Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Goodnight

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

It definitely is though we don't ever fill it in entirely. Everyone just takes a scoop of dirt and moves along. Not just family, everyone present and comfortable doing it. I always liked that custom. Pretty sure cemeteries just fill graves in with backhoes now so you don't actually have to pay a person to fill the grave in. Another Jewish tradition, quick funerals. I was watching this thinking "what is even happening, Rome isn't Jewish!"

I pass a cemetery on my way to work and once in a while in the morning I'll see them setting up for a funeral. They don't even leave the dirt pile near the hole; I assume they put it on a truck or something when they dig and then bring it back later to fill it in. (They also lay astroturf around the hole and several feet out; I assume in part so they can put out chairs without having them sink into the dirt, and to have a smoother surface for people to walk on.) Of course, in a lot of places the only nearby place to pile it would be on someone else's gravestone and I suspect that wouldn't go over well.

15 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Gary's second job got him fired from his paying job.  It is a lot of work being Johnny on the spot for all the friends, helping them solve their problems, taking kids to auditions and babysitting infants.  

Maggie and Oxford is boring.  

And searching all over town for errant dogs.

I am sick of Maggie and hope she not only goes to Oxford, but stays there. I find her mannerisms totally annoying and as I have mentioned before, the wig/hat with the full set of eyebrows/lashes is not realistic and bugs me. Of course that is only one of the things on this show that is not realistic.

14 hours ago, izabella said:

With Eddie filing for paternity, does that mean he'll need a DNA test to prove he's Charlie's father?  I hope so.

God, I hope so! And that D has already told the kids that Eddie is the father, and then it turns out he's not. That would be delicious! It would serve this narcissistic bitch right. And if none of this happens, I will live for Katherine coming for her. She is the only one of this bunch who can stand up to her.

• Love 10

For Jewish funerals, they always leave the pile of dirt next to the hole in the ground.  Once the casket is lowered, all present come up and take a shovel to put some dirt on the casket.  It doesn't fill it entirely; that's done by cemetery staff later on.

At my mother's funeral (we are Jewish), most of the guests weren't Jewish, and most had never heard of this, and I told them they didn't have to do it.  But everyone wanted to participate.  It's family first, then whoever wants to.

I honestly have never seen this at a non-Jewish funeral, so I thought it was interesting.

Edited by Sterling
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Sterling said:

For Jewish funerals, they always leave the pile of dirt next to the hole in the ground.  Once the casket is lowered, all present come up and take a shovel to put some dirt on the casket.  It doesn't fill it entirely; that's done by cemetery staff later on.

At my mother's funeral (we are Jewish), most of the guests weren't Jewish, and most had never heard of this, and I told them they didn't have to do it.  But everyone wanted to participate.  It's family first, then whoever wants to.

I honestly have never seen this at a non-Jewish funeral, so I thought it was interesting.

Interesting. Thanks for that.

Most (well, all, I guess) of the funerals I've been to have either been relatively generic Protestant (which describes most of my family), or Catholic. (And as I mentioned above, the last few I went to were not at regular gravesites, so there was no hole and no pile of dirt. Actually, the last funeral I went to I can think of that was like that was my grandmother's in 2001, and I don't remember a pile of dirt nearby.)

To get back to the show...they didn't do that at Jon's funeral, did they?

49 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Interesting. Thanks for that.

Most (well, all, I guess) of the funerals I've been to have either been relatively generic Protestant (which describes most of my family), or Catholic. (And as I mentioned above, the last few I went to were not at regular gravesites, so there was no hole and no pile of dirt. Actually, the last funeral I went to I can think of that was like that was my grandmother's in 2001, and I don't remember a pile of dirt nearby.)

To get back to the show...they didn't do that at Jon's funeral, did they?

I don't think they did that at Jon's funeral.  Was actually wondering why they did it for Rome's mother.

Can't. Stand. Delilah.  Has an affair, gets pregnant, wants to hide the baby's identity from her own children, yet Katherine needs to be a good person?

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Can't. Stand. Delilah.  Has an affair, gets pregnant, wants to hide the baby's identity from her own children, yet Katherine needs to be a good person?

Well, I guess somebody has to and obviously Delilah isn't volunteering...

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

No words for how much I hate Delilah.  I watch this show solely for Catherine.  

I have really become a fan of Grace Park.  The look on her face when Delilah said she wanted her to be a "good person" was pure gold.  Best moment of the show for me

• Love 10
2 hours ago, lizajane said:

I am sick of Maggie and hope she not only goes to Oxford, but stays there. I find her mannerisms totally annoying and as I have mentioned before, the wig/hat with the full set of eyebrows/lashes is not realistic and bugs me. Of course that is only one of the things on this show that is not realistic.

Same here. Maggie comes across as so pleased with herself. All. The. Time.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, lizajane said:

God, I hope so! And that D has already told the kids that Eddie is the father, and then it turns out he's not. That would be delicious! It would serve this narcissistic bitch right. And if none of this happens, I will live for Katherine coming for her. She is the only one of this bunch who can stand up to her.

I know Gary went along with Jon to get a vasectomy, but was Delilah aware of Jon getting the procedure? I’m guessing she was and that’s how she knew it wasn’t Jon’s baby. The other the possibility is Jon and Delilah hadn’t had sex in a long time. 

I wish one of the group would call out Delilah on her hypocrisy, she failed  keep her VOW to be faithful to Jon and yet she expects Eddie (also unfaithful to his wife) to keep a mere promise. Let Katherine throw that in her face. 

And maybe, just maybe Eddie and Delilah should have kept their secret between the two of them. Gary knew Jon had a vasectomy but he didn’t have to know it was Eddie that Delilah was banging. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, lizajane said:

...I am sick of Maggie and hope she not only goes to Oxford, but stays there. I find her mannerisms totally annoying and as I have mentioned before, the wig/hat with the full set of eyebrows/lashes is not realistic and bugs me. Of course that is only one of the things on this show that is not realistic.

25 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Same here. Maggie comes across as so pleased with herself. All. The. Time.

Maggie is running the race hard for the most insufferable bitch.  I don't think she can beat Delilah but is really trying to be obnoxious.  Both of them really think they are special.  

Delilah keeps topping herself and goes even lower.  The good person remark was inexcusable and I'd have been happy to see Katherine slap the shit out of her, but of course, she is smarter than that.

Are the just finished with the dog story line?  Apparently they are pleased to leave it as a stolen dog is good outcome.

• Love 14
38 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I know Gary went along with Jon to get a vasectomy, but was Delilah aware of Jon getting the procedure? I’m guessing she was and that’s how she knew it wasn’t Jon’s baby. The other the possibility is Jon and Delilah hadn’t had sex in a long time. 

The procedure doesn't have a high failure rate, but it has happened. That's what I am hoping for.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Suzn said:

Maggie is running the race hard for the most insufferable bitch.  I don't think she can beat Delilah but is really trying to be obnoxious.  Both of them really think they are special.  

Delilah keeps topping herself and goes even lower.  The good person remark was inexcusable and I'd have been happy to see Katherine slap the shit out of her, but of course, she is smarter than that.

Are the just finished with the dog story line?  Apparently they are pleased to leave it as a stolen dog is good outcome.

I am hoping that "Edna" listed next week means something . A fan said it just might mean a flashback but what if Colin does something sad or Gary feels guilty and brings him back because England beckons. I just want them to do the right thing. So disheartening that some fans thought it was "sweet". I guess they never loved or missed a dog and everyone is different. If Nash got this excited over such a bad story line and that was it, he really isn't very good. He was angry he lost Wifi and couldn't send it to writers. I hope for more.

Delilah never mentioned Jon doing vasectomy. Since she didn't work, she would have went with him. I just can't picture Jon asking Gary to do that and he didn't really need a ride. He's not sleeping with his wife, no other birth control exists, he's planning his suicide and he gets snipped? Just so odd. Bad writing or Nash got tired of everyone saying it was Jon's. lol, they still do, sometimes your own idea is hard to let go of and I feel he still hasn't 100% proven anyone's paternity.

The new show in January on the 16th is called The Kiss. I think from the cast, it's the play. Elliot and Danny? A girl? ; )  Do we go "tragic" to happy in a few weeks. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11071772/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1

When this show started I was meh on Delilah. Her bullshit didn't bother me too much and I had hopes - long since faded - that this would be a different, interesting show. Nope. Delilah has grown on me - in the wrong direction. Maggie has become a brat that throws tantrums and get moody for anything. Rome and Regina I used to like more. Gary - meh. 

I think some people here mentioned the actor who plays Eddie, whom I have never seen anywhere, and who watch the show because of him - assuming they find him "hot". I don't watch shows for "hotness" and I don't care much about men anyway, but the character has gotten better. I really like Grace Park. The first show I saw her in was a very good, underrated show from a few years ago - The Cleaner. She was good on that one too, so the actress has - to me - shown that she can act. And the character is the only real adult in the room. Eddie is still like a teen needing guidance and support but as long as he distances himself from the Delilah train, he is scoring in the positive side.

I wonder what Nash wants people to see. Does he believe Delilah is the awesomest of all and wants us to like her, or is he cashing in the hate she evokes, making her a super villain, manipulative, until her last breath? Because if it is the latter, the show will likely not survive that long.

I didn't have a problem with the funeral thing. I don't attend that many funerals, by choice (when I don't know people very well) or because most people close to me do it differently (cremation, then memorial service). I guess it was to emphasize the friendship, more like an image. That kind of stuff on TV shows I can deal with.

I agree that PJ's "father" is pretty abusive. He is controlling and what he is doing is for his own benefit. This is not love, or it is a very misplaced love.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, alexvillage said:

I wonder what Nash wants people to see. Does he believe Delilah is the awesomest of all and wants us to like her, or is he cashing in the hate she evokes, making her a super villain, manipulative, until her last breath? Because if it is the latter, the show will likely not survive that long.

I didn't have a problem with the funeral thing. I don't attend that many funerals, by choice (when I don't know people very well) or because most people close to me do it differently (cremation, then memorial service). I guess it was to emphasize the friendship, more like an image. That kind of stuff on TV shows I can deal with.

I agree that PJ's "father" is pretty abusive. He is controlling and what he is doing is for his own benefit. This is not love, or it is a very misplaced love.

That's the problem. Nash seems to want us to see that Delilah is the victim in all of this, when she has caused half of this crap. Or let it become a problem because: "It's my family." When she was ready to just leave everyone in the dust a year ago. 

Then you add in PJ's stepfather who is coming off as abusive, yet he wants to hide PJ's parentage because: "It will be too hard for him." Seriously, a house needs to fall on both of them. Nash and the writers have this warped sense of: "They are nasty people, but don't you feel sorry for them. Their lives have been crap." No, they MAKE other people's life crap. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, debraran said:

Delilah never mentioned Jon doing vasectomy. Since she didn't work, she would have went with him. I just can't picture Jon asking Gary to do that and he didn't really need a ride. He's not sleeping with his wife, no other birth control exists, he's planning his suicide and he gets snipped? Just so odd. Bad writing or Nash got tired of everyone saying it was Jon's. lol, they still do, sometimes your own idea is hard to let go of and I feel he still hasn't 100% proven anyone's paternity.

Though the vasectomy does seem to be a bit of retcon, I could spin a story around Jon not telling Delilah (especially if he suspected - as he did - that she was having an affair). Since he went with Gary to his cancer treatments, I can see him asking (and from my experience with my ex's vasectomy - he may not have needed a driver since the anesthetic is local, but once it wears off, the "snip, snip" is painful, at least for awhile. So driving wouldn't be a lot of fun.

Totally on board that paternity hasn't really been proven with anyone. There are lots of faulty assumptions and methods of DNA collection that would never prove anything in a court of law.

1 hour ago, readster said:

That's the problem. Nash seems to want us to see that Delilah is the victim in all of this, when she has caused half of this crap. Or let it become a problem because: "It's my family." When she was ready to just leave everyone in the dust a year ago. 

Then you add in PJ's stepfather who is coming off as abusive, yet he wants to hide PJ's parentage because: "It will be too hard for him." Seriously, a house needs to fall on both of them. Nash and the writers have this warped sense of: "They are nasty people, but don't you feel sorry for them. Their lives have been crap." No, they MAKE other people's life crap. 

I've reversed my opinion on this. I think Delilah is now being shown to be in the wrong and though I never feel a lot of sympathy for her, my sense has been that the show hasn't shown that much sympathy in the last two episodes. Whether or not that will last is anyone's guess.

PJs stepfather has been written inconsistently. As I recall, his stated rationale behind not telling PJ has been that he doesn't want PJ to know he's been lying to him his whole life. Whether that is because of love or pride, it's hard to tell. Refusing money is idiotic (I mean, if you've been lying for years, why not make up a distant relative who left money - what's one more lie?).  Anyway, he's certainly meant to be received as a controlling emotional abuser - the male version of Delilah's controlling manipulator.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Anyway, he's certainly meant to be received as a controlling emotional abuser - the male version of Delilah's controlling manipulator.

I would say that the two of them should just get together and be done with it so that no one else has to deal with them, but the two of them are the most likely people to create the anti-Christ, so its probably for the best that they stay apart! 

I dont know if its how the actor is playing him or how he is being written, or both, but PJs dad always seems like he is two seconds from kicking the shit out of someone. Even when he is trying to be nice, it feels like the calm before the storm. And PJs parents not taking the money is just stupid and cruel, especially when PJ is so desperate to go to that nice college. They are just keeping him away from his dreams just because they dont want to get caught in a lie, and this is going to make everything worse and hurt PJ even more. Maybe theres a lesson here D? 

• Love 3

As I said earlier, I do bellieve that Delilah is selfish but nowhere near a narcissist. She is a person that is very self absorbed. Put it this way, she is the most self absorbed of that friendship group but Gary, Maggie, and Eddie (and I like Eddie) are no strangers to being self absorbed themselves. Eddie seems to be slowly learning.

Gary and Maggie are so over the top all the damn time. Why?

Theo is too saccharine sweet but Danny is not too far behind. 

I agree that PJ's dad always seems angry and ready to kick ass. It does not help that Barbara plays it like she is afraid of him.

I say all this but still enjoy the show.

• Love 6

Geez so many issues would be solved if these idiots would sit down for a mature conversation. But I don’t know...it sort of feels like Katherine is focusing all of her anger on Delilah in an effort to make things work with Eddie (when clearly she was betrayed by both). Everyone keeps telling her she’s “a saint” or she’s “amazing” but I feel like that is a facade that will end up exploding. I mean, they aren’t even in counseling! Instead they have major life decision discussions at Theo’s birthday party and after Rome’s mom’s funeral. And her pulling the “I saved your house and don’t mess with me” sounded like an unnecessary threat that will probably backfire. What’s the end goal here? I’m all for honesty with your kids, but this really doesn’t need to be done right this instant.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, TheGreenWave said:

Geez so many issues would be solved if these idiots would sit down for a mature conversation. But I don’t know...it sort of feels like Katherine is focusing all of her anger on Delilah in an effort to make things work with Eddie (when clearly she was betrayed by both). Everyone keeps telling her she’s “a saint” or she’s “amazing” but I feel like that is a facade that will end up exploding. I mean, they aren’t even in counseling! Instead they have major life decision discussions at Theo’s birthday party and after Rome’s mom’s funeral. And her pulling the “I saved your house and don’t mess with me” sounded like an unnecessary threat that will probably backfire. What’s the end goal here? I’m all for honesty with your kids, but this really doesn’t need to be done right this instant.

That's the thing. They AREN'T in counseling, when they clearing need it. Hell, Delilah should be there, even if wants everything to be about her. Of course, Rome who had moments and medication, we BARELY ever see there and the one person in the group who should be doing it, Maggie. NEVER DOES IT! 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, TheGreenWave said:

What’s the end goal here? I’m all for honesty with your kids, but this really doesn’t need to be done right this instant.

The goal is to stop lying to the kids. Theo should get to know that Charlie is his sister. Eddie should be able to call Charlie his daughter.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, readster said:

That's the thing. They AREN'T in counseling, when they clearing need it. Hell, Delilah should be there, even if wants everything to be about her. Of course, Rome who had moments and medication, we BARELY ever see there and the one person in the group who should be doing it, Maggie. NEVER DOES IT! 

Especially if she wants everything to be about her - though of course, she doesn't take even the gentlest of suggestions well.

12 hours ago, TheGreenWave said:

And her pulling the “I saved your house and don’t mess with me” sounded like an unnecessary threat that will probably backfire. What’s the end goal here? I’m all for honesty with your kids, but this really doesn’t need to be done right this instant.

She was responding to Delilah's impending plan to leave the country - ostensibly for a short time, but with a non-zero risk of her keeping Charley away from Eddie forever - since he does not have any legal standing as Charley's father. Given her plans to leave, there is actually some urgency, perhaps not with telling the kids, but with changing the birth certificate - which doesn't involve the kids at all, and yet Delilah resists even that step.  She wants Eddie to have the responsibility of being Charley's father without having any of the authority.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, nexxie said:

As much as I like Catherine, imo she and Eddie don’t seem like a couple - not enough chemistry.

Agreed....I've thought about their lack of chemistry too!

Thing is, if this was real life, Catherine would be so pissed off about the affair that Eddie had, especially since it bore a child, that she'd be raking him over the coals in divorce court, moving Theo to Austin, and only allowing court-appointed visits.

I, too, have thought they don't seem like they have chemistry, but I'm wondering if that's how Grace Park is playing her role.  That, if in real life, this woman stayed with this cheating man who moves from music gig to music gig, never really providing for the family, so she not only provides the financial burden, but the only semblance of normalcy in Theo's life.....she'd be a bit cold to him.

Edited by Sterling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Sterling said:

Agreed....I've thought about their lack of chemistry too!

Thing is, if this was real life, Catherine would be so pissed off about the affair that Eddie had, especially since it bore a child, that she'd be raking him over the coals in divorce court, moving Theo to Austin, and only allowing court-appointed visits.

I, too, have thought they don't seem like they have chemistry, but I'm wondering if that's how Grace Park is playing her role.  That, if in real life, this woman stayed with this cheating man who moves from music gig to music gig, never really providing for the family, so she not only provides the financial burden, but the only semblance of normalcy in Theo's life.....she'd be a bit cold to him.

Don't forget him being alcoholic too. That he was drinking up until the Day Theo was born and almost relapsed, once again because of Theo stopping him. She be throwing that in his face in court too.

• Love 3

I don’t disagree that the truth needs to come out, but not in that way. In the very least, it makes sense that the “adults” need to sit down and figure out a plan. I get why D thinks she’s blindsided - first she plans an abortion, backs out and tells everyone she’s pregnant (Eddie freaks because he didn’t think she was sleeping with Jon), she then tells Eddie the truth. At this point, E and K are separated and K is seeing a coworker. E and D decide to tell everyone that it’s Jon’s baby. Fast forward and E and K start reconciling, E tells K about the true parentage of the baby. That and the birth of Charlie changes everything. Now instead of having the mature discussion, they start talking to the friend group taking “sides” and yelling at each other. If I were D and was concerned about appropriate timing to tell my other two kids, I would want to figure out how to do that with the most gentleness possible. The kids lost their dad to suicide and they are happy that there is this new piece of him living in Charlie. That and Danny coming to terms with his sexuality and then Sophie possibly attracted to her “half-bro”? I mean dang!! These adults are horrible people.

• Love 1

I must be watching a different show, because I think Eddie and Katherine have plenty of "chemistry," especially in the flashback about the table and how it got its scratch.  🙂

Katherine is in protective mode right now, so I think she's allowed to be a bit short with Delilah.  Delilah is not being super open with Eddie about how she intends to let him be a part of Charlie's life, and Eddie is just now figuring out how much being a father to Charlie actually means to him. So things are evolving, as life does, and Delilah is scared of the fallout, and I think really scared of her kids' judgement.  She's not been shown to have suffered much fallout from the affair from the friends' group at all really, and as a viewer, I'd like to see her acknowledge the consequences of her actions. This is a tv drama, not real life, but in the drama, she was prepared to rip her family to shreds and run away to god knows where with Eddie right before Jon killed himself, so I'm not feeling much sympathy for Delilah's predicament at the moment. 

As for Katherine maybe getting back at Delilah a little, well, maybe she is, and so what?  She's allowed to be a little angry with Delilah. She's been angry with Eddie, and she's forgiven him. He worked on doing amends, he went on that tour last year and moved out but didn't see other women, even though Gary tried to set him up. Delilah has not tried to make amends at all. Nor has she ever said thank you to Katherine.  So Katherine has decided to go all in on her marriage, and that means fighting battles for Eddie (and Charlie) and yeah, I guess Delilah better watch out. 

If Katherine was not a good person, she would just tell "the kids" the truth without waiting for Delilah's agreement.  She hasn't done that yet.  I get why it makes her angry that they are forcing her to lie to her own child. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 7

I have never encountered such a despised female character that writers are trying to make likable such as Delilah.  Seriously, you can combine Skylar White and Lori Grimes and still not arrive at the wretched self-righteousness of Delilah

as I have mentioned before, the wig/hat with the full set of eyebrows/lashes is not realistic and bugs me

OMG YES!  I guess her chemo was selective in the hair loss dept. 

Edited by ctlady
  • LOL 2

Didn't Maggie have a double mastectomy?   If so, these writers really need to make sure she's not wearing low cut tops.  The last two episodes I could see her cleavage and I'm pretty sure she's not suppose to have cleavage.  My aunt and a good friend of mine both had double mastectomy's, neither of them will wear a low cut V neck top.   Unless I missed the episode where she had breast reconstruction surgery.  

I'm Catholic and while we don't take a shovel and throw dirt on the coffin, at the end of the blessing the priest holds a small container of sand/dirt and all the guests are invited up to take some and put it on top of the coffin.  It's like a final farewell to the deceased.   

Gary missing work to nurse Maggie through chemo is ridiculous.   He would have/should have taken a leave of absence or used up whatever vacation time he had.  No employer would let someone just call in every day or whenever to say that he wasn't going into work today.  They would have forced him to take a leave of absence.  You don't leave your employer in limbo not knowing if you are going to show up or not.  

I'm with all that see no chemistry at all between Katherine and Eddie, but I do like Katherine and her sticking it to Delilah is awesome.  

Karma is a bitch Delilah and karma will come back to bite you in the ass!!!

A no Theo show was a great show!   

• Love 2

Gary loosing his  job is fishy. How far into their relationship  were they? I went every single time to chemo ,doctors apps. and radiation with my husband and often we’d go and his white count would be too low and would go home. Often many sleep during treatments. Some just want to be left alone. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Gary loosing his  job is fishy. How far into their relationship  were they? I went every single time to chemo ,doctors apps. and radiation with my husband and often we’d go and his white count would be too low and would go home. Often many sleep during treatments. Some just want to be left alone. 

They've been dating for about nine months. 

We haven't seen Gary go to work ever except for one time in season 1. It's no surprise he finally lost his job. We didn't even bother to see him go to work to get FIRED. And now it's been officially confirmed that he wasn't even going to work much offscreen. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, S.Batts said:

Didn't Maggie have a double mastectomy?   If so, these writers really need to make sure she's not wearing low cut tops.  The last two episodes I could see her cleavage and I'm pretty sure she's not suppose to have cleavage.  My aunt and a good friend of mine both had double mastectomy's, neither of them will wear a low cut V neck top.   Unless I missed the episode where she had breast reconstruction surgery.  

In the pilot episode when Gary and Maggie are hooking up in the bathroom, he goes to take her shirt off, but she stops him and says "Obviously my boobs are fake." He responds with "Obviously I'm okay with that," she smiles, they continue. It was quick, and it happened in the very first episode, but it has been established since we met Maggie that she had reconstruction surgery.

• Love 5
On 11/15/2019 at 12:51 PM, Sterling said:

At Orthodox Jewish funerals, whilst most attendees will just add one shovelful of dirt, family and friends will indeed fill the grave completely.

12 hours ago, Brookside said:

At Orthodox Jewish funerals, whilst most attendees will just add one shovelful of dirt, family and friends will indeed fill the grave completely.

At my daughter's funeral, Jewish but not orthodox, friends and family also stayed to fill the grave completely.

16 hours ago, elliedoestv said:

In the pilot episode when Gary and Maggie are hooking up in the bathroom, he goes to take her shirt off, but she stops him and says "Obviously my boobs are fake." He responds with "Obviously I'm okay with that," she smiles, they continue. It was quick, and it happened in the very first episode, but it has been established since we met Maggie that she had reconstruction surgery.

Thank you for clarifying!  

• Love 2
On 11/18/2019 at 11:16 AM, cardigirl said:

I must be watching a different show, because I think Eddie and Katherine have plenty of "chemistry," especially in the flashback about the table and how it got its scratch.  🙂

Katherine is in protective mode right now, so I think she's allowed to be a bit short with Delilah.  Delilah is not being super open with Eddie about how she intends to let him be a part of Charlie's life, and Eddie is just now figuring out how much being a father to Charlie actually means to him. So things are evolving, as life does, and Delilah is scared of the fallout, and I think really scared of her kids' judgement.  She's not been shown to have suffered much fallout from the affair from the friends' group at all really, and as a viewer, I'd like to see her acknowledge the consequences of her actions. This is a tv drama, not real life, but in the drama, she was prepared to rip her family to shreds and run away to god knows where with Eddie right before Jon killed himself, so I'm not feeling much sympathy for Delilah's predicament at the moment. 

As for Katherine maybe getting back at Delilah a little, well, maybe she is, and so what?  She's allowed to be a little angry with Delilah. She's been angry with Eddie, and she's forgiven him. He worked on doing amends, he went on that tour last year and moved out but didn't see other women, even though Gary tried to set him up. Delilah has not tried to make amends at all. Nor has she ever said thank you to Katherine.  So Katherine has decided to go all in on her marriage, and that means fighting battles for Eddie (and Charlie) and yeah, I guess Delilah better watch out. 

If Katherine was not a good person, she would just tell "the kids" the truth without waiting for Delilah's agreement.  She hasn't done that yet.  I get why it makes her angry that they are forcing her to lie to her own child.  

Eddie had no right to make a agreement with Delilah to It a secret and then turn around and tell Katherine the truth and expect her to go along with it. The only one who is thinking of her child is Katherine. Eddie and Delilah talk a good game but in reality Delilah doesn’t want to tell her kids about her shitty behavior and Eddie doesn’t want to lose his wife by lying to her, but he expects her to live a lie by keeping his and Delilahs secret and lying to her son. 

Edited by iwasish
Bolded part is my post. Quoted poster in error

I went to a funeral once (my former boss who was Jewish) and we all put a shovelful of dirt on the casket. I only knew him a few weeks and I was handed the shovel to do it. 
that video Rome discovered was way too convenient. Everything tied up in a nicely filmed 2 minute home video with extremely clear and concise audio and impressive film quality considering we are supposed to believe it’s from decades ago and on actual film. Way way too convenient. 

On 11/15/2019 at 7:29 AM, Enigma X said:

I think the show is taped too far in advance to consider a change at this point due to fan backlash

Yep totally agree. 

Finally catching up on this show. Was it ever explained why the hell Regina knew about Rome's mom dying before Rome or anyone in his family.  One scene Regina is talking to Delilah and the next scene she is busting into Rome's dad's house with the news. 

Why would Regina be her emergency contact number instead of her husband or sons? 

27 minutes ago, Karen885 said:

Finally catching up on this show. Was it ever explained why the hell Regina knew about Rome's mom dying before Rome or anyone in his family.  One scene Regina is talking to Delilah and the next scene she is busting into Rome's dad's house with the news. 

Why would Regina be her emergency contact number instead of her husband or sons? 

The salon called Regina directly to, I guess, let her know. Which is REALLY strange and, yeah, doesn't make much sense as to why the first call wasn't to Rome or his brother or his father. I guess it could be that the salon called Regina, she rushed down, and when Rome's mother was pronounced dead, she told the EMTs that she'd break the news to Rome and his family.