Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Who was then decapitated for her trouble and her head put in a barrel to be discovered at a Halloween party. That was pretty awesome.

But wasn't it Ryan who did that?

I genuinely can't remember, but I do remember the actress posting a picture of herself with the head.

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I like how LW goes all in with Carly's terribleness. She's not afraid of things getting ugly, whereas I think MB really hates any sign of weakness in Sonny, and CD and EM aren't skilled enough actors to give Michael and Joss layers. 

Layers is a good way to look at it. I think that’s a big reason I like Carly. I know many here see only one layer of terribleness (and I see that layer too), but I also see more dimensions and that’s what makes her interesting to me. 

Mikey and Joss, on the other hand, are one-dimensional and that makes them dull as dirt. 

• Love 3

The dorky teenage pussyfooting of BLQ and Chase is making me hate them before they've even started!

They are suddenly making Esme very obvious in her machinations. I hope that means Nik is onto her and setting a trap. No matter what she does (save for killing someone) when it comes out that she is under the control of Ryan, I'm sure this will allow for her redemption if they want to keep the character. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I know, but she's young and easily manipulated, and he is a master criminal and manipulator, so allowances will be made. She falls somewhere between Harmony being influenced by Shiloh and Franco's tumor on the redeemability scale! : D 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I think that she's definitely redeemable, between no family and being in Ryan's cult, but the problem is that she''s a Joss antagonist and the antagonist for Carly's kids never fare well. Look how long it took to get Chase a decent storyline after he became Michael's rival.

Even Trina, as long as she's been on the show has predominantly been there to support Joss first through the Oscar days, then mourning, then Joss' relationship with Cameron. Josh Swickard, William Lipton and Sydney M. are all better actors than Duel or McCoy but they're still put on torch bearer duty.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
30 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

better actors than Duel

Come on-- my  pet poodle is  a better actor than Duel.

eta:  I am sorta hoping Esme makes a complaint  to the cops for the "assault"  tee hee.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

You’d think Carly would know better than to mess with skinny girls with long straight hair. LOL!!!!

I guess Esme will follow Ryan’s plan to seduce Nicholas and I guess either hide it from Spencer and hopefully let Carly walk in on it…..I guess. 

Another episode and another person (Curtis) not doing what Ms. Wu says. When will people learn?! 

Nice scenes with Spencer and Cameron as usual. I’m sure once Spencer thinks about he’ll realize it was Esme but by that time she’ll have moved onto her next mark (Nicholas) and, won’t care. Unless, she tries to trap Nicholas and Spencer will once again believe her over all else. I’m not sure how I like Spence being continually being gaslit but Esme. That said, men on soaps have been doing it for years. LOL!!!!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She seems like a very willing partner, not someone who'd doing things she doesn't want to.

Kevin was still trying with Ryan (by hiding his whereabouts and trying to treat him) who was unrepetant serial killer. Esme is under the influence of Ryan and she may be his "daughter." In any case, I have no doubt that it was Ryan that killed her adoptive parents.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Two things can be true at once:  Esme definitely needs to pay for this video shit, but Carly is an asshole and a bully to be laying hands on her. 

Also, LO-fucking-L that Carly tells Esme to get therapy.  I guess Jason being her savior is what she has decided was how she turned her hateful ways (ha) around. 

• Love 5

I'm not sure which Carly line was funnier, when she told Esme that she was angry at the world and thought she was owed back when she was Esme's age, or when she told Joss she was entitled to scream and cry, as if either one of them ever waits for permission to express their feelings about everything, including things that have nothing to do with them.

Great scenes between Cam and Spencer.

Surprised that Deus Ex Spinelli hasn't resolved the question of who did it yet.

• Love 3

I'm wondering if they're going the route of Esme cloning Trina's phone so it looks like Trina did it. And Spencer being with her when it was uploaded was her alibi. But, if he admits he broke out of baby-jail, he could get a harsher sentence. So he has to decide if he wants to risk real prison to exonerate Trina.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

I'm wondering if they're going the route of Esme cloning Trina's phone so it looks like Trina did it. And Spencer being with her when it was uploaded was her alibi. But, if he admits he broke out of baby-jail, he could get a harsher sentence. So he has to decide if he wants to risk real prison to exonerate Trina.

That would actually be a really interesting dilemma for him.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I guess Esme will follow Ryan’s plan to seduce Nicholas

If Nik falls for that, he's deadtome. He's always led with his penis, so it wouldn't necessarily be OOC, but he's supposed to be madly in love with Ava. And Ava certainly has Esmé's number, so it would be OOC if she were fooled by any sort of setup. Unless the plot demands it, of course, which is always possible.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I think that she's definitely redeemable, between no family and being in Ryan's cult, but the problem is that she''s a Joss antagonist and the antagonist for Carly's kids never fare well. Look how long it took to get Chase a decent storyline after he became Michael's rival.

Even Trina, as long as she's been on the show has predominantly been there to support Joss first through the Oscar days, then mourning, then Joss' relationship with Cameron. Josh Swickard, William Lipton and Sydney M. are all better actors than Duel or McCoy but they're still put on torch bearer duty.

Speaking only for myself, I don’t think the actress is capable of redeeming the character, but I despise her.  I already strongly disliked her for the constant cracks about her “adoptive” parents. Now she’s drugged Trina, set her up for a crime, tried to make Trina look like an angry black woman, and is now moving on to her sexual partner’s daddy.  That’s just gross, though quite soapy.  And that’s not even counting her little pyro act and psychological torture of Ava.  I think Chloe, who played Nelle would have been up to it. Not this girl. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I don't think Esme is on a redemption path. With GH tradition as a guide, I expect her to get darker and darker in her deeds before dying, "dying," or being sent offscreen to hang with Heather Webber, "Liv" Jerome, and the other crazy-pants women who came and went. She strikes me as a classic soup-thickener type.

"Bad" youth usually has a limited shelf life on this show. Examples: Dev, Rafe, Kiefer, Logan, Diego, Kyle (the villain of the first version of this internet-sex story, with "Maximum Maxie")...

Admittedly, some of those were played by mediocre or worse actors who showed no sign of growth, and no one was sorry to see them go.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I don't think Esme is on a redemption path. With GH tradition as a guide, I expect her to get darker and darker in her deeds before dying, "dying," or being sent offscreen to hang with Heather Webber, "Liv" Jerome, and the other crazy-pants women who came and went. She strikes me as a classic soup-thickener type.

"Bad" youth usually has a limited shelf life on this show. Examples: Dev, Rafe, Kiefer, Logan, Diego, Kyle (the villain of the first version of this internet-sex story, with "Maximum Maxie")...

Admittedly, some of those were played by mediocre or worse actors who showed no sign of growth, and no one was sorry to see them go.

"GH tradition" post JFP. The Kiefer actor wasn't bad. Weirdly enough, Ignacio Serricchio (Diego), is probably one of the more successful GH alumni, as he has a role on the Netflix reboot "Lost in Space." I find it unsettlingly  that is "evil" teenage character that the show is so quick to kill off, while the evil adults are the ones that show goes out of its way to try redeem or keep on for years, when kids are the ones whose brains aren't developed. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

"GH tradition" post JFP. The Kiefer actor wasn't bad.

I did like him (Christian Alexander).

But what they were writing him to do, it's hard to come back from on a soap. Even 90210 sent Ray Pruitt/Jamie Walters packing after he physically abused Donna, and he hadn't been as much an out-and-out villain throughout.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I did like him (Christian Alexander).

But what they were writing him to do, it's hard to come back from on a soap. Even 90210 sent Ray Pruitt/Jamie Walters packing after he physically abused Donna, and he hadn't been as much an out-and-out villain throughout.

Also, who knew physically abusing Donna Martin and/or Tori Spelling would ruin someone’s careers. Jamie Walters never recovered from that storyline. Even then I thought it was odd. I was like, People it’s a stupid tv show! LOL!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

On the British soap, Eastenders, they managed to redeem an abuser. He abused his young nephew and became a regular on the show. He stopped the abuse of course. LOL! This had to be the late 90s/early 2000s. I haven't seen Eastenders in years so I'm not sure how if it would go down the same nowadays. I do think soaps were a bit more gutsy then and created more three-dimensional characters. 

Anyway, I agree w/those who don't think Esme will be redeemed. I just can tell she is not long for this soap world. For this show and its current audience, Esme has already gone too far for their taste. Some were done w/her when she torched Ava's car. Now, they are really done w/her b/c of the sex tape. IMO, if she hadn't been tied to whacky Ryan, she might be able to be redeemed but she has been. She seems fully on board w/Ryan and his plans, so I'm just waiting for her to "die" at this point. There is no middle ground w/her or nuance. It sucks b/c I like the actress and think she (and Spencer) were just what the teen group needed. But they have taken her too far just like they did w/Nelle. I loved Nelle, but they took it a step too far for her too  - not for me personally but definitely for the larger audience. On another board, most of the members hated Dev for stealing Joss's diary. I was like, "who cares," but I was rare! People acted like he was the devil! LOL! If he had to go, then Esme surely will too!

As I said yesterday, I am mostly disappointed w/the direction of her character b/c I can see it's toward a dead end. I liked Esme and wanted her to stick around but I can't see that happening now. I'm not interested in her seducing Nikolas or accusing him of rape or whatever game she will play. The show needs some more creative writers. We just saw similar stuff play out. Who wants to watch it again w/new players? Not me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I think that it's because she is tied to Ryan that she can be redeemed. Whether she is his daughter biologically or not, they've already played up the power imbalance. Her story is a retread of what they did with Nelle, but no one was standing behind Nelle pulling strings. Nelle had a genuine chance at starting over, but she chose to go a different way. 

Esme has done things that should have landed her in jail. Torching Ava's car and the sex tape are just off the charts terrible, but how long has she been around Ryan. And this whole thing about the death of her adoptive parents and how she won't talk about it has been wondering if Ryan didn't kill them in front of her. Esme allegedly has siblings (or adoptive ones), so I'm expecting to see one of them surface eventually. 

If Harmony's deeds can be looked past (although I don't know how long that will last), then I think that Esme can be redeemed because of Ryan. 

I think Esme's biggest sin is that she decided to go up against Joss. That's the biggest problem with any storyline involving the turnip for brains. Nobody can win or be redeemed because of them. They will never allow her to move on or forget the things that she's done.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If Nik falls for that, he's deadtome. He's always led with his penis, so it wouldn't necessarily be OOC, but he's supposed to be madly in love with Ava. And Ava certainly has Esmé's number, so it would be OOC if she were fooled by any sort of setup. Unless the plot demands it, of course, which is always possible.

I don’t think Ava will be fooled, but she will certainly be unforgiving if Nikolas actually gives in to temptation. Which he almost certainly will, because he’s Nikolas. Ava or no Ava, it’s always penis first with that guy.

• Love 1

Honestly, I just feel if they wanted to redeem Esme they could and AP has the talent to pull it off.  even if they stick her in jail for like a few months whatever and she gets out on good behaviour/reprogramming whatever. I'll say I love Esme and i want to know more about her (i hate the bad things she is doing but i think as of now she is is on the edge because I do see the branch of redemption). if they just make her the newest evil. then I just think it's a waste of AP. 

• Love 6

One of my biggest issues with Esme is that the character was basically treading water for months, with occasional teases about what she wanted with Ryan. Now they seem to be moving ahead with that storyline, but it took them months before there was any real movement with it

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I don’t think Ava will be fooled, but she will certainly be unforgiving if Nikolas actually gives in to temptation. Which he almost certainly will, because he’s Nikolas. Ava or no Ava, it’s always penis first with that guy.

And Nikolas hasn't been high on the GH totem pole for a long time, so you just know that if there's a potential for unflattering writing, he won't dodge any of it. I'd say Nem was the last time I sensed an investment in him. Afterward, whether it was Tyler, Marcus, or Nick Stabile, the character has had a whole lot of "thankless": not really a good guy, not really a bad guy, but usually ineffectual. When he schemes, he isn't any good at it. His stories are never really about him. 

I do like Marcus Coloma, but I feel that most of his best moments were early on. I loved him kicking the door in and walking in drenched with Ava in his arms to confront Valentin. Since then, he's mostly been "Ava's guy" and "Spencer's estranged father." They've dropped a lot of his other connections. He hardly has scenes with his BFF Liz anymore.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

#DaisyRage
Sonny emphatically stating he's Michael's father.....in AJ'S HOUSE. Like. if you are going to pull this "i am your father crap." at least do it at sonny's house or public areas not in the Q desmene.

#DaisyRage2
Michael and Willow doubling down on Nina not seeing Wiley becuse she's "not good for him." Willow going how she "lied to me to get a visit." WHEN DID SHE LIE TO YOU? You aren't entitled to know all her business. If you wanna be BFFs with Carly because of Michael, fine. (and you know do this stupid storyline whatever). But Nina didn't owe you the nitty gritty of her sexy times.  Then michael pouting "WELL YOU CHOSE NINA OVER THE FAMILY." again just say what you expected. That you want Sonny to kill Nina. and you are pouting that didn't happen. You can't be pissed off that Sonny didn't jump to burn Nina at the cross because you decided to press charges without asking the actual victim if he was okay with it YOU MORON..

Someone needs to remind Michael that his son is not a weapon and as someone who was raised that way it's not going to end out well.  

TempMonica is very spry LOL

• Love 14

I wasn't really paying attn to today's episode but CM's Drew is everyone's friend. Today, he was chatting up Liz and lending her a shoulder/ear. Tomorrow, he's back w/his "bestie" Carly (ugh). He's been seen w/practically everyone at this point, right? He cares about and likes everyone! 

I never watched AMC, but I do love a good Hallmark Christmas movie. LOL!  I don't mind CM. He's a good actor, and I thought I was going to enjoy his Drew but . . . . . there's just something about his version that's not gelling w/me. I loved BM's Drew, and CM just has Drew's name. He doesn't feel like Drew. It's weird. There also doesn't seem to be any point to Drew. He just floats around and supports/likes everyone. 

ETA: As a fan who has supported Sonny when it comes to this NF thing, I do wish the dialogue was better. Sonny should have told Michael that he never asked Michael to get justice for him, and that Michael should have listened to him instead of running off to do what he wanted. The man told them from the beginning he just wanted to move on w/his life! They just ignored him and got upset b/c he didn't do what THEY wanted but claim to care about him! Ugh! Michael is such an insufferable brat. His huffing and puffing about Nina is annoying at this point. Get over it, Michael. No one cares. My personal feelings on grandparents' rights' aside - for purposes of this show, I hope Nina sues and gets them! I want a judge to order them to hand Wiley over every weekend for unsupervised visitation. It would serve those brats right. 

I'm so sick of them acting like Wiley seeing Nina would be so horrible for him. She is not going to do anything to hurt that brat! 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 12
18 minutes ago, lala2 said:

He's been seen w/practically everyone at this point, right? He cares about and likes everyone! 

I think they wanted to connect him with Carly and that doens't seem to have any legs, they've doubled down on Sam/Dante so now they need to chem test him with others.  Maxie, Britt, Liz.  Personally, I think he and Britt are pretty together.  

Temp Monica was a really good actress but i'm not sure if I beleived what she was saying would come out of real Monica's mouth on any other day.  

So if Jake wasn't putting the horrible photo on the mantel than what was he doing that day that he can't tell Liz the truth about.  Also, why is the photo still on the mantel and not in the garbage.  

Laura's assistant is a giant pain the ass.  she's all upset that Laura's taking five minutes out of her day to have a chit chat with Robert and Sante, and yet, Laura was actually out of town in a safe house for months.  Calm down Eileen.  

53 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I do like Marcus Coloma, but I feel that most of his best moments were early on. I loved him kicking the door in and walking in drenched with Ava in his arms to confront Valentin.

That was seriously HAAWWT!!

28 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Willow going how she "lied to me to get a visit." WHEN DID SHE LIE TO YOU? Y

Well technically, technically (!) it was a lie of omission.  I'm on Nina's side here, but she did get all chummy, chummy with Willow five seconds after getting out of Sonny's bed and never said anything about Carly's head blowing up.  She didn't have to tell Willow that she had slept with Sonny but she did sort of owe her that the other grandma was super pissed with her.  

30 minutes ago, Daisy said:

That you want Sonny to kill Nina

Yep. That's what's pissing off Michael and Carly.  Willow on the other hand, just seems upset that Nina is trying to snow her at every chance, which Nina really is.  

26 minutes ago, lala2 said:

She is not going to do anything to hurt that brat! 

Well, she could fill his head full of anti Millow stuff.  Look how easy it was to get him to say that Willow wasn't his mother and that was when he was two years younger and clueless.  

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I'm so sick of them acting like Wiley seeing Nina would be so horrible for him. She is not going to do anything to hurt that brat! 

and i find it hilarious that this is basically stemming from Nina babbling that she's Nelle's mother. that's what's pissing them off. Team Corinthii wants to delete Nelle like they deleted AJ. fine. whatever. And Michael is realising (as Carly/Sonny/Jason) did - you can't just delete someone. They don't tend to "heel" they you want.

All Nina wants to do is just spend time with the kid. if you don't trust Nina to not blab her heart out then have  the Nanny, or you (because god knows you never go to work), just sit there and watch her. 

what did Nina actually confuse 2 year old wiley about. That he was his other mother's mother. (again the show is making me believe that A: Nina told a two year old. all the business (which was never shown on screen). and then B: said two year old told all of that to Willow. which made her upset and weepy and made Michael upset. 

no. What is pissing you off is that as of now

A: You hated Nelle.

B: You hate that Nelle and you made a kid

C: You hate that Nina reminds you of the Nelle connection and that (righly/wrongly) Nina isn't going to let Nelle be deleted from Wiley's life. 

D:You also hate that Sonny actually doesn't mind Nina because in the grand scheme of evil things people do in this town what Nina did is pretty much on the "well that's wrong but here pass the butter." side of things.  - because at the end of the day tits for tats here. Carly (regardless if she really wanted to). was not going to tell Nina about her daughter. it came out the way it did. Nina didn't have to tell the family about Sonny and quite frankly using this to be all "Well carly needed to be a mob mistress" so so weaksauce since BOTH you + your mother want to be in the business anyway). 

and now you are grabbing on every last thing to make your conviction stick.. Let's ignore the fact that the last tie we actually saw this kid (why he exists i have no idea). he was pleased to see Nina.. He ran to her. He clearly has a connection. but that means nothing because nina might what? mention Nelle again?  just have the balls to say it 

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Well, she could fill his head full of anti Millow stuff.  Look how easy it was to get him to say that Willow wasn't his mother and that was when he was two years younger and clueless.  

I could be wrong but I honestly don't think she would say anything about those losers if she had time w/her grandchild. It seems - to me - she just wants to see her grandchild. Millowtonin are the ones blowing it out of proportion. They act like that brat is sooo precious and such a delicate flower. My goodness! It's sickening and obnoxious! "Wiley, Wiley, Wiley." SHUT UP! lol

@Daisy - I couldn't agree more w/your entire post!

If we take it all the way back - Carly only hates Nina b/c Nina learned Nelle was her daughter! That's it! Nina never actually did anything to Carly except learn the truth! Oh, and Nina had the nerve to reflect and think she possibly could have been a positive influence in Nelle's life had she raised her. That's Nina's huge crime - wishing she had raised her daughter and no longer wanting to speak ill of her. That's why I can never be on Carly's side b/c her anger toward Nina never made any freaking sense. The woman didn't do anything except learn she had a daughter and express some regrets! 

And as you pointed out, Michael - like all Corinthii - wanted to ERASE Nelle from history and replace her w/Willow as Wiley's mother, and Nina is a reminder that he cannot do that! There was no other reason - at the time - for his OTT anger and hatred of Nina! IIRC, Nina simply told Wiley she was NOT Willow's mother. From there, genius 2-year old Wiley deduced that Willow was not his biological mother. Ok!🙄

All the drama surrounding this kid has been so illogical, OTT, and crazy. I'm over it. I don't care about Wiley. Nothing bad will happen to stupid Wiley if Nina visits him. It's all so lame. They need some better drama than this. This story only works if you buy into the idea that Nina is dangerous for that brat, and I don't. I never did. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Well technically, technically (!) it was a lie of omission.  I'm on Nina's side here, but she did get all chummy, chummy with Willow five seconds after getting out of Sonny's bed and never said anything about Carly's head blowing up.  She didn't have to tell Willow that she had slept with Sonny but she did sort of owe her that the other grandma was super pissed with her.  

well she did. (and to be fair it was the next day LOL). what Nina said was that she + carly would never find peace. She didn't go into the nitty gritty details of why. (and I don't think she needed to tell her that she had sexytimes and Carly caught her - just it's never going to happen which was the truth). Willow is pissed that she didn't get the "because" but honestly not everyone is entitled to the "because". 

(like the lie of omission thing is tricky. like when it's actually deployed i get it. but here -like it's ommited because no one needed to know that bit."). it's not like Nina painted it as "Well we went grocery shopping and I took the last box of carrot cake Oreos, so Carly's never going to forgive me."  (and dead honest, Nina could have NOT slept with Sonny - and Carly was always gonna hate her so either way Nina was right No peace to be had) 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, lala2 said:

If we take it all back - Carly only hates Nina b/c Nina learned Nelle was her daughter! That's it!

actually what solidified it was Nina realising that Jax and Carly might have lied about what happened at the cabin because why lie if you didn't do anything wrong? (which is what most people would have assumed.  Jax convinced Carly to lie (i can't remember it was dumb). they realized the Necklace of Proof was there. and instead of simply even lying and going "I remember seeing the necklace on Nelle one day, and we didn't want to get your hopes up so we had the baby DNA tested with  like a strand of hair you left behind and SURPRISE!!!! NELLE  WAS YOUR KID! sorry she died." ). Nina was right to be upset about lies and then Carly was all "She'll warp Wiley back to her side. she's mentally fragile"

And all i am saying (again) is i think it's normal to want to ...pity someone when you realize you might have been able to help them. we all do it. and again if Nelle had mental issues. and Nina was pumped w/all those drugs - of course she felt guility. Nelle was a victim of Nina's mom. (that doesn't justify what she did - and i'll never say it will - but it puts a clearer picture of why she did it. she wasn't mentally up there - and who knows if she had had a stable relationship Nelle coulda been. well. at least grey on the spectrum of black and white). but with Corinthii  that never enters their mind at all. It's just "Nina is making Nelle the victim, and Nina is pretending she's a victim. so they are wrong. bleh bleh." 

(which is why making Willow Nina's daughter and not making it Nelle is so harmful for potential good storylines down the road. but whatever). 

18 minutes ago, lala2 said:

That's why I can never be on Carly's side b/c her anger toward Nina never made any freaking sense.

the only thing Carly had the right to be upset about is that Nina knew and didn't say anything (just like Nina had the right to be upset that Carly knew and didn't say anything). And the Kids have a right to be pissed that Nina hid them. which is why this whole "I didn't want to know, I didn't care." crap needs to also come out, but whatever

But per usual. Carly never takes the three seconds to go "how did I end up here." (ie: maybe if i had shut up and not threatened Nina i would have learned a year ago that my husband was alive. maybe if I wasn't so determined to hurt people for every imagined wrong, me and my family wouldn't have suffered."  Because nina was  wrong in that, the little kids didn't deserve that (but did Alan + Monica, Edward + Lila et al deserve to be hurt when Carly + Sonny decided to make Jason into a mobster killer and go out of their way to destroy AJ? Answer: no. but they got hurt anyway - over and over again).

and what's frustrating is the show just... dances on the edge of that (unless awesome writer gets to play) and they bend over backwards to make the Corinthii right.  so whatever. I am honestly though needing Wiley to be mob-murdered. mostly so Michael can realize maybe having a mobster family is a little bit worse than having a grandmother who wants to talk about her dead daughter. 

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Seriously. It's all about their feelings about Nina, not how she treats Wiley. It's also completely tedious.

20 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Laura's assistant is a giant pain the ass.  she's all upset that Laura's taking five minutes out of her day to have a chit chat with Robert and Sante,

She's definitely a pain, but she's also one of Victor's minions and is keeping an eye on Laura for him.

23 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Willow on the other hand, just seems upset that Nina is trying to snow her at every chance, which Nina really is.  

I disagree with this. Nina has definitely shown some bad judgement—she needs to start taking the offensive, not wait for people to confront her—but when it comes to Wiley, Nina just wants access to the stupid brat. Willow isn't entitled to know Nina's every thought and movement, especially when they have nothing to do with Willow, Michael, or Wiley.

"Lying to Wiley" OMG. The stupid brat is what, 3 years old? Does he even understand what a lie is? Shut up, Willow and Michael.

26 minutes ago, Daisy said:

just sit there and watch her

And there's this. So dumb no one has thought of it.

The Austria shenanigans were embarrassing to watch.

• Love 8

I know it’s unavoidable now but all these temp recasts really throw me off.  Like temp Monica had more scenes with Jake than I ever remember regular Monica having. And what was with that huge infodump on Finn about how long she’s known Elizabeth?  Just weird.

Although I couldn’t care less if Luke is dead or alive I do like Felicia and Anna off on a mini caper.  Woman power and all that;)

I have nothing but loathing for Michael and Willow.  When Sonny said he is dealing with Nina’s lies and is trying to move past it I was shocked with how mature that sounded.  And you know when Sonny is the most levelheaded person in the room something is horribly wrong.  I’m still very sketch about grandparents being able to sue for visitation over the wishes of the parents, but those two are the worst.

I like Jake so I’m glad he’s getting some screen time  I’m actually interested in seeing what’s up with this story.  Heh, when Liz apologized for venting to Drew and said he must have more important things to do I was just like no, he literally hasn’t done anything but listen to other peoples problems since he got back in town. Horrible waste of CM, but I guess at least he’s getting a paycheck.  He can do so much more though.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I’m still very sketch about grandparents being able to sue for visitation over the wishes of the parents, but those two are the worst.

Didn't they say that because Wiley has only one living bio parent, Nina has the right to sue for visitation?  I may have nodded off there, but that's what I thought I heard.

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Didn't they say that because Wiley has only one living bio parent, Nina has the right to sue for visitation?  I may have nodded off there, but that's what I thought I heard.

Yeah, but I don't think she has a very good case, as she didn't have a relationship with Wiley before Nelle died.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Sonny emphatically stating he's Michael's father.....in AJ'S HOUSE. Like. if you are going to pull this "i am your father crap." at least do it at sonny's house or public areas not in the Q desmene.

This is going to be a very unpopular opinion, but Michael was not raised by AJ (yes, because Carly wouldn't let him, because Sonny strung him up on a meat hook to force him to sign away his parental rights). Sonny is Michael's father. This he is what he is and honestly, I wouldn't wish Michael on AJ. 

And Michael talking to his father like that was just . . . how many times is he going to be allowed to do that? When Sonny turned around and walked back into the kitchen, I thought that he was going to slug him and nothing would have made me happier than to see Michael get the taste punched out of his mouth by a man who is several inches shorter than him.

Plus CD is such a bad bad BAD actor that Michael anger always comes out as him shouting (and also stuttering for some reason) at someone.

Michael needs to take a fucking seat. And he's made his bed. At the end of the day, Michael chose Sonny over AJ. He forgave him for murdering a defenseless man. He was angry for a hot second, then folded like a lawn chair because he is a spineless weasel. And this is where we are now.

And as far as the whole Sonny doing this in the Q mansion, first, I don't think Michael has any business living there. Our intrepid and smartest CEO evah should take his dumb kid, his dumb girlfriend and find his own house. Second, Monica was all rah rah rah Carly and Jason are in wuv and busy accepting Carly as Jason's wife and forgiving her for what she put AJ through, for taking his son from him and jeopardizing his sobriety. 

If Monica accepts to put up with the roaches in her own home after what said roaches did to her family, then maybe it's time for us to let go of this whole rhetoric about how the cockroaches shouldn't be allowed into Monica's house or how said cockroaches can't just walk into Monica's house uninvited. They are cockroaches, they go where they will.

Thank you for indulging my rant.

Today's episode mostly sucked and Laura is kind of an idiot for trusting deputy mayor after she stressed how important it was to contain the information to very select few. 

But hey, good news! Willow has a passport and here's to hers and Michael's plane being shot into the sun 🥂.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Yeah, but I don't think she has a very good case, as she didn't have a relationship with Wiley before Nelle died.

Did she know Wiley was her grandson before Nelle died? Regardless, I don't think not having a previous relationship would matter. The point is she's trying to build one now.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

But hey, good news! Willow has a passport and here's to hers and Michael's plane being shot into the sun 🥂.

Where are Victor and his sabotage plans when you need them?

Edited by dubbel zout
grammar
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I could be wrong but I honestly don't think she would say anything about those losers if she had time w/her grandchild. It seems - to me - she just wants to see her grandchild. Millowtonin are the ones blowing it out of proportion. They act like that brat is sooo precious and such a delicate flower. My goodness! It's sickening and obnoxious! "Wiley, Wiley, Wiley." SHUT UP! lol

It's not about Wiley, it's about Nina. The end.

They don't trust Nina and what she might say to Wiley, well one of them can stay with Nina and Wiley while she's visiting. It's really not that hard. 

1 minute ago, Asp Burger said:

Wow, he really was raised by Sonny!

I know. And CD went to MB's acting school, so it's not really that shocking.

I just find Michael exhausting when he's huffing and puffing like the total windbag that he is. 

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Daisy said:

the only thing Carly had the right to be upset about is that Nina knew and didn't say anything (just like Nina had the right to be upset that Carly knew and didn't say anything). And the Kids have a right to be pissed that Nina hid them. which is why this whole "I didn't want to know, I didn't care." crap needs to also come out, but whatever.

Oh, I agree. I was talking about before Nixon Falls. In my opinion, prior to NF, Carly had no legitimate reason to be angry w/Nina. None at all. Nina hadn't done anything to Carly and hadn't done anything wrong. Nina wishing she had been able to raise her daughter or thinking Nelle possibly wasn't the scum of the earth aren't horrible crimes! As you said, it was natural for Nina to wonder "what if" when it came to Nelle; Carly would have done the same! Long before NF, Carly had declared that Nina would never be in Wiley's life. There was no legitimate reason for Carly to feel that way. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
Just now, YaddaYadda said:

This is going to be a very unpopular opinion, but Michael was not raised by AJ (yes, because Carly wouldn't let him, because Sonny strung him up on a meat hook to force him to sign away his parental rights). Sonny is Michael's father. This he is what he is and honestly, I wouldn't wish Michael on AJ. 

i know. (and i mean. i respect adoption) - it just... makes me angry when it's stated in the Q house. like again when it's at Sonny's or whatever sure. but when he says it in the Q's it's just.. frustrating. (but i mean at the end of the day - that's who Michael sees as his dad, Sonny did adopt him legally and raised him. so i get it and  I do kind of like it when Sonny does go "I'm your parent show respect" because we don't really see that often on any show (it reminds me when Whitney Russell kept calling Eve a whore and then Eve  slapped her and flat out said. you can be mad at me little girl, but i am your mother and you be mad at me with respect).

4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

If Monica accepts to put up with the roaches in her own home after what said roaches did to her family, then maybe it's time for us to let go of this whole rhetoric about how the cockroaches shouldn't be allowed into Monica's house or how said cockroaches can't just walk into Monica's house uninvited. They are cockroaches, they go where they will.

this is true too. (but sometimes i will forget). LOL and i will always indulge your rants because they are great haha (even if i don't agree sometimes but i actually do agree with all your points here).  but someone has to be upset at the miscreants as Edward would say so if it's not gonna be Monica - it has to be us (sometimes). 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Daisy said:

i know. (and i mean. i respect adoption) - it just... makes me angry when it's stated in the Q house. like again when it's at Sonny's or whatever sure. but when he says it in the Q's it's just.. frustrating. (but i mean at the end of the day - that's who Michael sees as his dad, Sonny did adopt him legally and raised him. so i get it and  I do kind of like it when Sonny does go "I'm your parent show respect" because we don't really see that often on any show (it reminds me when Whitney Russell kept calling Eve a whore and then Eve  slapped her and flat out said. you can be mad at me little girl, but i am your mother and you be mad at me with respect).

Sonny didn't adopt him legally. He had AJ kidnapped, hang on a meat hook, and threaten to stage an accident that made it look like he was drinking. And Alexis filed the paperwork. That is why I wasn't that angry that AJ kidnapped Kristina first; Alexis knew perfectly well that AJ would never sign that paperwork and still filed it. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Sonny didn't adopt him legally. He had AJ kidnapped, hang on a meat hook, and threaten to stage an accident that made it look like he was drinking. And Alexis filed the paperwork. That is why I wasn't that anger that AJ kidnapped Kristina first; Alexis knew perfectly well that AJ would never sign that paperwork and still filed it. 

well legally in the eyes of the law. (not that it was procured legally).  trust me. i will never forget the meat hook. 

• Love 2

I feel like pre-Nixon Falls, Nina's big sin in the eyes of Carly and her circle was that she made a scene at the very dignified state funeral for that fallen hero, Sonny. While Carly was grieving. (Albeit much less than she would grieve for Jason nine months later.)

There was some other stuff like telling Wiley that she was his other mom's mom, yeah, but the funeral tirade was what got her on the shit list for all time. It was supposed to be the bride's special day, and no one should ruin that.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I feel like pre-Nixon Falls, Nina's big sin in the eyes of Carly and her circle was that she made a scene at the very dignified state funeral for that fallen hero, Sonny. While Carly was grieving. (Albeit much less than she would grieve for Jason nine months later.)

There was some other stuff like telling Wylie that she was his other mom's mom, yeah, but the funeral tirade was what got her on the shit list for all time. It was supposed to be the bride's special day, and no one should ruin that.

and funnily enough - Nina did ask to talk to Jax privately. Jax said it was his turn to blow smoke up Carly's ass that week, and that's where Nina (as Jax's girlfriend kinda got upset) - and it was at the end of the funeral too. they make it sound like Nina pitched a fit during the service. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Today's episode mostly sucked

Seriously it is bad when MB/Sonny is one of the best parts

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

The Austria shenanigans were embarrassing to watch.

Do they really think Austria is so back water that they keep paper files? Really it is 2022 and any snooping that needs to be done, needs to be done online. Either get Spinelli or cast another computer hacker, and spare us Felicia's PI skillz.

Poor Liz, she is just getting a bag of chips and Drew is all "Whats wrong?"  Gawd, I am doomed if that is the case.

Poor Jake, he walks of an elevator and everyone is "What's wrong, tell us what is going on!!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 3