Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Grand Canyon

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Sorry, but there is absolutely no evidence that Delilah can use Google without help.

She knows how to bat her eyelashes at someone who could Google that for her, no problem. After all, she got someone to run her entire business for her just from a chance encounter at a gas station! Not to mention she got Katherine, the wife of the man she was sleeping with to save her butt from homelessness. And for free, in both cases.

I just want to clarify that I don't have a problem with Regina not knowing how to run a business. She is a chef at a new restaurant. That requires creating a menu, hiring staff and doing a million things I'm unaware of, not being a chef myself. There is plenty she needs to take care of and is in charge of. What annoys me is that they partner her with Delilah, who instead of running the business herself gets a guy to do it for her. I would much rather they partner her with someone else, man or woman, who is capable of running a business.  If they want a romantic interest for Delilah, they can come up with some other story besides man steps in to help women struggling to run a restaurant by themselves. This is why this show would be better without her, everything comes back to her and how needy she is.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

Not to mention she got Katherine, the wife of the man she was sleeping with to save her butt from homelessness. And for free, in both cases.I

I've been wondering if, according to the show's timeline, did Delilah know she was pregnant when she got Katherine to help save her?  I just can't fathom how someone, even a fictional someone, could do that.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, snarkylady said:

I've been wondering if, according to the show's timeline, did Delilah know she was pregnant when she got Katherine to help save her?  I just can't fathom how someone, even a fictional someone, could do that.

Yes, she knew.  Delilah found out she was pregnant is episode 5 and she asks for help from Katheirne in episode 11.  I believe that Katherine finds out Delilah is pregnant in episode 8.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Yes, she knew.  Delilah found out she was pregnant is episode 5 and she asks for help from Katheirne in episode 11.  I believe that Katherine finds out Delilah is pregnant in episode 8.

Thank you for clarifying.   Delilah is the lowest of the low, getting a favor from the wife of her lover is one thing....and not a good thing at that...but from the wife of the man whose baby she's carrying...wrong on so many levels.  

• Love 5

Does anyone else remember when Ally McBeal was at the peak of its popularity, Fox created a 30 minute comedy from parts of the main 60 minute drama? They need to do that here, except instead of a comedy, it should be a 30 minute show of scenes without Delilah. I have no idea where the writers are going with her arc, but at this point, to me, she's nothing but an annoying side player in everyone else's drama. 

That scene where Katherine recounted how she met Eddie and what he's meant to her was  gut wrenching to watch. It gave so much more depth and context to their relationship. Eddie, all impulse and today's excitement, is the yang to Katherine's high-achiever, type A, planning-for-tomorrow yin. (And yes, I also thought she was asking what Delilah had that she didn't have.) More than ever, I want them together and am convinced they are meant to be.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 10/4/2019 at 1:37 PM, Winston Wolfe said:

Honestly, I hope Gary gets head lice. Or scabbies. Or fleas. Anything just to get him to chill the fuck out and act like a normal person every once in a while.

Or stopped by the cops and  busted for the drugs in an inside pocket and tries  to tell the officer “you won’t believe this, but ......” 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Does Delilah know Jon had a vasectomy or does she assume it’s Eddies kid because she and Jon hadn’t had sex in a long time?

This is a really good example of really bad storytelling.  I can't believe that Delilah wouldn't know that Jon had a vasectomy (I actually can't believe that every character in this show, including Theo and Katherine's assistant didn't know Jon had a vasectomy as Jon was the sharer of everything--except, of course, for the gripping survivor guilt from that massive world event that had defined his life for 17 years...).  But, she tells Eddie it is because she and Jon hadn't had sex in a while--which makes no sense if Jon actually had a vasectomy. 

I get that Eddie was mad because he thought his mistress had cheated on him with her husband, but NOT bringing up Jon's vasectomy when telling Eddie he was the father, even if it was, "Jon and I hadn't been together for a while and he got the big snip," is just nonsensical.

I'm honestly not sure if this is more ineptitude from Nash or if he actually does have some oh-so-(un)surprising plan to make Charlie Jon's baby after all....

Edited by HazelEyes4325
  • Love 5

Omg so many secrets with so many people!!!  I was really hoping this could turn into a pseudo thirtysomething.  But nope. 

And sorry not sorry, I am sick and tied of Kono’s cry face, Maggie’s tantrums, and YES, I cannot stand Theo.  I think he is a whiny snowflake and I don’t find him cute, special, gifted or endearing at all.  In fact I feel like he is stunted at this point.  Your mom saved the Grand Canyon???  Come on dude.  She walked off on your ass.  SHE DID.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 10/4/2019 at 7:01 PM, ams1001 said:

Yeah, Gary did. But vasectomies can fail. 

Yes, and can you picture Jon asking Gary to go with him to get a vasectomy, it's laughable. And 2 years before he died when he was taking out life ins policies. Totally bogus story line that I hope Nash plans to have be a lie later. You don't need a ride, some do, some don't.  Jon's character just wouldn't do this and why hide it from his wife. He'd be pretty uncomfortable too, I guess he hid icing and the rest from her.  Why writers felt they had to make it seem like Eddie's was odd, is there a twist coming??

Can I drive myself home after a vasectomy?

The surgery is performed under local anesthesia, and you can typically drive yourself home after the procedure.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I was really hoping this could turn into a pseudo thirtysomething.  But nope. 

Speaking of old shows, anyone else remember the ABC drama Brothers and Sisters? That was my jam back in the day. A gifted, A-list cast (Sally Field, Rachel Griffiths, Ron Rifkin, and Matthew Rhys among others) and very plausible, entertaining story lines. It was too good to last, though, and barely got 100 episodes.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Speaking of old shows, anyone else remember the ABC drama Brothers and Sisters? That was my jam back in the day. A gifted, A-list cast (Sally Field, Rachel Griffiths, Ron Rifkin, and Matthew Rhys among others) and very plausible, entertaining story lines. It was too good to last, though, and barely got 100 episodes.

YES!  Soap Net also played the entire series.  I really miss that channel!  That was a GREAT show.   

I feel like this show really could be good, but it gets in its own way with being just too over the top.  Less is more, not everything has to be frantic!

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

The first two seasons were my jam and the rest was not.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I've caught some Thirtysomething on Youtube (have quite a few episodes and free watching) I remember Sisters too. I have Amazon Prime and loved rewatching Without a Trace which was never given a lot of exposure but quietly got awards and was on 7 seasons. I also loved rewatching ER on Hulu, the first 7 seasons were very good and I miss that type of writing missing in a lot of shows today. Chicago Med? Not even in the same ball park.

• Love 2
On 10/3/2019 at 9:58 PM, break21 said:

I think Jon killed himself to get away from all of these characters.  I can't stand any of them.

Especially that self centered POS Delilah!  Calling the Chef in the middle of Sunday Brunch to whine about the results of her own stupid actions.

Then, since the world still isn't Revolving Around Delilah, she schleps the squalling demon seed into the resto to irritate paying customers.  WTF?

Ken Olin just can't help himself, we're right smack into Thirty Something 2.0.

Stupid rich yuppies doing stupid things then whining about their lives.  Sheesh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 10/4/2019 at 6:43 AM, Winston Wolfe said:

Btw, when Katherine asked Eddie "what did she have?" (regarding the gender of Delilah's baby) did anyone else initially think she meant "what does Delilah have that I don't?"

According to Nash, that's not what she meant...

So, first of all, if you have to explain your show, you're doing it wrong.

Secondly, this is getting harder to take.  I mean, we have Delilah who they keep telling us we need to feel sympathy for, but then make her do shitty things to everyone.  Ugh!

Now, we have a character--who ended up being the sympathetic character of the show--who is so continually dumped on that it seems like she's drowning in everyone else's shit.  I complain that Delilah never has to deal with consequences--and I truly believe that--but I'm also getting sick of Katherine never catching any sort of break.  There is only so much one person can realistically take...and there is only so much I can watch.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Secondly, this is getting harder to take.  I mean, we have Delilah who they keep telling us we need to feel sympathy for, but then make her do shitty things to everyone.  Ugh!

Now, we have a character--who ended up being the sympathetic character of the show--who is so continually dumped on that it seems like she's drowning in everyone else's shit.  I complain that Delilah never has to deal with consequences--and I truly believe that--but I'm also getting sick of Katherine never catching any sort of break.  There is only so much one person can realistically take...and there is only so much I can watch.

That's mean, give a daughter to D so Katherine will be jealous. ; /  I hope it's Jon's.

I also thought Kathryn meant how D was with Eddie, when she asked "what did she have?" It would have fit also.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, debraran said:

That's mean, give a daughter to D so Katherine will be jealous. ; /  I hope it's Jon's.

I think that's mean too. Isn't it enough that Katherine has to live with her husband having a baby with someone else? You have to specifically make it a girl to make it worse for her?

Some of these TV writers need to stop Tweeting because it makes their show seem worse than if you just watch yourself.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I think that's mean too. Isn't it enough that Katherine has to live with her husband having a baby with someone else? You have to specifically make it a girl to make it worse for her?

Some of these TV writers need to stop Tweeting because it makes their show seem worse than if you just watch yourself.

Ratings were down slightly last week and Nash was asking people on FB to tell others to watch and sit through commercials. If ratings continue to drop, it's because he starts to make the twists and unreal circumstances too much. Time will tell. Ratings fluctuate but I'm sure they never like to see it.

10/4 update: You can see the latest night’s ratings in context.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/a-million-little-things-season-two-ratings/

This is Us has been doing well for NBC and NCIS and when discussing ABC, MLT doesn't even come up which is odd.

Edited by debraran
5 hours ago, debraran said:

Ratings were down slightly last week and Nash was asking people on FB to tell others to watch and sit through commercials. If ratings continue to drop, it's because he starts to make the twists and unreal circumstances too much. Time will tell. Ratings fluctuate but I'm sure they never like to see it.

10/4 update: You can see the latest night’s ratings in context.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/a-million-little-things-season-two-ratings/

This is Us has been doing well for NBC and NCIS and when discussing ABC, MLT doesn't even come up which is odd.

Replying in the media thread.

On 10/4/2019 at 8:40 AM, Lady Calypso said:

I like Katherine/Eddie better than Delilah/Eddie (again, thankful that they SEEM to be running far away from a Delilah/Eddie pairing) but Eddie should be groveling at Katherine's feet for her forgiveness. He should be doing everything in his power to try to make it up to her. Well, he obviously can't make it up to her completely, but he's the one who needs to put in the effort.

He was too drunk to be present for their son, and now he is 100 percent present, so I guess that is wooing?

• Love 1

Katherine's decision way back that the answer to her anxiety about having everything always sewn up was to take up with a carefree musician seemed quite wrong-headed. Eddie helped her loosen up? No, he was an alcoholic who thereby forced Katherine back into being the responsible one, and then he had an affair on her that produced a child. She wants to stay with him, why??? I agree that the actors have great chemistry and I like them together but I think the writing justifying Katherine staying is terrible.

• Love 2
On 10/4/2019 at 9:24 AM, DoubleUTeeEff said:

Gary was a completely insufferable prick this episode and I say that as someone who agrees with him on psychics. Just shut up, Gary. He keeps on and on even though everyone around him clearly wants to duct tape his mouth shut. I kind of wish the psychic had had some bad news about Gary's future for him to chew on. What ever happened to his dog by the way? Gary's dog is the best thing about Gary.

As a Psych! fan, that scene cracked me up.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, smartymarty said:

Katherine's decision way back that the answer to her anxiety about having everything always sewn up was to take up with a carefree musician seemed quite wrong-headed. Eddie helped her loosen up? No, he was an alcoholic who thereby forced Katherine back into being the responsible one, and then he had an affair on her that produced a child. She wants to stay with him, why??? I agree that the actors have great chemistry and I like them together but I think the writing justifying Katherine staying is terrible.

True, but it probably wasn't immediately evident that Eddie was an alcoholic.  For one thing, he was musician and there is a certain lifestyle that goes along with that--it takes a while of knowing someone to realize that they've crossed the line from partying to full-blown addiction.  Also, alcoholism isn't a static disease.  I think in many cases, and Eddie may be one, there is something chemical in the brain or whatnot, but it doesn't mean that you take one sip and you are a full-blown alcoholic. When Katherine and Eddie met, Eddie may not have been a falling-down drunk.

We have someone in our family going through a very similar thing.  She's an accomplished professional and she married a fun guy with a far less prestigious job and there was something attractive about having that person who could break her out of her high-pressure professional life.  They married, had a kid (now 5) and it has been only in the past year that she realized what a problem his drinking is.  

There is a lot in this show I have trouble buying and, honestly, I didn't understand Eddie and Katherine until this scene--but now I do and it does make sense to me.

24 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

True, but it probably wasn't immediately evident that Eddie was an alcoholic.

Yeah, I'm not saying it was. But as much as people will say "opposites attract," I think her description of her vs. Eddie sounded like they were too dissimilar to make marriage work. Someone that dedicated to a very staid profession just wasn't going to make it as a musician's spouse. The alcoholism and affair later on proved the point. I just think the writers came up with a weak back-story. I mean, is she choosing to stay because Eddie's the fun parent and makes her laugh? Because he's also proven to not be very responsible to her or Theo.

I think Jason Ritter is the recipient of one of Chad's organs, and we will have a Gary/Maggie/JR's character love triangle. Which is squeamish if he has a part of Maggie's brother inside him. But I do think that he is there to cause friction between G+M. 

Speaking of Gary, I think it has been mentioned that he is an actuary, as am I. I'm not working at the moment due to an out-of-state move, but I definitely never had the tons of time off that he seems to have. And my old company was very generous with PTO. 

On 10/4/2019 at 8:43 AM, Winston Wolfe said:

Btw, when Katherine asked Eddie "what did she have?" (regarding the gender of Delilah's baby) did anyone else initially think she meant "what does Delilah have that I don't?"

Add me to those who did. 

On 10/4/2019 at 4:38 PM, cinsays said:

Yeah, the nerve of her to call at the busiest time for such a lame question.  Uh, Delilah, you can just use google to find the song.  Just type in the phrase you do know and it will come up with it for you.  I am old and have done this a lot.

I did it while watching! Delilah is so freaking helpless. 

On 10/6/2019 at 3:05 PM, HazelEyes4325 said:

What a dick move. 

1 hour ago, Pristine said:

As a Psych! fan, that scene cracked me up.

Me too! I thought that was a cute wink & nod to a former fake psychic. He was Lassiter! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

So DJ Nash is an asshole - no wonder he’s so good at populating a show full of assholes.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

Did Katherine express really wanting a girl on the show or does that major fact exist only within nash's tweet?

So far it has only been in the tweet.  I, well, I really resent the fact that he can't seem to tell a story within the confines of the story.  This is far from the first time he has put out information in a tweet that is somewhat necessary for the show to work.  He had said in a past tweet that Katherine used to be part of the friend gang and was best friends with Delilah. Without the first part of that, all the scenes of her with the group after she and Eddie separated made absolutely no sense.  They actually still don't make all that sense even knowing it, but still.  If Katherine was part of the friend group, then give us that in a flashback or a conversation or something...not in a tweet.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

So far it has only been in the tweet.  I, well, I really resent the fact that he can't seem to tell a story within the confines of the story.  This is far from the first time he has put out information in a tweet that is somewhat necessary for the show to work.  He had said in a past tweet that Katherine used to be part of the friend gang and was best friends with Delilah. Without the first part of that, all the scenes of her with the group after she and Eddie separated made absolutely no sense.  They actually still don't make all that sense even knowing it, but still.  If Katherine was part of the friend group, then give us that in a flashback or a conversation or something...not in a tweet.

If it is only in that tweet, then holy shit, he's such a hacky writer. How did this guy fall ass backwards into having such a great cast (well, the majority of the cast) that transcends his writing into something almost salvageable? 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Really?  Her best friend?  That does not make sense when Gary told us no one in the group really liked Katherine because she was a bitch and treated Eddie badly.  I know that has since been changed, evolved, or retconned out, but nothing on the show gave me the impression she was close friends with Delilah. 

13 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

If it is only in that tweet, then holy shit, he's such a hacky writer. How did this guy fall ass backwards into having such a great cast (well, the majority of the cast) that transcends his writing into something almost salvageable? 

I agree, they could have done so much with the suicide story line but I really think that was just a pull to get viewers to watch, see the guy jump from his office and land on a car and how little anyone really cares in his family. Also the methodical man they showed us would never have hurt so many strangers with watching that in broad daylight at lunchtime. He crossed too many T's to not have thought of how that would hurt so many. The twists and turns turned into a mess to me with the 911 end a bit of a let down. The lies about PJ don't make any sense to me (yet) So much of Jon was just left, his apartment that no one really cared about and took weeks to go too, maybe months, Ashley, who no one really wanted to talk too, his mail, his computer files, nothing was ever thought about because Nash wanted the other story lines to predominate.  No one knew how to google, to do simple address searches, they didn't show much curiosity about anything Jon might have wrote or  had on his work computer.  What ever happened to his office and personal items?

I know it's fiction and not written well but please, no one is that uninvolved in someones life who supposedly meant so much to them . It made a mockery of his death in a way, it ended up being about letters and Barbara and games. I think that is when he lost some viewers, at least people I knew. I keep hoping for improvement, to highlight the good actors but Nash seems to want a soap and to tweet and tweet. I think he has them write on the fly sometimes. ; ) 

I guess if it doesn't improve, I'll stick with TIU, Good Doctor and Call the Midwife along with some Netflix shows. I really want to like it though but maybe I'm too old to accept he doesn't seem to be trying.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 5

On the one hand, I felt bad for Maggie because having your mom show up for a weekend visit turn into "I'm leaving your father and by the way, I brought seventeen suitcases" is A LOT for anyone to handle, let alone someone who just had cancer and doesn't really get along with her mom even under the best circumstances.

On the other hand, it's not really Maggie's place to judge or decide whether her parents should stay together. Yes, it affects her since she is their daughter, but it's not up to her and she shouldn't be trying to talk her mom into going back to a marriage where she isn't happy.

Ha, I laughed SO HARD when Gary/Shawn Spencer said he doesn't believe in psychic crap.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, debraran said:

I agree, they could have done so much with the suicide story line but I really think that was just a pull to get viewers to watch, see the guy jump from his office and land on a car and how little anyone really cares in his family. 

The suicide angle really is one of the only novel things about the show's writing and Nash took that directly from his personal life, as his good friend killed himself. It's kind of messed up that the only real notable aspect of the show's set up is from a real life tragedy. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

The suicide angle really is one of the only novel things about the show's writing and Nash took that directly from his personal life, as his good friend killed himself. It's kind of messed up that the only real notable aspect of the show's set up is from a real life tragedy. 

True many could relate which is why I was sad he did it the way he did. For me it became a plot device over any real education or emotion.

• Love 2
On 10/4/2019 at 12:58 PM, HazelEyes4325 said:

ETA: When is this episode supposed to take place?  I mean, everyone is walking around in heavy coats (and Gary is trying to steal coats?) and then Theo is running around in a swim suit while Eddie aims the hose at him.  I'm so confused...

If it's been like the last couple of weeks here in MA, that is the only thing that's been realistic on this show....

I was surprised to see so many people thinking that Katherine was asking what Delilah had that she didn't when she asked "What did she have?".  I immediately knew she was asking the gender of the baby.  But, the fact that so many people were confused makes it evident that they need to write these scenes better.  

I THINK that Delilah may have a partnership in the restaurant.  I don't think it's JUST that she was the decorator.  But, I also tune out during any scenes that involve her so I could easily be wrong. 

I like the speculation that Jason Ritter is a donor recipient of Maggie's brother's organs.  If Maggie's mom was asking if she was too old for a roommate, I don't think she'd be going out with a younger man.  

I did feel bad for Katherine when those horrible moms were talking about her.  Yeah, the Grand Canyon lie was really dumb, but they didn't have to be so obviously snide about it. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Whimsy said:

I like the speculation that Jason Ritter is a donor recipient of Maggie's brother's organs.  If Maggie's mom was asking if she was too old for a roommate, I don't think she'd be going out with a younger man.  

I did feel bad for Katherine when those horrible moms were talking about her.  Yeah, the Grand Canyon lie was really dumb, but they didn't have to be so obviously snide about it. 

That Ritter's character is so like Gary with the talking with a stranger, daring her to get the candy, makes this speculation seem likely.

Yeah, the Grand Canyon lie was dumb, but didn't they only hear it from Theo? In which case wouldn't they just chalk that up to a kid being confused/parents telling him a story, rather than that clearly the wife left the husband?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Whimsy said:

My problem with Grand Canyon lie was that Theo bought it lock, stock, and barrel.  I mean, it is totally something Eddie would make up, but Theo is supposed to be this precocious, wise-beyond-his-years kid and there is no way he would buy that his mother was trying to save the Grand Canyon without a shitload of questions.

As for the mean moms, I could totally buy that.  I think the vast majority of people are decent, but there are always 2 or 3 of these moms at any schools (speaking from personal experience!)  Some people just never leave middle school.

• Love 2
On 10/8/2019 at 2:20 PM, Toothbrush said:

I think Jason Ritter is the recipient of one of Chad's organs, and we will have a Gary/Maggie/JR's character love triangle.

Oh, yeah, you are so right.   That is so much more plausible than long lost extra brother.   I can't believe I missed it.   And she'll pick Gary in the triangle and then he'll start to reject one of the organs and...   

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Whimsy said:

It's like the lactation specialist. It's a hacky scene, but I could also believe that it COULD happen in real life. Rare, but possible enough that I can't give Nash too much shit for it (especially when there's so much other shit to give him).  Heck, like the lactation specialist, it might have actually been based on something that happened to Nash or his wife in real life.

• Love 3
On 10/6/2019 at 1:05 PM, HazelEyes4325 said:

This kind of crap drives me crazy. I hated it when the writers for Once Upon a Time and Pretty Little Liars did shit like this. You have 42 minutes of content every week, so if you want something to be known/said/established then do it during those 42 minutes. Whatever you tweet, post, or say in interviews IS NOT CANON. Unless it happened during the show, it didn’t happen. And it’s even more ridiculous when they do this with something that could be established  in all of three seconds. If it was THAT important for the audience to know, then cut one of the many reaction shots or lingering looks. Until Katherine says she always wanted a girl ON THE SHOW, it’s not part of the story. Do better, writers. Your job is to tell the story during the actual show. 

• Love 13
15 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

This kind of crap drives me crazy. I hated it when the writers for Once Upon a Time and Pretty Little Liars did shit like this. You have 42 minutes of content every week, so if you want something to be known/said/established then do it during those 42 minutes. Whatever you tweet, post, or say in interviews IS NOT CANON. Unless it happened during the show, it didn’t happen. And it’s even more ridiculous when they do this with something that could be established  in all of three seconds. If it was THAT important for the audience to know, then cut one of the many reaction shots or lingering looks. Until Katherine says she always wanted a girl ON THE SHOW, it’s not part of the story. Do better, writers. Your job is to tell the story during the actual show. 

I don't do Twitter, so if it weren't for comments here I would have no idea of these things.

• Love 4
On 10/4/2019 at 12:41 AM, Bringonthedrama said:

This step kid is also her son's half-sister, so she's going to have to accept the baby in their lives in some way. Katherine is angry and hurt and could certainly do better than Eddie - BUT it seems like she's not sure she wants to walk away from their marriage/family life. That's not unrealistic. My aunt was pregnant with my cousin when she found out my uncle was cheating on her. They separated. After the birth of their son, she decided to take him back. Several years later, they had a second son.  However, my uncle cheated again (with other women) after that while my aunt was focused on their two young sons. She wisely chose divorce upon finding out. I can understand why she took him back the first time: years of investment in this marriage and having a child with this man. You want to believe you can get past the betrayal, rebuild the relationship and have a happy family life.  I know she doesn't regret her choice because she has two wonderful sons and now cool grandchildren from them as well. She will acknowledge that she and her ex were unhappy for a long time before they officially divorced. 

Yep, I know a few scenarios where this does happen. Husband gets mistress pregnant but wife and husband stay together. 

I've been catching up this afternoon, and of course they had Katherine ask him to stay. Theo is too sweet for words, he's making me wish I had kids. 

Those bitchy women at the school, can take a hike. 

It must be nice to have that much help. This is one reason I've stopped watching these shows, until I'm in a mood to catch up: we don't all have that kind of help and friendship, during the holidays or otherwise. 

I'd totally forgotten about the Men In Trees actor. I'm not keen on his character. I know Jon died almost a year before, but I don't like him. 

Well, she couldn't help having a girl - it wasn't her choice - but it's a shitty idea from the show runner. It's just MEAN. It isn't enough that Eddie had an affair with the wife of Katharine's best friend, who is now at the centre of their friend group. Now she's also had the baby girl that Katharine wanted? 

• Love 1