Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

On 1/29/2021 at 9:58 PM, nilyank said:

He should. He was the one that convinced Carly to lie about what happened to Nelle but more importantly he is the one that romantically involved with her and he sort of promised Nina that he was the Anti-Valentin and would never lie/manipulate her about something so important like the truth about her child..

Carly asked Nina to spy on Nelle and come up with things to make sure that she never got custody of Wylie. If I were Nina now finding out that Nelle is my daughter, and that Carly hid that fact, I'd be furious.

Willow is going to study nursing now. The minute she moves away from Michael, she instantly becomes more interesting.

• Love 3

We finally caught up on a few episodes, and Thursday and Friday were a couple of the best in a long time. Fingers crossed that the progress made on the MY DAUGHTER storyline isn’t given up on Monday, ie that Jax doesn’t tell a separate lie to contradict Carly’s “we just learned.” LW had a ton of non-verbal acting in those scenes, looking scheming, panicked, scared, etc. I’d honestly lost track that the storyline’s been going on ~2.5 years, not counting Nina’s initial desperation for a non-specific child.

I’ve decided the only way I can get into the WTD on Chase is if the DNA test shows neither Finn nor Gonzo is his father. But since we can’t have nice things, it would probably be Sonny.

Pettily, how slow are the elevators at GH? Portia and Curtis had a full conversation while riding from floor 2 to floor 1. Maybe the weight of all the anvils slowed down the lift. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Carly asked Nina to spy on Nelle and come up with things to make sure that she never got custody of Wylie. If I were Nina now finding out that Nelle is my daughter, and that Carly hid that fact, I'd be furious.

Wasn't that Nina's original plan when she hired Nelle? When Carly asked her why she hired Nelle, Nina told what she was planning on doing? She imagined that Nelle would  self-sabotage in her bid to getting Wiley. It was only after some conversations that Nina started to fill guilty and started to see her situation in Nelle's that she started to feel conflicted about her original plan.

However when Nina got on the stand, she told the truth and didn't have to come up with anything because Nelle's main interest was getting back at Carly and to a smaller extent Michael as she tried to take Wiley away from them.

• Love 1

OMG Nik 😍🥰 I can't take it. Please show, give us Ava fans at least a year of happiness. Let her drama be about something other than her relationship. But.......isn't this all the same day? When did he have time to go get a ring? Whatever, I am in fan heaven.

Nik: I want to do this right

Also Nik: Proposes again in a hospital 🤣 But it was still beautiful. 😪

God. How lightning doesn't strike Shebeast when she gets on her high horse about other peoples crimes when she lives and breaths mob life is a mystery.

Valentin is shamelessly trying to worm his way back in 😆. He should have reminded shebeast that Jax actually kept her from a family member and would have continued if not for the interview. That would have finally shut her up. The cold bed was a nice burn though. 😎 I wish he had caught her hand when she tried to slap him. Keep your hands to yourself.

I don't know if the writers are stupid or if they think we are. They finally mention Wileys connection to Nelle but Nina's bright idea to prove relation is Nelles items in a box instead of a DNA test? I was really hoping Nina would rage on Jax for deciding what is best for her and in the process denying her a grandson.

I saw Anna and Finn but I somehow missed everything they said and was confused when Anna was hiding in the hospital. lol Brita would be a horrible poker player.

Why do Cam and Trina think Carly would give protection to Franco? Do they think everyone in the town is friendly? Cam, don't do anything stupid.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

Why do Cam and Trina think Carly would give protection to Franco? Do they think everyone in the town is friendly? Cam, don't do anything stupid.

This group of teens are remarkably obtuse to the kind of people their parents and stepparents are and people’s histories with each other so that doesn’t surprise me. Even the things they used to know have long been forgotten, i.e. Cameron getting bullied at school over his mom being engaged to a serial killer 2 years ago. On the other hand, Carly and Franco were engaged, though the show pretty much ignores that whole SL, so I doubt they still hate each other. 

• Love 4

We've been hearing about Nina's daughter since she popped on the show. But this whole reveal business was incredibly subpar. Like they could have made it more anti-climactic if they tried. Of course, Carly gets away with it so far. What a self-righteous bitch. This storyline is such a dumpster fire. 

Ava and Nik are enjoyable to watch. Britta and Leisl were fun to watch. The only reason I'm looking forward to Anna entering this storyline is to see her eat crow about Peter. 

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

We've been hearing about Nina's daughter since she popped on the show. But this whole reveal business was incredibly subpar. Like they could have made it more anti-climactic if they tried. Of course, Carly gets away with it so far. What a self-righteous bitch. This storyline is such a dumpster fire. 

Carly should have been left speechless and Jax should have been made to really feel the weight of his deception. But instead Nina goes up to hug a picture, Carly gets to bitch at Valentin and Jax thinks he still has a chance. I didn't care for the original Nina but the show really needed her for these reveals. This actress holds back and the writing seems to write for her style instead of letting her have real rage. She has been sad for months. Today should have been anger. She should have been pissed that Jax stood with his ex instead of telling her the truth and letting her at least get peace and a GRANDCHILD.

If there are no consequences, the whole thing was pointless.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Ava and Nik are enjoyable to watch. Britta and Leisl were fun to watch. The only reason I'm looking forward to Anna entering this storyline is to see her eat crow about Peter. 

1.  I KNEW IT!!!!! Fuck Hack!Frank! and his minions!
  2. DITTO!
9 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

This has been this Fakakta's show MO for YEARS now. Why expect anything to change?

• Love 2

They let the Wiley baby switch story fizzle out with a disappointing reveal and lackluster custody battle so I wouldn’t be surprised if Nina/Nelle follows a similar path. Maybe they have no big plans for the fallout and just want to finally wrap up the SL. Carly’s response was on brand for her though. Still lying and lashing out even though she’s so obviously been caught. I’d like to see Carly get her comeuppance and for Nina to seek revenge but I’m not holding out hope. At least we won’t have to hear about this stupid necklace anymore. 

• Love 9

Valentin as a Greek chorus of sorts is delightful.

Nik and Ava bore me. I want them scheming against someone, not getting married "for real." I don't think the show has done a good job of showing them falling in love. It's been a lot of moony looks and some Covid sex, but that doesn't a relationship make. Also, who thinks Ava is an ice queen? I can think of a lot of descriptors for her, but that is not one of them.

Nik put the ring on Ava's right hand, LOL.

30 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Didn't Spencer say he'd disown Nik if he didn't break up with Ava?

I forget how it happened, but they're back on decent terms.

12 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

Story of GH. They set up these stories that have decent dramatic proposal (however stupid they are), and then write them with the least amount of drama possible. I can only shake my head.

46 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The only reason I'm looking forward to Anna entering this storyline is to see her eat crow about Peter. 

Poor FH. She is given nothing. This is yet another story that has dragged on and on and on, and there's no forward progress whatsoever. I fully expect no fallout.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Poor FH. She is given nothing. This is yet another story that has dragged on and on and on, and there's no forward progress whatsoever. I fully expect no fallout.

I feel so bad for Finola Hughes. Anna return held so much promise when she returned, but like Becky Herbst, they use her history and likability to prop up bad storylines and crap on the character. What's worse, they are doing it for Laura Wright's boyfriend. Why is Jason the only one who's character isn't messed with long term?

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 3

I don't know why Anna thinks that Finn was such a brilliant spy talking to Britt. All he got is that Britt changed her mind about whether her mother is guilty and that could have come about from something else, something like Peter stabbing Britt in the back as he did. Anna has definitely got stupid since Peter got back, maybe even earlier. She's no match for Britta and Liesl who were delightful in their scene. Britt teasing Liesl about Scott was worth more than all the scenes with Anna and Finn.

Good episode today, and we were spared Sonny, Jason an Peter. Maybe that's why.

17 hours ago, nilyank said:

Wasn't that Nina's original plan when she hired Nelle? When Carly asked her why she hired Nelle, Nina told what she was planning on doing? She imagined that Nelle would  self-sabotage in her bid to getting Wiley. It was only after some conversations that Nina started to fill guilty and started to see her situation in Nelle's that she started to feel conflicted about her original plan.

That was the original plan, and then she changed her mind as she got to know Nelle. Then Carly, with Jax's support, convinced her to trash Nelle on the stand.

When Nina asked how she was going to find out if Nelle really was her daughter, I was shouting "DNA test on Wylie!", although I have to say the scene with the box and turning on Jax was dramatic. She's so focused on Nelle right now, I don't think she's realized that Wylie is her grandson.

They need to keep Valentin away from Nina because while he was terrible being lovesick for her, as a single guy he's a lot of fun. The look he gave Carly as he left, knowing that she's in big trouble now, was delightful.

2 hours ago, ciarra said:

Didn't Spencer say he'd disown Nik if he didn't break up with Ava?

That's what Nik said, in an attempt to play on Ava's pity and have her divorce him so he could keep the money. Low play on both Nik's and Spencer's parts.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

When Nina asked how she was going to find out if Nelle really was her daughter, I was shouting "DNA test on Wylie!", although I have to say the scene with the box and turning on Jax was dramatic. She's so focused on Nelle right now, I don't think she's realized that Wylie is her grandson.

I might forgive Nina for a lot if, upon getting a DNA test once she finally gets around to thinking about it, the test tells her that while Nelle is Wiley's mother Michael isn't Wiley's father, and Nina with help from Valentin promptly sues for custody of Wiley, wins, and then gives him back to Lucas.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

I didn't get to fully watch today's show, but I loved the Nava proposal scene! That was so sweet. I really love these two together. I liked Nik's conversation w/his mom, and I loved Franco's advice to Nava. As he knows, life is short, so if Nikolas makes her happy, go for it! 

Carly sucks, but LW has a nice head of hair! LOL! 

I didn't get to see it all but I loved how Valentin kept making comments and interjecting himself in the situation! The line to Carly about getting w/Jax now that Sonny was dead was epic! 

I hope Cameron doesn't do anything to get himself hurt, but I love how he wants to protect his family. 

And I just knew there would be a picture of little Nelle w/the necklace. Nina should feel bad b/c she screwed Nelle over in that hearing. 

Today seemed pretty decent all around - at least for me. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, lala2 said:

And I just knew there would be a picture of little Nelle w/the necklace. Nina should feel bad b/c she screwed Nelle over in that hearing. 

I can't feel sorry for Nina about this. Nelle was who she was—and frankly, if both women knew the truth, I could see Nelle manipulating Nina and then screwing her over. As Nina said, Nelle was damaged. It's not as if Nina being her mom would change things anytime soon, if ever.

It would actually have been more interesting if Nina had supported Nelle at the hearing and things played out as they did. That way she'd have something more than guilty feelings to deal with. Guilt is a bore. It's pointless. Once again, the show takes the most boring route.

• Love 4
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

Britt's amusement at catching her mother bunking with a boy was pretty cute.  And hey, Scotty got himself an apartment set, good for him!

Did Scott call Britt "Nelle" by mistake when he was pushing her out the door? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

No. He said “Come on, now...” as he ushered her out the door.

This SUCKS!!! SheBeast unrepentant, smug, and continuing to lie!!!🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Laura has such a beautiful smile and laugh. It was good to see it!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Nik put the ring on Ava's right hand, LOL

No he didn’t. Ava took off her current wedding ring and slipped it on her right hand so Nik could put the Cassadine ring on her ring finger.

But when she hugged him, that ring is now on her right hand!

I’m glad I didn’t get my hopes up about today. Nina should have whaled in on SheBeast instead of basically brushing aside any part she had in all this. So SheBeast is off the hook. Also so typical of Show-where loving Italian food or seeing pictures is “proof” of paternity/maternity! Maybe Nina will think about DNA testing.

Seeing the continued massacring of Anna is just so sad. But I won’t be shedding any tears when Heinrik is exposed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, lala2 said:

I didn't get to see it all but I loved how Valentin kept making comments and interjecting himself in the situation! The line to Carly about getting w/Jax now that Sonny was dead was epic! 

The best thing about those scenes, and Valentin in general, is he doesn't giving a flying fuck that Carly slapped him, or yelled at him, or threw him out of her restaurant--he knows he's speaking the truth, so her bullying and accusations are lost on him. 

• Love 8
On 1/29/2021 at 3:24 PM, Thatoneshow said:

I am tired of Liz having to reassure Franco of her love and devotion. She stood by him when he confessed to a crime he didn't commit. At this point he could throw Jake off the pier and she would blame it on the new tumor and stand by her man. 

This is SO TRUE and I HATE it. 

On 1/29/2021 at 4:08 PM, Thatoneshow said:

I went back to watch the scene of Dante being stabbed and I still don't get Jason's conclusion that Dante "sacrificed" himself and Franco's surprise.

Plot point to involve Jaysus in a scene where he doesn't really belong and make it seem like he may be insightful when he actually isn't.  The only reason right now I could possibly see him being concerned about Dante getting attacked is because it could upset Michael (Sonny's not around to care). 

On 1/29/2021 at 5:01 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Thanks for the heads up about Monday, @Bringonthedrama! Though I suspect the SHEBEAST won’t get what she deserves, based on her smug expression throughout all of today’s episode. Then the typical “You need to stop this” go to. No remorse. No guilt. Typical for how Laura Wright plays her. While I’ve always loathed and hated the character, Sarah played her with layers and nuance.

Ahhh, how nice. Hack!Writer! managed to slip in Slut. I know which characters on this show who fits this description, and Alexis isn’t her. 

Carly doesn't do remorse or guilt. Nina is in a place of absorbing info and getting over an initial shock, so I wasn't really expecting her to want to take Carly's head off at this moment. 

The "slut" comment was lazy writing. Shocker.

On 1/29/2021 at 5:26 PM, VioletMarx said:

Has her Carly always been this shrieking banshee?

I assume this is a rhetorical question?

On 1/29/2021 at 6:42 PM, statsgirl said:

Is it going to occur to Nina to do a DNA test on Wylie?

That would be the logical reaction to the "Nelle could have been my daughter" news, so of course the writers don't have Nina react that way.

On 1/29/2021 at 7:46 PM, dubbel zout said:

Sam was there. Why doesn't she tell everyone what happened?

You're thinking Sam would speak in multiple sentences, sound coherent and raise her volume enough to be heard by multiple people?! You MUST lower your expectations, @dubbel zout!!!😉

On 1/30/2021 at 8:53 AM, perkie1968 said:

So it's hilarious to me that Michael, inadvertently, was the one to sink Carly's ship with his completely innocent answers. "Avery told me everthing. She found the necklace at the cabin. Nelle was at the cabin. Nelle was from Florida". As Carly stands there, complete unable to stop the poop from hitting the fan. Loved it all! Also loved Valentin's facial expressions.

That really was hilarious and awesome!!!

On 1/31/2021 at 2:48 PM, dubbel zout said:

I'm sure the writers have completely forgotten all of this, and even if they haven't, think it's so much more interesting to have Olivia go scorched earth on Alexis regardless. Because woman vs. woman over a man is always riveting drama.

Yup. It's very lazy writing. Olivia, it's your husband's fault that your husband got drunk and cheated on you. And Alexis did not chase Dante down the hall with a syringe with the intent to "murder" him.  I rolled my eyes that she's calling Alexis a "murderous bitch" after Sam told her that Alexis was going after Franco and Dante intervened.

5 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

The cold bed was a nice burn though. 😎

It really was!!! And Valentin's comment has truth in it (whether or not he realizes it), which really burns Carly. The last time Carly was "done with Sonny," (after Morgan died/Sonny "cheated" with Nelle), she slept with Jax while he was visiting to tell Joss that Lady Jane had just passed away.  She would go for Jax because Jason had zero interest.

4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
  1.  I KNEW IT!!!!! Fuck Hack!Frank! and his minions!

Eh, I think Carly (and Jax) will face some backlash from Nina after Nina proves Nelle was her daughter.  She was more focused on running off to look for proof today.  Hey genius, instead of digging through Nelle's stuff, maybe go straight for a DNA test of the child you know is Nelle's?!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

No. He said “Come on, now...” as he ushered her out the door.

I thought they'd reshoot something that wrong, heh.

46 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But when she hugged him, that ring is now on her right hand!

I didn't watch the entire proposal—that's the part I did see. But since they made a point of showing the ring, I thought it was odd it was on her right hand.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And hey, Scotty got himself an apartment set, good for him!

Scotty has an affinity for longhorn skulls.   And cow-hide throw pillows.  Who knew?  Nobody, probably, including Scotty.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Typical Carly. I don’t think she’s blind to her own faults, but they’re always justified in her mind, whereas everyone else is a terrible person.

Which would be fine if the show made caveat that Carly is wrong. 

• Love 4

Peter must have the worst lawyers. Why is it so hard to understand that the First Amendment refers to government?  The Invader is a private sector actor and the First Amendment does not apply. What does apply is HIPAA and Peter certainly violated that.

Finally Liesl is talking about hypnosis. That's something that should have been tried long ago. Also the Hearing Voices technique.

Why is everyone so shocked that Dante tried to save Franco? Anna, that's not the definition of a hero, it's also the definition of a good person.

I liked Liz confronting Anna. The narrative has shifted, with Obrecht and Britt becoming the heroes of the story while Anna (who suspects Peter is bad) along with Peter are the villains.

I love the Martin/Valentin/Alexis interactions.

On the other hand, what has DZ done to be paired with Sam?

• Love 7

Cyrus, people can think you're a monster and still love your mother. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. But that doesn't mean Laura can't hold a grudge.

I liked Martin telling Alexis to snap out of it, but she's still too self-pitying. I have a bad feeling that this won't be her rock bottom, and I kind of dread what else the show will put her through. It's not doing anyone any favors.

Ugh, Sam wants to take the kids and run because Alexis is a drunk but her ex being a mob enforcer is just peachy. I cannot.

20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Peter must have the worst lawyers. Why is it so hard to understand that the First Amendment refers to government?  The Invader is a private sector actor and the First Amendment does not apply. What does apply is HIPAA and Peter certainly violated that.

It drives me insane how misinterpreted the First Amendment gets (in IRL too). It's definitely a HIPAA violation, and there's the possibility of libel. But there's nothing whatsoever related to freedom of the press here.

Maxie: "Hey, Dante. I'm not going to wake you. But I'll talk to you in a normal voice anyway."

20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I liked Liz confronting Anna.

I didn't like Elizabeth telling Anna to deal with Peter, but everything after that was good.

Edited by dubbel zout
"here" overuse
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It drives me insane how misinterpreted the First Amendment gets (in IRL too). It's definitely a HIPAA violation, and there's the possibility of libel. But there's nothing whatsoever related to freedom of the press here.

giphy.gif giphy.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, Hater said:

On the other hand, Valetin has chemistry with everyone.

Except for Nina. Puppy dog Valentin is a drip.

24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, Sam wants to take the kids and run because Alexis is a drunk but her ex being a mob enforcer is just peachy. I cannot.

A mother had to draw the line somewhere.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Hater said:

RE Sam and Dante: I think it's very forced and lacking a spark. 

On the other hand, Valetin has chemistry with everyone.

I don’t see it either and both of them are too low energy. They each need someone more lively to bounce off of. He has a better spark with Maxie and it would be a better story if they ever recast Lulu and brought her out of a coma. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t see it either and both of them are too low energy. They each need someone more lively to bounce off of. He has a better spark with Maxie and it would be a better story if they ever recast Lulu and brought her out of a coma. 

I agree.  I am not seeing anything and it's all very out of the blue to me and comes across as particularly forced.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why is everyone so shocked that Dante tried to save Franco? Anna, that's not the definition of a hero, it's also the definition of a good person.

Sure, but considering that Rocco just lost his mother to a coma and someone he viewed as a father figure in Dustin, I would think that Dante would hestitate for a second before putting himself in danger leaving Rocco essentially orphaned.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Sheggy50G said:

This Dante/Sam thing is just no. I am not interested in this any more than I am interested in Jersey Mike. This is ridiculous. I do not want Dante saddled with that bore.

I don't blame you. If I were a Dante fan I wouldn't be too happy about this pairing (seems like it's going there regardless).  Sam is just <ugh>.  She hasn't been likable to me since July of 2017.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
On 2/1/2021 at 4:09 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

This has been this Fakakta's show MO for YEARS now. Why expect anything to change?

Being stuck inside has warped my brain 😪🤣 . Makes me think of Valentin taking over the Q business. Seemed like it would be a big deal but then.....yawn. Michael has a new job, his kid and 2 women so who cares, amirite?

I think I have been underwhelmed by the climax of every story this Nina has been in. Sasha reveal, fake wedding to Valentin, even that nonsense with the Ava article.

I would really like to have a sit down with the writers to understand their thought process with Cyrus. His mother has been held hostage for about a month now and he hasn't really done anything in retaliation. They have to realize that the Cyrus they introduced us to is not the same Cyrus that would sit back and wait for Laura to negotiate with the mob for him. WTF. Are they struggling to find a resolution to this story? Because it is pretty easy for me. Cyrus torches the Corinthos mansion with Carly and Jason inside. Whats worse is that even with the things Cyrus has done to this family, the rivalry still doesn't feel organic. Something is missing (not Sonny).

Peter has an army after him now and I still have no faith anyone will succeed. They will still be looking for evidence to use against him when James goes off to college. Dr O will have to be in graduation picks faking a smile standing next to daddy Peter.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

57 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Sure, but considering that Rocco just lost his mother to a coma and someone he viewed as a father figure in Dustin, I would think that Dante would hestitate for a second before putting himself in danger leaving Rocco essentially orphaned.

I think that it's instinctual, to save someone who is being attacked. Maybe if he thought about it, he would hesitate because it's Franco but all that first responder instinct would kick in before his thought processes did (amygdala >>>frontal cortex).

9 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

I would really like to have a sit down with the writers to understand their thought process with Cyrus. His mother has been held hostage for about a month now and he hasn't really done anything in retaliation. They have to realize that the Cyrus they introduced us to is not the same Cyrus that would sit back and wait for Laura to negotiate with the mob for him. WTF. Are they struggling to find a resolution to this story? Because it is pretty easy for me. Cyrus torches the Corinthos mansion with Carly and Jason inside. Whats worse is that even with the things Cyrus has done to this family, the rivalry still doesn't feel organic. Something is missing (not Sonny).

This is what happens when you plot the story and write to that rather than writing it organically. They introduced Cyrus (big scary mob boss), then wrote the end of the story (Sonny, Carly and Jason win) and the only way to get to that end is to completely declaw Cyrus. He's like a toothless old lion, roaring but no one is frightened. Instead of menacing Laura, he's begging her to help him. I would so support Cyrus torching the Corinthos house. Or even doing anything at all.

You're probably right too that James will be off to college and still nothing would have happened with Peter.😣

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Not only does this possible Sam/Dante pairing have NO chemistry, it's also just plain weird. I mean, Sam and Dante have like a gazillion siblings/relatives between them (Kristina, Molly, Michael, and Leo all come to mind immediately). I've always viewed them as quasi-relatives themselves in light of that.  But hey, soaps gon' soap lol.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I liked Liz confronting Anna. The narrative has shifted, with Obrecht and Britt becoming the heroes of the story while Anna (who suspects Peter is bad) along with Peter are the villains.

I am a Liz fan, and I hated that she was all angry when Franco is not the one Dr. Robinson just had to save from dying. Dante, who is her kids' cousin's Dad and Lucky's former partner, is in fact recovering from being attacked.  Elizabeth has known Dante longer than Franco has even been in her life!!  Elizabeth can express anger about Peter's actions putting a target on Franco's back and possibly endangering her children, but talking like Franco was the one who almost died is crap.

Also, Obrecht is no hero. She is using a guy suffering from PTSD, to take down Peter. Dante had a close call and is in a hospital bed, but she's pressuring him that he "hasn't done enough" and he must do whatever it takes, no matter the cost, to "complete the mission" of taking down Peter. If Dante dies doing her bidding and Rocco is left without a parent, so be it as long as she "is vindicated/free." You would think she'd give a damn about Rocco since her own daughter Britt was once attached to the boy after giving birth to him, but nope. She doesn't care about Dante's life just like she didn't care about Robin's life and has shown zero remorse for the hell Robin endured while she was a prisoner or that little Emma lost time with her mother.  Obrecht is just like Peter in that she is selfish to the core. 

Britt is showing she has some brains and spine, but she is far from showing herself to be a hero at this point.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

You are not the only one who had that reaction. I really wish Dante had actually responded, bringing up that obviously glaring contradiction about danger. The Floating Rib didn't explode because Alexis was inside or is an alcoholic. 

3 hours ago, Sheggy50G said:

This Dante/Sam thing is just no.

Same here.  She's had affairs with his father, his uncle, and his former brother-in-law.

1 hour ago, teenj12 said:

Not only does this possible Sam/Dante pairing have NO chemistry, it's also just plain weird. I mean, Sam and Dante have like a gazillion siblings/relatives between them (Kristina, Molly, Michael, and Leo all come to mind immediately). I've always viewed them as quasi-relatives themselves in light of that.  But hey, soaps gon' soap lol.

Sam gave birth to Dante's second little sister thanks to her affair with Sonny, but baby Lila was stillborn.  So Sam is one of his father's baby mamas, in addition to them having mutual sister Kristina, mutual brother Leo, and her sister Molly is his cousin.

Re: Peter, I wish someone would point out to Maxie that Lulu's nephews could get hurt just by being next to Franco if someone tries to kill him. Or, at best, they're likely to get bullied (again) at school. 

• Love 7