Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I’m trying to figure out where they’re going with Willow’s story. Today had the obvious anvils that she’s going to postpone treatment until the baby is born and probably going to continue to hide it and play martyr pretending everything is ok. However, I assume the point of the SL is for the reveal of Nina being her mother because she needs a marrow donor so what are they going to do at that point?

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Beween Dex, Cody, Spinelli, not to mention Michael, why are so many of the thirtysomething guys creepy?

Because Mob is Sexay

11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

So Willow is not going to get treatment because it could hurt the baby? Zzzzzz.

well theoretically we don't know. (but we know she's sick)
but that's usually the "soap way to do it." what would be the better story is

Willow has an abortion 
Get treatment. 
find out Nina is her mother
lament the lose of babies and bond. 

2 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’m trying to figure hour where they’re going with Willow’s story. Today had the obvious anvils that’s she’s going to postpone treatment until the baby is born and probably going to continue to hide it and play martyr pretending everything is ok. However, I assume the point of the SL is for the reveal of Nina being her mother because she needs a marrow donor so what are they going to do at that point?

probably both. 
ad the thing is, if willow does that. that is so dumb. it's one thing to do that when you are like 6 months pregnant and you hope that you can tough it out for three more months. she's 2 seconds pregnant with leukemia. she'd be dead before her 2nd trimester.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’m trying to figure hour where they’re going with Willow’s story. Today had the obvious anvils that’s she’s going to postpone treatment until the baby is born and probably going to continue to hide it and play martyr pretending everything is ok. However, I assume the point of the SL is for the reveal of Nina being her mother because she needs a marrow donor so what are they going to do at that point?

Willow will faint again and it will get to the point where she can't lie about being sick.

2 minutes ago, Daisy said:
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Beween Dex, Cody, Spinelli, not to mention Michael, why are so many of the thirtysomething guys creepy?

Because Mob is Sexay

LOL. And too many of the writers have Issues.

• Love 1
On 8/4/2022 at 3:59 PM, dubbel zout said:

Show, can we please stop calling grown women "baby" and "baby girl"?  The men aren't infantilized like this. 

Depends on the context I think. Dante called Lulu "baby" and imo it was fine.

• Love 5

@ffwbe - I agree with those who think Willow will fall ill again and be hospitalized. You never know - she may be in a coma or something when Michael learns the truth. Carly will be there and hear that she might have a chance if she had a biological relative. Carly will then be forced to reveal the truth about Nina. That’s my guess.

I still think the more interesting story would have been Carly telling Millow the truth, Willow deciding she doesn’t want Nina in her life, Willow becoming ill, Millow fighting about whether to tell Nina (Willow willing to die because she wants nothing to do with Nina), Willow falling into a coma, Michael telling Nina, Nina giving up her bone marrow/body parts/whatever, Willow recovering and wanting a relationship, but Nina rejecting her! And then Willow has to work to become a part of Nina’s life. Haha! 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 6
  • Love 4
On 8/7/2022 at 11:41 AM, YaddaYadda said:

"Becky talking about Elizabeth current storyline. There’s a lot of “idk’s.” Brings up being confused about why she was doing the voice over and how she should go about it. She asked a person on set an all she got was “idk”. It’s a guess sometimes."

"They made her do multiple versions of how to say “daddy” because no one knew how it was supposed to come off."

"With the amount of block taping they do, future scenes are taped then they go back to tape scenes leading up to them. If actors aren’t told story and/or given direction how tf are they to know how to play scenes?"

This is a terrible way to write stories but really explains a lot.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

More weird location shooting for a scene in a car.

I thought it was hilarious that Moron Dex and Eyeore Michael were sitting beside a dumpster, because they're both garbage.  

• Applause 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 8/6/2022 at 6:35 AM, sacrebleu said:

So, Cody gave Britt a homemade coupon book for free hugs ( after a terrible first date) and she found it charming? 

( save me from this 'romance')

This is so cringey I can barely even type about it.  Ugh.  Just go away Cody.

• Applause 3
  • Love 1

Is a rule that characters can only be likable if they’re rarely on because mostly offscreen Kristina has turned into one of the most non-judgmental and non-hypocritical people in PC and frankly there were a few years where I couldn’t stand her. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

It was interesting watching puff fish puff his chest at Ava after as always jumping to the wrong conclusion. This dude is such a dickwad. And as useless as any scumbag.

Skipping right over bubblehead. As interesting as Michael, and they look like each other.

Kristina sighting. Did they just trot her out to give Sonny her blessings or is there more coming with her? I don't understand why a competent actress is sidelined like that, while I have to watch Dex, Michael and Cody.

So I was all in with Chase/BLQ when they were raising Bailey, but now I want this whole thing to stop. They are slowly taking the hammer to Chase's character, I don't even know if BL is interested or if she's just using him to her own ends. Just end this, please.

So Willow is going to refuse treatment for the sake of her spawn and get herself to the point where she'll need a bone marrow transplant. Sounds about right. Why treat something in the early stage when you can send yourself at death's door, while you have another child waiting for you at home?

• Applause 4
  • Love 6

I had to laugh at Cody threatening to tell the NSA about Spinelli's data mining and hacking. I'm pretty sure the NSA would already know if he were doing anything worth looking into.

This show has no idea how anything works.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, lala2 said:

@ffwbe - I agree with those who think Willow will fall I’ll again and be hospitalized. You never know - she may be in a coma or something when Michael learns the truth. Carly will be there and here that she might have a chance if she had a biological relative around.?Carly will then be forced to reveal the truth about Nina. That’s my guess.

I still think the more interesting story would be Carly having told Millow the truth, Willow deciding she doesn’t want Nina in her life, Willow becoming ill, Millow fighting about whether to tell Nina (Willow willing to die because she wants nothing to do with Nina), Willow falling into a coma, Michael telling Nina, Nina giving up her bone marrow/body parts/whatever, Willow recovering and wanting a relationship, but Nina rejecting her! And then Willow has to work to become a part of Nina’s life. Haha! 

i read this in a book once. 
it was a twins, and one twin wanted NOTHING to do w/the other, but she got sick and asked for a kidney. the other twin donated, almost died, but the when they recovered twin A went back to wanting nothig to do with twin B. 

I would love it if they did this and Nina flat out saying she wants zero to do with Willow. 
+ whoever said willow is constantly a lying liar who lies thank you. Like she ALWAYS lies. then turns ad screams at Nina for doing the same thing

• Applause 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I had to laugh at Cody threatening to tell the NSA about Spinelli's data mining

Also, does one just pick up the phone and call the NSA?

cody:  Hello, NSA?  There's a guy in upstate New York, a place called Port charles and he's stealing people's information to create an algorithm for a dating service.  Me?  I fly into rooftop pools, harrass women and live with a horse.  Hello?  Hello?  

• LOL 12

Spinelli being the spoiler to Cody and Britt's douchmance is just strange. But I think everything about Cody is a mess. Please just send him off and have the actor return as Lucky or Dillon.

• Like 4
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

Spinelli being the spoiler to Cody and Britt's douchmance is just strange. But I think everything about Cody is a mess. Please just send him off and have the actor return as Lucky or Dillon.

that's all they needed to do.  Bearded Wonder could have made a good dillon, he sort of has the same energy. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't get the reasoning behind bringing in a new character when he could have been a recast. 

Logic and the writers don't gel. They always go down the most convoluted, dumb road.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't get the reasoning behind bringing in a new character when he could have been a recast. 

Money. I think the writer (and maybe the EP?) gets extra bucks for introducing new characters.

• Applause 2
  • Useful 1

Bringing Dillon back could have led to good soap if he gets involved in the Quartermaine/ELQ/Aurora mess. He could have decided that he wants to be in the family business since Michael has made such a mess of it. Or he could join Brook Lynn on the artistic side.

Who did Kelly T. piss off that Britt's love interests are Cody and Spinelli?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

More weird location shooting for a scene in a car. Okay, Show.

Dex walking out from behind a dumpster was the best part of the show 😄

On 8/6/2022 at 5:41 PM, CeChase said:

I really like Britt, and I actually find the Cody actor handsome and he's got some charisma.  The writers are astoundingly stupid and I have had to begin ff their scenes.  It's all on the writers who seem to believe both stalking AND negging are romantic.  Sickos. 

I've said it before: why didn't they bring the actor who plays Beirdo on as Lucky? support for Liz and her kids, can bond and be buds with Dante, can help Anna investigate Luke's death, help his mom as Kevin finds out Esme is his neice ... so many story opportunitis plus could have been a good love story with Britt.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Oh Look. Willow is at work. Oh but she's only at work to see her test results. apparently she's graduating from nursing school in a few hrs. I wanna be a Soap Nurse.  that was one fast programme

And apparently a program that doesn't require much time at the hospital learning actual nursing practices. 

• LOL 3
15 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I've said it before: why didn't they bring the actor who plays Beirdo on as Lucky? support for Liz and her kids, can bond and be buds with Dante, can help Anna investigate Luke's death, help his mom as Kevin finds out Esme is his neice ... so many story opportunitis plus could have been a good love story with Britt.

Because it's common sense and we are a collection of dummies for thinking that the writers have any.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, rur said:

And apparently a program that doesn't require much time at the hospital learning actual nursing practices. 

righ? she spent most of her time
Whinging about Nina
mooning after Michael
planning to go to Paris
finding out she has no birth certificate
Harmony dying
the trial
being pregnant
now this

when did she ever go to school, much less finish it

• Like 1
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Who did Kelly T. piss off that Britt's love interests are Cody and Spinelli?

Seriously, especially getting stuck with Spinelli. Good grief.

11 minutes ago, Daisy said:

when did she ever go to school, much less finish it

We rarely see anyone at school or in class unless the story demands it. At least they paid lip service to her needing to study. Graduating from nursing school doesn't make you a nurse, though—you need to pass the board exam to get that RN. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

We rarely see anyone at school or in class unless the story demands it.

i know. but i mean - at least show a book. i don't need them to be in class (so props showing the teens there), but i mean she had SO much in her life, even her "mentioning" school made no sense. 

• Love 3

At least they showed Kiki shadowing doctors and working in the hospital as well as studying. Willow's entire attention seems to be on Wiley and Michael.

Meanwhile, it feels like Epiphany has been studying for the MCATs for longer than Willow was in nursing school.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

Dex walking out from behind a dumpster was the best part of the show 😄

I'm all for recasting Lucky but not for that actor. He looks like a hobbit.

4 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I don't think they could keep the Lucky fanbase happy if they recast.   That said, I thought the guy who plays Dex looks a lot like Greg Vaughn.

honestly, that shouldn't really matter.  I remember with AMC that they worked with the Bianca actress (Eden Riegel) so they could bring her back when she felt she could spare time, but it got to the point where the writers said we need Bianca in PV, ER said no, so they recasted her so they could continue to tell the stories.

i might be the one of 3-4 people who actually liked GV as Lucky (and i miss his lucky) but either way - lucky is needed in PC. his sister is in a coma his mom had threats on her life, his kids need him, his ex wife and friend is having issues...like they are making him into a deadbeat which is something Lucky never wanted to be. i'd rather that be rectified vs. cranky people who don't like the new person playing him.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

I don't think they could keep the Lucky fanbase happy if they recast.   That said, I thought the guy who plays Dex looks a lot like Greg Vaughn.

They've already recast Lucky twice. What's a third time?

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3

In the car, after Dex says Sonny wants the verdict to go a certain way, CD lowers his head to his hands and goes... "fuck!" before saying his next line. I rewound it 10 times. And I studied his lips. And then you can see the Dex actor swallow and look toward the cameraman. But they kept going. I was actually entertained for that half of a second of the show! : D

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 8/5/2022 at 2:33 PM, statsgirl said:

I don't mind Carly being zen but I wish that she could do it without hypocrisy. She should have told Carly that in a relationship you don't have to tell your partner  Bonus if she had told Joss that her relationships with both Jason and Sonny required her not to ask questions about what they're keeping from her. Time to stop enabling Joss and Michael.

But Carly only tells the story where she's the best.

Ugh, don't remind me. Ship baiting for years and in the end, the geeky IT girl wasn'tgood enough for the cool hero.

I was always grossed out by that relationship because she wanted him desperately, and he treated her like his pet.  But that’s me. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Everything at the Metro Court pool was a snooze.  Why would Spinelli data mine people who didn't sign up for the dating app? That makes no sense. And how would Cody find out?

Exactly my question when Cody said that. Like WTF? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

i might be the one of 3-4 people who actually liked GV as Lucky (and i miss his lucky)

Although I was then thinking if they recast Lucky and he became friends with Dante then Sam would have to tell about the hot butt sex (best typo ever from back in the day😃)

**if my bad memory is right, that was Sam and GV Lucky ???

• Love 1

But that's the thing.

Ok, so comparing Cody with Lucky for a second

Cody: offscreen unknown friend of Dante

Lucky: ONSCREEN, established friend of Dante for years.

Cody: offscreen, unknown thing about Faison

Lucky:  ONSCREEN, well established beef with Faison

Cody: trying to scam Britt but may potentially fall for her.

Lucky: would have built in tension about trying anything with Britt because of her history with his sister and his brother, but could potentially really fall for her and get soapy

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

In the car, after Dex says Sonny wants the verdict to go a certain way, CD lowers his head to his hands and goes... "fuck!"

I caught that, too! That's the most interesting CD has been for years.

• LOL 3
6 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Ok, so comparing Cody with Lucky for a second

It is just SOOOOO obvious that this is would be great story material, I just can understand why the show runners are so bad.  Also lots of potential for Dylan and Stephen Lars Webber.

They do NOT need new characters to drop from the sky!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

In the car, after Dex says Sonny wants the verdict to go a certain way, CD lowers his head to his hands and goes... "fuck!"

Wish he had said that but when I listened to it three times, he lowered his head and said, "Okay" disconsolately.  That's a mouthful saying it, try it.

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

It was interesting watching puff fish puff his chest at Ava after as always jumping to the wrong conclusion. This dude is such a dickwad.

And didn't apologize after Willow corrected him and barely could say 'thank you' when Ava congratulated him on knocking up Willow.  He's the worst--the absolute worst.

If anyone had told me a few years ago that Kristina would be the best Corinthii/Corinthii adjacent kid on the show I would've laughed my ass off, but here we are.  The only non-judgmental one of the lot (Avery and Donna don't count at this point). 

• Like 3
  • Love 10

Nice job Sam of telling Maxie that she and Dante might move in together. Maxie and Lulu were best friends for a long time, no? Poor Lulu. I wonder when she is coming back (the character or the actress).

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

If anyone had told me a few years ago that Kristina would be the best Corinthii/Corinthii adjacent kid on the show I would've laughed my ass off, but here we are.  The only non-judgmental one of the lot (Avery and Donna don't count at this point). 

I know! Kristina is non-judgemental and can dish out the truth when it needs to be dished out. And she does it beautifully too

3 hours ago, seasons said:

Nice job Sam of telling Maxie that she and Dante might move in together. Maxie and Lulu were best friends for a long time, no? Poor Lulu. I wonder when she is coming back (the character or the actress).

What was she supposed to do? Keep it from her? She didn't do it to be mean or cruel. 

It's a no-win situation for Sam and Dante, just like it was a no-win situation for Lulu and her boyfriend and Lulu had Olivia to contend with to boot.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, TVbitch said:

In the car, after Dex says Sonny wants the verdict to go a certain way, CD lowers his head to his hands and goes... "fuck!" before saying his next line. I rewound it 10 times. And I studied his lips. And then you can see the Dex actor swallow and look toward the cameraman. But they kept going. I was actually entertained for that half of a second of the show! : D

15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

14 hours ago, dbklmt said:

Wish he had said that but when I listened to it three times, he lowered his head and said, "Okay" disconsolately.  That's a mouthful saying it, try it.

12 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Well way to ruin it! Lol just kidding. 

I listened quite a few more times, and I stand by the fuck! 😅 His lips just barely push it out in one motion, whereas "okay" takes more deliberate pursing then releasing. Maybe somebody who is an expert lip reader can weigh in, or maybe I will just believe in my heart that for one remarkable, shining nano-second, I actually liked Michael Corinthos, the Turd. I meant Third! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Two thumbs up for the director who filmed that car scene alongside a dumpster. It's nice to know someone on the show has a sense of humor. 

The Sonny and Krissie scenes were also good. You could really feel a genuine affection between MB and LA. But does that mean Phyllis is gone?

• Love 3

I'm wondering if Willow and Ava had ever interacted at all before yesterday, and on another note I wonder if the show did it that way because they accidentally remembered that Willow and Nelle are half-sisters to Ava's murdered daughter.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
9 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I'm wondering if Willow and Ava had ever interacted at all before yesterday, and on another note I wonder if the show did it that way because they accidentally remembered that Willow and Nelle are half-sisters to Ava's murdered daughter.

Laughing because you give these morons too much credit.

• Wink 3
  • Love 3

OH MY GOD.  DREW. YOU SUCK. 
one more from the top. Ned told you he wasn't comfortable. Ned told you this was't a good idea. So no he wasn't selfish etc. "I just wanted to see what i wanted to see and I thought that Ned would bend over and take what i was giving him." shut up. 

Val is trolling Drew. Love it. Carly and Drew are so obnoxious. 

Nina: Lisel pointed out that y'all always get back together
Sonny: she doesn't know what she's talking about.
Me: LOL okay there, chicken. 

Sheffield is trying to get Spencer out of jail- Governor is not buying it. Sheffield threatens him w/money and Governor is all "Oh yah maybe i'll rethink things."

Sheffield is trolling Val.  Val is sad. 

Sam doesn't want to move in with Dante because it's Lulu's house. 

This is so stupid.
Several people offered to buy the hotel and give it back to Carly. Carly say no. but now she's hiring the dipstick who basically told Drew to commit several federal crimes to do an ill-advised merger, so she can "get back what she lost, and more." and she wouln't have lost a damned thing if she,you know - listened to Drew and her moronic man child son. 

the more they whinge about this and how the Q's put business before everything else, and bleh bleh bleh Ned was selfish. Honestly. i can't with this. Even Drew going "Well next time I shouldn't assume, i'll go for what i want." YOU WOULD HAVE HAD IT, IF YOU HAD LISTENED TO NED. Again - saying it again. this would have been so stronger, had Val also offered COO, or both offered Chairman of the Board, because then they could have focused on the fact that Ned's main issue was the merger itself and then it would impact him. [and since WK is doing major DOOL stuff right now, we don't even get him explaining/defending himself. which sucks].

Carly goes "just don't be Edward when you going after you want." Drew "don't worry it doesn't mean I'll be a jerk.". I hate them. 

I'm tired of this Anna and Val story. like man all you do is snog. but my rant cut off because Felicia and Anna are talking about what i was gonna rant lol. 

lmao Nik "well she fell off the parapet, and i didn't see her, so she's dead." AHUH. Nik is convincing her to stay married so he can't testify against her. Ava agrees (reluctantly) but isn't going to spend time with him.

Lisel is being awesome. and flat out asks. "Who jumps out off a plane to land a roof. that's dumbkoff." hahahaa but she's now on team Bearded Wonder. boo. 

Bearded Wonder clocks Scotty in the face. Everyone is like the hell? (my first thought is. so.... is Bearded Wonder going to jail now??)

Why are they pushing Britt  and Bearded Wonder.  She looks so not interested in the guy. 

Nina and Sonny and schmoopy. i'll allow it. 

show ends with Drew telling Val they need to get things straight. Hopefully Tomorrow starts with Val laughing in this dumbass's face. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4