Type keyword(s) to search

Girl Meets Spoilers (and Spoiler Discussion)

Ugh with going there with Maya/Lucas, but I always thought if they wanted this show to be more Boy Meets World-ish they would have Riley and Farkle get together. I love the Maya/Riley friendship, but am growing tired of the other Maya storylines. I think I would like it if everyone just remained friends at the end of the series.

• Love 3

Ugh with going there with Maya/Lucas, but I always thought if they wanted this show to be more Boy Meets World-ish they would have Riley and Farkle get together. I love the Maya/Riley friendship, but am growing tired of the other Maya storylines. I think I would like it if everyone just remained friends at the end of the series.

Well, the characters are all still really young, so it could very well end up that they all just stay friends by the end of the series. But who knows when the end is any way? 4 seasons? Maybe more? Unless they do a time jump, the characters will still be fairly young by the end of the show. Riley and Farkle could possibly get together, it wouldn't be the craziest thing in the world, so who knows? :)

2.22 "Girl Meets Normal" - As mentioned above, Stuart and Jennifer Minkus, plus the return of Smackle!  (sounds Farkle-centric to me LOL)

This is still up there on IMDB from July 27 - now that Girl Meets Yearbook has aired, if this information is accurate, this episode sounds like a sequel to it. 

New episode they just filmed was "Girl Meets Rileytown". Its about Riley getting cyber bullied. And, apparently, Riley and Maya both cry in a scene described as emotional/outstanding.

IMDB has also added that title for 2.24, and its episode description says she contacts her Aunt Morgan for advice!  (At one time Morgan #2 was on the IMDB guest cast list, but was taken off along with some others due to suspected trolling.)  Know anything about an appearance by Morgan Matthews, CheetaraThunder?

Unless they do a time jump, the characters will still be fairly young by the end of the show.

Michael Jacobs recently said that there would be time jumps (as there were on BMW for Cory, Topanga and Shawn) so that the characters would graduate from high school at the end of the series.  See #9 below.

Michael Jacobs recently did a podcast about the future of GMW, TV nowadays....the podcast was really informative.

But, he did give some spoilery tidbits:

1. Stick around cause we will be seeing more stuff for Zay.

2. There will be some fascinating stuff coming up for Ava/Auggie.

3. He described Riley as Eric and Ava/Auggie as the Cory/Topanga of the show.

4. They brought up how fans were worried that when they first introduced Riley/Lucas, they were going to set them up to get in a relationship and have them get married. But, Jacobs said that it will not happen at all.

5. He knows how the story with Maya and Rileywill end.

6. Girl Meets world will end different then BMW.

7. Cory will be the kids’ teacher in season 3, but possibly not past then.

8. Alex Dèsert (Eli Williams) will possibly be making an appearance.

9. There will be time jumps, and the show will most likely end with the kids finishing high school.

http://artistalleypod.com/post/123892748913/in-this-episode-girl-meets-world

The podcast was a great listen for all fans.

Edited by bagert

Some of the stuff from the podcasts doesn't really make sense to me.  Because Disney shows get 4 seasons max generally.  So even with time jumps, how the hell are the kids going to graduate high school in 4 seasons?  It kind of seems like he's talking as if the show is going to run longer than that, which may happen I guess, but it's certainly not the norm for anything Disney.

Also Auggie/Ava as Cory/Topanga?  No.  

• Love 3

So even with time jumps, how the hell are the kids going to graduate high school in 4 seasons?

Yeah, I had the same thought as you. Rowan Blanchard is currently 13 and the show is on Season 2. Disney shows usually only run for 4 seasons, so unless there's more than one time jump, it'll look kind of weird to have them graduate high school and still look like high school freshman. 

While it's possible Disney might let the show run longer than 4 seasons if it's doing well enough, I can't imagine DC gave them any guarantees of that.  Disney picks up shows on a by season basis and they have been through the ringer enough to know that shows that bring in ratings at the beginning may not by the time S4 rolls around.  Also while GMW may be the top rated show on Disney currently, it's not so far ahead of the pack.  Most of the Disney shows get similar enough ratings for new episodes (in the 2 million zone), so it's not like it's blowing its competition out of the water.

But yes, I could see them trying to essentially roll this show over ABC Family or something to prolong it after Disney is done with it, especially with the kids in high school.  The only thing that confuses me is the showrunners seem to be talking in absolutes, which is something that people in television rarely do because nothing about this business is guaranteed.  They seem fairly certain about how long the show will run and how much time they will get to wrap up stories, so I guess I hope their vision plays out how they want it.  Because again, I can't imagine Disney or anybody gaving them guarantees for anything.  Even for a S4.  

The writers tweeted that after Yearbook, they have 18 episodes left in season 2. So, what starts with Yearbook will end with "Girl Meets Graduation." They said, "Where are we going? Not where you think."

What?! Ok this is going to be strange.

So, the "friend" that will be hanging out with Cory's brother (aka my husband Senator Squirrels) in the next new episode is totally Matthew Lawrence. Right? Do we know if he will be wearing a shirt? Before I freaked the Eff out reading the upcoming synopsis on the Comcast listings, I wanted to make sure we were all on the same page. And the thing about the shirt or lack thereof.

So, the "friend" that will be hanging out with Cory's brother (aka my husband Senator Squirrels) in the next new episode is totally Matthew Lawrence. Right? Do we know if he will be wearing a shirt? Before I freaked the Eff out reading the upcoming synopsis on the Comcast listings, I wanted to make sure we were all on the same page. And the thing about the shirt or lack thereof.

What?! O_O Ok now you got me interested. What's up with the shirt thing?

Matthew Lawrence topless is just Everything.

I read this as "Matthew Lawrence is topless in just Everything." And thought, "damn, point me to Everything..."

• Love 4

Got to watch "Girl Meets Creativity", and I really loved the episode:

- It is a Maya centric episode, but its a great episode that  shows the 5 kids plus Aggie coming together and fight to keep the Arts in the school.

- They continue to develop Maya/Lucas friendship. It is pretty sweet.

- Zay is back and still hilarious and he apparently takes ballet.

- Farkle's 1 year suspension from acting was lifted ( nice callback from season 1)

- Mr. Turner is back... swoon.

- The ending where the kids are in front of the Education Board is probably in my top 3 favorite scenes od the show so far. It involves Maya singing, Farkle tap dancing, Riley "Purple Paint" interpretative dance, Lucas/Zay song.  

This episode is definitely a top episode this season for me. It had humor, heart, and it involved all of the characters. You can see how much the kids are growing up.

Also, Michael Jacobs did an interview a week ago and here are some spoiler bullet points:

- Minkus is coming back for 3 more episodes in season 2 (of course for Girl Meets I Am Farkle and then 2 more after that).

- Morgan will be back for season 2, but Michael does not know which actress (Lily or Lindsay) he wants to bring back for the role.

- Eli might be back... he is hinting at that.

- First season was about friendship. The second season is about growth. If there is a 3rd season (which there will be), its going to be about feelings. And what happens when that  tsunami of feelings hits girls/guys who head off to high school. Can what they learned be any match for the perfectly normal feelings that invade their lives in high school and towards adulthood?

-That exploration will be begin in the rest of season 2. There is something happening between the two girls and the Lucas character.

- He believes where they are heading will be very fresh and new and it will be the endgame. But, he said that it will take a long time for the story to play out. He sees it as a honest ride.

-Girl Meets Cory and Topanga will be the strongest link between GMW and BMW to date.

Link: http://www.ksitetv.com/interviews-2/ksitetv-interview-michael-jacobs-of-the-emmy-nominated-girl-meets-world/74019/4/

Edited by CheetaraThunder
  • Love 2

GMW writers had a Q&A on twitter today... the highlights:

-Morgan is definitely returning (the actress playing her is still unknown) and Lauren is a maybe.

-Riley will find a thing/skill she excels at.

- Lucas anger issues are an ongoing theme.

-We will learn how Riley and Maya met in "Girl meets The Bay Window."(YAY)

- They are discussing if there will be another Matthews baby ( not Cory/Topanga though)

- Josh returns in New Years Eve episode.

- Shawn and Mr Turner will have a reunion.

- Maya will sing again.

- Riley will use the camera Shawn gave her.

- Angela will be returning.

- Cast has some say in how their seats are positioned.

- Farkle's love life will be explored and its described as interesting.

-  Season three will be filming around Mid-January.

- There will be a POC as a main character (thinking Zay)

- Missy may return.

- Charlie will return in October

-A lot of info about Lucas/Riley, Maya/Lucas, and Maya/Josh...Its really confusing, but it seems like Texas episode is a HUGE episode.

- Pappy Joe will be in Texas episode and we will see Lucas old love interest named Vanessa.

WHY ARE YOU BRINGING BACK ANGELA?!?!?!?

Also I'm calling that Farkle will fall somewhere in the LGBTQA spectrum.

^ This. About Angela. Shawn helped her out, and now it's time to leave things in the dust/in the past there.

GMW writers had a Q&A on twitter today... the highlights:

-Morgan is definitely returning (the actress playing her is still unknown) and Lauren is a maybe.

-Riley will find a thing/skill she excels at.

- Lucas anger issues are an ongoing theme.

-We will learn how Riley and Maya met in "Girl meets The Bay Window."(YAY)

- They are discussing if there will be another Matthews baby ( not Cory/Topanga though)

- Josh returns in New Years Eve episode.

- Shawn and Mr Turner will have a reunion.

- Maya will sing again.

- Riley will use the camera Shawn gave her.

- Angela will be returning.

- Cast has some say in how their seats are positioned.

- Farkle's love life will be explored and its described as interesting.

-  Season three will be filming around Mid-January.

- There will be a POC as a main character (thinking Zay)

- Missy may return.

- Charlie will return in October

-A lot of info about Lucas/Riley, Maya/Lucas, and Maya/Josh...Its really confusing, but it seems like Texas episode is a HUGE episode.

- Pappy Joe will be in Texas episode and we will see Lucas old love interest named Vanessa.

I see a few problems here.

First, while Sabrina Carpenter is a pretty good singer (better than her co-star), it makes far less sense for Maya to also be one. For whatever reason the writers decided to make her an art prodigy, and while it's not unknown for someone to be great at two artistic endeavors, it's overall with a character who was portrayed early in the show as feeling so lost and worthless.  To suddenly relatively overnight be great at TWO things?  Overkill.

Clearly nobody wants Angela back. Heck I wonder if even Trina McGee truly wants Angela back. Didn't she mouth off a bit about her role on the show, or am I misremembering?

Intuition tells me that "Riley will find a thing/skill she excels at" and "Riley will use the camera Shawn gave her." are the same spoiler.  Okay maybe that's not a "problem", but it is kind of predictable. 

"Farkle's love life will be explored and its described as interesting." and "Missy may return." seem to me to also possibly be the same spoiler. Something LGBTQ (as was speculated upthread) might be interesting, but is unlikely on Disney overall and this character would have to be strongly in the "passing" category for his continuous attention to Riley and Maya to be nothing but a cover for "G"--and that doesn't preclude the "B" or the "T" anyway--I still just doubt it.  Getting back to Missy I think the hint for that is how she departed the last episode she was on--with at least some indication she actually found Farkle interesting.  Potentially they could set up some bizarre multi-shaped romance apparatus with Missy and Riley interested in Lucas, Farkle interested in Missy, Lucas interested in Maya (but dating Riley), Charlie interested in Riley (while she dates Lucas) and Maya in denial about everything, but... that may be too much too quickly. It would be quicker to simply have her interact with Farkle at first, and it fits with the spoiler about interesting romantic things happening with him.  The Popular Girl + Farkle's wardrobe change has easy story potential.

• Love 1

I'm confused.  If they are discussing another Matthews baby and C and T are NOT the parents, who would the parents be?  Eric is unattached as far as we know.  Josh is still in high school, and I don't see Disney going there.

Clearly nobody wants Angela back. Heck I wonder if even Trina McGee truly wants Angela back. Didn't she mouth off a bit about her role on the show, or am I misremembering?

I'm pretty sure Trina wants it.  Her main issue was that the writing seemed to close the door on future appearances.  She pretty desperately wanted to do more. 

I'm confused.  If they are discussing another Matthews baby and C and T are NOT the parents, who would the parents be?  Eric is unattached as far as we know.  Josh is still in high school, and I don't see Disney going there.

There's always Morgan...

• Love 3

Morgan seems likely. There are any number of ways they could do that plot with her (married, single, gay, straight, happy about it, upset about it, already a parent, not already a parent, etc.)

• Love 1

I am Farkle aired in Canada, and it was a very interesting episode and I really loved it. The writers handed the topic of Aspergers  extremely well and they didn't sugar coat it at all.

You think Farkle has Asperger's but Smackle is the one with it.

-Amazing friendship episode with Lucas/Maya/Riley being so supportive of Farkle and Smackle. They actually studied Asperger's so they can have a better understanding.

- Great interaction with Stuart, Jennifer (Farkle's mom), Cory, and Topanga. They actually mentioned when she handcuffed Shawn back on BMW.

- Farkle divorces both Riley and Maya so he can be with Smackle.

- They finally resolve the whole birth certificate issue.

Honestly, hugely strong episode and probably my favorite of the series so far.

• Love 4

Got to watch Girl meets Cory and Topanga... definitely a great episode for the old school fans:

- Basically, Riley wants to know how she came to be and what her parents were like as kids.

- Her and Maya flashback to some big flashbacks: the first being when Topanga and Cory are playing the sock basketball game with the laundry basket in the living room. Then they go to the moment when Cory reads the poem and Topanga does her interpretative dance and puts the red lipstick on her face... Maya dances along with Topanga.

- Its a great lesson of how Riley should except the fact that she is unique and her parents were not perfect. Great lead in to Girl Meets Rileytown.

- They bring back the Red Phillies Cap in the episode.

- Lucas and Farkle have a funny sub plot. Lucas helps Farkle with sports: Basketball and Wrestling. Good bonding moments for the two.

I was very critical of season 1, but the writers are clicking with season 2. Another strong episode to follow up I Am Farkle.

Edited by CheetaraThunder
  • Love 4

Girl Meets World to Crossover with Austin & Ally and Best Friends Whenever

Episode: "Girl Meets World of Terror 2"

Riley and Maya run into a somewhat old friend when they meet the ghost of the bay window—who just happens to be a flapper from the 1920s.

Crossover Guest Stars: Austin & Ally’s Ross Lynch as Austin Moon and Laura Marano as Ally Dawson

Airs: Friday, October 2nd at 8:30pm

Riley and Lucas will also appear in a Best Friends Whenever episode

Episode: "Cyd and Shelby in the Haunted Escape"

Cyd and Shelby take a bite out of the Big Apple when they use Barry’s new invention to teleport themselves to the NYC Central Park Spooktacular—only to end up trapped in a haunted house with Girl Meets World’s Riley and Lucas (guest stars Rowan Blanchard and Peyton Meyer).

Crossover Guest Stars: Girl Meets World’s Rowan Blanchard as Riley Matthews and Peyton Meyer as Lucas Friar

Airs: Sunday, October 4th at 8:30pm.

http://www.tvinsider.com/gallery/39758/sneak-peek-disney-channels-halloween-themed-monstober-episodes-photos/

Why does Maya have to be there?

Because this is Maya Meets World now, silly.

No, seriously I'm saying that even as a fan of Maya.

Because a shitty writer doesn't even understand the PROPER flashback cliche?

The proper one is that the main character flashes back and meets people in the past who are PLAYED by the same people who play characters in the present. So you'd still get Maya. Or rather Sabrina Carpenter, playing another role.

The proper one is that the main character flashes back and meets people in the past who are PLAYED by the same people who play characters in the present. So you'd still get Maya. Or rather Sabrina Carpenter, playing another role.

But they already did that with the 60s episode. I figure it's just because Maya is Riley's best friend and Riley going back and reacting with no one to interact with would be pretty boring, and just a lot of Riley talking to herself. It doesn't appear that she will be interacting with her parents so she needs someone to interact with. It would be odd if she took Lucas or Farkle or anyone other than Maya.

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 1

whoa, whoa,! why is Maya there??

This is about Riley's parents not Maya's

Flashback eps are sposed to be written with interaction with past characters. If your just going to bring your best friend along it reduces character developement.

anyhooo...In any case should make for interesting watching ;)

Edited by Davidb86