Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Was Carlin really hating that badly on Tiff's ring? So much for women supporting women, lol. What's it to her, anyways? It's Law's money. If he wants to get his girl a nice rock, then so be it. IIRC, Carlin's wedding set is quite pretty. Evan certainly didn't get her a crap ring, not that it should matter. The marriage is more important, amirite? 🙄

She wasn’t hating on it; just mentioned the size and cost. It is/was a pretty huge rock. Both Carlin & Kelly mentioned the size and Tiffany being so petite. I personally wouldn’t want something so big on my hand nor would I want someone to spend that much on me. But if Tiff’s happy, that’s all that matters. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

She wasn’t hating on it; just mentioned the size and cost. It is/was a pretty huge rock. Both Carlin & Kelly mentioned the size and Tiffany being so petite. I personally wouldn’t want something so big on my hand nor would I want someone to spend that much on me. But if Tiff’s happy, that’s all that matters. 

I'm watching this monstrosity of an episode right now. Carlin IS pretty over the top about Tiffany's ring, to the extent that she looks foolish. But then again, Carlin looks foolish and over the top about damn near everything. 

I don't get the impression that the Bateses really welcome Tiffany. Carlin is just more expressive about it, probably because she can't keep her trap shut. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
Just now, Kiss my mutt said:

Maybe Carlín was jealous of her ring. She can’t stand it when someone else has something better than she has. 

Of course she was jealous. The same way she’s jealous that Alyssa has a house with a pool. The way she was jealous of Katie having a pretty much custom made home waiting for her. And she’s probably jealous Josie has a camper and doesn’t have to rough it in a tent. Not only is Carlin immature, but she managed to saddle herself with an equally immature husband. Evan is the most immature Bates in law. And that is a subterranean low bar.

16 hours ago, Heathen said:

I don't get the impression that the Bateses really welcome Tiffany. Carlin is just more expressive about it, probably because she can't keep her trap shut. 

You’d think their talentless Peter Pan finding a naive financial sponsor would make them adore, and thankful for Tiffany.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It would have to be the Stewarts. They're selling bloody Stew Crew tees. 🙄

I find it interesting that she has yet to change her surname on her Instagram. I would bet that she thinks (if she's capable of thought) that her leghumpers won't be able to find her if she's listed as a Stewart. 

1 hour ago, SMama said:

You’d think their talentless Peter Pan finding a naive financial sponsor would make them adore, and thankful for Tiffany.

Except they (probably) think they're just that special, and Tiffany (both nonwhite and foreign-born) should be grateful that she got to join their super-duper special, righteous, holy family. 

• Sad 7
(edited)

"Might have a seizure" Carlin jumped off a cliff at the lake and then swam to Evan, who was sitting in a kayak not too close by, without a life jacket in sight.  Glad she didn't have an episode while doing any of that in a deep part of the lake.                 What a story line.                                                                         I'm not saying that Carlin didn't really struggle with seizures in the beginning, but those two knew what was going on and how the doctors were attempting to get them under control long before they shared even a small amount of that info with their "Stew Crew".  Don't think they have ever really shared much.  They have to share a little now because she wants to get pregnant again.  Makes my stomach churn at how manipulative they have been with their channel.  

The 3 times they went to the lake in the last week or whenever this was all filmed, Layla and Zade were not with them.  I guess they were with Evan's parents who had been in town.

Edited by ranchgirl
Trying to fix margins.
  • Like 6
  • Mind Blown 5
17 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

"Might have a seizure" Carlin jumped off a cliff at the lake and then swam to Evan, who was sitting in a kayak not too close by, without a life jacket in sight.  Glad she didn't have an episode while doing any of that in a deep part of the lake.                 What a story line.                                                                         I'm not saying that Carlin didn't really struggle with seizures in the beginning, but those two knew what was going on and how the doctors were attempting to get them under control long before they shared even a small amount of that info with their "Stew Crew".  Don't think they have ever really shared much.  They have to share a little now because she wants to get pregnant again.  Makes my stomach churn at how manipulative they have been with their channel.  

The 3 times they went to the lake in the last week or whenever this was all filmed, Layla and Zade were not with them.  I guess they were with Evan's parents who had been in town.

I was just going to post about that. Any sympathy I had for them is long gone at this point.

• Like 13
4 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I was just going to post about that. Any sympathy I had for them is long gone at this point.

I also just saw the pictures of Carlin's jump. There's absolutely no chance of her following up with the 5 day EEG. As far as they're concerned, she's cured. 

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

I also just saw the pictures of Carlin's jump. There's absolutely no chance of her following up with the 5 day EEG. As far as they're concerned, she's cured. 

Until she gets pregnant again and the cycle starts once more. 
I seem to remember one of the doctors they saw said the seizures could have been pregnancy/ childbirth related. I think she had the first seizure / fainting spell while she was in labor.  Once she had the baby she did not rest and give herself a chance to recover, plus I bet she didn’t eat enough so she could lose the baby weight quickly.  Zade is over a year old now so she has recovered and surprise, surprise, no more episodes. 🙄

Just speculation on my part of course. Interesting how the episodes were good for sympathy and vlog content.  Maybe there was more going on but it’s funny how she has had a miraculous recovery after the novelty wore off. 

• Like 7
11 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

The kids were better off on dry land with responsible adults than at a lake the Carlin and Evan who were having fun. 

• Like 9
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I’m not going to post the picture. Has anyone else seen the last couple of pictures of Zade in his high chair and how he’s buckled in? 🤦‍♀️

Yes it looks very uncomfortable for poor Zade. It’s like neither Carlin or Evan has a clue…..

• Sad 5
31 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He was buckled across his chest, and his left wrist had a strap around it. 

Not a parent so I have no idea the point of strapping this way.  Any enlightenment?

• Useful 1

It looks like he was strpped in with an over the shoulder harness that slipped down to his elbow one side and his arm on the other side. I don't think that he was strapped in around his wrist. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

It looks like he was strpped in with an over the shoulder harness that slipped down to his elbow one side and his arm on the other side. I don't think that he was strapped in around his wrist. 

That's a relief. I was just going by what I saw. I'm not sure how the straps are supposed to look. 

Carlin put up a reel and talked about Evan walking Layla down the ISLE some day.

Josie posted about the girls chasino FIREFLY’S.

Alyssa has a YouTube video up showing off her school room organization.She had drawers for PUZZELS and POPCICLE STICKS.

Isn’t it nice that these young women are continuing the tradition of stellar homeschooling with their own children?  🙄

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 11
  • LOL 2
32 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Carlin put up a reel and talked about Evan walking Layla down the ISLE some day.

Alyssa has a YouTube video up showing off her school room organization.She had drawers for PUZZELS and POPCICLE STICKS.

Isn’t it nice that these young women are continuing the tradition of stellar homeschooling with their own children?  🙄

They learned from a champ. 

It's no coincidence that the three or four best-spoken Bates kids are the three or four oldest. They got proper homeschooling, as much as there is such a thing, especially where Kelly is concerned. The rest of the kids get progressively dumber as you go down the age line. Imagine how dumb the kids of the youngest will be, if they're homeschooled. 

• Sad 12
On 6/20/2023 at 11:15 PM, 3 is enough said:

Until she gets pregnant again and the cycle starts once more. 
I seem to remember one of the doctors they saw said the seizures could have been pregnancy/ childbirth related. I think she had the first seizure / fainting spell while she was in labor.  Once she had the baby she did not rest and give herself a chance to recover, plus I bet she didn’t eat enough so she could lose the baby weight quickly.  Zade is over a year old now so she has recovered and surprise, surprise, no more episodes. 🙄

Just speculation on my part of course. Interesting how the episodes were good for sympathy and vlog content.  Maybe there was more going on but it’s funny how she has had a miraculous recovery after the novelty wore off. 

What happened to her "broken " toe?  The last IG video showed her in sandals.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, clueless101 said:

What happened to her "broken " toe?  The last IG video showed her in sandals.  

That was perhaps a fail as far as SM attention goes. So it went the way of the "seizure" posts, seizures she had no intention of properly following up on.  

• Like 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Honestly, not educating your kids should be considered child abuse. Shame on this country for allowing parents to raise their kids to be this ignorant. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
(edited)

Funny how desperate Carlin is to have more kids while wishing away the kids she already has. She's def like Kelly, Michelle Duggar, and all the other fundies in that regard. 

Though I guess she said it herself - she LOVES birth (WTF?) and the week after and then it's all downhill from there as post partum sets in. Not surprising at the birth you have a zillion drs and nurses coming and going all asking about YOU. Then you for the next week it's a whirlwind of G&K, inlaws, and whatever siblings are your besties visiting. And then people get on with their lives and you're left with a child who needs you 24-7 and no one is telling you you looking like a glowing pregnant woman.

No Evan won't be walking her down the damn aisle before you know it bc she's effing 3. Even if she goes the Alyssa route and marries at 19, you have a decade and a half more to deal with her and you know . . . raise her.

I know most parents feel like - damn where is time going, BUT most parents I know don't sit around feeling that on a daily or weekly basis like C&E bc they are too effing busy teaching the kids, cooking for them, feeding them, driving them to school, driving them place to place for activities - you know RAISING them. It's a feeling that hits in some quiet moment when your kid suddenly looks so grown up or says something so grown up - not a feeling that hits every day damn as you watch the kids dance in the living room or play with sidewalk chalk and sit there trying to CONVINCE yourself how much you're going to miss these days or how it's going too fast blah blah. I mean with C&E I def have the feeling that they think it ain't going fast enough - much like John Webster. Though John says it pretty clearly that he wants the kids independent so he can have Alyssa [uh stop making babies yearly then dude], whereas C&E bullshit about it and they think a sappy song on IG is fooling people.

And uh yeah - diving into the water with unknown episodes and a broken toe and gushing about how you feel so alive taking risks like before you had kids and "responsibilities." Uh did someone FORCE you to get pregnant on your honeymoon?

Edited by cereality
  • Like 9
  • Applause 5
14 hours ago, Heathen said:

They learned from a champ. 

It's no coincidence that the three or four best-spoken Bates kids are the three or four oldest. They got proper homeschooling, as much as there is such a thing, especially where Kelly is concerned. The rest of the kids get progressively dumber as you go down the age line. Imagine how dumb the kids of the youngest will be, if they're homeschooled. 

it could relate to homeschooling but...Kevin Leman ( I think that is the guy) wrote a book on birth order. The oldest has either traits of an only child or older sibling - the first born is usually the smartest , because they get one on one attention , at least for a little while ( I am the oldest with traits of an only child - not close to my siblings at all) . He also says as you go down the line of having more kids, the fifth child is the dumbest ( I am paraphrasing - lol) and  then the intelligence cycle starts again as the older children interact with the younger...It does make a difference as far as sex too...Its been so long since I read the book..But I will tell you my fifth born sister is dumber than a box of rocks...There is also the labeling in the family..as in one child is the black sheep, one the rebel, one the martyr, one the savior,...etc etc...I do think there is something to who educates your child...but just as important are - attention and nurturing ....

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Dimi1 said:

it could relate to homeschooling but...Kevin Leman ( I think that is the guy) wrote a book on birth order. The oldest has either traits of an only child or older sibling - the first born is usually the smartest , because they get one on one attention , at least for a little while ( I am the oldest with traits of an only child - not close to my siblings at all) . He also says as you go down the line of having more kids, the fifth child is the dumbest ( I am paraphrasing - lol) and  then the intelligence cycle starts again as the older children interact with the younger...It does make a difference as far as sex too...Its been so long since I read the book..But I will tell you my fifth born sister is dumber than a box of rocks...There is also the labeling in the family..as in one child is the black sheep, one the rebel, one the martyr, one the savior,...etc etc...I do think there is something to who educates your child...but just as important are - attention and nurturing ....

I am the oldest girl of two boys.  I am not the smartest.  Not dumb, but brothers definitely better intelligence.  I have the most common sense though.  I know this is just me and my family, but, some of these theories are just that and many outliers.  We went to public school back in the way back days.

• Like 3

Ha, I’m the fifth! 😂 We are all fairly intelligent with lots of common sense. No one in my family is dumb, but we are all spaced 4 years apart so maybe that makes a difference. 

• Like 2

Related, but unrelated ...

I just watched Take Care if Maya on Netflix. A documentary about a family with a mom suspected of having Munchausen by proxy/Factitious disorder imposed on another. The documentary was amazingly done, and although biased, not terribly so. It left me with all kinds of questions about both sides of the medical community, DCF and the family themselves. Anyway is does show how complicated it all is.

If Carlin does have something more than Attentionitis I'm guessing it will never be diagnosed.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
11 hours ago, Heathen said:

Nathan. Carlin is ninth. 

I do think that's part of Carlin's need for attention and competing with her siblings. No one cares by number nine. Her parents' don't care, they don't care whether she's doing well or not with her homeschooling. Even by whatever home schooling standard they have. They don't care. They probably can't pick her out of a line up. And her siblings really don't care either. Michael's busy raising her siblings to take the time to give her any attention. Erin's busy playing piano and whatever else she does. Same with the rest of her siblings. Outside her family, no one cares. Carlin had to have a wedding bigger then all of her previous siblings. She had to have dancing including one with her father. But the thing is Gil doesn't care. Kelly doesn't care. She only checks in at bridal showers, baby showers, and weddings and that's only to get as much attention for herself as she can get. Erin is similar, but Carlin is louder. That's the only way she knows how to get attention. She sees what her siblings have and she has to have it for herself. It doesn't matter if she actually wants it or have money to get it. She has to have it. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2

Umm, just watched Carlin and Evan pick up their brand new Tesla . . . and holy crap, with the options Evan implies they chose, that's about a $125k car.  Whether they bought or are just leasing . . .damn.  Guess the fugly dress boutique is a way more lucrative endeavor than I'd imagined.

• Mind Blown 9
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Umm, just watched Carlin and Evan pick up their brand new Tesla . . . and holy crap, with the options Evan implies they chose, that's about a $125k car.  Whether they bought or are just leasing . . .damn.  Guess the fugly dress boutique is a way more lucrative endeavor than I'd imagined.

I predict they'll "need" an SUV when the inevitable third pregnancy is announced. Oh my word, we can't fit three car seats in the Tesla! Gotta have an SUV for Carlin! 

I'm still trudging through the past seasons of BUB that I hadn't seen. I'm now on Michael(a)'s wedding season. Carlin is freaking embarrassing. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I predict they'll "need" an SUV when the inevitable third pregnancy is announced. Oh my word, we can't fit three car seats in the Tesla! Gotta have an SUV for Carlin! 

I'm still trudging through the past seasons of BUB that I hadn't seen. I'm now on Michael(a)'s wedding season. Carlin is freaking embarrassing. 

He got a six seater. There's enough room for four carseats. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 5
42 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

You really think that mere FACTS will come between the Stewarts and whatever they want? 🙄 That would be a first. 

• LOL 9
13 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I somehow think that it wouldn't matter if it held enough carseats or not, these two are the sort who would just toss the kids in the back and let them fend for themselves if there was an accident.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Either there is some very creative accounting going on or they are drowning in debt.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
3 minutes ago, scriggle said:

Either there is some very creative accounting going on or they are drowning in debt.

If they're not careful, one of them might have to get a real job! Disgusted Steve Carell GIF

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

And of course in the last vlog, Mr. and Mrs. Competitive didn’t STOP the sock wrestling (🤦🏻‍♀️) when Zade started crying because he thought they were fighting, they finished the game, THEN went to comfort their child 🙄

• Sad 8