Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

I laughed when C&E said he threw THREE ornaments and Evan was all like ornaments are expensive.

Uh ok we get it, you're not attentive parents and apparently have never seen a child before so maybe you were caught flat footed when he threw the first one. Yet was that first one not enough for you to remove the box and/or remove him, when you realized he thought they were balls to be thrown? 

And fine it's the social media trend to start Christmas the day after Halloween, but for the love of god does all celebrating in that family HAVE to involve junk? Why on earth are you baking Christmas cookies on Nov 1? I imagine that Layla now expects and will want to keep baking Christmas cookies until Dec 25/Jan 1, no? I mean you want to set up your crappy garland and boring beige stockings, fine, but uh maybe don't break out the Christmas junk food 2 months in advance? Why not give her some Christmas theme coloring pages for now to start "celebrating" with.

And I'm sure C&E have to have fancy ornaments bc they've never seen a child before, but hello big spenders - Target sells a whole box of 50 shatter proof ornaments for $15. You can go with those or frankly just those ornaments up top with only lights at the bottom, since you're going to have a house full of children for years.

• Like 10

Before each of our kids turned around two-ish, we put the tree behind a baby corral. Not because of the ornaments, but to keep them for accidently pulling the tree over.

After that it was easy enough to remind them to be gentle with the tree, and of course putting breakable ornaments near the top.

Carlin knows its the Christmas SEASON, right? Like there are 52 says until Christmas day. She needs to slow her roll with Christmas traditions.

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They don't have a tree yet (assuming they get a real one). I don't understand why the ornaments were even out in the first place.

Taking inventory? 

Layla could/should be making some simple ornaments at this point. Even the baby could contribute a hand print or two.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Taking inventory? 

Layla could/should be making some simple ornaments at this point. Even the baby could contribute a hand print or two.

They did hand prints of everyone last year. I imagine they'll do the kids again this year. 

• Like 3

I like Christmas as much as the next person but November 1 is too early to start decorating and baking. Don’t most people wait until Thanksgiving? When I lived in Canada we started a little bit earlier but usually not until after Remembrance Day(Veteran’s Day).

• Like 9

They are desperate for social media content so it’s never too early for Christmas. Personally I can’t wait for the annual gingerbread house building contest. Will Layla finish in last place again? Or will Zade attempt to build his own this year? 

• LOL 7
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They don't have a tree yet (assuming they get a real one). I don't understand why the ornaments were even out in the first place.

I'm guessing the ornaments arrived in a big box from Amazon!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
26 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I see they are saying they made a big decision on their latest YouTube video!  I haven't watched it yet.

It always takes me a moment with them!

The big decision is that they decided to start decorating for Christmas.  Alert the media!  BTW, it seems that at least one of the glass ornaments that Zade threw was actually handed to him by his mother.  Because giving toddlers fragile glass objects to play with is just good parenting.  Also, Evan, always helpful and ready with hints and tips for the fans, recommends putting new batteries in any battery operated Christmas decor.

You're welcome.

Edited by Notabug
  • LOL 19
11 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I see they are saying they made a big decision on their latest YouTube video!  I haven't watched it yet.

It always takes me a moment with them!

It takes me an eternity . . . 🤣

• LOL 6
1 minute ago, Kbo said:

Carlin and Evan are the type of people who need instructions like this

IMG_0926.jpeg

I was just thinking that the Stews are the people duh-isms are made for. Don't use Drano on your face? DUH! Don't use the hair dryer in the shower? DUH! Take the cap off the pen to use it? DUH! 

Homeschooling for the win! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
49 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I was just thinking that the Stews are the people duh-isms are made for. Don't use Drano on your face? DUH! Don't use the hair dryer in the shower? DUH! Take the cap off the pen to use it? DUH! 

Homeschooling for the win! 

And yet, they are influencers who give the little people advice on how to live!

• LOL 4
19 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

And yet, they are influencers who give the little people advice on how to live!

I get the sense their fans don't have any more brain power than the Stew Crew. Speaking of which, what's up with Evan and Carlin glomming onto Zach and Whit lately? It seems like they're together all the time now. Have Evan's parents finally set some boundaries? Are they planting themselves at Zach's for the yummy food? It seems like things had cooled off for a while, but now they're back to being besties. It's so weird. 

• Like 4
On 11/3/2023 at 4:12 PM, 3 is enough said:

I like Christmas as much as the next person but November 1 is too early to start decorating and baking. Don’t most people wait until Thanksgiving? When I lived in Canada we started a little bit earlier but usually not until after Remembrance Day(Veteran’s Day).

My coworker just showed me the picture of his tree put up over the weekend.  I am prob doing mine just before Tday.  Luckily my fur babies leave it alone.

On 11/3/2023 at 4:20 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

I decorate the day after Thanksgiving and break it down the weekend after New Years. That's plenty. 

Mine comes down 12/26!  

• Like 4

When I was a kid back in the darkages no one that I knew put up a tree before a week before Christmas. There were no big box stores so we got our trees from tree lots. And Christmas trees were not brought in before December. Trees stayed up until January 6, The Feast of the Epiphany. I love Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't like to smash them together. 

• Like 12
21 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

When I was a kid back in the darkages no one that I knew put up a tree before a week before Christmas. There were no big box stores so we got our trees from tree lots. And Christmas trees were not brought in before December. Trees stayed up until January 6, The Feast of the Epiphany. I love Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't like to smash them together. 

Same when I was a kid.  Back in the 60's, the only artificial trees were those aluminum ones.  People who owned them would get lights that rotated through various colors to shine on them; usually red, blue, yellow and green.  I remember one of our neighbors got one and let us into her house to take a look at it.  My older sister and I thought it was the most beautiful thing we'd ever seen, LOL.  We ran home to tell our mom about it an beg to get one for our house.  Didn't happen, my uncle had a Christmas tree farm in Pennsylvania.  We would go on Thanksgiving weekend and he would cut down a tree for us.  However, my mom would leave it in a bucket of water in the backyard for a couple weeks before putting it up.  Because, back then, putting the tree up over Thanksgiving was just not done.

• Like 11

Dec 10 was when trees were delivered to our town in the 50s.  So the tree went up the next weekend.  My mother usually took it down Jan 1 while watching football. She wanted the fire hazard (as she called it) out of the house before she went back to work.  

I can't imagine living like Carlin with a kid throwing ornaments around right after Halloween and having either an artificial tree gathering dust or a live tree drying out to firebomb status.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 8
41 minutes ago, Notabug said:

However, my mom would leave it in a bucket of water in the backyard for a couple weeks before putting it up.

My parents did the same thing. The tree was put in a galvanized bucket full of water in the back yard. It stayed there until my sister and I wore down my parents and they finally brought the tree in the house for us to decorate. I kept that bucket for years. I think I got rid of it when we downsized a few years ago. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I have three kids. My youngest is seven so well past the age of throwing ornaments. I never had to do anything special with my tree when they were babies. I taught them to leave the tree alone and they did 🤷‍♀️.I even have a massive Christmas Village setup and maybe a piece got broken from a kid playing with it but it only happened one time.  I think the worst tree offender in my house was the dog or cat drinking the water out of the stand but a spray bottle came in handy when ever that happened. 
This will be the first year in 10 years we have not gotten a real tree. Our local friend and tree farmer said he had a limited supply this year so I bought a fake one on clearance at the end of last year. I will so miss the tradition of hiking through the mountains and watching my boys saw the tree down :( We will actually be out of town for a week at the beginning of December so a fake tree works better rather than having someone come water it for us. 
Anyhow, some Christmas decorations will be up before Thanksgiving (it takes a week to get it all up)but the tree and outside is always done the day after Thanksgiving and if it was up to me it would come down Christmas Day after the presents are opened but I digress. December 26th it is. 
I’ve yet to see my tree assembled or out of the box so I’m anxious to get it up but it can still wait until after Thanksgiving. My daughter keeps wanting me to listen to Christmas music and I’m just not ready yet…. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Dec 10 was when trees were delivered to our town in the 50s.  So the tree went up the next weekend.  My mother usually took it down Jan 1 while watching football. She wanted the fire hazard (as she called it) out of the house before she went back to work.  

I can't imagine living like Carlin with a kid throwing ornaments around right after Halloween and having either an artificial tree gathering dust or a live tree drying out to firebomb status.

My youngest sister's birthday was the 13 of December.  From the time she was born, we'd put the tree up the weekend closest to her birthday so it would be up on her birthday.  My mom usually took it down around Jan 1 because she didn't want it to get too dry.  I try to wait until the Epiphany.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

I’ve always loved having a real tree so it stings a little to go artificial this year. I went with a flocked tree. My mom hates the idea of fake snow on a tree but I live in the mountains so I think it works. If I could afford an aluminum tree with a color wheel I’d be all about it! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, Notabug said:

Same when I was a kid.  Back in the 60's, the only artificial trees were those aluminum ones.  People who owned them would get lights that rotated through various colors to shine on them; usually red, blue, yellow and green.  I remember one of our neighbors got one and let us into her house to take a look at it.  My older sister and I thought it was the most beautiful thing we'd ever seen, LOL.  We ran home to tell our mom about it a beg to get one for our house.  Didn't happen, my uncle had a Christmas tree farm in Pennsylvania.  We would go on Thanksgiving weekend and he would cut down a tree for us.  However, my mom would leave it in a bucket of water in the backyard for a couple weeks before putting it up.  Because, back then, putting the tree up over Thanksgiving was just not done.

I still LOVE those aluminum trees! I have a small white tree and want a pink one.

• Like 4

When I was little my father would always get the tree the Saturday before Christmas. When I was 12 he switched to an artificial tree and it went up a bit earlier. By the time he retired the tree was up by mid November, but he wanted to enjoy it because by that time they always travelled to one of our houses for Christmas and were usually gone for at least a week.

I feel like this was a Canadian thing but we always got a real cut tree for outside too.

Did the Bates have a tree when the kids were all home? I know for the longest time the Duggars did not. Maybe this whole super early decorating thing is just another example of how they were deprived as kids and are overcompensating now.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

i usually decorate early (if at all lately) because its a lot of work and i want to make it worth the effort so i get to enjoy it for a while or not at all. i did tell my son he could come any time from october 1 forward and hang the outside lights for me -- i didnt need to plug them in till i was ready but he could get the job done whenever it was convenient. so far, no lights hung outside....i used to go full boar with the decor but nowadays, i just do the outdoor lights and the tree. (if at all, like i said). and truly, we fly out christmas morning anyway so no one will appreciate all the effort but us anyway.

ETA: my house will not be empty, by the way. not all of us are flying away.

Edited by zoomama
safety first....
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Unlike C&E, we waited until the trees started showing up in parking lots or the fire station. Usually sometime during the first week of December. It came down sometime around the 1st of January.

How long will the Stewarts keep theirs up? Like Valentine's day is less than two months after Christmas. They can switch up their brown and tan stockings to brown and tan hearts.

• LOL 6
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Carlin sitting on the exam table eating chips. Riveting and not a surprise.

And that's on top of the Frappucino with whipped cream Carlin had for breakfast. She better thank her lucky stars she's still young, because that post-35 metabolism crash is gonna hit hard. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

So many things were wrong with that video of Carlin and Zade sitting on the exam table. First, there never seems to be any paper where they are sitting on the table. It looks like maybe Zade or Carlin tore the paper and Carlin was wadding it up and throwing it like a ball to Zade. Secondly, eating in the doctor's office before an exam is usually a no no. Thirdly, it looked like Zade had a pile of gold fish or some other orange snack directly on the bare table in front of him and then Carlin is giving him chips. And I find it strange that Carlin is sitting on the table. I never once climbed up on the exam table with my kids. 

One more thing, why is Zade's hair pulled up in a point on the top of his head like Ed Grimley on SNL?

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 1

My parents would go to a tree lot, or out in a forest to chop down a tree until I was 7 and I became allergic to them.. so we got an artificial tree.  I think they put the tree up during Black friday and kept it up until the first week of January.

• Like 3
On 11/9/2023 at 9:59 PM, 65mickey said:

So many things were wrong with that video of Carlin and Zade sitting on the exam table. First, there never seems to be any paper where they are sitting on the table. It looks like maybe Zade or Carlin tore the paper and Carlin was wadding it up and throwing it like a ball to Zade. Secondly, eating in the doctor's office before an exam is usually a no no. Thirdly, it looked like Zade had a pile of gold fish or some other orange snack directly on the bare table in front of him and then Carlin is giving him chips. And I find it strange that Carlin is sitting on the table. I never once climbed up on the exam table with my kids. 

One more thing, why is Zade's hair pulled up in a point on the top of his head like Ed Grimley on SNL?

His hair looked ridiculous!

ETA:  And C and E are styling his hair like that all the time now.  Poor kid.

Edited by farmgal4
Added info
  • Like 4

I haven't seen this doctor's office video; don't know where it is to be found but I did see their most recent YouTube....what a bore. Nothing really to film, just advertise their boutique sale coming up...obviously this was partly a commercial for the business. However, in it, Evan did admit that neither he nor Carlin like to cook. There it is folks, the real reason why they constantly eat out/takeout. Carlin can't wait to drive again??? We'll see when this happens if Evan gets himself a real job. My opinion still stands that Carlin just doesn't know how to be on her own even with the kids and can't cope being by herself. She is just plain afraid. I am not a doctor but this is my opinion still so far.

• Like 11
16 minutes ago, floridamom said:

My opinion still stands that Carlin just doesn't know how to be on her own even with the kids and can't cope being by herself. She is just plain afraid. I am not a doctor but this is my opinion still so far.

I think you are correct. Carlin's fear of being alone with her kids all day, combined with Evan's disdain for working created the mess that is their SM presence.

• Like 11

I agree Carlin doesn't want to be alone all day with her kids, but I don't think its fear, IMO, its 100% laziness. 

As far as cooking - its no secret that I strongly dislike it - like I'd rather clean a toilet. But you know what? I was a stay at home mom for 10 years - so I cooked. 3 effing meals a day on most days. And again, because I'm a mom (and my husband worked 50+ hours a week) I continued to cook after I went back to work.

And I was a young parent. I had my kids in my early 20s. C&E have no excuses for how shitty their parenting is. They are selfish parents who won't step up and put their kids first.

• Like 12
  • Applause 9
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree Carlin doesn't want to be alone all day with her kids, but I don't think its fear, IMO, its 100% laziness. 

As far as cooking - its no secret that I strongly dislike it - like I'd rather clean a toilet. But you know what? I was a stay at home mom for 10 years - so I cooked. 3 effing meals a day on most days. And again, because I'm a mom (and my husband worked 50+ hours a week) I continued to cook after I went back to work.

And I was a young parent. I had my kids in my early 20s. C&E have no excuses for how shitty their parenting is. They are selfish parents who won't step up and put their kids first.

And isn't that what good parents are supposed to do?  My mom didn't really love to cook, either, but she did it, because it needed to be done.  These days with You tube videos and the Food Network, there's no reason Carlin couldn't learn half a dozen basic recipes for quick family meals and put them into rotation.  Or Evan, for that matter.  In lots of families, meal making is a family activity and the kids can learn to set the table, help toss a salad and other simple prep to allow them to participate.  Then, imagine sitting down at the table for a real family meal and leaving the cell phones alone and actually interacting as a family.  I doubt Evan or Carlin is capable of sparkling conversation, but, perhaps if they sat and listened to what Layla has to say, they might find out their kid's speech is not that great and Layla might actually get the impression that her parents are interested in her as a person and not just a prop for photos.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 16
  • Applause 2
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think it comes as a shock to these fundie women when they get married that now all the jobs are theirs. Not only are they lonely with just hubby, but there is no division of jobs to cover things and suit what you like. Then they have kids and there is not only no sister mom to watch the kid all day, but there is laundry, grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning and eventually the homeschooling that is all on them.

The girls from these big families have gotten very used to the model of division of labor. One sister cooks, one does laundry, one cleans, one is in charge of school etc. If you were laundry, you never had to think about cooking etc.

When it is all on them, the homemaker role their entire upbringing instills in them from day one, they flounder and have no idea how to deal with it all.

Most of them have crap examples. Meech, KJ, and Jrod can't cook, clean or home school either and put very little effort into teaching their daughters how to be a homemaker.

Hasn't Carlin done ads for Hello Fresh or one of those meal delivery places? Those are so easy.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Same exact story here, GeeGolly.  My house was clean, kids were clean, I prepared 3 meals and snacks, and I didn't do it because I was a natural born Suzie Homemaker.  I did it because that was my responsibilty.  I strongly believe that if you don't want to do those things, then don't choose to have children.  It is work, from sun up to sun down. Carlin and Evan are a couple of lazy bums.

Edited by zenme
  • Like 15