Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

The annoying part is when this whole storyline started, they actually had TJ telling Willow he couldn’t be her doctor because this wasn’t his specialty, and he couldn’t treat his friend. So at first he was just there for moral support. But as the person she kept turning to, he eventually somehow became her doctor. Except he’s not… but he is? I guess it’s a way to keep TJ on the canvas, but make up your mind, Show.

I think they just don't want to pay Cassandra James, which sucks. 

• Like 4

I wish in a surprise twist it would turn out that the person who called the SEC was none other than Lila Rae Quartermaine, a young business mogul rolling into town fresh from Stanford with her new boyfriend Cam. And also a lifelong hatred of all things Carly due to all the stories she heard from her mother. She could also be the one Quartermaine who doesn’t think sunshine comes out of Michael’s ass due the fact the in the end he was not a very good son to her Uncle AJ. I know it’s a character we haven’t seen onscreen since she was an infant but I’d rather have a character like her onscreen involved in Quartermaine shenanigans than Olivia. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

oh it's a repeat.. 

I forgot that GH shows repeats on holidays and briefly thought the show was already going to repeats due to the writers strike lol

• LOL 2

So I finally watched Kate Mansi's debut as Kristina and to my complete shock I don't hate her. 🤯 Is it possible she's learned to act since her last stint on Days?

Also, is Bitchsplaining a thing? Because that's totally what Sam was doing to Kristina re: the new outreach center. Can Sam just STFU and die now? Follow up question, seriously, can she?

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
On 5/26/2023 at 7:11 PM, YaddaYadda said:

She should never have been anywhere near him to start. Was anyone clamoring for a Robert/Diane "romance?"

IIRC, the decision was down to Diane or Olivia.  Both are horrible characters.  (yeah but) I thought that the dialogue between Diane and Robert would have been better than watching Olivia getting her fan girl on.  However, that mean-girl and ugly side of Diane that the writers/FV adroitly (imo) avoided for the past couple of months - reared its ugly head in her recent nastiness towards Nina.  Because she hadn't been on much this past decade, I hadn't noticed how horrible she was basically because most of her scenes were either with Sonny/Carly.  That type of spite doesn't just spontaneously occur. 

Carly's best friend who keeps criminals out of prison for a living is not what Robert Scorpio deserves.  Robert and Anna will always gel for me and Holly as a back-up for him.  There's no there - there - with Anna and Valentine. 

On the other-hand, at this point, I wouldn't mind Olivia having a one-nighter with Robert after she moves out of the Qs.  Robert takes one for the team (LC isn't hard on the eyes) and the Qs will only be better. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

It’s very weird that the only times we see Scout is when she’s about to do something with Drew considering that he’s so Carly focused most of the time, you wouldn’t even know he has a kid. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1

Sam; you can ask me to get leverage on Ned
Me: WHY DON'T YOU ASK NED TO JUST HELP

also. Michael really needs another face. but heh heh that pout when he found out Sonny is engaged to Nina. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

The best part of the episode was by far was the Victor will reading. It almost makes me regret him being gone. Correction -- the only thing that I didn't really hate.

"I can't hear often enough that Victor Cassadine is most truly and sincerely dead." I love Ava's snark.

Why is Drew holding up the pool at the Metro Court opening as a big thing for Scout? Don't tell me that the Quartermaines don't have their own pool. Most like indoors as well as outdoors.

"Ned's got the clout to make [the SEC charges] go away."  Really Drew and Sam? this is your take, that Ned has the influence to make the very justified charges go away so you're going to blackmail him to do it? There are so many things wrong with that that I don't know where to begin.

Also, how is it that Ned, who was disposable at ELQ because he was dead weight, has the clout to influence the SEC when genius CEO Michael doesn't?

i don't understand US law except what I hear in the news but how does the city's DA have any say over whether the federal SEC charges Carly or Sonny?

To Sam, the idea of her child's father possible going to prison must seem so familiar to Sam. We all thought that Drew was different but Carly has turned him into Jason light.

I understand why Trina doesn't want to move back into Portia and Curtis' house but college dorms are open during the summer too.

Joss' smugness that her boyfriend punched her childhood friend because her loyalty is allfor her current boyfriend is so Carlys.

"For what I pay Diane, she can afford to be in an awkward position."  Too bad Sonny doesn't know that Diane was volunteering to throw him to the feds in e3xchage for getting Carly off.

Hopefully Diane has put an end to any relationship with Robert for good.

• Like 9
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

I understand why Trina doesn't want to move back into Portia and Curtis' house but college dorms are open during the summer too.

it would depend on the situation. where i went to school the dorms were only available to students actively in classes. no classes, no dorm stay. (that was uni). when I was in college the "dorm" was basically set up like hotels, so i could pay too stay in the summer.

I know that Sonny is all "oh hey you know throw me under the bus carly." but the fact that Michael and Joss are insta "DO IT MOM" is disgusting.  again - this show is activelly making me defend Sonny, but Sonny totally deserves better than that. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Also, how is it that Ned, who was disposable at ELQ because he was dead weight, has the clout to influence the SEC when genius CEO Michael doesn't?

Because Ned has had years to build those relationships and Michael is too busy to do anything business-related because of his sick wife. 

Ned is useful only when he can do something for the Carlys, the same as they treat everyone else.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

The will reading was funny but most of the gifts were random as hell. I think they wanted to do somewhat of a repeat of Helena’s will reading but her gifts came off more intentional while insulting or hurtful. 

Sam offering to get dirt on Ned to save Drew and Carly from their crimes is gross. He’s one of her mother’s oldest friends. 

This is from the preview but Joss has worms for brains. Asking Carly why she’s sacrificing herself for Sonny but not turning him in. Dumbass, Sonny had nothing to do with your mom’s crimes. They’re both different kinds of criminals

• Like 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
23 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Sam offering to get dirt on Ned to save Drew and Carly from their crimes is gross. He’s one of her mother’s oldest friends. 

And Ned looked after her sister Kristina when she was a baby during that horrible Dobson storyline. Sam really is gross.

24 minutes ago, Daisy said:

it would depend on the situation. where i went to school the dorms were only available to students actively in classes. no classes, no dorm stay. (that was uni). when I was in college the "dorm" was basically set up like hotels, so i could pay too stay in the summer.

In Toronto, the vacated dorm rooms are available to rent over the summer so refugee groups sometimes use them while looking for longer term accommodation.

I know it's to have Joss talk about her beloved Dex and Spencer's conflict with him but Trina does have options.

ETA:

The fact that Michael and Joss are so quick to throw Sonny to the feds says a lot about how Carly and Sonny raised them as well as Carly's genes.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 7

Olivia's idea of being loyal to Ned is a lot different from mine.

"That's Mayor Laura Collins. Who are you?" Spencer, lose the attitude. Laura being mayor has nothing to do with Victor's will or its reading. 

15 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

The will reading was funny but most of the gifts were random as hell. I think they wanted to do somewhat of a repeat of Helena’s will reading but her gifts came off more intentional while insulting or hurtful. 

TFGH: Why come up with something new when you can recycle? I did love the finger that Valentin got. Hee. (Though they should have made it a lot clearer it was a middle finger.)

Didn't Portia give Trina a key to the house? She shouldn't have to ring the doorbell. No wonder she wants to live somewhere else.

27 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think GF and NLG broke character a couple times during that will reading. They both laughed pretty loudly at some of the gifts 

Also as Alexis is leaving, she tossed the tarot cards at Spencer and said something like, "you can have these".  The expression on NAC's face makes me think that was an ad lib on NLG's part.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

They made it seem like Spencer was the final bequest to see, but I can't remember what Laura's was.

I'm not sure what Robert is being so pissy about. Diane and Holly had a candid, mature conversation and Diane asked a valid question. It certainly wasn't the deciding factor. Or is he mad that Diane asked for insider information on the Carly/Drew/Sonny situation? 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I'm not sure what Robert is being so pissy about. Diane and Holly had a candid, mature conversation and Diane asked a valid question. It certainly wasn't the deciding factor. Or is he mad that Diane asked for insider information on the Carly/Drew/Sonny situation? 

My impression was that it was the latter. When they first sat down together, I thought it seemed like he was going to commit to a relationship with her. After Olivia and the insider information issues, he appeared to have changed his mind. 

I didn't want to see him with Diane in the first place, but if I were a grown woman like Diane and a man I was interested in basically told me that he was now interested in me because the other woman he was interested in had left town and didn't seem to want to pursue a relationship, I'm pretty sure I'd give him some walking papers, too, and tell him to find his consolation prize elsewhere. 

• Like 8
6 hours ago, Daisy said:

Sam; you can ask me to get leverage on Ned
Me: WHY DON'T YOU ASK NED TO JUST HELP

It's not as though Ned is walking around, telling anyone who will listen that he didn't blow the whistle, and would perhaps welcome the opportunity to show that he's on their side.

I did love genius Drew leaving a voicemail for Carly detailing that they plan to blackmail Ned. Not that evidence will ultimately matter since the show thinks Drew and Carly are in the right.

6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

i don't understand US law except what I hear in the news but how does the city's DA have any say over whether the federal SEC charges Carly or Sonny?

It's up to Robert because... reasons, of course.

I don't think I'll ever get used to Robert being the DA. It just feels wrong for him not to be a cop/spy.

6 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Because I've been rewatching earlier eras of the show, it reminded me of Damien Smith's will reading - except that that one felt more meaningful and wasn't just an excuse for a few jokes.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Trina makes excuse after excuse to forgive Spencer for all he does. But her mother is patched and she may never forgive. 

Where's everyone else for the will reading? Like his son? No Valentine but Ava and Martin? Why is it at Laura's?

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I thought that it was because Diane and Holly were deciding amongst themselves who would get Robert rather than letting Robert himself decided. The end result is that Diane convinced Holly to step away from Robert permanently.

If I were Robert, I would prefer to decide myself rather than have it decided for me.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, Artsda said:

Where's everyone else for the will reading? Like his son? No Valentine but Ava and Martin? Why is it at Laura's?

Laura wanted to hold the reading at her place.

Ava is there because she was invited by Victor.

Martin is there representing Valentin.

The other person who received an invitation is Sam, but I guess she decided it was better to chit chat with Not!Drew about digging dirt on Ned. That couch also seemed too small to hold a 4th person.

• Like 5
16 hours ago, Daisy said:

this show is activelly making me defend Sonny, but Sonny totally deserves better than that. 

At best, he deserves to be locked up in a cell in a super-max prison cell 23 hours out of 24 each day for the rest of his life. Sonny, Carly, Drew, and Michael are CRIMINALS and not nice folks (although they might donate or support a cause). They belong in prison and not on my screen.  Cam suffered more on-screen punishment than any of them.

Did Oscar play the harmonica?  Is that like Morgan's fondness for penguins?

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I thought that it was because Diane and Holly were deciding amongst themselves who would get Robert rather than letting Robert himself decided. The end result is that Diane convinced Holly to step away from Robert permanently.

If I were Robert, I would prefer to decide myself rather than have it decided for me.

I thought he was mostly annoyed that Diane was using their friendship/burgeoning relationship to  pump him for info. He made that comment about calling his office next time she wanted to do that.  

• Like 7
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The other person who received an invitation is Sam, but I guess she decided it was better to chit chat with Not!Drew about digging dirt on Ned. That couch also seemed too small to hold a 4th person.

LOL. I wondered why Sam wasn't there, especially as we saw her in the same episode, and she didn't give an reason why she wasn't going to be there.

What a half-assed will reading. Victor should be horrified from beyond the grave.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Too bad the structural integrity of the Q mansion is solid, because yesterday would've been a great day for the ceiling to have fallen in on the living room, thus taking out Olivia, Drewfus, and Sam.  I know if the head of the beast (aka Carly) isn't taken out the tendrils will grow back, but gotta keep fighting the good fight.

Spencer's contempt of Dex manifesting itself with violence isn't ok, but what's gross is Joss being pleased by Dex punching Spencer.  Maybe show an emotion that isn't a smirky smile, you fucking Carly.

Michael's sour face makes him look like he's always walking around with the worst wedgie.  

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Spencer's contempt of Dex manifesting itself with violence isn't ok, but what's gross is Joss being pleased by Dex punching Spencer.  Maybe show an emotion that isn't a smirky smile, you fucking Carly.

Absolutely WTF moment watching her smirk and practically giggle at knowing Dex punched Spencer and drew blood. 

I hate the mob and violence, but it's okay for my ex-military boyfriend to punch a nincompoop. 

• Like 7

Taggart assures Trina that nothing is going to change if Curtis is Trina's bio-dad but Trina is not sure. Smart girl, if Curtis is her father, he's going to immediately claim her and start telling her what to do.

Curtis: "The last thing I would ever do it try to take your father's place."  Me: lololol

Even as Trina was reading the DNA results, I was madly hoping that it would turn out to be Taggart who is her dad.  Poor Taggart. He didn't deserve that.

That said, could that endless discussion of who is going to the hospital and the results be any more boring?

I liked Victor's reference to "The great game" and got Kipling flashbacks.

"Spencer, I'd like to know what's in it too."  Good for Laura putting Spencer in his place.

"In Chechnya?" Ava: "Well it's guaranteed that I wouldn't go there."  lol

Nice bit of acting by FH on Anna's denying being worried about Victor's truth. Ditto Ava trying to steal Laura away from the idea of Nik being in Chechnya. But off Laura goes ... I guess it's time for Genie's vacation.

I so very bad;y want Carly to use the recording of Sonny and then find out that he was working with the feds. The Carlys are insufferable.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

RA did an excellent job in his reaction scenes. Marcus was trying to keep it all together but then lost it in the elevator. I so wanted him to be Trina’s bio Dad. He raised her so he is her father. Curtis is just the sperm donor. 

The Carly’s need to go away and pound sand. That is all. 😡

2 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

RA did an excellent job in his reaction scenes. Marcus was trying to keep it all together but then lost it in the elevator. I so wanted him to be Trina’s bio Dad. He raised her so he is her father. Curtis is just the sperm donor. 

The Carly’s need to go away and pound sand. That is all. 😡

ETA: Trina needs a place to live. How about with Taggert. 
Could Selena Wu have fudged with the results?

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Could Selena Wu have fudged with the results?

Of course*.  When has a DNA analysis ever been accurate at GH? 

*Ignoring Stella's 23 and Me results. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

We all knew this was going to happen, but good fucking grief this show is miserable to the 9th. Let's give Trina to Curtis to satisfy his baby rabies. 

At least Trina has set boundaries. I felt sorry for Taggert. 

I'm with Ava on Chechnya. 

Funny how Anna is given a paper to read in Russian and how we're reminded that she speaks Russian like 5 minutes before she is arrested. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that this has to do with her DVX past. If this is the case, then I don't really mind it, but GH is like all those reboots of movies and TV series we're been getting for the past years. Not sure what to write for a character, go into the vault, sift through old tapes.

Esme's histrionics are annoying and obnoxious. Ace is home, with people taking care of him. Take a deep breath useless character and suck the rest of the air out of the room. He also did not need his blanket to fall asleep, drama queen.

I don't care about the meeting of the Carlys. Too bad the ground didn't open up and swallow them down all the way to Hell.

• Like 8

I am going to assume that Taggert IS the father. they ddin't have that Selina "I can mess with the results" Wu say what she said for anything

(what happened with the Carlys?)
Anna got arrested?

• Like 3

LOL that Trina had to show a photo ID to get her DNA results. What happened to sending them in a letter anyone could open?

Poor Marcus. Why Trina would want to give Curtis the satisfaction of knowing he's her bio dad is beyond me. He's such a douche. 

RA was SO GOOD today. (Taggert didn't have to take it out on the  poor elevator, though I guess at least it wasn't a cake.)

Fingers crossed Selena did mess up the test so she can stick it to Curtis.

Am I to understand Marshall made some sort of meal for everyone that he's extremely proud of? It was such a blink-and-you'll-miss-it line.

I had to laugh at everyone being so relieved that Willow's bone transplant was over. It was like getting a blood transfusion. The hard part is still to come. That's what everyone should be concentrating on.

• Like 9
11 minutes ago, Daisy said:

they ddin't have that Selina "I can mess with the results" Wu say what she said for anything

But I still don't understand why she said and why she would do it.  Just so that Curtis could be happy?  What if Curtis didn't want to be the baby daddy?  I think it's just a way to bring Cortia back together and have Taggart leave for good, because he was barely around when Trina was his daughter including during her trial and kidanpping.  

12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

(what happened with the Carlys?)

Nothing.  Baby Cujo and Constipated Eyeore argued about the drive and wheter to give it to Mama Cujo so she can use it as her get out of jail free card, but sending Sonny to jail instead.    

12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Anna got arrested?

Agent Hursley showed up at the end and arrested her but wouldnt tell her why.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Am I to understand Marshall made some sort of meal for everyone that he's extremely proud of? It was such a blink-and-you'll-miss-it line.

He made gumbo. He had Portia taste it, then he tasted it out of the same spoon before he shoved the whole thing in his mouth, which I found gross.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

same spoon

I thought it was just me that was squicked by stuff like that.   Especially when people are cooking something, taste, then stick the spoon back in the pot, contaminating the entire dish. 

I also don't like the sharing of ice cream at Kelly's.  Cody and James, I'm talking to you. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He made gumbo. He had Portia taste it, then he tasted it out of the same spoon before he shoved the whole thing in his mouth, which I found gross.

I guess my original needed sarcasm quotes, because we heard for two episodes about that fucking gumbo. 

• LOL 1
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I guess my original needed sarcasm quotes, because we heard for two episodes about that fucking gumbo. 

I heard it, lol.

Also, I hope he made enough for everyone.../s

• Like 3

Real broke my heart today.  He struck all the right notes, reassuring Trina then falling apart on his own.  Poor Taggert.  He was never allowed to win with Sonny during his first run on this show and now he’s again losing to Curtis.  I hate that.

• Like 7
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I sincerely thought you fell asleep with your eyes open during the episode. Because it happens to me very frequently. Once I wondered if it was a condition, but the show is just bad.

• LOL 6
(edited)

The amount of fuss that Marshall made over that gumbo makes me think that he hardly ever does the cooking in Portia's and Curtis' house where he lives.

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Funny how Anna is given a paper to read in Russian and how we're reminded that she speaks Russian like 5 minutes before she is arrested. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that this has to do with her DVX past.

Victor bequeathed her "the truth" so I assume that he reported something to the WSB which may or may not be true.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I’m over Anna in general tbh and none of their revisits to past storylines have been done well so I have little interest in this. 

Over her?
Over.... her?

When were you.... under her?.

Sorry. just saw that scene from FRIENDS and couldn't help myself LOL

• LOL 9
15 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Over her?
Over.... her?

When were you.... under her?.

Sorry. just saw that scene from FRIENDS and couldn't help myself LOL

Lol I did like her before and Robin is a fave of mine. Anna’s just been on a downswing for me since the justice for Duke arc then the mess with Peter and recently with forcing Lucy into her dumb plan. I think I’m also slightly resentful that she’s the only vet that gets steady storylines while the others are lucky to get something meaty once every few years. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

This show really does excel at giving viewers what they DON'T want.  I'm stunned they gave Taggert that moment of grief, but I won't be stunned if that's the last we see of him for months.

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

I’m not sure if it’s absolutely necessary to write Laura out of town every year when GF goes on vacation. Why can’t they just say she’s busy or sick like Monica if something’s going on that she should be around for? It’s very weird to have a mayor out of town (and usually out of the country) anywhere between 3-5 months out of every year. Heck, I’m shocked that wasn’t brought up during her recall campaign. 

• Like 9
16 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’m not sure if it’s absolutely necessary to write Laura out of town every year when GF goes on vacation. Why can’t they just say she’s busy or sick like Monica if something’s going on that she should be around for? It’s very weird to have a mayor out of town (and usually out of the country) anywhere between 3-5 months out of every year. Heck, I’m shocked that wasn’t brought up during her recall campaign. 

Maybe she can go look for Kevin.  

• LOL 15