Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

The height of Sonny's misogyny was during the Guza years, with the whole bitch, slut, whore sing song that he used to throw at the women who "betrayed" him.

He's mellowed a lot since and has been much better since they put him with Nina. But he will never not be a small man.

• Like 10
14 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Shouldn't Sasha stay in Port Charles at least to testify against Dr. M.? I doubt he's gonna plead guilty.

Also, why must there be only one Face of Deception? There are so many kinds of women. This is your opportunity, Maxie and Lucy.

In the real world, his trial would probably take months to start and she could come back to testify.

And, while yes, you have a point, more faces of Deception cost more money.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, susannah said:

But if Brook Lynn had been truthful with Chase, Tracy would have had nothing on her. She could have said "no Tracy, I am not going to betray my friends, do your worst." She didn't do that. Tracy held no gun to her head. It is true that Tracy shouldn't have done that, but it was all on Brook Lynn. How has she taken ownership of anything? Has she tried to make amends with Maxie and Lucy?

Imagine having to worry that your granny has something on you.

Brooklyn should have told Chase everything, yes. That's on Brooklyn.

But her grandmother also (gleefully) blackmailed her.  That's on Tracy.

Edited by VioletMarx
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, ljr said:

Are they bringing back Blair? Is Martin going to tell Lucy she had the deceptor idea?

I still don't understand what deceptor is

It's some kind of UV light thing that's supposed to make your face/skin look younger.

20 hours ago, DanaK said:

Nina wasn’t; maybe you are thinking of Mason kidnapping Ava?

I need up hearing that somehow - must not have paid enough attention.  

After missing about a month, things seem not to have moved on much, lol.

• LOL 2

Today's confrontation between Michael and Nina is not for the faint of heart. Or for anyone with any sense of fairness. Nina got a shot in but of course Michael will in all.

Nina: "You're not only trying to control my life, you're trying to control Willow's."  Finally someone says it out loud.

On the plus side, Liesl is back! and wrecking havoc with Maxie's parenting (although a backwards dinner of dessert first is not a good idea, nor is one of grilled cheese sandwich and sundae, kids should have some vegetables beyond ketchup. (trivia: Canadian ketchup has less sugar than US ketchup.)

Trina and Ava had a sweet moment.

Oh look, Sasha is visiting Cody.

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish they would put CD in better-fitting shirts. He always looks so strangled.

Trying to make him looked bulked up?  At least they don't have him in manx.

3 hours ago, Katy M said:

And, while yes, you have a point, more faces of Deception cost more money.

But diverse faces also appeal to a wider audience. As I get older, I am less and less likely to buy cosmetics just because they look good on a young influencer or a woman with a different skin tone.

They really should have a great looking older woman (like JE) as one of the faces of the Deceptor.

• Love 6

Why is Michael insisting that Nina return (sell back) the Metro Court to Carly, when Nina initially offered to give the witch the hotel, but she refused to take it?

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 13
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Nina: "You're not only trying to control my life, you're trying to control Willow's."  Finally someone says it out loud.

hahhaa. YES. that probably explains the screen shot above lmao

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Why is Michael insisting that Nina return (sell back) the Metro Court to Carly, when Nina initially offered to give the witch the hotel, but she refused to take it?

When has Michael ever cared about logic or justice when it came to the Carlys getting what they want?

The tongue bath that Brick gave Carly ("You're the only one I'll ever think of as Mrs. Corinthos" when Carly was the one who wanted the divorce and she's moved on the FauxJason now) was also utterly revolting. Hating Nina does the Carlys no favours; they will end up with ugly expressions that not even the Deceptor will be able to help.

• Like 11
  • LOL 3

Wow, James is a brat. I didn't find anything he said today cute or funny at all.

It cracks me up how every time someone gets kidnapped, held hostage, shot, or whatever, everyone acts as if it's the first time that's ever happened in Port Charles.

5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Today's confrontation between Michael and Nina is not for the faint of heart. Or for anyone with any sense of fairness. Nina got a shot in but of course Michael will in all.

It took him forever to finally spit it out. The suspense was not killing me. Good lord. 

I wish Nina would just let the news get out there. Take a page from Julien's IDGAF book and let the chips fall where they may. It's not as if waiting will make things go more easily.

News flash, Michael: It was Liesl who saved Willow's life with her bone marrow. Drew helped, definitely, but if it hadn't been for Liesl, your Stepford Wife would be dead. But, you know, details.

I liked that CW put a bit of crazy into her rant at Michael that he wasn't going to keep her from her family, especially after Martin had already planted the seed that Nina wouldn't go gently into the night.

Add me to the list of people who think Lucy and Maxie should hire Blaze in addition to Sasha and have multiple Faces of Deception. I don't get why the option hasn't occurred to either of them.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Did anyone bother to tell Olivia that the wedding she was planning and had booked at her hotel was no longer required?  She'll have to throw out that bathtub full of baked ziti.

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 8

I loathe, loathe, LOATHE Michael! CW did a great job of letting him have it, and she should have ended with it, telling him to tell who he liked, instead of letting him get the upper hand again. But, it's going to be "crucify Nina" time for weeks now that everyone will know.

Lucy doesn't care about anything or anyone except herself.

I have always thought James was a brat, and everyone has let him get away with it. 

YAY Sasha isn't leaving! I hope, anyway. I don't care if she and Cody have a romance, I like them, and there is something up Tracy's sleeve about her. Speaking of Tracy, while I was on the barge and never saw it, the thought of Tracy and Luke being married is just ludicrous to me.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Add me to the list of people who think Lucy and Maxie should hire Blaze in addition to Sasha and have multiple Faces of Deception. I don't get why the option hasn't occurred to either of them.

Because clutching pearls is so very important before having a light bulb moment. It's annoying and frankly obnoxious and eye roll inducing.

Women are not a one size fits all and Sasha and Blaze are different. Sasha's experience over the past few years has been anything but a walk in the park, and Blaze is a WoC and queer. Deception can use both for important key demographics. They should probably hire an older woman to hawk their ageless products while they're at it. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

to which, I hope Nina clapped back with no thank you this is Wiley's legacy so drop dead. 

8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Women are not a one size fits all and Sasha and Blaze are different. Sasha's experience over the past few years has been anything but a walk in the park, and Blaze is a WoC and queer. Deception can use both for important key demographics. They should probably hire an older woman to hawk their ageless products while they're at it. 

basically they should be like DOVE. (who hires like anyone which is great. one commerical recently had a burn survivor)

• Like 6
  • Love 2

It does seem like they'll end up with Faces of Deception, which would be a great idea. 

I'm so glad Nina got one brief moment of standing up to Michael....Does anyone think it's going to turn out that Harmony was actually warning Willow about Michael himself?

• Like 3
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

...Does anyone think it's going to turn out that Harmony was actually warning Willow about Michael himself?

what do you mean?

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Michael:  My mother lost everything.

this is so much like Carly's refrain of "I will get everything that I lost."

like you didn't lose anything.

You chose to give up Sonny because you couldn't love the fact that he legit wasn't a murdering violent monster anymore. You got upset that no, Sonny didn't want to killl Willey's grandmother just because you were mad at her. 

You chose to not get anything in the divorce. 

You chose to invest in a business you knew nothing about and pledged more than what you could afford to lose after being told countless times. 

You chose to double down on illegal activities vs. going to the SEC and making a plea deal

you chose  not to take back the metrocourt after several people offered to buy it for you. 

So like.. you didn't lose anything. you either gave it up or chose not to take it. so they need to just shut the ever loving hell up. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 16
8 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I'm so glad Nina got one brief moment of standing up to Michael....Does anyone think it's going to turn out that Harmony was actually warning Willow about Michael himself?

Me too! I actually also thought that the dream is about Michael, who has proven already to be very controlling of Willow. I think she is too far into Stepford land to realize it, and Michael will make sure to paint Nina as the one out to hurt her.

WHEN will Carly tie her hair back in the diner?

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
26 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I wish, but that beast has eaten the show since the day he was born and he is so very perfect.

With her history of being abused and controlled, Willow sure is all heart eyes when it comes to that loser. The Cult of the Michael is still going strong.

I also find it disturbing when Kristina is sitting there singing his praises.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, susannah said:

I loathe, loathe, LOATHE Michael! CW did a great job of letting him have it, and she should have ended with it, telling him to tell who he liked, instead of letting him get the upper hand again. But, it's going to be "crucify Nina" time for weeks now that everyone will know.

Lucy doesn't care about anything or anyone except herself.

I have always thought James was a brat, and everyone has let him get away with it. 

YAY Sasha isn't leaving! I hope, anyway. I don't care if she and Cody have a romance, I like them, and there is something up Tracy's sleeve about her. Speaking of Tracy, while I was on the barge and never saw it, the thought of Tracy and Luke being married is just ludicrous to me.

I wish I could like this 1000 times. I have always hated Coe-zilla with every fiber of my being, since that wench first shit stomped and scenery chewed her way into PC. And I've never backed off from that. 

And the holier than thou, sanctimonious, perpetually constipated looking SLS can seriously eat 1000 dicks. Shut up, Michael. You've been annoying since you were a red headed demon child, and you still haven't grown up or improved. 

I just had to get that off my chest.

• Like 5
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, ChicksDigScars said:

wish I could like this 1000 times. I have always hated Coe-zilla with every fiber of my being, since that wench first shit stomped and scenery chewed her way into PC. And I've never backed off from that. 

And the holier than thou, sanctimonious, perpetually constipated looking SLS can seriously eat 1000 dicks. Shut up, Michael. You've been annoying since you were a red headed demon child, and you still haven't grown up or improved. 

I just had to get that off my chest.

Glad you feel better! 😀 I have never, ever liked Lucy either. As for Michael, I think he has passed sanctimonious, etc to flat out evil. I don't know why he hates Nina so much, but as he wants to destroy her, that is evil.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I also find it disturbing when Kristina is sitting there singing his praises.

Her other siblings are Molly the Harridan and Sam, a former con artist who plays at being a detective. No wonder she sings Michael's praises especially after being told all her life how perfect he is while she is the screwup.

• Like 4

Michael is one totally fucked up megalomaniacal som' bitch if he thinks his blackmail demands to Nina will make for a healthy, respectful  marriage to a woman who has already suffered so many liars, manipulators and controllers in her life. He doesn't know a goddamn thing about love. 

• Like 16
  • Love 2

Well, today was revolting.  I honestly don't understand how anyone could be a Michael fan.  He really is just a Carly clone with the "I can do anything as long as I say it's for my family and no one can question my motives, but I sure can judge everyone else."  Ugh.  I actually yelled "give me a fucking break" when he ordered Nina to sell Carly back the hotel--and that she had to 'figure it out' because Carly has no money.  Nina really should just confess to her non-crime and whatever happens happens.  Living under Michael's thumb will be torturous.

Also gross the way Brick kisses Carly's ass.  I swear, the writing on this show.

Bright spot: Ava and Trina.  It was very sweet when Trina said Ava is like her second mother.  You could see how much it meant to Ava.

• Like 14
  • Love 1

Good for Nina telling off that poor excuse of a man Michael.  Knock him down!  Michael said she said nothing when Ned was blamed, how about him blaming Ned. 

He has audacity to say bad things always happen because of her? Michael was doing nothing but trying to put Sonny in jail and make him pay, now it's what would Sonny think? What would he think of you Michael. 

Nina tell Sonny. Don't let this twerp blackmail you. 

Nice to see Obreht back. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 6
37 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Michael said she said nothing when Ned was blamed

i said this before too. Nina's only crime there was fanning the flames w/Olivia. other than that, why should she say anything when they were blaming Ned. She doesn't know Ned. they weren't friends. and the thing is why were they blaming Ned for potentially reporting a crime that if it hadn't been could hurt him/ELQ as well? 

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, susannah said:

Would anyone mind telling me why Lucy is obsessed with the 1% share of ELQ, which sounds like nothing, and why she ever got it since she is not family? If it is not too convoluted to tell?

Well, technically, she was family for a nanosecond thanks to her brief marriage to Alan. Probably got that little piece of stock then.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, technically, she was family for a nanosecond thanks to her brief marriage to Alan. Probably got that little piece of stock then.

Lucy got the 1 percent when she and Alan got divorced. It wouldn't have meant anything if the Qs were always fighting amongst themselves when it came time to vote who would be running ELQ whether it be a Quartermaine or someone else. Years ago, there used to be other people who were not in the family who had stock so she wasn't the only determining factor in those votes e.g. Sonny and Jax.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Well, today was revolting.  I honestly don't understand how anyone could be a Michael fan.  He really is just a Carly clone with the "I can do anything as long as I say it's for my family and no one can question my motives, but I sure can judge everyone else."  Ugh.  I actually yelled "give me a fucking break" when he ordered Nina to sell Carly back the hotel--and that she had to 'figure it out' because Carly has no money.  Nina really should just confess to her non-crime and whatever happens happens.  Living under Michael's thumb will be torturous.

Doesn't Michael know how Carly refused the MC when Nina bought the half to GIVE it back to her? I always love the retcons on this show.

Carly loves working at Kelly's now. She's a woman of the people. She's added flower planters outside and everything is so much better now at this PC institution. 

Carly is sure always picking herself up by those bootstraps. Hotels are bestowed upon her and Kelly's was sold to her for the big total of a buck by her mommy. A buck isn't even enough to buy a pack of gum, but she got a whole ass diner for the value.  

Michael should fuck off and die.

• Like 7
  • Applause 9
8 hours ago, Daisy said:

Nina's only crime there was fanning the flames w/Olivia

Again, not a crime.

Just like whistleblowing.

And "identity fraud."

Funny how the actual crimes on the show by others are hand-waved or justified away, but Nina is Public Enemy #1.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Funny how the actual crimes on the show by others are hand-waved or justified away, but Nina is Public Enemy #1.

True, true, but slimy Michael is the son of and works for a mob boss, so naturally he would bypass actual criminal activity and become enraged only at those who imposed any consequences of said criminal activity!

• Like 3

OMG, I am so sick of this stupid SEC/poor Drew and Carly/Nina is evil storyline. I have despised Michael since CD took over the role. He always looks like he is about to cry. 
Damn show for bringing back Liesl just as I was ready to walk away from the show.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
5 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Again, not a crime.

Just like whistleblowing.

And "identity fraud."

yeah. i mean to say it "crime" but i really mean was - she really should have not made Olivia think that Ned did it either. it was like "nina just hush up" at that point.  

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

You're Canadian, right, @Daisy?  CityTV airs GH (with commercials) online. 

https://www.citytv.com/shows/general-hospital/episode-2023-1025-s61e34

oh thank you!!

and I am!!

• Like 3
22 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The tongue bath that Brick gave Carly ("You're the only one I'll ever think of as Mrs. Corinthos" when Carly was the one who wanted the divorce and she's moved on the FauxJason now) was also utterly revolting.

I didn’t know Brick was so tall!  I guess I’ve never paid much attention, and the few times I’ve seen him on espn he’s always sitting.  I had never seen him dressed so casually either.  

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I didn’t know Brick was so tall!  I guess I’ve never paid much attention, and the few times I’ve seen him on espn he’s always sitting.  I had never seen him dressed so casually either.  

I was thinking the exact same thing

Joss: "Well that isn't fair."  The rallying cry of the Carly's.

Finn/ME got his hair cut but I have trouble telling the difference.

Curtis' shooting made him need glasses?

Portia is worried about Trina's safety. Did she forget that Trina is dating Cyrus' grandnephew?

Portia is such a Carly. She wants to get the doctor's license revoked who testified that Cyrus  is physically unable to beat up someone else. That's not a lie, Cyrus can't do it himself. But as a mob boss he can get others to do it and that's on the parole board.

What would US TV do for dramatic plots if the country  had single payer health care like the rest of the world?

Starting nurse Willow can just take off any weekend she wants?  Nice work if you can get it.

IMO, dipping fries into your milkshake just ruins both the fries and the milkshake. And yet, Michael and Willow sharing a double straw milkshake like a teenage couple from a 1940s movie seems on point for them.

7 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Carly is sure always picking herself up by those bootstraps. Hotels are bestowed upon her and Kelly's was sold to her for the big total of a buck by her mommy. A buck isn't even enough to buy a pack of gum, but she got a whole ass diner for the value. 

Carly: "I uncovered proof that Judge Kim was [corrupt]."  Something else that just fell into Carly's lap with no effort on her part at all.

Now that Michael knows, I really wish that Nina would launch an all-out campaign to get Drew out or at least to a minimum security prison and maybe mitigate the wrath of the Carlys.

• Like 4

Two days in a row Carly has stated she's determined to find out who blew the whistle on Drew and her. 

Does anyone connected with the show realize that every utterance of that phrase  is an admission of guilt? 

Kinda hard to rail about a judge's corruption when you're acknowledging you were doing something corrupt yourself. 

(I know . . . it's Carly . . .)

• Like 15

Other good things I forgot to mention from yesterday:

Nina speaking all the truth to that little twerp Michael.  I know she will be completely thrown under the bus soon enough but at least she got in some good shots.

Ava and Trina.  I love those two.  Ava looked so washed out though.  Her entire face and hair where all the same color.

On other hand, Maxie is looking better than she has in months.  The softer hair and makeup do wonders.  

A nice lunch date between Curtis and Portia without all the angst.  It was also nice to see the friendship between Laura and Curtis.  

I don’t think Tracy has to have ulterior motives regarding Sacha.  She has a heart.  Everyone always just wants to believe the worst in her.  I think she knows Sacha is good for business, but I also think she’s a sucker for an underdog.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I don’t think Tracy has to have ulterior motives regarding Sacha.  She has a heart.  Everyone always just wants to believe the worst in her.  I think she knows Sacha is good for business, but I also think she’s a sucker for an underdog.

I do think people tend to forget that about Tracy. She blows a lot of hot air about not caring, and i mean yeah if she can be devious she will be - but she often has no problems caring about other people or doing what she thinks is right (especially if it helps her out too lol)

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Guy lost weight. He doesn't need to hide his belly behind those double-breasted suits. 

I refused to watch his scenes the second I saw Carly walk into Sonny's office.

37 minutes ago, rur said:

Two days in a row Carly has stated she's determined to find out who blew the whistle on Drew and her. 

Does anyone connected with the show realize that every utterance of that phrase  is an admission of guilt? 

The writers kind of forgot about what they've been writing and keep circling back either to admission of guilt or having Carly screaming that they're innocent and Drew saying drewfus type things like the FBI twisted everything around.

Im Totally Fine Jillian Bell GIF by DECAL

• LOL 3
31 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The writers kind of forgot about what they've been writing and keep circling back either to admission of guilt or having Carly screaming that they're innocent and Drew saying drewfus type things like the FBI twisted everything around.

A. "We lost money!" - as if that excuses the crime

B. "The FBI twisted things!" - as if they were framed

C.  "The judge is corrupt!" - as if you were coerced into pleading guilty and accepting a deal

D.  "We only did it to protect our family!" - see A.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2