Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

The only characters who are truly dead on this show are Steve, Audrey, Jessie, Edward, Lila, Alan, and BJ. 

I think Morgan is probably truly dead. The show doesn't seem to want Michael to have any serious competition for any part of his life.

15 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

My preference would be for Drew to continue to not hang around them, but I'm not going to hate him because he does.

I am. He's kissing the asses of people who will drop him—again!—the instant SB's Jason returns. And this canonization of Jason is absurd. They barely knew each other. Keep Drew in Curtis's orbit. At least Curtis treats him like his own person.

15 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

everyone in this town, including most of the Qs, are Cornithii "butt kissers" so I'm not sure why Drew is getting so much hate for it

For me it's because he's being such a toady about it. That's all he's doing these days, propping Jason and the Corinthii. 

11 hours ago, nilyank said:

Cyrus

Has that thread been completely dropped? We haven't heard about his dastardly deeds for quite a while now.

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Then they decided to include Anna and Alex in the memory transplant story, turning Anna into a weeping mess.

That was the nadir of Anna's character. So, so terrible. 

I kind of loved Peter's Snidely Whiplash phase of being the Über Evil, but as is too frequently the case with GH, it went on way too long.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think they cast the wrong actor for the role of Peter. I didn't buy him as a villain, I didn't buy him as this earnest loverboy with Maxie. I hated that they kept ramming him down our (my) throats even though the character wasn't working. Then they decided to include Anna and Alex in the memory transplant story, turning Anna into a weeping mess.

I'm certain the actor did his best, but the writers botched a lot of that story arc. Never mind giving him and Maxie a baby.

50 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I kind of loved Peter's Snidely Whiplash phase of being the Über Evil, but as is too frequently the case with GH, it went on way too long.

If he had stayed an adequate mini-villain, I might have liked or tolerated his character  better, but because I never found WR remotely attractive  in any way (Yes, I'm shallow), I could never buy Maxie falling for him. By the time he had committed to being a scenery-chewing bad guy, I just wanted him gone.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Wait!  Does Michael have another face?  Oh, yeah, the open mouth, slack jaw.  Horrible.  How does he stay on contract?

he has four. 

Confused Face
Constipated-Thinking Face
Shocked-Slack Jaw Face
Douchebag Face

that's it. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

Did they have no plan for CM aside from from discount Jason or did he get reworked to fill a void after SBu left? Jason has long been a waste of a character and Carly using him as a crutch made her look pathetic so slotting Drew in just makes it all the more obvious that she can’t survive without some guy propping her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I'm not surprised Carly immediately glommed onto JasonLite, but why would JasonLite let her? I'm okay with him being nice to her (even though she doesn't deserve it), but to actively seek her out and support her? Ugh. Stop. Let Carly flounder along for a while. And anyway, Carly's going to do what she wants, so JasonLite is wasting his time.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm not surprised Carly immediately glommed onto JasonLite, but why would JasonLite let her? I'm okay with him being nice to her (even though she doesn't deserve it), but to actively seek her out and support her? Ugh. Stop. Let Carly flounder along for a while. And anyway, Carly's going to do what she wants, so JasonLite is wasting his time.

To be fair, we used to say the same thing about Jax when LW first debuted and they had him acting like she was perfect and no one else understood her when he previously saw her pretty accurately. Seems like every guy in her orbit with the exception of Sonny has followed this playbook for the past 20 years and it never makes sense.  

• Love 11

The whole "I'll go with you to Sonny's so you can tell him Peter is dead" is also ridiculous. 

1. Carly could leave him a phone message.
  2. She doesn't need back-up to see Sonny at his penthouse.  She doesn't need Drew following her like a puppy.
  • Love 10
43 minutes ago, ciarra said:

The whole "I'll go with you to Sonny's so you can tell him Peter is dead" is also ridiculous. 

1. Carly could leave him a phone message.
  2. She doesn't need back-up to see Sonny at his penthouse.  She doesn't need Drew following her like a puppy.

These set ups are so contrived and lame at times. As you said, Carly could call him or text him! Oh no . . . she has to go and see him in person (w/Drew tagging along like a loser) so she can see Nina at Sonny's place. Why? She wanted to be divorced so she shouldn't care what Sonny does. 

@ffwbe - Not sure how to quote when editing, but I think Drew's story was suppose to involve Hayden at some point. There was really no other reason for Sean's "Justice for Hayden" nonsense. They resurrected that story from the dead, retconned it, and then just dropped it. I think they were hoping to capture that AMC magic w/Drew and Hayden. I didn't watch AMC but do know all about Ryan/Greenlee. But I could be wrong. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do think they are wasting him by making him Carly's lapdog. I feel bad for CM. I was enjoying his Drew in Greece but now . . . ugh. I just hate seeing Drew interact w/the Corinthos clan. They literally wrote him off when they learned he wasn't Jason. It's all so fake and forced!  

Edited by lala2
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, lala2 said:

These set ups are so contrived and lame at times. As you said, Carly could call him or text him! Oh no . . . she has to go and see him in person (w/Drew tagging along like a loser) so she can see Nina at Sonny's place. Why? She wanted to be divorced so she shouldn't care what Sonny does. 

Contrived, yes. But on a show where people do pop-ins for everything, even things like lunch invitations that any sane person would do by phone, hardly unexpected. At least this time it was to deliver actual big news.

But as for Drew and CM… sigh. I can’t remember the last time an actor with such an impressive debut had his character fizzle so quickly. He went from Navy Seal to trained seal in the blink of an eye.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

Today's Show

Recap of Liz talking to Betsy. Scotty! He's looking tan. Scotty is pissed that Peter is dead and not facing trial for killing Franco. Liz asks do you think the boys are resentful me dating Finn? Scotty thinks. "Aiden no. Jake definatently."

Dianne! Alexis and she banter about her new job and how Dianne was bad about not visiting, yada yada. Dianne doesn't wanna waste time so she says "Let's just cut to the chase. the woman who doesn't have a birth certificate and didn't legally adopt a baby is your new friend harmony right?

Harmony and Shawn do si do about Mac and Cheese balls (which sounds... gross but whatever) and then Shawn is like "So you still hang around Criminals?" Shut up.

Finn shows up to visit Chase. Chase admits it still hurts giving up Baileylou. He's paced and ready to go. No reason to say, says Chase. Finn whispers if BLQ feels the same way. and Chase shrugs. "BLQ's GONE."

Carly and Jasonlite see Nina and Sonny. Sonny asks "What are you doing here?" Carly smirks "I don't have to ask you two that question." (no. you don't. it's sonny's house and he has a friend over and y'all are divorcing. so you don't get to ask questions, Carly). both Sonny and Nina roll their eyes, and Carly deploys smug bitch face.

credits!

BLQ went to Bensonhurst to visit Lois. Chase thinks this is an excuse so she can get away. Finn: I guess the house would be empty with you and Baileylou gone. Chase yeah, I guess so. Finn: I thought that you and BLQ made a good team.I thought you'd lean on each on each other to get through this.  Chase: "So did I, and then I kissed her"

Hospital
Liz: Aiden and Jake told me they liked him. Scotty: "Aiden said he liked him, but Jake complains a lot." Liz: What?! Scotty admits that Jake is also a teenager and complains about  lack of action movies too. (snort). Scotty also goes it's good that Liz is moving on from Franco. Liz infodumps Scotty and Liz says with what you said and what i know.... could Jake be behind this? psycho Jake. dun dun dunnnn

Newspaper office.
more legal bantering from Alexis and Dianne. it basically sums up like this. "Harmony has a long line of maniuplating people, and I don't want to see you hurt." Alexis asks if that means Dianne doesn't trust her judgement

Charlies
Harmony asks "Criminals?" Shawn says that they were connected back in the day. no one could make a fake id like Bucky. Harmony says she had No idea that Bucky did that. Shawn: "I thought you said you were friends?" Harmony: "Drinking buddy and we play darts. thanks for your concern." Shawn: "I don't care what you do with your life. unless it drags Alexis into it." Harmony gives Shawn a stink eye as she should. "Alexis is a big girl and can take care of herself" Shawn: "Alexis has a lot of friends in this town, real friends. she's not isolated in BabyJail anymore so watch your step." SHUT. UP. 

Sonny's
Sonny: "Don't start " Carly "We need to talk."  Sonny: "you said we had nothing to talk about." Nina reminds Sonny she was going to go anyway, so it's time to split. (nina, you are smart hah). Sonny invites Carly and Jasonlite in, and Carly snorts something under her breath.  

Sonny thanks Nina for last night. Nina says that their lives are really complicated. Sonny thanks Nina for being a really good friend. Nina ditches. Carly eyes the divorce papers. "Is this about Donna?" Sonny wants to know. Carly snaps. "it's about Jason." 

Charlies
Harmony is glad that alexis has a strong support system since it's a challenge to reenter society and starting over. Nina shows up. Harmony takes that interruption to leave.

Jax's. 
"you kissed BLQ and she left town?"  Chase: "Yeah." Finn: You need to check your ego!"  Chase: "What" Finn: "BLQ just had to give up the baby she raised since birth and you think it was your disgusting kiss that sent her running?" snort. Chase: 'Thanks for stopping by, please go.' Finn apologizes for ribbing her brother but he wants Chase to tell the truth about his feelings. No more couching it about pretnses. how does Chase really feel?

Hospital.
Scotty wants to know if Liz really thinks Jake could do this? Liz reminds us that Jake had a hard time in the past. Scotty: That was Helena Cassadine and also that was a very long time ago. Jake is mentally stable. AND he's a teenage boy.  Liz: "I know and I hope that's what it really is." Scotty: "the ring in your locker sends a message. It could be a message but it also could be sinister. It could be harrassment." Scotty makes Liz promise to contact him if more crazy stuff happens. 

Betsy appears. She was already in town to visit Bobbie? (bobbie?) Liz goes "Franco?!" Oh. 

Sonny's. 
"I thought you'd wanna know Maxie is safe and Peter is dead." clips out Carly. (because this couldn't be said over the phone). Sonny "About damn time. thanks for coming to tell me. You're here because?" Jasonlite doesn't say "because I'm Carly's new Lapdog" but actually "I was there in Switzerland so I can tell you how it went down." 

Sonny: "I don't need details. He died like the dog he was." (when is it your turn, Sonny?)  Jasonlite: "Well you said what you needed to say, Carly, i can give you a ride if you want." Carly activates righteous bitch face and says "No I'm not done here. Sonny and I need to set a few things straight." 

Hospital.
Betsy misses Franco and not a day goes by when she doesn't think about him. Liz infodumps Betsy about Peter. "Good" snaps Betsy. " Both admit it's hard living life without Franco . Liz also says that she's even seeing someone. "I know" glares Betsy. "I know allllll about it."

Jax's. 
"We're friends." Chase says. lots of I know how good it was for BLQ to have someone to talk to because BLQ was taking all the hits from her family. Finn: "I can't believe i'm saying this but let's talk about the kissing!" Chase infodumps all the looks and maybe, but then we got the news, Peter was dead, and Maxie was safe, and I couldn't take my eyes off her and I didn't want to pull away and i kissed her. after it was over BLQ dodged the moment, so I let it go. Finn's mind is blown. "it begs the question, do you have feelings for BLQ?

Charlie's. 
TJ shows up. Breast reduction surgery turned into cancer tumour deduction. yay. celebration times. Shawn is like I' leaving town. (bye Shawn).  

Jasonlite shows up and glares at Nina. Nina snaps at him. "you don't have to track me down, I'm trying to avoid Carly, I don't even want anything to do with Carly." Jasonlite looks at her and goes. "I just came to get something to eat." lmao. I died.. Nina: "oh... um. okay. Sorry. I needed to talk to Phyllis" Jasonlite: I also wanted to say thank you.

Alexis's office. 
Dianne: "Harmony was a good friend when you were in baby jail but you aren't in baby jail so does Harmony deserve you." (you are friends with murderers and mobsters Dianne so shut up). Alexis is taking this in, when Harmony shows up.  Alexis says "Dianne was just leaving." Dianne "I have things to do. good luck with your little project." Harmony and Dianne says "Miss. Miller, Miss Miller." 

Alexis wants to know how willow took the news. Harmony has oh crap face.

Sonny's
Carly doesn't want Nina around Donna it's already going to be a confusing time. (So does this mean Jasonlite won't be around Donna? just saying, goose, gander). they argue about not knowing each other, and putting the girls first, and Sonny's a good father. flashback to Nina telling Sonny he drinks too much.  Carly wants to be around when she brings Donna over. "No we're not going to do that." Sonny says. Carly looks pissed. 

my PVR got really screwy so that's how much i got. (sorry guys). 

• Love 10

Typical Carly to be rude about someone's guest in that someone's home.

3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Shawn is like "So you still hang around Criminals?" Shut up.

Shawn, you were a mob hit man. SHUT UP. Thank goodness the character is leaving.

• Love 12

Today on "It's None of Your Business Hospital":

Shawn threatend Harmony over her friendship with Alexis. Shut up, Shawn, Alexis is an adult and she can make her own decisions. Ugh

Carly, divorce papers sitting on her desk, gets all judgey that Nina is at Sonny's apartment. And then she says that Nina only wanted her to help Sonny to absolve her own conscience. Carly really is such a Mega Bitch.

Drew getting angry at Nina because she was at Sonny's apartment. Shut up, Carly sycophant.

Diane, mob lawyer, gets a marginal tick for wanting Alexis to break off her firendship with Harmony because she forged a birth certificate.

The mob people are really the worst hypocrites.

"Never thought I'd say this but let's get to the kissing."  LOL Chase was a relief today from the Carson dreck.

On 2/26/2022 at 8:04 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Like you said, everyone in this town, including most of the Qs, are Cornithii "butt kissers" so I'm not sure why Drew is getting so much hate for it. Drew might not lose as much as Monica if he wasn't friends with them, but there's no real reason for him not to be.

Today Drew crossed into Hate category for me (and I was someone excited to see CM take on the role). The confrontation with Nina was totally unneccesary but the gaslighting was just unreal. It wasn't Nina's fault that Sonny had amnesia, that's all on Sonny and it wasn't her fault that Carly had to be brave&strong to keep Sonny's organisation, Carly was just salivating to be the Mob Queen.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh. Stop. Let Carly flounder along for a while.

This would actually make her a somewhat more interesting character. The entitled, vindictive soccer mom that all men adore has gotten really boring.

• Love 16

So apparently Harmony lied (shocking! and we all knew she was lying) about a Joan person being Willow, and couldn't out of Charlie's fast enough when Nina arrived there. So it's obvious at this point that she knows who Willow's mother is. Then Alexis sarcastically says it's not like she stole the baby.

Dear Drew, who appointed you Carly's fucking advocate? Please mind your goddamn business. And Carly isn't your friend. Carly will drop you like a hot potato the second Jason swims back to PC, because we know Jason is a superhero. But I did appreciate that Sonny did not bother hiding his contempt of Drew. See, Drew? That's really what Jason's nearest and dearest thing of you. 

I will always enjoy Finn and Chase's relationship. I chuckled when Finn qualified Chase's kiss as disgusting. Because that's such a sibling thing to say.

Carly: Nina Nina Nina Nina. Nina knew about you being off your meds, remembers that Nina tried to tell her, but blames Nina for wanting to have a clear conscience about Sonny being off his meds.

Nina: Carly Carly Carly . . . . something something Carly.

Me: thinking of ways I can end my suffering. 

I'm more into Besty trying to gaslight Elizabeth, than Jake doing it. And you know, show, it's not forbidden to have one scene with Danny and Jake talking about losing their dad. Sonny and Carly have taken so much room in this Jason is dead, neverending story arc that it's hard to remember that he has two teenaged sons who are probably hurting over their father's loss. I could give a fuck about Carly's pain.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 12

No worries @Daisy! Thanks for doing these recaps. They are very much appreciated. 

I enjoyed the way Sonny handled Carly. Carly could have called him and told him that information about Peter. There was no real reason to go to his home. I also agree that she wanted to be divorced from him, so she should shut up. She knew it was a good possibility he would hook up w/Nina so why is she acting shocked and surprised?  She practically gift wrapped her husband and handed him to Nina w/all her OTT dramatics and hurt feelings. And let's be real - if Jason were alive and willing, I'm sure she would be hooking up w/him. Carly can just shut up. I was happy Sonny signed the papers. We can close this chapter of CarSon! Thank goodness. 

Drew . . . ugh! Why does he care about Carly? Ugh . . . . I just can't w/this Carly-loving version of Drew. Such a waste. I know many hated him, but Drew should be connecting w/Liz, not Carly. Liz and Franco were his friends! Honestly, he should have gone after Peter for Franco NOT Maxie. I hate all these fake connections they've given him. CM is doing a good job (I know him mostly from Hallmark Christmas flicks), but I hate the direction they've taken Drew. I hate his Carly love. He may as well not even be on the show, IMO. 

I muted all of Alexis/Diane/Harmony/Sean/TJ. I don't care about Willow's birth certificate. I did see the look Harmony gave Nina - further confirming Nina is Willow's mother. Just ugh . . . to all of that. 

I can't remember any other arcs today. Oh yeah . . . the Chase/Finn scenes were fine. I still think Jake is the culprit. Betsy would be too obvious, right? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I need the show to tell me (or better, show me) why Drew thinks getting involved with Carly and Sonny's ish is a good idea. They are toxic, horrible people who only care what others can do for them.

Just now, lala2 said:

We can close this chapter of CarSon!

For now. They'll get back together eventually. They always do.

1 minute ago, lala2 said:

I don't care about Willow's birth certificate.

If this were more interesting, it would probably be my current rage-blackout story, but it's so stupidly boring and manufactured, I can't rouse myself to care.

• Love 6

I’m annoyed at the way this Harmony SL is playing out because it’s painfully obvious that she has Alexis snowed and all of the judgy people in her life are being set up to say I told you so. I do wonder how Harmony knows Nina though. Wasn’t she supposed to be in a coma when her baby was born?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 2/27/2022 at 12:03 PM, dubbel zout said:

I am. He's kissing the asses of people who will drop him—again!—the instant SB's Jason returns. And this canonization of Jason is absurd. They barely knew each other. Keep Drew in Curtis's orbit. At least Curtis treats him like his own person.

When someone saves your life - especially when you believe they died in your place - a lot of people tend to canonize that person. It has nothing to do with them barely knowing each other.

12 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

But I did appreciate that Sonny did not bother hiding his contempt of Drew. See, Drew? That's really what Jason's nearest and dearest thing of you. 

No, it isn't. That's what Sonny thinks of him - mainly because they're going to be romantic rivals now. Sonny's thought and feelings are his own. It doesn't represent what Jason's nearest and dearest think of him. It certainly doesn't represent what Monica thinks of him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

No, it isn't. That's what Sonny thinks of him - mainly because they're going to be romantic rivals now. Sonny's thought and feelings are his own. It doesn't represent what Jason's nearest and dearest think of him. It certainly doesn't represent what Monica thinks of him.

Jason's nearest and dearest are Sonny and Carly. That's who I'm talking about. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’m annoyed at the way this Harmony SL is playing out because it’s painfully obvious that she has Alexis snowed and all of the judgy people in her life are being set up to say I told you so. I do wonder how Harmony knows Nina though. Wasn’t she supposed to be in a coma when her baby was born?

the one small bright side here is that at least Harmony is TALKING to Alexis about her bad decisions, not being all sneaky sneak about it. but it's so dumb. Harmony was legit there for Alexis and it wasn't just because of baby jail. but now they are torpedoing this really good friendship because why?

21 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I will always enjoy Finn and Chase's relationship. I chuckled when Finn qualified Chase's kiss as disgusting. Because that's such a sibling thing to say.

best part of the show. 

13 minutes ago, lala2 said:

No worries @Daisy! Thanks for doing these recaps. They are very much appreciated. 

thanks @lala2 :) that means a lot to hear. 

I got to see the end of the show.  thanks YT.
I'm so over Jasonlite. what a waste. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

If Madeline handed over the baby to Harmony, then Harmony would know, wouldn't she? And I think both characters were in PC at the same time. I don't think it would be that hard for her to connect the dots. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Carly: Nina Nina Nina Nina. Nina knew about you being off your meds, remembers that Nina tried to tell her, but blames Nina for wanting to have a clear conscience about Sonny being off his meds.

That was so nuts, who thinks like that!

I can't believe I am starting to like Sonny a teeny little bit. It was a good idea for him to not want Donna to stay overnight. Unless he is just lazy.

• LOL 5
53 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Sonny "About damn time. thanks foor coming to tell me. You're here because?" Jasonlite doesn't say "because I'm Carly's new Lapdog" bu

I don't even think Drew is Jasonlite anymore because even Jason called Carly on her BS sometimes. He is more like JasonVision or something. He is morphing into Carly's most perfect dream vision on Jason.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

I just can't with Carly. Sonny does the right thing and tells her he had been off his meds for a few days, and he wants to make sure things are right before he has Donna stay overnight. Which is the responsible thing. So what does Carly do? Make it about Nina. FFS. Of course Carly never stops to think that maybe if she just STFU for a minute and let people talk, she might get some useful information. But no, it's always about what she wants. GOD.

Maxie has already held Bailey and told her she's her mother. Why doesn't Nina know this (or at least expect it to have already happened)? 

OMG, shut up, JasonLite! Butt out of Nina's life. Maybe this is my new rage-blackout story: JasonLite being inserted into stories he has no purpose being in.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Shawn is like "So you still hang around Criminals?" Shut up.

So says the guy who SHANKED someone to do a favor for the LOCAL CRIME BOSS while he was IN PRISON because he BOTCHED A HIT ordered by THE LOCAL CRIME BOSS.

Do fuck all the way off to San Francisco, you raging hypocrite.

• Love 23

Wasn't Phyllis Nina's nurse back hen she was in the coma?  There is no way that Phyllis wouldn't have known that Nina was pregnant with twins. Not to mention, they would have provided extra problems and the gossip would have been all over the facility. This is so stupid.

38 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Finn's mind is blown. "it begs the question, do you have feelings for BLQ?

Pet peeve: this is not what 'begs the question' which is when an argument's premises assume the truth of the conclusion, instead of supporting it.   We needs a phrase that means "leads to the question" which is what people really mean.

41 minutes ago, Daisy said:

(So does this mean Jasonlite won't be around Donna? just saying, goose, gander)

Donna was already thinking that Jaysus was her father. Poor kid, she might as well be in a commune.

52 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Shawn, you were a mob hit man. SHUT UP. Thank goodness the character is leaving.

Seconded. He's been a waste and a hypocrite this whole time on the show.

34 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

No, it isn't. That's what Sonny thinks of him - mainly because they're going to be romantic rivals now.

We suspect that because this is a soap opera but Sonny doesn't know that. He might be jealous of Jason because he knows that Carly has feelings for Jason but this is Jasonlite.

I'm not interested in Betsy Frank and I'd much rather see the haunting story with Jake who is having trouble coping with the loss of both his stepfather and his biological father, especially given that Jason was a very distant father and now Jake will never have the opportunity to be close to him.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Maxie has already held Bailey and told her she's her mother. Why doesn't Nina know this (or at least expect it to have already happened)? 

In Nina's defence, she's been with Sonny the entire time that Maxie was picking up the baby from BLQ, dragging his drunk ass out of Charlie's and spending the night on his couch.   and apparently no one understands how a phone works.  

35 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm not interested in Betsy Frank and I'd much rather see the haunting story with Jake

Assuming this still isn't a Liz/DID story, it's a lot easier to make Betsy the bad guy since she would come in, run her shenanigans, get tossed in Shadybrook and the story is over.  If it's Jake then there would need to be much more story that would have lasting effects past the next three weeks, which is how long it will take to wrap up this story, since it doesn't involve the Corinthi or the Corinthi adjacent.    

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course Carly never stops to think that maybe if she just STFU for a minute and let people talk, she might get some useful information.

Right! Carly needs Judge Judy to tell her that she has 2 ears and 1 mouth because she should listen more and talk less. :-)

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Assuming this still isn't a Liz/DID story, it's a lot easier to make Betsy the bad guy since she would come in, run her shenanigans, get tossed in Shadybrook and the story is over.  If it's Jake then there would need to be much more story that would have lasting effects past the next three weeks, which is how long it will take to wrap up this story, since it doesn't involve the Corinthi or the Corinthi adjacent.    

I don't understand why if they are going to go the crazy mother gaslighting Liz over Franco why they are chosing Betsy who I can barely remember as Franco's mother why not have it be Heather...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, hcs said:

I don't understand why if they are going to go the crazy mother gaslighting Liz over Franco why they are chosing Betsy who I can barely remember as Franco's mother why not have it be Heather...

My thoughts on this are the same and I thought it was Heather doing this until the card, but then, Elizabeth never asked Betsy if she sent it to her. So I'm gonna go right ahead and assume that she has nothing to do with any of this.

• Love 8

I know Drew arguing with Nina was over the top bad, but it made me see that CM has way more chemistry with CW than LW, and seemed much more animated and comfortable with her than other actresses they chem tested him with (even Britt), which I appreciated.

Alexis’ office convos remind me of her baby jail convos, with better clothes. They bore me just as much, and I really like her character. Maybe it’s because they all seem to be about Harmony?

And yes, goodbye hypocrite but beautiful Shawn.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Desperado said:

And yes, goodbye hypocrite but beautiful Shawn.

I will miss the eye candy that is Sean Blakemore. 

At least Shawn isn't dying in a hail of bullets, though given his history, it wouldn't be that wrong. It's nice some characters get a happy ending.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, hcs said:

1- I thought I read that Robin Mattson was not well, so unless they recast Heather, it won't be her.

2-The fact that anyone can barely remember who Betsy is, is why they would make it her.  They can write a crap story that starts and stops that barely uses ReHe's talents, throw in a character that no one will care when/if they dispose her.  Then they can go back and continue to write Corinthi stories ad nauseum.  And when fans complain about lack of story for anyone who isn't Corinthi or Corinthi adjacent, they can say, 'what, we gave Liz a whole gaslighting story'.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Stone is also truly dead.

However it was nice to see Scott again although I don't get why he wasn't involved more in the Peter story since Franco was his son.. but hey we need more airtime for Sonny/Carly instead of the other stories were most of the action happens offscreen..

• Love 4

Drew: hey Nina, thanks for keeping the identity of Peter's kid a secret because I hate Peter, but screw you for keeping Sonny's identity a secret because Carly is my friend. 

( CM is becoming automatic FF for me)

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
(edited)

I am never going to understand the TPTB and some of their decisions. There’s no way anyone should have believed that this Carly/Sonny/Nina SL was interesting enough to be an A story played 4/5 days a week for months. Sonny/Carly as a pairing have been tired for a long time and this is their lamest divorce yet. Also, Carly constantly confronting him and talking to anyone and everyone about her marriage woes while claiming she doesn’t want him anymore is beyond sad. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 8
(edited)

They really did a "good" job taking Cameron Mathison's Drew from surprisingly enjoyable to super annoying in a hurry, huh.  Funny how his continued exposure to Carly caused that...

Speaking of...previews...pass me by with Carly's "girl squad" (no, Carly hates women) taking her out to forget about her 954th divorce from Sonny.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13

Drew to Nina: "You're a liar and your lies hurt people."

Two seconds later: "Carly is my friend."

So I guess being a 'friend' makes being a 'liar whose lies hurt people' acceptable, because, boy howdy, if ever a sentence described Carly to a tee...

• Love 14

Poor Elizabeth. She had to come home to a painting hanging above her fireplace of a woman that looks nothing like her. Very odd. I guess GH had to cut the budget with a real artist. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

They're not just scraping the bottom of the barrel to write Sonny and Carly front and centre, they're shaving the wood.

5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

True, but a pity. It could hae been a good longterm story, especially since it's not about CarSon.

It seems like on this show, men as psychopaths (Ryan, Faison, Peter, James Franco) while women have breakdowns (Heather, Laura, Carly).

• Love 4
6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

If Madeline handed over the baby to Harmony, then Harmony would know, wouldn't she? And I think both characters were in PC at the same time. I don't think it would be that hard for her to connect the dots. 

I don't think Harmony knows.  I think the baby was handed over to a third party -- the one who showed up at the commune.  But then I'm extremely gullible.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I don't think Harmony knows.  I think the baby was handed over to a third party -- the one who showed up at the commune.  But then I'm extremely gullible.

I thought that until today when she had a weird reaction to seeing Nina and Alexis made that offhand comment about how she didn’t steal the baby, which implies that she did. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It seems like on this show, men as psychopaths (Ryan, Faison, Peter, James Franco) while women have breakdowns (Heather, Laura, Carly).

Nelle was a psychopath. I don't know if I agree if Peter was one. Then again, I am not a doctor/psychiatrist. Just watch them on tv.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

They really did a "good" job taking Cameron Mathison's Drew from surprisingly enjoyable to super annoying in a hurry, huh.  Funny how his continued exposure to Carly caused that...

I don't know who this character is but he isn't Drew. The minute he showed up in PC they rewrote every aspect of his personality to make him Carly's new lapdog.

This could actually make, dare I say it, a decent story if the show cared to write it but they won't: Carly's obsession with Jason. She dated and was going to marry Franco when Franco passed himself off as Jason's twin, she's going to bang Drew now because Drew is a Jason twin that's alive. 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

This could actually make, dare I say it, a decent story if the show cared to write it but they won't: Carly's obsession with Jason. She dated and was going to marry Franco when Franco passed himself off as Jason's twin, she's going to bang Drew now because Drew is a Jason twin that's alive

Among the unholy trinity, I have to admit I have a soft spot for Carly. We don't need a mobster or a hit man for good soap, but an entitled, narcissistic monster? Yes, please.

The CarSon pairing went stale years ago. But because they have come together and split up so many times, and we have been asked to see their "great love" so often, it's impossible to buy them with other people long term. (I call this Late Stage Josh and Reva Stndrome).

The only other pairing that makes sense is Carly and Jason because of their history. That option is off the table. I agree they could turn into the skid if they wanted to make the Drew thing about Jason. And maybe that will be part of it. 

But I would be much more interested in a story about Carly on her own. I think she needs to be stripped down to her essence, brought low and forced to evaluate her life choices. She has been hustling since the 90's, always moving, scheming, braying, bullying -- constantly making sure everyone does what she wants and thinks what she wants them to think. What if she stopped? 

Her daughter is becoming a monster in her image.  Her shared empire is built on blood, some on it her own son's. The true love of her life is dead. If she was forced to take one moment to reflect and feel all the guilt and shame and loss she has sublimated with self-righteousness, we could get a fascinating psychological story. Think Erica Kane in the Kinx era, where she finally began to learn to forgive and turned her self-absorption outward to protecting her family.

Like ot or not, if this show survives, Carly is going to become the matriarch. I think it's time to start preparing her for the role. She can and should remain a bitch, but a more self aware one.

I'm not sure exactly how to do this. Maybe an illness? Maybe Morgan comes back from the dead wrong?

In my head cannon, a world-renowned physician who is also Helena Cassadine's younger sister, played by Erica Slezak, holds her in a glass cage* for a few weeks to study her psyche and ends up writing her up in the DSM V for her completely unearned moral superiority and narcissism. She also tells her how much Carly reminds her of Helena which does a real number on her. (This is part of a much larger umbrella story.)

All this is to say: Boo to Carly and Drew. Do not want. Give her a story that is not another freaking romance. She can get there eventually but she would be so much more interesting standing on her own. And looking in the mirror.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

And I was going with that. But Harmony had a reaction to Nina and couldn't get out of Charlie's fast enough after that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I really wish they would’ve killed Drew in Greece and then went with “the part of Jason Morgan is now being played by Cameron Mathison”.

Then the current stories would make much more sense. Now they’re just place holders until they bring back SB now that the Disney vaccine mandate has been lifted.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

Think Erica Kane in the Kinx era, where she finally began to learn to forgive and turned her self-absorption outward to protecting her family.

That is a very interesting comparison. I think the real part of it was when Kinx, Jack and everyone forced her to have an intervention because she was drinking too much, in between the fact that Binx was dealing with her own rape/baby forcing Erica to finally face the demon of her own rape/giving up Kendall by going to group rape counselling. those were all great storylines. 

(and then of course they kept her just Erica enough to basically still be all about herself to the point that even Jack had had enough and quoted Rhett Butler at the end haha)

The thing is. Carly can't ever lose. Erica lost a lot. for every two wins, she'd suffer like 3 losses, or she'd torpedo her chances at great happiness because she was convinced Jack would understand because Jack  always understood. Opal and Myrtle while being her best friends also gave her such crap when she deserved it.  Her kids hated her at times (for years) even after Erica changed. 

Carly.. I mean. like i said. it really takes something that where you're supposed to be team Carly, and you don't care because Carly is horrible. Like even yesterday, Drew picked up the refrain that Carly was spewing. "You put Carly and her family in danger because Carly had to keep Sonny's criminal business together." Where you know. the right clap backs should be:

A: why did Carly have to do any of that? JASON told her not to get involved, other people told her not to get involved, and what was Carly's response "Imma gonna do it anyway." 

B: Carly knew what she was getting into when she married a mobster.. if she didn't want to be in danger/put her family in danger, she wouldn't have cultivated a family with a mobster. 

C: Carly is mad at everyone involved with Sonny's death but Sonny who was in the situation he was in - because he decided to murder someone (because again. if Julian told Sonny "I'm not going with you." what were Jason and Sonny going to do? just see him off at the bus depot?)

Like it's kind of funny. 
Erica always wanted to be some kind of starlet and that always got in the way of her relationship with everyone up until the show ended. 

This show shows us that Carly wants to be in the life of the mob - even be mob queen but then has everyone tell us that Ohhh noo that's not Carly's biggest wish and dream. If they want Carly to be this mobstress - then just commit to it and always own it. not "well I was doing it for Sonny!!" like - you mean how your husband always told you not to get involved? 

Her kids just unconditionally love her and not question her life decisions except for the 5 minutes Michael grew a brain and did what he was supposed to do. the only conflict she has in her life is basically the one she fuels because she can't just... not be carly. (which is fine because Erica couldn't just not be Erica). but again no one calls her on it except people  who are fundamentally wrong (like Nina). or you know Robin - who is no longer on the show.

This is why it really hurts the show not to have people anti mob/anti carly. or at least another foil (who aren't written in the wrong so Carly/Joss etc can be right). Carly can't even have self-reflection because everyone (Olivia, Drew, Dianne, etc), constantly tells her she's justified in being a grade a-cow. 

• Love 9