Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

I taped the show on Friday, but when I played it back, it was the most screwed up, jumbled mess of THREE separate Phil shows - the drag queen makeup teen, the spoiled blonde teen, and the woman shot in the face. I don't know what happened! I really wanted to see the end of the show about the spoiled girl, but it never finished :( 

• Love 1

April 6 - April 10, 2015

All New Week

Monday

Decades of Hatred, Accusations and Altercations: A Fight for Custody That’s Tearing a Mother and Daughter
Marsha says she fought for -- and won -- custody of her grandsons because of what she calls her daughter, Brooke’s, dangerous, drug-using lifestyle. Now she says her relationship with her daughter is filled with mistrust, false accusations of abuse and bitter resentment. Marsha says she’s afraid to be around Brooke because she is often violent, and Marsha has called the police on her three times. Brooke admits she has used drugs in the past but says she is trying to make up for her mistakes and be a better mother -- but Marsha makes it difficult. She claims Marsha is abusive to the boys, locks them in the basement and isolates them from friends and family -- all of which Marsha denies. Dr. Phil sits everyone down in search of answers -- can this mother and daughter resolve their conflict?

Tuesday

"Is Our Son a Kleptomaniac?"
Nancy and Mark say their 18-year-old son, Chris, has been a thief and a liar for most of his life, and after taking him to dozens of doctors and holding him accountable for his actions, nothing has helped. They say Chris regularly steals items such as DVDs, candy, watches and money -- from department stores, family and neighbors -- and shows no remorse for his actions. Chris admits he gets a rush from stealing and says it’s bound to happen if he’s left alone. Does he have any desire to change? Chris’ 21-year-old sister, Meredith, says she resents having to “babysit” her brother and put her life on hold just to keep him on track. Dr. Phil brings the family together in search of answers and a resolution. Is Chris a kleptomaniac, like Nancy and Mark fear? What’s at the root of his behavior? And, how can Chris regain his family’s trust and take control of his life?

Wednesday

"I've Divorced My Ex Twice, but I’m Still in Love"
Gwen says she has married and divorced Derrick twice -- but she would take a third trip down the aisle if he would just get some help and fess up to his mistakes. Gwen claims that while married, Derrick hit her, stole from her, disappeared for months at a time and missed the birth of their child, among other offenses. What does she say she found on his phone that she calls deeply disturbing? And, why would she still consider giving him another chance? Derrick says Gwen is a "vindictive, sadistic succubus" who is out to ruin his life -- but if she could stop being that way, he’d love to be a family again. Concerned for the children caught in the middle of the dysfunction, Dr. Phil combs through the accusations from each side. Does this couple have a future together as spouses -- or as co-parents only?

Thursday

"My Mother Gambled $2.5 Million Away and Blames Me for Being Broke"
Carie says her mother, Diane, was once a successful jewelry store owner who lived the high life in Las Vegas, but she gambled away $2.5 million and now lives in an RV -- and she blames Carie for her troubles. Carie says she has tried to help her mother get back on her feet and even gave her a car -- which she says Diane thumbed her nose at -- and she’s fed up with her mother’s mooching and manipulating. Diane says her daughter should want to help her, because she provided her with a lavish lifestyle growing up. She also claims Carie left her high and dry when she needed her most, and she wants an apology. Dr. Phil reunites mother and daughter for the first time in more than a year. Did Carie turn her back on her mom, or is Diane lacking accountability? Don’t miss Dr. Phil’s advice for mother and daughter. Can they make amends and move forward in peace?

Friday

A Beautiful Teen Forced to Live a Horrible Nightmare: "I Was Held Captive by an Online 'Friend'"
Hope, 17, says three years ago, after an argument with her family, she posted a mean message about her mother online -- and her life took a dramatic turn, when a woman responded and said Hope could stay with her. After accepting the offer, Hope says she never could have anticipated what happened next: Hope says she was drugged, beaten and forced into sex slavery for three horrific weeks before finally being rescued -- an ordeal she says still haunts her. Hope says her mother, Desiree, lacks sympathy and wants her to just get over the past. Emotions run high when this mother and daughter sit down with Dr. Phil. Desiree insists she, too, was a victim in all this, but she has managed to keep moving forward. She says she loves Hope and has done her best to support her, including financially, but she can’t anymore -- especially when she says Hope continues to make mistakes. Don’t miss Dr. Phil’s candid advice for Desiree -- will it have an impact? Is there any chance for mending this relationship? And, how can Hope finally begin to heal?

• Love 1

I can't even take a half an hour of these two old bats on Monday's show.  And I say that as an old bat.  I have a lack of programming choices on over the air tv but remembered MeTv started showing classic Star Trek this hour.  The wrath of Khan it is!

• Love 2

I can't even take a half an hour of these two old bats on Monday's show.  And I say that as an old bat.  I have a lack of programming choices on over the air tv but remembered MeTv started showing classic Star Trek this hour.  The wrath of Khan it is!

That funny you should say that about MeTV. We have to have cable because we live between two mountain ranges and reception via digital aerial is impossible. Our cable is basic and at first I used to laugh about MeTV but now I find myself watching all the fifties shows late at night/early a.m. I'd forgotten how good some of those really are!

Yesterday's show with the 18 year old who steals.  What an enabling family.  He has stolen from them plenty of times -- thousands of dollars -- why don't they press charges?  He has absolutely no incentive to stop stealing.  And, he's 18 -- boot him out of the house, make him get a job, etc.  And Dr.Shill's question to viewers was "If you had a family member who stole from you, could you forgive and trust again?"  Two separate questions, Phil.  Could I forgive? Yes.  Would I trust again? No.

• Love 3

I love this thread!

I just deleted all the unwatched shows from the last two weeks except Klepto Kid.  I can't resist the ones where the parents are tearing their hair out because they have a snotty kid they won't do anything to change.

• Love 1

I thought today's sado-masochistic couple was a match made in heaven.  They both love that crap.  She's enjoying the drah-mah and he loves to dish out the disappearing acts soliciting random sex partners while staying at a long term motel.

• Love 1

I thought today's sado-masochistic couple was a match made in heaven.  They both love that crap.  She's enjoying the drah-mah and he loves to dish out the disappearing acts soliciting random sex partners while staying at a long term motel.

Nailed it!

(edited)

Those two deserve each other.  At least if they're together it may spare two other people from them.  And yea, what's up with his head?  I know it's not something he can't help, but how can you not stare and/or laugh?

Edited by camom

What was up with Thursday's gambling mom. She was, excuse my language, a mega bitch! She has absolutely no intention of changing and no interest in anything besides herself. The good doctor's advice kind of sucked too, "You can love somebody without liking them."

Huh? How does this help? Theoretically, the words are true but I would have also told the daughter that she can and probably should love her mom from far, far away. Mommy's toxic and you don't need to deal with that on a regular basis.

• Love 3

The Gambling Mom was the first complete episode I've watched in weeks, and I just don't get Phil's methods anymore. He rips into every mother on the show who's at her wit's end trying to deal with some "precious child" from hell, but this one he handles with kid gloves. He had no useful advice for the daughter and treated her mother-in-law like she was the problem. That daughter probably left the show feeling worse than ever and thinking that her mother will change. Honey, I can tell you from experience that ain't gonna happen; she's erased all the bad things from her memory so she can continue to be the victim.

• Love 2

The daughter could have had a semi-decent relationship with her mom as long as they lived far apart and saw each other infrequently.  But I don't think gambling mom was interested in any relationship that didn't involve cash.  The daughter should walk away and not look back.  At least she has other family that loves her.  Dr. Shill's "advice" was horrible.

• Love 1

"I've Divorced My Ex Twice, but I’m Still in Love"

This one infuriated me over the way Dr. Phil questioned the ex-husband about reporting domestic abuse. He asked him if she had split his lip or broken a bone in a real sarcastic way as if belittling the ex-husband's manhood but domestic abuse is never OK and the crazy ex-wife had clearly been trying to drum up false allegations about him abusing her. It was also irritating that Dr. Phil caught the ex-wife in at least two documented lies but he didn't seem to press her on those and continued to act like the ex-husband was dealing with a sane person which he clearly was not. On the other hand - I totally believe the ex-husband smacked the dog with the uneaten flip-flop.

All New Week

Monday - April 13, 2015

Accusations of Abuse and Violence: "Can Our Marriage Be Saved?"

Anthony, 26, and Melinda, 25, say their year-and-a-half marriage is on the brink, and they need help for the sake of their children. Melinda claims Anthony is controlling and abusive, uses drugs and spoils his 4-year-old daughter from a previous relationship. She says she worries about his 15-month-old child with her. After one recent explosive fight, in which Melinda says that Anthony refused to hand over their child, she moved six hours away and filed for divorce. Anthony admits he has been physically abusive with Melinda but claims she has attacked him as well, and he says he has the video to prove that her anger is out of control. With one child together and another on the way, can this couple learn to peacefully co-parent for the sake of all the kids? Also, Anthony’s ex-girlfriend and mother of his first child makes an impassioned plea to Melinda. Will it make an impact?

Tuesday - April 14, 2015

"Keep My Ex-Daughter-in-Law Away From My Family"

Thelma says her ex-daughter-in-law, Kim, was horrible to her son, Kenny, during their 16-year marriage and was a terrible mother to their six children. She accuses Kim of having had multiple affairs, used drugs and abandoned her family for months at a time. Thelma says that after Kenny finally divorced Kim three years ago, he suffered serious emotional difficulties, and Thelma stepped in and gained custody of her grandchildren, because she claims Kim wouldn’t step up. Thelma says Kenny still talks to Kim every day and gives her money — and Thelma has had it with what she calls watching Kim take advantage. Is Kim manipulating Kenny for money? Kenny admits he enables his ex-wife but says he just wants her to clean up her life and repair her relationship with their children. Kim admits she has battled addiction and was not the best wife but says she would “walk through fire for her children.” She says Thelma is “evil” and needs to stop bashing her to her kids. Dr. Phil intervenes in this family feud — can they stop the mudslinging and learn to peacefully co-parent? Then, Kim and Kenny’s two grown children speak out. Do they say they want a relationship with their mother?

Wednesday - April 15, 2015

Out of Control, Out of Patience and Out of Time

Jennifer says she’s at her wits’ end with her 13-year-old son’s behavioral problems. She says he’s angry and violent, starts fires, threatens to kill people and claims he sees vampires who tell him what to do. Jennifer says her son is so out of control that she, her boyfriend and their two children sleep in a locked bedroom for safety. After five hospitalizations, countless therapists and a myriad of prescribed medications, Jennifer says she’s out of options. Dr. Phil takes a look at the family’s home videos -- and calls some parenting techniques into question. What's at the root of the boy's bad behavior? And, Jennifer’s son opens up about what life is like in his family. What, if anything, might Jennifer be doing wrong? And, how can they calm the chaos and get this teen on the right path?

Thursday - April 16, 2015

A Family Fighting over a Double-Murder/Psychic Medium John Edward Returns!

In December 2008, Linda and Steven Riley were found brutally stabbed to death in their home. Their only son, Matt, found the bodies — and was arrested. He eventually was convicted of their murders and is now serving two consecutive life sentences. Matt’s aunt, Angela, says she knows her nephew is innocent — and places the blame for his conviction on his wife, Jenny, who she says changed her story multiple times and testified against her husband during his trial. Why does she believe Jenny lied under oath? Then, Angela and Jenny face each other for the first time since the 2011 trial. Find out why Jenny says she has no doubt that her husband killed his parents. And, Jenny asks Dr. Phil for the opportunity to take a polygraph test. What will the results reveal? Then, world-renowned psychic medium John Edward is back! Watch as a skeptical Dr. Phil sits down for a personal reading — what will John see? Plus, see what happens when John does a reading for Dr. Phil’s audience — and what he has to say share with Dr. Phil’s first guest, Angela. Will his message bring her any comfort or closure?

Friday - April 17, 2015

An Ex Accused of Stalking, Obsession and Abuse: Who's Telling the Truth?

Jennifer says she and her husband, Freddie, divorced four months ago, but she claims he is obsessed with her and refuses to let her go. She says he drives past her house repeatedly, watches her through her windows, calls her 100 times a week — accusing her of sleeping with other men — and has even snuck into her house to go through her belongings. Freddie denies all of Jennifer’s allegations and says the only reason she divorced him is because she is abusing prescription pain medication and is not thinking clearly. Jennifer says her decision to divorce Freddie was made with clarity — and she admits she abuses pain pills but claims she does so because of Freddie’s behavior. The couple admit their children are caught in the middle of the turmoil. Dr. Phil reads a recent note from their 6-year-old — will it be a wake-up call for both of them? Then, five siblings open up about the tragic day they lost their mother, police officer Brenda Sexton, who was brutally beaten to death by her boyfriend in August of 2000. (Robin McGraw, along with her foundation, When Georgia Smiled, has a surprise in honor of Brenda. And, three sisters who lost their mother to a horrific act of domestic violence share their mission to empower and educate women.)

Monday - April 13, 2015

Accusations of Abuse and Violence: "Can Our Marriage Be Saved?"

Anthony, 26, and Melinda, 25, say their year-and-a-half marriage is on the brink, and they need help for the sake of their children. Melinda claims Anthony is controlling and abusive, uses drugs and spoils his 4-year-old daughter from a previous relationship. She says she worries about his 15-month-old child with her. After one recent explosive fight, in which Melinda says that Anthony refused to hand over their child, she moved six hours away and filed for divorce. Anthony admits he has been physically abusive with Melinda but claims she has attacked him as well, and he says he has the video to prove that her anger is out of control. With one child together and another on the way, can this couple learn to peacefully co-parent for the sake of all the kids? Also, Anthony’s ex-girlfriend and mother of his first child makes an impassioned plea to Melinda. Will it make an impact?

Am I the only one who thinks Dr. Phil has become a safe-haven for drama-queens to air out their issues and get sympathy from Dr. Phil and the Joker? I don't want to make light of domestic violence or abuse, but I think what needs to be said about that sort of has been said, at least in relation to Phil's show. A lot of women don't stay with abusive men because they simply don't know they shouldn't tolerate it; they stay because they choose to. I think that would be a better, and dare I say, more powerful message than the self-help victimhood narrative that constantly gets peddled. You always have a choice.

• Love 3

Come on, Dr Phil, the word "reconciliation" should have never been uttered in the case of the laughing, sadistic, bat shit crazy mother.  If there was ever a parent one should walk away from, without ever looking back, it was her.  There is no closure to be found.  There is no end to the abuse.  The older sister, who was also abused, was too closely aligned with the diabolical mother to be anything but toxic.  Beth has only one option: run.

• Love 7

One of today's guests wrote a letter to Dr. Phil stating (and I'm paraphrasing) that she trusts the show would not offer the services of a "quack" or charlatan on the program - then they roll out psychic medium John Edward! Ha, ha! When did this show begin to delve into comedy?

I rolled my eyes at that too.  Well, I did until I saw Edwards nail some things.  I believe that Dr. Phil would never do a set up.  So I am now questioning my judgement of Edwards.  I thought he was a phony and fished for information but he didn't do it as much as I thought I had seen previously.  

John Edwards does what is called "cold readings." If you look it up you will see how Edwards does what he does. Smoke and mirrors expert he is.

I used to really like Whiskey & Cigarettes Silvia on Montel and I adored Sonya, the animal psychic, but John Edwards only inspires me to shower and sluice off the oil slick.

I guess I'll pass on JE and Phil staring deeply into each other's fakiness for the camera. Snort

• Love 1

I see something connected to bullshit, or the smell thereof on the stage... is anyone on the stage connected to bullshit?  Your names?  OK Mr Edwards and Dr Phil, does this bullshit come from under your hats, or does it come from inside your pants?  I sense a very strong bullshit connection, or is it horse manure? Hogwash?  I am definite on farm animal excrements.  OK, so it's from under your hats.  Just answer "yes" if you have shit for brains.

• Love 4

Another All New week...

Monday - April 20, 2015

"I Believe My Parents are Enabling My Freeloading, Drug-Using, Model Brother & It Needs to Stop Today!"

Anthony says he fears his 29-year-old brother, Jamie, a fitness model and personal trainer, won’t live to see 30 if he doesn’t get serious help with his addictions. Anthony says Jamie has struggled for years with cocaine, alcohol and anger issues — all of which he says are exacerbated by their “enabling” parents, Steve and Joey. Jaime admits to past substance abuse issues but says he has been totally clean for two weeks and has things under control. Emotions run high when this family comes face to face on Dr. Phil’s stage. Steve and Joey admit they have helped Jamie with rent, car payments and spending money, because they say they love him and want to support him. But is that money really being used to fund his addiction? Then, Anthony claims Jamie has another serious issue he needs to address. But the accusation causes Jamie to storm off stage. Don’t miss Part 2 tomorrow — will he return and face his problems head-on?

Tuesday - April 21, 2015

My Model Brother Wants My Parents to Keep His Secret — Why He Stormed Off the Stage

Dr. Phil continues his intervention with Jamie, a fitness model who admits he has struggled with drug and alcohol addiction for years. Jamie’s brother, Anthony, says their parents have enabled Jamie at every turn — including failing to acknowledge Jamie’s other serious problem, which he refuses to discuss. After storming off stage, Jamie rejoins the conversation. Is he ready to be completely honest with his family — and with himself? Dr. Phil has a sobering wake-up call for Jamie — and for his parents. Will Jamie finally get the help he needs to get clean — and stay clean for good? Plus, last month, Dr. Phil sat down with Nick Gordon, boyfriend of Whitney Houston’s daughter, Bobbi Kristina, for an interview that quickly turned into an intervention. How is Nick doing now? Hear the message he has for viewers.

Wednesday - April 22, 2015

Cleveland Abduction: The Michelle Knight Movie and the Brutal Scenes She Couldn't Face

In 2013, Michelle Knight captured America's heart when she first revealed to Dr. Phil the terrifying details of the torture and abuse she suffered for more than 10 years at the hands of kidnapper Ariel Castro. Since that time, Michelle has gone from traumatized victim to empowered survivor and best-selling author with her book, Finding Me: A Decade of Darkness, a Life Reclaimed: A Memoir of the Cleveland Kidnappings. Now, Michelle’s story comes to life onscreen in the Lifetime TV movie Cleveland Abduction. Stars of the movie Taryn Manning and Raymond Cruz join Michelle onstage to talk about the challenges of portraying the characters who made headlines. How does Michelle feel about seeing her real-life nightmare played out on television? Then, Renatta says she lost three loved ones to drug and alcohol addiction and has since turned to food to cope with her grief. How can she avoid falling prey to what she believes is her family’s curse of addiction?

Thursday - April 23, 2015

A Deadly Love Affair: The Widow, The Lover and The Spouse Behind Bars

It was a story that made headlines, filled with the kind of details you might find in a romantic thriller: In 2011, Ashlee's husband, Emmett, was having an affair with a co-worker named Kandi when he was shot and killed by Kandi's husband. The story rocked their small Idaho town and left two families forever changed. Kandi’s husband, Rob, who claimed he acted in self-defense, was convicted of second-degree murder and sentenced to 30 years in prison. For the first time since the trial four years ago, Ashlee and Kandi come face to face on Dr. Phil’s stage. What happened that fateful night? Kandi was the closest witness — what does she remember? And, Ashlee says she had no idea Emmett was having an affair, but Kandi claims she wasn’t his only extra-marital partner. Plus, Kandi claims Ashlee has tried to ruin her by smearing her name in books and blogs. How does Ashlee respond? And, hear Rob’s statement from behind bars. How can both families begin to make peace with the past and move forward?

Friday - April 24, 2015

Exclusive: The Co-Eds and the Catfish

In one of the most twisted and bizarre love deceptions ever covered on Dr. Phil, seven female college students from Brigham Young University face the man they say they fell in love with online but never met in person. In a surprising twist, their one-time Prince Charming reveals that he, too, was victimized — by a catfish who stole his identity. Tune in as the real person who lured these young women into fake relationships comes forward. Who would orchestrate such a tangled web of deception — and why? Can these co-eds find forgiveness and gain closure?

I didn't watch so I'm going to ask. What did Robbin Robin do for those people on Friday? How bad was the self promotion?

I turned it off because it came up 36 min into the show and I just couldn't. What the hell does she know about domestic abuse to be an expert.  On the other hand maybe she is.

• Love 3

The television show Leverage, season 2 episode 13 "The Future Job", with Luke Perry as the psychic, laid out exactly how psychics work in a very clear and concise way. It was taken from an actual psychic show, who's name I can't remember because of my DayQuil (non-drowsy my ass). That big-named psychic skeptic that was always trying to get Sylvia Brown to take his challenge, busted him, and I think the psychic went to jail for fraud. I will look it up if I every remember the names, but if anyone is interested on how it works, Leverage is a great show.

My mom and I used to watch Sylvia, and wonder how she did it. We were always skeptical, but she seemed to have quite a few hits. Although, when she missed, it was big. I read about cold reading, but never really grasped the background info they would get, or how people really only remember the hits. The Long Island Medium woman is too obviously set up; I can't even watch her show to snark on it.

• Love 3

Another All New week...

I appreciate you adding these each week. It's what I use to see if I want to bother watching.  Dr. Phil angers me sooo much, that I typically don't watch unless something seems interesting. Especially his blaming men for the women in their lives beating on him.

• Love 5
It's more complicated than that. It's extreme manipulation coupled with cognitive dissonance plus often a history of childhood abuse. Plus it's harder if there are kids involved. I'd never judge the decisions of a battered person re:their relationship since I can't imagine what it's like to be abused by a SO.

I wouldn't say it's necessary to judge, per se. But I think Dr. Phil and Robin keep beating the same drum of "it's never gonna get better", "he's never gonna change", "you don't deserve this", "it's only gonna get worse if you stay"...and that gives the woman zero incentive to smarten up and leave. When you frame domestic abuse as a choice, nothing more, nothing less, it does two things: 1) it excuses the rest of the world from sympathizing with you when you'd rather itemize every awful thing your spouse has done than press charges on his ass and leave, and 2) it creates a context for the abuse in that you understand every day you stay with an abuser is a day you've made a choice to do so. No it's not always simple or easy, but it's still a choice. No woman deserves to be abused, mentally or physically, but that doesn't mean shit if I know it. She has to know it and act accordingly.

The television show Leverage, season 2 episode 13 "The Future Job", with Luke Perry as the psychic, laid out exactly how psychics work in a very clear and concise way. It was taken from an actual psychic show, who's name I can't remember because of my DayQuil (non-drowsy my ass). That big-named psychic skeptic that was always trying to get Sylvia Brown to take his challenge, busted him, and I think the psychic went to jail for fraud. I will look it up if I every remember the names, but if anyone is interested on how it works, Leverage is a great show.

My mom and I used to watch Sylvia, and wonder how she did it. We were always skeptical, but she seemed to have quite a few hits. Although, when she missed, it was big. I read about cold reading, but never really grasped the background info they would get, or how people really only remember the hits. The Long Island Medium woman is too obviously set up; I can't even watch her show to snark on it.

Yes.  I just went back and rewatched that episode on Netflix.  One of the worst parts about 'cold readings' is that the person doing the reading has to have a very good awareness of personal and social cues to pull it off, yet they use that ability to hurt others.

As for Sylvia Brown, was she that woman who went on a talk show and told the mother of a toddler who went missing in a park that he was OK?  I saw that show, the 'psychic' said that the child was taken by a couple who couldn't have children and were drawn to him, so they lured him away and as they were driving away, the boy was looking out the back window, seeing his mom in the park, and was confused about why he was being taken away.  But the people who took him were misguided and treating him well.  Her son was in a good spot, but his 'aura' or whatever was still telling his mom that he's OK, and someday he'll come back to her again, and he loved her very much.

The poor mother was sobbing uncontrollably while hearing all that.  She was grasping at straws, hoping against hope that her son wasn't being mistreated and would come home again, and the audience was applauding.  It was sickening.

A year or two later the boy's body was found in the park and it turned out that a pedophile had gotten to him.  No need to go further with the story.

• Love 1

Did anyone catch the "model boy" episode today? He looked like every over steroided guy you see. Um... buddy you think that people aren't aware you do steroids? He even had the 'roid rage hair they all wear. And that look is NOT a handsome one. The overbuilt upper body that is probably hiding shrunken testicles from the steroids. Even the clothes he wore were a cliche'.

HIs girlfriend wasn't too bright, thank goodness. But if she had been then it would have meant he had something underneath that fake veneer. Loved it when his dad kept saying 'you can do anything if you get sober.' Um no Dad, he's been a leech and parasite off of you and your wife and has absolutely no social or employment skills unless you are counting his posing in the mirror.

And boy, did Dr. Phil lay into his mother for what seemed to be almost typical protective mom behavior. You would have thought she was the one buying the booze and loading up the syringes. Getting into her face like that. Whew! She was beaten down by Phil pure and simple. It really made me dislike him even more.

• Love 3

It's almost like Phil is working out some personal feelings about mothers by reading the riot act to ones on the show who just need help and treating the horrible monsters with kid gloves. Hey Phil, you can't change what you don't acknowledge! 

• Love 3

He has become awful about laying into mothers lately.  Of course, some things come from raising, but there is a point where personal responsibility comes into play.  He has quit holding people accountable for their own actions and found someone else to blame.  Then he sends the person doing the acting out to one of his vacation resorts.

Speaking of treatment, yesterday was one of the first follows ups in eons.  Of the dozens he's sent away to his buddies, the success rate appears rather puny.

It seems that more and more we are hearing from guests who say that they were misled or lied to by the Dr. Phil staff.  He gets highly indignant, but I tend to believe most of them.  I do think they are often misled or told half truths.  Yesterdays guests (man killed by his mistresses husband) is a good example.

• Love 1

I'm looking forward to today's episode of seven little girls sittin' in the back seat with Fred. Ok, it's another catfish show & I probably will watch. But every time I see the promotion, I think of that old song.

I think yesterday's show with the wife, the husband's mistress who husband killed the other husband went in the wrong direction and Phil told the wrong woman off. The wife has never accepted that her sainted husband was not happy with her and their 5 children. Of course, he was a heel for cheating and the way he treated his wife. But I felt the mistress acknowledged it and the wife is enjoying her pity party a little too much. I know it's hard to lose your spouse especially when he supported her in a style she wanted to continue and wouldn't have if she divorced him. But her shock that her husband could be attracted to such an "old" woman was rather amusing. The wife doesn't have to back off her grief, grief is what it is, but she needs to learn to let go of the blame game. But maybe I missed some important points.

• Love 2

The letter at the end where the murder blamed his victim for the murder was beyond disgusting but it looks like Robert Hall got everything he wanted by killing the man his "perfect" family, his wife and children to be there to "support" him. What a piece of garbage. His wife was no better. When she started talking about how quickly the widow remarried and how her new husband was driving her dead husban's truck it just sounded like jealousy and Khandi would probably lay down with the new hubby if he would give her prematurely aged self a second look. I wonder if it's the same truck Khandi and Emmett had sex in before Rob hunted them down and murdered Emmett. Plus the widow is gorgeous. Hard to believe she's had five children. Ms. Hall, based on her actions with Mr. Corrigan and based on her conviction for embezzeling from her employer, has no morals and her performance on the Dr. Phil show demonstrates she has no remorse whatsoever.

I turned it off because it came up 36 min into the show and I just couldn't. What the hell does she know about domestic abuse to be an expert.  On the other hand maybe she is.

You don't have to be abused to help women in that position.  Many people do charity work that has nothing to with personal experience. 

I always turn it off when Robin comes on.  I am not interested in the subject, though sympathetic, and I don't like Robin.  

The catfish theme has played itself out.  The promo telegraphed that a woman was behind it.  ho hum  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 

• Love 1

The catfish show made me appreciate the MTV catfish show more. The MTV show makes an effort to see things from both sides. When the fraudulent party is exposed Nev and Max do a good job of balancing condemnation with sympathy and a search for the reasons they behaved the way they did, and with that, the outcome tends to be positive. Somehow they manage to do that without being psychiatrists...DR. Phil!!

I can't believe how one-sided this was and how Dr. Phil ignored the obvious issue of discrimination against homosexuality within the Mormon church and the role that played in this story. It was what motivated this woman to do what she did. That doesn't mean what she did wasn't wrong, but she deserved more than forced insincere forgiveness. She deserved to be understood. Instead, in order to secure the guest bookings, Dr. Phil and his staff followed a BYU-approved narrative where these innocent girls learned a lesson about internet safety and the lesbian who fooled them got a reprimanding.

Edited by canaanite2
  • Love 1

Another All New Week with a Housewife and 2 Days of more Catfishing for Sweeps....

Monday - April 27, 2015

Was It Child Abuse, or Was It an Accident?

Brenda and Josh say for the past year, they have been fighting to reunite their family, after they say Josh was unfairly convicted of second-degree child abuse. In March 2014, they say the couple’s 11-week-old daughter, Naomi, fell off Josh’s lap in what he says was an accident. A short time later, Naomi became very ill and was in and out of the hospital, where tests revealed bleeding in her brain and eyes. Brenda and Josh say they were shocked when a doctor accused them of abuse, setting in motion an ordeal that saw Naomi taken from them and Josh sentenced to 12 months in prison. Brenda, who was cleared of any wrongdoing, got Naomi back and says she went into hiding out of fear her daughter would be taken again. Now, she’s ready to tell her story to Dr. Phil — along with Josh, who appears via satellite from prison. What happened to Naomi? How do Brenda and Josh explain the baby’s injuries? Plus, hear why Brenda says she believes CPS has been out to get her family. And, will Josh ever get to see Naomi again? Dr. Phil weighs in — what does he think about Josh being in prison?

Tuesday - April 28, 2015

Real Housewife’s Exclusive: Kim Richards Tells All about Drunken Arrest

In a national television exclusive, Dr. Phil sits down with Kim Richards, one of the stars of the reality TV show Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, to discuss her ongoing battle with alcoholism and her recent arrest at the legendary Beverly Hills Hotel. Richards admits she was drinking that night -- what does she say led to her arrest? Richards is joined in the interview by her two daughters and son. How do they feel about their mother’s very public struggle with sobriety? After discussing her stormy relationship with her sister, Kyle, her Real Housewives cast members, and her storied history with addiction and specifics about possible treatment, Richards storms off. Will she return?

Wednesday - April 29, 2015

The College Professor and His Many Women

Up8JZY1.jpg<----- “Master Manipulator” Professor

Tanya says her soon-to-be ex-husband, Winston, is a “master manipulator” who used his status as an upstanding Christian professor at a prestigious university to violate her emotionally and financially. Winston says it was Tanya who misrepresented herself during their whirlwind, four-month courtship — and he claims she’s a gold digger. Tensions run high as the estranged couple faces each other on Dr. Phil’s stage — along with two other women who claim Winston also lied to them: His self-proclaimed former fiancée, Julie, and his ex-wife, Kelly. Was Winston engaged to Julie while dating Tanya? Plus, Winston accuses Tanya of hiding a secret from her past and getting him fired from his job — how does she respond? Don’t miss Dr. Phil’s advice for Winston and the three women. Is Winston an imposter, like the women claim — or are they just seeking revenge? And, can everyone move past the accusations and name-calling and reach a truce?

Thursday - April 30, 2015

"I Believe My Stepmother Blew All of My Father's Money on a Scam Artist!"

Kaye, 70, says she has sent more than $200,000 to “Aaron,” a man she met on the Internet and has been “dating” for a little over a year -- but whom she has never met in person. She says she can’t wait to marry “Aaron” -- who claims to be a retired airline engineer, aviation instructor and entrepreneur -- as soon as he returns from the United Kingdom, where he claims he is stuck dealing with “business issues.” Kaye’s stepdaughter, Kathy, says she thinks “Aaron” is a scammer, and she’s angry at Kaye for wasting what she describes as her deceased father’s hard-earned money, which he left for his wife’s retirement. Tensions flare when the women come face to face on Dr. Phil’s stage. Kaye insists Kathy needs to just butt out of her business. Is Kaye in denial about this supposed man of her dreams? Is Kathy overstepping her boundaries? Plus, don’t miss Part 2 tomorrow! Who is “Aaron?”

Friday - May 1, 2015

Uncovering a Catfish: The Battle Between Kaye & Kathy Continues

Dr. Phil continues his conversation with Kaye, who says she has sent over $200,000 to her online boyfriend, “Aaron,” even though she has never met him in person. Kaye’s stepdaughter, Kathy, says she thinks Kaye is wasting her retirement money on a con artist. Hear from Kathy’s daughter, Machelle, who sides with Kaye and says she doesn’t understand why Kathy is so obsessed with tracking down “Aaron.” Does Kathy have an ulterior motive? Plus, who is “Aaron?” Dr. Phil digs deep in search of answers -- tune in to see the results of the investigation! Is Kaye being scammed?

Edited by Jaded

I saw a promo that had some of the cast of "Amish Mafia" on. IF DR PHIL TREATS THIS AS A REAL SHOW and has them speak about their Amish mafia etc etc then I just want to say, before it airs, that the Amish Mafia show is utter BS. None of the players are Amish, some were at one time, the guy who is the "star" has never been officially Amish and people in Lancaster have posted that they were paid to blow up and burn things for the show. In fact, one of the county fire departments allowed a controlled burn of a house be filmed by the producers of the show as an arson perpetrated by the 'mafia.'

The woman who 'stars' as the Amish woman has multiple facebook pages and lives/lived with her abusive boyfriend in an apt. in Strasburg, Pa. She only 'dresses Amish' for the show.

The whole thing is a sham. And if Dr. Phil treats it as anything other than a joke then shame on him. Like having that John Edwards on the show and giving him serious consideration. Another bunko artist.

• Love 3

ETA: Wow, being black and Mormon seems terribly difficult. Throw in being queer and that's a tough row to hoe. I feel more sympathy for her than for the catfished women.

I saw all seven matching BYU students and the poster boy, but when it was time for the "real". . .er. . .Hyrum to appear, my DVR went nuts and suddenly reported it hadn't recorded the episode.

So the catfisher was a black lesbian Mormon??  Umm, yeah, trying to fit your life peg into that particular square hole would definitely mess up your head.  I feel sympathetic to her, too.  I don't suppose Phil saw fit to summon up some of his stellar advisory pals to help this woman out a little bit?  Fifteen free minutes with Doctors On Call?  Nada?

I think I'd rather see an episode about what her life has been like.

Edited by candall
  • Love 1

Seven gorgeous white girls had their feelings hurt and received edible arrangements, what's more important?

Edible Arrangements?  You mean they didn't all go off to Fabu View Ranch for a dual diagnosis and a month of recovery?

• Love 1

They received the edible arrangements from the catfisher. The girls loved them so much that I made a mental note of it and will forever have edible arrangements on my go-to gift list. 

You have to eat a lot of fruit very fast.  It is all ripe!   We got one awhile back and there was way too much for 2 to eat so we gifted the neighbors with a fruit salad on day 3! 

They received the edible arrangements from the catfisher. The girls loved them so much that I made a mental note of it and will forever have edible arrangements on my go-to gift list. 

They're pretty pricey!  Those that go for around $50 are in a teacup...very miniscule. 

• Love 1

Hey, now, let's be fair: [at least] one of them got an iPod instead of a fruit platter. That's why the Pretty Little Lied-Tos got the sads* over how their mean catfish would play them against each other!

I'd be sad,* too, if I THOUGHT I'd won the catfish lottery, what with GETTING presents from a continental kittyfish instead of having to send 200,000 bucks to Nigeria, like the usual sucker, only to find out that, while I was celebrating my gifts of honeydew and other sundry, well, big melons, I coulda been rockin out on a 2002 iPod!

*I joke, but back in the ancient days of Teh Interwebz, at least in my infancy of "online chat," (coupled w being out at any real level), during my first semester of college, 1993, I spent about a week talking with a woman I'd met on a MOO. I won't waste anyone's time trying to build suspense: after a week, "she" of course told me "she" was a "he," and ... it was a complete mondfuck. There was no imaginary romance, no cyber sex , (that I recall 20+ years later, at least, but all conversations were on computers in university labs, so I don't think there could have been THAT much intimacy for me to retro-sanitize the experience, even if, looking back, it seems illogical) no reason it should have mattered . But, it did. It screwed with my head for quite some time oddly enough--and I was NOT a naive kid in any other realm as these women seemed to be, although I also had only ever met one person IRL who had HEARD of email at that time-- it had never even crossed my mind, at 17, that the person on the other end of the line wasn't who she, or he, said she/he was. I [A few months later (added: just checked: turns out, earlier! This was published June 93; I'm talking about oct or nov. Still, it first gained prominence later on...) out came the "on the internet no one knows you're a dog" cartoon]. But, I imagine there was the perfect storm of naïveté, cultural context, intimate topic (ie being gay; not actually being intimate), and probably a few others, some of which might be part of any old coming of age experience and most of which would be anachronistic to most people's lives and online experiences now. But, while that aspect, perhaps, mitigates, the sympathy I have for the sucker-victims who give away their life savings, or even just their quality of life, in the modern era, I can't ignore what a mindfuck it must be, if this guy, who I believe meant no ill will, whether he was playing with identity, or the potential of "cyber"presentation or even HAD meant to play with ... People, he came clean as soon as he understood the ramifications of presenting as someone fake, to someone real, because, I can only imagine (again, with 20 years of hindsight and the phenomenon of dozens of catfish under my belt; I haven't thought of this much since) it was because he wasn't a sociopath. But, still, I couldn't wrap my head around it. I still have a hard time, though, when I meet people I've "known" online, and they don't "match" what I imagined. And it's rarely about what they look like (or if they're fat or thin!),so much as whether their cadence and tone fits how *i* read their writing! (This is why I hate audiobooks and books-turned-films..) I digress, point is, I can mock--and clearly do--and I can think that someone, in a different time, over a longer time, with anvils beating them upside the head, etc, SHOILD have known better, but that doesn't change that they DIDNT, and, given that, I can only imagine how much that's gotta mess with their heads. And, sorry, I know this is pretty tl;dr, but, after joking about wanting their kinda catfish, I guess I feel like I owe them that acknowledgement, at least.

Also, isn't Dr Phil embarrassed about how he and his ego and his diet book need one love seat or three seater (not sure?), while they squeezed the all of The 'Fished onto one couch ( ok, yeah, I get that was the point, but when they made the first two sit right next to each other w the rest still empty, it reminded me of crap we'd have to do for Deviant Behavior class in college), and THEN, just in case they hadn't made it clear enough with 400 semi-identical white chicks, sitting on a couch, (sing it: one fell off 'cause she's a...), and Phil on his own giant matching throne couch, they drag out NOT EVEN the damn single seater from the set when they picked em up at the sale at Rooms to Go, not even a "complementary" colored chair, which might have had its own questionable message but at least, arguably, could be that it belonged and ADDED, but, no, they gave her the chair they dragged in from the Shaker dining table, perched at a beyond awkwardly wrong angle, and in which I know *i* don't want to sit for a meal, and,well, I'm smaller than everyone on that stage, including Phil's Ego's inner child: even stripping all of the layers of intended and (I fucking hope) un intended messages of those seats: that woman could not have been comfortable in that chair. Asshole. (Phil, not her). I do like the shows that have no seat for Robyn, though.

• Love 3