Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Lol the reason I ranted about this earlier is I’m pretty sure I know why it’s happening. LW’s contract probably has high guarantees and if they don’t feature her, they’d have to pay her not to work. But the writers probably have little interest in writing a storyline for her so they shove her into whatever’s going on that day. Her last story was that strange Jacksonville one. I’m pretty sure she still doesn’t have a job unless I blinked and missed it. 

I've read that she does have high minimums.  It's a contract so they're locked in.  But come contract renegotiation time, they cannot allow this again.   But my guess is they will anyway. 

• Like 6
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Yes, that single dose of chemo didn't work. Shocking. As someone who's had more chemo than she can keep track of, this annoys me to no end.

Nina can get hurt even if she's not with Sonny. Morgan is proof of that.

Preach GIF

22 minutes ago, Daisy said:

oh the that is weird.

wait. ONE dose?

Yes, the PSO didn't want to "hurt" the fetus and get treatment when she was diagnosed in her first trimester. And yes, just one treatment. And because that didn't work right away, they jumped on the bone marrow wagon and because she went from stage 1 to 4.

47 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Nina can get hurt even if she's not with Sonny. Morgan is proof of that.

I would enjoy it a lot. She doesn’t even have to die. Maybe then she will realize her perfect love is a killer who kills people and not just guy who sweeps up a bar.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I’m begging the show to reduce LW’s minimums. They clearly lost interest in giving her her own storylines and I am so tired of them shoehorning her into other people’s SLs. Why does she of all people need to know about what’s going on with Victor/Valentin? 

It’s absolutely ridiculous. If I ff all her scenes, I’ll have nothing left to watch. 🙄

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
57 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Gross how Michael jokes about eavesdropping. Willow is allowed some privacy and her own thoughts. Also, it's not as if she won't tell him. Ugh. Hello, emotional abuse, though the show would never admit that's what it is.

The show thinks it's romantic.  

• Like 7
3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I’m begging the show to reduce LW’s minimums. They clearly lost interest in giving her her own storylines and I am so tired of them shoehorning her into other people’s SLs. Why does she of all people need to know about what’s going on with Victor/Valentin? 

Does it even do her career any good?  She'd be better off doing other things now and then.  They've made room for others to do it.  

She gets more money, perhaps, but what is the good to the show?  May as well just give her a raise.  

• Like 3

- Drew and Carly demanding Valentin give them a good reason to not go blab all over town that he's alive as if they are the judge and jury of Port Charles.  God, fuck off, you two.  And take your judgmental, screeching mother with you. 

- The more Dex tells his ~origin story the stupider it sounds.  So, like, an employment agency for Shady Shit?  Sounds legit.

- The 'huh?' look on Willow's face when Drew asked her what SHE wants says it all.  It's always "Michael, Michael, Michael."  Gotta make Michael happy, gotta keep Michael satisfied.  That the show doesn't realize how emotional manipulative this makes Michael seem--if not downright emotionally abusive--that says it all.

• Like 10
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2

Oh do STFU, Bobbie! I knew she was a nasty piece of goods when she first showed up. And yes, a cheerleader and enabler for her spawn of a harridan. But when did she revert to the mentality of a Mean Girl?

I don’t remember her doing JACK SHIT over the years when Lucy put together and hosted the Nurses Ball. All Maxie ever did was that skit when she was a tween of “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” with Robin and Georgie.

And Maxie SUCKS at being a friend. Let’s people like the likes of Bobbie and the SHEBEAST talk shit about them and her supposed family, without even trying to defend them.

Add me to the chorus of the RETCON of Spencer being named after Luke. PUH-LEAZE.

And Cujo has never given any shits about being a Spencer! She had the name of Benson, and then Corinthos for 99% of her years on this show. She has NO BUSINESS being involved n the Cassadine plot. She can also, along with Pod!Drew, FUCK OFF.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 9
  • Applause 7
1 hour ago, SiouxB said:

Wait...Didn’t Spencer agree to Trina’s plan the other day ?

If so, why was he asking Victor today for help with his “little brother” ?

(take a drink).... 🥃

Because he is an idiot.

Sure Trina plan is dumb as fuck, but at least she isn't asking someone who is okay kidnapping children and killing women. Victor is worse than Esme pre-amnesia, but sure Spencer go ask him for help.

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh do STFU, Bobbie! I knew she was a nasty piece of goods when she first showed up. And yes, a cheerleader and enabler for her spawn of a harridan. But when did she revert to the mentality of a Mean Girl?

My thoughts exactly. A total mean girl. The last few eps when she has been on has me hating her. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

"My little brother" is the new "NINE MONTHS"  which was the new "Pennsylvania side of the river".  

They took "my daughter!" for a spin there too, when Nina first found out. 

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Add me to the chorus of the RETCON of Spencer being named after Luke. PUH-LEAZE.

Nikolas saw Luke as his mother's rapist. He did not want to befriend Luke nor did he see Luke as a father figure. Their relationship never evolved beyond grudging politeness. Nik would have gladly seen Luke dead if not for the fact it would have hurt his siblings.  Luke, on the other hand, saw Nikolas as a child of rape* and would have been perfectly happy to attend his funeral. Why would Nikolas have ever named his son after LUKE? Spencer is a tribute to Nikolas' siblings brother and sister. 

*I clearly remember an interview where Tony Geary said that was the mentality he brought to his scenes with Nikolas. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

Willow is not the only one with a cult member mentality. Spencer is totally being led around by Victor and nothing anyone says, including his grandmother, opens his eyes.

7 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I kind of can't stand Lucy and her shenanigans. Bobbie can take a leap off a cliff. The woman is "dead" and she won't even leave her rest in peace. She's such a snot.

She may not have raised Carly but the resemblance is unmistakable.

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Maxie SUCKS at being a friend. Let’s people like the likes of Bobbie and the SHEBEAST talk shit about them and her supposed family, without even trying to defend them.

At being a friend, and at being a sister-in-law. The minute she's with Carly and Bobbie, all her loyalty to Lucy, her partner in Deception, and to Nina, James' aunt, is gone.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Brooklyn looked sharp today and struck the right chord with Willow and Michael until she descended into her Chase infatuation.  She better be sharp - Tracy will soon be on (but not soon enough).

This sudden changing of Joss and Michaels' attitudes towards Sonny's criminal lifestyle seems to be more about them disapproving their father's partner.  I mean if there was an event that precipitated the change, it might make sense.  I hate the mob and wish that the show focused on the hospital.  I am thrilled that Carson is in the rear view mirror.  So it is great that two characters with tons of screen time say bad things about mob life.  But hating Nina seems much more important than hating the mob lifestyle for these two.  Can't get any satisfaction from this show.  Crumbs - like cutie Donna giving a great big hug to Nina in front of Carly.  Not exactly a big payoff but it's better than Carly and business partner giving nasty looks to Valentin instead of being glad that he wasn't killed or murder.  

CW was delightful today as those tears did not hide the the joy of the possibility of more more tea/martini time with Maura instead of helping MB stumble through his lines.  Maybe she can work her charm on Curtis.

I will pull up a seat for one, but I enjoyed Barbara Jean's long-overdue scene with Victor about Luke's 'death'.  It's a nice change for her to deliver lines other than how awesome her daughter is.           

Edited by sunnyface
carly
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Spencer is totally being led around by Victor and nothing anyone says, including his grandmother, opens his eyes.

Spencer thinks Victor can help him get custody of the giant baby, which is his sole focus these days, so he's going to buddy up to Victor as much as possible to make that happen.

• Like 4

Are we supposed to be charmed or amused by Lucy's antics regarding the Nurses Ball?  Yes, it's a worthwhile cause that she is very much apart of but is it more important than gathering evidence to put away a dangerous criminal?

I hope Anna uses her martial art skills and karate chops Lucy into submission for being this unbelievably self-absorbed.  And this may be an unpopular opinion, but if Drew and Carly being involved makes this story line wrap up faster, more power to them.

I think Spencer is so deeply hurt by Esme and his dad's actions that he's operating completely out of spite--Laura needs to help reel in his anger or he's going to lose any access he has to the baby.

I've said it before but it bears repeating, if the show plans on Dex being a major player wit his own storyline, he needs to step up his acting.  

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

At being a friend, and at being a sister-in-law. The minute she's with Carly and Bobbie, all her loyalty to Lucy, her partner in Deception, and to Nina, James' aunt, is gone.

yeah. like i know the focus was supposed to be a hijinx ha ha scene. but all i got was here is Lucy, who has been a great friend and support to Bobbie during the years, and she's listening to said good friend legit talk crap about her and her accomplishments to a cause that means a crap tonne to Lucy.  and quite frankly Maxie sitting there just smiling uncomfortably is not enough. say something.

Truthfully i kind of wish this wasn't going well, so it did solidify Lucy's claim that it takes a lot of damned work to put on a event like this (and as i said before - it drives me bananas that an event THIS HUGE - people believe it can be put together in 3 weeks. it's not even Soap-logical). 

I don't really like the hijinx going on right now, but I don't blame Lucy for going stir-crazy either. She's only in this messs because Anna couldn't be a grown woman and confront Valentine herself, she had to blackmail Lucy & Martin to get involved in this drama. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

In the GH in my head, Nina took a moment to absorb the bodyguard/shooting stuff and told Carly “yeah, I’m not cut out for this mob business.  You can have him.”

Carly’s and later Drew’s involvement in the Valentin stuff is taking me to rage blackout territory.  I fear we’re headed to an ELQ blackmail type thing where sainted Michael ends up the winner as CEO again.  It’s going to be funny watching Drew play hard ball with his unshakably affable demeanor.

Do we have an unintended Joss pregnancy on the way?  Just about all of the Joss/Dex scenes end in them screwing.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Maxie SUCKS at being a friend.

I’ve noticed this too!  First she lets Carly and company trash Nina for something completely irrational. Like why in the world would Nina say no to hosting the Nurses Ball??  It doesn’t even make sense.  Then yesterday with throwing Lucy under the bus, she just sat there with a dumb look on her face.  If she’s not going to say anything in her friends’ defense at the very least she could just refuse to laugh along with the mean girl-ness of it all.

• Like 4
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, ljr said:

Do dex and joss ever go dates? Everytime they talk.tgey end up in bed

They don't go on dates in public because they aren't supposed to be together. Though now that Sonny knows and doesn't seem to care, I don't see why they can't go to Charlie's or something. Sonny knowing Dex and Joss are together might just prevent him (Sonny) from shooting Dex on the spot if he (Sonny) discover's Dex's betrayal, should that happen.

• Useful 3
18 minutes ago, ljr said:

I guess they are avoiding being seen together hence no public dates but you’re right. They don’t even show them doing date-like things in private. Like they can’t hang out and watch a movie together or having a romantic dinner? Or hell, go on dates out of town where people wouldn’t see them. That’s what  makes them come off as a shallow, f buddy situation when I’m sure it’s supposed to look like Joss’ big adult relationship since they have soooo much sex

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, ljr said:

Do dex and joss ever go dates?

They can't go on dates because their love is one that must be kept quiet so as not to arouse the anger of Sonny.  Even though Sonny didn't even blink an eye when Spencer told him last week that Joss was doing it with Dex.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I still cannot believe this show, which was hard up for nickels a few years ago, is now able to spend money on an actual live fucking horse. The production value is not perfect but has majorly come up in the world in the last couple cycles, esp compared to Y&R and DAYS. Back in the Carlivati days Frank would've just shown us the silhouette of an abandoned plastic carnival horse and had some vague whinnying noises offscreen. You know that when COVID Steve comes back Comet is headed to the Elmer's factory though. I'm just waiting for this horse to end up in the terrible Powerpoint opening just like every local core child who utters two syllables.

Valentin whining about Lucy makes me want to murder the Mr. B Natural of the Cassadine clan that much more. Also, Marshall is the only man I've ever seen who seems disappointed that he is not schizophrenic and has been laboring under a martyred delusion for decades. He also regularly possesses the same singular facial expression as Morn from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Every time he enters a scene I finish his dialogue for him: "Just wanted to let y'all know I have a new hat... me and the hat wanted to stop by and check on you."

This has been your disconnected jsbt Port Charles moment.

9 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Are we supposed to be charmed or amused by Lucy's antics regarding the Nurses Ball?  Yes, it's a worthwhile cause that she is very much apart of but is it more important than gathering evidence to put away a dangerous criminal?

Yes, because this Valentin's House Party (Come and Get It) storyline is among the most boring things I've ever seen. I cannot believe I sat through multiple days of Deputy Mayor Hospital and her struggles with Brokedick Grandpa.

Edited by jsbt
  • LOL 6

So I guess they have Michael being outraged about Joss/Dex instead of Sonny. He freaked out at seeing them together and ordered Dex to leave town tonight. Slightly surprising considering that he rarely differs his opinions from mommy and she’s known about them this entire time and thought it was cute because Joss is just like her. 

Side note, I’m assuming the Dex actor was cast with the intention of being Joss’ love interest. Wonder why they chose to go for someone who looks like her brother’s twin 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3

All of the angst for the Carlys is such low stakes and forced. All of the secrecy with Michael being the secret boss and Joss/Dex being together in secret but when it comes out, there’s nothing. Joss is on the same side as them and agrees that Sonny needs to be taken down so why did they bother keeping these secrets? Same with Drew/Carly “secret” relationship when no one cares about them hooking up

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

this is BSery. 
Michael is "prepared" for Avery, Donna, Dante & Kristina's anger and disappointment when Sonny goes to jail... so if you are SO prepared for it then why the hell didn't you just go to the PCPD and spill all the tea and own the fact you want to screw your father over. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2

Have they finally made it clear that it’s Sonnys kids versus Carlys kids because Michael agreed to keep Joss knowing a secret because he knows Dante and Kristina would be angry at her

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
59 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Have they finally made it clear that it’s Sonnys kids versus Carlys kids because Michael agreed to keep Joss knowing a secret because he knows Dante and Kristina would be angry at her

i said that for ages. Joss and Michael are pissed because Sonny didn't chose Mommy and they can't handle it. Dante and Kristina were adult enough to see how it was complicated and trusted his father's decisions.. 

(Dante's speaking about it right now. Sonny ACTUALLY put his family first for ages. but since for Carly & MIchael that = murdering someone, they didn't believe Sonny)

Edited by Daisy
because Dante is DEF. not Michael. thank God.
  • Like 9

Joss asking why she would be in the line of fire. How quickly did she forget all of the years she ended up on a lockdown or had to have a bodyguard because her stepfather was a mob boss but she doesn’t think she’d be targeted when she dates someone in the mob? She can’t be this dense

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
Just now, ffwbe said:

Joss asking why she would be in the line of fire.

Maybe because she's attached herself to a dude block of wood who is constantly in...the line of fire?  Just a thought!

It does become clearer by the day why Joss was wait-listed to Fake Dream School University of Contrivance.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Joss asking why she would be in the line of fire. How quickly did she forget all of the years she ended up on a lockdown or had to have a bodyguard because her stepfather was a mob boss but she doesn’t think she’d be targeted when she dates someone in the mob? She can’t be this dense

and again. as i always scream. what would be really good. is if this dipstick got seriously damaged, or injured or something so she can realize this is like. NOT a game. 

to be fair i was not watching but WHY does Joss luurrveeeeeeee Dex so much. all they talk about is Joss's life and how she hates Sonny.. (well maybe that's why. Joss found a mirror)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I see that that Carlys narcissism is catching since now Drew thinks that Anna, Valentin, Robert and Laura can't defeat Victor without his shooting skills.

WHY WOULD VALENTIN TELL THE WHOLE PLAN TO CARLY AND DREW????? Neither of them are smart enough and trustworthy enough not to blow it. Especially Carly who has never encountered a person or situation that she wouldn't betray to benefit herself. Everyone is so obsessed with secrecy about this but Valentin tells all to the biggest blabber mouths in town.

Carly and Drew acting like he's going off to war and they may never have their love again so so stupid and over the top. And Drew, Anna, Valentin and Robert really don't need you. At all.  All three of them are WSB and weapons trained.

I thought that Sonny already knew about Joss and Dex and didn't care. What is all this hysteria with Michael that Sonny Must. Not. Find. Out.

Look how noble Michael is, willing to bear the wrath of Kristina and Dante and the devastation of Donna and Avery. What a guy!

Sonny is such a meanie, forcing Joss and Dex not to see each other. Oh, wait, that's Michael.

"For my self-absorbed teenager to notice that Nina is upset, she must really be upset."  Dante is at his best when he's being a a good person.

Nice scenes with Dante and Sonny. Way to get Sonny to maybe quit the business.

Having Willow push Chase to a romance with Brook Lynn is such a mistake in my eyes because Chase/Willow was so much better than Chase/Brook Lynn and Millowtonin.

Also, shut up Willow. Brook Lynn really hurt Chase and it's not fair to him to minimize that to appease your guilty conscience at how you treated him.

22 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

And did Willow even ask who her biological father is? Any curiosity toward that?

Not at all. I guess that anyone who would sleep with Nina is not worth knowing about.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

What exactly happened with Holly's last return and what is happening now? Someone got set on fire? I am so confused. What year is it?

My friend is right: Sans beard, Drew increasingly resembles Woody from Toy Story.

Edited by jsbt
  • LOL 11
2 hours ago, ljr said:

They can'r go out in public because of Sonny apparently.

13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

WHY WOULD VALENTIN TELL THE WHOLE PLAN TO CARLY AND DREW????? Neither of them are smart enough and trustworthy enough not to blow it. Especially Carly who has never encountered a person or situation that she wouldn't betray to benefit herself. Everyone is so obsessed with secrecy about this but Valentin tells all to the biggest blabber mouths in town.

Carly and Drew acting like he's going off to war and they may never have their love again so so stupid and over the top. And Drew, Anna, Valentin and Robert really don't need you. At all.  All three of them are WSB and weapons trained.

This is exactly what I was thinking!!  Such a stupid storyline.

I guess Carly needs to invest in a secret love shack so she can meet with her secret lover Mon, Wed Fri and her daughter can meet with her secret lover Tues,Thurs, Sat , and Sun (Dex being younger then Drew 😜) Or maybe they can give Sunday for Lucy and Martin.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
16 minutes ago, jsbt said:

What exactly happened with Holly's last return and what is happening now? Someone got set on fire? I am so confused.

Robert found out Holly was being blackmailed by Victor; they set up a plan for her to get blown up and fire burn her HORRIBLY, so she could escape and try to find her spawn. That way, Victor wouldn't have leverage against her.

Now apparently, Holly's coming back?

• Useful 1

I enjoyed Michael's exasperation that Joss knows everything about his idiotic get-Sonny plan. But why is it okay that Dante and Kristina will be mad and Donna and Avery will be disappointed but Joss has to be kept away from all of that?

I can't bear another minute of this stupid Maxie vs. Lucy tussle over the Nurses Ball. Maxie was doing just fine with the planning before Lucy's ego raised its gigantic head. I know the NB is her raison d'être, but she needs to get a grip.

• Like 1

So, the show is telling us that Robert, Anna and Valentin's combined 50 plus years of WSB experience are not enough to take down Victor, that they need businessman "I've never heard of insider trading" Drew to help them????  Maybe if Billy was still playing Drew, because he always looked like he was ready to chew his leg out of a bear trap, but Cam's Drew?  Nope.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 6

If Anna had dug a hole to bury Lucie, I would have brought the bulldozer so that it would go faster. Lucy is insufferable. I really wish Victor had seen her. I hate 60 years old people who don't understand anything about anything and proceed to behave like children.

Did not care for the Willow/Chase scenes or that awkward hug between Chase and Michael. Why do I have to suffer through this?

Yes, Dex! Leave town and drag Joss with you. She can facetime her sisters.

Drew in a storyline to take Victor down makes sense. Carly tagging along doesn't. Also, we still don't know what Victor is up to. As far as we know, he wants his family to stick together because something big is coming and has a limp dick to contend with. I think it's pretty sad to have an actor like CS and just having the character circling the drain like that.

Just now, perkie1968 said:

So, the show is telling us that Robert, Anna and Valentin's combined 50 plus years of WSB experience are not enough to take down Victor, that they need businessman "I've never heard of insider trading" Drew to help them????  Maybe if Billy was still playing Drew, because he always looked like he was ready to chew his leg out of a bear trap, but Cam's Drew?  Nope.  

And who will give them those pep talks when they feel like failures? Who, if not Dr. Drewfus?

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Why is Val going Victor Cassadine. we know his last name.

A lot of people on soaps do this but it’s especially weird since Victor is his dad!

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

it’s Sonnys kids versus Carlys kids

I mean if we’re choosing sides I’m going Sonny’s kids all day, every day.  I’ll take Dante and Krissy over Michael and Joss in any fight, be it physical or mental.

In other news, Anna and that ridiculous hat were far more conspicuous than mousy librarian Lucy.  I mean seriously what WAS that?!

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Robert found out Holly was being blackmailed by Victor; they set up a plan for her to get blown up and fire burn her HORRIBLY, so she could escape and try to find her spawn. 

What on Earth has happened to Dirty Dodge now?

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

y'all. I can't. I can't with the fact that Chase is being all buddy buddy with his ex wife who cheated on him and hurt in the most horrendous way

And Cam wanting to be friends with Joss after cheating on him and threatening to have him killed if he spilled about her and new boytoy 

• Like 10
8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
17 minutes ago, jsbt said:

What on Earth has happened to Dirty Dodge now?

Supposedly, Victor's minions/thugs are holding him hostage.

Victor needs to step up his game and kill Ethan. It's time to show Port Charles that Victor means business.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1