Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Mask Us Anything / S02.E06: Mask-ish

• Start Topic

I'm going off of memory from last night, so I can't remember everything I was thinking during the show.

I was thinking Fox is Seal.

Although, Leopard sounds more like Seal. I assume that RU song clue was a red herring and it is not Ru Paul. 

I don't remember who I was thinking of now, - she is tall and talked about being a brand ambassador. I was thinking Queen Latifah.  Queen Latifah used to be a spokesperson for Pizza Hut. 

I had no guesses on anyone else. Big mystery. Although I'm still pretty sure Thingamajig is a basketball player. He also made a comment about letting his "guard" down.  I'm pretty sure he was with the Orlando Magic.  I'm not sure what the Bulls comment meant, except maybe he lives in Chicago. 

the leopard is def Seal. He's a camera/photog buff. And I'm pretty sure thingamajig is Victor Oladipo (tho I have no idea who he is, I know literally nothing about sports)...he has a sis who's deaf, which explains the sign language thing.

• Love 6

I'll have to watch Flamingo's performance again.  It was good but I was a bit confused that the judges were acting like it was the best thing they've ever heard.  To me, it wasn't a performance like Gladys Knight's Wrecking Ball or T-Pain's Stay With Me.

I think the Flower may be one of the next ones to go.  I just don't think her voice is that strong anymore, sorry.

• Love 2

I'm sad to see Penguin and Black Widow go.  I would have booted Ladybug in the first hour (her performance reminded me of a better version of Unicorn from last season... her backing vocals were drowning her out) and Thingamajig in the second hour.

I am mystified by the adulation the judges have shown Thingamajig (I think he's adequate but not amazing) and Flamingo (she's ok but I'm not hearing the incredibleness).

• Love 3

I absolutely loved Patti LaBelle's version of "Cheap Thrills".  If people didn't know it was Patti before, the 524 in her clue video refers to her birthday.

Rottweiler was great too.  It's obvious that they are throwing in fake red herrings into each package, like "I want it that way".  Robin thinking it's Brian Littrell.  Nicole is right, Brian doesn't sound like that.  He also has a tendency to raise one knee and hold it there when he sings.  Not quite the on his knees like Nicole said.

Also still loving Michelle Williams as Butterfly, even if I wasn't a fan of this very slow, boring song.

• Love 1

Last night just cemented most of my opinions. At this point I just recognize most of their voices and the clues are just providing confirmation. 

The Flamingo focused on not liking her voice and in there are similar comments in every video I’ve watched of Adrienne Houghton singing. 

The Fox was bullied for his b-b-bark and Wayne Brady stuttered as a child. 

2 hours ago, blackwing said:

I'm sad to see Penguin and Black Widow go.  I would have booted Ladybug in the first hour (her performance reminded me of a better version of Unicorn from last season... her backing vocals were drowning her out) and Thingamajig in the second hour.

I am mystified by the adulation the judges have shown Thingamajig (I think he's adequate but not amazing) and Flamingo (she's ok but I'm not hearing the incredibleness).

I wonder if Raven’s broken arm is the real reason she was eliminated this week. 

Edited by Guest

While I can understand people thinking that Jamie Foxx is the Fox, and it would be a cute play on words, I'm sticking with Wayne Brady as being the Fox.  The voice sounds like him, the movements are him, and the clue about how he talked(with the b-b-b-bark visual in the package) I think refers to Wayne having had a horrible stutter as a child.

• Love 6

IMO, Thingamajig was the weakest singer of this episode, but I also don't think the song choice did him any favors.

Never Enough is my least favorite song from The Greatest Showman. I love that movie, but I would be happy if I never heard that song again(I ff through it when I watch it now).

Again, I understand why people might think that Leopard is Seal(and again, cute play on words with leopard seal), but I don't think that Seal would pretend to be female and be costumed that way, so I agree with the Billy Porter guess.

I knew that Black Widow was Raven-Symone.

• Love 2

One of my favourite moments from last season was guest judge Keenan looking at the other 3 judges in disbelief saying “who in their right mind does not know that is Gladys Knight?” I keep hoping for a repeat of that with Flower, sadly the guest judge wasn’t on her half of the episode.

• Love 3

I'm shocked none of the judges has guessed Wayne Brady yet. Even my husband, who's really bad at guessing, said immediately when he first started singing in his first episode it's 'that one guy from Who's Line...'. He's also bad at names 😂 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I'm also tiring of Thingamajig. I found this performance aggressively mediocre, and I think it's his costume that continues to save him. I knew Monster, Monster was a friend of mine, and you, Thingamajig, are no, etc.

I continued to be baffled by some of the judges' fixations on the London clues for the Butterfly meaning that that she's British, yet the Leopard is in full-on Elizabethan drag, plus has a British accent, and they're like "that's obviously an American guy!"

There is a part of me that wonders when a majority of judges have guessed the person (like Raven Simone), if they will then be the ones to be unmasked. Flower is getting to be one of those people ("you know, it sounds exactly like The Person We All Know It Is, but golly, this week, I'm gonna go with Totally Out Of Left Field Guess!") That will get tiresome after a while, as it did with Gladys Knight.

This show bills itself as a "who-sungit" and there's no mystery if the judges ... know who the person is.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, marykat71702 said:

Again, I understand why people might think that Leopard is Seal(and again, cute play on words with leopard seal), but I don't think that Seal would pretend to be female and be costumed that way, so I agree with the Billy Porter guess.

But is that Billy Porter’s singing voice?  Sounds exactly like Seal to me.

Also, the leopard is talking with a British accent and the costume looks Elizabethan/British. 

I've jumped onto the "Tree is Ana Gastayer" train. Or however you spell her last name. Last night as we watched, The Flower was singing. Hubby said, "She has some pipes." I replied, "Because it's Patti Labelle." I will still root for my Pacer- Victor- er Thingamajig, because I'm an Indiana girl, as we root for the Pacers. 

I liked Raven Simone's singing, but she NEEDED to get booted if she was refusing to get her arm fixed in order to compete. Girl- your arm is more important than this competition.

I think there are several very strong singers left and it's going to be interesting to see who the last characters standing will be.

• Love 3

I was definitely on the Rottweiler is Chris Daughtry train but then this week threw me off.  So, I’m completely confused there...

I’m over the Thingamajig and the love affair with his voice.  Nicole can GTFO with this whole eyes tearing up crap because it’s just not that emotion-inducing.  Especially this week with “Ain’t too Proud to Beg” which definitely was not in his wheelhouse at all when it came to range.  

I actually loved The Leopard’s aka Seal’s choice of song this week - his take on Teenage Dream actually made me like that song again.  

I love me some Patti LaBelle, but this was not her week and that was not the song for her 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sarahsmile416 said:

I love me some Patti LaBelle, but this was not her week and that was not the song for her 

I love Miss Patti too, I think she may have been trying to disguise her voice until the end of the song and that, to me, hurt her overall performance. Because she has such a distinctive voice, she may have been trying something different.  That said, if she leaves before Thingamajig I'll be furious.

• Love 2

I agree that the Fox is Wayne Brady.  I watched his clue packages again.  He mentions that he has worked with both Doogie and Doubtfire.  Wayne has worked with both actors.  Although, I didn't see any obvious references to 'Lets Make a Deal' or 'Whose Line is it Anyway', they are probably in there somewhere. 

20 hours ago, LizDC said:

But is that Billy Porter’s singing voice?  Sounds exactly like Seal to me.

Also, the leopard is talking with a British accent and the costume looks Elizabethan/British. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if he got or picked Leopard because of the “spots” on his face from lupus.   

Besides, you need to have some sense of humour to do this. 

• Love 3
On 11/8/2019 at 6:04 PM, Commando Cody said:

I agree that the Fox is Wayne Brady.  I watched his clue packages again.  He mentions that he has worked with both Doogie and Doubtfire.  Wayne has worked with both actors.  Although, I didn't see any obvious references to 'Lets Make a Deal' or 'Whose Line is it Anyway', they are probably in there somewhere. 

In his very first clue package there's a "blink or you'll miss it" clip of a man dressed in slacks and a dress shirt, with a fox head, standing in front of a few stools exactly like the Whose Line stools. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, GenerationX said:

So, the boot sequence is the non-singers first then the singers, and each group is booted in reverse order of their popularity with the target audience.

I find the elimination process very suspect but I don’t think the formula is that simply. If it was T-Pain would have never won last season and Raven should have been eliminated later. 

Edited by Guest
11 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Ok, I still think leopard is RuPaul faking a British accent. RuPaul Dragrace UK is currently playing.  

There was the RU Gonna Go My Way clue in the package, but I'm wondering if it's red herring. I also believed it was RuPaul.  Billy Porter also has something to promote.  

Seal doesn't seem like someone who would do a show like this.  

• Love 2

I think The Leopard is too tall to be Billy Porter. I hope it is not Seal (because his voice is not what it used to be if it is), but all the clues are pointing to him. RuPaul is tall enough, but opposite of Seal, The Leopard’s voice is too good for RuPaul.

Leopard as Seal is a "I'll believe it when I see it..." because I think his tone is TOO distinctive for it to actually be him. 

And Ken gussing Miranda Lambert or Pink??? C'mon... now we know you're not taking it seriously and must obviously know who it is and don't want to make a correct guess to try and make it interesting. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Enigma X said:

@Dmarie019, I hope you are right.

I mean I think it's a huge "get" for them but maybe not? Joey was huge but Joey seems to have the personality perfect for the show and he wasn't really front and center in N'Sync.  But why would you have someone with such an obvious voice be on a show where you had to guess who it was? That just wouldn't make sense to me. 

24 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

I mean I think it's a huge "get" for them but maybe not? Joey was huge but Joey seems to have the personality perfect for the show and he wasn't really front and center in N'Sync.  But why would you have someone with such an obvious voice be on a show where you had to guess who it was? That just wouldn't make sense to me. 

I just hope it is not him because his voice now sounds okay but not as good as it was to me. I have not seen last night's episode. 

I would say that Gladys and Patti have just as much, if not more, of a recognizable voice as Seal though.

Edited by Enigma X
On 11/21/2019 at 1:44 PM, Enigma X said:

I just hope it is not him because his voice now sounds okay but not as good as it was to me. I have not seen last night's episode. 

I would say that Gladys and Patti have just as much, if not more, of a recognizable voice as Seal though.

That's why nobody was fooled by Gladys and Patti.  The judges just pretended they were for awhile. 

I agree that if the Leopard is Seal, he doesn't sound as good as he used to be.

• Love 2