Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

This show is disgusting. Sonny should be off this show. Decades of murder and never goes to jail. 
Willows fixation on drew and drew wanting her. Drew sleeping with mother and daughter. I hope she doesn’t get pregnant with Drew’s kid.

where is Leisl? She’s the one who donated the bone marrow

• Like 13
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, threebluestars said:

I desperately want someone to point out to Willow that her hero worship of Drew is a direct result of her growing up in a sex cult with an older, charismatic man at the helm. It would be an interesting story for her to actually realize that her past affects her decisions now.

Drew doesn't have charisma. He just pretends he has charisma by moving his hands around.

• Like 5
  • LOL 14
(edited)
14 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, one more thing: the absolute gaslighting of the writers with Sonny's line about how Jagger had unjustly been out to get him because of Karen.  Like, do fuck off with that bit of nonsense.  

Agreed.  Cates has every reason in the world to never forgive Sonny for his abusive treatment of Karen.  The fact that Sonny acts like Cates is out of line is appalling.

11 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I wonder if Anna will dance on Jagger's grave. 

But Anna has been a total nightmare, getting in Jagger's way over Pikeman from the very beginning. This is a guy who was a friend of her daughter's to boot.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

My first post messed up so I need to make a second reply.  I think Anna will be horrified at Cates death--she may have disagreed with him on how the Pikeman/Jason situation was handled but she didn't want him killed.  I hope she's the one that arrests Sonny for Cates murder.

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

My first post messed up so I need to make a second reply.  I think Anna will be horrified at Cates death--she may have disagreed with him on how the Pikeman/Jason situation was handled but she didn't want him killed.  I hope she's the one that arrests Sonny for Cates murder.

I don’t think the writers will go there. I thing Cates’ body will be disposed of, probably by Jason, never to be seen or heard from again. Sonny will not be seen badly on this show.

We either get with the program (I don’t think I will) or stop watching.

I did stop watching for many years after Ava killed Kate (loved Kate) but my life isn’t as full now and I do really enjoy the community aspect so I’m quite annoyed with the show right now.

• Like 8
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 1

Once it's revealed that Cates was going to have Ava murdered, and was blackmailing that other lady, and I'm sure other crimes they will say he was perpetrating, everyone will throw a parade for Sonnny or at least be glad John is dead. Ana will pontificate some wistful bullshit about how John doomed himself with his need for vengeance. She will put the file in her drawer next to the file about Sonny trying to kill Cyrus and Sonny beating Dex and be done with it. 

Carly to St. Peter at the pearly gates: "...but, all that stuff happened in the past! I've moved on, why can't you?!"

• Like 7
  • LOL 9

this is just so stupid.

Cates wants to show the world how dirty/criminal Sonny is, so he's going to be have someone murdered  to have a false account on record to have that happen? like in what world does that make sense to anyone in that writing room?  like if you're going to have Sonny blatantly kill a cop have the guts to make them kill a completely innocent one. because you all know how this is gonna be twisted as. "Cates was corrupt so who cares."

• Like 5
(edited)

I’m kind of surprised they didn’t go with a “Who killed Cates?” mystery and instead had Sonny straight up shoot him dead. Of course, they had Cates go to an unsecured location with no backup to arrest Sonny. I’m sure FBI agents aren’t normally that stupid

My feeling on Friday’s episode was that Ava was going to run for it and disappear after the accident. But now I think it’s likely Ava will go find Sonny for protection, see that he shot Cates and tell Sonny what happened with her. Then she’ll go to the cops to tell them Cates was planning to have her killed and all the lies he prepped her with before. Anna will decide Sonny shot him in self defense or something and declare the shooting self defense and Ava will come clean about Kristina’s fall and say that Cates pressured her to lie

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 5
  • Angry 1
  • Useful 1

I highly doubt they'll let it stand that Sonny killed a federal agent in cold blood. There will be some other bullshit explanation, or he'll get killed later.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I highly doubt they'll let it stand that Sonny killed a federal agent in cold blood. There will be some other bullshit explanation, or he'll get killed later.

It seems pretty straightforward that Sonny shot Cates two times, but it will be interesting to see how they frame it going forward. It could be Sonny was going to shoot Cates but Kristina shot him instead, then Sonny shot him to make it seem like he killed him to cover up that Kristina did it

(edited)
2 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

I’m wondering what kind of security the Q’s have around their properties. Would there be a security camera that might catch Sonny shooting Cates?

They don't even need that.  Can't Spinelli pound on his keyboard for 30 seconds, find a camera at the intersection outside the estate, bang on the keyboard some more, enhance it, and...oh, most regrettable.  He'll have to text Stone Cold to tell him what to do, which will no doubt be 'erase the footage.'

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 1
  • LOL 11
17 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

What if it’s a dream/ nightmare on someone’s part? 

* Just spittballing *

I've been thinking the same thing.  Even these writers aren't stupid enough to think the audience (less the most diehard Sonny stans) would put up with this.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

The fact that Sonny acts like Cates is out of line is appalling.

That's entirely in character for Sonny. He always thinks he should be immediately forgiven for his terrible behavior. For all the show screws up, they keep this trait consistent.

• Like 8

I don’t know what will annoy me more, that the writers would’ve given us a dream cliffhanger on the eve of 3-day no show weekend or that they didn’t.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Desperado said:

I don’t think the writers will go there. I thing Cates’ body will be disposed of, probably by Jason, never to be seen or heard from again. Sonny will not be seen badly on this show.

I could see this, except it seems to me that an FBI agent doesn't just disappear without any investigation being done. AND Cates made it really clear that he was going to arrest Sonny (strangely, at Sonny's leisure and in a place that Sonny chose), so that would be an obvious starting point. Did Cates have a cell phone, for example? You'd think that the FBI could at least find out where he went. Of course, Sonny will say that he was hanging about waiting for Cates to arrest him, but Cates never showed, and everyone will believe him, because why would he lie, being such an upstanding person and all.

• Like 5

Ugh, I'm just so annoyed by the ruination of Jagger.  Adam Harrington in the role is what drew me back in to this show. Once they started writing him as stupid, unhinged, and involved with Ava, I couldn't stomach to watch his scenes anymore.  I just don't understand the repetition of Sonny must win every damn time.  

There was a way to start over fresh with Jagger and pull him back from going rogue crazy.  Have Karen appear to him in a dream to talk some sense into him and remind him he doesn't need to avenge her by ruining his career.  He could then take a leave of absence from the FBI or quit. Have him decide he wants to be the good member of law enforcement that he was for many years.  Make him the good person we know from his character history. He could then join the PCPD.  Give him scenes with Mac. Put him Dante's orbit where they can spend several months working together and eventually they become good friends (which infuriates Sonny).  The show needs more friendships.   

Get him into counselling with Kevin so we can have scenes where he works through his grief and guilt about Stone and Karen. Have Lois be there for support which creates a problem between her and Sonny.  Maybe Lois and Jagger even develop feelings for each other (I don't love Lois, but the characters go way back).  Put Scotty in the role of father-figure to Jagger. Give Scotty something to do other than being a buffoon. Create a family-by-choice with Scotty, Jagger, and Elizabeth. Maybe even build up a triangle with Lois-Jagger-Elizabeth.   I want to see scenes with characters in this age group who can actually act. I want to see more familial connections and relationships among characters not named Corinthos. 

There were options other than the "law enforcement is wrong for trying to bring Sonny to justice, but Sonny will never lose" storytelling that has been going on for 30 years. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 8
  • Love 5
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I don’t know what will annoy me more, that the writers would’ve given us a dream cliffhanger on the eve of 3-day no show weekend or that they didn’t.

Unless they intend on extending the dream sequence to include what Chase said, I don’t think it’s a dream sequence. In the previews, Chase says “there’s been a shooting” so for me, that tells me Mooby actually killed Jagger.

We know he won’t pay, but in that moment-Jagger wasn’t armed and he’s a FEDERAL AGENT.

18 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Did Cates have a cell phone, for example

Yes. He answered it when at the PCPD, Mooby was calling him to set up the meet.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 4
51 minutes ago, norahs99 said:

Even these writers aren't stupid enough to think the audience (less the most diehard Sonny stans) would put up with this.

Pop on over to Twitter. They’re CHEERING that Sonny did what had to be done. One even said when he shot Jagger the second time, ‘yeah! Finish the job!’ 🤨

• Sad 6
  • Angry 8
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That's entirely in character for Sonny. He always thinks he should be immediately forgiven for his terrible behavior. For all the show screws up, they keep this trait consistent.

Something he has in common with Carly.

10 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

This is inexcusable to me. Yes Cates had gone full Javert. But he is still a fed, Stone's brother, a father and a friend of Robin. I don't see how this even fits in Sonny's BS "code."

Is that why Carly kept talking about that Cates should get back to his (adult) son, to emphasize even more what a terrible person he is and deserved Sonny shooting him in cold blood.

4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I think Anna will be horrified at Cates death--she may have disagreed with him on how the Pikeman/Jason situation was handled but she didn't want him killed.  I hope she's the one that arrests Sonny for Cates murder.

It will be interesting to find out.

I see the show really doubling down on the past -- Lucky returning, Lulu maybe reuniting with Dante, Lois back to prop Sonny, and most of all, the three, Sonny/Carly/Jason, saints of the show who even if they do wrong (and it's very rare), it never lasts more than 5 minutes till they are forgiven.

Where is the Anna of yesteryear?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
19 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Oh it was straight up murder. Although given Jagger's deranged state, Kristina was in perpetual danger.

Hasn't she been only been dealing with this for a few months? Could this situation been resolved with a call or visit from Robin to talk Jagger down? If your answer is "yes" to either of them, then no, Jagger didn't have it coming, not yet at least. 

Of course, Sonny doesn't care that Jagger still had a special needs son or that he was Stone's brother. I know he doesn't give a shit about Stone judging by all the bastard kids he had from one night stands when Stone contracted HIV through sex.

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They don't even need that.  Can't Spinelli pound on my keyboard for 30 seconds, find a camera at the intersection outside the estate, bang on the keyboard some more, enhance it, and...oh, most regrettable.  He'll have to text Stone Cold to tell him what to do, which will no doubt be 'erase the footage.'

Spinelli will never turn on Sonny, because Sonny and Jason are the Siamese twins from the Hellraiser film series and he has a pathetic man crush on Jason. Since the show did bring Carly paying off Brook Lynn to ruin his life, maybe he can figure out that Spinelli supplied the info about Dante being undercover and he punches him in the face. 

15 hours ago, threebluestars said:

I desperately want someone to point out to Willow that her hero worship of Drew is a direct result of her growing up in a sex cult with an older, charismatic man at the helm. It would be an interesting story for her to actually realize that her past affects her decisions now.

But there's no hope for this with these writers.

Lucky's return is not interesting to me and I was really looking forward to having him back. He has yet to have a SINGLE SCENE with a regular character. COME ON.

I hope Laura packed The Bag to go rescue Lucky.

They never addressed Liz's on issues with being a SA survivor and even let Franco hijack her storyline dealing with the release of her r*pist, so don't hold your breath. 

15 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

I hope Micheal does make Drew and Willows lifes hell. Reap what they sow 

I kind of do too, but I hope this time around it backfires if Willow, becomes crazy and Liesl comes after him. 

10 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

I never really gave a crap about OG Jagger so I'm not offended by his treatment as a legacy character. But I really liked Adam Herrington in the part and enjoyed his truth telling righteousness. I am baffled by this story decision to have Sonny murder a federal agent in cold blood. 

Sonny has of course done this before. But at least with AJ, Ava was egging him on. And with Dante, he lived and Sonny felt bad about for a second.

This is inexcusable to me. Yes Cates had gone full Javert. But he is still a fed, Stone's brother, a father and a friend of Robin. I don't see how this even fits in Sonny's BS "code."

Like from a writing perspective I just don't get it. And as a fellow BPD haver, can't say I love the message that as soon as he's properly medicated again he shoots a cop. Gross.

I care if characters are written out of character whether I liked them or not, because they do have their fans. And at least with Cates, he had a far better reason to go after Sonny than Javert, since not only did Sonny sex traffic Karen, but he put out a hit on both her and Jagger when they were young. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
53 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

it seems to me that an FBI agent doesn't just disappear without any investigation being done

They've laid the groundwork that Wagger is on the outs with the FBI. The US attorney who kept getting dragged into court only to be shot down by the judge certainly isn't a fan, and given how this show treats law enforcement, I will be sadly unsurprised if there is little to no interest from the FBI in Wagger's death. Anna certainly won't go above and beyond to investigate, and there's no reason for Brennan and the WSB to get involved.

So it will be TFGH, with Sonny again getting away with (this time, literal) murder and no one caring.

• Like 4
  • Angry 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

Cates wants to show the world how dirty/criminal Sonny is, so he's going to be have someone murdered  to have a false account on record to have that happen?

I bet Jason dons his superhero t-shirt and rescues Ava from that agent or "agent."

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

They've laid the groundwork that Wagger is on the outs with the FBI. The US attorney who kept getting dragged into court only to be shot down by the judge certainly isn't a fan, and given how this show treats law enforcement, I will be sadly unsurprised if there is little to no interest from the FBI in Wagger's death. Anna certainly won't go above and beyond to investigate, and there's no reason for Brennan and the WSB to get involved.

I can see this point, although just because an agent was a PITA is no reason to let his disappearance go uninvestigated. I would say, probably it would be more important because if he's that difficult, he may have taken secret info or other valuable data with him to give or sell to the bad guys. So, you'd think the FBI would want to know for certain what happened, and maybe even arrest him if needed.  That's the way I imagine things work IRL, but in the topsy turvy world of GH, they might just think, "Good riddance". 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Oh, my.  Still trying to calculate exactly how many IQ points I lost by watching these past two episodes.  Apparently enough to get me to watch another one next week.  Talk about a law of diminishing returns.

Apologies to AH for the show having given him little to do besides sneer and twirl his virtual mustache for the past month or two.  And apologies to the character of Jagger, so gratuitously maligned.  In all of the time Sonny has been on the show, the one redeeming storyline was about his caring for Stone, and now that's tainted. 

Lucky's new doctor friend flew into Port Charles, yet is walking on a roadway far enough away from Port Charles that Ava can tell they're heading to the pine barrens?  

I wasn't watching during the Carly-funded Brook Lynn seduction of Dante, so I don't know anything about it, and would like to keep it that way.  

For me, one of the few bright lights of recent weeks has been DZ's performance.  From the time we saw his visit to Lulu interrupted by Laura, even before the cirrhosis diagnosis, I don't think he's missed an emotional beat.  There's a restrained sense of grief and guilt and concern for Rocco, as well as a sense that he doesn't really know if he is entitled to be feeling any those things.  There's also a little undercurrent of something darker brewing, and I hope the writers don't ruin a good thing by sending Dante down that road.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
36 minutes ago, JMO said:

I wasn't watching during the Carly-funded Brook Lynn seduction of Dante, so I don't know anything about it, and would like to keep it that way.  

You won't see flashbacks, and I doubt they'll dwell on this point anymore, because OG Brooklynn and JMB's Lulu played that gross storyline. I'm glad Dante threw it in Carly's face because it's good that he knows/remembers she really doesn't care about Lulu and she's never really gotten over resenting Dante for replacing her son Michael as Sonny's first born.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Sonny and Carly logic: “Yeah he got an underage girl addicted to pills and put her on a stripper pole but that was a long time ago and I thought we’d all moved past that and surely he wouldn’t do that now!” 

Me: Yeah because every under 30 female on canvas with the exception of Trina is related to him by blood, marriage, or is the kid of one of his employees. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Unless they intend on extending the dream sequence to include what Chase said, I don’t think it’s a dream sequence. In the previews, Chase says “there’s been a shooting” so for me, that tells me Mooby actually killed Jagger.

I think that there can still be a shooting even if this one was a dream sequence. If it was a dream sequence, I think that Sonny and Jason had a plan. Jason is lurking, and Sonny will have an initial confrontation with Jagger. Jagger will pull a gun on Sonny, and Jason will be right there to pull a gun on him. Maybe Kristina even makes it there by that time. May as well fully ruin Jagger by having him turn the gun towards Kristina so that someone has to shoot him to protect her. And then all of what he was planning with Ava will come out, and everyone in town will just "eh, good riddance" the whole thing. 

Am I the only one who caught the Dante/BLQ anvils?  Between her initially looking a little afraid when Violet asked when she and Chase were going to have a baby, and then Dante's comment about the two of them having a whole other lifetime that Carly knows nothing about, is there any chance at all that they don't have a kid together?  Gio, maybe? 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)

So they killed Jagger. Of course they did.

image.gif.4ff4311fff35f3e23e20d7f740999753.gif

On 8/30/2024 at 2:41 PM, tessaray said:

Am I supposed to be cheering for this?

I don't know what world TIIC live in that they obviously think we will be cheering this on, but it's so fucking twisted. Honestly, wtf is wrong with them?

23 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

What if it’s a dream/ nightmare on someone’s part? 

It is. The audience's.

22 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

No DID for characters we watched grow up. It comes from prolonged childhood absue. I'm still mad about Jess/Tess and this would enrage me just as much.

Same here, that still offends me whenever I think about OLTL. And as someone who witnessed KMansi's attempt at playing DID on Days, I really really hope Show doesn't go there. *shudders*

19 hours ago, threebluestars said:

If they'd have her recognize and address this, as well as acknowledge how she glommed on to Wiley rather than grieve the death of her own son, it would be a really interesting look at the depths of trauma that cults inflict. But we can't have interesting things, because this is GH. Though her therapy sessions could pay for a pretty extensive remodel on Kevin and Laura's Tardis-like apartment.

10 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Drew doesn't have charisma. He just pretends he has charisma by moving his hands around.

Jazz hands=charisma. But it's still more than Michael has to offer.

10 hours ago, ljr said:

This show is disgusting.

Yes, it is.

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
10 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:
10 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Jazz hands=charisma. But it's still more than Michael has to offer.

Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts have more than Michael has to offer.

• Like 1
  • LOL 16
20 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Am I the only one who caught the Dante/BLQ anvils?  Between her initially looking a little afraid when Violet asked when she and Chase were going to have a baby, and then Dante's comment about the two of them having a whole other lifetime that Carly knows nothing about, is there any chance at all that they don't have a kid together?  Gio, maybe? 

That's what I am starting to think. They are talking about that minor story point an awful lot.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
42 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Definitely an anvil, and definitely a kid, whether Gio or not.  These writers are not familiar with the concept of subtlety.  

We were also told, multiple times, that Sonny is back to his normal self, without any residual effect of the low dose meds.  Not sure if that was to eliminate an insanity defense or for some other reason, but it came across as purposeful.

I was wondering if the new doctor would have some sort of field technique that might save Jagger, but I guess not, since he may need a surgeon himself.

The Lucky story is doing a grand total of nothing for me, so far. And yes, I'm icked out by the hair.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

and then Dante's comment about the two of them having a whole other lifetime that Carly knows nothing about, is there any chance at all that they don't have a kid together?  Gio, maybe? 

6 minutes ago, JMO said:

Definitely an anvil, and definitely a kid, whether Gio or not.  These writers are not familiar with the concept of subtlety

No. JUST FUCKING NO. Nothing happened back then for Dante and Brook Lynn to have a sekrit and that anvilicious line. Which, again tells me, it’s ANOTHER FUCKING RETCON.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

42 minutes ago, JMO said:

Definitely an anvil, and definitely a kid, whether Gio or not.  These writers are not familiar with the concept of subtlety.   

32 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No. JUST FUCKING NO. Nothing happened back then for Dante and Brook Lynn to have a sekrit and that anvilicious line. Which, again tells me, it’s ANOTHER FUCKING RETCON.

It seems like BLQ had a baby when she was young, but not Gio. There's been way too much emphasis on how he's a great violinist like his mother who died young, and also BLQ never looks anything but comfortable and happy around Gio, which would not be the case if she's worried about him figuring out they're mother and son or worried about anyone figuring it out.  It also seems likely Dex and Gio are going to be related or at least connected in some way (Gio's father died overseas and multiple references to Dex serving overseas). 

I will call bullshit if it turns out BLQ once got pregnant by Dante. I think it's more likely he knew about her pregnancy, who the father was, and as her friend helped her give it up for adoption at a time she wanted to pursue a singing career. 

• Like 4

It’ll probably be a big nothingburger. Remember when Dante was supposed to have some secret sordid past with Brenda and it turned out he was like her security detail one time for a movie premiere or something? 

• Like 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, sashabear21 said:

It’ll probably be a big nothingburger. Remember when Dante was supposed to have some secret sordid past with Brenda and it turned out he was like her security detail one time for a movie premiere or something? 

Yes. They were planning to have it be that she had slept with him during that detail. I don’t remember if they scotched that due to fan outrage (back then that had effect, such as the unfiring of Becky) or what, but it didn’t happen.

But today? With Frank and the current writers? Unless you’re Burton, Bernard, or Wright, any vet or character not created by Frank can be destroyed/annihilated/massacred.

See: Taggert, Anna, and now Jagger.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 11
  • Angry 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, sashabear21 said:

I think it was because Dominic Zamprogna and Vanessa Marcil fought against them having a secret love child or affair or something. 

Editted: @GHScorpiosRulebeat me too it.

Also, don't forget characters ruined: Johnny Zacharra, Paul Hornsby. It is happening to TJ Ashford right now.  I'd argue Morgan Corinthos too. He was a really charming kid during the first SORASing.   There are probably others I can't think off right now. Surprised nothing bad happened to Dillion Quartermaine. That is why I'm never happy when old favs return.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
(edited)

The story I always heard is that Vanessa, not Maurice (though he might also have been against it) vetoed Brenda having had an affair or child with Dante. Hence Alec became the child of the Balkan's son. She also pushed them hard to refocus on Sonny and Brenda vs. Dante, Jason, etc. and finally getting them married. She had that pull at that time. She was right to do it IMO.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
13 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It also seems likely Dex and Gio are going to be related or at least connected in some way (Gio's father died overseas and multiple references to Dex serving overseas). 

Didn’t the family meet Gio’s father? Lois always speaks of him as someone they knew personally.And Dex is n his late 20s/early 30s, he’s far too young to be Gio’s father. I just think it’s a red herring.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

There are probably others I can't think off right now

Kate Howard/Connie Falconari. Thst was a major disaster. Why did she have to have DID? Why couldn’t she simply have wanted to remake herself and shed the Bensonhurst upbringing? 

• Like 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Also, don't forget characters ruined: Johnny Zacharra, Paul Hornsby. It is happening to TJ Ashford right now.  I'd argue Morgan Corinthos too. He was a really charming kid during the first SORASing.   There are probably others I can't think off right now. Surprised nothing bad happened to Dillion Quartermaine. That is why I'm never happy when old favs return.

I suspect that Morgan caught them as much by surprise as he caught us. They lucked into a very strong child actor, Aaron Refvem, for a year or so there. They saw how well he did and how the audience responded, so they gave him a real story with "Dominic" (Dante). Morgan just knew him as dad's new employee whom he really liked, and they were actually half brothers.  He didn't have to pretend to talk with a speech impediment and do the 2009 boy equivalent of constantly asking people to come to his tea parties. (Action figures?) 

The subsequent Morgan child actor was more typical for a soap kid, so the character's air time dropped steeply until the write-out (military school). Then the next round of SORAS made him a young adult.  

I did think there was a big difference between Scott Clifton's Dillon and Robert Palmer Watkins's, but I guess you're right that they didn't really "ruin" him. He was more of a standard young soap hunk as played by RPW, less quirky, but they did keep his interests and goals consistent.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Didn’t the family meet Gio’s father? Lois always speaks of him as someone they knew personally.And Dex is n his late 20s/early 30s, he’s far too young to be Gio’s father. I just think it’s a red herring.

No. He told Dex the piece of wood that his father died while fighting in one of the wars or something. And just last week Piece of Wood told Molly his father was an abusive piece of shit, but his mom stayed with him. And he left. So I don’t know how they will be related.  Considering how Show continues to write the characters they think live in Bensonhurst.

• Like 3
(edited)

Watkins was a test pattern to me. If I was EP and I could lure Scott Clifton away from B&B to come back as Dillon I would. But as others have long theorized I think he can't resist the steady and dependable Bell paycheck. GH is a much more fickle ship, at least for someone like SC who has successfully maneuvered his way into the small core of B&B performers who they don't constantly let go.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 5

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but I rolled my eyes at Kristina, who had major abdominal surgery what, two, three weeks ago, lift a heavy metal gun safe. [Insert Sure, Jan meme] 

• Like 8
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ASpring1900 said:

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but I rolled my eyes at Kristina, who had major abdominal surgery what, two, three weeks ago, lift a heavy metal gun safe. [Insert Sure, Jan meme] 

Meh. It’s not like she was lifting it off the floor. It was in the top drawer of a desk and she moved it to the top of the desk. Not out of the realm of possibility. 

I found it more unbelievable that she knew the combination to the safe. I’m quite sure Sonny neither shared it nor ever took the gun out/put it back in her presence.

Edited by Sake614
  • Like 6