Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I don't hate Nina but she's doing a little too much in this episode! Girl, you don't have to tell that man everything you see or suspect. Come on! LOL! It's like she's trying to cause problems. Calm down, Nina! 

Everything about Willow is boring - even when I have her muted! I don't care about this search for her mom, esp. since we all know who that is. This story needs to be over already.  Drew is such a massive disappointment. What a waste of a character. 

Why is Dex still in that dorm room? Why is he not in a hospital somewhere? He could be dropped off at the ER and leave before the police get there. Take him to Mercy or something. I'm sick of looking up and seeing him sweating in that bed! He got shot last week, right? Jason would have healed by now. LOL! 

Is there a reason we should care about this phone? Dex isn't sexting Josslyn so who cares!! Am I missing something? 

I wish I could care about Liz's story b/c it was the main one I cared about months ago but . . . .  . . it's all falling flat to me. Don't care about her parents, Reiko, or Fiz. They took too long to start this story. Is it over now? If it is - talk about anti-climactic! Is Reiko returning to cause trouble? If not, what was the point? Something has to happen w/this story beyond Jeff returning, right? We didn't waste months for nothing, right? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RedElf said:
1 hour ago, RedElf said:
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Although in this case, Dex is both Sonny (mob) and Jason (true love). Cameron is AJ.

I hope Cam doesn't get murdered and then forgotten

I hope Cam doesn't get fat....

• LOL 8

"Michael is perplexed" was one of the previews for today's show in my cable guide, LOL.

Nina didn't learn a thing from the TJ-Willow debacle. She knows Carly and Brick are friends. So what if they're meeting in his hotel room? Gah. I hate how they're writing Nina as such an idiot.

I loved Elizabeth's coat.

Oh, Nik. Cassadine Island is hardly a secret location. What a dunce. And hey, Nik, I'm pretty sure Ava might have something to say about having a kid, especially at her age. I wish this show would stop it with the idea that women want babies forever.

If Dex's temperature is 104, he should be hallucinating, not having yet another dumb conversation with Joss about why he's still working for Sonny. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

If Dex's temperature is 104, he should be hallucinating, not having yet another dumb conversation with Joss about why he's still working for Sonny. 

Ugh . . . is that what they talked about? I had them muted!

I have no interest in them as a pairing b/c I cannot stand Josslyn, but if the plan is to make them some super hot couple, they need to move on from her irrational Sonny hate. That's going to get boring and repetitive. 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If Dex is so fevered, I would think the obvious plot point would be for him to let slip to Joss that he's working for Michael. Then the question becomes: what does Joss do? Does she keep quiet? (Yes, I hear you all laughing.) Does she fear for Dex's safety? Does this cause conflict with Michael, who is endangering Dex's life? Does Dex's duplicity give her pause at all? Or does the knowledge that Dex isn't really on Team Sonny totally vindicate her feelings for him and make her even more smug?

I guess I'm thinking like a writer - what if this happened, how would the characters react? - I don't actually care about Joss. Or Dex.

Nina is wearing my nerves. I get her interest in her grandson, but can she please find something else to care about that isn't Michael and Willow (who, while I'm up, should be having at the very least an emotional affair with TJ) or Carly? Does Crimson still exist? 

ETA: Ava must really love Nikolas. Otherwise she'd surely be plotting his murder by now.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

Sorry, Show, playing tinkly romantic music while Joss and Dex talk can't make me root for them. Joss has a boyfriend, remember? A lovely, decent person who certainly deserves better treatment at Joss's hands than he's getting.

"Someone out there knows the truth about who you really are." Yeah, the person you're so desperate to pork, Drew.

• Applause 10
  • Love 2

The beauty of watching a recorded episode is that I could FF through all of the Joss/Dex nonsense. It's going to be a painful triangle before Joss finally dumps Cam.

Nina needs to stop sticking her nose it doesn't belong. Who are you? Gossip Girl? Stop it, already!

Yes, Drew, the person who knows the truth about Willow's family is one degree separation from Willow, it's that vile woman you're panting after. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

If Nik tells people that where Esme is, she gets arrested. Why isn't he using that to keep her in line?

Why didn't the show do the teen stories during the summer when they're traditionally done? Maybe because Joss/Dex couldn't be any duller.

What exactly does Aurora do? Drew is always offering it to help Carly and her family but what does it do? The Invader seems to be the only paper in town.

Is the show really going to destroy Drew on the altar of Carly and her lies?  Silly question.

Ethics question: If Brick works for Sonny and he is doing illegal stuff for Carly (prescribing without a license), is he obligated to tell Sonny?

2 hours ago, lala2 said:

Is there a reason we should care about this phone? Dex isn't sexting Josslyn so who cares!! Am I missing something?

Everything about Michael is missing something. But what he should be doing is getting the texts from Sonny about Dex doing illegal stuff and using it to get Sonny in trouble with the police.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Ethics question: If Brick works for Sonny and he is doing illegal stuff for Carly (prescribing without a license), is he obligated to tell Sonny?

When I read this, the first thing I thought was, "I'm sure that's in the employee manual / company policies folder". :-)

More seriously, can anybody expect any of the mobster types to be ethical, except by accident? I suspect that on a pragmatic level, Sonny would require that people working for him not do anything that would a) compete with his (illegal or legal) business or b) draw unwanted attention to his (illegal) business. It seems that this prescription business might blow up in someone's face, so Brick really should have clued Sonny in. Of course, Brick doesn't know (does he?) that Dex is "working" for Sonny, or that would make this dilemma easier. Also, why isn't Sonny wondering where the heck Dex is after the van accident?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Brick really should have clued Sonny in. Of course, Brick doesn't know (does he?) that Dex is "working" for Sonny, or that would make this dilemma easier.

Yes, Brick knows Dex is Sonny's new Jason.  He had Brick run a background check on his and they were even talking about him yesterday before Carly called.  Sonny should see this as a huge ~betrayal, but I'm sure since Carly is involved it'll be shrugged off.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I will admit it has been quite a while since I went to university, but since when do dorms have nice upholstered headboards on the beds?

Why can't anyone know Joss has Dex in her room? Cover him with a duvet and say he's feeling unwell. Why the secrecy?

Why can't Esme go to jail until after the baby is born? She'd get prenatal care in prison.

OMG, Carly visited Brick in his hotel room! The scandal!! What is this, the 1950s?

If Michael is planning to do a bone marrow drive for Willow, why not tell Drew why they are looking for her biological parents? Won't he figure it out when he sees the signs about the drive?

So many questions. No answers.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If Nik tells people that where Esme is, she gets arrested. Why isn't he using that to keep her in line?

If Esmé weren't pregnant, he'd have sold her out in a heartbeat. But she is pregnant, and healthcare in jail isn't exactly stellar.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

OMG, Carly visited Brick in his hotel room! The scandal!! What is this, the 1950s?

Yes. This show suddenly decided to set it during this era since Diane opened her pie hole about how SLS needed a girlfriend/wife who didn't have any skeletons in her closet if he wanted to get custody of Wiley.

• LOL 4
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If Esmé weren't pregnant, he'd have sold her out in a heartbeat. But she is pregnant, and healthcare in jail isn't exactly stellar.

Still, he could use it as a threat.  It's ridiculous that she always has the upper hand.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Is there a code of conduct for mobsters?

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If Dex's temperature is 104, he should be hallucinating,

He would also be a serious risk for convulsions.

I'm afraid someone has spiked my drink with the Kool-aide because I like Dex and he actually made Joss palatable to me today.

I hate the idea of Cam getting his heart broken, so I hope he breaks up with Joss to go to Stanford or because he meets someone else.  

• Like 1

Joss: "Why are you loyal to Sonny--you can't even call him for help."

Rewind to last week: "You can't use my phone to call Sonny."

Also, again I ask why Willow and Michael didn't even give a thought to hiring a private eye to find Willow's birth family rather than Mr. Rogers volunteering his vast, nebulous, unknown cabal of "investigative reporters?"  And it appears that idiot hasn't even contemplated the thought that Carly lied to him about the DNA test.  Another character sacrificed at the GH altar of that shrew.

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Also, why isn't Sonny wondering where the heck Dex is after the van accident?

He sent Sonny a message saying he was going to lie low for a while. So there's that. 

Also, I don't think Brick forged a prescription for the antibiotics. He just knew where to go to get them -- still illegal, but whatever. The mobster underground probably had a supply.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

So I'm supposed to believe that Austin (who is relatively new in PC) is the go-to doctor to fix up his family's shady people but Sonny, (who has been in PC for forever) doesn't have a connection in or out of GH to fix up his own shady people? 

The background story of Willow growing up in a commune and not really being Harmony's child always reminded me of something and I finally figured it out. There was a similar story about a young boy in season 2 of The Sinner. He lived in a commune with a woman that claimed to be his mother but wasn't. This isn't the first time that I've suspected the GH writers borrow ideas from other shows.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, again I ask why Willow and Michael didn't even give a thought to hiring a private eye to find Willow's birth family rather than Mr. Rogers volunteering his vast, nebulous, unknown cabal of "investigative reporters?"  And it appears that idiot hasn't even contemplated the thought that Carly lied to him about the DNA test.  Another character sacrificed at the GH altar of that shrew.

If this was original Drew saying he would investigate Willow's background, I would have been ok, he'll get it done. This Drew is a moron. 

And when he finds out Carly lied, he'll put his hand on her shoulder, tell her he understands why she did it, even though his ass has been all about how he wanted to know who his family was and understands what Willow is going through. Because Carly must be understood at all cost.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2

Liz is being awfully casual about Nik holding a pregnant woman hostage. She even admitted she did not think Esme was trying to hurt her. Why would she even get herself involved in that shit with everything else she has going on? Especially after what Nik did to Hayden. I will just assume that even though she is no longer "Reiko repressed," she is still "daddy  demento". 

• Applause 2
1 minute ago, TVbitch said:

Liz is being awfully casual about Nik holding a pregnant woman hostage. She even admitted she did not think Esme was trying to hurt her. Why would she even get herself involved in that shit with everything else she has going on? Especially after what Nik did to Hayden. I will just assume that even though she is no longer "Reiko repressed," she is still "daddy  demento". 

I think it's because Nik convinced her that Esme is the hook.  So Liz believes she's a serial killer who could conceivably have her own son, Cam, on her list.   But just call Dante.  I don't like when Nik gets to Liz this way.  

• Like 3
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Everything about Michael is missing something. But what he should be doing is getting the texts from Sonny about Dex doing illegal stuff and using it to get Sonny in trouble with the police.

If there ARE texts from Sonny, telling Dex to do "illegal stuff,," and Michael uses the info to bring down Sonny, wouldn't Dex get arrested for carrying out the orders?   So, Michael doesn't give a rat's ass that HIS flunky ends up in jail too?  I guess Dex doesn't care either since he's all gung-ho about working for Michael.    

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, sas616 said:

If there ARE texts from Sonny, telling Dex to do "illegal stuff,," and Michael uses the info to bring down Sonny, wouldn't Dex get arrested for carrying out the orders?   So, Michael doesn't give a rat's ass that HIS flunky ends up in jail too?  I guess Dex doesn't care either since he's all gung-ho about working for Michael.    

And if Dex ends up being AJ's son, (which I am really hoping for), then Michael will have screwed over his brother.   

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't get why he just doesn't let her get arrested. She can't raise a baby if she's in prison. He would get custody. And everyone is going to find out about the baby eventually anyway, right? 

I can't wait for Laura to find out he banged his son's girlfriend. I was dying for Spencer to tell her the other day. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, CeChase said:

And if Dex ends up being AJ's son, (which I am really hoping for), then Michael will have screwed over his brother.   

I usually roll my eyes at the long lost family member story being trotted out over and over again (to many examples to list) but this would be AMAZING!!  Which is why it won’t happen.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I usually roll my eyes at the long lost family member story being trotted out over and over again (to many examples to list) but this would be AMAZING!!  Which is why it won’t happen.

Otoh, Joss would be dating her brother's brother, which is totally GH.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, sas616 said:

Michael really doesn't care about anyone but himself and his family (Carly and Joss). He doesn't even care about Wylie except pro forma because he doesn't care that Wylie was suddenly taken away from the only parents he had ever known (Lucas and Brad) or that now he can't see his grandparents who he clearly cares about.

Michael has convinced Dex that Sonny is A Bad Man and Dex is seeking redemption for something in his past. Michael is Svengali to Dex's Trilby.

4 hours ago, CeChase said:

I'd like to see that. But if Dex is going to be Joss' love interest and a mob hero, he won't be AJ's son.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Michael has convinced Dex that Sonny is A Bad Man and Dex is seeking redemption for something in his past. Michael is Svengali to Dex's Trilby.

It's all so stupid. Sonny is a mobster: OF COURSE he's a bad man. It's so dumb this point is even debated. If Dex had more smarts, he'd be wary of Michael, not Sonny, since Michael is the one with the nebulous reasons for wanting Sonny to go down. I continue to think Michael is a gutless worm for not doing his dirty work himself, but he learned that from Sonny, the man he hates for the moment.

Nik can't hire guards worth a damn. I hope Dmitri (or whatever his name is) helping Esmé escape is worth losing the hefty Christmas bonus Nik hinted at earlier. 

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'd like to see that. But if Dex is going to be Joss' love interest and a mob hero, he won't be AJ's son.

He should be AJ's son just so that Carly can combust at the idea of her perfect daughter dating to son of a man she loathed.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

I agree with everyone else about the massive hypocrisy regarding Dex.  So when Jason was Sonny’s minion he was a saint but now Dex is just a moron.  Whatever, show.

It was kinda sketch of Nina to assume things about Willow and TJ but I can let that slide.  However I hope it’s not becoming a pattern.  Now she’s on about Carly and Brick.  Not a good look.

I’m so glad Elizabeth is getting the chance to tell her dad in person what a gigantic screw up he was as a parent.  I loved her line that he might have known who she was as a child, but he has no idea who she is now.  Very presumptuous of him to say they are alike. 

Temp Nik doesn’t work for me.  He looks more like one of Sonny’s thugs.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 5

I was all set to write an indignant comma about it bring way too early deliver Esmé's baby, and then when Elizabeth mentioned the C-section without anesthesia, I thought, "Oh, well played!" Nik is lucky that most of the people around him are smarter than he is.

"I was a single parent to Spencer; I can do it again." Uh, don't go patting yourself on the back on that score, Nik. You foisted him onto Lesley and Laura for a large part of his childhood. Plus, Spencer is a turd and isn't speaking to you at the moment.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

agree with everyone else about the massive hypocrisy regarding Dex.  So when Jason was Sonny’s minion he was a saint but now Dex is just a moron.  Whatever, show.

I roll my eyes when it comes to Jason’s biggest cheerleaders saying that. Yes, Dex is an idiot but he’s an adult making a dumb decision just like Jason was. Also, I’d consider going undercover for Michael to be 10x more idiotic than being a Jason replacement. He’s committing crimes and risking danger from being in the mob and also risking getting made and Sonny going after him. It’s not exactly noble and why wouldn’t he be facing jail right along Sonny? So far, he’s participated in an assault, threatened a juror, and aided in a prison escape. Those aren’t exactly minor crimes.  

• Love 6

Clever Elizabeth.

18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I was all set to write an indignant comma about it bring way too early deliver Esmé's baby, and then when Elizabeth mentioned the C-section without anesthesia, I thought, "Oh, well played!"

Same.  I was "no way is that fetus viable yet". And then Esme jumped up.

Clever Laura too, to figure out something is going on with Holly. But whatever Victor has over her, is it worth committing murder for?

So is Gladys going to gamble away Sasha's money now?

Sam being all seductive with Dante at his workplace was 🤢 You;re adults in your forties with lots of romantic histories, not hormonal teenagers.

15 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

So far, he’s participated in an assault, threatened a juror, and aided in a prison escape. Those aren’t exactly minor crimes.  

But they're for a good cause. These numbnuts think that if it's for a noble cause like taking down Sonny, it's not a crime.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

So I'm not seriously watching GH (I have it as background) but is Lucy really dead? Because that would be such a letdown. This Holly flashback is the first I've seen that she's not just missing but I could have likely missed something.

15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Jeebus! I knew that didn't look right, but y'all have a nick name for him other than his actual name, right? 😝

FIXED!

Jimmy Lee Lovett. Let's just hope Roho's 4th role isn't his SORASed son.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Sam being all seductive with Dante at his workplace was 🤢

Ya that was kind of gross, although Dante looked DAMN fine in that white shirt and even more that he can eat a hogie in a white shirt and not get messed up 😄

Sam, why the hell would you spend lotto money on a kitchen, you just said Olivia feeds you all the time.

I thought for 2 sec that Liz had gone full on Obrecht level cra cra , loved the pysch out of Esme. Other then that, Nik and his plan is ridiculous.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 11/15/2022 at 6:06 PM, sacrebleu said:

But, once again, the show avoids the drama of Carly hating her daughter being drawn to a dangerous guy, because she has to be Joss's best pal. 

I hate defending Carly ever but in this case I think she’s doing ok as a mom. Joss is 19 and at that age you really can’t tell your kids anything, they know it all. If Carly told Joss to stay away from Dex she would just run to him even faster.  Carly is in that transitional phase of parenthood where you don’t have much control anymore, so the best you can do is show you are there for them and hope they will come to you when they need help, which is what joss did. 

• Love 4