Liz sent to port Charles because of Finns wife?

Now that it's clear Carly is conscious, I lost interest so fast in these Jacksonville scenes.  I thought they might be doing something different, and I was interested, but I shoulda known better.  It's just the same old boring entitled screeching Carly.  What a shame.  

16 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm assuming that Finn's dearly departed wife isn't all that departed. All of a sudden there's someone running around with a poisoned hook from some sort of snake and he talks about how he and his wife were working with some dude in some remote place, and now Elizabeth's memories are tied to her. Okie dokie. Whatever her name is behind these stabbings. Before we had a name, and now we have a face too. I really can't with these writers pulling this dumb stuff out of their asses. Did she also help Peter escape the freezer?

I'm not in love with this Lucy storyline at all. It's uncomfortable and predatory and why in the world does Victor think that Lucy will be his second mate? What a waste of talent.

I'm going to skip right over Carly and whatever this storyline is. The less said the better.

And there's Drewfus who has zero purpose but to pant after Carly. I'm assuming his ass is headed for Jacksonville.

And yes, Portia, Jordan knows if that look from Portia when Jordan said she was glad they were both on the side of truth is anything to go by.

I'm completely  lost about whatever they're trying to do with Finn.  This is out of left field.  

I'm so glad you mentioned these disgusting Lucy and Victor scenes.  I was so uncomfortable, I don't want to watch any more scenes like that.   He's VERY predatory.  Disgusting.   Why do they think we want to see this? 

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

The world is still upside down because Sonny is still making sense.  Taking about security, being mad at Carly for not calling.  Umm, you have two minor children (well, 1 1/2). Like it or not you need to let your ex husband know where you are for their sake.

14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
16 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

That really bothered me. It's like she thought Lucy should be thrilled to have lunch with Victor. 

I really didn’t like that either.  Since when is Maxie so pro-Victor?  And after a short stint with a good stylist, she looks terrible again too.  

I also don’t like the predatory nature of this whole Victor/Lucy story.  Victor has always been suave and debonair, and kind of comical.  Like he was above it all.  I don’t like this turn at all.

I have no idea what is even happening with the Liz story and how that might relate to the hooked killer.  Like, just….what?!  I just said a couple days ago I was interested in this story.  So obviously it gets ruined.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Now that it's clear Carly is conscious, I lost interest so fast in these Jacksonville scenes.  I thought they might be doing something different, and I was interested, but I shoulda known better.  It's just the same old boring entitled screeching Carly.  What a shame.  

Why does this moron think Linda Purl--ONE WOMAN who's just on a committee--can stop the project?  If she's really that hellbent, why not go to the Planning Commission or, in true Carly fashion, storm the mayor's office?  Oh, right, because then she wouldn't be also ~confronting her past. 

Go home, show, you're drunk.

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Oh FUCK THIS SHOW TO HELL AND BACK!🤬🤬

It's not enough that Frank and his minions have destroyed Rick Webber, Anna, and even Robert to a certain degree. He's just so hell bent on ruining every original General Hospital character, even if they're no longer on the show! And now Jeff Webber is in his cross-hairs!

FUCKHIMFUCKHIMFUCKHIM!!!!🤬🤬🤬

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

I also don’t like the predatory nature of this whole Victor/Lucy story.  Victor has always been suave and debonair, and kind of comical.  Like he was above it all.  I don’t like this turn at all.

It would have been better had Lucy been unattached, Victor suave and debonair, leaving it a mystery.  A better story anyway.  

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I don't know if it's Jeff Weber they're throwing under the bus, or if it's Fin.  I don't which would be worse.  It's a mistake to turn Fin into a villain, because Liz fans have argued on Twitter, a lot, that he really cares for her and he's not controlling etc.   This would be an embarrassment for them and kind of a betrayal.  They should not treat Liz/Becky fans this way.  They've suffered enough, honestly.  I guess we'll see.  I don't like the turn this has taken though. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, CeChase said:

I'm completely  lost about whatever they're trying to do with Finn.  This is out of left field.  

Let me help you. They're making Elizabeth's story about Finn. Like they tend to do. His wife may or may not have been involved with Jeff Webber, now we possibly have her involved with this whole serial killer clusterfuck.

Sam and Dante get flack for how incestuous they are as a pairing. But these arrows flying out Jeff Webber are starting to give them a run for their money. So Hayden's mom had her with Jeff and Hayden was in a relationship with Finn and they had Violet together. Then apparently, Finn's deceased or formerly deceased wife may have had an affair with Liz's father. And I think that Finn was in Africa with what's her name where Jeff landed, which means that Finn probably knew him too, but is lying to Elizabeth about it, which makes him pushing for her to reconnect with her family pretty insidious.

It's all about Finn.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

did Finn say that it was Reiko, or whatever, or did he say he knew the person?  Cause it could be his mother, or someone from a true crime show he saw or a coma patient he had as a med student or lots of other things.  I also don't think it has anything to do with the hooker.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So Hayden's mom had her with Jeff and Hayden was in a relationship with Finn and they had Violet together. Then apparently, Finn's deceased or formerly deceased wife may have had an affair with Liz's father. And I think that Finn was in Africa with what's her name where Jeff landed, which means that Finn probably knew him too, but is lying to Elizabeth about it, which makes him pushing for her to reconnect with her family pretty insidious.

This is like Bold and The Beautiful Level of "incest" if you ask me. It's still gross and proves that neither Frank or his staff have a single creative bone or cell in their bodies.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This is like Bold and The Beautiful Level of "incest" if you ask me. It's still gross and proves that neither Frank or his staff have a single creative bone or cell in their bodies.

Added the underline above. Why should they be any different than anyone else in television nowadays? I see ads for reboots and re-imaginings of old TV shows all the time. It seems that no one has the creativity to come up with a new idea; they don't even have the imagination to rename these recycled shows. Soaps have historically stuck with some tried and true formulas, but they've been pretty good about creating variations, so the new plot has some level of interest to it. Now, the writers seem to do little but plug in different characters, which seems lazy and uncreative. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh FUCK THIS SHOW TO HELL AND BACK!🤬🤬

It's not enough that Frank and his minions have destroyed Rick Webber, Anna, and even Robert to a certain degree. He's just so hell bent on ruining every original General Hospital character, even if they're no longer on the show! And now Jeff Webber is in his cross-hairs!

FUCKHIMFUCKHIMFUCKHIM!!!!🤬🤬🤬

What is it Frank is supposed to have done to Rick Webber now? Dude was dead long before Frank was hired by GH.

Neither Anna nor Robert are "original" characters, unless the term has come to mean something other than characters who were present from the day 1 of the show (of whom there are none left - again through no fault of Frank's because they were all gone before he arrived). You can't even argue that Anna and Robert belong to "original" families because neither the Scorpios nor the Devanes were there on day 1.

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 1

Liz and Violet are the only ones on the current canvas that have biological ties to the original tv families, right? (Through Steve Hardy.)

Honestly though, I think any family around since the 1970s and early 80s has earned legacy status. Even if they aren't original.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Liz and Violet are the only ones on the current canvas that have biological ties to the original tv families, right? (Through Steve Hardy.)

Also Cam, Jake and Aiden via Steve.

Was Lee Baldwin an original?  Because then you have Scott via him.

Me: let's recap some thoughts.
Me: watches the show.
Me: More crap. good to know 

(actually the show made me hate Sonny today which was great because the last few days it was that crazy upside world where Sonny made sense and was right so now the world is back to normal).

OK, I take it back, GH Wiki is super up to date and it looks like it really was Reiko.  I think it might have been her mom though, age wise.  Like, unless Finn is a LOT older than we think or his wife was much older than him.  

• Useful 1