Type keyword(s) to search

Girl Meets Spoilers (and Spoiler Discussion)

I mean, I went to a liberal high school, and I knew plenty of girls that didn't want to commit themselves to the label of "gay" or "straight", and I found it pretty realistic at this age, Rowen doesn't want to peg herself as anything because she wants to be open-minded.

"Girl Meets True Maya." Seriously, the show should just go ahead and call the show what it's become: Girl Meets Maya's World. It's so obvious that the writers prefer Maya as the focus.

• Love 4

"Girl Meets True Maya." Seriously, the show should just go ahead and call the show what it's become: Girl Meets Maya's World. It's so obvious that the writers prefer Maya as the focus.

I'd have to disagree, first of all the "Girl" = Riley. When you say "Girls Meets Maya's World" it's just like saying "Riley Meets Maya's World" which has the focus on both Riley and Maya. I think it's not that the focus is on Maya, I think it's more like the focus is on Riley's feelings towards Lucaya. Besides, Riarkle and Lucaya are endgame anyway, so Season 3 will be focused on both relationships.

• Love 1

I think it's just as likely that the actors were down there filming one of those bits that runs during commercial breaks or were down there or some kind of personal appearance thing.  (Not saying it's not part of the show, but they film a lot of stuff with the various DC actors in WDW and DL.) 

• Love 1

Is that Smackle in the preview with the rest of the group?  The girl in the blue dress and glasses.  If that's her, they must have her going to public school for high school instead of her private school. I like her as a minor character here and there to interact with Farkle (and Lucas) but I'm not sure I feel her as a permanent addition.  

On 5/2/2016 at 0:37 AM, Aliconehead said:

Okay, there's one aspect of that which actually makes me close to angry (not really, because it's just a stupid Disney show, but... as close as I could come with nonsense like this).

They're SO cheap that they've barely re-dressed the sets. I mean you can SEE the Hallway is the SAME hallway with a few tweaks. And ditto for the classroom.

Admittedly if this is all supposed to represent New York City schools, a lot of them could follow the same pattern. But really... no. Every time a new architect or contractor did a school, it was probably all different.

Why so cheap Disney?  This show is likely making you a few bucks.

• Love 2

Would you really want to tear down and build whole new sets on less turnaround than a broadcast show? Not to mention in BMW they literally changed the angle of the camera for the senior year season if I remember correctly.

On 3/23/2016 at 11:25 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I mean, I went to a liberal high school, and I knew plenty of girls that didn't want to commit themselves to the label of "gay" or "straight", and I found it pretty realistic at this age, Rowen doesn't want to peg herself as anything because she wants to be open-minded.

I am seeing the same thing you are and have commented on it in the past. The writers push a lot of Maya is so strong, Maya has over come so much, Maya is an amazing artist, and Maya denied her feelings for Lucas all along as not to hurt Riley. First I call BS on her liking Lucas for very long, until recently when the writers decided they needed a love triangle. And I like Sabrina Carpenter but I see a lot of character bias, they always seem to push her to the forefront. If they want to feature her so much they need to find another vehicle and make her the lead.

• Love 4

I think it's more about Sabrina than Maya. For whatever reason the Disney Machine has decided to pimp Sabrina over Rowan. Maybe Rowan's parents are more protective (definitely a good thing) or the tween girls like the conventionally pretty blonde but Sabrina is on EVERYTHING. She does those Disney Channel shorts, she's in that babysitter movie, she's got an album, is performing at the radio Disney awards. She's the typical Disney star where Rowan, to me, seems more like an actress who happens to be on a Disney show. Neither route is right or wrong, but I feel like the focus on Maya is more about Disney wanting to make Sabrina Carpenter happen more than about them preferring Maya's character.

Sabrina does have a natural charisma so I get why they are pushing her but I think Rowan has grown so much as an actress on the show. I've really come to like her comedic timing even though I feel like they are dumbing down her character, which makes me sad.

• Love 5

I like Sabrina Carpenter too, but this is supposed to be Rowen's show and from Riley's point of view.

And Rowan really has grown so much as an actress, compared to season 1. When Riley's allowed to be smart (like when she talked to Maya about her crush on Josh, and how she doesn't really know him enough to really be "in love" with him), she can rock it. She's definitely capable now, but it  just feels like Disney/the show is putting everything on Sabrina/Maya.

• Love 6
On May 20, 2016 at 7:51 PM, Mabinogia said:

I think it's more about Sabrina than Maya. For whatever reason the Disney Machine has decided to pimp Sabrina over Rowan. Maybe Rowan's parents are more protective (definitely a good thing) or the tween girls like the conventionally pretty blonde but Sabrina is on EVERYTHING. She does those Disney Channel shorts, she's in that babysitter movie, she's got an album, is performing at the radio Disney awards. She's the typical Disney star where Rowan, to me, seems more like an actress who happens to be on a Disney show. Neither route is right or wrong, but I feel like the focus on Maya is more about Disney wanting to make Sabrina Carpenter happen more than about them preferring Maya's character.

Sabrina does have a natural charisma so I get why they are pushing her but I think Rowan has grown so much as an actress on the show. I've really come to like her comedic timing even though I feel like they are dumbing down her character, which makes me sad.

It's as simple as one can sing and one can't. Disney Channel has, for right or wrong, focused on producing new singers who for the most part are females.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, AmandaPanda said:

As a reminder, this thread is for discussion of spoilers. Discussion of who Disney Channel is promoting belongs in the Media thread.

While I agree to a certain extent, the conversation began due to a episode title I believe which was a spoiler. I know at some point you have to step in but sometimes things come organically. With that said you're a good mod so I'll try to to steer all of that to the proper thread when possible.

Skyfall, I agree that the conversation came up organically, which was why I didn't stop it instantly. I'm totally cool with slight straying from the topic. However, the previous four posts really had no discussion of any spoilers. Since the only aspect of the "Girl Meets True Maya" discussion that was a spoiler was the title, the discussion could have occurred in the Media thread. The title could have just been spoiler tagged and the rest of the conversation would have been completely on topic for the Media thread. 

This is a great group of posters, so I really don't ever have much need to intervene. Even here, it's more of a "gentle nudge" than a warning to anyone. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, AmandaPanda said:

Skyfall, I agree that the conversation came up organically, which was why I didn't stop it instantly. I'm totally cool with slight straying from the topic. However, the previous four posts really had no discussion of any spoilers. Since the only aspect of the "Girl Meets True Maya" discussion that was a spoiler was the title, the discussion could have occurred in the Media thread. The title could have just been spoiler tagged and the rest of the conversation would have been completely on topic for the Media thread. 

This is a great group of posters, so I really don't ever have much need to intervene. Even here, it's more of a "gentle nudge" than a warning to anyone. 

Now if we can gently nudge the correct spellings of character names...haha. Might be a sticky thread idea! A list of character names spelled correctly!

• Love 1

well here's a link to the opening credits to season 3 witch is a homage to a BMW credits (and even directed by Ben Savage), just scroll a bit down to the embedded video.

http://www.eonline.com/news/767308/go-behind-the-scenes-of-girl-meets-world-s-adorable-boy-meets-world-opening-credits-homage

My first reaction: Damn Corey's been hit hard by the puberty stick. The kid's grown at least 3-4 inches in height since last season, he's even slightly taller than Peyton now. Should be interesting to hear how much his voice has changed. The new season starts Friday June 3rd just fyi.

Does anybody know if  Uriah will be back as Josh now that he's recovered from his accident?

• Love 2

According to IMDB, Uriah is set to be in 2 episodes of season 3. Granted, IMDB isn't always the most accurate, so take it with a grain of salt.

IMDB has the titles up for the first 13 episodes. They'll likely change, but here they are so far. Some of them have been mentioned previously.

1 & 2. Girl Meets High School

3. Girl Meets Permanent Record

4. Girl Meets Jexica

5. Girl Meets Triangle

6. Girl Meets Upstate

7. Girl Meets True Maya

8. Girl Meets She Don't Like Me

9. Girl Meets Sassy Haltertop

10. Girl Meets the Great Lady of New York

11. Girl Meets I Do

12 & 13. Girl Meets Ski Lodge (supposedly including the return of Uriah)

Actually from the ski lodge taping, Jacobs said that Ski Lodge will be after True Maya. Then it goes She Don't Like Me, etc...

Saw the season 3 premiere, it definitely felt and looked different. Seems like they are finally giving Lucas a voice and standing his own ground. The final scene with Sabrina/Ava and then Sabrina/Rowan was really damn good.

The most improved character right now is definitely Ava. She doesn't scream anymore, she's just normal and we find out that her parents are fighting and she blames herself. In the end, her father leaves the family. 

• Love 3
On 5/24/2016 at 1:08 PM, madhacker said:

well here's a link to the opening credits to season 3 witch is a homage to a BMW credits (and even directed by Ben Savage), just scroll a bit down to the embedded video.

http://www.eonline.com/news/767308/go-behind-the-scenes-of-girl-meets-world-s-adorable-boy-meets-world-opening-credits-homage

These new credits really annoy me. I know it's supposed to be parodying the original as much as homage, but it's just coming off as cheese. 

It also totally misses the point of the original by having the parents there. I mean they HAVE to be in the credits, because this show relies on them so much more than the original did it's parent characters, but the original late season credits purposefully was about distancing the kids from the parents.

Here's an embed so you don't have to jump back to that crappy e-online video:

And the BMW Season 6 embed....

On 5/29/2016 at 10:24 AM, CheetaraThunder said:

Actually from the ski lodge taping, Jacobs said that Ski Lodge will be after True Maya. Then it goes She Don't Like Me, etc...

Saw the season 3 premiere, it definitely felt and looked different. Seems like they are finally giving Lucas a voice and standing his own ground. The final scene with Sabrina/Ava and then Sabrina/Rowan was really damn good.

The most improved character right now is definitely Ava. She doesn't scream anymore, she's just normal and we find out that her parents are fighting and she blames herself. In the end, her father leaves the family. 

There is a mirror version of the S3E01 on YouTube.  Ava is definitely improved.  For the first time, I believe Michael Jacobs' comments about Ava and Auggie being the Cory and Topanga of GMW.  It appears that Cory's middle school teaching style will finally be addressed as he teaches his first  high school classes.  Some interesting "freshman hazing" may or may not be going on.  These upperclassmen may be actually be trying to teach the newbies a Cory-like lesson (with Topanga's help).  Smackle is attending Abagail Adams High with the others, but has also improved - including not accusing Lucas of anything :)

(edited)
8 hours ago, Dee said:

What was the point of Girl Meets World excluding Zay from the credits with the rest of the main characters?

Are we sure he's actually a regular?  I think he's a recurring. Recurring don't get in the main credits, they get their names in the post-titles.

EDIT - for spelling. Duh. It's "recurring" not "reoccuring"!

Edited by Kromm
(edited)

From what's been reported via spoilers, he's due to be in every episode this season, save for two. That fairly screams regular, imo.

Edited by AmandaPanda
spoiler bars unnecessary in spoiler thread
(edited)
2 hours ago, Dee said:

From what's been reported via spoilers, he's due to be in every episode this season, save for two. That fairly screams regular, imo.

Believe it or not, the number of episodes someone is in does not determine if they're in the credits or not. It's a contractual thing, not a numerical count.

Generally I don't think comedies have this issue as often, but you can see examples in dramas easily enough. ER, for example, had plenty of characters who weren't in the main credits, but who were in virtually every episode.

EDIT - actually on reflection I mulled over it and there HAVE been plenty of comedies like that. The Office, for example, left easily 50% of the cast out of the credits. But do you really think BJ Nokav, aka "Ryan" (who WAS in the credits) was in more episodes than Brian Baumgartner, aka Kevin (not in the credits)? Nope. It was the contracts they each had.  It's actually slightly more complicated with this example, if only because The Office worked out this system where some actors got "star" billing (vs. recurring) but were STILL not in the main credits. It's possible, I suppose, that this could be the case with Zay too, on Girl Meets World. And it seems like they may be using Smackle more too, and she could be a similar status--given a bigger episode commitment, but not in the credits.

Edited by Kromm

I wasn't a fan of the new credits, either. They should have changed the song, or sung/arranged it different, because it just didn't match well.

On the other hand, kudos for the casting of this episode, because they all looked so tiny next to the seniors. It was really jarring to see Lucas next to Luke Benward, who is much huger than I thought he was.

Generally a good start to the season.

• Love 2
(edited)

Just saw the first new episode on YouTube and thought it was OK. It seems like the show is still trying to find its footing with the new setting and characters. I liked the part where the new high school students pointed out that they've always hung out at Topanga's coffee shop, but that Riley and her friends never noticed them before because they were "in their own little world." Nice touch there.

The tone of the show definitely seems a lot darker and more adult than the previous season, especially since this is a Disney Channel show - I was surprised by the frank discussion of Ava's parents' family problems. The Ava character has improved by leaps and bounds - this was the first episode where I didn't think she was shrill and annoying, and I actually felt sorry for her.

Disney Channel shows don't seem to last longer than three or four seasons, so I'm curious to see what happens this season. Hopefully all these changes don't scare viewers off, and we'll get at least two more seasons.

On the other hand, kudos for the casting of this episode, because they all looked so tiny next to the seniors. It was really jarring to see Lucas next to Luke Benward, who is much huger than I thought he was.

I thought the show did a really good job with the casting too. It's funny, because I know we were discussing last season how Lucas in particular was starting to get too bulky to pass for a middle schooler, but he actually looked 15 (or however old the character is supposed to be,) standing next to the football players.

Also totally random, but did you post under the MethodActor85 username back on TWOP? If so, nice to see a familiar face around these parts - I remember posting with you in the MTV "Made" thread back in the day :)

Edited by vanillamountain
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, vanillamountain said:

Just saw the first new episode on YouTube and thought it was OK. It seems like the show is still trying to find its footing with the new setting and characters. I liked the part where the new high school students pointed out that they've always hung out at Topanga's coffee shop, but that Riley and her friends never noticed them before because they were "in their own little world." Nice touch there.

There was a good share of BS in this episode, but I agree that one line made most of it worth it.

The odd thing is that this show has taken to meta-commentary on it's own tendency to navel-gaze (the random girl in the class commenting on how Cory teaches was another example)... and yet it also keeps doing it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Next episode it looks like things get even preachier.  Big bits of next episode are already on YouTube and it's Preachy City.

Small bits (without going over the whole thing).

• We always complain about never seeing other adults in the schools on this show. Well, we get a Football Coach next episode. So that's ONE other adult so far in the High School.
  • High School apparently has a junk food vending machine right off the side of that Pit.
  • Ava is apparently only referred to now as Auggie's "best friend" instead of his "girlfriend".
  • If the previous episode was meant to impart the idea that the world doesn't revolve around Riley, this one takes several steps back on that. Ugh. I won't be specific, because the moments that highlight what I'm talking about will be obvious to everyone after you see them.
  • One of the few really good things appears to be that the girl who's calling Corey on his classroom bullshit returns next week. She seems to be permanent. 
Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

Little tidbit from the GM Jexica:

-Riley is a rude ass bitch to Maya. Basically trying to make it seem like Lucas likes her/jexica more then Maya. Putting the triangle/boy before her friendship with Maya. Even out right asking Lucas...and it's definitely the beginning of Maya's identity crisis angle. No wonder Maya starts to think Lucas may like Riley better and start pushing him towards her.

i do want the triangle to end, but this episode was horrifically bad in my eyes.

The curtain call videos one Youtube poster has put up (who's seemingly been to every taping this season) have a few minor spoilers. Nothing TOO major.

For example, here's a call from Girl Meets True Maya. The spoiler?  A guest appearance by Reginald VelJohnson. Spoiler Part II? Because Reginald VelJohnson is apparently mandated by law to only be able to play "fat guys in cop outfits" guess what he's playing?  A fat guy in a cop outfit. Seriously, he must own his own set of uniforms and get cast based on that (last year he was on "Clipped" playing... a fat guy in a cop outfit, and of course his classic roles are Carl Winslow, a fat guy in a cop outfit, and Al Powell... a fat guy in a cop outfit.

(edited)

Other potential spoilers from the Season 3 Curtain Calls up there?  Ava seems to be in most of them, meaning... we can expect her in most of the episodes. Which isn't quite as dreadful a thing as it might have been last year, since they've spent some time fixing her character. 

Danielle is absent from several of the Curtain Calls, but I gotta think that comes down to shooting schedule. Oddly Ava and August are sometimes in ones she's not in though. Perhaps they are kept on set for schooling and thus are available for every Curtain Call, whereas perhaps Danielle only shows up on days she actually tapes.  Body language alone in these Curtain Calls, to me, at least conveys that even when we do see her, she's slightly less engaged with the rest of the cast (she maintains far more of a distinct space from them than they do from each other). I think that's why Topanga continues to be so minimally developed on the show--Danielle is happy with (and provided) a lighter schedule. 

Ben Savage is introduced as the Director of a LOT of these episodes. Apparently he really worked hard to finagle that to do the show in the first place. Danielle, one of the times she DOES show up in the Curtain Calls, is introduced as the Director of that episode (although she's in at least one other from this season just as a normal cast member called out). 

Rider Strong is specifically in "Girl Meets I Do". Cheryl Texiera is in that episode too. Make of it what you will them both being back in an episode named after a Wedding Vow.

Cecilia Balagot (Smackle) must have gotten on the good side of the warddrobe people. She has arguably even nicer outfits than Sabrina and Rowan in several of these Curtain Calls. I'm sure the Previous episode writeups here of the future episodes will complement her a lot.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

After watching Girl meets Upstate, it was very clear that Lucas was going to pick Maya. All of the stuff he said to Katy, and then when Maya told him that he chose Riley at the end with his reaction looking one of confusion and sadness, makes it pretty clear that it was going to be Maya at the end. Maya looked pretty sad about it too, but masked it when she saw Shawn purpose to Katy.

the one huge negative about this episode was how they treated Angela. Just downplaying any connection/romance Shawn and angel had in the past and topanga saying that she never seen Shawn light up like he has since he has been with Katy. Big slap in the face to Shawn/Angela lovers

• Love 2

Crap. So they are still pushing this Shawn and Katy shit? Oh freaking joy. That actually makes me want Shawn to never be on the show again if that is what they are going to do with him. And I love Shawn. I just hate hate HATE this storyline.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Crap. So they are still pushing this Shawn and Katy shit? Oh freaking joy. That actually makes me want Shawn to never be on the show again if that is what they are going to do with him. And I love Shawn. I just hate hate HATE this storyline.

Ugh. I'm not a fan of that story line.

• Love 2
(edited)

As bad as Girl Meets Triangle was, Girl Meets Upstate somehow was even worse.

The Shawn and Katy stuff is far from the worst. It's the continuation of this overly simplistic bullshit about how to have a Corey or Riley, you need a Shawn or Maya, who have to break rules, do stuff without thinking, etc. They're equating learning life lessons and being mature with "losing yourself".

The fetid turd floating in the toilet bowl is the art teacher. Who makes these grand pronouncements in a super-pompous voice about Maya's whole being based on paint that accidentally spattered on a canvas while Maya and Riley were fighting.  It's kind of hard to explain this exactly, except to say think back to what that character did in "Triangle", but remove an actual completed artwork from Maya, make it instead the results of a 30 second paint fight, and make the stuff he says about art and artists ten times as packed with gobbledigook. 

Edited by Kromm

I didn't hate it, but I'm a sucker for Shawn episodes. I was waiting for Katy to say "Don't you think we should try dating first?" I will always want to see the original trio and I liked what I saw of them interacting with each other and Katy. And I like Shawn pointing out just how much Riley is a mini-Cory/Topanga. I liked the boys' interaction.

The Maya/Shawn turning into Riley/Cory is rushed, kind of out of character, and I still feel like Shawn's trying to be Cory with this sudden marriage proposal (actually that's more of a Topanga move). 

And in an unrelated note, purple hair looks fantastic on Sabrina Carpenter.

• Love 1
On 7/2/2016 at 3:11 PM, CheetaraThunder said:

As bad as it was, the end when Katy says yes to the proposal with Maya breaking down and crying tears of happiness was actually really sweet and an amazing job by Sabrina Carpenter once again.

I'm a little bit confused. Are Katy and Shawn supposed to have been dating off screen this entire time...or is he suddenly proposing to her and he hasn't seen her since Girl Meets Hurricane? Because if this is a rush proposal and marriage then that's kind of stupid. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/2/2016 at 9:32 AM, CheetaraThunder said:

After watching Girl meets Upstate, it was very clear that Lucas was going to pick Maya. All of the stuff he said to Katy, and then when Maya told him that he chose Riley at the end with his reaction looking one of confusion and sadness, makes it pretty clear that it was going to be Maya at the end. Maya looked pretty sad about it too, but masked it when she saw Shawn purpose to Katy.

the one huge negative about this episode was how they treated Angela. Just downplaying any connection/romance Shawn and angel had in the past and topanga saying that she never seen Shawn light up like he has since he has been with Katy. Big slap in the face to Shawn/Angela lovers

It's funny, I had the exact same reaction. It was very clear to me that Lucas was actually going to pick Maya. His expression said it all. 

And the triangle really is *still* not done because we once again glossed over Luca's opinion/pov. This 'Maya is really being Riley' thing is garbage for a number of reasons, but especially in this particular context; so Maya never really liked Lucas? What a cop-out if it's true. And also a total waste of our time.

However, since I dont think it is really over, here are my predictions. Maya is still going through her identity crisis thing since the episode after Upstate is apparentluly her vandalising something. I'm guessing that will be the backtrack on this whole 'Maya can't be a good person because that's Riley's thing' storyline. Lucas will have a moment with her, leaving Maya thinking maybe it's not only the Riley part of her that likes him. Ski Lodge is where it's all coming to a head. Disney doesn't do kissing much any more, but I'm thinking there will be a Lucaya kiss in part 1, Riley sees it, and it will be revealed that Lucas is/was actually interested in Maya. Part 2 is possibly dealing with the fallout. 

I do think Michael Jacobs is just trying to throw us off with the whole major Rucas plot twist thing, so even if Lucaya ends up being a thing momentarily it will inevitably end since Rucas has to be endgame. 

I also hate what is going on w/Katy and Shawn. None of it makes any sense?? I don't really care to see a bunch of their dates, but c'mon, if they knew this was coming they could have at least mentioned them going out a couple times. It's been months in real time and Tv Land since we've seen them together. The entire thing rings false. 

Edited by FrumiusManxome
  • Love 2

It would be more interesting, IMO, to watch Riley deal with Lucas preferring Maya than in watching Maya deal with Lucas preferring Riley. I think Maya long ago just assumed and accepted that Riley/Lucas was going to be a thing but I don't think Riley ever really considered him wanting Maya more than her. She's got this idea in her head of them getting married and having babies and living a fairytale. It would be more interesting to see that bubble burst and how Riley would deal with it. It would give Rowan more to do than just be happy because everything always works out the way she wants in the end.

• Love 5

So...Riley likes Lucas, Lucas likes Maya, and part of Maya that wants to be Riley loves Lucas?

And hey I don't think that was a joke when Zay accidentally admitted that HE likes both Maya and Riley.  There may be something to Zay/Maya - the actors seem to work well together.

• Love 1
(edited)

I really dislike the Maya loses her identity story line, and selling the clothes to buy ones that are more her style. I'm so tired of Maya and Riley.

I liked the part of the show that focused on the adults and the talk the boys had. The marriage proposal scene was fun. The longer the show is on the air, I find that I watch more for the parts of the show that are not about Maya and Riley.

I could do without Auggie, Ava and Smackle too,

Edited by madfortv
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, madfortv said:

The longer the show is on the air, I find that I watch more for the parts of the show that are not about Maya and Riley.

ITA. I'm in it for Zay, Farkle, Corey, Topanga, and sometimes Lucas. Riley and Maya irritate me. A sprinkle of Auggie, Smackle, and Shawn is fine too but not in large doses (and since Shawn was totally my TV boyfriend when BMW was on, it makes me sad not to want him around more but I'm not digging his story line now at all). 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, madfortv said:

I really dislike the Maya loses her identity story line, and selling the clothes to buy ones that are more her style. I'm so tired of Maya and Riley.

I liked the part of the show that focused on the adults and the talk the boys had. The marriage proposal scene was fun. The longer the show is on the air, I find that I watch more for the parts of the show that are not about Maya and Riley.

I am right there with you. I always wanted more focus and Farkle myself. I feel he is the most interesting character. 

• Love 2

I wish the show would embrace Rowan's intelligence and activist spirit when conceiving storylines for Riley and Maya because Disney audiences are not naive. Not in this day and age. It's like the show is in a bubble and that's not good especially since the characters are in NYC. In light of what happened in the last two days with the cops killing two more Black men it would behoove them to do a story where Zay get targeted by the cops. This other stuff is ridiculous and really retro.

• Love 4