Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

(edited)

Well, that's that! I guess I'm surprised it took her this long. I'm not sure Alexis has that many qualifications to run a paper though.

And I see they had Shawn mention Lord Enterprises and the Banner in Llanview, lol

Edited by jsbt
  • LOL 2
27 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Maybe an UO but i found those Sam/Dante scenes a little cringey. It was just a repeat of him helping her with baseball and in both instances, she was all of a sudden helpless and needed a big, strong man to teach her when she could do both activities before. 

no others commented on it that they didn't like it, so I'll be the UO here and say that I did (I mean i don't like them at a couple) but i often like scenes like that. it was basically a scene to give them an "intimacy" moment. they are touchy, feely in love and he's having an excuse to be super close and whatever and she's enjoying it. (i guess i'll also preface this by saying i don't really get fussed by the whole 'big strong man, teach woman' thing either. i'll acknowledge i basically glazed over the entire scene yesterday but the only person who hit the target was Carly. Dante helped her with her stance a bit (maybe, or just wanted to feel his girlfriend up LOL), and i don't really see anything wrong with that.)

but as i said, i usually don't get fussed by people giggling because they are falling in love or wanting gossip sessions etc. or people acting "schmoopy". it's a soap. i like schmoop. (even if i don't like the couple)

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, Daisy said:

no others commented on it that they didn't like it, so I'll be the UO here and say that I did (I mean i don't like them at a couple) but i often like scenes like that. it was basically a scene to give them an "intimacy" moment. they are touchy, feely in love and he's having an excuse to be super close and whatever and she's enjoying it. (i guess i'll also preface this by saying i don't really get fussed by the whole 'big strong man, teach woman' thing either. 

🙂 They've worn me down to the point where I don't immediately find Sante gross anymore.**  And the flirty scenes are more watchable than Carly having a girls night. (As if I'd believe in anyone volunteering to take Carly out.) 

**  I assume this means Lulu will be coming out of her coma any day now.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

Aurora is a media company. Jax used to own the Magazine and I dunno what the other branch is. 

They own Crimson and used to own the Invader. Peter was hired by Drew to run the Invader.

Aurora did not own the Invader. Drew brought Derek Wells Media from Julian which had owned Crimson. Drew hired Peter to help run Aurora.

After it was revealed that Peter was Faison's son and he did not have any pending charges, he bought the Invader where he was owner and publisher. He hired Girl Reporter who really thought she was a journalist with talent.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm shocked Maxie is with Bailey. Thought we'd never see her again since she doesn't raise her kids. 

Austin was not all at fault. Maxie was beyond stupid in all her steps with BL and Bailey that she made herself get caught. 

So is everyone going to go axe throwing now to use this new set? 

Now Drew in scenes with Portia, anyone he hasn't interacted with? 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

think that rapists, even if they are in prison, being able to get access to the child of the rape over the mother's wishes is even worse.

Family entanglements are difficult things but I assume that if the parent can prove that the grandparents is harmful or abusive, that would end grandparent visitation. Or at least force it to be supervised.

Oh yeah, that’s awful and even domestic abusers; they can still have access to their kids, thus also still having access to the person they abused (kids mom). 

Which makes me think it would be pretty easy for a grandparent to get access to their grandchild against the parents wishes. Maybe because I have a strained at best relationship with my parents, but I just am really uncomfortable with that. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Austin was not all at fault. Maxie was beyond stupid in all her steps with BL and Bailey that she made herself get caught. 

again - how was Maxie beyond stupid in all her steps with BLQ and Bailey? Should Maxie have told team Scorpio? Sure. Should they have told Valentin? Sure. but they were equally right in not telling them either because the logic was sound - if people knew and weren't "omg Louise is missing." then it would look shady. Val should have been told the truth when Gladys got involved. and I honestly feel that would have been the stronger story (IMO) but they wanted to do CLQ. which fine whatever.

maybe nearish the end Maxie should have spilled the beans to Team Devane/Scorpio and Austin, and how Austin told Sheffield wasn't his fault (because it was simple facts, and Austin didn't realize that Sheffield figured it out). - but Maxie had a point  - Austin wanted to get revenge on BLQ, and Maxie told him several times to just leave BLQ alone and she wasn't as bad as Austin thought. Austin ignored that and went after BLQ anyway - first with Gladys/Val. then pushing things with Val further which piqued Sheffield's interest.  

But for the most part the original plan and the majority of the steps worked. No one suspected until those two were talking at PC Grill when Gladys was recording them, and then Austin got involved. 

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, nilyank said:

Aurora did not own the Invader. Drew brought Derek Wells Media from Julian which had owned Crimson. Drew hired Peter to help run Aurora.

Okay, but Aurora owned the Invader and Crimson after they purchased Derek Wells Media, no?

10 hours ago, Artsda said:

I'm shocked Maxie is with Bailey. Thought we'd never see her again since she doesn't raise her kids. 

Give it time. Yesterday's episode was still the same day Maxie got Bailey back. Maxie is still wearing the same clothes from when she picked her up. 

Edited by YaddaYadda

I really hope that Willow and Nelle are not twins.  This would mean that Willow actually does have a biological link to Wiley and it would be even more unlikely that the show could explore her unhealthy attachment to Wiley and the fact that he was a replacement for the child she lost.  Instead they’ll probably retcon that she must have always somehow felt that there was a connection even after she knew that Nelle had switched the babies. Uggggh.

Alexis a Sudden Newspaper Editor is at least somewhat more believable than Lulu as Sudden Girl Reporter.  At least Alexis had always been portrayed as intelligent and hardworking 😂 though JMB’s Lulu would have been better as a reporter since at least she had some edge.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, jsbt said:

I'm not sure Alexis has that many qualifications to run a paper though.

At least Alexis has actual work experience, and her days as a lawyer are useful for determining what will get them sued. Michael went from high school to CEO of ELQ with nothing in between. 

11 hours ago, Artsda said:

Has he seen Elizabeth yet?

1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

Instead they’ll probably retcon that she must have always somehow felt that there was a connection even after she knew that Nelle had switched the babies. Uggggh.

Let me second that Ugggggh. I hate the trope that someone always has some extra special connection so they just "know" they were related or whatever. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Let me second that Ugggggh. I hate the trope that someone always has some extra special connection so they just "know" they were related or whatever. 

Plus, completely unnecessary.  She spent a year (?) thinking he was her son.  Why wouldn't she feel connected to him?

• Love 2
17 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

So I like Nina for the most part and I think she should be allowed to spend more time with Wiley.  However it scares the shit out of me that a grandparent can sue for visitation against the parents wishes.  Can a grandparent also sue for custody??  Like sometimes grandparents can be toxic, and as long as the parents are keeping their child safe and healthy it should be their call who gets to spend time with their children, biology be damned.  Look I hate Michael and Willow as much as the next guy, but they are fit(ish) parents and if they want to keep Nina away, well, that should be up to them. 

Each state has its own laws.  In at least mine, likely others, it is very difficult for the grandparent, with a high evidentiary bar.  The judge might warn people they need to work out there problems, as judge has to deny visitation, but it's not a good thing for the child not to know grandparents.  The grandparents might be toxic, but the adult child can at other times be immature over little things or using the child to control the grandparent. 

Sam and Dante have been cringe to me from the start when they clinked glasses because I see no vibe between the actors. They give me negative chemistry. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I really hope that Willow and Nelle are not twins.  This would mean that Willow actually does have a biological link to Wiley and it would be even more unlikely that the show could explore her unhealthy attachment to Wiley and the fact that he was a replacement for the child she lost.  Instead they’ll probably retcon that she must have always somehow felt that there was a connection even after she knew that Nelle had switched the babies. Uggggh.

It somewhat reminds me of Babe and Marissa on AMC, that they introduced Marissa as Babe's long-lost twin sister and Marissa just kinda took over Babe's life as JR's wife and AJ's mother, something that was kinda creepy if you thought about it, but never commented on.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 2/28/2022 at 3:36 PM, Daisy said:

I'm so over Jasonlite. what a waste. 

Yes. he's being wasted on Carly and Sonny. TempSam told Spinelli that Drew has been good with Danny as Danny is grieving Jason, but of course we don't get to see him have that relationship with his nephew even though BM's Drew and little blond Danny actor had good father/son scenes together when Drew was presumed to be back-from-the-dead Jason.

On 2/28/2022 at 10:11 PM, ByaNose said:

Poor Elizabeth. She had to come home to a painting hanging above her fireplace of a woman that looks nothing like her. Very odd. I guess GH had to cut the budget with a real artist. 

Seriously. Before the characters identified it as a painting by Franco of Elizabeth, I thought it was supposed to be a creepy (sexual) painting by Franco imagining what Betsy was like when she was young. The woman in the painting looked like she could be a young version of the actress who played Betsy during the "newborn Aiden kidnapped; Lucky rescues his son" storyline. 

21 hours ago, Daisy said:

Liz's Place
Finn is questioning Jake. Jake is channeling Chad Duel's facial expressions.. Jake gets fed up and goes "why are y'all questioning me?" Cam reminds him that someone broke in and hung the not-Liz painting on the mantle. Finn asks if Jake has been in contact with Betsy. Jake ... channels Michael face again. 

Liz's Place
"my boys would never terrorize me."

Jake wants to know if it's okay to feel glad if someone is dead. "Not if it's Peter." comforts Cam. Jake says peter took franco away from them and blamed his dad. "Yeah I blamed Jason too which made things crappy between us."  Cam says. "I wish he died sooner." Jake says. "Before your dad died fighting him?" asks Cam? Jake nods, and Cam hugs his brother

Jake is sad that Liz is freaked out but happy the painting is saved. Jake is worried that Franco is being forgotten. 

Liz's place
Finn apologizes to Jake and explains that sometimes he lives in his head and can't communicate clearly. (hey me too FInn!). Jake says "Aiden and I can take care of our mom. We've been doing it since Franco died." 

Liz says that the boys were amazing, but it's not the boys job. Jake wants to know how do they know what Franco would want if he's not here. Liz assures him. Finn swears he's not trying to replace Franco but they can forge a connection of their own. Jake.... looks confused. (i don't really slag on child actors. I really don't - but if they are going to do a big Jake storyline. they need to recast because this kid legit had the same expression and tone ALL. EPISODE. that of  "Smell the fart" acting, or - maybe just he forgot what it was like to be on camera).  

I don't think HW is channeling CD at all. West has been a great child actor on this show. It seems like he's playing Jake as he's supposed to be: a teenage boy who's angry that Franco and Jason, his stepdad and biological fathers, are both dead, he clearly doesn't like that his mother is dating Finn/moving on from mourning Franco, and he doesn't want to start to "build a bond" with Finn one year after Franco's death. He resents Finn questioning him in his own home, and feels he and his brothers can take care of their mother. 

Jake should have been worried/upset at the thought of someone breaking into their home. instead his reaction was like, "oh cool, Franco's painting is here for us. I don't want him to be forgotten."  It gives me the impression that he could have helped the stalker, that he doesn't think of these actions as terrorizing Elizabeth - more like a reminder to his mom that Franco was supposed to be the love of her life.

Teenagers are just learning to express themselves.  I feel like HW played Jake as a young man who doesn't want to lash out at Finn in front of his mom and make her feel worse, but is angry. sad,  hurt and resentful nontheless.  With Chad Duell's acting, all I ever see is Michael's entitlement and righteous indignation that he picked up from being raised by Carly, Sonny and Michael.

The non-acknowledgement during Cam and Jake's conversation that Drew is back, was glaring in my opinion.  Even a "I'm grateful that Uncle Drew has survived, though" would be something.

15 hours ago, Artsda said:

JAKE.  BM's Drew was a huge part of Jake's life after Hudson West was cast as Jake. Jake loved Drew first as his dad and then as his uncle.  CM's Drew and HW's Jake should be having scenes where Jake gets support in mourning his so-called father since Jake was much closer to Drew than he ever was to Jason.  Jake once thought baby Scout was his sister, but she's still his cousin.  Drew should get to have scenes of being Scout's dad and Danny and Jake's uncle/father figure.  

If the Show really wants a triangle with Drew, Sam and Dante, they can have KeMo attempt longing looks as Drew goes off to spend quality time with the kids - something her "great love' Jason never did. Dante can pick up on the looks and play jealousy.l

ETA: Mac has made comments about his family being back together, etc. so why has no one mentioned Facetiming with Robin if she can't actually show up to visit, so she can "meet" Bailey Lu and see that her beloved Uncle Mac has recovered enough to go home? Btw, hey Felicia, way to dismiss/forget your other two grandkids, who were babies before BaileyLu. Good thing Maxie's first two kids weren't there to hear Grandma's most beautiful baby ever comment. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

As Willow herself sneered at Nina, blood doesn't automatically make you family.

That sneer was definitely directed to the mother-daughter relationship that's about to explode onto the screen in your living room.

You might be my mom, Nina, but blood doesn't make you my family. I'd much rather the family of thugs in any case.

• Love 4

i think it was @statsgirl (so sorry if it wasn't, and i'm giving credit to someone else's idea but it just popped into my head). but the thing that really bothers me about this retcon storyline - is that they are missing a completely better one

First of - Nelle being Nina's makes sense (i mean if you don't think about it) - again. Missed all of the nelle years, but if the argument is Nina was pumped w/drugs thus it hurt the development of the fetus - thus resulting in Nelle's cray cray - that's perfect. and if/when they make Nelle not dead. (no body after all). they could (poorly) explore that. but it totally works. And IMO it also makes it akin to Q 2.0. Sonny and Carly tried so hard to erase the Q's out of Michael's life and they couldn't no matter how hard they tried.  Making Nelle, Nina's is the same thing. You can't erase her. Nina is never going to go away. and when Wiley is 18 (or 23 or whatever crazy age Michael decided he'd talk about Nelle in therapy. because whatever). Nelle's gonna pop up . you could play with the fact that Wiley is pre-disposed to mental illnesses on Nina/Nelle's side. they are eliminating a lot of storyline potential w/this recon on that factor alone.

But it also ignores the storyline that Willow at the end of the day - has not healed from losing her other kid. at all. she pushes it side. and when she does address it it's creepy  (like when she's all. "i wish it was you who told me about my baby Michael." or "we lost two kids.). I'm not going to deny that Willow loves that kid, but is it healthy? I dunno. not to mention that Willow has this huge Thomas Kincaid picture of what "Family" is and anyone who even makes a knick in that fantasy she turns hostile on them for either breaking it. (her vs. BLQ) or tainting it (Nina and Sonny). and how she's ignoring all the factors that Michael is ..not good for her. (I wanted to say abusive. but maybe that would be too harsh). Like. they completely dropped the storyline when Harmony told Michael to you know. trust Willow's instincts, and Michael shut that all down. Anytime WIllow has ideas that don't jive with michaels'  beliefs at all, he goes out of her way to shut her down. This storyline should 100 percent be Willow backing up Nina or at least being more supportive of Nina and evaluating her life in Michael's life, and Wiley's and why she got super attached so fast without being related to Nina. but that will all be wasted imo if Nina is Willow's mother.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

(I wanted to say abusive. but maybe that would be too harsh)

It's not too harsh. Michael is an abuser. It's emotional abuse, which doesn't have to mean yelling or obvious demeaning treatment. Willow should be able to have her own thoughts and opinions; when they differ from Michael's, he bristles. That's abuse.

I'd also argue having to deal with Sonny and Carly is abuse, but that's the price you pay for living in Port Charles.

• Love 9
(edited)
19 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Maybe an UO but i found those Sam/Dante scenes a little cringey. It was just a repeat of him helping her with baseball and in both instances, she was all of a sudden helpless and needed a big, strong man to teach her when she could do both activities before. 

She only has to have a strong man, because he's not big lol.

Nothing has indicated to me that Val is some master manipulator a la Stefan or that he is competent (he got himself kidnapped!) so I don't know why Maxie should have told him when she didn't know the guy. If she had, since the plot required Peter taking her he would have done it anyway.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's not too harsh. Michael is an abuser. It's emotional abuse, which doesn't have to mean yelling or obvious demeaning treatment. Willow should be able to have her own thoughts and opinions; when they differ from Michael's, he bristles. That's abuse.

yeah. i just wasn't sure if that should have been the word to use  but seeing your comment it was the right one. Michael is very emotionally abusive to Willow

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, Daisy said:

not to mention that Willow has this huge Thomas Kincaid picture of what "Family" is and anyone who even makes a knick in that fantasy she turns hostile on them for either breaking it

Reminds me that she made that comment last week about Michael being raised in 2 stable families (can’t remember the exact wording) when his own childhood was a disaster and his family was far from stable or normal. Even what little he’s told her onscreen has completely contradicted that. She has serious blinders on.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Reminds me that she made that comment last week about Michael being raised in 2 stable families (can’t remember the exact wording) when his own childhood was a disaster and his family was far from stable or normal.

Even Michael had the clarity to be like umm no actually both of my families were pretty messed up. 

• Love 1

"If this is a trap, one of us will regret it. And it won't be me." Did someone's fifth-grader take over the writing for Anna?

Over/under on how long it takes Betsy to spit out what she wants to say?

Why is Sam tagging along with Dante? They really have no idea what to do with her.

• Love 5

Today's Episode

recap of Portia showing Curtis the new set we'll only see once. Jordan watches them kiss and then ask for a drink. (Jordan looks at Curtis like she is thirsty and not for a drink).

Nina unloads a load of verbal diarrhoea on Britt, basically how she's tired of being seen as the town whore, and damaging Sonny's marriage, and she's only human. Britt asks her  if she feels better. Nina says yes. She needed to say it out loud. Nina points out since Britt has experienced Carly's Special Blend of Malice (teehee i like this). Brit can sympathize. Britt: mhmmmm no. not really. 

Anna threatens Phone Person if it's a trap someone will regret it and it's not going to be her. 

Maxie jumps Austin and kisses him. 

Recap with Betsy.  Betsy sees the picture and freezes. She needs to admit why she's there and what she's done. 

credits
hey... it sounds like the old version?

Hospital

Austin says he shouldn't have done that. Maxie points out that she kissed him. Austin wanted to kiss Maxie for a while. and explains why he didn't. "Are there second thoughts?" Maxie wants to know 

Savoy
Jordan infodumps Curtis about how she got there. Portia awkwardly cracks a doctor joke and Jordan awkwardly hugs her. "How are you doing?" queries Portia. "as long as I don't inhale more CO2 i'm good to go." Jordan answers. and they laugh painfully. Jordan wants to split. Curtis stops her. Jordan tells him that she's meeting Auntie and TJ and she thought... she doesn't know what she thought and tries to split and Curtis stops her again. Everyone looks awkward

Hospital
"Are you on #teamCarly?!" Nina gasps. "Yeah No." Brit replies. "I didn't think so, Britt. I was focused on NF, but i thought you and Jason had a real connection but then Carly swoops in and they're getting married."

Britt sighs. "Yeah. That happened. But that happened because they thought Sonny was dead. and they thought that because of you." (well actually. it happened because Carly can't listen to anyone but the stupid pea brain in her head, and decided to go to the 5 families meeting, painting herself as a target, and then Jason decides to be the donkeybreath butthead he was and Choses Carly again and Brit you should be thankful, but let's not split hairs.)

Britt isn't judging Nina though. She's told her share of damaging lies. They are family, and she wants to honour the NathanPromise.  and will always have Nina's back. But she's calling BS when she hears it, and she's calling it now. because Nina might not set out to break up Carly's marriage, but you did. and there's fallout.

Axethrowing
Anna has no time, because she has drama up to her eyeballs. "Sorry Ahanna, you are all in now, up to your phretty little neck." drawls Lisel as she fingers an axe. (hehee)

Liz's Place
Betsy is oohing and awwing over Jake's artistic stuff. Clearly stalling. Team Sante shows up and Liz says "Betsy is here to tell us what she did and why she did it." . "Oh we know why." says Dante. 

Hospital
Austin isn't having second thoughts. Just thoughts. He wants to respect Maxie's boundaries. Maxie mouths boundaries. Austin thinks after a hellish year Maxie needs to recoup. She was in a cage for a year, and now he's gone, and Maxie wants to do things that makes he rhappy and won't hurt her children. Time to make up for lost time! Do you need time?

Savoy
Portia says I can give you time? Curtis says no one can go. Curtis mentions he didn't want to have someone else tell Jordan and Jordan interjects "Oh you are house hunting." Portia says when you are all settled in, we can have lunch? Jordan agrees. Jordans tells them Laura infodumped them on the Evildooers, so can they infodump her on the Good Town Folk

Hospital.

Nina says yah she fell in love with a married man but she's not the only one, and Carly pushed the divorce through like she was Usain Bolt. Britt reminds her "Yeah, that was because she caught you in bed with Sonny." "But we thought the marriage was over!" Britt gives her a look. "Convenient." Nina goes on to explain that she didn't go to the Haunted Star that night to have Sexytimes with Sonny but they gave feelings that they were fighting for months and they didn't want to fight anymore and while she's sorry she hurt Carly, she is a good grandmother and she is sure as hell thinks it shouldn't cost her her grandson." Britt is startled. "What does this have to do with Wiley?" Nina glares. "Willow just informed me that there is no path for me to see Wiley. They want to shut me out." (Okay so why aren't you calling Col. Tad then?)

Liz's Place
Betsy is all "you are married to the man who hates my son." to Sam. "Where's Jason?" Sam gives her a side eye. "Jason's passed away."  Betsy goes. "Oh. well sorry for your loss." They dance round the mullberry bush as Betsy gushes over the painting, Dante says it was save from the fire, Betsy goes what's going on, Dante admits he hoped she could tell them, and then tells Betsy he knows about being locked up for 72 hours. "That was private!" Betsy says. "It was in the police record." counters Dante. "Oh yah right."

Axethrowing
Lisel starts singing in German. after pointing out that she hadn't heard from Anna since Switzerland. Anna laughs "What's happening?" Lisel stops and snaps. "It's RUDE to interrupt the german singing!" Anna wants to know why Lisel thought Anna would be in touch. Lisel is hurt. "i guess our bonding moment in the rage room meant nothing to you. I thought we achieved a breakthough and we could put the past behind us." 

"yah okay, sure, it's behind us. Why am I here?" Anna drolls. "I thought that was obvious" as Lisel thows an axe.

Hospital
Maxie and Austin yo yo about taking time vs. not taking time before Maxie throws down. "I know what's happening. You're scared.."

Savoy
They talk about Sonny and Carly. Apparently Laura told Jordan they split up (WHY?!)  but didn't say why. Curtis is like "oh don't you worry everyone is talkin about it.". Curtis says the dreaded words "Jason is missing presumed dead." (Noooooo).  Jordan: "regardless of his faults, as we'll call them. Jason was a remarkable person." EXCUSE ME? WHAT?!  Can we have Mac back as Police Commissioner, because MAC would never call Jason Morgan: HITMAN TO THE MOB remarkable. 'Is there really no hope?" pouts Jordan. Curtis says "nope. I'm just glad that he saved Drew."  Infodump about Hatman, Jordan gets a text from TJ and splits. (Curtis stands up as she leaves - that was really nice). "That went well, don't you think?" Curtis says. Portia grimaces. and Jordan looks sadz as she leaves.

Hospital
Nina says she is nto wanting a legal battle but they are not leaving her choice and while she and team Millowtonin's interactions are at an all time low, but it's Carly. She doesn't want me to have a relationship with the kid and she can dress it up anyway she wants but it's a retaliation. 

Britt stops her. "you're not wrong, but you are painting yourself as right and the victim, and Carly is the bad guy and wrong, and the more you do this is the worse it will get." Nina whines that she tried compromising but she can't see Wiley anyway. Brit ALSO points out that Sonny is divorced but Nina is ready to start a war against his ex and his son. That will put a real crimp in your romance. Nina pouts. "So you don't think I should go to court?" Brit says "i think you need to realize what you could lose." Britt gets a page.Nina thanks her for listening even though she doesn't like what she heard.

Axethrowing
Lisel really wants peace. Anna says "even with our history? what do you think i'm gonna say." Lisel wishes she was there when Peter bit it. Anna says It was necessary but I don't enjoy it. Lisel says I WOULD HAVE. Lisel goes the most person who would revel in it would be Jason Morgan, and maybe Jason can torment Peter in the the afterlife. 

"It's scary what you think is comforting." Anna remarks. (heh). But anyway - Lisel wants a brand new beginning.

Liz's place
Betsy is getting confused and didn't want everyone to know that she was locked up for Psych Eval. Everyone tells Betsy they aren't judging her and there's nothing to be ashamed of. Dante tries to get her to explain why she didn't go to Franco's grave. and there's blubbering and stuff, but Dante says something about not wanting to get over Franco, so you put it on Elizabeth ? Betsy looks startled and goes. "What? No, I wouldn't do that, cross my heart." 

Hospital
Austin says he's not afraid of Maxie. Maxie points out Austin was living in the woods, hiding from the world, and I popped up in your world. "Are our crisis feelings, crisis feelings or real feelings."

Savoy
Curtis thinks it went well. Portia tells Curtis Jordan is still in love with him and that Curtis is a man that comes once in a life time and for her (Portia) twice.and if she knows that, Jordan knows that.

Hospital
Cam and Auntie have a moment. Cam reminds her that he was the one who helped her and that he's really sorry about the envelope and hopefully it wasn't too important. Auntie looks confused. (I am confused.. but then I remember that the divorce wasn't finalized. because God. Forbid these people tell stories quickly).

Axethrowing
Anna says if it was just bonding over peter, yes, but she can never forgive Lisel for the hell she put Robin through (Daisy needs an infodump on this back story  please, thanks!). Lisel goes "That was Caesar's doing. most my heinous deeds was at his behest." Anna goes "I understand a lot of damage can be done when loving someone can't be returned" Lisel for Caesar, Peter for Maxie, and Caesar on  Anna.  Lisel is thankful that she found true love with Scott. Anna blinks. "Scott?" "You are mocking us?" Lisel asks. "Nope." .  Anna says they can never really be friends, but maybe they can find a way that they can put the past behind them. 

Liz's place
Betsy asks do you know what it's like to go crazy? Finn says actually yah, I do. Sam is tired of this and she and Dante start questioning Betsy without the calm patience they had before. Betsy says she LOVES Bobby and wouldn't do damage to his work. or hurt Liz. Finn  - who isn't a butthead - tells Betsy that they all grieve in different ways and Betsy and he have a moment that he lashed out, and Betsy became a shell. Betsy is adamant that she didn't do the things they are saying. Sam sarcastically goes "Why not?" (WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE YOU COW?). Betsy says that she's under 24hr watch  up until she got to PC. Even she can't be in two places at once.

Hospital
Austin points out how much lighter Maxie is. Maxie says "You may not know this but this is the real Maxie Jones." "What are you doing tonight?" flirts Austin.

Savoy
Curtis points out that they both signed the divorce papers. Portia goes look - if i thought i had a chance  - i'd never let you go.

Hospital
Auntie remembers the stroke, but can't remember what was in the envelope. But no one contacted her about missing documents. "What happened to it?" Cam reminds her that a waitress threw it out but he felt it was his fault

Axethrowing
Lisel goes "Let's start a book club, and tell people what to think!" haha they have a cute moment.

Liz's Place
Dante has confirmation that Betsy isn't lying. Liz apologizes for blaming Betsy. They comfort each other. (Question. Is Liz's Franco the same Franco as James Franco? i'm trying to get the link?). Betsy is sorry that liz is going through this but maybe it's a simple explanation.   Finn and Liz share a haunted look. 

Hospital
Maxie says we can't do anything tonight she's spending time with her kids. "Nice to meet you This Maxie Jones.""See you tomorrow." Flirts Maxie.

Axethrowing
Lisel says lets have a drink at the Savoy. Anna says "let's start simple by not plotting each other's demise." Lisel laughs and says "auf weidersien scarecrow." Anna smiles and says "until we meet again." Anna throws a bullseye. "Still got it!"

Savoy
Curtis and Portia are drooling over the house. "this next chapter is just a great beginning."

Hospital
Auntie comforts Cam. Cam says Desert is  on him. Auntie goes No! Spend it on your education. don't worry about the envelope.  Cam leaves and Auntie looks worried.

Liz's Place
They are bummed it's not Betsy. "Who was it then?" asks Sam. Liz looks at a sketch of Franco. "I've never seen this one before" Liz whispers. "Where did it come from?" Sam wants to know. "Jake drew it." Finn  and Liz shares a look. 

show ends. 

• Love 8

Sam to Betsy "No one is here to judge you."  Me:🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Judging people is all you do Sam. That and sticking your nose into other people's business.

It's infuriating that people like Sam have access to Betsy's medical history. HIPPA anyone? Betsy shouldn't have to justify her psychiatric history to room full of strangers like Sam and Finn. I wouldn't accept a ride from Dante either.

Why didn't Super Cop Dante have the picture dusted for fingerprints? Is Sonny's stupid hereditary?

Enough with the Jason idolization already. I cannot believe that Obrecht thinks that Jason has more right to terrorized Peter in the afterlife than her son Nathan does.

But the only person on the show that I'm not going WTH? about being at axe throwing is Obrecht, and it makes sense for it to be a place for her to talk to Anna. I'm not sure how I feel about how the detente was written but I'm glad they got there. the book club conversation was a hoot (especially as I'm not a fan of those who bring crudites myself). Very Obrecht and Anna.

Portia, you're a sweet person but you're over-stating what a prize Curtis is. I care as little about Curtis' divorce papers as I do about Carly's divorce but at least it's a change.

Are Curtis and Jordan bright enough to clue in that they aren't really legally divorced? And does it matter?

While I still think that Britt might be a better match for him, I liked the sweetness of the Austin/Maxie scenes.

16 hours ago, Daisy said:

how Austin told Sheffield wasn't his fault (because it was simple facts, and Austin didn't realize that Sheffield figured it out). - but Maxie had a point  - Austin wanted to get revenge on BLQ, and Maxie told him several times to just leave BLQ alone and she wasn't as bad as Austin thought. Austin ignored that and went after BLQ anyway

Let's give BLQ some of the blame here too; she went after Austin when he was just trying to do the best for Leo despite Leo's family, and she continued to go after Austin. Maybe if she had apologized properly to Austin, he might not have continued to resent her.

2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I don't think HW is channeling CD at all. West has been a great child actor on this show.

Is it still Hudson West in the role looking quite different in adolescence, or has the role been recast?

• Love 5
(edited)

Why is Sam such a bitch? Why does she ALWAYS have an attitude? She has permanent bitch face. I know she doesn't trust Betsy but there was no reason to be so openly rude and hostile toward her, esp if the goal was to get her to open up. It reminds me of how she acted when she thought Brad (and then Lucas) stole that dragon statue/carving from her place. Ugh . . . she really makes me sick. Why was she even there? I was happy Betsy declined the ride. Why would she want to be in a car w/a judgmental, rude uber bitch?!?! 

As a family attorney, I just can't w/these divorce papers. I wasn't able to see the entire show today, but didn't Curtis wonder why he never got a response from the court re: the papers?!? Did he really think all he needed to do was mail the papers and that was it? No court hearing? No follow up court order dissolving the marriage? I saw Stella remembering the papers, and I wonder if Curtis assumes he and Jordan are divorced. That's just lame. Curtis should be smarter than that! But what is the point of this story? Is Jordan NOT gonna sign the papers now? 

I need to go back and see the Austin/Maxie scenes. IMO, RoHo has chemistry w/everyone so I see chemistry w/him and Maxie but I was hoping they would go w/Austin and Britt. Anyway, I didn't see all their scenes today, but I hate that Austin apologized yesterday for endangering Bailey when he did no such thing! All Austin did was answer a question. How was he to know what Victor knew?!?! Come on! I know they're moving on from that but it still bugs me that the show was acting like he was to blame yesterday. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why is Sam tagging along with Dante? They really have no idea what to do with her.

Lol they’re pretending like she’s a PI when no one is hiring her for these investigations

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, lala2 said:

As a family attorney, I just can't w/these divorce papers. I wasn't able to see the entire show today, but didn't Curtis wonder why he never got a response for the court re: the papers?!? Did he really think it stopped at mailing the papers and that was it? No court hearing? No follow up court order dissolving the marriage? I saw Stella remembering the papers, and I wonder if Curtis assumes he and Jordan are divorced. That's just lame. Curtis should be smarter than that! But what is the point of this story? Is Jordan NOT gonna sign the papers now? 

that's my thing. don't you get notified that they got processed? 

15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Let's give BLQ some of the blame here too; she went after Austin when he was just trying to do the best for Leo despite Leo's family, and she continued to go after Austin. Maybe if she had apologized properly to Austin, he might not have continued to resent her.

Well BLQ thought that Austin was using Leo like he used Chase. (since everyone was in denial about the Autism) and she did try to apologize.  I'm not sure how proper the apology was/wasn't but it was relatively sincere.. She was trying but Austin didn't want anything to do with it (on that I don't blame him - same thing with Olivia's thanksgiving gesture. you aren't entitled to accept anyone's apology). And he could resent her. But that resentment led him to try to screw her over. But again. by that point the house of cards was falling anyway. in my opinion anyway I feel that's what he's apologizing for truly - his not listening to maxie more than "I'm sorry i gave Sheffield basic medical info any doctor coulda told him)

but i mean i'm not even against Austin (for that/the entire Sheffield thing).  I can give BLQ some blame too. I can be fair. LOL

(edited)

Has Sam even been shown to be good at this? I rag on her playing fake cop but even when they showcase her, she comes off like a liability. She’s consistently terrible at interrogations. Today she reminded me of the time she went to Harmony for help with finding Drew and Harmony walked away from her because she was being a huge bitch. Sante only got the info they needed after Alexis stepped in and talked to Harmony. The extent of her “PI skills” are calling Spinelli and playing dress up and breaking into places. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is it still Hudson West in the role looking quite different in adolescence, or has the role been recast?

i think it's still him. He looked familiar. 
again as i mentioned - I don't like critiquing the child actors, and maybe it was more he didn't work for a while so he was stiffed. but those faces were really all woodenish-Michael to me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

that's my thing. don't you get notified that they got processed? 

Yes! In my jurisdiction, there would be a hearing, confirming the divorce. Mailing paperwork is not filing paperwork in my jurisdiction. But even if there was no hearing scheduled, I would think the judge would mail the parties a court order finalizing the divorce!  

• Love 2

I am so sick of Nina constantly having to explain herself. She fucked up, she knows it, she’s apologized and that’s all she can do. When Britt started in on her too if I were Nina I would have just left. Even though Britt was right in all she was saying, she wasn’t saying anything Nina doesn’t already know and Nina was just trying to vent.

Portia, Curtis and Jordan….party of AWKWARD.  Yikes.

Betsy just fucking spit it out for god’s sake.  I do love her hair though.  I love the natural grey and the length.  It really suits her.

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, Daisy said:

(Curtis stands up as she leaves - that was really nice).

Hat also did that while on his date with Pip when Liz came to the table. I really dig that old school chivalry. Like father like son I guess!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I am so sick of Nina constantly having to explain herself. She fucked up, she knows it, she’s apologized and that’s all she can do. When Britt started in on her too if I were Nina I would have just left. Even though Britt was right in all she was saying, she wasn’t saying anything Nina doesn’t already know and Nina was just trying to vent.

i relate to this so much. I've told my friend sometimes. I don't want to hear the explanations. I don't want to hear the "to be fair." I don't want you to fix it, i just want to hear. "you are right that sucks, have a hug". Correct me after i stop crying, and had some ice cream, or something. 

and I don't think Nina is wrong here. Like I don't think Nina is making herself out to be a victim (the way people keep saying that she is).  she fudged up. she fudged up big. Phyllis said to really make amends, just shut up and take the whippings and so she apologies and takes her whippings. but enough is enough and too much is foolishnesss. now she's apologizing that Carly caught her in bed with Sonny. That's not Nina's fault. that's between Carly and Sonny and Sonny thought the marriage was over and he told Nina that. Nina shouldn't call up Carly and go "hey, I'm about to have sexytimes with Sonny and he said y'all are done, so is it good with you that I do have sexytimes?" 

imma gonna say this
If i were Nina, I'd go straight to Sonny and say look. I love you. you know I love you and even if we don't become a couple, we can always be friends. but you have THIS MUCH FAMILY. You have a legacy. All i of me is Wiley. I need to be a part of his life, and I am not asking you to be in the middle or intervene but I am going to do this so if this is an issue for you I'm gone."  end of story.  because when Carly stops being mad, she's gonna go right back to Carly and Nina loses anyway so go get your grandkid in your life.  If sonny gets mad at Nina for doing that that's on Sonny..  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Lisel goes "Let's start a book club, and tell people what to think!" haha they have a cute moment.

I would pay cash money to be in that book club. Lol. And I’m with Liesl, charcuterie all the way!

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I would pay cash money to be in that book club. Lol. And I’m with Liesl, charcuterie all the way!

i'm team crudite LOL

• LOL 1
13 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Like I don't think Nina is making herself out to be a victim

I think Nina kinda wants to have it both ways. I feel like if she didn't want to be seen as a victim, she'd stop whining about how unfair people are being toward her while protesting she never meant for any of this to happen. What did she expect from Carly? Carly is a loon who holds grudges to an epic degree. Nina needs to take action if she's so put out.

I'm as tired of Nina's whining as I am of Carly's. It's not as if we don't know how they feel. We do, to an exhaustive level. Move this story forward, Show.

7 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

And I’m with Liesl, charcuterie all the way!

2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i'm team crudite LOL

I'm team AlltheSnacks.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Daisy said:
26 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

i relate to this so much. I've told my friend sometimes. I don't want to hear the explanations. I don't want to hear the "to be fair." I don't want you to fix it, i just want to hear. "you are right that sucks, have a hug". Correct me after i stop crying, and had some ice cream, or something. 

Yes to this!  I mean being a good friend does sometimes involve not enabling and also calling out their bs when they are wrong.  But sometimes, being a good friend means shutting your trap, letting the other person scream/cry/vent.  Just commiserating and truly hearing them.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Yes to this!  I mean being a good friend does sometimes involve not enabling and also calling out their bs when they are wrong.  But sometimes, being a good friend means shutting your trap, letting the other person scream/cry/vent.  Just commiserating and truly hearing them.

9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think Nina kinda wants to have it both ways. I feel like if she didn't want to be seen as a victim, she'd stop whining about how unfair people are being toward her while protesting she never meant for any of this to happen. What did she expect from Carly? Carly is a loon who holds grudges to an epic degree. Nina needs to take action if she's so put out.

maybe that's why Nina keeps whinging about this. (like yeah maybe she does see herself as a bit of a victim of the Carly Special Blend of Malice). but no one has really just said yeah. it really sucks. no one even really did that to her in regards to her finding out about Nelle the way she did.  everyone's condeming her for her actions (which i mean they have that right), but no one has yet say that sucks Nina. here. hugs.(or. yeah. if Carly had told you about Nelle. this wouldn't have hapepned. ) (and note no one ever even begins to mention that to Carly so). 

Nina gets all the yeh, buts. 
and yeh buts suck LOL

• Love 2

Speaking of abusers, tomorrow we get Brando, who still can't understand that Sasha has a different way of grieving than he does and is trying to force her to work it out on a trip she doesn't want to be on. He's definitely a Corinthos.

4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Nina gets all the yeh, buts. 
and yeh buts suck LOL

They definitely do, but again, what did she expect? She lied for six months about Sonny not being dead. For me her only legit gripe is not getting access to Wylie.

I don't have sympathy for anyone in this story. They're all dumb-dumbs.

• Love 4
(edited)

So is Jordan going to blab Portia's secret about Trina's biodad?

And I find it utterly ridiculous how kids' absences are explained on this show, "He's on an overnight school trip".  "Violet is at a sleepover" (when she knew no-one in town.)

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 2

Cam has always been a nice, well-mannered lad, but for fooks sake, I was waiting for him to throw on a hair shirt and start whipping himself over Stella's stupid envelope!! ..I know it's a plot point, but you do not owe her dessert, Cam!  

• Love 11