Type keyword(s) to search

Girl Meets Spoilers (and Spoiler Discussion)

I'm down with Boys Meet World, the story of three unlikely friends making their way through high school without the girl drama. lol

More and more I find the Farkle/Lucas/Zay friendship the heart of the show. Maya/Riley are just too co-dependent for me now. Their friendship has crossed the line from sweet to a bit worrisome. And Riley is bordering on special needs. But the unlikely friendship between "jock" Lucas and "brain" Farkle with "wild card" Zay as the voice of reason (and the audience) is fun to watch and doesn't make me cringe.

• Love 4

Girl Meets Bear is up on Youtube.   So Zay/Maya is happening.  I always thought Zay would be a good love interest.  It's weird that he asked Josh's permission but was great when he said he didn't care if Josh was okay with it.  I do appreciate Zay's point that Maya shouldn't be so fixated on dating Josh in the future that she misses opportunities to date right now.  I just didn't like Zay including Josh in what should have been a Maya/Zay conversation only.  Also thought it was odd that he framed dating Maya as a way to avoid them being third wheels around Lucas and Riley.   I think it would have been better if he asked Maya out simply cause he liked her without all that Josh, Lucas, Riley baggage.  Still I like the idea of Zay/Maya and accept that this show is clunky as hell in it's execution of story lines especially when it involves romance.  I will give the show credit for handling Zay/Maya/Josh less obnoxiously than Riley/Lucas/Maya.

• Love 2

I quite like the idea of Zay and Maya. They are both pretty snarky and the actors play well off each other. I also think they'd be must more interesting to watch than Lucas and Riley trying to decide if they hold hands does that mean they will get married some day?

• Love 2

Yep if it's move to freeform for more mature Eps it may actually save the show, I found it quite funny that their talking about cancellation based on the love triangle was too realistic. (It was actually the most convulated unrealistic fantasy based story I've seen it quite a while)

We're at BWM right now series 3 (the pig one) and BMW is much better.

On 8/22/2016 at 7:59 AM, Mabinogia said:

I quite like the idea of Zay and Maya. They are both pretty snarky and the actors play well off each other. I also think they'd be must more interesting to watch than Lucas and Riley trying to decide if they hold hands does that mean they will get married some day?

I haven't been able to back Riley and Lucas since that ridiculous episode. There were a couple different places they could have gone with it - Riley's romanticization of a BF vs actually having to do things w/one, don't do things you aren't comfortable with, Lucas having issues with intimacy, but instead they mixed a couple little things together that basically amounted to "we just don't want them together yet because reasons" I still don't understand why they didn't just suck it up especially since even now a whole year later when they're 'official' they still aren't doing the couple things that were implied to be in the future. So, it comes off as if Riley and Lucas are just weirdly uncomfortable with actually dating. An interesting plot line if true, but I'm sure the writers aren't going for that.

I'm ready for Zay and Maya, though it's weird how everyone w/in the group is basically now dating each other. Expand your horizons people. It'd be interesting to see an episode where one couple has a fight since none of them have any other friends and would thus, have to suffer through it/pick sides. 

• Love 1

Other than Riley being pretty obnoxious and Maya being annoying, verging on snide, for half the episode, Girl Meets Bear is really funny.

It proves the show could be fairly awesome if Jacobs would stop trying to be unnecessarily profound.

There are a lot of great character moments, especially from rare pairings like Topanga & Farkle, Zay & Maya and Cory & Auggie.

Amir Mitchell Townes & Cory Fogelmanis have really come into their own this season. It's a shame Jacobs and the writers refuse to budge on Lucas and Josh being the show's primary male characters because Zay and Farkle are more interesting than them both by a country mile, and I like Lucas.

The last bit between Cory Fogelmanis and August Maturo was hilarious. The other four not being able to hold it together made the moment even funnier.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 1
On 8/22/2016 at 2:42 AM, Luckylyn said:

Girl Meets Bear is up on Youtube.   So Zay/Maya is happening.  I always thought Zay would be a good love interest.

Hopefully it will last longer than,say,like 3 episodes lol

2 hours ago, Dee said:

Amir Mitchell Townes & Cory Fogelmanis have really come into their own this season. It's a shame Jacobs and the writers refuse to budge on Lucas and Josh being the show's primary male characters because Zay and Farkle are more interesting than them both by a country mile, and I like Lucas.

Josh has been in, like, 7 episodes in the entire run of the show, how is he a primary male character compared to Farkle?

Edited by Perfect Xero
  • Love 2

I mean a primary, in a romantic lead sense.

Despite only being in a handful of episodes, and being told repeatedly that a relationship between he and Maya would be hella inappropriate, the show goes through serious pains to keep the 'Joshaya' door open.

All the time and effort that's been utilized to justify keeping him on the show, beyond holiday and/or Matthews family-centric episodes, would've been much better spent developing Farkle, Zay and Smackle.

3 hours ago, TDT said:

Hopefully it will last longer than,say,like 3 episodes lol

As long as it's handled better than Zach and Lisa dating on Saved by the Bell in which they dated one episode and it was forgotten every episode later.  Still bitter about that.   I'm hoping Zay and Maya get some nice moments.  The build up to romance between them wasn't there but I'm on board cause I want more Zay and he and Maya could be really good.

How do we know Maya is not pretending to like Zay? 

What if this time instead of turning into Riley, she turns into Lucas, to test whether Zay is really a good enough friend for him?

See what Michael Jacobs has done to me???? Make it stop!

Edited by BigDave
  • Love 5

I'm with you on the boys, but not Smackle. She's as bad as Sheldon on "The Big Bang Theory."

Fine fine we can ship the actress to Best Friends Whenever to be the new love interest of Barry since his old one went to Bizardvark. The female Peyton xD

On 9/10/2016 at 2:33 AM, Dee said:

Re: Girl Meets The Great Lady Of New York

How far has children's television programming regressed when slavery and the holocaust can't even be mentioned by name?

Because the special little snowflakes and their helicopter parents need trigger warnings and safe spaces because they don't want to see how ugly people can really be.

I gave up on the show a few episodes ago. I could no longer stand Riley's idiocy and inappropriate behavior in class, to her friends, basically everywhere.

• Love 1
On 9/9/2016 at 11:33 PM, Dee said:

Re: Girl Meets The Great Lady Of New York

How far has children's television programming regressed when slavery and the holocaust can't even be mentioned by name?

Don't forget they completely left out that Pol Pot, the leader of Cambodia that the grandmother was speaking about, murder a lot of their population 

Edited by Aliconehead

The promo for the Girl Meets World of Terror part 3 episode has been posted, and it's hilarious that the writers seem to think that Alternate Riley is the least bit different from regular Riley. I can see where they're really trying to lay it on thick with her naivete, but I'm not buying it since there honestly is nothing stopping Riley from talking to her teddy bear (before she lost him) at school on any given day anyways so what's so special about this alternate world? 

Some of the stuff is obvious plot contrivances to make this work, but I really don't like the fact that Riley and Farkle aren't still friends. That makes the least amount of sense to me. I actually think based on what we've heard of them, that Farkle and Riley would still be close despite Maya and Riley not being friends. They knew each other when they were pretty young already, and Farkle was immediately interested in Riley (I'm a little sketchy on the details her since it was so long ago they even discussed this) so I don't know how Maya not being in the picture somehow divided them. 

So I'm wondering about "Girl Meets Goodbye" and "World Meets Girl".  Goodbye (labeled 3.20) seems to be the Season 3 ender, the one with all the guest stars, and was taped on July 26.  "World Meets Girl" (3.21) was taped on August 2, and seems to be added on to the original order.  This sound like the episode "between" seasons 1 and 2, the one where Debbie Ryan guest-starred, which was part of a Disney event which had guest stars (but as new characters so they weren't show crossovers).  I wonder if this is for another Disney event. 

Friday, January 13

Original Series - Episode Premiere

Girl Meets World "Girl Meets Sweet Sixteen"

(6:00 - 6:30 P.M. EST)

With Riley's 16th birthday approaching, the kids contemplate the future and how rapidly their relationships will change in a few short years.

TV-G

The above is from The Futon Critic.  Apparently the show has skipped a year to have her birthday on December 8 of the gang's  sophomore year.  (Until this, I had though it would be Maya's 16th, since she is about 11 months older than Riley.)  This would be consistent with David Jacobs' stated desire to speed things up so that the kids get through high school before the end of the series (if in fact, it is renewed for one more year).  This would match what BMW did in its 4th and 5th seasons.

Read more:Listings - GIRL MEETS WORLD on DISNEY | TheFutonCritic.comhttp://thefutoncritic.com/listings/20161222disney05/#ixzz4UMfwptz0

On 10/22/2016 at 11:01 AM, bagert said:

So I'm wondering about "Girl Meets Goodbye" and "World Meets Girl".  Goodbye (labeled 3.20) seems to be the Season 3 ender, the one with all the guest stars, and was taped on July 26.  "World Meets Girl" (3.21) was taped on August 2, and seems to be added on to the original order.  This sound like the episode "between" seasons 1 and 2, the one where Debbie Ryan guest-starred, which was part of a Disney event which had guest stars (but as new characters so they weren't show crossovers).  I wonder if this is for another Disney event. 

World Meets Girl sounds like a fan special and not an actual episode

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Skyfall said:

World Meets Girl sounds like a fan special and not an actual episode

Yes, more info is out than it was when I made that post back in October.  Yes, questions answered and bloopers.

^^^ Yea caught it On Demand myself.. looks like whomever called what Topanga's final decision would be was spot on lol

If people still want the show to continue,then Netflix(or Hulu),it's on you

I'm glad I was only looking forward to the BMW moments.  Meta would be the best way to describe the episode.  They literally did not have one care to give and I'm glad.  Lots of cute moments, but lots of BMW recycling. 

As for the actual storyline--whatever.  They did this to themselves.

Edited by Spencer Hastings