Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Goodnight

• Start Topic

All this drama over a test that isn't accurate considering the source.  It makes it all go flat for me. Why tell everyone about PJ unless Barbara confirms it? PJ yelling at Mitch, that isn't right unless he was abusive. He was his dad for 17 years. I just hope this makes him go to college. He got a great scholarship and most students would love paying only 14,000. I can't believe they can't help out at all.

Most fans guessed Rome's parents and Nash denied it but he wanted people to watch. The Oxford thing was a yawn since my daughter did that with a boyfriend here, a year goes by fast and she was home for Xmas, he went in March, Skype, etc. made it work. Not easy but it's not the end all of a solid relationship. Let her go please.  ; )

Fastest funeral on record for soap, maybe a reason Nash wanted it now for next week's episode. No real reason to kill the mother except for a "filler" or continuation in some way another episode. He was quoted as saying "It had to happen"  Why?

Edited by debraran
  • Love 2

When the "previously" scenes showed Rome's dad in his uniform telling his mom he'd take her on the cruise, I knew the funeral had to be one of his parents. Sweet that he still wants to go on the cruise for her. I thought Rome would decide to go with him.

Seriously, f*ck you, Delilah. 

I have never been to a funeral where they actually lowered the casket into the grave and had people shovel dirt onto it. That part was done after everyone left. People just laid flowers on the casket at the end of the service. (I've been to more than my share of funerals in the past couple years, unfortunately, though they were in mausoleums, not ground graves. We didn't watch them put the casket into the crypt.) And why is PJ always there like he's Rome's new best friend?

Gee, maybe Gary should have gone to work once in a while...

"Saving someone's life" is all well and good, but your employer still needs someone to do your job. And I don't think taking care of your new girlfriend at chemo qualifies for FMLA.

Delilah has a lot of nerve asking Katherine to be a "good person." She went out of her way to keep you in your house. She has no obligation to lie to her kid for the rest of her life because you're a self-centered bitch.

Did we not actually see or hear Theo in this? I kinda like it that way. They should keep doing that.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 23

Wow. No words

9 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Delilah has a lot of nerve asking Katherine to be a "good person." She went out of her way to keep you in your house. She has no obligation to lie to her kid for the rest of her life because you're self-centered bitch.

Really, no words. It does give insight into Delilah's psyche, though; anyone unwilling to enable her is a bad person. Makes you wonder about the validity of Delilah's claim of feeling unwanted by Jon (or whatever the reason was.) 

• Love 22
15 minutes ago, debraran said:

All this drama over a test that isn't accurate considering the source.  It makes it all go flat for me. Why tell everyone about PJ unless Barbara confirms it? PJ yelling at Mitch, that isn't right unless he was abusive. He was his dad for 17 years. I just hope this makes him go to college. He got a great scholarship and most students would love paying only 14,000. I can't believe they can't help out at all.

Especially because there is all that money from Jon just sitting somewhere. I mean, there is being proud, and then there is just being dumb. Why deny your son a great opportunity?

11 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I have never been to a funeral where they actually lowered the casket into the grave and had people shovel dirt onto it. That part was done after everyone left. People just laid flowers on the casket at the end of the service. (I've been to more than my share of funerals in the past couple years, unfortunately, though they were in mausoleums, not ground graves. We didn't watch them put the casket into the crypt.) And why is PJ always there like he's Rome's new best friend?

I was at a funeral where they had people shovel dirt onto it. It was the only Jewish burial I've been to, and so I always assumed it was a Jewish tradition. But there are all kinds of different traditions and different funerals, so I don't question anything they show on TV funerals.

It actually makes sense that PJ would show up at the funeral. At the dog search, Theo's birthday, etc, it was weird. But a funeral I get.

• Love 2

I am finding it hilarious that it's been a recurring theme on this forum that Gary never seems to go to work, and then he gets fired for never going to work. 

Gary's apparently claiming that he got fired because he had to take Maggie to chemo, which seems weird because she's been in remission and no longer needs to go to chemo, so why would Gary be fired at this point rather than during the time she was actually in treatment?  But maybe it's because of all the other work he's been missing for everything else his friends are doing during the workday that he just has to be part of...

• LOL 10
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

It actually makes sense that PJ would show up at the funeral. At the dog search, Theo's birthday, etc, it was weird. But a funeral I get.

I get him being there. Grabbing a shovel along with all the other guys...not so much.

• Love 3

Delilah: I'm sure you've been talking to Eddie?

Katherine: My husband? Why yes I have.

Bring on snarky Katherine because it's a better look than overly helpful Katherine. 

Delilah is an ass. How she has friends is beyond me.

Don't care about this PJ storyline that much but I don't get all this anger towards his dad.

Sad to say I didn't care that Rome's mom died, but I did like his talk with Gina about how yes he was sad but it wasn't depression. His mom is dead so him feeling sad is a valid reaction.

Edited by sking24450
  • Love 23

Gary's second job got him fired from his paying job.  It is a lot of work being Johnny on the spot for all the friends, helping them solve their problems, taking kids to auditions and babysitting infants.  

Delilah continues to be annoying.  After all Katherine did for her and she throws that good person crap on her.   Poor "D" is finally getting what she deserves, people being truthful with her.  She only wants to protect her own reputation.  

I didn't think PJ's dad knew he was friends with Rome, not sure how he ended up at the apartment looking for him and of course he runs smack into Delilah.   I wonder who was watching Charlie all day long,  Danny?

Hope we don't see a lot of Rome's brother, don't care for him, he is a bit of a jerk.

Maggie and Oxford is boring.  

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, mikem said:

I am finding it hilarious that it's been a recurring theme on this forum that Gary never seems to go to work, and then he gets fired for never going to work. 

Gary's apparently claiming that he got fired because he had to take Maggie to chemo, which seems weird because she's been in remission and no longer needs to go to chemo, so why would Gary be fired at this point rather than during the time she was actually in treatment?  But maybe it's because of all the other work he's been missing for everything else his friends are doing during the workday that he just has to be part of...

Why hasn’t he suggested going to England with her? Not having a job makes  that easy.  I’m betting if he does suggest it, she finds some excuse to say no.  Of course Colin would be an issue.

i for one can’t stand the overly childish interplay between Gary and Maggie. It’s like they go out of their way to avoid being serious. 

As nice as it is that Katherine is supportive of Eddie regarding Charlie, I think she should  let Eddie deal with Delilah and stay in the background.  I think that if this situation gets to court, it could look as if Katherine is so involved  just as retaliation against Delilah. “She tried to take my husband.... I’ll get her kid”

another thought on Gary’s job, maybe he quit so that he is free to go to Oxford.  I wouldn’t be shocked if Maggie doesn’t want him to. What did he do for a living anyway?

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Of course Colin would be an issue.

They can give him back to his loving owner who misses him and has probably figured out by now that the dog in her house is not her dog.

• LOL 2
  • Love 19

I have to laugh at Gary getting fired. When you never go to work, it's bound to catch up with you. So I'm glad they did that, even if it's just to start Gary in a career that actually makes sense for his lax lifestyle. Seriously, he needs a job where he can create his own hours. 

Man, Delilah has some nerve, doesn't she? Telling Katherine to be a good person when she won't let Eddie fight for his rights to his kid? I find the paternity stuff as stupid as the next person, but it seems like we're really down the Eddie is Charlie's father route so...I'm glad he's actually going to file for paternity. Sucks for the kids, but it's the right thing to do. It forces Delilah to be honest.

Back to Delilah, I'm glad to see that she's just as useful as ever. She shows up for Rome, sure (with one kid mysteriously missing) but she doesn't help prep anything, or clean anything up, or...really, anything. I didn't see her pick up anything. Ok, maybe I did see her pick up ONE thing...while she was bitching about Eddie having the nerve to confront her at the funeral, even though she was planning on running off to France for two months. I do have to laugh at not just Katherine but even Regina thinking for a moment that Delilah was capable of taking off.

Also, I thought that, when Delilah was going to ask Sophie what was wrong, Sophie's response was going to be about how this is the second funeral in a year that she's had to attend. That would have made much more sense than "I'm sad that the boy I like doesn't like me back." Wah.

Poor Rome...but I don't get the purpose of his mom dying in a random episode like this. I guess it'll bring Rome and his dad together, so that's nice. 

So, the PJ stuff is ramping up. Paternity tests, people. Get better ones.

• Love 10

Gary, Gary, Gary.  We TOLD you to go to work.!  I was really surprised that he was actually fired, though!  Nobody ever sees consequences like that on tv.  I'm glad he came around and was able to get his act together to support Maggie.  An Oxford fellowship is a big deal, and would be great for her career.  But he still hasn't told her he was fired. 

PJ's mom really sucks.  Her son has a chance at a future he's excited about, and she and her husband are so determined to keep his paternity a secret, they are actively hurting him by not letting him have Jon's money for school.   That is taking a secret too far.   See, Delilah, that's what happens when you stubbornly lie to your kids about their paternity their whole lives.  Learn something from this!

With Eddie filing for paternity, does that mean he'll need a DNA test to prove he's Charlie's father?  I hope so.

It looked like Delilah sat the kids down to tell them something in the preview. I wonder if that will be just about PJ being their half-brother, or if she will also tell them about Charlie's father.  I'm really hoping Sophie and Danny decide they need to be tested, too, to figure out if Jon is their father for sure.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

I've never been to a funeral where they did that either, but I've seen it a lot on TV.  I'm sure some traditions do it, but I think it's done more often on TV for impact.  My dad died last year, and after helping my mom care for him during the last 6 months of his life, watching him waste away, and then holding is hand as he made his transition, there's no way I could have tolerated actually seeing them lower him into the ground.  I know that probably sounds foolish, but that part was too final for me.  I didn't even like looking at the grave and knowing they were going to put him down there.  I just said "See you later daddy," and put a flower on his casket.

• Love 6

Its hilarious that after so many weeks wondering how any of these people keep their jobs, considering how often they run off to do other random crap, Gary finally gets fired for not going to work!

I can totally buy that Delilah would be considering fleeing the country with Charlie, thats how awful she is being! She is so entitled that she thinks its appropriate to start whining to her friend, whos mother in law just died and whos funeral they literally just left, about her stupid problems and how everyone is totally picking on her! How DARE everyone not just give her exactly what she wants all of the time and agree with her about everything, even if what she wants is clearly selfish! I mean, if the PJ story is teaching us anything, its that lying about your kids parents is just going to cause even more problems down the line. Delilah really does have some nerve to throw that "I know your a good lawyer, be a good person" crap, I mean, holy shit! Katherine is a damn saint, who saved your house and has been nothing but kind to you even after you had an affair with her husband! What is this "being a good person" have to do with hiding this secret anyway? Keeping this a secret and keeping Charlie from her father and brother, and lying to your poor kids, is just making worse, and while it will hurt the kids certainly, it seems like the one who will mostly adversely affected by all of this coming out is you! Go figure! Almost like this isnt about protecting the kids, its about keeping her from actually having to deal with the consequences of her actions.

I do love that Delilah being extra selfish and awful has led to snarky rightfully pissed Katherine, because snarky rightfully pissed Katherine is awesome. "I dont understand the reasons for a lot of the things you do." "My husband? Why yes I have."

• Love 11
2 hours ago, izabella said:

I'm really hoping Sophie and Danny decide they need to be tested, too, to figure out if Jon is their father for sure.

Actually, this is exactly the kind of thing the writers on this show would go for. Sophie gets a paternity test, finds out she isn't Jon's daughter, and the way is cleared for her and PJ to hook up after all. 

It's nearly as creepy as the distinct feeling I had that Maggie was going to seduce Eric out of desire to be as close as possible to her dead brother's beating heart.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, iwasish said:

Why hasn’t he suggested going to England with her? Not having a job makes  that easy.  I’m betting if he does suggest it, she finds some excuse to say no.  Of course Colin would be an issue.

i for one can’t stand the overly childish interplay between Gary and Maggie. It’s like they go out of their way to avoid being serious. 

As nice as it is that Katherine is supportive of Eddie regarding Charlie, I think she should  let Eddie deal with Delilah and stay in the background.  I think that if this situation gets to court, it could look as if Katherine is so involved  just as retaliation against Delilah. “She tried to take my husband.... I’ll get her kid”

another thought on Gary’s job, maybe he quit so that he is free to go to Oxford.  I wouldn’t be shocked if Maggie doesn’t want him to. What did he do for a living anyway?

Edna is in next weeks show. Do you think he gives Colin back after fan backlash (lol) or that is a bit much?

Going to England and showing some scenes there would be cool, although I don't like Maggie but who would work?  I"ve seen some House Hunter International shows were accountants get transferred there, my cousin did for 6 months but Gary was fired. My daughter loved England, did a year abroad in college and went back with scholarship for Masters. It was cheaper there too overall. Her boyfriend was fine with it and I don't think a year is a deal-breaker, if Maggie was offered a job in Calif or somewhere permanent, then it would be a break up.

I also found it funny they wrote that line in about not working since it was a topic in many fan forums but he must have some savings to fall back on. (or Jon's money) 😉

It seems the 40 minutes or so of show next week is a lot of rushed scenes, ending in a shocking way. Something happen to PJ or Barbara?

Edited by debraran
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm glad he's actually going to file for paternity. Sucks for the kids, but it's the right thing to do. It forces Delilah to be honest.

What sucks for the kids is that they continue to believe their mother is oh so awesome. Imagine how much it would suck for the younger ones if this bullshit continues. The show runners will probably drag this to infinity because they don't seem to have any more ideas, really. 

7 hours ago, izabella said:

See, Delilah, that's what happens when you stubbornly lie to your kids about their paternity their whole lives.  Learn something from this!

I can see one story being a mirror for the other but am afraid they will write in a way that lying is always better because Delilah is the one doing the lying. 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Was this the episode that was supposed to have a warning before it ran or is that next week’s? 

Next week.  I feel PJ or Elliot but Elliot hasn’t been in it lately.  Mitch might lose it, so many scenarios 

Rome’s brother might need help at some point too .   

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Delilah has a lot of nerve asking Katherine to be a "good person." She went out of her way to keep you in your house. She has no obligation to lie to her kid for the rest of her life because you're a self-centered bitch.

OK you guys win, all of you and I am going to take away all the previous benefits of the doubt I ever gave Delilah; that she's stressed, she's hormonal blah, blah).....Nope, she just sucks.  Because when you get down to it she is not asking Katherine to be a "good person" and she's not asking Regina to be a good friend, she's demanding that they see and do things her way and only her way.  Logic be damned, future consequences be damned and others emotions be damned.  Eddie wants a relationship with both his kids and that they know they're brother and sister so they can have a relationship; too bad, Katherine want's both family's stable with some sort of visitation and custody so they can all plan their lives; sorry, do things on my schedule and I'll just ask you to "babysit" when it's convenient for me, everyone says just rip off the band-aid tell Sophie and Danny and help them start dealing with it; sorry I'll keep the secret forever because that never, ever backfired on anyone.

Seriously her quest to be perfect and right has made her completely selfish and she's backed into a corner and ganged up on because she painted herself into it with her actions.   Well, the show is going very on the nose, in your face with it but Delilah is about to get in a headbutt with reality when the exact scenario she's trying to avoid comes after her in the form of PJ and John and PJ's family.   Normally I'd say that plot is a little to obvious but at this point Delilah has become so insufferable I sort of welcome seeing her get that info and link it to her own actions........ let's see what she thinks of keeping secrets then.  

9 hours ago, debraran said:

I think Mitch is abusive; not physical but emotional.......From how he's been presented he seems short tempered and controlling.  PJ is nearly 18, born in 2002 he can't be more than a couple of months away from being a legal adult.  But Mitch still has his buddies telling him they saw PJ in this or that area of town and Mitch doesn't just ask what did you do today he grills him on it.  He stopped PJ during the dog search and his questions were more probing than "hey watcha up to?" and now he was going to Rome's place demanding to know where his son is.  When you read it out like that it doesn't sound tooo bad but I feel like it's how he says things and how he loses his temper; there seems to be a certain need for control above and beyond the normal watching out for your kid.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
51 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

OK you guys win, all of you and I am going to take away all the previous benefits of the doubt I ever gave Delilah; that she's stressed, she's hormonal blah, blah).....Nope, she just sucks.  Because when you get down to it she is not asking Katherine to be a "good person" and she's not asking Regina to be a good friend, she's demanding that they see and do things her way and only her way.  Logic be damned, future consequences be damned and others emotions be damned.  Eddie wants a relationship with both his kids and that they know they're brother and sister so they can have a relationship; too bad, Katherine want's both family's stable with some sort of visitation and custody so they can all plan their lives; sorry, do things on my schedule and I'll just ask you to "babysit" when it's convenient for me, everyone says just rip off the band-aid tell Sophie and Danny and help them start dealing with it; sorry I'll keep the secret forever because that never, ever backfired on anyone.

Seriously her quest to be perfect and right has made her completely selfish and she's backed into a corner and ganged up on because she painted herself into it with her actions.   Well, the show is going very on the nose, in your face with it but Delilah is about to get in a headbutt with reality when the exact scenario she's trying to avoid comes after her in the form of PJ and John and PJ's family.   Normally I'd say that plot is a little to obvious but at this point Delilah has become so insufferable I sort of welcome seeing her get that info and link it to her own actions........ let's see what she thinks of keeping secrets then.  

I think Mitch is abusive; not physical but emotional.......From how he's been presented he seems short tempered and controlling.  PJ is nearly 18, born in 2002 he can't be more than a couple of months away from being a legal adult.  But Mitch still has his buddies telling him they saw PJ in this or that area of town and Mitch doesn't just ask what did you do today he grills him on it.  He stopped PJ during the dog search and his questions were more probing than "hey watcha up to?" and now he was going to Rome's place demanding to know where his son is.  When you read it out like that it doesn't sound tooo bad but I feel like it's how he says things and how he loses his temper; there seems to be a certain need for control above and beyond the normal watching out for your kid.

I agree.  Barbara is way too afraid if him and she always comes off tougher than that. There will be a price to pay for lies.  It seems a lot of cast on last show     Eric, Enid , the dog owner etc.  

Edited by debraran
  • Love 3

This episode has made it clear to me that PJ is definitely not Jon's son, and I am finally on the Delilah sucks bandwagon. 

3 hours ago, debraran said:

Edna is in next weeks show. Do you think he gives Colin back after fan backlash (lol) or that is a bit much?

I think the show is taped too far in advance to consider a change at this point due to fan backlash.

• Love 6

Why are Rome's parents having him run around to buy stuff for their cruise? They are both healthy and able-bodied enough to go to the store themselves. Or they could send Omar since he's getting PAID to be at the house.

I've been to several graveside funerals but I don't recall any of them having like ten spare shovels just in case people want to join in.

Delilah is a piece of work. After all that Katherine has put up with and done out of the kindness of her heart for Delilah and her family, Delilah has the nerve to accuse Katherine of not being a good person because she thinks that the kids deserve to know the truth.

Then again, this is the person who feels ganged up on simply because not everyone is agreeing with her and kissing her ass. Apparently in her mind, you're being persecuted and picked on whenever someone disagrees with you or isn't 100% supportive of your shitty decisions.

9 hours ago, iwasish said:

He didn't quit. He was fired for taking so much time off. He was an actuary at an insurance company.

• Love 10

More weird timeline stuff - Sophie said this might be her last music lesson with Eddie for a while because Delilah wanted to take the family to France for the summer. So Danny's Grease performance happened without us having to see everyone attend it? And the school year is over?

Gary mentioned this week that he and Maggie haven't even known each other for a year (he said in the Austin episode that he met Maggie nine months ago) but in the episode where Colin ran off, the flyer they found was from a year ago, which was when Gary found Colin by which time he had already met Maggie (he met Maggie in the pilot and he found Colin in 1.5). Then again, the first few episodes of S1 seemed to take place over, like, a week.

I know, I know, I shouldn't try to suss out a logical timeline for this show.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Gary mentioned this week that he and Maggie haven't even known each other for a year (he said in the Austin episode that he met Maggie nine months ago) but in the episode where Colin ran off, the flyer they found was from a year ago, which was when Gary found Colin by which time he had already met Maggie (he met Maggie in the pilot and he found Colin in 1.5). Then again, the first few episodes of S1 seemed to take place over, like, a week.

Actually, Gary found Colin BEFORE he met Maggie. IIRC, Gary found Colin on the day that Jon died, and he met Maggie shortly after. I think I remember there being a flashback last season where Gary found Colin at the....park? I think Eddie even mentioned to Gary that he had found Colin in October in Boston, and we know October is when Jon died. 

• Love 3

This is the first episode in ... well, forever, it seems, that it seems a bit like the show I thought I was signing up to see. I think Rome's mother's death and the funeral was handled really well, with great emotional beats for all of Rome's family - even his slacker brother.

And it's the first time I am beginning to believe that Delilah is actually being acknowledged as the bad guy by the writers of the show. All other things aside, she wouldn't even consider signing a piece of paper to acknowledge Eddie being the father of her child - which would involve NO lying to her kids, who wouldn't even see that document. That's not a person whose chief concern is that her kids don't find out. That's a person who wants the option to run, or cut Eddie out of Charley's life.

I loved the conversation with Regina, where she asked Delilah "well, are you?" I've had that conversation (on a different topic) with a former friend who Delilah has reminded me of from the start. It's exhausting to have to phrase every single thing as gently as possible to someone who has no self awareness.

11 hours ago, kazza said:

Wow. No words

Really, no words. It does give insight into Delilah's psyche, though; anyone unwilling to enable her is a bad person. Makes you wonder about the validity of Delilah's claim of feeling unwanted by Jon (or whatever the reason was.) 

Now that is an interesting idea...that her feeling unwanted was because Jon didn't fawn over her at all times. So she felt it was her due to screw someone else.

11 hours ago, mikem said:

That's the first thing I thought of. What's next? Regina's restaurant failing because she's rarely there?

11 hours ago, iwasish said:

I'm not crazy about it either - but on the other hand, it makes sense for them as a couple to have a similar sense of...humor?

10 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Back to Delilah, I'm glad to see that she's just as useful as ever. She shows up for Rome, sure (with one kid mysteriously missing) but she doesn't help prep anything, or clean anything up, or...really, anything. I didn't see her pick up anything. Ok, maybe I did see her pick up ONE thing...while she was bitching about Eddie having the nerve to confront her at the funeral, even though she was planning on running off to France for two months. I do have to laugh at not just Katherine but even Regina thinking for a moment that Delilah was capable of taking off.

She did bring a platter of puff stuff to the roof - but that seemed more like an excuse to talk to Sophie. With all that drama, I wondered why, since she has a gay son, she didn't suggest that maybe PJ wasn't all that into girls. (I mean, it's not the case, but seems like it would be something that might enter your mind when trying to comfort your kid.)

10 hours ago, TheLotusFlower said:

I've never been to a funeral where they did that either, but I've seen it a lot on TV.  I'm sure some traditions do it, but I think it's done more often on TV for impact.  My dad died last year, and after helping my mom care for him during the last 6 months of his life, watching him waste away, and then holding is hand as he made his transition, there's no way I could have tolerated actually seeing them lower him into the ground.  I know that probably sounds foolish, but that part was too final for me.  I didn't even like looking at the grave and knowing they were going to put him down there.  I just said "See you later daddy," and put a flower on his casket.

It does not sound foolish at all. I couldn't watch the funeral home put Mom onto a stretcher and zip up the bag. Some things are just too devastatingly final.

4 hours ago, debraran said:

Going to England and showing some scenes there would be cool, although I don't like Maggie but who would work?  I"ve seen some House Hunter International shows were accountants get transferred there, my cousin did for 6 months but Gary was fired. My daughter loved England, did a year abroad in college and went back with scholarship for Masters. It was cheaper there too overall. Her boyfriend was fine with it and I don't think a year is a deal-breaker, if Maggie was offered a job in Calif or somewhere permanent, then it would be a break up.

So, I've watched a lot of House Hunters, but not much of the Property Brothers - what Rome's brother was describing seemed more like House Hunters to me - or do they have the same routine on the "twins" show?

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

That's the first thing I thought of. What's next? Regina's restaurant failing because she's rarely there?

To be fair to Regina, she IS there almost every episode. We saw her there in this episode, for example. She's the most successful one out of all of them. Katherine's in second place, but she hasn't been shown at work much this season so that's why she's slipped. But Regina is consistently working, so I do give them props for that. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

To be fair to Regina, she IS there almost every episode. We saw her there in this episode, for example. She's the most successful one out of all of them. Katherine's in second place, but she hasn't been shown at work much this season so that's why she's slipped. But Regina is consistently working, so I do give them props for that. 

You're right. I guess the dog search episode was sticking in my mind, and I was carelessly quippy.

31 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Actually, Gary found Colin BEFORE he met Maggie. IIRC, Gary found Colin on the day that Jon died, and he met Maggie shortly after. I think I remember there being a flashback last season where Gary found Colin at the....park? I think Eddie even mentioned to Gary that he had found Colin in October in Boston, and we know October is when Jon died. 

D'oh! I totally forgot that when we first saw Colin in 1.5 it was a flashback!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Why are Rome's parents having him run around to buy stuff for their cruise? They are both healthy and able-bodied enough to go to the store themselves. Or they could send Omar since he's getting PAID to be at the house.

I've been to several graveside funerals but I don't recall any of them having like ten spare shovels just in case people want to join in.

Delilah is a piece of work. After all that Katherine has put up with and done out of the kindness of her heart for Delilah and her family, Delilah has the nerve to accuse Katherine of not being a good person because she thinks that the kids deserve to know the truth.

Then again, this is the person who feels ganged up on simply because not everyone is agreeing with her and kissing her ass. Apparently in her mind, you're being persecuted and picked on whenever someone disagrees with you or isn't 100% supportive of your shitty decisions.

He didn't quit. He was fired for taking so much time off. He was an actuary at an insurance company.

I know that is what he said, but did we see him get fired? Interesting and very convenient  that he just gets fired as an opportunity arises for Maggie to go to Oxford.  Will he throw it in her face that he sacrificed his job to hold her hand thru chemo and now she’s leaving him? He seems the type to do that. 

• Love 3

Weird timelines aside, I enjoyed this episode very much, and felt it might have been the most coherent of the bunch so far, with it's ramping up to gawd knows what for next week. The actors were all great, but Romany Malco was a tour de force in my opinion.  He and Christina Moses were so good this episode, and I am not always a fan of Regina, but she was really great this episode. 

Rome's brother is also a good addition.  Omar is supposed to be annoying, but I loved that he was talking about the Property Brothers and that Maggie just got it, and Gary was not following the conversation. That was pretty funny. I hope they can include him in another episode. 

I will be so mad if something bad happens to PJ because they waited to tell him about the results and he felt that they were lying to him yet again. 

And WTF, Delilah?  How dare you intimate that Katherine is not a good person. Compared to what? To YOU? For goodness sake, she saved your house, she was in the birth announcement photo, (big whoop, BTW as far as acknowledging Eddie as the dad) and she has been very kind and generous with your children because she knows they are innocent in all of this. Gah, you make me wanna shake you, woman. I think Katherine's intentions are pure, in that she wants what is best for Eddie and Charlie, as well as her own son, and in the long run, it will be the best for Lizzy and Danny too.  If she gets a bit of revenge back, so much the better, because, well, let's face it, Delilah, you have been less than sorry and humble about what happened with you and Eddie.  Eddie at least is trying to make things up to Katherine.  He's made amends.  Where do your amends begin?

Looking forward to next week, because this week set it up so well. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

OK you guys win, all of you and I am going to take away all the previous benefits of the doubt I ever gave Delilah; that she's stressed, she's hormonal blah, blah).....Nope, she just sucks. 

I'm here, too. I mean, that 'be a good person' line crossed over into actual villain territory. What a bitch.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, gsnrocks92 said:

It was the symbolism of him taking Jon's place in the group since he is (allegedly) Jon's son.

Yeah....but still. Aren't Rome and Regina the only ones who know about that so far? How does no one else think it's weird that Rome is suddenly buddies with a high-school kid?

10 hours ago, izabella said:

With Eddie filing for paternity, does that mean he'll need a DNA test to prove he's Charlie's father?  I hope so.

Oh, pretty please with a cherry on top?

10 hours ago, TheLotusFlower said:

there's no way I could have tolerated actually seeing them lower him into the ground. I know that probably sounds foolish, but that part was too final for me.  I didn't even like looking at the grave and knowing they were going to put him down there.  I just said "See you later daddy," and put a flower on his casket.

Oh, I couldn't, either. The funerals I've been to recently were for two cousins (both unexpected and way too soon) and an aunt (elderly, sick, and a bit of a relief because she in so much pain). Not people who were in my everyday life like my parents are, but I still wouldn't have been able to watch that. (And they're not even under six feet of dirt. The mausoleum reminds me of a giant filing cabinet.)

8 hours ago, flyingmontana said:

Actually, this is exactly the kind of thing the writers on this show would go for. Sophie gets a paternity test, finds out she isn't Jon's daughter, and the way is cleared for her and PJ to hook up after all. 

Ha! I suggested this last week! PJ and Danny are half brothers through Jon, Sophie and Danny are half siblings through Delilah, and Sophie and PJ aren't related at all! The path to true love!

• Love 2
13 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Did we not actually see or hear Theo in this? I kinda like it that way. They should keep doing that.

No, we didn't see him, but we found out that a 10 year old kid still wants his mommy or daddy to read him a story at bedtime.  Do none of these writers actually have kids?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

No, we didn't see him, but we found out that a 10 year old kid still wants his mommy or daddy to read him a story at bedtime.  Do none of these writers actually have kids?

Right? I was reading under the covers with a flashlight by that age.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I always assumed it was a Jewish tradition.

It definitely is though we don't ever fill it in entirely. Everyone just takes a scoop of dirt and moves along. Not just family, everyone present and comfortable doing it. I always liked that custom. Pretty sure cemeteries just fill graves in with backhoes now so you don't actually have to pay a person to fill the grave in. Another Jewish tradition, quick funerals. I was watching this thinking "what is even happening, Rome isn't Jewish!"

• Love 4
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Well, we know they don't have dogs. 😉

• LOL 3
  • Love 2