Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I too will be so glad if they find out the bullet was meant for Curtis, then Sonny and Anna can stop all the wailing and gnashing of teeth..."he's in a wheelchair because of meeeeee." No he is in a wheelchair because someone shot into a bunch of people and hit him.

Charlotte is bringing the creepy. I knew Victor gave her the tarot cards. The girl needs some time in a psych facility, not talking about her room or her horse.

Sam's fake voice was too funny, but Gladys's mad dash to get out of town only to be stopped by Sasha is funnier. Who thought they were deader meat at that moment, Gladys to think the DA would have all the bank records, or Nina when Ava was that close to screaming that it was Nina, to Carly!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Cody was funny being arrested and Chase looked stupid. "I love that part." Lol

Sasha doesn't really deserve Cody putting his life on line for her.  She better appreciate it.  

Carly snarling blaming Ava for Drew's beating.  Ava needs to go Jerome on her.  Drew's too smart to get beat up riiight. 

Jake didn't mention Lucky? Jason his dad didn't acknowledge him as his for how long? 

Valentine's new house is just Carly's old house with the stairs moved. 

Is Carly the next of kin for Drew?  Why is Liz and Doctors telling her anything or wanting to speak with her?  Isn't it Monica? Or Sam for Scout. 

Jake caring about uncle Drew so much out if nowhere is bad writing.  He's the only family member there? Where all Qs?

Sam is suddenly using a bad Southern accent for the bank in upstate New York. 

I wish Gladys would have ran and we'd be free of her forever.  

So based on the flashbacks by Valentine he thinks Charlotte did everything but the shooting.  She's brainwashed? 

Valentine should be packing her up back to boarding school. 

• Like 1

How to raise a teenage psychopath:

1. Start by spoiling your precocious child when she is very young. Indulge her every whim. Bonus points for speaking to her in French.
  2. When she does something wrong, destroy the evidence.
  3. Do not punish her for her misdeeds. Instead, buy her a house!
  4. Never speak to her about her “problems”. Simply wait patiently until they go away.  Tout ira bien.

I don’t blame Gladys for not being suspicious. Every time a bank officer calls me, they always use a voice modulator. And give lengthy explanations. And sound very much like someone I know, only with a helium injection. Once again, Sam demonstrates why her business is booming.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I really, really wish they had killed off Drew. Not only is the character currently worthless— and if you want to paint your leading lady as a strong, independent woman who demands only the best, why saddle her with the absolute worst?— but every time someone mentions him I think of Billy Miller and it just makes me sad. 

• Like 8
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 1

Write the little psycho off. (Charlotte, that is.) I find the circumstances of her conception utterly gross. (Lulu being essentially raped.)

Just have it come out that Charlotte's mama is actually some distant Helena or Mikkos relative or the help or whatever and ditch her.

Just a take from someone that hasn't watched in EONS but still recalls that nasty shit.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I don’t blame Gladys for not being suspicious. Every time a bank officer calls me, they always use a voice modulator. And give lengthy explanations. And sound very much like someone I know, only with a helium injection. Once again, Sam demonstrates why her business is booming.

Gladys isn't suspicious of the call. She's taking off because she thinks she's been caught.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

How to raise a teenage psychopath:

1. Start by spoiling your precocious child when she is very young. Indulge her every whim. Bonus points for speaking to her in French.
  2. When she does something wrong, destroy the evidence.
  3. Do not punish her for her misdeeds. Instead, buy her a house!
  4. Never speak to her about her “problems”. Simply wait patiently until they go away.  Tout ira bien.

5. When the child’s 3rd grade teacher contacts you because said child is bullying and tormenting other children, bring your girlfriend to the parent-teacher conference so she can passionately defend said child, flail her arms uselessly, snarl at the teacher, and attempt to have her fired. 

• Like 12
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I really, really wish they had killed off Drew. Not only is the character currently worthless— and if you want to paint your leading lady as a strong, independent woman who demands only the best, why saddle her with the absolute worst?— but every time someone mentions him I think of Billy Miller and it just makes me sad. 

Oh me too.  It's no one's fault of course, but at this point I want the character killed off.  It's painful, and it also reminds me of how we were robbed.  Just get rid off Drew Caine.  As far as I'm concerned he was last seen on that elevator leaving town anyway.  I've always felt that way. 

• Like 10
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 2

Charlotte has always called Valentin, papa. Since the moment she arrived on the show. It's got nothing to do with her going to a European boarding school. It's the way Valentin raised her, speaking "French" with her.

Her backstory, IIRC, was her living in Montreal with Claudette until they both came to PC. Montreal is a bilingual city.

• Like 6
19 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Charlotte has always called Valentin, papa. Since the moment she arrived on the show. It's got nothing to do with her going to a European boarding school. It's the way Valentin raised her, speaking "French" with her.

Her backstory, IIRC, was her living in Montreal with Claudette until they both came to PC. Montreal is a bilingual city.

I have a grandniece who calls her parents "mama" and "papa" - that's the way she was brought up. My siblings and I were brought up saying "mommy" and "daddy", but my in-laws called their parents "mother" and "father". So calling Valentine "papa" doesn't seem that odd to me, but Valentine's reaction to what has to be a HUGE, WAVING, red-flag is irresponsible. He knows that his family is full of psychopaths and criminals, why would he even take a chance that his daughter might develop those traits and not attempt to correct them?

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

That's great info, which I didn't know,since I haven't watched the show since the 80s, and just started watching again this summer, but it is still my opinion that it sounds affected. Speaking only of this fictional character, and not about any actual people.

• Like 1

I think Kristina and Blaze are cute together so I’m hoping they will go there with them. It’s completely ridiculous that Kristina was single for most of her 20s due to the lack of writing for LGBT relationships while her brother Michael was given endless women he had zero chemistry with.  

There’s absolutely no way Willow should be out at a crowded nightclub this soon after a bone marrow transplant or back to work at a hospital. Exposure to crowds is not healthy for a decimated immune system show.

Lol I called Esme using Ace to try to prevent Spencer from going out of town with Trina. Though emergency is a reach. He may have been exposed to chickenpox at daycare? Even if it was true, Spencer’s only gone for the weekend. If Ace caught it, he probably wouldn’t be showing symptoms right away. It usually takes a week or so after exposure. 

I think it’s hilarious that the Qs are all having a fun night out instead of being at Drew’s bedside but it’s what Carly’s lapdog deserves. 

Just now, CeChase said:

OMG really?  Another Molly?  Is she good?  Honestly they had the right actress in Sonny's temporary evil nanny.  I can't help it I am a softy and I feel terrible for the last actress.  She took such abuse on Twitter, like, really bad.  And now she's fired.  She wasn't right for the role don't get me wrong.  But it's really sad GH put her through that.  This was all their fault, not hers. 

She seemed ok. Molly is still being incredibly rude and towards Kristina but that’s the writing 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

OMG really?  Another Molly?  Is she good?  Honestly they had the right actress in Sonny's temporary evil nanny.  I can't help it I am a softy and I feel terrible for the last actress.  She took such abuse on Twitter, like, really bad.  And now she's fired.  She wasn't right for the role don't get me wrong.  But it's really sad GH put her through that.  This was all their fault, not hers. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
48 minutes ago, CeChase said:

But it's really sad GH put her through that.  This was all their fault, not hers. 

As soon as they got the first backlash about her, they should have immediately said she was temporary, even if she wasn't at that time.  People would have calmed down if they had known she wasn't there full time.  But it was incredibly stupid of them to cast a 39 year old in a 24 year old role and not expect fans to react.  

50 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Spencer’s only gone for the weekend. If Ace caught it, he probably wouldn’t be showing symptoms right away. It usually takes a week or so after exposure.

It would have made more sense for them to say that Ace had chicken pox and that since Spencer had been exposed, he had to cancel the trip.  

51 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Another Molly?  Is she good?

Super brief scene where she and TJ show up at the club to watch Eddie perform.  Kristina went over to congratulate them and they were frosty to her so no personality transplant back to proper Molly behaviour.  Hopefully that comes with the new actress.  

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Skintight satin is not a good look on anyone. Poor nu3Molly. Her first scenes are in a fugly dress.

5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

It would have made more sense for them to say that Ace had chicken pox and that since Spencer had been exposed, he had to cancel the trip.  

That's what I thought would happen. But it was a false alarm anyway.

Bonnie Burroughs did a great job with Gladys's frantic packing and her reaction to seeing Sasha at the door. I really liked the scenes between Sasha and Gladys.

22 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Molly is still being incredibly rude and towards Kristina

The horror of Kristina coming over to congratulate them on the potential pregnancy. I can't with Molly and TJ. They seriously need to get over themselves. (It must be weird for Tajh Bellow to have a new scene partner every three months, lol.)

Craig Sjodin was a cinematographer for the show, if anyone was wondering. He died from injuries in a bicycle accident.

GH is having a really bad run of losing people right now. I feel for the cast and crew.

• Like 7
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I wonder because they wrote in the ankle boot if they thought that HP's absence was only temporary.  They weren't fussy about recasting because they thought original Molly would be back.  I think in most jobs, it's more problematic to fire someone who is in treatment.  Not sure if that applies to acting contracts.

Edited by ciarra
  • Useful 2
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The horror of Kristina coming over to congratulate them on the potential pregnancy. I can't with Molly and TJ. They seriously need to get over themselves.

So yesterday Portia and Curtis could slobber all over them in glee, but Kristina can't congratulate them without getting the cold shoulder?  Fuck these two.

• Like 5
  • Applause 7

I believe HMK was the temp replacement b/c HP was out due to an injury stemming from the car accident. Then, it was revealed that HP caused the accident. I believe that's when they decided to look for a permanent replacement. Why they landed on BAS who clearly looks her age is beyond me! I know BAS had a rough time on SM but I'm sorry . . . she looks her age. That's not anyone's fault. She is young, but she's not 25. Molly is the youngest of three sisters. The actress has to look the part too, and she just didn't. Of course, viewers were going to harp on that. GH was wrong to hire her, IMO. I do think the backlash was fast and quick so they found a new replacement, which will hopefully be the last. Both BAS and KV were announced with the "role is now being played by." I think HMK's announcement had the word "temporary" in there but I could be wrong. 

All that said, Molly is still an unbearable witch. She and TJ make me sick. LOL! The scenes she had today were very short but long enough for me to know Molly is still insufferable and annoying. I cannot wait until the surrogacy goes wrong. I want them to come to Kristina, and I want her to say no. LOL! 

I'm so disappointed w/the writing for Trina. Josslyn was right. I have no idea why the writers insist on writing Trina as someone who never gets upset or always turns the other cheek or takes everything in stride. That whole chicken pox thing would have led me to dump Spencer outright. I didn't care for that mini-drama nor the quick way it was concluded but whatever. 

I thought SM did a great job in her scenes w/Gladys. She was excellent. Gladys on the other hand . . . . 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, ciarra said:

nder because the wrote in the ankle boot if they thought that HP's absence was only temporary.

When they brought Temp Molly #1 out, we were clearly told she was a temp becuase Haley had minor injuries from her car accident.  Then when the truth came out about the accident and that Haley was facing serious charges, they brought in what they said was a permanent recast.  I think they thought she was the best choice and didn't expect the backlash from fans.  This nu nu nu one is 27 yrs old, so at least she's in the right decade (if you go with Haley's age of 24, as SORASed Molly and not the age the character should be based on calendar years!!)

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I think in most jobs, it's more problematic to fire someone who is in treatment.  Not sure if that applies to acting contracts.

Acting and music would be two professions that zi thinks would have more experience with addiction than some others. (Doctors too have a high incidence.)

Table of one here but I liked Eddie's song. Maybe.it's because I'm old and it brought back memories of that kind of music.

Eddie "he dropped the Quarter" Maine dedicating that kind of song to Olivia + Brook Lynn wishing her mom were there made me think that she was going to show up at the end of the episode.

Although I'm good with the cliffhanger being Sasha challenging Gladys to confess to the police. I thought that both the actresses did a good job with those scenes.

I'm really tired of everyone putting down Scott. Plus, I think that Kin looked pretty fine today.

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

She seemed ok. Molly is still being incredibly rude and towards Kristina but that’s the writing 

She won't be any better than the previous Molly unless the writing gets better. I thought that the previous actress was okay enough but the writing for her was awful. It doesn't look like it's going to get any better since today TJ saw Kristina and moved to protect Molly. From what? From her sister congratulating her? I have no idea what the writers are trying to do with Tolly other than make the audience glad when there's something wrong with the baby. And they really shouldn't be encouraging that, there is enough meanness in the world without writing in more.

30 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

That's what I thought, that Spencer was going to say that in his mixed up childhood he had missed the chicken pox vaccine and didn't want to infect anyone on the trip.

It's interesting that this wasn't a scheme of Esme's as I expected it would be, but something from the daycare. The show is still not sure how to position the character.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Table of one here but I liked Eddie's song. Maybe.it's because I'm old and it brought back memories of that kind of music.

Eddie "he dropped the Quarter" Maine dedicating that kind of song to Olivia + Brook Lynn wishing her mom were there made me think that she was going to show up at the end of the episode.

You're not alone. I liked it, too, and I also expected to see Lois, but when I looked it up, she won't be on until sometime in October. 

In other matters, does Wardrobe hate Ned, too? That leather (or pleather) jacket they had him wearing was too small to fasten in front, strained across the back, and the arms were so tight I'm surprised he could manage to play his guitar. Did they dig out his old Eddie Maine jacket that he wore when he was many years younger and a few pounds lighter? (as are we all)

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
30 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Haley was facing serious charges, they brought in what they said was a permanent recast. 

Long haired Molly wore the boot, though, right up to the interviewing surrogates scenes.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't with Molly and TJ

I haven't watched the show. While I can make an effort and try to understand why Molly is the way she is, hateful and resentful and in need to get her head shrinked by some psychiatrist, what in the ever loving hell is TJ's problem?

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 6
  • Love 3

Well, another Molly. I thought the last one did well at being a bitch, since she was good at doing a tightened, cold expression. This one seems softer, and it might make her horrible treatment of Kristina a bit harder to buy. Molly is supposed to be the YOUNGEST of the three?

I was glad that they showed Esme not trying to scuttle Spencer's trip. What she needs to do though is let go of Spencer as a coparent, and believe in herself.

Tracy was actually smiling by the end of Eddie's performance??

GO Sasha! Loved how she let Gladys have it with both barrels, and didn't buy a word Gladys said to her. I hope she holds the line and forces Gladys to confess and agree to testify against Dr Evil.

I'm not a medical expert, but I don't know that being back at work in a hospital, around sick people, would be less risky for Willow than being at a club for a couple of hours. Either way, it is not up to Michael to decide what Willow can and can't do. He should apply to Pentonville as a guard, he makes a great jailer.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
42 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm really tired of everyone putting down Scott.

He brings a lot of it on himself. And Kin really leans into making Scott a blusterer.

4 minutes ago, susannah said:

I'm not a medical expert, but I don't know that being back at work in a hospital, around sick people, would be less risky for Willow than being at a club for a couple of hours. Either way, it is not up to Michael to decide what Willow can and can't do.

Willow has said more than once that she's gotten clearance from her medical team to be out and about (and work). Michael can be apprehensive about it—that's natural—but he's still trying to control Willow, and that's not natural. It's for Willow to decide what she wants to do.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Willow has said more than once that she's gotten clearance from her medical team to be out and about (and work)

I know, and yet Michael was throwing fits at the entrance of the club about Willow being there. Like I said, good jailer. 

• Like 3

The problem I had with that last NuMolly wasn’t her age but her poor acting ability. When she and TJ would hug, she behaved as if she was hugging her doorman at Christmas when she gave him a box of chocolates. I also blame the writing which makes no sense to me. Molly and TJ are being jackasses to Kristina for no reason at all. Blech.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

It will be interesting to see how long this new Molly sticks around.  Cool that they hired another Greek actor, like Haley.

I'm not sure what the point of that whole chickenpox thing with Sprina was, but it feels like it was all more about Esme than anything else.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tenshinhan said:

I'm not sure what the point of that whole chickenpox thing with Sprina was, but it feels like it was all more about Esme than anything else.

I don't get it, either.  Clearly it wasn't a scam Esme was trying to pull, and now T/S are on their way to NYC so...the point?  If this had been Carly back in the days when she was using Michael as her bargaining chip with Jason, those scenes would've played out differently.

Speaking of Michael, going over and needling Tracy was a page right out of Carly's handbook.  Mommy would be proud.  Also, Millow have no storyline and are still as dull as ever. 

NuNuNuMolly looks the part, but, ugh, the writing is still horrible.  "She's coming over, TJ!" as if she was terrified Kristina was going to assault her.  Jeez.

I never gave Blaze much thought before, but I'm really enjoying her scenes with Kristina. 

• Like 5
20 hours ago, ciarra said:

So, um, pendulum lights?  Cowbells? (middle of screen, not the wall sconce.)

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 22-11-09 General Hospital 9-26-23 Full Episode GH 26th September 2023.png

You know what this show needs... is more cowbell!

4 hours ago, ciarra said:

I think in most jobs, it's more problematic to fire someone who is in treatment.  Not sure if that applies to acting contracts.

ABCDisney has always been quick to drop actors like a hot rock if they threaten Disney's squeaky clean image (except Steve Burton after he made those racist comments at a fan event, however 🤨)

3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Pretty sure by next month I will be playing Molly. 

Best of luck to you! We'll be rooting for you as NunununununuMolly 😄

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I haven't watched the show. While I can make an effort and try to understand why Molly is the way she is, hateful and resentful and in need to get her head shrinked by some psychiatrist, what in the ever loving hell is TJ's problem?

I wondered that as well. After Kristina offered her congrats, TJ's expression looked like she had delivered some kind of threat or insult. I, too, asked myself, what his problem was. He should try to be part of the solution, not the problem. As the jack-of-all-trades doctor at GH, shouldn't his psychiatric experience helped him to figure out the interpersonal dynamics between the sisters?

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

I wondered that as well. After Kristina offered her congrats, TJ's expression looked like she had delivered some kind of threat or insult. I, too, asked myself, what his problem was. He should try to be part of the solution, not the problem. As the jack-of-all-trades doctor at GH, shouldn't his psychiatric experience helped him to figure out the interpersonal dynamics between the sisters?

Yeah, the "she's coming over here" like she was going to do them physical harm made NO sense. Molly has some serious mental disorder, as she seems to think that Kristina is some kind of devil incarnate, thus justifying Molly's cruelty to her. I don't know much about TJ but he seems to be an empty headed numpty that just takes in and agrees with everything Molly says. A real man would have challenged Molly on the "she's coming over here," been friendly to Kristina, and thanked her warmly for her best wishes. When is someone going to shut Molly down? Also was it her that wore the skintight blue dress? Lovely color, style not flattering. 

• Like 8
9 minutes ago, susannah said:

Yeah, the "she's coming over here" like she was going to do them physical harm made NO sense. Molly has some serious mental disorder, as she seems to think that Kristina is some kind of devil incarnate, thus justifying Molly's cruelty to her. I don't know much about TJ but he seems to be an empty headed numpty that just takes in and agrees with everything Molly says. A real man would have challenged Molly on the "she's coming over here," been friendly to Kristina, and thanked her warmly for her best wishes. When is someone going to shut Molly down? Also was it her that wore the skintight blue dress? Lovely color, style not flattering. 

I wonder if the actor playing TJ even knows. Despite TJ and Molly being together for a decade, he rarely shared scenes with Kristina prior to this storyline and those were mostly holidays and special events. I’d be surprised if we ever saw them having a one on one convo as crazy as that sounds.  

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 3

At this point they need to stop throwing Molly's at the wall hoping they'd stick and get a soap vet to play her.  

I wish your mom was there to see it too Brooke Lynn.  Hope Eddie's going to remember Lois.

Kristina's outfit was great. She needs to stop giving TJ and Molly time of day, what did she even do to warrant the "she's coming over here" like she's nothing or dangerous. 

Please no to whatever they want plan with Blaze and Kristina. 

Michael thinks going to a club bad for immune system but working at a hospital is ok? He's there to support Eddie? The same person he thinks turned Drew in? 

Sasha has a lot of restraint. She should have slapped Gladys. Dragged her by her hair out the door.  

Nice hearing an old Eddie Maine song.  

I don't think Esme was lying because the other text came in and then he's gone to NY.  

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Michael thinks going to a club bad for immune system but working at a hospital is ok? He's there to support Eddie? The same person he thinks turned Drew in? 

Michael wrt Willow - you're right, a hospital is FULL of sick people, who are spreading germs everywhere! Lots of people leave the hospital with some kind of illness after a short stay.

Well maybe Michael figure that even if Ned turned Drew in, Eddie didn't, so that's ok.  :-)

Edited by KittyQ
Added clarification.
1 hour ago, susannah said:

Why?

Because it's Blaze? She was a horrible addition before bringing her back for these music stories again won't change that. The good thing they did was getting rid of her.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Thank jebus Stepford Molly is gone. I didn’t see enough of nuXinfinityMolly to have an opinion, but she certainly can’t be any worse.

I was never a fan of Eddie Maine, so imagine my surprise when I found his performance today actually enjoyable. I’m placing my bets, though— he won’t finish that song until his muse shows up, in the form of Lois Cerullo.

• Like 4
  • Love 1