Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I saw some others say that as well but I don’t get the argument that the baby’s death is Kristina’s fault. Pregnant women on this show have placed themselves in way more potentially dangerous situations than she did with Ava and didn’t get blamed for harming their baby. It’s not like she instigated a fight with Ava, she tripped and fell out of a flimsy window. Now if you want to be team Molly because Kristina was planning to keep the baby, I get it. Kristina claiming that her relationship with Blaze was so much more stable than Molly and TJ’s after they had 1 fight came off like she was looking for a reason to keep the baby. As much as I was side eyeing TJ, while he didn’t want Kristina around the kid, he didn’t have concerns about coparenting with Molly. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

I’d prefer Molly target Alexis with some of her anger, especially about her knowing Kristina wanting to keep the baby.

I think Alexis was smart not to mention it. It's something for the sisters to work out. I think she's done a decent job of staying neutral in a very fraught situation.

12 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Lol at Ric saying it was good thing he showed up because he found Molly outside in tears and alone. 🙄 Umm when is the last time you were there for her? Alexis has been there non-stop. And sometimes people need a minute to themselves in these situations. Geez. I mean they may keep in touch all the time off screen, but still. 

That was in response to Alexis's sniping that it was good of him to show up at the last minute. I was a bit surprised their first exchange was on the hostile side, but I guess the show is setting up conflict between them. Will Ric take over from Scott as Ava's lawyer? It would stick it to a lot of people Ric hates.

11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

For all that they considered the baby theirs, Kristina was closer to the actual baby than either Molly or TJ.

But that's not Molly or TJ's fault. Neither of them can physically carry a baby, so they'll never have that kind of closeness. Kristina was a bit insensitive when she went on about knowing every kick, what food she ate that the baby liked, etc.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I saw some others say that as well but I don’t get the argument that the baby’s death is Kristina’s fault. Pregnant women on this show have placed themselves in way more potentially dangerous situations than she did with Ava and didn’t get blamed for harming their baby. It’s not like she instigated a fight with Ava, she tripped and fell out of a flimsy window. Now if you want to be team Molly because Kristina was planning to keep the baby, I get it. Kristina claiming that her relationship with Blaze was so much more stable than Molly and TJ’s after they had 1 fight came off like she was looking for a reason to keep the baby. As much as I was side eyeing TJ, while he didn’t want Kristina around the kid, he didn’t have concerns about coparenting with Molly. 

After seeing Brick's surveillance picture of angry Kristina with her finger pointing accusingly in Ava's face and remembering what Ava said to her, Kristina appears to believe that Kristina did barge into Ava's hotel room and instigate the fight. This is after TJ's been finding fault with Kristina for 'not putting the baby first' since soon after confirmation that Kristina was pregnant. Molly has been living daily with, and absorbing, TJ's attitude toward Kristina for almost 9 months now. 

I think Kristina considering or wanting to keep the baby is at least partly because of TJ's behavior.  Once Molly shared a few details of the fight, Kristina was worried about TJ's actions in the future and how that would impact their family. He clearly doesn't want/approve of Molly and Kristina having a close relationship because he considers Kristina to be bad news. He wanted the baby away from Kristina as soon as s/he was born. He also clearly (IMO) expects Molly to fall in line with his thoughts, actions, etc. I don't think it's crazy of her to be concerned that he would take the baby and leave Molly because he decides she's not a good parent for being out somewhere with the baby and Kristina, especially if it's an event where Sonny is likely to be present. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

Does TJ remember what kind of person his bio father is? 
Doesn’t TJ know that Ric Lansing is Sonny’s half brother and not exactly a pillar of society? 
Yet Kristina is scum? 🤔

• Like 7
  • Applause 5

I will probably need some correcting here. but was Kristina trying to "take" the baby for months? or was it more of the closer to her due date - the more "maternal" she was (which is usually nesting) and she wasn't liking TJ's attitude? 

like everyone is just leaping onto "KRISTINA WANTED TO STEAL THE BABY." without taking into account her hormones etc. (and now her hormones are completely haywire because she lost the baby etc). I don't even think Alexis was going to entertain the whole petition thing (i hope) because she kept wanting to be switzerland right?

• Like 8
24 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I will probably need some correcting here. but was Kristina trying to "take" the baby for months? or was it more of the closer to her due date - the more "maternal" she was (which is usually nesting) and she wasn't liking TJ's attitude? 

No, she had papers drawn up to keep the baby-so that TJ wouldn't have custody. So if he and Molly broke up, Molly would have access to the baby; and she also was telling Alexis that she and Blaze would be better parents, when Blaze had already told her she wasn't ready to have a child or raise one.

• Like 7

Kristina was waffling on giving up the baby and her worry about Molly and TJ's relationship issues was a bit disingenuous, though probably more self deception than consciously deciding it was her baby and she wasn't going to give it up without a struggle. And a good deal of that was caused by TJ's controlling and outright jerkish behavior towards Kristina (and Molly). I do think that aspect was well-scripted.

The main problem is that the whole surrogacy situation was stupid from the beginning and obviously designed for artificial conflict between the sisters and none of it was even good tv. And the secondary story with Ava, Cates and Sonny is a massive fail. It's been awful to sit through. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No, she had papers drawn up to keep the baby-so that TJ wouldn't have custody. So if he and Molly broke up, Molly would have access to the baby; and she also was telling Alexis that she and Blaze would be better parents, when Blaze had already told her she wasn't ready to have a child or raise one.

and

10 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Kristina was waffling on giving up the baby and her worry about Molly and TJ's relationship issues was a bit disingenuous, though probably more self deception than consciously deciding it was her baby and she wasn't going to give it up without a struggle. And a good deal of that was caused by TJ's controlling and outright jerkish behavior towards Kristina (and Molly). I do think that aspect was well-scripted.

thank you!!

So Kristina's waffling was her wanting to keep the baby a bit. but then was more of TJ/Molly breaking up. (her saying that she was gonna name the baby Adella kinda makes her not sympathetic lol).  but basically her end goal was basically try to cut TJ out of it [due to how she was being treated and molly as well], and then somehow get Molly the baby. but it's probably going to snowball out of control now

• Like 6
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

But that's not Molly or TJ's fault. Neither of them can physically carry a baby, so they'll never have that kind of closeness. Kristina was a bit insensitive when she went on about knowing every kick, what food she ate that the baby liked, etc.

No, they won't. At the same time, there was very little effort on their end to get to know that baby while Kristina was pregnant. Did they even feel her kick? Did they ask Kristina questions about when the baby was the most active and things like that? It always seemed like they were too busy dunking on Kristina, being angry at her to want to be part of the pregnancy. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Daisy said:

and

thank you!!

So Kristina's waffling was her wanting to keep the baby a bit. but then was more of TJ/Molly breaking up. (her saying that she was gonna name the baby Adella kinda makes her not sympathetic lol).  but basically her end goal was basically try to cut TJ out of it [due to how she was being treated and molly as well], and then somehow get Molly the baby. but it's probably going to snowball out of control now

I wouldn't say she wanted to cut TJ out completely but more wanted to make sure the Davis side would always have primary custody. And we saw that TJ already wanted to cut Kristina out of the baby's life and wasn't shy about saying it to Molly.

I must have been on the barge because I'm not sure where TJ's antipathy towards Kristina came from. (Maybe they wanted to avoid the cliche where TJ and Kristina would bond, leaving Molly on the outside?)

Edited by tessaray
  • Like 3

I’m sure this SL was subject to rewrites due to all the writer changes but Kristina said this week that her intention was to keep the baby and allow Molly visitation rights 

• Like 5
(edited)

In the hospital scenes, Kristina has pretty much claimed the baby as her own.  She used the "domestic partner strife" as an excuse, to tell herself she was doing the right thing in keeping the baby.  There's no way she would have handed the baby over, had it lived. 

eta.  It was a lie she was telling herself.

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 13
10 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’m sure this SL was subject to rewrites due to all the writer changes but Kristina said this week that her intention was to keep the baby and allow Molly visitation rights 

thanks

1 minute ago, ciarra said:

In the hospital scenes, Kristina has pretty much claimed the baby as her own.  She used the "domestic partner strife" as an excuse, to tell herself she was doing the right thing in keeping the baby.  There's no way she would have handed the baby over, had it lived. 

thanks again

yeah so with all that clarification it was her being... well Kristina. so she's going to be due the ire coming her way. Alexis might not have the luxury of being switzerland anymore.

• Like 4
59 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

there was very little effort on their end to get to know that baby while Kristina was pregnant.

For some reason, the show refused to write any scenes of this. Molly and TJ had supposedly started thinking of names, but we didn't learn this until after the baby died. And they apparently had a nursery set up, but ditto.

Maybe the show didn't write these scenes because they thought it would undercut what's happening now? 

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, Daisy said:

thanks

thanks again

yeah so with all that clarification it was her being... well Kristina. so she's going to be due the ire coming her way. Alexis might not have the luxury of being switzerland anymore.

I don’t think that’s fair.  Kristina entered into the surrogacy agreement in good faith.  Alexis tried to warn her that she couldn’t understand what she’d feel about the baby but Kristina (and Molly) shrugged her off.  And, like predicted, her maternal feelings took over.  

• Like 11
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I don’t think that’s fair.  Kristina entered into the surrogacy agreement in good faith.  Alexis tried to warn her that she couldn’t understand what she’d feel about the baby but Kristina (and Molly) shrugged her off.  And, like predicted, her maternal feelings took over.  

Yes, exactly. When I said Kristina was waffling, it was between honoring the intention of having the baby for Molly and the growing parental love she was feeling for it. Molly and TJ fighting was the excuse she needed. 

• Like 6

If there was little effort of TJ and Molly trying to get to know the baby, there was equally little effort of Kristina accommodating that. We never saw her ask them if they wanted to feel the baby kick, etc.

The writing for everyone has been abysmal.

• Like 10
(edited)

Very surprising to see Morgan Fairchild’s Home and Hearth character tell off a caller for being rude to Lois about her accent

And Molly is off her rocker yelling at Kristina at the cemetery about the baby’s death

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 5
5 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Kristina claiming that her relationship with Blaze was so much more stable than Molly and TJ’s after they had 1 fight came off like she was looking for a reason to keep the baby.

Ok I haven’t watched for a while but what the what??  TJ and Mollybhave been together since they were practically children and Kristina and Blaze were together for like five minutes.  (Since I haven’t been watching I don’t even know…were they actually even together, like as a couple?)

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ric saying it was good thing he showed up because he found Molly outside in tears and alone. 🙄 Umm when is the last time you were there for her? Alexis has been there non-stop. And sometimes people need a minute to themselves in these situations. Geez. I mean they may keep in touch all the time off screen, but still. 

I put this in the same category as when you’re playing with your kids non stop then pause to check your phone for a few minutes and Bam, you’re a bad mom.  No context at all.  Shut up Ric.

• Like 2
(edited)
22 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Pretty sure it's a rhetorical question, but just in case, yes, yes. They are all unhinged.

To be fair, it looks like Jordan is basically quoting Molly. She put Kristina and their mother on full blast, taking the petition out of her purse and screaming about how Alexis always sticks up for Kristina and was helping her keep the baby. Alexis breaking down sobbing and protesting as Molly screamed at her was so horrible. Not to mention Molly saying TJ was right about everything. Calling her sister a trainwreck who's not a mother because she didn't protect the baby, and that she knows nothing about love? Good lord, Molly is horrible. She looked a tiny bit proud that she left Kristina as a sobbing heap on the ground in the cemetery. UGH!!! Of course Ric's proud of her for "standing up for yourself" and TJ tells her she doesn't owe him an apology for her outburst because they get to feel and grieve as needed.  

The montage, though, IMO shows that Molly was both very naive and very much resents that Kristina could carry a baby to term while she can't. 

On the other hand, Genie Francis can make me cry. The Elizabeth-Laura scenes about Lulu - with ❤️Lucky mentioned❤️ - were really well done. And see, Elizabeth and Maxie can be mature adults to each other. How refreshing! KSt did a great job with Maxie monologuing to Lulu's arm. 

I have to chuckle that Dante's trying to convince himself that he and Lulu were  exes and both moved on, when Lulu hasn't even woken up yet. Bye, Sam!!

Shut UP, Jordan. She literally has no idea what the facts are as she's spouting off to Curtis.

HELLO JJ!!!! Lucky is a prisoner/kidnap victim. Looks like the same set from when CM started as new Drew.

I'm genuinely shocked to see Robert in the previews for Monday's episode.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 5
  • Fire 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, tessaray said:

The main problem is that the whole surrogacy situation was stupid from the beginning and obviously designed for artificial conflict between the sisters and none of it was even good tv.

You said it right….artificial conflict.  I mean Krissy has always been sort of the odd one out but never have the Davis sisters had conflict like this.  It just doesn’t ring true, especially with the recasts.  Like who are these people??

I think it was also a huge mistake to have the baby be biologically Kristina’s.  Like she’s not just carrying her little niece or nephew for her sister, she is the baby’s biological mother.  Molly has endometriosis which causes uterine scarring, but she could have still had viable eggs (this happened to my cousin).  If the baby had been biologically Mollys and TJ’s things wouldn’t have gotten quite so messy.

• Like 9
54 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And they apparently had a nursery set up

I thought the three(?) boxes they packed up were kind of minimalist.  No crib?  No car seat?  A box of diapers takes up more room than what was in those boxes.

11 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Lucky is a prisoner/kidnap victim.

So, nothing new to explain long character absences.  We have to make Lucky not look like an asshat for abandoning his kids.

• Like 7

OMG the wailing got worse today. I never watched DAYS but was KM considered good on that show? 

Molly was harsh. But she was right about Alexis not saying anything about the papers. And how she favors Kristina. 

Portia wanting to know about Ric was odd. And then them meeting. 👀

Will Curtis/Jordan get closer due to this baby death drama leading Portia to Ric...

LUCKY!!!!!!!! I love JJ. 

GF was quite good today. She must be thanking god about this material and not the dumb Heather stuff.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, ciarra said:

So, nothing new to explain long character absences.  We have to make Lucky not look like an asshat for abandoning his kids.

He hasn't spoken a line yet, so yes nothing new at this time. Only that Laura has no idea where Lucky is.

31 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

HELLO JJ!!!! Lucky is a prisoner/kidnap victim.

THIS! THIS! THIS is all I CARE ABOUT!!!!!! But it was a cliffhanger, right? 

20 minutes ago, ciarra said:

We have to make Lucky not look like an asshat for abandoning his kids.

LALALALALALALALALAAAAAA!!! I can't HEAR YOUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

LALALALALALALALAAAAAAA

• Applause 2
  • LOL 6
(edited)
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

THIS! THIS! THIS is all I CARE ABOUT!!!!!! But it was a cliffhanger, right?

Yep! The hood/bag was yanked off his head as the cliffhanger.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
19 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Very surprising to see Morgan Fairchild’s Home and Hearth character tell off a caller for being rude to Lois about her accent

I wondered if that phone call was from one of the staffers who was sneering about Lois's accent. 

17 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Shut UP, Jordan. She literally has no idea what the facts are as she's spouting off to Curtis.

When she was giving Portia and Curtis some background on Ric, I love how she says he works in "a gray area." As if Jordan has been squeaky clean all of her professional life. And then she says he's estranged from Sonny like it's a bad thing. Shut up, Jordan.

All the actors in the graveyard scenes must have gone home completely exhausted.

• Like 4
(edited)

I find this whole fighting over the baby, a dead baby, to be deeply unpleasant to watch. i wish that it were all over. I don't see how Molly and Kristina can be close after this. Piss poor plotting.

I understand why Alexis didn't say anything. She was hoping to talk Kristina out of filing the papers when she saw how Molly and TJ loved the child. To tell Molly much less TJ about the papers would only have caused a reaction on their part that would have make Kristina fight even harder to keep the baby.

Jordan is all about the baby being TJ's biological child. To her it doesn't matter at all that it is Kristina's biological child too.

They brought Ric back for this???? What a waste.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Kristina was a bit insensitive when she went on about knowing every kick, what food she ate that the baby liked, etc.

Insensitive is something that Kristina is known for. But it seems to me that some of Molly's anger at Kristina is because Kristina can carry a baby and Molly can't. TJ all along but Molly also seem more to see Kristina as a vending machine, pop in TJ's sperm and Molly and TJs baby comes out.

51 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Molly has endometriosis which causes uterine scarring, but she could have still had viable eggs (this happened to my cousin).  If the baby had been biologically Mollys and TJ’s things wouldn’t have gotten quite so messy.

They touched on that. The doctor told her that her eggs would most likely not be viable. For plot's sake.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I have to say it was a nice touch by Ric to almost reach for Kristina, but then stop - especially when Molly kept screaming how Alexis is always team Kristina. and then when she and TJ stormed off, Ric turned back and just gave this look of I really wish I could help but... just a tiny reminder that it is his niece as well as stepdaughter once upon a time and it is very ugly. 

Jordan's "Kristina would never even think of having babies." was a little."well how do you know that?" because Molly never thought of having babies until after she got sick. like I get it you wanna be Mamma Bear and I'll let you have that moment but slow your roll and maybe talk to Alexis before you go all "oh yeah, it's on."

this really bugs me and I'll always point this out - screaming and dry heaving doesn't = crying. and it really stands out more when NLG's face looks horrific complete with streaky mascara and she's literally welling up and both KM and KV are trying to drum up a tear or something. it always takes me out of a scene 

38 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Like she’s not just carrying her little niece or nephew for her sister, she is the baby’s biological mother.

this is what i feel the show is like. not addressing. like this was going to be messy.[well Alexis did but they didn't want to listen] Molly and TJ from everything i've seen [from you guys] and the little clips were treating this like a business transaction. Kristina's hormones kicked in and she wasn't feeling easy. i get you want to be pissed off at her and everything - but it was Kristina's daughter too. it really feels like Tolly expected Kristina to just go on and nothing was happening is a bit... suspect. (and I'll admit. Kristina going 'my baby my baby." (even though it was hers) isn't helping.  also not just accepting it was an accident. like. no matter what anyone wants to think I don't think Kristina and Ava actually planned for Kristina to fly through a window

• Like 9

Well, I have no idea how I'd feel in real life about all of this, but as far as the show goes, I'm team Molly.  I just find Kristina sooo annoying  Add to that this Molly actress is actually incredible, and I end up siding with her.  I also think this is very soapy and I'm not mad at this storyline. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Just so you know, Team Molly & TJ here.

Anyway, this story would have been good soap had it not been so horribly, terribly written. It was always clear to me that we were headed to a battle between Molly and Kristina over the baby, but I never expected that the people who are paid quite well to write for this show would not be able to craft a story that made a modicum of sense. Of course Kristina would want to keep the baby. But her 'excuse' that I'm supposed to accept  that Molly & TJ were breaking up because they were not getting along makes no sense at all.  So M&T had some disagreements.  So what?  That happens to the best of couples.  Plus, they seemed to go out of their way to make it seem like Molly & TJ are awful people due to the way they express their concern for THEIR unborn child.  Child, please.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

For some reason, the show refused to write any scenes of this. Molly and TJ had supposedly started thinking of names, but we didn't learn this until after the baby died. And they apparently had a nursery set up, but ditto.

Maybe the show didn't write these scenes because they thought it would undercut what's happening now? 

I think this might be it. Molly and TJ went to one doctor's appointment, then they looked like they stopped caring entirely. But in the background, they were actively preparing for the arrival of the baby with the nursery, the clothes, the names. 

These writers are constantly showing just how bad they are at their job. Creating conflict by omitting facts. These aren't misunderstandings. It's just all-around lazy writing.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:
2 hours ago, DanaK said:

I wondered if that phone call was from one of the staffers who was sneering about Lois's accent. 

Don't they screen their calls?  At least talk to people before they put them live on the air?  Then pull the plug if they start trash-talking the guest.  7 second delay?

• Like 4

Maybe I'm feeling generous because JJ is still HOT AS HELL, but putting aside all the glaring plot holes, annoying stupidities, egregious absurdities, and confusing boomerang writing... I did get some opera in my soap today. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Was Jordan even in PC before Ric left? She was talking as if she knows him personally but I can’t recall them ever meeting.

I thought Molly was a bit harsh with Kristina, but was surprised Kristina only dropped to the ground instead of throwing herself on the grave 🤣. The whole story was ridiculous to begin with, and now the sisters are at odds again with no sign of them making amends. 

TJ and Jordan just need to STFU with their accusations about stealing the baby. Kristina was the biological mother, which means she has just as much right to that child as TJ. Yes I know she promised the baby to her sister and TJ. But they were all stupid for not listening to Alexis in the beginning. She told Kristina that she had no idea how she would feel when she got pregnant. She told Molly to draw up a contract spelling out the terms of the agreement. She even drew up the contract herself and everyone was all ‘nah we don’t need it, we’re totally cool!’

I just can’t anymore.

at least Lucky is back. Hopefully once he’s free, his first step will be a shower and washing his hair 🤣

• Like 9
  • LOL 3

I finally watched today since I heard JJ was coming back and whoa….i missed a lot.  Very emotional scene at the funeral.  I see Lindsey Hartley is back as Sam.  I kind of wish she would stay 🙈. Ric looks fine as usual.  Love that he’s let his hair go grey.   Molly, god damn.  She was stone cold with the way she treated Kristina.  Even TJ was like umm….maybe we could ease up a bit?  I felt Kristina’s and Alexis’ pain.  Great acting there.

Lois has spoken this way for the better part of 50 years and NOW it bothers her??  What kind of stupid plot are they foreshadowing with all that nonsense.  And sorry for being shallow but if anyone is going to be taken to task about how they speak it really should be Morgan Fairchild.  Her face is so full of fillers and Botox she can barely open her mouth.

I guess nuLulu will be starting fairly soon.  Woohoo Lucky!!  I hope you’re worth my tuning back in.  Pretty good episode overall actually.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
On 8/22/2024 at 1:04 PM, statsgirl said:

"You're the reason she's dead."  Molly, Kristina is also the reason she was alive.

I can't believe that no one there (or later) made that point to Molly (and TJ). Everyone just stood there (except Alexis) while the sisters flung horrible accusations and comments at each other. IRL, I can imagine that it was terribly awkward and embarrassing for everyone to witness, but this is GH and PC is a place where everyone feels entitled and comfortable butting into everyone else's business and acting as if they know for sure what someone else is thinking or feeling even without talking about it.  There should have been someone stepping in to break up the scene, at least, although neither woman would be likely to hear any common sense at that point. With luck, someone (other than Alexis, obviously) will try to talk with Molly and Kristina to help them see that they share this grief and blaming each other will not make them feel better. As a viewer, of course, I'm tempted to yell at the characters that this is exactly the kind of worst-case scenario that proper legal arrangements can prevent or at least mitigate. 

A couple of random observations: Unfortunately, I've been to a number of funerals in recent years, so some things in today's episode struck me.

I haven't been to a funeral in the past 10 years or so where the officiant / priest wore black vestments. They tended to wear white to symbolize that while the earthly life is ended, there is hope for eternal life and resurrection in the future. That is also the emphasis of the ceremony. There is acknowledgment of loss and grief, but there is the expectation of reunion in the afterlife. 

I haven't seen any grave get filled so quickly while the mourners are still present. I know that movies and TV like to have rituals like having mourners put a handful of dirt on the coffin in the grave, but even then, people don't usually stick around to watch the cemetery workers fill in the grave. For most people, that would be too much. It is more common for individual mourners to return a day or so later to offer prayers or contemplate their loss in peace. 

• Like 7
(edited)
55 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Don't they screen their calls?  At least talk to people before they put them live on the air?  Then pull the plug if they start trash-talking the guest.  7 second delay?

This is GH. Who knows?

25 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Lois has spoken this way for the better part of 50 years and NOW it bothers her??  What kind of stupid plot are they foreshadowing with all that nonsense.

Ugh, yes. She's always been obnoxiously proud of her Bensonhurst roots, so for this to suddenly pop up is beyond stupid.

Lois is the last person I want to see get Eliza Doolittle'd.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/18/2024 at 3:24 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

I mean, look, if I had to live with Spinelli I'd be running away, too.

🤣Yess I get that part & since James has Maxie messiness I'm waiting for him to make a comment about how fucking annoying & can't talk, act like a real person 😀 Kids can read why someone is really around in this case just so he can get in his mamma pants.

• Like 3

Wow, today was a heavy episode, what with the Davis girls fighting, Maxie's talk to Lulu, Laura's sadness, Lucky being held prisoner...and Lois worried about her accent.  {{One of these things is not like the other}}

Interesting to hear Molly's take on the sisters' dynamic, as from my perspective it always seemed like Screw-up Krissie was seen as the family's albatross, not the one they all saved.  I feel bad for Alexis right now because she tried to warn them what could happen, but, no, Molly needed a baby RIGHT NOW and Kristina was SO SURE she'd be able to give it up.  Now she's being accused of trying to 'steal' the baby (maybe reign it in a bit, Jordan).  

KStorms was my MVP today.  She really brought it with the scenes with a hand.  And they really need to give Becky more to do because she's always so good even in just supporting ways.  

Speaking of...hey there, Lucky!  Get thee back to PC, as someone needs some of your liver. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

Jordan can just take a big dose of STFU and take several seats. If the baby had lived “If the baby had lived, NO ONE was going take” your grandchild? Who’s acting as if the baby is property again?

And she can also shut up about Ric. Sitting there all smug.

I don’t know why I bother with logic, but Alexis didn’t put those papers in her briefcase! She laid it face down on her desk!

❤️❤️❤️🥰🥰❤️❤️❤️LUCKY!!!!!!!!!❤️❤️❤️🥰🥰❤️❤️❤️

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

On the official GH clip they aired the fight, and something that I missed the first time. When Kristina went all "No i wasn't" (going to give up the baby, Alexis is looking down because she was crying then she looked up and she looked horrified.  it makes me wonder when this slight cools down, Alexis will confront Kristina about this.

42 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Interesting to hear Molly's take on the sisters' dynamic, as from my perspective it always seemed like Screw-up Krissie was seen as the family's albatross, not the one they all saved. 

which is Ironic because Krissie always did feeel that way - which is what led her to Dawn of Day was it not? (but theoretically Krissie always did need "saving" - Keifer, Dawn of Day, etc et etc)  so i can see it from both sides

• Like 5

I'm Team Alexis. Her daughters wouldn't listen to her and now one of them is accusing her of helping the other "steal my baby." Attorney Molly is and has been glazing over the fact that Kristina was pregnant with her own biological child and was giving it up for adoption to Molly. I genuinely wonder if Molly and TJ would have loved the child unconditionally - or would they blame Kristina's DNA and habits while pregnant whenever the child did something they didn't like.  There is this undertone of smug disdain toward Kristina from them that I find disturbing. 

The "you killed my daughter" stuff is over the top. Molly is talking like Irene was a young child in the car with Kristina and Kristina got in a wreck while drunk driving. She is entitled to feel angry and hurt, but she is also way too easily influenced by TJ. Kristina and Molly both being consumed by their individual grief and vowing never to forgive each other isn't going to end well for either of them. 

After Elizabeth referenced talking to Lucky about Lulu when they were teens, I am really looking forward to seeing BHerbst and JJ acting together again. 

• Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, DanaK said:

Geeze those cemetery scenes are tough to watch and very painful

At least they were lightened up by the Lulu's worsening coma scenes! /sarcasm

It was a very good episode, if heavy. I think NLG did a beautiful job of showing the anguish of being torn between her two daughters. Ric had a nice moment there of wanting to comfort Kristina, but knowing his place was with Molly (and not being welcomed by Sam, especially.)

I didn't catch what TJ said when he bent down to Kristina, but I assume it was humane? I'm glad they're no longer using his character as a soulless plot device to antagonize Kristina. 

• Like 9
20 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I didn't catch what TJ said when he bent down to Kristina, but I assume it was humane? I'm glad they're no longer using his character as a soulless plot device to antagonize Kristina. 

he was asking if she was in pain and asking about her stitches (basically going into Doctor mode).

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm Team Alexis.

me too

• Like 9
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Lois is the last person I want to see get Eliza Doolittle'd.

I was thinking the exact same thing.... oh god, please no Lois centric story where learns how to tawk like a propah laydeee! 

PS. What was up with the handbag selling woman who did the bumper after Lois' segment and then either BLQ or Maxie came up to do another mini commercial. That was so random. I was waiting for an 800 number to flash on my screen! WTF was that?  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Maybe they’re having RS drop the fake NY accent and that’s why this is happening because otherwise, I don’t get the point. I don’t see a NY accent getting heavily mocked. 

I’ve always been Team Alexis in the surrogacy SL because she was the only one who saw where this was going. Molly and Kristina were already fighting months leading up to it. I’m not sure how long things were ok between them before Kristina decided to be the surrogate but I know it wasn’t that long and both of them completely dismissed her when she brought up the need for a formal agreement.

I resented Kristina, Molly and TJ all asking her to choose and intervene after the fact because that was the thing she feared would happen. I think I felt extra bad for her because I do think her not growing up with much unconditional love makes her want to work harder to keep her relationships with her daughters civil. Her mom was murdered when she was young and her father didn’t acknowledge her. All she had was Stefan, who made it clear that his love was conditional on her falling in line, and later Nikolas. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3