Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Weekend at Brandy's II

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Even if this is correct, Kevin is responsible for his own reactions to the situations at hand. He is responsible for not giving Captain Lee something else when he had no entree (even if it took a few extra minutes), he is responsible for turning his back and walking out on Captain Lee and he is responsible for calling him a CU Next Tuesday. The Great and All Powerful Kate did not make him do these things and they are all independent of Kate telling him what went on in the galley. The sole reason Kevin is losing favor with Lee, is Kevin. 

The reason that the Captain is starting with a grudge is Kate tattling and stirring the shit the way she always does on this show. She is the Tamra Judge of this show. 

Kevin was wrong to not have extra food on hand if that was true and not producer manipulation in the same way the cold food was on Med. 

Kevin was also wrong to call the Captain the C word. Accurate but wrong.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Captain Lee’s management style of pithy sayings and gruff disengagement just doesn’t cover it.

he says he's "responsible for every swinging dick on this boat." Especially when he's talking about a female, who has no dick at all, this just seems rude and crude.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Some of it does rub me wrong. Captain Lee’s management style of pithy sayings and gruff disengagement just doesn’t cover it.

sorry duplicate because the site was temporarily messed up

Edited by dleighg
1 minute ago, dleighg said:

He said he's "responsible for every swinging dick on this boat." When he's talking about a female passenger, who has no dick at all, to me this is just rude and crude.

I also cringe every time he calls the grown women who work under him “girls,” and will not forget last season when he called his male crew members “ladies” as an insult. 

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Again, is anything that Kate said Kevin did a distortion of what Kevin actually did? Kevin was a total douche to the stews, was he not? So Kate, who knows how temperamental chefs can be (as does every viewer of this iteration as well as BDM) should NOT have shared that information? And if she had not, Lee would still be OK with Kevin? That's basically what you are saying. Kevin calling Kate for service during a boat tour was Kevin's fault. Kevin's treatment of Simone was Kevin's fault. Kevin not having a main dish for Lee was Kevin's fault. Kevin's treatment of Lee was Kevin's fault. Were he not a complete asshole since day 1, there would be no issues. So again, Kevin's biggest problem is Kevin.  

What Kate said was a distortion because Simone was flustered and could not handle service. Kevin was right about that. That’s why Kate is hiding her in the laundry. Kevin apologized to Simone and the problem was put to bed. Kate tattling to Captain Crunch only served to poison the well.

You might be right. Perhaps Kevin’s biggest problem is Kevin.

This shows biggest problem is Kate and her shit stirring and mean girl reindeer games.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

At this point, I'm fully expecting Abbi's hair to get caught in the some kind of mechanism and we will be treated to her head being torn off her body like we are watching some kind of bad horror film.  Seriously Abbi.  It's just basic safety, and it is not hard. 

I also laughed out loud when Brandi said she had been drinking champagne for two weeks. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

You mean for the breakfast Kevin made 2 hours prior to when the guests had requested it and thus Simone could not handle service because the shift/rest schedule was based on when the service was requested? Simone would have had help had breakfast been at the appointed time and there would have been no issue. 

Also, all she said to the Captain was that a Kevin got into it with Simone over service which is exactly what happened and Kevin himself acknowledged that he overreacted.

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

Every time Abbie says motor boat... I chuckle... But seriously... Does she mean mega yacht???

No she means a motor yacht vs a sailing yacht which is what she is used to working on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Also, all she said to the Captain was that a Kevin got into it with Simone over service which is exactly what happened and Kevin himself acknowledged that he overreacted.

Kevin has settled it with Simone and Kate had no business bringing it to the Captain. I remember in previous seasons he said he expected the department heads should handle these petty disputes. He fired Chandler for just that reason. Kate only brought this minor petty already resolved dispute to the Captain to cause trouble.

She succeeded.

Just now, biakbiak said:

He fired Chandler because he wasn’t managing his department, Kevin is not in Kate’s department.

Exactly. So she should shut her yap and concentrate on teaching Simone how to serve the guests or is she planning to hide her away in the laundry for some unexplained reason.

There is something fishy about her treatment of Simone that I can’t put my finger on. I have my suspicions but let’s wait and see. The preview  that shows Simone calling out Kate and leads me to suspect that when it is all said and done we will find out the story is in time.

19 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

So it seriously bugs the crap out of me that Abbi has to be repeatedly told to pull her hair back. It's absolutely ridiculous for a number of reasons. Captain has mentioned it to her MORE than twice already so basically she's just blowing him off. That alone makes me not really like her. Like who the fuck are you to be all "yeah, okay, got it" then mosey off and not do what you were told to do by the Captain... That's just straight unprofessional and bratty. 

What I'm really not getting is WHY is she so bothered by the request??? There is absolutely NO logical reason why pulling her hair back is an inconvenience. It actually seems like it would be for her own benefit if she were to pull it back. One, it's freaking hot and humid as a mother fucker out there. What on earth could possibly be a GOOD reason for her hair to be left out? Besides it being crazy hot, its flying everywhere, most likely getting in her way as she's trying to bend and deal with lines, getting in her eyes and such. Then there's the professional point of it being a potential safety hazard because of the risk of it getting caught in equipment and causing her injury. All this and she seems pissed that she has to put it up. Huh??? Why??? 

You know what I think, and I'm so sorry but this is gonna come across as completely bitchy but what else is there? I'm starting to think that she is one of those types of chicks that will hit the gym, with full make up, hair out (cause lets face it her fire red, curly long hair is most likely a hugh hit with most men) all ready for the stares and attention her hair brings her. I've know chicks like this. Long, curly hair... which most men go gaga for and even at the beach, hairs out, in the way, sun beaming, feels like you've got a wool knit cap on ya head but ohhhhh nooo can't put the hair up, gotta have the hair out and wild and sexy yada yada yada. This chick is pretty much melting out there on the deck but balks at the idea of having to pull her hair back?  For what possible reason is getting your hair out of your face and out of the way in such heat and high humidity a burden???? Ummm okay, I see you.

It bugs the beejeezus out of me too. And it's not like it looks "sexy" while it's down - all impacted by the humidity, it looks like a wet mop on her head. And incredibly uncomfortable. Most importantly, a safety hazard. If she were a stew it would be a health hazard. And her balony about having "one elastic". Come. on. I'll be surprised if she lasts the entire season. Maybe she'll have a "come to Jesus" moment and straighten up, but I'm not expecting it.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, ohcomeon said:

I'm not a huge fan of Captain Lee's management style either. It's a good thing he is a boat captain because he'd never be able to work in an environment where he has to cooperate with others or work to get consensus with a group of other executives. He only understands old fashioned military style pecking order. 

Well, he is a boat captain so I'm not sure I understand your point.  Like aircraft commanders, he is in charge.  Period.  That is the nature of his profession.  I believe it is a stretch to say he couldn't work well with others in a different setting--military people do it all the time.  Check out the Pentagon.  

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

It bugs the beejeezus out of me too. And it's not like it looks "sexy" while it's down - all impacted by the humidity, it looks like a wet mop on her head. And incredibly uncomfortable. Most importantly, a safety hazard. If she were a stew it would be a health hazard. And her balony about having "one elastic". Come. on. I'll be surprised if she lasts the entire season. Maybe she'll have a "come to Jesus" moment and straighten up, but I'm not expecting it.

No it doesn't! It's looking very ratty so that bugs me even more. Like gurl bye! Your shit is looking busted stop resisting and pull that shit back. The way she had it tied back seems like a perfect compromise from the first attempt she made when she had it piled on her head stupidly. It looked real nice like that too. Wasn't pulled back tight and pleasantly showed the volume of her hair. Hell I'd be mad that it's still down my neck but considering how she wants to show off her "big hair" I would think that look would be an okay work around for her.  Satisfies the Captains request but it's still down for the most part, just not out and unruly.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

No Kevin was overstepping into her department which is exactly what she told the captain. She can’t control Kevin but the Captain can.

Were the Chefs on Med overstepping when they complained that the food was arriving cold to the table because of Hannah’s poor management? Does the Chefs voice end once he plates the food  or will he be blamed for not having the food hot and ready to eat? 

This was a little bump when they were starting out and Kevin realized he was wrong and went and apologized. I don’t recall Kate ever apologizing for anything. Going to the Captain about such a minor dust up was troublemaking and shit stirring plain and simple.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

don't recall Kate being present for Kevin's apology. So if she doesn't know he apologized she assumes the situation hasn't been fixed and it is her

And his apology to was Kate was completely insincere. And yes Kate was not present when he apologized. Her issue wasn’t just with this one specific incident it was how he has dealt with all of them and their part of service.

• Love 19

I think Kevin did plenty of things wrong. He did apologize to Simone and she’d accepted it. She did not seem to think it was insincere. But maybe she should just shut up and do the laundry. That’s what Kate would tell her to do.

I also think Kate does a lot of things wrong and is repeating her old patterns of shit stirring and faction building. She is obviously the producer cats paw like Tamra Barney and she has manny fans because of it who think she can do no wrong.

I have no problem with Kevin being replaced. However it would be best for the show if Kate is replaced. Bring in Amy or Josiah as Chief Stew. Just as they should replace Hannah on Med. Their act is really getting repetitive and stale.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BodhiGurl said:

Not defending, but conjecturing as a curly head myself.  She might not want to put her hair up because it will pull the curl out, and she clearly likes the way it looks.  When she does pull it back, it's loosely, in the "pineapple," top-of-the-head method that curlyheads use to keep their curls from being crushed overnight while they sleep. 

When my hair was long, if I pulled it back into a pony, and then later let it out, everything that was pulled back would end up straightened, with a giant dent where the elastic was, and the ponytail part curly.

Maybe it's kind of like not wanting to wear a hat because of not wanting hat hair? It's still kind of ridiculous since her job is basically manual labor.  You'd think she'd've figured out how to manage her hair by now.

Also, not sure if this is a curly thing, but when I pull my hair back tight, I always get a splitting headache. 

That's why my hair is short.  🙂

And for those who say she doesn't comb her hair:  you never comb or brush curly hair unless it's wet, and probably shouldn't even then.

Curly Hair PSA over and out. 

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
20 minutes ago, Special K said:

Not defending, but conjecturing as a curly head myself.  She might not want to put her hair up because it will pull the curl out, and she clearly likes the way it looks.  When she does pull it back, it's loosely, in the "pineapple," top-of-the-head method that curlyheads use to keep their curls from being crushed overnight while they sleep. 

When my hair was long, if I pulled it back into a pony, and then later let it out, everything that was pulled back would end up straightened, with a giant dent where the elastic was, and the ponytail part curly.

Maybe it's kind of like not wanting to wear a hat because of not wanting hat hair? It's still kind of ridiculous since her job is basically manual labor.  You'd think she'd've figured out how to manage her hair by now.

Also, not sure if this is a curly thing, but when I pull my hair back tight, I always get a splitting headache. 

That's why my hair is short.  🙂

And for those who say she doesn't comb her hair:  you never comb or brush curly hair unless it's wet, and probably shouldn't even then.

Curly Hair PSA over and out. 

But she's at work and it's only temporary. It's not like she's going to loose her curls after one season only lasting a few weeks.  Also, that loose pull back looked like a perfect solution. It's not a hard problem to suss out and ahem, your Captain told you to figure something out. It just seemed like the resistance was more bratty than anything else. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

But she's at work and it's only temporary. It's not like she's going to loose her curls after one season only lasting a few weeks.  Also, that loose pull back looked like a perfect solution. It's not a hard problem to suss out and ahem, your Captain told you to figure something out. It just seemed like the resistance was more bratty than anything else. 

Agreed!  I didn't mean she'd lose her curls permanently, just until the next shampoo.  🙂

• Love 2
3 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Even if this is correct, Kevin is responsible for his own reactions to the situations at hand. He is responsible for not giving Captain Lee something else when he had no entree (even if it took a few extra minutes), he is responsible for turning his back and walking out on Captain Lee and he is responsible for calling him a CU Next Tuesday. The Great and All Powerful Kate did not make him do these things and they are all independent of Kate telling him what went on in the galley. The sole reason Kevin is losing favor with Lee, is Kevin. 

Amen! I fully realize that reality TV isn't 100% real. I go into it with that in mind, but it would take all my enjoyment out of it if I tried to pick which scene was "manipulated" and which one wasn't. If snubbing the captain was intentional, then no one should be mad. Then maybe Lee not looking at Kevin was instructed by the producers. Maybe Kate "tattling" was too. You can end up down SUCH a rabbit hole with that stuff, so I prefer to just take what I'm given as is. 

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Amen! I fully realize that reality TV isn't 100% real. I go into it with that in mind, but it would take all my enjoyment out of it if I tried to pick which scene was "manipulated" and which one wasn't. If snubbing the captain was intentional, then no one should be mad. Then maybe Lee not looking at Kevin was instructed by the producers. Maybe Kate "tattling" was too. You can end up down SUCH a rabbit hole with that stuff, so I prefer to just take what I'm given as is. 

I agree with this in a way. I go with what I see even though I take it with a big grain of salt.

I did see Kevin apologize almost immediately after he messed up without anyone telling or forcing him to do it. I also saw him voluntarily helping out the deck crew so they could finish faster which I only ever saw Matt do before. I also saw him get plastered and not get abusive or sexually harass the women on the crew. All in all he seems to be a pretty good shipmate.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I could see that unruly mop on Abby's head getting caught in something like Ashton did and be thrown overboard.

Also, in the real world, if the boss says you put your hair up and you refuse. You get sent home.  At least she doesn't work wear she has to wear a hairnet.

• Love 8

They make it seem like Kate has waged all out war against Kevin, especially with her dismissive comments about him in the talking heads.

But then she let him put his head on her lap on the car returning from the club and then the next day, she encouraged him to go running to clear his mind about his problems with the Captain.

So the editing is slipping up no matter how much they want to concoct conflict.

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, scrb said:

So the editing is slipping up no matter how much they want to concoct conflict.

Or Kate is capable of being nice to someone she might have issues with but has to work with the two aren’t mutually exclusive. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 16
7 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Kevin has settled it with Simone and Kate had no business bringing it to the Captain. I remember in previous seasons he said he expected the department heads should handle these petty disputes. He fired Chandler for just that reason. Kate only brought this minor petty already resolved dispute to the Captain to cause trouble.

She succeeded.

While I dislike Kate, she did the right thing by bringing it to Captain Lee’s attention. In that case should Kevin be disrespectful to a stew again, Captain Lee knows it’s becoming a pattern.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I don’t know much about this but is part of her hair a weave and she can’t get it tangled by putting it up because if the weave comes off she will look like Sinead O’Conner?

If that’s a weave she needs a full refund from the store and the person who installed it.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, StardustMemories said:

She certainly has her faults but Kevin was an idiot on this episode.  First he turns his back on the captain when he's still talking (I know you think Captain Lee shouldn't have been informed by Kate, but regardless, you don't turn your back on your superior), then he doesn't order enough seafood for either night (the "extravaganza" the previous night was so lackluster, but luckily the guests were too drunk to care).

I have to agree.  Kevin looked awful this episode, and it appeared to be all his own doing.  It amazed me he didn't offer the captain an alternate entree when he accidentally screwed up the count.  That just seems like basic courtesy.   

• Love 22
14 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Matt again but for dramas sake I'm thinking Adam would be more to the producers liking as a replacement.  I doubt it would be Ben though. They know we've just come off a season watching him, love him or hate him I doubt the producers would think over saturating their Bravo audience with Ben would be wise. 

I agree about Ben.  He didn't come off well in either the recent season of BDM or his last season of original BD.  I used to like him a lot and looked forward to his "rescues" but I could do with a few seasons without him - maybe he could come back for a Below Deck All-Stars season :).

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

I have to agree.  Kevin looked awful this episode, and it appeared to be all his own doing.  It amazed me he didn't offer the captain an alternate entree when he accidentally screwed up the count.  That just seems like basic courtesy.   

Also, he had already plated the dish and was scarfing down the fish quickly so he could help deliver the plates so I doubt it actually had anything to do with tasting it for seasoning just that he was hungry.

• Love 7

I'm new to this show, and I don't quite understand the relationship between Kate and Captain Lee. Is she secretly his daughter? He does seem to side with her about everything.

Kevin made some mistakes and started out with an attitude, no doubt about that, but that was some primo passive aggressive crap at the tip meeting from "leader" Captain Lee.  He's kind of a mean girl, too. Maybe that explains his bond with Kate.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Jel said:

new to this show, and I don't quite understand the relationship between Kate and Captain Lee. Is she secretly his daughter? He does seem to side with her about everything.

There is no deal they have just known each other for years, predating the show, and are friends who live near each other who socialize when not filming.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Captain Lee’s Bravo blog is out and he said Kevin made a big mistake not following Kate’s direction. Basically Kate is his boss and gets to tell him how and when to serve his food. In Captain Lee’s view she runs both the interior and the galley.

To quote another deluded egomaniac Kelly Bensimon  “You’re a cook not a chef.”

• Love 3

Abbie’s long, loose curls are unprofessional, and a definite safety hazard. When I was deep sea fishing as a kid, my long hair got caught in the fishing reel..... kept the fish, lost a big chunk of hair. Abbie is only seeking fame and fortune and a rich sugar daddy- not a career in yachting. 

If production actually manipulated the Chef’s errors then I hope he is being well compensated in exchange for his reputation. He seems fairly mediocre anyway. 

Knowing what Captain Lee was likely going through at the time of filming makes me extend him a pass this season. He was the one that discovered that his son had overdosed. 💐😢

Edited by Juliegirlj
  • Love 4

Captain Lee’s Bravo blog is out and he said Kevin made a big mistake not following Kate’s direction. Basically Kate is his boss and gets to tell him how and when to serve his food. In Captain Lee’s view she runs both the interior and the galley.

The interior and the galley have to work hand in hand in order to serve the guests. Kate has been chief stew on the show for six out of the seven seasons and has worked with several different chefs during that time.

It's very possible that Captain Lee saying Kevin made a big mistake not following Kate's direction is because any chef who comes on the show can benefit from Kate's wealth of knowledge about how things work on this particular yacht.

• Love 15