Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E13: Spilling Tea and Throwing Shade

• Start Topic

On 10/30/2019 at 7:34 AM, chenoa333 said:

WTF? I missed that!

But in my defense, I have "out of body" experiences while watching RHOC. I know for certain I'm sitting on the couch looking at the TV screen with the current RHOC episode on. But my mind, soul and spirit have left my body and gone somewhere else. 😊

You too?

• Love 3
On 10/30/2019 at 9:58 AM, albarino said:

I missed the point about OC.  I don't live there but didn't a poster say the school district was wealthy?  I also believe parents have a huge responsibility in educating their children.  Kelly, at least, has taken her child to serve in a soup kitchen.  

Sing it!  I hate it when parents blame their child's lack of progress on just the teacher.  Hello!  Nothing is preventing you from working with them! 

• Love 9
On 10/30/2019 at 4:23 PM, bravofan27 said:

Since Kelly and Brandi aren't sponsors it really doesn't matter what they say, IMO. Personally, I don't see Tamra going anywhere. It's like the folks that want to impeach Trump. It just isn't going to happen. 

The one place I thought was safe...

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

Gina is so nasty and horrible that she´s actually making me like Bronwyn. I would easily take 10 Brownwyns over 1 ugly and stupid Gina.

And she´s probably an incompetent mother, considering she sucks at everything else in life.

I really appreciated seeing the tres abuelas looking and acting like the fools they are.

Emily for the win yet again. She is so nice and normal.

• Love 10

What I can't stand is how Gina allowed her special needs child to be in any episode, but especially one in which they are describing her child's needs.  As a mother, she's horrible.

OK, I have to say this.  I'm tired of seeing breasts on this show.  The worst dresses are the ones that they wear during their in-episode commentaries, except for Kelly who always wants the boobies out.  Whenever I see those things, all I want to sing is "Who Let the Boobs Out?". That silver number that Kelly wears during the interviews looks like the tits are trussed up for some ceremony in ancient Greece.  Maybe a witch burning?   Brownwynd is also one who puts them out there.  All right ladies, we know you got 'em, we know they're fake, so it's time to tuck them away.  

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

What I can't stand is how Gina allowed her special needs child to be in any episode, but especially one in which they are describing her child's needs.  As a mother, she's horrible.

I said it the first time "Gina" mentioned it to her parents in her furniture-less rental - and then allows the camera to pan to a photo of said child so viewers know exactly who she is talking about - that is extremely EXPLOITIVE

Gina is an absolute asshole. She tells the therapist that she noticed her daughter had balance issues when she was ONE. She said she was standing still and would just fall over for no reason.

The daughter was 4 when this was filmed. Three years, she never took her kid to the doctor? It fells really gross - like she is using her child for a story line and sympathy.

As a parent, she should have brought her daughter to the pediatrician. It could have been nothing more than an ear infection causing balance issues. Her daughter missed out on 3 years of therapy because Gina is a lazy assshat

• Love 12
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The school that Brauwyn’s kids go to is easily googleable and it’s a public charter school with a focus on the arts and it is tuition free, so basically exactly what she said it was.

For me that brings up even more questions. Bronte said that she and her hubby are on the board, and also donate money to the school. I assume that it is her three oldest as I think the twins just started school (though don't know what grades this school accommodates). So is it is normal for a family to be able to send all of their kids to this tuition free charter school? Or more likely if you donate money as well, over a family that may not be able to donate money to the school? Interesting. 

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I assume that it is her three oldest

Correct.  And I think Bronte was emotional as she said they saved the life of ...Rowan.

The OCregister article says their family moved from Miami so the kids could attend this school.  As to qualifications to get in...I don;t know.  But it is for performing arts types and I figure there is limited demand for spaces....and of course you have to apply for certain programs (dance, art, whatever).  Can't just bumble your way in I suppose.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Correct.  And I think Bronte was emotional as she said they saved the life of ...Rowan.

The OCregister article says their family moved from Miami so the kids could attend this school.  As to qualifications to get in...I don;t know.  But it is for performing arts types and I figure there is limited demand for spaces....and of course you have to apply for certain programs (dance, art, whatever).  Can't just bumble your way in I suppose.

So....basically a private school? Lol I don’t have children, so I don’t understand these things, but living on the east coast in a pretty wealthy NY suburb, I kind of get the uproar about charter schools. I suppose there are a few kids from the not so wealthy neighborhoods who get in, but it seems like it’s just another way for these rich parents to brag about their offspring. At least those are the people I know posting about the charter schools on my Facebook! Not one of them are struggling. Seems like another way they’d get away with not paying for a private school, all the awhile paying for public school! 

• Love 2

Okay...the schools topic.

My background is in education, as a teacher in public schools and involvement in expanding educational choices of schools in my home state.

Keep in mind, every state has different rules.  One state might not allow charter schools, some states have different rules for charters and some charters are funded differently...and that can also vary in the same state.

For the most part, charters are a spin off from the demand for better options to local public schools which were not meeting the needs of the community they serve.  When vouchers were authorized in some states, charters became popular with those who did not have a nearby Catholic school or didn’t have enough money to bridge the gap at a private school.  

I think the confusion is that it depends on your state, your communities and the various options.  I lived in a state, where I went to public school, that has fantastic public schools, magnet schools, Catholic schools and some top notch private/prep schools.  I’ve lived in several states (all East coast) and we raised our kids in my hometown after moving back for that very reason.  A safe community with a fantastic public school.  

The problem?  After decades of spending more money per pupil than other countries, too many of our public schools are failing our kids.  Charter schools, vouchers, hybrid schools have cropped up by parent demand.  Not everyone can afford private schools. (the ones near my family were on par with college price tags) Not everyone can afford Catholic schools or the charter schools where you pay a portion of the tuition (sliding scale, scholarships, hybrid) or lets not forget the cost or ability to transport children to those schools.

I am not familiar with CA schools, but it sounds like a charter where a percentage of parents are on the board and most likely they are hybrid, where the tuition is partially publicly funded and fundraising is utilized to raise the gap.

There are also franchise type charter schools.  The reputation varies, some have great reputations and others disappear when the demand is not there.  An example would be KIPP public charter schools.  I am not familiar with them, they seem to be located in various states, but not all states.  

The last state I lived in, for 8 years, (my kids were not involved, they were all in college at the time) there were several charter schools and they were extremely popular with parents.  Most had a lottery system to gain acceptance.  I’m not sure exactly how that worked, but in that state, if one child gets in, the younger siblings are guaranteed a spot in the future if they decide to go that route, so a family could keep their children in the same environment. 

My home state was one of the hold outs against charter schools and I was a parent/teacher that advocated for them at the state level.  My children were fine where they were, but I was for choice for where you spend your education dollars.  That state sanctioned charters about 10 years ago.

Keep in mind, that only a portion of what your district pays per pupil is diverted to vouchers or charter schools.  (If any of that money) Vouchers are especially popular in low income areas.  In my opinion, blaming Betsy DeVos for the current state of education is not reasonable, she has been there 3 years.  Most high risk districts have been failing for decades.  Whether you agree/disagree with her ideas (I am not sure myself) she was very involved in education for years and has raised high amounts of money for schools.  She was a parent activist, trying to improve schools.  I’m not sure what the answers are, but when parents are given a choice and have some say in the matter that’s a great thing.  Some school districts in urban areas struggle getting parents to conferences and involved in their children’s welfare beyond the home.

After college, I worked with students in public schools, for two school calendar years, before I was a full time teacher, tutoring them during the day and acting somewhat as a social worker as well.  This was in NY upstate.  It was a pull out style augmentation of helping kids that are falling through the cracks.  None of their parents were even interested in speaking with me or showed up to classroom conferences.  Parents need to be involved, you can’t expect the “state” to do everything.  

Gina’s daughter will have an IEP likely when she begins public school, if she is still showing a need at that point.  BW was trying to make that point but her approach was not very good.  She was trying to be helpful and she was right but sounded kind of bitchy towards Gina.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Useful 4
  • Love 10
On 10/31/2019 at 8:16 AM, ChitChat said:

Except for Emily, who kept calm in the midst of the storm patiently waiting for her piece of cake!  I think that Gina's so stressed out that it's not going to take much to set her off.  I hope that she can work through her problems and get to a better place emotionally.  I'm sure it's tough since her family is on the East coast.  She needs people she can trust, not these ladies on a reality show.  Well, except for Emily.  I do think they are genuine friends. 

Maybe Gina and husband will go back to Long Island, being he lost the job, and probably girlfriend.  I hope.

• Love 2

I hate the baby machine, I would detest going to lunch with her and her food issues, but I hate Gina more. She actually said, out loud  "It's not always about you Braunwin". She forgot to add " It's about ME"  I hate Vickie,but I hate Tamra more and, oops, she slipped and "accidentally" told Vickie what lunatic Kelly said about  her. Please, girl, no one buys it. I hate Kelly, but hate her pretentious fake boyfriend more. Emily and Shannon are still boring, but I don't hate them, I just don't care about them, Not sure why I still bother to fast forward through this train wreck, maybe because I live in OC and this was my first HW show? Maybe because, after years of watching HW's once I quit this I have only  NY left? Whatever, it truly sucks. Worst season ever.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, chlban said:

I hate the baby machine, I would detest going to lunch with her and her food issues, but I hate Gina more. She actually said, out loud  "It's not always about you Braunwin". She forgot to add " It's about ME"  I hate Vickie,but I hate Tamra more and, oops, she slipped and "accidentally" told Vickie what lunatic Kelly said about  her. Please, girl, no one buys it. I hate Kelly, but hate her pretentious fake boyfriend more. Emily and Shannon are still boring, but I don't hate them, I just don't care about them, Not sure why I still bother to fast forward through this train wreck, maybe because I live in OC and this was my first HW show? Maybe because, after years of watching HW's once I quit this I have only  NY left? Whatever, it truly sucks. Worst season ever.

I hate them all, except Emily.  Now, they’re bringing in all the kiddies, plus Ryan, who’s like a kid.  And, every time I look at Brownstone and her creepy husband, I see a threesome, and I hate that too.  N.y. is my only hope now and if they get crazy like this group, I will be out too.  I want to see pleasant things, not three ways or a tribe of kids going to the dentist.

• Love 5

I don’t believe that Braunwynn relocated cross-country so just one of her brood could go to a charter school. Make it make sense, it doesn’t. Make a “charter you donate to, where you and your husband sit on the board immediately after a move,” make sense, it really doesn’t. Make Mr. Braunwynn’s income to support that family make sense based on his Classic OC Househusband’s business site. It doesn’t. There is poor formatting on the first page; it reeks of Micah Tanous’s professionalism; you’re not housing, feeding, and vacationing as a family of 9 in a high COL area based on this bullshit. It makes no sense.

https://www.channelstars.com/

Look at the picture of the Halloween costumes posted by KFB. It’s all really off, and I am not one for fancy, expensive costumes at all, especially as they have a whole gang of kids. But it all seems junky, a little desperate, fake. Think of the house scenes. Their house isn’t as spare and loveless and hopeless as Gina’s but it feels really off. Something’s wrong there.

There’s a level of fake this season which is depressingly OC with everyone but Emily and Kelly... and they present in a fake way, too.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 11/3/2019 at 6:50 AM, Midnight Cheese said:

I don’t believe that Braunwynn relocated cross-country so just one of her brood could go to a charter school. Make it make sense, it doesn’t. Make a “charter you donate to, where you and your husband sit on the board immediately after a move,” make sense, it really doesn’t. Make Mr. Braunwynn’s income to support that family make sense based on his Classic OC Househusband’s business site. It doesn’t. There is poor formatting on the first page; it reeks of Micah Tanous’s professionalism; you’re not housing, feeding, and vacationing as a family of 9 in a high COL area based on this bullshit. It makes no sense.

Look at the picture of the Halloween costumes posted by KFB. It’s all really off, and I am not one for fancy, expensive costumes at all, especially as they have a whole gang of kids. But it all seems junky, a little desperate, fake. Think of the house scenes. Their house isn’t as spare and loveless and hopeless as Gina’s but it feels really off. Something’s wrong there.

There’s a level of fake this season which is depressingly OC with everyone but Emily and Kelly... and they present in a fake way, too.

I agree that Bronte and her whole kit and kaboodle are as fake as fake can be. Dr Deb, who is the weirdest of all, is actually likely the most genuine of the bunch. I think she is as flaky as she presents. Bronte and creepy hubby are posers who are dragging their children along for the ride. Poor kids. 

Emily and Kelly as as fake as the rest. I am sure that Emily cooked up the whole "dancing in LV for my hubby" storyline with her friend who's husband owns the hotel. I am pretty sure that most of us here know that Shane would not be interested in watching his wife dance in a LV show in front of an audience. I don't for a minute think that Emily thought he would either, but she needed a storyline.

Kelly's relationship with Dr Brian was also fake. She was using him as much as he was using her for exposure for his business. Calling him numerous times a day at his practice is just pathetic, and shows what a narcissistic, needy person Kelly is. But Brian deserved her, since he didn't appear to want anything more than free advertising. 

The person I am most disappointed in is Shannon. Her daughters must be embarrassed by how she has often lowered herself to Tamra's level of behaviour, all to prove that she is happy happy happy.

They are all fake, and seem to have a degree of desperation to stay relevant (or what they consider to be relevant).  Circling the drain maybe does that to a person? 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I’ll bet Brownstone is saying those hideous costumes are their way of expressing themselves.  Pfitt.  I hate to say it but those kids will grow up wacko as their parents and Grandmother.  I feel bad for them.  Those grownups are just weird imo.We have to remember tho, they are the Best of families, so Brownstone says.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/30/2019 at 6:23 AM, chenoa333 said:

The "tea party" was held at a very beautiful, quaint restaurant in the historical district of San Juan Capistrano.

SJC is also the home of Lauri Peterson and her Wallet. Bravo missed a perfect opportunity to make this episode one of the best ever by asking Lauri to join the tea party. Lol.

hilarious throw back to TWoP.  🙂

• Love 4
23 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

They are all fake, and seem to have a degree of desperation to stay relevant (or what they consider to be relevant).  Circling the drain maybe does that to a person? 

This is so true, but I have to wonder - does the nature of reality TV eventually bring all participants to this place? This isn't Survivor, but they're all essentially competing with each other. To bring the most drama. To stay relevant. To keep their place. Being "boring" is the kiss of death on these shows. I'm not saying you can't do it without being completely fake, but I can also see why these women feel the need to concoct false storylines. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

hilarious throw back to TWoP.  🙂

Unfortunately for me, I missed the TWOP train. I think it had just been shut down when I found the last remnants of it.😪 

But here we are, back together again! All of my reality show snarking peeps! Swimming in the snark tank.

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Unfortunately for me, I missed the TWOP train. I think it had just been shut down when I found the last remnants of it.😪 

But here we are, back together again! All of my reality show snarking peeps! Swimming in the snark tank.

Since this is the housewives, there very well may be some skinny-dipping in the snark tank ...

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

Since this is the housewives, there very well may be some skinny-dipping in the snark tank ...

1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

And hammerhead sharks! Maybe some sperm whales just to keep Kelly happy!

29 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

At the very least, flashing your boobs while in the tanks...

To go with the theme of the season, should it be the Snark Train?

And to use Emily's tweet from last season, that should be "fake" losing your top so that you can display your store bought rocks

• Love 3
On 11/3/2019 at 9:50 AM, Midnight Cheese said:

Spot on...you are on to something.  

Now we find out BW has recently admitted she had an affair a few years ago, her husband changed careers because he used to work too much. So, now they occasionally bring in a side chick for special occasions.  Is this because she had an affair and all’s fair in love and war?  Now they are even?

They are fake, the move is fake and the mother is crazy fake.  BW dresses like Carlton sometimes.  They seem so odd.  I can’t imagine they would fit in with most families in the more conservative part of CA.

Where’s Ace detective Meghan King Edmonds when you need her?!!

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 7

I loved Shannon when she first came on. She was sweet, quiet, and a lady.  Then, they all rubbed off on her and she became loud, raunchy and  classless.  When, not if, Tamra and Eddie and Brownstone and Creepy have a foursome, that will be the end of this sideshow.  They all have become trash.

• Love 5

I apologize if this was brought up on earlier pages and I didn't notice*......

Was that Dr. Will from Big Brother who removed Ryan's tattoo?  I came in on tonight's repeat at the tail end and now I'm wondering!

*I would go back and skim.  But I came in to get gloves to throw Doso's ball.  He's already annoyed that I'm taking this long!

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I apologize if this was brought up on earlier pages and I didn't notice*......

Was that Dr. Will from Big Brother who removed Ryan's tattoo?  I came in on tonight's repeat at the tail end and now I'm wondering!

*I would go back and skim.  But I came in to get gloves to throw Doso's ball.  He's already annoyed that I'm taking this long!

Yes indeed. Dr. Will 😉 

• Love 2

You can fire all these vapid women because they can all be hired to the traveling cast of Mean Girls----we saw the Broadway show this past weekend and I sat there amazed at how much each character reminded me of these Housewives. Just about everything that comes out of their mouths is reminiscent of high school girls who are so clique-ish they will eviscerate any other of their group who isn't there at the time.  I can't believe all the she-said, she-said crap that goes on during every episode.  

Shannon is misguided in her defense of Tamra.  No one should be in her corner because she's the ultimate mean girl.  and Bravo keeps her on because she's the head shit stirrer and these shows all need one of those.  

• Love 3

I really dislike Brawny, so this is making me very uncomfortable right now but... I kind of don't feel like any of her supposed "sins" this episode were very annoying?  Um, she turned down wine and asked the waiter if there were any milk alternatives?  I thought she was polite about both things.  And, whether or not her kids' charter school actually "counts" as a public school, I do feel like she was trying to forge a connection with Gina -- i.e. hey, some of my kids have had their struggles, and public school was great for them. 

Personally, my kid goes to a public school, and I'm just amazed by all the resources they have and that they're required to have, by law.  I'm often extolling its virtues. 

Yes, the drinking-out-of-a-bottle comment was a little...Dorit...but I thought Gina came off looking worse in this situation.  By far.    

Ugh, now I feel all icky. 

• Love 4

Here's what Channelstars says they do: "We assist companies in strategic planning, marketing, virtual and physical blended environments, content and video development. "

Keep in mind, it's Sean, plus a Social Media Director and an Office Manager. That's 2 people in the "business". And the link called "Shop" on their website takes you to a page of printers. PRINTERS. He's selling printers. WTF Sean?

• LOL 2