Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Who is going to support the Catfish fools when everything is gone is a real issue.   One woman who lost everything, and was still borrowing to send more, said something about moving in with her daughter.    The daughter said mother wasn't ever moving in with her, and I hope she stuck to that. 

That's my question also.  The one this week especially.   I don't really feel sorry for her at all.  It was really sort of creepy that she had so many sexual comments involving her "true love."   This lady isn't stupid.   This guy is the second man who has catfished her.   She apparently loves the excitement.

I feel sorry for the man who worked so hard (if that indeed is the case) to provide the retirement portfolio she had.  She just pi**ed it all away.

A lot of the catfish 'victims' really aren't.   There have been some who were accepting checks and money from other suckers, and sending it on to the scammer.   One woman was facing federal money laundering charges.    I'm betting that 95% of the catfish people on the show are sending more money to the scammer before they leave the studio parking lot.   The other 5% find another person to scam them, and I think all are willing victims.     The one that I watned to slap some sense into was the woman who's husband was sending money to at least five women in Mexico, was taking trips to see one of them, and I bet had another family with her.     The wife wasn't divorcing him, was about to lose the house, and still was sitting there on the stage refusing to accept that her financial life was over, and everything was gone.    

Some of the catfish people are very willing victims.      I wonder how many of their relatives tell them that they're on their own, and will never be moving in?   

Today's OWN rerun is Irina who is 78, sending every penny to her love muffin who is trapped in Nigeria, and she sends him a ton of money.   Irina's daughter says the police have talked to Irina twice about possible money laundering charges for her assistance to David Adams in cheating people. 

Irina thinks her Beanie Baby collectibles will be sold for many thousands of dollars, and rescue David Adams from his trouble.    I hope that Irina's son and daughter refuse to let her even stay with them, because you know one night in their home will turn into forever.       Irina's scamming the catfish too, she claims she's engaged to him, and they're going to marry, but she's separated, and not divorced from her current husband. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

Next week: another topical topic, another social media/gone viral themed episode and a random repeat (subject to change*).

2/28: 2 Years Later: Have Black Lives Changed?

Dr. Phil and guests analyze how life has changed for Black Americans in the almost-two years since the deaths of Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor and George Floyd, and the subsequent widespread Black Lives Matter protests demanding racial equality.

3/1: An Extreme Religious Group Starved Her Baby

Ria says that when she was 19, Queen Antoinette, the leader of 1 Mind Ministries, demanded Ria's toddler be starved, and tells of the mind control the leader had over her; Joy tells of reporting her mother, the leader of House of Prayer, to police.

3/2: My Tourette's Made Me Viral

Baylen says posting TikTok videos of her daily struggles with Tourette's syndrome helped her gain the confidence to go out in public again; Lele Pons also has OCD, Tourette's syndrome and depression but has had a different experience on social media.

3/3: Surprising Updates

Repeat from February 15

3/4: Pretty Panicked: Are My Parents My Triggers?

After having a tumor removed from her brain, Esther made a full recovery but has debilitating panic attacks and is tired of her parents treating her like a child; NFL Fox reporter Jay Glazer tells of battling anxiety and depression.

*Based on the lone repeat airing on a Thursday, I suspect that Friday's show will also end up being a repeat with the original topic airing on either the following Monday or a later date.

Edited by iHateAmpersands
On 2/23/2022 at 6:28 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

I don't think the situation regarding the married couple on today's show who never consummated their marriage got any better after they left; this was likely only done because it gave Robin an excuse to be on stage and get some more screen-time.

Speaking of Robin, I don't know how long they've been doing this, but I've noticed this week that when they first show her on camera when "Phillip" walks onstage she does this crooking motion with her finger similar to when someone makes air quotes.

She’s waving at him (with her fingers), I guess. 😏

Wow, I was surprised that Phil did not straight out tell the woman in the 13 year non-consummated marriage that she was an abuser.  She sure deflected every time Phil and/or Robin stated to say anything about her behavior.  The wife was crazy and I would not feel safe around her at all.

• Love 4
On 2/26/2022 at 3:28 PM, seacliffsal said:

Wow, I was surprised that Phil did not straight out tell the woman in the 13 year non-consummated marriage that she was an abuser.  She sure deflected every time Phil and/or Robin stated to say anything about her behavior.  The wife was crazy and I would not feel safe around her at all.

Typical Dr. Phil. He always goes very easy on female abusers, to the point of often not even acknowledging it, but he comes down hard and unequivocal on any hint of a man abusing a woman. Abuse is abuse and he should react just as firmly whether it is a man or a woman being abusive.

I remember clearly an episode in which a man described being physically abused on a regular basis by his female partner, who did not deny it. Dr. Phil said nothing until the man admitted that after repeated beatings one day he finally tried to defend himself by pushing her away, Dr. Phil immediately lectured him. "Don't you evah put your hannnnds on a woman!"

From that point on the conversation was all about how the man can never, ever raise his hand to a woman no matter what she is doing to him. She's hitting you? Leave the room. She has a weapon? Run away. She's trying to kill you? Call the police. But don't you ever put your hands on a woman.

He's the same way with emotional abuse. He can laugh at a woman being emotionally abusive to a man, but the same words to a woman means the man is a heinous abuser. "Isn't that right, Robin? Emotional abuse can be just as damaging to a woman as physical abuse?"

• Love 5

The young lady with Tourette's broke my heart.  This has to be one of the cruelest afflictions!  It seems like there must be a way to isolate the defective part of the brain that causes this and zap it with a laser or - SOMETHING!  It's good to bring awareness to this but if I was out in public and someone started making noises or throwing insults directed at me I would have a hard time being accepting and this would be prime material for those jerks who like to film obnoxious stunts for Tic Toc or Insta viral fame. 

• Love 2

Looks like next week is topical topics week, plus one rerun:

3/7: A Beautiful Rebellion

Women make headlines for rebelling against societal norms and embracing their unconventional beauty; a woman moves to America for beauty; a woman embraces body hair; a self-proclaimed lip-filler addict; a cosmetic surgeon; dangers of going too far.

3/8: When One Pill Kills

Four families come together to talk about the loss of their children, who purchased fentanyl-laced pills on social media and were killed within moments; the families demand changes to laws, policies and accountability from social media companies.

3/9: My Sisters Are Wrong: I Am Not a Drug Addict

Repeat from January 14th

3/10: Homelessness in America

Dr. Phil speaks with advocates, experts, residents and people currently experiencing homelessness to discuss the hotly contested social issue; he and Robin visit an RV community that has become a safe haven for people without homes.

3/11: Homelessness in America: Is There a Solution?

Residents say lax laws and social service programs that bring food and blankets to homeless people have caused an explosion of homelessness in their backyards; Dr. Phil visits a homeless community to speak with a couple living in an RV.

With how they always show Robin on camera these days making her "I've Got a Secret" face and having her give an opinion on the topics, the absence of both was glaring on the "Social Media vs Reality" episode from a while back when one of the guests talked about her plastic surgery obsession. I'm going to take a wild guess that we won't get any reactions from her on Monday's show either.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

When Robin was younger and more natural looking, she was so attractive and normal. Now she looks like a freak despite the denials of no plastic surgery. It may not be plastic surgery but it’s surely something!

• Love 1

Because of March Madness (for some reason) there's only three episodes this week.

3/14: 73 and Raising Another Grandchild

Linda's sister says the stress of raising a second grandchild and her adult daughter's instability have left Linda with terrible health issues.

3/15: Horror and Hope: How War Affects Us

Several people deeply and personally affected by the senseless violence both in Ukraine and elsewhere; a young man from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, a country whose history of conflict goes back centuries, hopes to change its future.

3/16: Public Health Issue: Suicide

As a string of high-profile stories dominate the news, Dr. Phil addresses the complex issue of suicide; family members left behind discuss working through their immense grief. [The on-screen graphic on today's show has this one airing on Tuesday.]

3/17: 68-Pound Anorexic Nutrition Counselor

Originally aired on November 1st

3/18: From Honor Roll to Wannabe Gangster

Originally aired on January 13th

• Love 1

Only one new episode next week:

3/21: Frozen by Fear

Two young women claim their phobias have completely taken over their lives; Bethany says she is terrified of pregnant women; Victoria says she refuses to eat at restaurants because she's terrified of eating or touching gluten.

The other four are these:

3/22: Out of Control or Provoked?!

Repeat from January 6th

3/23: To Catch an Online Child Predator

Repeat from December 8th

3/24: Bad Teen or Bad Parents?

Repeat from January 7th

3/25: Mexico Plastic Surgery Meltdown

Repeat from September 30th

On 3/18/2022 at 5:38 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

3/21: Frozen by Fear

Two young women claim their phobias have completely taken over their lives; Bethany says she is terrified of pregnant women; Victoria says she refuses to eat at restaurants because she's terrified of eating or touching gluten.

Don't go near pregnant women.  Eat at home.  Problem solved without wasting 45 minutes of our time.  Other 15 minutes will be spent on the Medicare lady or the gambling app (throw in 5 minutes for Robin's OMG close-ups).

• Love 3

Only one new episode again next week.

3/28: Love or Larceny: My Father's Fiancée Is Fake

Repeat from October 28th

3/29: Charlie Meets His "Fiancée" Face-to-Face

Repeat from October 29th

3/30: Fractured Family Fall Out!

Repeat from November 19th

3/31: Cassie's Choice: Husband or Children?

Repeat from November 22nd

4/1: Coping After a Crisis

A woman who is losing her hair needs help to get her self confidence back; after suffering a lot of bad luck, Eleni needs a change of attitude; Dr. Phil talks to singers David Foster and Katharine McPhee about their upcoming show in Las Vegas.

This is Friday, not Sunday.
On 3/29/2022 at 5:31 PM, chenoa333 said:

I'm getting all reruns this week. Is Phil too busy to make new episodes?  

Friday's episode was supposed to be the only new one this week, but it got moved up to be today's show instead. Take a look at the following description from Dr. Phil's website to see why this could have happened:

3/30: Coping After a Crisis

Deanna says she’s been really down on herself since she started losing her hair and was diagnosed with alopecia several years ago. She even wrote to Dr. Phil saying she thinks she’s “the ugliest woman in the world.” Deanna's best friend, Marcia, and husband, Tim, ask Dr. Phil if he can help change her attitude. See what happens when he enlists the help of celebrity wig designer Amy Gibson and style expert Alison Deyette!

There's also two new ones tomorrow and Friday:

3/31: The Youth Mental Health Crisis

Dr. Phil teams up with leading child behavioral expert Dr. Michele Borba to discuss the youth mental health crisis currently sweeping America. Dr. Phil meets Joselyn, a mother who says her son, Rakim, is totally out of control and will not cooperate with her. Rakim’s father, Robert, says his son’s biggest problem is Joselyn. Then, Janelle says her daughter, Kira, used to be an energetic cheerleader until the lockdown prevented her from engaging in her passion, and she is now a shell of her former self. Watch while Dr. Phil and Dr. Borba have a frank discussion about how negative parenting can damage a child’s development in a major way.

4/1/: “From Football Star to Manic Episodes: Can My Son Be Helped?”

Pattie says her son, Ridge, was a star football player and athlete in high school with dreams of studying agriculture in college. But once at college, Pattie says her son began experimenting with drugs and alcohol, and after a particularly severe hazing incident, he returned home with unusual behaviors and tics he never had before. Pattie’s friend Pamila wrote to Dr. Phil after witnessing Ridge’s odd behavior firsthand. Ridge’s sister, Rayne, says because her brother is an adult and doesn’t see a problem, the family’s hands are tied. Is there an explanation for Ridge’s sudden change? Watch as Dr. Phil attempts to help everyone navigate this delicate situation and get this family on a better path.

• Useful 1

I’m trying to figure out the message on the Youth Mental Health crisis.  Dr. Phil made if abundantly clear HE predicted this would happen, though I don’t think it takes a genius to know that covid, isolation, fear, death of family members, etc. all are likely to affect our mental health.   Is he saying the schools should not have closed?  I wonder if he’ll interview sick people who couldn’t get treated at the ER due to them overflowing with covid patients. When emergency services are overwhelmed, the spread has to be contained, thus school closed.  Sometimes, I wonder about him.  

• Love 1

Next week: three new episodes and two repeats.

4/4: Is Our Homeless Daughter Brainwashed, Lazy or Just Entitled?

Brenda's daughter, Autumn, lives off the grid somewhere in the desert in Arizona, without housing, money or a job.

4/5: Fractured Family Fall Out!

Repeat from November 19th; was supposed to be repeated this week

4/6: Cassie's Choice: Husband or Children?

Repeat from November 22nd; was supposed to be repeated this week

4/7: "The Tinder Swindler": His Accusers Speak

Cecile and Pernilla (Netflix's "The Tinder Swindler") say they believed they had met Prince Charming on Tinder -- but had no idea they were dealing with an international con man who would steal their life savings.

4/8: Deadly Travels: Rideshare Driver Kidnapped and Shot

A rideshare driver is left fighting for her life after being kidnapped, attacked and left for dead by a teen passenger; a single mother of five is jailed for letting her adolescent daughter babysit her younger child while she went to work.

These scheduling choices last couple weeks has been weird as hell. Why air a two-part repeat on Tuesday/Wednesday rather than Monday/Tuesday or Thursday/Friday

Next week is the same as last week, three new episodes (ripped from the headlines) and two repeats (went-from's):

4/11: The Sentencing of Jussie Smollett: Justified?; The Oscar Slap: The Aftermath of Explosive Anger

A panel of experts discuss the prosecution, sentencing, and release of Jussie Smollett and the infamous slap between Will Smith and Chris Rock at the Academy Awards.

4/12: My Husband Accuses Me of Cheating With Over 170 People

Repeat from January 21st

4/13: From Divorced Family to Drug Addict

Repeat from January 27th

4/14: The Many Faces of Anna Delvey

Journalist Alicia Quarles discusses the case of fake German heiress Anna Delvey.

4/15: Dr. Phil Exclusive: Anna Delvey and Friend Neff Tell All

Dr. Phil interviews Anna Delvey from the detention facility where she currently is being held; a friend of Anna's speaks out; Dr. Phil meets the videographer who traveled with Anna on a lavish vacation to Morocco.

I've realized that the reason for the recent Tuesday/Wednesday repeats is because those are the same two days that CBS Daytime programming is pre-empted for soccer, something I don't get since the average soccer/sports viewer doesn't watch daytime talk shows and the average daytime talk show viewer doesn't watch sports.

7 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Boy he jumped on that fast.  Did he tell them he was a mandated reporter?  Or offer Will Doc on Demand?

He did say that he's...surprise, surprise...friends with both of them.

• LOL 2

Next week: back to a full week of new shows.

4/18: Trapped in My Broken Relationship

Justin says that every day, he and his fiancée, Elizabeth, have loud, violent fights that have resulted in the police being called to their home 19 times in the past two years; she says he is abusive and has had him arrested for domestic violence.

4/19: True Crime Updates

Almost 10 years after appearing on the show, Mark Redwine was convicted of killing his 13-year-old son, Dylan, and other family members now update Dr. Phil; Cheryl returns, still fighting for justice for her grandchildren who died three months apart.

4/20: 14 Years Old and Full of Rage

The family of 14-year-old Marie say she is intelligent and capable but extremely violent, disrespectful and accusatory; she says her behavior is a reaction to how her family treats her; her only confidant, a neighbor, has pressed charges against her.

4/21: Our Toxic Mother's Past Is Destroying Our Future

Alicia and Shaniqua say they had an abusive upbringing with their mother, Naretha, and that their lives are still affected by it; their younger brother, Curtis, says he has distanced himself from the family because they are always out to get him.

4/22: My Father Was a Serial Killer

At 27, Deborah learned that her loving father, Robert Brashers, had lived a double life, and was responsible for a string of killings, sexual assaults and burglaries between 1985 and 1998; she says she feels contaminated and guilty for his sins.

I haven't been keeping up, but my DVR shows that Dr. Phil had 2 episodes on Anna Sorokin (aka Anna Delvey), the fake heiress, last week.  Recently, he did a show on the Tinder Swindler, where he recapped the Netflix movie and featured many clips and two primary women.  His timing is shortly after the hype dies down.

He doesn't deal with these types of stories on his podcast.  There, he was focused on murder mysteries or personality disorders.  And, he really didn't deal with the personality disorders of the Tinder Swindler on that episode.  He praised the women, instead.

I now believe that Dr. Phil must have a deal with Netflix - either these are paid placements, or he has an agreement for a certain number of shows per season and a set number of times that he casually mentions, "Robin and I have been married for 48 years, and we love to Netflix and chill," to wild audience applause.

Edited by Grifter Lives
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

According to the previews yesterday, the only part of the violent teen girl that will be seen on today's show is a close-up of her lips. Why they did that rather than blur her face is beyond me.

Everybody she goes to school with knows who she is. The whole damn town knows.

And more importantly, I feel sad for this girl to have such fucked up parents. I don't care where your'e from, Honduras or Mars, you do not abuse a child claiming "it's discipline where I'm from". 

• Love 1

Next week: Snoresville except for Thursday and Friday.

4/25: The Psychological Weight of Obesity

Obesity and mental issues including depression and anxiety; a woman who used to weigh 700 pounds advocates for a healthy lifestyle; a woman says she is body positive and proud; a former mental health counselor; Brooke Burke discusses her health app.

4/26: Marriage on Hiatus

Repeat from November 24th

4/27: Three Generations of Problems

Donna says that ever since she gained guardianship of her three grandchildren, 14-year-old Emilie has been out of control, so she sent her to live with Nancy, her mother; the grandchildren say Emilie is not the problem.

4/28: I Disregarded Dr. Phil's Advice!

Years ago, Lois came to Dr. Phil to investigate men she was talking to online and learned that she was being scammed; now she says that one of them is struggling to survive and she wants Dr. Phil's help to get him to the U.S. so they can be together.

4/29: Lois Meets "Fred" Face-to-Face: Will She Finally Believe?

Dr. Phil's investigation of Lois' online boyfriend continues with a visit to Jamaica; recent guest Jane says she put her house on the market for her online boyfriend, "Jonathan," and was introduced to the real man in the photos onstage.

So Thursday is a follow up to a Catfish episode.   So, the suspicion I always had that the Catfish victims are total fools, and refuse to believe their foreign love object is a scammer is proved to be right.     I may tape that one, just to see the look on Dr. Phil, and the audience members faces when Lois announces she wants Phil to get her boyfriend into the U.S. 

The hardcore fans of the catfish episodes probably know ways to get their fix between Phil's airings, but I thought I'd pass this along.  There's a Youtube channel called Catfished that is dedicated to helping people who think they're the victim of a romance scam.  These are real people (so they say, but who knows) who are in long-distance "relationships" but have a nagging sense that something isn't quite right.  The Catfished team does research to find out the facts for the scam-ee and come back with their results.  Needless to say the results turn out like most of Phil's guests.  

I have no sympathy for 99% of the scammed ones, so this is gonna sound mean.  I just watched a video of a 400lb man who thought he was engaged to a Megan Thee Stallion lookalike Instagram influencer with 500K followers.  Really dude? The fact that she was a gorgeous model type and he was a lumpy blue-collar guy just never fazed him.   After she started asking for money, he started to think something ain't kosher and decided to have Catfished investigate for him.  Guess where the texts were originating from... begins with "N". 

I could go on forever ridiculing these people, but it would get boring, so here's the link.  Catfished

Edited by patty1h
  • Useful 2
On 4/22/2022 at 5:02 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

Next week: Snoresville except for Thursday and Friday.

So, in other words, 4/25 is an infomercial for Brooke Burke's fitness app.  Got it. 

• Love 2

I just read an article about the "cash me outside" girl.  It seems she has made 52 million showing all the perverts her goodies on onlyfans.  Goes to show that when you work hard - you will be rewarded.....lol

• LOL 2

I've read of quite a few people making a ton of money on Only Fans, or other  online sites that are adult content.   I'm surprised at the total amount she claims to have earned, but I bet she'll spend everything. 

I personally heard one woman say she made at least $20k a month, paid her college and grad school tuition, and supported herself very well on the proceeds.  

On 3/22/2022 at 7:45 AM, parrotfeathers said:

Am I the only one who sees how much Dr. P has aged in the last 5 years?   He doesn't act anything like he did even last year.

I noticed it specifically in the phobia episode.  He wasn’t his usual spunky self.  He was a rambling grandpa.  It made me a bit sad.

• Love 1
On 4/8/2022 at 4:23 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

Next week is the same as last week, three new episodes (ripped from the headlines) and two repeats (went-from's):

I've realized that the reason for the recent Tuesday/Wednesday repeats is because those are the same two days that CBS Daytime programming is pre-empted for soccer, something I don't get since the average soccer/sports viewer doesn't watch daytime talk shows and the average daytime talk show viewer doesn't watch sports.

Raises hand……I do, I do.  😂😂

The Lois in today's episode is the same woman who was getting catfished by three men (one called "The General") and believed that "white money" that was given to her was real. It's now two years later and she:

1) still believes the white money was real.

2) still thinks one of the men ("Fred") needs her help getting out of his current "predicament".

3) still doing the "I don't know, I don't know" routine.

She doesn't just need mental help, she needs to be in a group home with limited internet access.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Today's show was a combination of sad and frustrating. Some people are so stupid and/or deranged that nobody can help them. This woman will go to her grave still believing in these swindlers, and she will be destitute from giving all of her money away to crooks. To modify an old saying: Swindle me once, shame on you; swindle me five, ten, fifteen times, shame on me.

• Love 1

Catfish victims rarely are, some are even co-conspirators with the so-called scammer.  Lois first appeared as the idiot in Dr. Phil's village two years ago.   And now Lois thinks her boyfriends The General, Paul Shaw (scammer ripped off a photo from a real man), and Fred Adler (Fred isn't as dead as Lois thought he was) are all real.   

She admits she gave $100,000 to the scammers, in return the General sent her counterfeit money, hidden under chemical covers, a former secret service agent tells her the money is counterfeit.      Lois called the producers recently, and she says she wasn't scammed by The General, and now he's trapped overseas.   Lois claims the Paul she met wasn't the real Paul, and Fred isn't a phony either.      Lois says all three scammers exist, and Fred is now in Jamaica, he's having problems there, and she wants Dr. Phil to help the scammer.    Lois sent $300 for Fred to go from Africa to Jamaica.   Now poor Fred is having issues in Jamaica.  Poor Fred (sarcastic of course) has been robbed, kidnapped, and ambushed on the way to the airport, and took his $100k from him.  Lois sent $10k to Fred via cryptocurrency in Jamaica.   

I feel sorry for Candice, Lois' daughter.   (Let me interject, I bet Lois's backup plan when she's broke is to move in and mooch on her daughter, I would get a restraining order, block Lois on everything, and move leaving no forwarding address).   

Lois says Fred can't get over the border to leave Jamaica.  As we all know, Jamaica is an island, so no borders.   So, the garbage about Fred being trapped is ridiculous.   Previously, Fred was trapped in NYC, because he couldn't find a Bank of America branch there, but there are 103 BOA branches in NYC.    Fred also took one day to get 7,600+ miles from Lagos, Nigeria to Jamaica, on a boat.     The world's fastest ship would take at least 4 days minimum for the same trip.   

Lois will never stop believing her fictitious boyfriends are fake.  

(The closed captions are on my TV, and they're hysterically wrong today) 

Dr. Phil has an investigator in Kingston, looking for where the scammer says he's living near.    Investigator goes to the grocery store Fred lives near, and no one has ever seen Fred.  Must be a great area, the police officer the investigator talks to is carrying an entire armory, and has his face covered.    Lois refuses to believe the Fred is a liar, and that she's a total fool.   Dr. Phil points out that for someone living on the streets in Kingston, that Fred's photo was taken in a golf cart, with a set of golf clubs on the back of the cart, and the tree in the background doesn't grow in Jamaica, but was taken at Pine Island Golf Club in Charlotte, NC.    

Lois believes nothing Dr. Phil or anyone is saying.   Dr. Phil's dramatic moment is coming after the commercial, saying someone in flying in to see her, but it isn't Fred.  

I have no idea who the special guest is.   I can't take any more of this.  Lois denies everything that was proven to her the first show about her three online boyfriends, and still denies any of them are fakers.   She's hopeless. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4