Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I couldn’t watch the Sasha scenes, too much pain and sadness for me. Did FV promise the actress a great Emmy reel or something?

And OMG with plastic surgery, Morgan (although I enjoy her tweets).

Has Valentin been programmed at the clinic or something? It would explain the staying away from Anna. (I’m desperate to find a reason for the stupidity.)

The good: Anna and Laura, Nina and anyone.

The bad: Misuse of Britt, Spinelli, Cody, Finn, the damn horse, the Shopping Channel, Liz (shallowly hate her hair, had enough of the actress and the storyline), the never ending Esme story, the never ending Brooklyn/Chase stupidity, the never ending Ice Princess story sparsed out so much I couldn’t care less.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Today a total FF day. Even Chase wet in a swimsuit couldn't save it. I didn't find the woman hitting on him attractive.  

Alexis goes to the pool to read her book but doesn't change her clothes or take of her jacket at least.

Anna and Laura were good.

ETA: And FINALLY get back to Liz and her parents issue

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Love 2

oh well that explains why Val is working for Mr Sheffield. He basically kidnapped Charlotte. 

Ned deserves so much better than Olivia. 

Liz needs to grow her hair it still looks kinda sickly and not 2000++ full lushy body glow 
I slept through the entire show but obvy i missed nothing.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

See, this is why you don't ship kids off to boarding school "for their safety".  A) they turn into Spencer or B) They get kidnapped where you aren't there to respond quickly/prevent it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ouinason said:

See, this is why you don't ship kids off to boarding school "for their safety".  A) they turn into Spencer or B) They get kidnapped where you aren't there to respond quickly/prevent it.

No, Sheffield put her in a boarding school and blocked access to her . It's probably when Val was recovering from being hurt by him in the first place. 

and i mean. Spencer was Spencer before boarding school so...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Wait? so they aren't even gonna recall Laura for being a crappy mayor? Why can't this show do anything soapy?

Because the executive producer and the writers are terrible.  I see a lot of complaints throughout the internet world and Twitter that Young and the Restless is boring.  I’m like, I guess they haven’t checked out this nonsense.  Nothing happens on this show.

I haven’t watched the show, but I understand some woman was flirting with Chase and he totally turned her down?  Stupid.  Chase is the one character on this show that should be sleeping with anything that moves.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

Because the executive producer and the writers are terrible.  I see a lot of complaints throughout the internet world and Twitter that Young and the Restless is boring.  I’m like, I guess they haven’t checked out this nonsense.  Nothing happens on this show.

This show is all foreplay and no action. like i still remember six months + later Peter was all "So, don't you wanna know who took me out of the freezer?!" and we still don't know who did it.  like it's so dumb.  

Like, I like Laura for the most part. but she is a crappy mayor and I doubt everyone who signed that recall was like "wot?! but I thought it was about saving whales!!" she's more concerned about taking Victor down, than anything else. 

Liz could have had a total "Ghost" storyline. Nope. this could have been a great storyline about sleeping pills. Nope. it's just... so irritating.  I mean Liz isn't my favourite person in the world, but i mean still. give her something. 

it's been like a month or so since Carly has known about Willow and nothing. Willow's convienitious has just got up and left.  it's all so dumb

• Applause 3
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Elizabeth has three sons, Anna! (Or I should say, Show!)

Anna got it right.  She said "for both her sons' sake AND Finn's."  The both referred to her plural sons and then Finn.  She also mentioned all three kids in her prior sentence.  For once the show is right.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

If Laura had been recalled as mayor, then Genie would no longer have storylines and probably be shoved back into the Vet Closet.

Forget the fact that instead of putting the SheBeast as the main matriarch or leading lady, you have Laura!Fucking!Spencer! Whose  history is so much more vast, nuanced and rich, and connected to so many other characters.

But nooooo. Frank, for whatever reason, decided the MOB familia should rule, and this white trash, social climbing, CUJO deserves that particular role and stories that she has no connection with just to keep her ass front and center, wither snarly maw.

Even when Luke and Laura were the stars and getting the exciting stories, we still had hospital stories and soapy drama with other characters and other families. Until Mooby's ass showed up and started devouring the show.

Yeah. Still very, very bitter.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

If Laura had been recalled as mayor, then Genie would no longer have storylines and probably be shoved back into the Vet Closet.

to be fair she's not really having any storyline being mayor either. and it's not so much I want her to be recalled, but it should have been a massive reflection of how her tenure is going - and her associations with people. but it was like. GHAH!! I'm going to be recalled! oh three days later, I rebutted it, we all good y'all.  and she has this storyline w/Sheffield which keeps being delayed becuse of CS's hip or back or something. 

• Useful 1
51 minutes ago, Daisy said:

This show is all foreplay and no action. like i still remember six months + later Peter was all "So, don't you wanna know who took me out of the freezer?!" and we still don't know who did it.  like it's so dumb.  

That was Victor because he needed Peter to give him the passcode inside Drew's programming. Now why Victor thinks that Drew has any useful intel is still a mystery.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, nilyank said:

That was Victor because he needed Peter to give him the passcode inside Drew's programming. Now why Victor thinks that Drew has any useful intel is still a mystery.

Probably because he was part of that mission.

But Show had to involve Carly and then it was over. Unless Victor kidnaps Drew, then that story arc seems to be dead.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, nilyank said:

oh was it?

well then i take that part back LOL thanks :)

How does Victor put his granddaughter in a boarding school and block access to the child's father?! Is it an "evil" boarding school?

Um, Laura left out Valentin taking them hostage and shooting Kevin, trying to murder Nik, trying to kidnap/murder Spencer, and almost murdering Ava when reminding Anna why she might want to reconsider. Anna: "I knowwwww, but I'm comfortable with him!" : D

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

How does Victor put his granddaughter in a boarding school and block access to the child's father?! Is it an "evil" boarding school?

Victor threatened to hurt Charlotte if Valentin didn't do what he wanted which I presume includes not seeing her in person. Eeeeevil.

5 hours ago, Blackie said:

Alexis goes to the pool to read her book but doesn't change her clothes or take of her jacket at least.

I thought that she was on her lunch break and going back to work after. Not taking off her jacket was stupid though. Still, the flirting withProf Chase wasn't bad this time.

Finn is losing a lot of points with me pushing his way in to see Liz. What part of "She knows that you care about her but she has to fix this for herself and do it alone" doesn't he get?

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I thought that she was on her lunch break and going back to work after.

She said she wanted to go read her book and get some Vit D for 20 minutes at the pool, OK so at least take your jacket off. This pool set is over used for plot points. I noticed Michael telling Cody about the pool at the Q complex so I guess Cody doesn't need to "drop" into the metro court pool anymore.

On 7/6/2022 at 6:24 PM, Daisy said:

well they said Drew was ruined.  not Aurora. 
the business assets could be generating revenue but if people keep selling their shares, aurora could still go under. 

No.  It doesn’t work that way.  A low share price doesn’t bankrupt a company.  Drew might (and should) be removed from corporate leadership, but as long as they turn a profit, Aurora will be fine.  

if the price goes low enough, it will become a target for a corporate takeover.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

Cody being roommates with a horse is the kind of comedy I need at my lunch hour.  Comet has a nicer living space than 75% of the people I know.

Shut up, Drew. Ned owns ELQ stock - how the hell are you going to keep a merger secret from him? 

There would have to be SEC filings and a bunch of other shit.  It would be impossible to keep it secret.  The writers are outright lazy morons.  That sort of thing is pretty common knowledge, or at least a five minute phone call to anyone who understands corporate finance

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

Just two things.

1. I don’t pay attention to him, so, what is Spanelli’s story line? What is he doing? (I know, I didn’t spell it right)

2. Why do they have Elizabeth, Becky, in such a bad wig?

that is all. Please help.

6 minutes ago, Redcookie said:

1. I don’t pay attention to him, so, what is Spanelli’s story line? What is he doing? (I know, I didn’t spell it right)

Spinelli started that dating app, but it's a big sikrit for some weird ass reason. So now dumb dumb is being blackmailed by horse trainer and stuntman wannabe with probably a heart of gold and waste of space, Cody. 

8 minutes ago, Redcookie said:

2. Why do they have Elizabeth, Becky, in such a bad wig?

It's not a bad wig. Its her real hair. Her hair hasn't looked good in a good while. But Elizabeth is at Shadybrook, so I can give it a pass. Nobody is supposed to look glam there. Although I must say that Becky just has fabulous skin.

• Love 4

Chase/BL are moving so slowly they're going backwards and stories that could be actual storylines are literally written off with a conversation. Granted, a mayoral recall isn't the most riveting storyline on paper but they could have tied in Viktor and moved whatever his story is further along. 

Brook Lyn is proof that we can't blame Michael's lack of brains on all on Carly. 

• LOL 3

Question for you daily watchers: Is Finn's behavior on track for you? 

I happened to have GH on today (but muted), and Iooked up and  saw Finn grilling Kevin for information re: Liz and wondering if she really needs space. I know he's taken her kids camping, and he's gone to visit Liz even when she asked him not to do so. Maybe it's just me but he seems so overly invested in her. I know they started dating, but is he OTT or is it just me? Do they have some deep love for each other that I missed? 

Granted, I was a diehard Friz fan, and I miss that pairing. And I don't think the show built up Fiz at all. They were co-workers and then suddenly had the hots for each other. Ok. I also fully admit to not really watching a full show in months. The last full episode I watched had to be before that waste of time vistation trial w/Wiley so maybe I missed a bunch of stuff. 

Everything about Fiz feels rushed to me, and Finn is especially OTT, but maybe that's my Friz bias showing. I don't know. 

And why couldn't Liz just go cleared from HR? The only bitch in that situation was her! 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I think that's just how Finn is in a relationship.  Like, with Hayden and with Anna he was all the hell in.  

Hahaha! I guess. I didn't pay attn to Fayden but I did like Fanna. Fanna seemed to have a deeper connection - IMO - than Fiz do. 

I guess these two are in some deep relationship at this point. Alright. Whatever. I guess it developed in the time I stopped watching regularly. LOL! I could have sworn she put a pause on things, and I don't remember that changing but . . . . I guess it did. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Well, they bonded over the cover-up of Peter's non-murder, then got closer treating Chase's Peter-induced mystery illness. 

It was pretty soapy stuff, but then they just tread water for months. ( See also: Chase/Brooklyn, Anna/Valentine) 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mirabelle said:

Brook Lyn is proof that we can't blame Michael's lack of brains on all on Carly. 

I'm content to blame Lois for Brook Lynn's idiocy. She's the one that mostly raised her, after all.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Lois well enough, but that was a long time ago.

• Like 3

Maybe I'm old but I agree with Grandpa Chase, a newspaper should not insert opinion into the reporting of facts, and yes it is a slippery slope.  Or maybe I was just trained in science. I thought that Gonzo taught history, not journalism.

Alexis, you can distinguish your paper by printing the facts. Confirming our own biases is an established psychological phenomenon.

Anna vs Victor was fun. But is Valentin doing anything to get from under Victor's thumb?

This Elizabeth story is a mess. If the hallucinations were caused by the sleeping pills, why shouldn't she sign herself out? She can work on her parental issues as an outpatient. And Kevin, talking to Finn about Elizabeth is breaking HIPAA.

I like the relationship Britt and Terry have worked out.

Olivia apparently doesn't know any horses. I love them but they're not God's brightest creature.

I hate that Ned has to keep doing the apology tour for the ELQ vote. It's approaching Nina/NF level.  Ned, even if you had known how much Carly was invested, you still shouldn't have voted with Michael. And right now, think about your wife. Who cares if Carly doesn't like you? It's no longer about her. Buy into the hotel to help your wife.

37 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Question for you daily watchers: Is Finn's behavior on track for you?

Nope. Finn is definitely overstepping. Approaching abusive territory. But the show is acting like he's just showing the depth of his control affection.

Maybe it's because I'm not a Finn/Liz shipper fan but the scene today felt like Liz was faking it to get Finn off her back.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Alexis is awfully combative and defensive toward Papa Chase. That's not flirting, even though I think that's the intent here. I guess I should be grateful NLG isn't playing the breathless virgin like she has in the past.

49 minutes ago, lala2 said:

And why couldn't Liz just go cleared from HR? The only bitch in that situation was her! 

Seriously. Just because Elizabeth has been at GH longer than Britt—which has nothing to do with anything—doesn't mean she can skip HR procedures. Good for Teri for backing up Britt.

• Love 11
(edited)
45 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Well, they bonded over the cover-up of Peter's non-murder, then got closer treating Chase's Peter-induced mystery illness. 

It was pretty soapy stuff, but then they just tread water for months. ( See also: Chase/Brooklyn, Anna/Valentine) 

Yeah . . . I remember the Peter stuff, but I was surprised when they suddenly had feelings for each other. It just came out of nowhere, IMO. Their development has been pretty bad. You're definitely right about all these couples treading water! I looked up and saw that almost kiss btw ChaLynn and rolled my eyes. LOL! 

I swear this show drags stuff out to the point you just don't care anymore! Or at least I don't! LOL! 

@statsgirl - Yay! It's not just me! Yeah . . . when Finn asked if he was the only one she didn't tell, I became enraged. Is there a reason she should have told him?!?! Are they even openly dating? That really rubbed me the wrong way. 

I also agree that I'm sure these scenes are supposed to be endearing and demonstrate how much Finn loves Liz but I find him overbearing and obnoxious. If I thought they had chemistry, it would probably work for me but I don't. They fall flat to me so there is nothing I like about Finn's attitude w/r/t Liz. I do not care for the pairing at all.  

Edited by lala2
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

What's wrong with Olivia owning all of the MetroCourt? She could hire Carly to work for her. I don't get why no one is approaching it from that vantage point. Why does Carly have to get her half back? 

That Finn/Elizabeth kiss was so awkward. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

Hahaha! I guess. I didn't pay attn to Fayden but I did like Fanna. Fanna seemed to have a deeper connection - IMO - than Fiz do. 

I guess these two are in some deep relationship at this point. Alright. Whatever. I guess it developed in the time I stopped watching regularly. LOL! I could have sworn she put a pause on things, and I don't remember that changing but . . . . I guess it did. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

They don’t have a deep relationship.  Franco died, Liz grieved for 2.7 seconds, and then they’re pushing her onto Finn.  Now, if you want to believe Twitter, Liz getting with Finn is because Michael Easton had a fit.  There really hasn’t been a real reason as to why Franco was killed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

They don’t have a deep relationship.  Franco died, Liz grieved for 2.7 seconds, and then they’re pushing her onto Finn.  Now, if you want to believe Twitter, Liz getting with Finn is because Michael Easton had a fit.  There really hasn’t been a real reason as to why Franco was killed.

There were many, many, many reasons why Franco had to be killed not including my own personal joy that it happened. There was only so much stories that they could do with "reformed" serial killer turned stepdad/hubby that dominated any story with Liz having to play in supporting character in all his storylines and him playing lead character in her few storylines.

If Franco wasn't killed and Liz had this breakdown story, she would have been just as missing for months while Franco would have been shown trying to manage raising the boys by himself, helping Cam regarding Joss, Trina and Spencer, and maybe going undercover at the company that supplied Liz with sleeping aid that made her all wacky.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, lala2 said:

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe it's because I'm not a Finn/Liz shipper fan but the scene today felt like Liz was faking it to get Finn off her back.

I think the point of those scenes was to show that Liz's problems have not gone away. She's heading for a bigger blowup -- no doubt something related to her oft-mentioned but never seen parents whom she talked to Kevin about just before she decided to check herself out of Shadybrook.  

I guess we'll all find out in another 6 months or so. 😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, nilyank said:

There were many, many, many reasons why Franco had to be killed not including my own personal joy that it happened. There was only so much stories that they could do with "reformed" serial killer turned stepdad/hubby that dominated any story with Liz having to play in supporting character in all his storylines and him playing lead character in her few storylines.

If Franco wasn't killed and Liz had this breakdown story, she would have been just as missing for months while Franco would have been shown trying to manage raising the boys by himself, helping Cam regarding Joss, Trina and Spencer, and maybe going undercover at the company that supplied Liz with sleeping aid that made her all wacky.

And except for that last bit of hijinks, I would have enjoyed watching that more than whatever the hell is going on now.  But I liked Franco and I don't really care about Finn.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

Interesting! I do wonder why Franco was killed. He and Friz worked so well together. 

I'm a sucker for chemistry, and if Fiz had any, I would love them but they don't . . . IMO. I hate Carly but thought she worked very well w/RoHo as Todd and Franco. I also hate Jason, but thought this last round of Jarly was really sparking!!! And I loved JaSam 1.0 so I can see chemistry w/couples I hate. I don't hate Finn or Liz but they are really lacking in chemistry! 

• Love 6

I hated Franco, and hated his creepy ass with Liz and her boys. The only other death that made me that happy was Jason’s. But the storyline for Liz has been terrible for years and I don’t expect that to change just because Franco is dead. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I prefer Finn with Liz compared to Anna or Hayden.   As for Liz, I liked her best with Ric.  She would have been okay with Drew 1.0, if she hadn't been lying to his face.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

Let me be clear, I didn't say Finn's behavior was ok, I said it was typical of him.  He has, and has always had, serious boundary issues.

Finn is really bothering me here and it's because (look away, @lala2!) his behavior reminds me of Franco, who never saw a boundary of Elizabeth's that he didn't gleefully stomp right over. Remember when he made her rape all about himself? Or when he cornered her in the elevator and hid in her car like, you know, a serial killer? Ugh. Just stop, Finn. The bar is already set so low, it should be easy not to be a creep.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I thought that Franco died because Howarth didn't want to play the role anymore. Certainly he's barely on the show anymore.

But they moved Liz on to Finn too fast because for many viewers, Friz was very popular,  But they still could have had Finn and Liz bonding over the Peter situation without is turning romantic as soon as it did. Maybe it was Easton wanting a relationship after FAnna ended, 

1 hour ago, rur said:

I think the point of those scenes was to show that Liz's problems have not gone away.

Yes, But it was so very heavy handed.

I switched on my TV this evening and it's a Christmas movie (who thought that Christmas in July was a good idea?). A movie with Emilie Ullerup called Christmas Bells Are Ringing and the male love interest is so charming, I went to look up who it is. Imagine my shock that it's Josh Kelly! I guess it really is the writing on GH that's failing Cody. (And a too long haircut.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 7/7/2022 at 6:07 PM, superdeluxe said:

I haven’t watched the show, but I understand some woman was flirting with Chase and he totally turned her down?  Stupid.  Chase is the one character on this show that should be sleeping with anything that moves.

All the soaps are boring across the board tbh.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Please.  Liz wouldn’t have this breakdown story if Franco was still around.  This story is because people complained that Liz barely grieved Franco.  So, they whipped up this breakdown story, thinking that would fix things.  At least, that’s how it started.  I don’t know where they’re going now.

1 hour ago, lala2 said:

Interesting! I do wonder why Franco was killed. He and Friz worked so well together. 

I'm a sucker for chemistry, and if Fiz had any, I would love them but they don't . . . IMO. I hate Carly but thought she worked very well w/RoHo as Todd and Franco. I also hate Jason, but thought this last round of Jarly was really sparking!!! And I loved JaSam 1.0 so I can see chemistry w/couples I hate. I don't hate Finn or Liz but they are really lacking in chemistry! 

Finn and Liz don’t have chemistry.  Do any of the current couples have chemistry?

10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I thought that Franco died because Howarth didn't want to play the role anymore. Certainly he's barely on the show anymore.

But they moved Liz on to Finn too fast because for many viewers, Friz was very popular,  But they still could have had Finn and Liz bonding over the Peter situation without is turning romantic as soon as it did. Maybe it was Easton wanting a relationship after FAnna ended, 

Yes, But it was so very heavy handed.

Roger Howarth no longer wanting to play Franco is a lie.  As for why he is barely on the show anymore, who knows.  He shot a movie, but that was for 10 days in the middle of June.  He was already missing by then.  So many story opportunities that they ripped away.  Ripped away Austin being a Quartermaine; ripped away the bonding with Leo and gave that to Chase.  Probably won’t even put him in scenes with Britt anymore since they had chemistry off the charts.  But she’s stuck with the new loser.

Yes, they moved Liz on to Finn way too fast.  Franco was barely in the ground.  Franco and Liz had a huge fanbase.  They still do.  They weren’t given time to mourn Franco and the relationship and the Webber-Baldwin family before they were pushing Liz right at Finn.  It’s disrespectful.

The rumor is that Michael Easton wanted the Hayden actress back.  They said no, he had a fit, and they were like, we’ll give you Liz.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2