Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I didn't watch the episode with the hoarder lady. If any of you did, could you tell me if Phil had the cats removed from the home and placed in "no kill" shelters? Thanks. 

He had her choose between getting help and keeping the cats and she chose getting help so I assume that the cats were eventually removed (I'm pretty sure no-kill shelters were mentioned). This was another episode where I expected an "After the Taping" where she changed her mind.

• Love 3

If you can't enough of wild, beautiful teenage daughters and psychopath teen sons, you'll love next week's set of episodes.

12/10: Beautiful Disaster?

Noelle, 14, is out of control, brings drugs into the house, has stolen a car and backed it into a neighbor's mailbox, and has caused her stepfather to leave the home to escape the chaos of living with her. ("Cash Me Outside/Bhad Bhabie" Part 2?)

12/11: Accusations of Trespassing, Stalking and Lies: Twin Daughters Caught in the Middle

Stacie says her ex-husband has involved their 17-year-old twin daughters in some of his unhealthy behaviors, and they have refused to see him for the past eight months because he has been harassing, stalking and freaking them out.

12/12: My 14-Year-Old Son Is Accused of Killing His Siblings; Up and Vanished: Where Is Kristal Reisinger?

A teen is accused of killing his baby brother and sister, but his mother insists he is innocent and has no behavioral issues; Payne Lindsey (podcast "Up and Vanished") looks into a small-town mom's disappearance; preview of Dr. Phil's new podcast.

12/13: 200 Police Calls: Who's the Problem: Partying Teen or Attention-Seeking Mom?

Melinda says her 18-year-old daughter, Cassidy, smashes and destroys anything around her and has assaulted her; Cassidy says it is all a lie and she is being falsely accused.

12/14: A Member of My Secret Facebook Group Got Me Fired. I'm Afraid She's Stalking Me

Two leaders of a secret Facebook group for women with depression and anxiety feud over advice given and accuse each other of cyberbullying.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, kicksave said:

First off...not all of the 13 children are school age anymore...5 or 6 of them are adults. She would have several that are teenagers and would be able to handle themselves. The younger ones would need help and she would have to have a very organized morning plan. It would be better than trying to home school them and educate them properly...also, these kids need socialization with their peers. No wonder they all have depression...what a mess they live in.

I understand that not all of the children were of school age. However, in my experience, it takes a lot of time and logistics to handle teenagers/elementary students and their homework not to mention just getting them all out of the house and keeping up with all the various demands from the school. I cannot even wrap my head around one of the kiddos needing something for an art project at the last minute - times 13 (or whatever).

It is curious that the older adult children are at home. Maybe they cannot afford to move out or feel responsible for parenting their younger siblings. The whole thing is so sad. 

• Love 2

If a minor lives on her own in Beverly Hills and spends $7000/month on her appearance, she isn't the problem, her parents are.  Phil was talking down to her, as he usually does because he's so smart. when he should have been ripping them a new one.  They allowed her to drop out of school because she wanted to spend three hours on her appearance?  She seemed like a nice girl otherwise.  The mother was clueless.  Oh, and the ending with the commercial for international beauty expert Robin was SO helpful.  Robin's lucky to be married to someone who can give her a platform to sell her crap.

• Love 12

Today's entire show has been a plug for this narcissistic teenager.  I don't think Mom will ever put her foot down.  Maybe when she reaches the age of majority, she can be asked to leave.  Then she could sell all her junk and maybe get a place of her own.  One can only hope.

And she said she 'concentrates on school'.  Huh?  She can't go to school because who can get up THREE HOURS early to fix her face?  Certainly not HER!  Not impressed and not sympathetic.

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 8

The Michelle-Duggar-Wannabe mom made me stabby. She keeps having kids because, "Babies are cute." Hello! You have multiple children with big issues. Hubby has big issues. How about dealing with that first? And self-admitted barely literate grown children don't bode well for her home schooling program. You don't homeschool because it's easier. A good homeschool is a lot of work. 

You could tell by her eyes that she was not getting it (and thinking about her next argument instead of listening to what was being said). 

I'm seriously concerned about the new baby, especially being special needs.

• Love 8

I wonder which one of Robin's creams makes her eyes look they have nearly disappeared and make it sound like she has marbles in her mouth?  Must be the OMG, is this really me? stuff. I bought  a knock off called OMG WTF happened to me? I still have big eyes and can speak clearly so I don't think it is working.  Also Groucho Marx called and he wants his eyebrows back.

• Love 11

The narcissistic child is getting free sdvertising by Dr. Phil. But let's not forget: The Dr. Phil show is "a soft place to come to deal with the hard issues" or some such nonsense you hear Phil say. Yeah this bitch is dealing with hard issues. Fuck her. And her designer purse is ugly. She looks like she's got her hand on the bible. Ridiculous looking and she thinks it's Beverly Hills cool. 

Go audition for the Shahs of Sunset...she might not be Persian but she'd fit in anyway.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I didn't watch the episode with the hoarder lady. If any of you did, could you tell me if Phil had the cats removed from the home and placed in "no kill" shelters? Thanks. 

His plan was to counsel her and help her understand why she needed the cats, and to help (?) find people who would be willing to take one at a time as pets in a one cat household.  She realizes what she is doing is not normal and wanted help to be able to let some of them go.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

He had her choose between getting help and keeping the cats and she chose getting help so I assume that the cats were eventually removed (I'm pretty sure no-kill shelters were mentioned). This was another episode where I expected an "After the Taping" where she changed her mind.

Thanks for the info!

I was checking out glassdoor.com to see what it was like to work on the Dr. Phil show.  Quite interesting.  Just put his name in the search field and see what a horrible place former employees say it is.  You can read 2 pages without creating an account or signing in with FB.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I wonder which one of Robin's creams makes her eyes look they have nearly disappeared and make it sound like she has marbles in her mouth?  Must be the OMG, is this really me? stuff. I bought  a knock off called OMG WTF happened to me? I still have big eyes and can speak clearly so I don't think it is working.  Also Groucho Marx called and he wants his eyebrows back.

We’ve seen her morphing into some alien being for a couple of years now but yesterday was truly scary. I have said before that they need to take down the promo featuring her and Phil where she’s wearing the animal print top. She was attractive and normal looking and could speak correctly. The contrast with her today is startling. I do wonder what her children and grandchildren think when they see her? And why doesn’t Shill talk some sense into this woman?!

• Love 7
23 hours ago, Showthyme said:

I understand that not all of the children were of school age. However, in my experience, it takes a lot of time and logistics to handle teenagers/elementary students and their homework not to mention just getting them all out of the house and keeping up with all the various demands from the school. I cannot even wrap my head around one of the kiddos needing something for an art project at the last minute - times 13 (or whatever).

It is curious that the older adult children are at home. Maybe they cannot afford to move out or feel responsible for parenting their younger siblings. The whole thing is so sad. 

All of this makes it even more irresponsible of the parents to so casually have all of these kids when they cannot take care of them properly or give them the kind of attention they need...all because this nut job mother had it in her head that she should have 13 children? They can't financially afford them and the father is off gambling and blowing their money on strippers? I would imagine that some of these adult children cannot afford to live on their own. Maybe they don't even have jobs...can't imagine what kind of life skills they have being brought up in an environment like this.

• Love 3
On 12/2/2018 at 12:51 PM, javajeanelaine said:

Brandon/Diamond was extremely unlikeable.  I wonder if there's some kind of mental illness there.

Could be...I know that when someone decides to go for the sex reassignment surgery they have to have months of psychological assessments and therapy before they are given the go ahead for the procedure. Brandon seemed like someone who may have narcissistic personality disorder. He/She was obnoxious and self absorbed. I'm getting tired of millennials that keep imitating those awful Kardashian girls and holding them up as role models. I blame the Kardashians for promoting cosmetic surgery and cosmetic procedures as being normal. So many young women are trying to emulate their "look" and are actually saving up money to get their lips filled, boobs done, etc., etc...Brandon/Diamond's fixation with Paris Hilton, another dimwit who really doesn't work hard, despite what Dr. Phil says, was pathetic. Paris Hilton's basically a professional party girl. She gets paid to open up and attend clubs. Her popularity as a professional party girl has dimmed in recent years, especially in the United States but I understand she is still popular overseas. She's pushing 40 so her days as a pop icon are coming to close. She just ended her fourth engagement. Dr.Phil spoke about her like she is actually "working"...I think he's lived in Hollywood too long and has lost sight of what REAL work is.

2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

We’ve seen her morphing into some alien being for a couple of years now but yesterday was truly scary. I have said before that they need to take down the promo featuring her and Phil where she’s wearing the animal print top. She was attractive and normal looking and could speak correctly. The contrast with her today is startling. I do wonder what her children and grandchildren think when they see her? And why doesn’t Shill talk some sense into this woman?!

She's had too many fillers and eye lifts. Obviously she is insecure about her appearance living in Hollywood. Sad.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Lava VaVoom said:

If a minor lives on her own in Beverly Hills and spends $7000/month on her appearance, she isn't the problem, her parents are.  Phil was talking down to her, as he usually does because he's so smart. when he should have been ripping them a new one.  They allowed her to drop out of school because she wanted to spend three hours on her appearance?  She seemed like a nice girl otherwise.  The mother was clueless.  Oh, and the ending with the commercial for international beauty expert Robin was SO helpful.  Robin's lucky to be married to someone who can give her a platform to sell her crap.

And another wannabe Kardashian...ugh...so tired of them and the unhealthy lifestyle that they make oodles of money on with their daily onslaught of Instagrams and other social media posts promoting themselves and their kids. To me they represent everything that is wrong with our society right now.

• Love 9

Did they ever mention how this young lady who is so absorbed with her looks gets the money for all of her purchases and treatments? I know she has an online presence but before that we’re her parent’s footing the bill? And if so, what do they do that they have so much money to throw away?  It’s totally ludicrous and makes me ill to think that young people ( or anyone) would be so obsessed with their looks that they would spend so much money on their appearance.

• Love 3

Speaking again of Robin’s looks, how many times has Shill said that he was hired many times to evaluate candidates for plastic surgery to determine if they were doing it for the right reasons or had expectations that would never be met? Who evaluated that alien he’s married to? What a shame that she’s succumbed to the pressure to get crazy surgery rather than age gracefully and naturally. And then she gets up on his show and lies her head off about the effectiveness of her “potions” as she reads it all off of cue cards because she doesn’t know it by heart. We all know that her crap is no better than anyone else’s. This whole thing makes me sad for that family. 

• Love 2

It’s not like Robin wasn’t an attractive woman before the work. If anything , the plastic surgery has destroyed her and i hate to think what she’ll look like in old age .  A woman can live in Hollywood and get some low-key work : Botox, lip enhancer , yet look fresh and like themselves . A good example is an actress like Marisa Tomei 

• Love 6

The girl who spent all her time getting ready looked way older than 17.  And what is happening to Robin?  Her eyes are disappearing into tiny black pinholes.  

Edited by Pondlass1
  • Love 6

The 17 year old (!!!looks 30) Kardashian wannabe spends Daddy’s money on all those services...maybe she should look into getting her eyelids lifted (or unlifted if she already altered them).  They look wonky .  Maybe it’s the glam squad’s fault with how they do her eye makeup?  Or a side effect from wearing 1lb vacuum cleaner roller brushes as false lashes?  And maybe the glam squad can talk her out of wearing ALL the black hair extensions in the 90210 area at one time?  Girl will have neck pain from carrying all that extra weight on her head.  And it looks very fake and not flattering.

• Love 2

So, does she actually get money from endorsing products or what?  Does she make enough to support herself?  Why are her parents still paying for all that crap?  If she DOES make enough, her parents should avail themselves of tough love and toss her out on her 18th.  She needs to fend for herself in this world.

• Love 1

Another show with an out of control teen girl... sigh.   I only lasted 10 minutes because these shows are repetitive, but what I see is some bipolar issues.  Bouts of anger, then sadness, drinking and drug use probably to self-medicate her symptoms.  I'll check in later to see if my armchair diagnosis was in the ballpark.

• Love 3

They had a great catfish rerun today on OWN.      Woman was widowed, started online dating, man contacts her.   He's trapped in England working, getting held captive by the British government, etc.   She's sent over $250,000, has nothing left, and despite Dr. Phil and company proving the man's calling and emailing from Nigeria, and showing everything he says is fake, and her saying she knows she's been taken, I'm sure she was sending more money three seconds after the show ended.       I love how she was saying she has nothing left, and her daughter sitting there realizing that her idiot mother will be showing up on her doorstep soon, with suitcase in hand.   Personally, if someone I knew spent every penny on some scammer,  still kept trying to send money and showed up whining about being broke, I'd slam the door in her face.              

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

I don’t watch the teen shows anymore. Most of them just want to get on tv. There is no one solution for these families because there are so many variables. Some have mental illness, some are on drugs, some are from dysfunctional homes, some have had trauma. Phil asks a few questions about the situation but his only answer is the treatment centers. Of course he always seems to have time to bring out he Pfizer shill or talk about Robin’s face creams. 

• Love 2

I watched most of yesterdays 'teen girl' show and I was disgusted.  The absentee father who has a new family totally got a free pass and understanding with a side of "I can tell you mean it" when you say you will start being there while the mother who is trying to parent this girl received nothing but disdain from Dr. Phil and the psychiatrist (psychologist?).  I mean I realize they are all airing their dirty laundry for some air time but I was flabbergasted at how they jumped on the mom and the father and the awful teen gets sympathy.  Ugh.    

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AnnieHeights said:

I mean I realize they are all airing their dirty laundry for some air time but I was flabbergasted at how they jumped on the mom and the father and the awful teen gets sympathy.  Ugh.    

Shill does this to women all of the time. He is terrible.

• Love 3

Of all of the times to watch a first run Dr. Phil, why did I pick today's episode?    An 11 year old murdered his toddler sibling, mom doesn't figure out that it was murder, or won't acknowledge it, and he then kills the 6 month old step sibling, and she's still defending him.      Then he murders two kittens, and she's still saying it's DCS's fault because she couldn't put him in the private hospital treatment she wanted to keep him in.       Then she's whining because he's in juvenile detention, and can't kill anything else, and she's whining about that.     I would worry about the other inmates, not this soulless killer.  

Then a shrink that deals with this stuff for L.A. DCS says the kid should be treated as a juvenile, and not a criminal.     Are these people stupid?     If that stupid so-called mother could, she'd have him home, and get the other kid that DCS took away from her, and that one would be dead too.     And Dr. Phil saying the mother having a masters in Psychology makes her a professional is ludicrous.    I have an MBA, but that didn't make me a CEO did it?         I bet the mother's a psychopath or sociopath, just like her son is.      I shudder to think of this kid ever being out in society. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

I check the Dr Phil website on Saturdays to see what the lineup is for the next week, and it's pretty much all out-of-control teens and I let them go.  Like others mentioned above, I'm really done with those.  I watch, as many of us do, for the next catfish show and it's been a while.  What just struck me is, a sullen teen daughter is a whole lot easier and cheaper to put on than a catfish show !  For the latter you have to get your agent in Nigeria, research their servers,  send somebody to their alleged address in Michigan or whatever, &c -- lots of trouble.  For the teens you just need some videos of them pitching fits, and then send them off to a Center, end of story.    I do look forward to the next catfish show, though.  

• Love 5

Friday's episode about the secret Facebook group has now been replaced with one titled "My Fiance Never Showed Up to Our Wedding, but I Still Love Him":

Sasha has a secret to reveal to her family and friends a month after her fiance left her at the altar and her 125 guests, who had traveled from all over the country, and even abroad, were turned away by the wedding venue.

And here's the (supposed) lineup for next week:

12/17: Scott Peterson's Sister-in-Law: Scott Is Innocent

12/18: Husband, Father, Murderer: Inside the Chris Watts Case

12/19: Missing: Where Is Corinna Slusser?; Girls Gone Update: Ebby Found

12/20: From Disney Star to Homeless and in Danger: Will Orlando Brown Accept Life-Saving Treatment?

12/21: Controversial Parenting Gone Viral

• Love 1
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

An 11 year old murdered his toddler sibling, mom doesn't figure out that it was murder, or won't acknowledge it, and he then kills the 6 month old step sibling, and she's still defending him.

I was intrigued when it was brought up that this kid was stuck doing all the chores... how was he treated by his mother? Where did his insane religious ideas come from?

I'm sad that the facebook idiots have been cancelled, I was looking forward to that.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 1

My guess is the mother is a psycho as her kid is.      It's terrifying to me that the mother wants that kid back, and her kid in CPS back, and I'm sure it would be no time at all before the other child dies if the brother is allowed around the kid.      I think the mother wants the child in a private psychiatric facility, because she thinks she'll get him back part time at least, and then get him released.       I'm betting that there is a lot more psychiatric history with the boy than his mother is willing to admit. 

I would love to know about the mother's history too.    I bet it's interesting, and not in a good way.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

I have a hard time watching these kind of shows. The mother seemed to have a very flat affect. I don’t know how I would feel or act if one of my kids killed my other kids, but protecting your remaining child should be your first priority. I can understand wanting her son in psychiatric care rather than prison. 

I don’t understand why Phil has shows like this or what he wants to accomplish. I will say I’m frustrated with Phil asking a question and then  getting angry if he doesn’t get the answer he wants. I didn’t like or excuse the mother but when he asked her if it was true her son always had bad grades, she said when he has an IEP and was in special education he had good grades, and bad grades when he was taken out of it. Phil responded in an angry way because he wanted a different answer. I can’t believe more people don’t go off on him and since reading how poorly he treats his staff, he is just an angry man. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 4

This mother on today's show came off as too immature to be a parent. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if she had men coming and going when her daughter was younger and that at least one of them led to her daughter having trauma/PTSD.

Of course, the segment ended early so that they could have an update on a former guest who started using Robin's skincare junk after her first appearance in 2014.

• Love 4

I just saw the last 10 minutes of today’s show about the mom who lost her son and started using Robin’s skincare line 4 years ago. Yikes. I don’t think that she was a huge selling point for Robin’s gunk. And of course, R was sickening with this poor woman. Geez. Shill is putting on the hard sell before Christmas. Guess I’ll have to stop watching until the new year and even that is questionable now. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Gam2 said:

I just saw the last 10 minutes of today’s show about the mom who lost her son and started using Robin’s skincare line 4 years ago. Yikes. I don’t think that she was a huge selling point for Robin’s gunk. And of course, R was sickening with this poor woman. Geez. Shill is putting on the hard sell before Christmas. Guess I’ll have to stop watching until the new year and even that is questionable now

His new podcast starts after the New Year so you know he'll be pimping the hell out of it when the time comes.

• Love 2

OMG, that whine!  

Just now, Keywestclubkid said:

my daughters friends are just jealous of me and think I could steal their boyfriends lol good god that mother is nuts be a parent to your child and stop trying to hang around your daughters friends 

Yeah, she was disgusting.

• Love 2

I couldn't finish watching they both were so awful but the mother Jesus I had to turn it she was beyond clueless and was lying through her teeth that she didn't do drugs with these kids... lol and her saying I didn't want to do drugs you guys wanted me to do the drugs ...and I dont like young boys you guys want me to like young boys lol I was sitting there like what the what? 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, iHateAmpersands said:

This mother on today's show came off as too immature to be a parent. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if she had men coming and going when her daughter was younger and that at least one of them led to her daughter having trauma/PTSD.

Of course, the segment ended early so that they could have an update on a former guest who started using Robin's skincare junk after her first appearance in 2014.

And the woman they were focusing on "acted" so surprised! Shill really gets off on talking about Plastica's skinline!

21 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

my daughters friends are just jealous of me and think I could steal their boyfriends lol good god that mother is nuts be a parent to your child and stop trying to hang around your daughters friends 

All I could care about was the poor dog. Having to live in that chaos. So sad.

• Love 1