Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Humane Society rules? I can see why they wouldn't want some random kid actor messing around with a horse. You can get badly hurt—bitten, kicked, rolled on, etc. I thought the interaction was appropriate.

Good point. Thanks for the insight.

6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Oh, yes. PLEASE. And while we’re at it, let’s appoint Geoff Peterson as the new CEO of ELQ.

I'm sure he'd be as effective as Michael has been.

And he's got much more personality.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

AFAIK, the writers are all over the country (there's no writer's room), and the production is in L.A., where the show is filmed.

Humane Society rules? I can see why they wouldn't want some random kid actor messing around with a horse. You can get badly hurt—bitten, kicked, rolled on, etc. I thought the interaction was appropriate.

It's like grade school kids pretending to "work."

So it’s like Michael is pretending to be ‘CEO Butters’?

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I think my favorite part about the new barn set is that when Ned and Michael were in the stall with the horse, the doors were wide barn doors, but when they left the horse stall and entered the barn's... Uh.... Living room... The doorframe on the outside of the stall was a regular doorframe. How is a horse gonna fit through that ! 😆

As someone who lived a summer on an island that used horse and bikes for transportation, who find out real quickly why stable isn't attached to house, no matter how rich you are.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
12 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

As someone who lived a summer on an island that used horse and bikes for transportation, who find out real quickly why stable isn't attached to house, no matter how rich you are.

Seriously true! 

At the very least, anyone hanging out in that stable should be slapping at flies.

(Mackinac Island?)

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Daisy said:

People on Twitter: Michael doesn't want Nina dead, he only wants Sonny to live to his code.

Me: so what do you think that means?! 

Stop asking such hard questions! 🤣

• LOL 2
8 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Stop asking such hard questions! 🤣

LOL seriously. like the whole rebuttal is: but Sonny lied, and couldn't keep away from Nina. and I am like. Port Charles has a population of ten. it's pretty hard not to run into them. the only time I can actively remember Sonny reaching out to Nina was when he texted her (or she texted him) and they chatted in the chapel. TO WHICH Sonny said don't contact me again and I'll not contact you again. 

like I watched this stupid thing for two years. Sonny picked Carly. he was trying to get over his feelings for Nina and how NF changed him. Was he wrong in not telling Carly everything. sure. I said that at the time. But can I legitimately sit here and feel confident that up until  Sonny thought his marriage had no chance, he wanted to work things out with Carly, and be with his family. Was he typical Sonny about it. Yeah. it doesn't change the fact that he did choose the family. and I am getting really tired o having to defend Sonny here, it's wrong and I don't like it hahaa

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I'm getting tired of always being gaslighted so that Carly and Michael can be right. I saw what I saw.

10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

None of that equipment has ever been used. Ever. So who’s taking care of the horse?

Cody, Dante's boyhood friend who conveniently used to be a stunt rider, will be. The guy who asked Frank for a job and got a  contract .

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm getting tired of always being gaslighted so that Carly and Michael can be right. I saw what I saw.

right? it's so frustrating. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Oh Dante. I hate you :( We were this close to having dead Michael. 
and oh look. Michael is being an ass. Again. For no reason. So swoony. *eyeroll*

Michael: I don't want anything to do with Sonny. 
Also Michael: SONNY DIDN'T CHOOSE ME boohoohooooo. 
you can't have it both ways, dipstick. 

Brando just. shut up. Let this dude kill Michael in peace. 

Sasha's whole "I have to be clean, I have to do it by myself." speech - true, but i was left very unmoved.  the whole delivery felt stilted. (and the way she was acting it made me think she was high right now) Also also - for the "face of deception." I would think she would dress more posh..

....the face of deception/"supermodel" is now afraid of being in front of camera. okay there

Also why do they make all new sets so dark? 

I'm not feeling Bearded Wonder. Maybe it would be different if Bearded Wonder was Lucky. (also he's swell, charging drinks and tipping people with Money that's not his).

Brad wants to be part of the family bidniz. :(
Oh. Michael hired Dex. Oh look, I just don't care. 
(and this is just a retred of the Dante infiltrating Sonny's organization but will ultimately mean nothing because Dex isn't related to ANY of them, so when Sonny shoots him no one will care.... just like last time).

what a waste of show. 

• Like 5
  • Love 6

I've always heard it pronounced as GIF with a hard G so all this JIF sounded strange.

If Cody has so little money, why is he staying in a 5 star hotel? All this gushing over him ... he seems like a sleaze putting his drinks on Brad's tab and I don't find him attractive.

Michael is such a weenie, he needs Dante and Brando to protect him as he goes after Dante's father and Brando's uncle. 🤦‍♀️

Dante is 20x smarter than Drew and Michael put together. Except it was easy to see that Dex is working for Michael.

Sonny's big mistake right now, both as a father and as a mob boss, is not slapping Michael down so hard he wouldn't be able to get up for a long time. Don Corleone wouldn't make that mistake.

• Like 4
  • Love 10
(edited)

Please, no one will convince me that Michael has any kind of foresight and that he planted Dex in the gym for Sonny to hire so that he can have a plant in the organization.

Of course, that's why this dumbass is rude to his brother who was trying to protect him. Let him fend for himself, Dante. If he doesn't, then he'll never learn.

Give me a break. I know you're trying to convince those who don't drink the Kool-Aid that Michael is some kind of a genius, but he ain't. He is as dumb as a box of rocks and all of this is convenient plot point.

Liam was going to grown into those shoes at the age of 5. Pass!

I think it's time for Sasha's pill habit to come out. And even if it doesn't, why do they insist on putting her into these situations where the woman is clearly not doing well? They can tell. It feels like they're just torturing her at this point. Someone book her an appointment with Kevin or Neil's ghost.

We're giving Britt a tropish love. From love to hate, I guess. I mean the two look good together and there is chemistry there. 

I hate that barn and that false door on the wall. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 5

like the barn is posh, but i just keep thinking it's not logical. at all. and to be fair if we needed to see a horse... cool. but i mean. there's no way that is a proper barn set up. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 4

I have to go back and read comments but wasn’t Brando the one who introduced Dex to Sonny in the first place??  Today he was acting like he barely knows the guy. God dammit this show and it’s inconsistent writing!!

• Love 1

LOL at Michael trying to be all threatening with the horse in the background. It doesn't exactly make Michael look like he's in charge. 

Ugh, he's such a hateful character. (Michael, not the horse.)

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

Has Frank put the horse on contract yet?

The horse called him looking for a job. 

14 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I have to go back and read comments but wasn’t Brando the one who introduced Dex to Sonny in the first place??  Today he was acting like he barely knows the guy. God dammit this show and it’s inconsistent writing!!

No. It was Chett. He was working at the gym, replacing some guy on vacation. It was his last day at the gym and got another job from Sonny after he "interviewed" him.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

No. It was Chett. He was working at the gym, replacing some guy on vacation. It was his last day at the gym and got another job from Sonny after he "interviewed" him.

Ah that’s right. I got my random Sonny proppers mixed up 😉 Thanks!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Michael trying to take down Sonny’s operation sounds like something that would be good on paper but flops because of the circumstances/execution. I know I used to wish one of Sonny’s kids stood against Sonny and the mob and vowed to take him down since Sonny wouldn’t be able to go after them as hard as he would a regular rival. It really should have been Dante but we can’t have nice things. 

Now where is loses me is first, we know Michael doesn’t care that Sonny is a mobster or a criminal. Second, Sonny sleeping with Nina shouldn’t have been the line in the sand. Third, Michael is always set up to win and it comes off like he’s just attacking Sonny because he knows Sonny won’t retaliate. As much as he says Sonny doesn’t care about his family, I don’t think he would be doing this if he really thought Sonny would go after him full force. Lastly, we were hit over the head last year about how Carly had to make the great sacrifice and take over the mob to save PC because otherwise, it left a vacuum for other mobsters to take over the territory. So all of a sudden, Michael isn’t worried about a rival mob taking over and all of his loved ones being taken out?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"I want Wiley to grow up the son of a successful businessman, not the grandson of a mobster." Uh, way too late for that, dunderhead. That train sailed years ago.

Both parts of that statement, the part about Sonny being a mobster, which Michael has always used when he wanted to intimidate someone, and being the son of  a successful businessman.  Unless Willow marries someone else and takes Wylie with her. Michael is parhetic.

5 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Sonny sleeping with Nina shouldn’t have been the line in the sand. Third, Michael is always set up to win and it comes off like he’s just attacking Sonny because he knows Sonny won’t retaliate. As much as he says Sonny doesn’t care about his family, I don’t think he would be doing this if he really thought Sonny would go after him full force.

I want Sonny to go after him full force so badly. Michael really needs to have the consequences of his actions.

Why is Michael the lead the 2 biggest stories on now, the attacks on Sonny and the ELQ story? Not to mention the endless Wylie whine? They aren't going to make fetch happen . 

If Michael can forgive Sonny for murdering his father, saying that this is the line Sonny can't cross just makes him look like a whiny baby.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

So all of a sudden, Michael isn’t worried about a rival mob taking over and all of his loved ones being taken out?

if this ends up with Wiley being murdered because of this. I am all for it. again.  if you're GONNA have mob stuff on this show, you need to go there, Show. let Willow see what she chose. 

11 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Michael is always set up to win and it comes off like he’s just attacking Sonny because he knows Sonny won’t retaliate.

But this. you basically have Sonny screaming NO ONE GOES AFTER MY FAMILY so Michael is like, cool.  and is going after him. like. . how is this exciting? where's the stakes? and again. who cares that hes stopping coffee orders. like boohoo Sonny can't import Coffee. do you not think then he'll just make orders under a different name?

22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"I want Wiley to grow up the son of a successful businessman, not the grandson of a mobster." Uh, way too late for that, dunderhead. That train sailed years ago.

lol i would have died so hard if Dante had been. "um. he's kinda both, you dipstick."

• Love 5
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

We're giving Britt a tropish love. From love to hate, I guess. I mean the two look good together and there is chemistry there. 

Do you mean, hate to love? Tropish indeed.

I skip every Michael and Sonny w/ generic henchmen scenes, so I can’t join everyone in commenting, but I’m still hating the Britt treatment.

First, they put her in the dress that you see sweat stains on again, then WTH Brad? With friends like you, my girl doesn’t need enemies.

Tropish guy is just a bearded user at this point. Did he even apologize to Britt for almost hitting her? Why is everyone blaming her for standing near a pool? It feels more like “eh, Britt, stop being a sad sack and go get it on with just any guy, will ya!” Hate.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

So who's the "family" that Ms. Wu was let down by in the past? The rookie cop? Why can't there just be more Asians on the show without being connected to the Wu Family?

Edited by Tenshinhan
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Tropish guy is just a bearded user at this point. Did he even apologize to Britt for almost hitting her? Why is everyone blaming her for standing near a pool?

When in reality (I know, I know) she'd have the slam dunk of all lawsuits against the dating service (Spinelli) and the Metro Court.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Desperado said:

First, they put her in the dress that you see sweat stains on again,

awww I like that dress. Although KT has gained a few pounds and it was almost too tight and being stretched. And I say this as someone who just had to take a load of clothes to value Village yesterday because they no longer fit 😒

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Liam was going to grown into those shoes at the age of 5.

That is exactly what I thought, it must have been some great sale 😆

Poor Sasha has a monkey on her back and it isn't the drugs 😝  Gladys is annoying as Fudge but I enjoy her,

What "friend: did Brad send the video of Britt to? I thought he didn't have any other friends other than Britt.

So Dex is a double agent, and Michael doesn't get what a double agent is??

Edited by Blackie
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

The .gif shows a woman climbing out of the pool in wet clothes, which she was knocked into after a freak accident. We'd all look like dorks in that situation. It doesn't show the drunken speech, etc, so I have no clue why this is going to put her reputation and job on the line.

As others have mentioned above, it's unbelievable that it hasn't occurred to Michael (and possibly the writers) that undercutting Sonny will only put Michael's immediate and extended family at risk. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the only person who MIGHT make him see reason is Carly, who doesn't seem to have been told about Michael's plan explicitly. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

it's unbelievable that it hasn't occurred to Michael (and possibly the writers) that undercutting Sonny will only put Michael's immediate and extended family at risk. 

not really. Michael is a dipstick. nothing really ever occurs to him.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

I was so disappointed in Britt’s acting today. She’s been one of my favorites but yesterday and today, she was so over the top that she was not believable. Please bring her back to being a doctor at GH.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

So who's the "family" that Ms. Wu was let down by in the past? The rookie cop? Why can't there just be more Asians on the show without being connected to the Wu Family?

I wonder if we're going to find out that Mrs. Wu is really Brad's mother and she had to give him up to a relative.

3 hours ago, Blackie said:

What "friend: did Brad send the video of Britt to? I thought he didn't have any other friends other than Britt.

That's what I was wondering. Brad sent it to just one person who then apparently posted it on the internet. Shouldn't Britt's wrath be directed at that person?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I was so disappointed in Britt’s acting today. She’s been one of my favorites but yesterday and today, she was so over the top that she was not believable. Please bring her back to being a doctor at GH.

This might be what KT was talking about a few weeks ago on twitter. She was basically saying she wasn’t responsible for what the viewers would be seeing storyline wise. I’m not exactly sure what in particular she was hinting at. Being knocked down in to a pool or working with Josh Kelly or Britt looking kind of week and pathetic the past few days. I’m think the weak and pathetic part. They build Britt to have many layers and nuances but now she’s rather pathetic. Hopefully, FV & the writers will correct that soon. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Michael trying to take down Sonny’s operation sounds like something that would be good on paper but flops because of the circumstances/execution. I know I used to wish one of Sonny’s kids stood against Sonny and the mob and vowed to take him down since Sonny wouldn’t be able to go after them as hard as he would a regular rival. It really should have been Dante but we can’t have nice things. 

Now where is loses me is first, we know Michael doesn’t care that Sonny is a mobster or a criminal. Second, Sonny sleeping with Nina shouldn’t have been the line in the sand. Third, Michael is always set up to win and it comes off like he’s just attacking Sonny because he knows Sonny won’t retaliate. As much as he says Sonny doesn’t care about his family, I don’t think he would be doing this if he really thought Sonny would go after him full force. Lastly, we were hit over the head last year about how Carly had to make the great sacrifice and take over the mob to save PC because otherwise, it left a vacuum for other mobsters to take over the territory. So all of a sudden, Michael isn’t worried about a rival mob taking over and all of his loved ones being taken out?

No.  Michael is a stupid, two dimensional, short range thinker.  This will never happen, but my super dream scenario is for Dex to fuck up again and accidentally kill Carly.  Sonny kills Dex but is reckless and gets caught.  Michael becomes distraught and loses his shot when he finds out he got his mommy offed.  This finally snaps Willow back to reality, who somehow finds out(like it matters) that SheBeast held out about Nina.  This causes her to take Wiley and flee to Nina.  As she realizes what a bunch of assholes the Corinthi are.  A deranged Michael pursues and in true soap fashion end sup dying in a mishap.  Maybe something involving molten metal.  So his body is burnt beyond all possible survival, but totally identifiable.  Sonny finally snaps while I’m custody and is permanently sent to wherever the hell they stuck Heather Webber, where she torments him for the rest of his life.  To wrap things up, Selima Wu takes over Sonny’s mob family, which never appeared to have more than about eight guys. 

We viewers live happily ever after.  The end.

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

I honestly can’t pay attention to anything that happens in that “barn” because my brain keeps getting distracted by the logistical improbabilities. Like, 

-Why is the stall right next to the dining table? Have any of the set decorators ever smelled an actual horse stall??
-And how are they going to shovel out the manure? Will Cody carry it through the living room on a pitchfork?
-Why does the show suddenly need a constant horse presence anyway? You know Leo’s still going to appear only about every 3 months. Did one of the writers decide to recoup a bad horse investment by hiring it?
-Is there a horse coach who stands there and ensures Moss Horse (Hoss?) listens quizzically to every conversation? Because that silky-haired pony is very attentive.
—Do you really want a fireplace right next to a room filled with straw? Although, silly me, that stall is probably lined with satin sheets. And the only meal served is apple smoothies. Only the best for our Hoss.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I honestly can’t pay attention to anything that happens in that “barn” because my brain keeps getting distracted by the logistical improbabilities. Like, 

-Why is the stall right next to the dining table? Have any of the set decorators ever smelled an actual horse stall??
-And how are they going to shovel out the manure? Will Cody carry it through the living room on a pitchfork?
-Why does the show suddenly need a constant horse presence anyway? You know Leo’s still going to appear only about every 3 months. Did one of the writers decide to recoup a bad horse investment by hiring it?
-Is there a horse coach who stands there and ensures Moss Horse (Hoss?) listens quizzically to every conversation? Because that silky-haired pony is very attentive.
—Do you really want a fireplace right next to a room filled with straw? Although, silly me, that stall is probably lined with satin sheets. And the only meal served is apple smoothies. Only the best for our Hoss.

They play horse's neighing in the background at points, so I think we are supposed to have the impression that we are seeing the back of the barn, and behind that horse we see is a huge horse stable that opens onto the grounds.  However, it's a bad set, and I can't get past exactly what you state here.  I  mean, it's pretty crazy, I don't know what they were thinking. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I love when the show gets a new set and because obsessed with it paying for itself to the point we're getting Michael having business meetings in the world's fanciest ~barn. 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 9
18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Michael trying to be all threatening with the horse in the background. It doesn't exactly make Michael look like he's in charge. 

Ugh, he's such a hateful character. (Michael, not the horse.)

Did Horsie keep bumping the SLS from behind? Because that's what the horse in Smallville kept doing to Lana in the blooper reel, so they had to move him a foot behind. Even the horse was annoyed with the Pink Pestilence!

18 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Oh PLEASE!!!!! This fuckwit wishes he was a mob godfather. Mooby kept him out of the bidnez his whole life. And now he thinks he can take him down? What any competent goon or whatever passes for the mob on this FAKAKTA show is going to go along with what this stuttering, mealy mouthed, whiny Eeyore, derp-faced idiot mob boss wannabe?

16 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

Because that's how this FAKAKTA show rolls.

Call me if there is a Robin Sighting please. Because clearly, they've decided to stop with the Nurses Ball.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Suicidy said:

This will never happen, but my super dream scenario is for Dex to fuck up again and accidentally kill Carly.

Or Willow.  Or Wiley.  If this was a real show, that's what would happen.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Or Willow.  Or Wiley.  If this was a real show, that's what would happen.

pretty much.
I just wish we could fast forward time until Dex just gets shot in the chest, because you know no one else is going to be hurt because of Dipstick's decisions.

• Love 4

Days that Carly knows that Nina is Willow's mother and is deliberately not saying anything: 5. (i think LOL)

"Is something off with Spinelli?"
How can you even tell?

Why do we have bearded wonder? waste of time. 

Carly: who is your source?
Me: it doesn't work that way you dumbo.

Nik is a moron
Nik is a double moron if he's trusting Esme to take care of any "problems"

Gladys can be annoying but man - Gladys is such a ride and die person and she is like.. the best thing in this stupid storyline. it would make more sense if Sasha was actually using again and lying to everyone instead of being really crappy with her panic attacks

Joss doesn't trust in Cam because he won't do what she wants him to do. what a swell girlfriend. #freeCam

trina (like cam) tells Joss how this is stupid to break up Esme + Spencer and Joss pouts. #freeTrina

they made this decision without even having a hearing? what a swell school. 

i'm so bored. i need a brownie. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

There’s something bothering spinelli. Let’s go hatchet tossing with him. How do they say these lines without laughing. 

Edited by jacourt
Auto spell
  • LOL 5

Carly doesn't like Spinelli's new wardrobe. She only approves of Jason's black t-shirts and Sonny's suits.

Sam prefers Spinelli's old look, whuch IIRC was garage grunge. How did Jax ever like you?

Neither Carly nor Sam can understand why Spinelli would see a therapist after his marriage fell apart.

Brando is clearly a Corinthos -- there is a bowl of sand on his coffee table. I haven't seen ine of thise since people stopped smoking.

Joss handwaves Trina's legal problems. Is she thinking of taking Cameron too? Because Rich Girl, he can't afford it. AND his mother is in a psychiatric facility.

Why doesn't Trina get legal representation for the Title IX stuff?

Why are Spencer and Esme acting like 3 year olds having a tantrum. "You're not the boss of me." stomp, stomp.

I am soooo bored with the Esme sex tape storyline . Esme and Nik are 🤮.

4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Days that Carly knows that Nina is Willow's mother and is deliberately not saying anything: 5. (i think LOL)

Why do we have bearded wonder? waste of time.

i'm so bored. i need a brownie.

The pot kind? Save me some.

Ava standing up to Esme and Gladys were the only good things. Britt seeing through bearded wonder gets part marks.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

At least someone made Britt feel better, even if it’s a con job. I see no chemistry between her and beard guy.

The Spinelli story is so not going to get better. He wouldn’t be doing all this weirdness for his friend *Jason*, would he? Probably not as it certainly wouldn’t involve getting better clothes.

Loved Trina’s dress and new make up on her. Joss ditching Cam while he’s probably struggling though, very not cool.

I would love to see an Ava / Spencer take down of Nick. Enough with the long satiny sleeves, however.

• Love 7

Today's episode was extra dumb.

First, I will never like that Sam and Carly are buddy-buddy because it makes zero sense. I'm all for bygones, but not with Carly. Sam's dress was nice. The investigation on Maggy Fitzgerald hasn't moved an inch from what Spencer told her, so that's not exactly a good look for a PI. Couldn't the writers at least have said that she thinks she found her? This is why viewers make fun of Sam's PI skills.

Now, Spinelli. I can't believe they built a story arc around him and this business venture. And why are Carly and Sam surprised that Spinelli has money? He wasn't working pro bono for Sonny and Jason. They were paying him and I'm pretty sure his ass has money parked in offshore accounts like the good mob flunky that he was.

NuTrina wears her clothes really well. Pretty sure she'd still look good if they put her in a potato sack. Could give a fuck about Joss.

I'm sure Nikolas and Esme will bang again. And him asking her if she needs something from the pharmacy. Good to know that unprotected sex happened.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 9