Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Drew, if you "spent most of the morning answering [police] question:" how is it that you had so much time to spend making up to Carly? Drew has been totally destroyed.

Bobby only cares about Avery, no concern about Ava. At. All.

"Someone put the fire out.'  That would be Sonny, Carly. You can't even give him that acknowledgement?

"So you're putting your life on hold to protect Drew." As if Carly has ever been that altruistic, she's putting the brakes on Drew because she wants to.

I know that Jordan and one cop is investigating (where is Dante? And Rory?) but why aren't the Quartermaine's freaking out that there was a major crime on their property? Why aren't they worried that a big lawsuit could be coming?

The triumvirate of Drew/Curtis/Portia all suck. "You're always putting everyone's needs before your own." No Portia, it's Trina need not to party when Ava is fighting for her life. Because she's not a selfish idiot like the people around her.

OMG, Portia doesn't even want to let Trina get some of Ava's stuff to her before the party. Is this party for Trina or Portia living her life through Trina.

Finn to Liz: "There's nothing wrong with you." Nice words after you've been telling her for weeks that there is something wrong with her.

The logical thing is to have Kevin or another therapist hypnotize Liz to find out what's wrong. My money's on that not happening.

Anna, Victor has WSB connections. He's going to know if they let Jennifer Smith out.

12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Drew already wants a future? fool, shut your mouth.

Drew looks desperate to build a life based on other people, not on himself or developing

I am not looking forward to Drew/Carly Aruba times.

17 minutes ago, jqdeco said:

After seeing Carly in the same outfit for three days I guess it’s meant to be a dress.  Still looks like a bathrobe to me.

I couldn't figure out why she's not dressed yet. It also makes her look 4 months pregnant.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Finn to Liz: "There's nothing wrong with you." Nice words after you've been telling her for weeks that there is something wrong with her.

to be fair - Finn never said to Liz at any point something was wrong with her just that something is happening to her and she couldn't run from it because it was hurting her and he wants to help figure that out.  he's always been consistent with that fact.

I didn't mind Carly's bathrobe dress. and i figure some people just look pregnant in certain clothes (lol Monica from FRIENDS in that purple shirt she was wearing, to the point when the 6th person asked her "OMG IS YOUR NEWS THAT YOU ARE PREGNANT, she was like no, but i'm never wearing this shirt again.")

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

LOL, Trina nearly kills Ava by mentioning Spencer. Double LOL Ava then wakes up 10 minutes later.

Ugh, I  can't with Portia's continued squealing about being engaged. She's not 23, and this isn't her first engagement.

"It gave Drew and ME a minute to think," Carly, not "Drew and I." Come on, writers. That is such a basic thing to get right.

Bobbie gives terrible advice, and Drew still sounds like all he cares about is getting laid.

• Applause 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

We already know Drew isn’t going to care that Carly lied but I wish they would address that Jason excusing everything Carly did was toxic and not an enviable relationship. It enabled her to continue to be this horrible since she knew he would never truly walk away from her no matter what she did, even when she hurt people he claimed to love.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

Today on Paraphrase Hospital:

Jordan:  Mr Cassadine where were you at the time of the attack?

Victor:  I don't feel I have to answer that

Jordan:  Ok, then.  I'll be back later to ask you again

Me:  What?  Force him to answer the damn question.  What's this bullshit, "I'll ask you again later" nonsense.  Where's Mac when you need him.  

Portia to Drew:  Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I'm engaged.  I'm engaged.  Look at my ring.  I'm engaged.  I'm engaged.

Me:  Uhm, didn't your daughter's closest confidante get gored last night and isn't she at the hospital right now, worried sick about this woman and shouldn't you be there to offer your daughter moral support instead of flashing your ring and jumping up and down like a wackadoodle.  

Nik to Jordan, to Finn, to Ava, to anyone who will listen:  I have an alibi. Liz and I were together.  I was with Liz.  did I mention I have an alibi and that I was with Liz.  Me and Liz, Liz and me.

Liz to Finn:  Yeah, Nik lied about the alibi.  I have no idea where I was.  

Drew:  Carly wants to us to back off a little

Curtis:  Are you going to give Carly time and back off

Drew: <suffering from Carly rabies> I want a future, a future with Carly, Carly and future, I want it I want it I want it

Me:  So........you're not going to back off then?

Carly:  I think I want to back off

Bobbie:  But you're ready for your next relationship

Me;  Well sure, she's been minus a man for 9 minutes, she's 8 minutes late for her next relationship

Carly:  I don't want to mess this up

Bobbie:  You always leap before you look, that's who you are

Me:  Uhm, are you actually advocating for her to be an idiot?  Slow your roll Bobbie.  

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

We already know Drew isn’t going to care that Carly lied but I wish they would address that Jason excusing everything Carly did was toxic and not an enviable relationship. It enabled her to continue to be this horrible since she knew he would never truly walk away from her no matter what she did, even when she hurt people he claimed to love.  

that's what bothered me so much. like. that's not... something to be happy with. and even with Bobbie's rushed "I'm not judging." like. sorry yah you should. you can love your child-and still judge them for the crap that they did.

again -i will repeat this until the day is long - all the extra stupid people we're adding to the show - one (two) of them should have been AJ's children he had when he was in hiding. we all know Monica doesn't care (i still have my reasons why) but his kids would.  it drives me nuts that every single Q right now is #TeamCarly, #TeamCarlysFeelings.like even with Joss being all "Hey i can kick you out Nina." it's like she has any say.

bonus points if those kids like Nina ad while I like the Nina-Sonny relationship, help Nina realize that Sonny is a murdering mobster & that's NOT something she wants in her life. 

and the thing is. i get it. Drew is Jason's brother, not AJ's but if you are claiming the Q's, at least at some level be indignant to what this woman did to your brother.  and like i said, I get why Carly is thirsty for Drew - she won't say it - but it's just a way for her to be with someone Jason-ish (which is groudy in of itself). what is Drew's excuse? this woman treated you like crap, she treats people who does't blow smoke up her butt like crap, she has no respect for you - which is why she's lying to you...it drives me nuts because he + Britt woulda been great together. (and you STILL have the Jason cloud if they wanted to). 

• Applause 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

OMG, Portia doesn't even want to let Trina get some of Ava's stuff to her before the party. Is this party for Trina or Portia living her life through Trina.

I think Portia wants to use the party to announce her engagement to the rest of the world. She is living out this big fantasy of marrying Curtis that she had when she was married to Taggert. I think the party is part of it. She's behaving like a giddy 15 year old with the giggling and the screeching. I wouldn't even mind that if this whole thing wasn't about to blow up in her face (probably in 5 years given how slowly everything moves).

Portia was a decent character that has been turned into something really bad. She has no self-awareness whatsoever. Instead of confronting the truth or distancing herself from Curtis, she's embracing the life and the lie wholesale. 

I hope Carly and Drew get eaten by a great white in Aruba.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"It gave Drew and ME a minute to think," Carly, not "Drew and I." Come on, writers. That is such a basic thing to get right.

I always wonder if that is the writers or the actors...  if LW says it that way out of habit, they may not bother to redo it.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I doubt the actors pay attention to their lines more than memorizing them for the next day's shooting. I'd like to think everyone is Erika Slezak (who corrected a colleague on camera! She told him she was going to do it, so it wasn't to throw him off), but given the pace of soaps, I can see why they just memorize the lines as is. Poor grammar is only one of the problems with the dialogue on this fakakta show.

ETA: Considering the party is for Trina, what's the big deal if she's a bit late? It's not a surprise.

Another ETA: I was listening more than watching, so didn't catch if Jordan was lurking when Trina told Portia that Ava had been living at the MetroCourt recently?That would be soapy. And Nik's astonishment that Ava might think he hooked her is hilarious. He's more than capable of it, though of course we know he didn't do it. I think Ava does, too, but she's still mad about his infidelity and wants him to suffer. Go, Ava!

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I honestly don't remember him saying that he did in fact confirm that it was Nelle. We saw him keep telling people he was going to go identify her himself, but we didn't see him do it.

Of course we didn’t. This was a loophole in case they brought her back. Though of course viewers will wonder how Chase confirmed it was Nelle. Then again, this is the show where we saw, or were told by Robin, that Jake’s organs were donated. Only to have a retcon of bodies being switched by Helena. 

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Anna and Val finally come clean and this is good. 

Did they though?  Does Anna know about the French pilot on the island or what ever that was (it was so long ago)... during the Luke investigation,

• Like 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Then again, this is the show where we saw, or were told by Robin, that Jake’s organs were donated. Only to have a retcon of bodies being switched by Helena. 

lol it happened on AMC too. like y'all... you can't come back from the dead- if you donated YOUR HEART.

6 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Did they though?  Does Anna know about the French pilot on the island or what ever that was (it was so long ago)... during the Luke investigation,

yeup. all the tea spilt. it was what they were arguing at the end. Anna said it wasn't right that Jennnifer Smith was jailed for something she didn't do and Val said that he was too deep now but will do anything for Charlotte

• Like 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Though of course viewers will wonder how Chase confirmed it was Nelle.

Chase could have just lied for some reason.  As an interesting way to create drama for his character and his relationship with Brook Lynn.

• Useful 2

Val did tell Anna about Capitaine Olivier. Anna wanted to immediately release Jennifer Smith because she's innocent, stupidly, until Valentin pointed out that this would give the game away to Victor.

I see Anna's point but what's another week after all this time?

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

ETA: Considering the party is for Trina, what's the big deal if she's a bit late? It's not a surprise.

And it's going to be such a lame party anyway. Spencer is not welcome so it will be Joss and Cam. Maybe Trina's dad Taggart. Trina's mom Portia, her fiance, her fiance's father and aunt and possibly his nephew TJ  but not Molly or anyone else around Trina's age.

It feels like the party is really for Portia to squeal and show off her ring than for Trina, who wants to wait till Ava is better.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Daisy said:
10 minutes ago, Blackie said:

yeup. all the tea spilt. it was what they were arguing at the end. Anna said it wasn't right that Jennnifer Smith was jailed for something she didn't do and Val said that he was too deep now but will do anything for Charlotte

Ok this is what happens when I start reading the posts as I watch my taped episode and start commenting before I know everything.  Yes it is good that this has all came out.

3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I’ve never gotten the hype with LW’s hair. I’m sure I’m missing something. She has a lot of it but the color and hairstyles have been terrible for the past 5 years and it looks dry and over processed to me. 

My envy is purely because I used to have thick, wavy hair. But Breast Cancer and the ensuing aggressive chemo took it all away.

Anna, Victor has WSB connections. He's going to know if they let Jennifer Smith out.

Did she forget how Thao’s Victor was director of the WSB after he blackmailed Robin into working for him and Helena? Again, Frank, YOUSUCKHARDASMONKEYBALLS!!!🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

And this made me hate him sooo much because when he was with Robin and even after getting back together with her, he was all about “I don’t lie” blah blah blah, EXCEPT when it came to the shebeast and the paternity of her spawn. Biggest lying HYPOCRITE ever.

Which is why I 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌 Robin telling AJ the truth-not only because he had the right to know, but because it was the only way to STICK IT to that succubus.

#TEAMROBIN4EVAH!

• Love 10

Nice to see some movement on a character finally revealing a secret with Val revealing his to Anna. Plus Elizabeth finally revealed her memory fragments to Finn

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 2
  • Love 7

And I didn't see the whole show today, but I liked what I saw of Fiz for once. IMO, it is what we should have been seeing weeks ago - her opening up to him freely and willingly and him listening and offering advice/his opinion. From what I saw, Finn wasn't badgering her and harassing her; he was being open and listening. And she was showing concern for herself and interest in her situation. I liked it. 

I still think their romance has been poorly told and I don't buy the depth of their supposed love for each other when it seems they never went on an official date . . . . but this is the better way to address Liz's issues. We don't need Finn sneaking around calling her folks behind her back and ignoring her wishes. He needs to be direct and supportive, and she needs to be invested too. They seemed on the right track today. 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 3
  • Love 7

I have really tried to like the new Jordan in this role but to no avail. All she seems to do is stomp around the halls of GH and talk to people in a dull tone of voice with no inflection, “I’ll come back to you later” , etc. etc. I like the last Jordan but can’t warm up to this one. Boring.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
On 9/1/2022 at 8:56 PM, lala2 said:

I don't buy the depth of their supposed love for each other when it seems they never went on an official date.

Just because you didn't see or don't remember it happening doesn't mean it didn't. They went out to dinner (Hatman had a heart attack or stroke or something while they were eating dinner).  At the hospital they talked about finishing the date another time, which they did, off-screen (arrrggh). After that, they didn't do "dates" so much but rather spent time together at each other's houses, they had dinner with the families. They spent holidays together. They also had dinner at the Metro Court and hung out in the hotel room when Elizabeth stayed there. There was also the time they spent together alone when the family went camping.

There were also references from Elizabeth to Terry, Finn to Chase and his dad, and Elizabeth and Finn to each other about time they spent together. Yes, it would have been really nice to see more of it, but we actually DID see that first "official" date, we also saw them spending time together with and without their family.

In addition, to all of the above, the two of them experienced an intensely emotional bonding experience when Elizabeth helped Finn with Chase almost dying and then, of course, with what happened with Peter. And that lasted for months when it was just the two of them feeling like they could truly and completely rely only on one another.

Just because you don't remember it, or didn't watch it or it didn't work for you doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 3

Since this Nelle return is announced as short-term, it feels like she will be the embodiment of Carly's guilty feelings -- or at least taunting her that she will lose Drew over this. I would LOVE to be wrong and have her back as a real character, but my hopes are definitely not up.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, driver18 said:

Just because you don't remember it, or didn't watch it or it didn't work for you doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I never said it didn't happen though. I said I don't buy into the idea that they share this deep, all-encompassing love. I just don't. Them paying baseball, having scenes w/Violet, and talking about liking each other one episode every 2-3 months was simply not enough for me to get invested in them as a couple or to even see them as dating. Another Fiz fan has said the same thing (about their story being rushed and the ILYs being soon) so I know it's not just my dislike for them coloring my opinion. 

In MY opinion, their love story was told infrequently and was fast tracked when Finn was suddenly in love w/her after the Chase crap. And I was regularly watching then. I just didn't see it the way you did. You saw them bonding and falling in love, but they just seemed like friends to me. I got no romantic vibes during that stuff w/Chase. I'm a long time soap viewer so I knew they were being thrown together but I thought we would actually get their love story. AFAIC, we didn't. Again, for me, showing them once every 2-3 months does not build up a relationship. It's hard to get invested when they were rarely shown and when - IMO - the chemistry is not the best. They are fine but I much preferred Friz and Fanna to them.  

I understand you like them though, and that's cool. I'm glad you enjoy them. All the pairings I like either ended (Fanna, Friz), are moving too slow (SoNa, Sprina), or have been temporarily (hopefully?) destroyed for no freaking reason (Nava).  It's nice when you like a pairing. 

My comments are just expressing my feelings on Fiz. I'm not telling anyone else how to feel about them. If they work for you, great. If they don't, then maybe I get to talk w/folks who share my feelings. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, lala2 said:

this is the better way to address Liz's issues. We don't need Finn sneaking around calling her folks behind her back and ignoring her wishes. He needs to be direct and supportive, and she needs to be invested too. They seemed on the right track today. 

Definitely. Elizabeth was finally ready to talk about it. Finn was finally able to let her take the lead on things. 

One thing that kind of bugged me was when Elizabeth was worried she might have hooked Ava because she'd hurt Chase, but the situations were completely different. I wish Finn had pointed that out. Elizabeth has no reason to hurt Ava. Ava standing in front of the Q boathouse wasn't any sort of threat, no matter what fugue state Elizabeth was in. 

• Love 5

One thing that kind of bugged me was when Elizabeth was worried she might have hooked Ava because she'd hurt Chase, but the situations were completely different. I wish Finn had pointed that out. Elizabeth has no reason to hurt Ava. Ava standing in front of the Q boathouse wasn't any sort of threat, no matter what fugue state Elizabeth was in. 

True, but Emily was just standing in the park and wasn't any threat to Carly when Carly gutted her with that gardening tool, or whatever it was. Very similar attacks. In that case, there wasn't an intended mystery angle, so they allowed us to see it through Carly's eyes: she was perceiving Emily as Faith. 

I'm not saying Elizabeth was Ava's attacker, but they could do that, and have the explanation be that she was not seeing Ava but this woman she was telling to stay away from her father in the headless flashbacks. 

On another topic: Crying/vulnerability is the chink in JPS's acting armor. I really don't like listening to him in scenes like those, and it isn't because I feel such tenderness toward the character Valentin that I'm upset for him. It's just...not good.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

The writers can do whatever they want with Elizabeth, of course, but she's not a violent person. Carly flying off the handle is pretty in character, whether she's in mental distress or not.

26 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

On another topic: Crying/vulnerability is the chink in JPS's acting armor. I really don't like listening to him in scenes like those, and it isn't because I feel such tenderness toward the character Valentin that I'm upset for him. It's just...not good.

It really isn't. For me it's his expression. It's kind of a tearful pout, which I find very distracting. I also think he's just not a good crier. Men seem to have more trouble than women. Not everyone can be JJ, heh.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

For me it's his expression. It's kind of a tearful pout, which I find very distracting. I also think he's just not a good crier. Men seem to have more trouble than women. Not everyone can be JJ, heh.

JJ was the King of Tears.  Also, back in the day, SBu was good at it, too.

• Love 3

All the talk of Finn and Liz made me realize how much this show screws up relationships that viewers, or this viewer, had hopes for. I was glad to see Finn and Liz, Anna and Valentine, Chase and BLQ, Curtis and Portia, Trina and Spencer, Britt and Jason, because all of their relationships started with sparks. At least to me. But the writers ruined those relationships and now they're just torture or nonexistent. 

I was never a Sonny fan but since Nixon Falls I like him, and I like him with Nina. The only other couple I like is Scott and Liesl. Lucy and Martin are ok. But Britt and Cody, Carly and Drew, ugh. Sasha and Brando lost the spark, as did Maxie and Austin. TJ and Molly dont exist. Sam and Dante are a snoozefest. Ava and Nik turned into a train wreck. The show pushes couples I don't like and fizzles out on couples I do like. What is with these writers, if they can't write good romances maybe they shouldn't be writing for a soap.

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, BunnyFooFoo said:

What is with these writers, if they can't write good romances maybe they shouldn't be writing for a soap

honestly i just want them to invest in good romance novels, and start making some schmoopy smut. LOVE IN THE AFTERNOON. let's gooooo.

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, DanaK said:

Nice to see some movement on a character finally revealing a secret with Val revealing his to Anna.

Aw geez, Valentine is going to cry again. 

Anna needs to stop wearing bed sheets as dresses.   She looks like a J.C. Penney white sale.

• LOL 4
9 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

Both Sasha and Liz stories need to move on, they are both getting annoying.  OK Sasha, just go to jail then.  

Co-sign. I'll add Drew/Carly to the mix here. All these S/Ls have more than a little bit of paternalistic/controlling/man-splaining going on. If Liz wasn't going mad on her own Finn's relentless stalking was going to give her a nervous breakdown. Good Grief, every time she turned around, Finn was in her face. I used to think Brando was mostly cool, but the way he kind of maneuvered Sasha into the guardianship thing was not totally cool. Finally, Drew knowing what Carly needed better than she does and how much recovery "me" time she needs. And for the first time in eons Carly was absolutely right.  Curtis was King, calling Drew out on his self-serving bullshit.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Fake Michael is on. it really hit me today that Dipstick  is setting up baby Jason to be murdered. but it doesn't bother him because he's "getting one on Sonny." ladies and gentlemen our leading man! Dipstick accuses Sonny for hurting Ava. (I will have to say this is stupid. everyone knows that Sonny would never hurt the mother of his children, that's why Claudia was so desperate to get knocked up). Michael legit looks at Sonny and says "Money doesn't buy respectability." don't you know it, Michael. 

Mrs Dipstick is deciding to work even though she is fighting cancer without treatment. whatever.  Terry is speaking much truth. "I am just feeling tired. I'm fine." YOU HAVE CANCER, YOU MORON. YOU ARE NOT FINE. 

Joss is swoony over Baby Jason. IT BEGINS!! #FREECAM!! LOL Cam throws some shade on the mobster life. Joss is all yeah he is dumb to work with Sonny but..he's a war vet....swoon swoon. no babe. he be a mobster and you are quite thirsty.

SO these 2 dumbos are moving in and not talk to their kids first? whatever. I hope Rocco and Danny make hell for them.

Ava spills the tea to Nina. "That's disgusting!" says Nina. yeup! says me.

Cam + Spencer are great. Joss. take lessons

it never occurred to either of these two morons that .. you could see if the janitor dropped the bracelet at the lost and found? though i am with Baby Jason  - just buy a new bracelet at this point

• Like 4
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Fake Michael is on.

I wonder what's going on with CD that the temp is back. More Covid-related issues?

The Esmé nightmare was well done.

Link is scum, but he's not wrong that Chase should lose his gig at the Savoy if Link isn't his manager.

Ugh, the dunderheads. Mrs. Dunderhead thinks catching the leukemia early is "lucky." Yeah, if you're going to start treatment now. 

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

it really hit me today that Dipstick  is setting up baby Jason to be murdered. but it doesn't bother him because he's "getting one on Sonny."

I hope Dex figures that out and drops the dime on Michael to Sonny.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Mrs. Dunderhead thinks catching the leukemia early is "lucky." Yeah, if you're going to start treatment now. 

Right? like Oh yeah, I caught it early, so you know not doing anything about it for X soap weeks is perfectly fine. I 100 percent do not want her as my nurse.

8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I hope Dex figures that out and drops the dime on Michael to Sonny.

ditto. because i mean as of now, Dex is cruising for a bullet to the chest, and he doesn't have Sonny DNA in him so he might actually die. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I enjoy Spencer’s nightmares much more than is real life. He is still an entitled spoiled little sh*t to me however, especially as he’s continuing his useless Ava vendetta.

Very happy Ava barred Nick from her hospital room and hope she’ll do the same with her bedroom when she gets better. I always like the Nina/Ava chats.

The former Noah now part-time Michael has no spirit, it’s sad to watch so I don’t and therefore have no clue how/why wooden Dex is on the chopping block. Although I don’t watch when CD is on either.

• Love 1

Spencer's gloves-off fantasy with Esme was great. Two good young actors having a ball. (Better actors than Joss, Dex and both Michael actors.)

Why doesn't Willow take a leave of absence from nursing given that she's pregnant and has leukemia? Denial is a river in the Q mansion.

You know what you should never do when your wife is in a meeting with her boss and the door is closed?  Barge in. But that's Michael.

Michael needs to see a psychiatrist about his obsession with Sonny. It's not healthy. I hate to admit it but Sonny is 100x more gracious than Michael or Joss.

MW did a good job of showing Ava uncomfortable from the stabbing and surgery while she was talking to Nina.

LOL Brook Lynn as "the sequel to Clueless." But not totally untrue.

7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

One thing that kind of bugged me was when Elizabeth was worried she might have hooked Ava because she'd hurt Chase, but the situations were completely different.

Elizabeth isn't the kind to be violent like that, but she is the kind to worry that she might have done it.

2 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I used to think Brando was mostly cool, but the way he kind of maneuvered her into the guardianship thing.

I don't like what  Brando is doing at all  but I will give him credit for trying to do the best for Sasha. Experts (Martin, psychiatrist) told him that a conservatorship was the best thing for her and he's trying to do that.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

these 2 dumbos are moving in and not talk to their kids first? whatever. I hope Rocco and Danny make hell for them.

Kids? Who cares about the kids other than Wylie and Leo?

Also Dante and Sam and their endless talk about their relationship are enormously boring.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Also Dante and Sam and their endless talk about their relationship are enormously boring.

i want the smut :(
(to be fair i don't want to see those two do the smut, but i'll take whatever i can get because holy moses the romance parts are boring snoring. 

8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

You know what you should never do when your wife is in a meeting with her boss and the door is closed?  Barge in. But that's Michael.

LOL right? "where is Willow?"
"Oh with the chief of staff"
BANG BANG BANG

like dude. just wait. and then Mrs Dipstick saying "oh come on in, Michael, I'm here." it's NOT YOUR OFFICE TO INVITE SOMEONE IN. geeze. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Why don't the just not have Michael on for 2 months? This temp recast constant switching is absurd.

I know. Until he overhears/Willow tells him about the leukemia, he has nothing going on.

23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why doesn't Willow take a leave of absence from nursing given that she's pregnant and has leukemia? Denial is a river in the Q mansion.

She sort of explained that: She'd be gone for about a year and felt that was too long. Still no mention off taking/passing her boards.

23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

He didn't, though; not this time. He knocked (rather aggressively) and Teri opened the door. Then he barged in. But he waited for the door to be opened.

ETA: Spencer's stationery portfolio cracked me up. He is a Cassadine.

Also, it was super gross of Sonny to pressure Nina into telling him what she and Ava were talking about. None of your damn business, Corinthos! I really hope Nina tells him to shove it.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

For years, I've fallen asleep whenever Kelly Monaco tries to flirt, and it happened again today.  She doesn't seem to know how, and whatever she does often gives me second-hand embarrassment, besides killing whatever mood could possibly exist.

15 minutes ago, Daisy said:

LOL right? "where is Willow?"
"Oh with the chief of staff"
BANG BANG BANG

His need to find Willow so often is definitely becoming stalkerish. Is Michael suffering from some  maternal attachment disorder? 

• LOL 3

Also, it was super gross of Sonny to pressure Nina into telling him what she and Ava were talking about.

Didn't he give her the lecture that she can't as him about his "bidness". I hope she tells him the same.

• Love 4

Spencer's gloves-off fantasy with Esme was great. Two good young actors having a ball.

Those were great scenes, AP looks like she has died her hair a few shades darker, she looked fantastic.

Spencer's stationery portfolio cracked me up. He is a Cassadine.

High end hotels often provide those (well in the olden days pre COVID and pre everyone travelling with a laptop anyways), but it wouldn't surprise me if Spencer travels with his own 😆

• Like 2

She sort of explained that: She'd be gone for about a year and felt that was too long. Still no mention off taking/passing her boards.

She graduated and had a party so I guess we're supposed to assume that she passed her exams.

I get that Willow didn't want to be gone for a year (maternity leave in New York is 12 weeks but she doesn't have to take it all) but for the sake of the fetus that she wants so much, at least be on a lessened workload. It's like she's in complete denial of how sick she is

Shouldn't Michael be working, like running Aurora or something? Ned seems to be the only one working at ELQ or Aurora. He seems to have nothing to do but be in scenes with Willow and attack Sonny.

ETA: Spencer's stationery portfolio cracked me up. He is a Cassadine.

They so rarely bring in the European element that I get excited when they do. My mother gave me a set of stationery printed with my name for my 12th birthday. It make me feel so special when I used it.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Spencer's gloves-off fantasy with Esme was great. Two good young actors having a ball. (Better actors than Joss, Dex and both Michael actors.)

I enjoyed it, too.  His subconscious reflected thru nightmare Esme telling him he didn't measure up to his father was pretty good writing.  And NC and AP sold it.

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It was an aggressive knock, too.  Like whatever Terri was doing wasn't as important as Michael knowing where Willow was.  I don't know if it's the writers' intention (I doubt it), but he comes off as controlling and manipulative, to the point of trying to plant the seed that "once the baby comes" she shouldn't work.  Also, I can't with him being like "was Ava targeted because of you, Sonny?"  Like, if another mob boss wanted to get to him Ava would be about 46th on the list of people to go after.  God, he's such an asshole.

Also, you could like me in a room with the writers for a year, they could ply me with the best gourmet foods and wines and I STILL wouldn't believe Avery's emergency go-to person is Joss.  What a contrived piece of crap reason to put her in Dex's vicinity.  I'm assuming they'll both fall in the dumpster and somehow end up naked with each other.  #FreeCam

Liked the Ava/Nina scenes and Cam/Spencer scenes, too.  Nice portrayal of friendships.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4

They're really pushing Joss and Dex with all the subtly of a sledgehammer. Sorry, Cam. Now they're flirting while dumpster diving through hospital waste? Weird build up. Cam should transfer to school in California and never look back. The actor is recurring and barely on as it is. 

Highlight of the show was Esme back to haunt Spencer's dreams. Those two actors play so well off each other. Esme (or rather Spencer's subconscious) really didn't hold back. It was soapy and great. 

It was a drawn out process to get BLQ and Chase together but they were cute today! 

Michael is just a dismal fail of a character it doesn't matter who plays him. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It's like she's in complete denial of how sick she is

Because of the stupid lima bean that's in her uterus right now.

13 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, I can't with him being like "was Ava targeted because of you, Sonny?"  Like, if another mob boss wanted to get to him Ava would be about 46th on the list of people to go after.  God, he's such an asshole.

Not to mention the gallery is probably a better place to get at Ava. She's there by herself a lot of the time.

• Love 5